Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Ken and Amaya Spar[Amaya]

Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Ken and Amaya Spar[Amaya] Empty Ken and Amaya Spar[Amaya]

Post by Yuki Kaida Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:01 am

Ken had heard of a woman that was a Jounin like himself and had sent her a letter asking her to come to the training field so he could battle someone of equal strength to test himself out. It was done in a very formal way with the challenge of simply saying he wanted to see how well he had progressed being gone from the village for the last five years. He would patiently await her arrival as he felt pretty excited to be able to test himself against someone strong, he was unsure what skills she had but that did not matter. He was very confident in his ability with the sword and his extremely tough defensive skills he had.

"I wonder what she looks like the name seems familiar maybe she was at the academy when I was, who knows I have met quite a few people from those days. After five years I do wonder if they would recognize me, grizzled and looking like a war veteran, oh well if she does not that is fine. Being gone for so long on my mission was tough but now I am home and I will make sure we do not lose to that woman in the file, no I have my plans already."

Ken would rest against a tree his rather large figure may be intimidating at first to some people but Ken was actually a very respectful and caring guy. While he was tough he was like a pillar for the village, he stood for hope and he stood as a symbol of defense with him in the village any attack by someone would not go as planned. He learned many things when gone from the village such as defending when outnumbers as well as learning gorilla tactics. Anything was allowed on a battlefield and to not use all your resources would be silly, like this spar he would not try to kill her but he was not going to go easy. He wanted to make sure the Jounin of the village were tough and conditioned to be able to deal with anything.

Ken and Amaya Spar[Amaya] Empty Re: Ken and Amaya Spar[Amaya]

Post by Amaya Taira Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Amaya had been summoned to the Training Field by a challenge extended to her from someone who she had not recalled meeting previously, however, she assumed that this was due to the fact that there were arguably more important things on her mind for the last few years than worrying about remembering someone who she attended the Academy with or someone with whom she may have shared a meal on occasion. She was doing vital work, she reminded herself, and she had little time to do anything else as of late with the exception of brief snippets of 'free time' such as this - where it still felt as if she were on yet another mission, although with the distinct difference that this was against one of her own rather than some faceless enemy of the village who she would only ever come into contact with through clashing of blades, which was most certainly not the case in this circumstance.

She knew that she was not particularly gifted in any way, and the fact that she adamantly refused to use any sort of deception or trickery in battle when it was not absolutely necessary to prevent others from coming to harm was something that many of her colleagues had told her was holding the young woman back; a belief that she had begun to find was harder and harder to deny as the years passed and she was continuously proven that honor was something long dead among a majority of the Shinobi world.

It was only her own stalwart belief in her family's teachings that kept her from giving in to the base desire to simply repay such things in kind. She still believed firmly that the only true battle was a fair one, fought between two individuals in open ground with only their true prowess on display - the Shinobi Arts and the ways of battle that often focused upon either inflicting great suffering or otherwise abstaining from a fair fight were something she found distasteful and typically refrained from using such techniques herself as she had been raised to reject them for the most part in favor of her Family's Way.

She had arrived at the Training Field just as the sun had begun to set itself in the center of the sky, hoping that she had not kept her opponent waiting too long as she noted a large man resting against a tree within the Field and came to the quick conclusion that he must have been the one who had issued the challenge in the first place. At first glance, he appeared to be rather imposing compared to Amaya's own small frame; however, she knew better than to judge others based on such a first assessment and would call out to the man with a smile and an overall light-hearted demeanor that suggested she had not taken the challenge she had received as anything more than a friendly spar, or at least so it appeared:

"Ah, you must be Ken-sama." Amaya would say as she approached the man, taking her hand off of the rapier worn on her hip and folding both hands together at her chest as she performed a respectful bow toward the other Jounin, raising herself back into a full standing position as she continued to speak with a slight smile on her lips. "I have come in response to the challenge you issued," She would continue, her smile flickering away for only a brief moment before it returned to her lips. "As you may already know, my name is Amaya Taira, though my friends often call me by Rose on account of my hair and my disposition." She would add with the faintest trace of a light-hearted laugh following her words before she then offered a hand to the man before her.

"It is an honor to formally meet you, Ken-sama."

Casual Attire:
    [647 WC]
    [10 EXP]

"I refuse to give up, no matter how much it hurts - Guest is worth saving; despite anything that they could have done...
    Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Post by Yuki Kaida Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 am

He saw a woman approach as a smile would cross his face, he was sure she was the one he was looking for. She began to speak about her name as he observed her clothing, her nickname appeared to be rose because of her hair color and he guessed because like a rose she may be beautiful but also had sharp thorns to be careful of. She was a lovely lady for sure but he was not here to flirt, he had not met the other Jounin and he wanted to test their capabilities so he understood how strong the others were he would be working with.

"Rose, a fitting name for you, beautiful but likely with some sharp thorn to pierce the flesh, yes I am Ken the one who sent the challenge. I have recently returned to the village and I wanted to test the skills of the other Jounin, to know what sort of power he had to deal with a very bad threat that will happen three years from now. I cannot give details but rest assured we need to be prepared to deal with someone more powerful then any of us have ever seen. That being said I am guessing you are ready to fight so let the words end and let me prepare myself for battle I wish you the best of luck."

As he words finished suddenly his body would begin to be covered in a black colored armor as it quickly and instantly surrounded his body with a large black bastard sword forming in his right hand. He would motion with his other hand for her to attack, he would not attack her before she was prepared that was dishonorable and she was no enemy of the village.

Armor look:

Prcogs 3/3
    Stamina: 95/120
    Jutsu Used and Stats:

Post by Amaya Taira Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Amaya's gaze hardened as the man finished speaking; he had mentioned a threat that was to come to the village within three years, someone, who was more powerful than any of them had ever seen according to Ken’s words. She, of course, found this hard to believe and instead rather suspicious seeing as he stated that he was unable to give any details on the matter and apparently from the sound of things only he was aware of such a threat. This man was either insane or was, in fact, one of the facets of this looming threat that apparently threatened the Village - was it not suspicious that he had left the village only to return and ‘test’ the Jounin in order to see how well the defenses of the Village were? It all just seemed a bit too conveniently lined up in order for it to be one-hundred-percent of the truth and Amaya felt a chill ran through her spine as she had come to this realization: She needed to tell the Mizukage about this and stop Ken before he either made any rash decisions - if he had been telling the truth about this whole ordeal - or, if he had been lying; he killed each and every Jounin one by one, starting with her.

It was likely paranoid thinking, but it was not as if Amaya could really help the fact that this man made himself out to not only be secretive about what was apparently such a big threat toward them all - but he was going to request individual spars against the other Jounin, alone, in the Training Fields where it would be all too easy to just kill the other participant and return to the Village simply saying that they had gone missing or something along those lines? Amaya had a feeling in her gut, this man was not to be trusted at his word. Her gut feeling only seemed to be confirmed when he summoned forth a massive suit of black armor onto his body which absolutely dwarfed the swordswoman in comparison - He had not intended for this to be an honorable battle between cohorts, this was definitely direr than that.

Drawing her blade hesitantly from the scabbard on her hip, Amaya would call out toward the man through gritted teeth:

“Not quite something that one would do in honorable combat, Ken-san.” She would say while taking a few steps backward, the blade of her rapier pointed toward him in a defensive manner although her other hand remained free and rested upon a pouch on her opposite hip wherein several shurikens were kept. “Are you not aware that a true battle between warriors is blade to blade? Hiding behind armor should not be necessary.” She would add in a tone that had suddenly become much more cold toward the man then she had been mere moments ago when they had introduced themselves to one another. “I am a follower of the Way of the Taira: We believe that combat should be done on equal terms, without the need for the Shinobi Arts to mask one’s flaws - one should bare those flaws out in the open in order to confront them.” She would continue to speak, slowly circling around the man as she spoke while keeping the same posture with one hand holding out her rapier toward Ken while the other rested on the pouch where her ranged weaponry was located.

“Surely you know this, Ken-san, if you are truly a warrior of the caliber you say; then you would know that this is no way to test one’s abilities…” Amaya said while stopping by the side of the man. She did not strike him, she only remained in a defensive position so that if he were to attack, then she would be able to at least have the opportunity to parry the blow or move out of the way before it made contact with her body. She knew that her own abilities were currently no match for someone who was able to manifest armor upon themselves or summon forth a weapon such as he did - but she was confident that her belief in the Way would allow her to breathe another day and that if she were to be slaughtered by a fellow Shinobi of the village, she would know that they would live with such a shame for the rest of their lives whether or not they chose to acknowledge it.

[1,400 WC]
    [20 EXP]

"I refuse to give up, no matter how much it hurts - Guest is worth saving; despite anything that they could have done...
    Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Post by Yuki Kaida Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:35 pm

He listened to her words and it certainly amused him, so in her mind him using his own bloodline developed for the use in close combat making them the stalwarts of the shinobi world. Still, he could see why she was mad, having taken a look at this he already had a plan on how to stop himself but she had no clue about his weaknesses. He would drop the armor and still hold his sword, while he had a wide smile on his face he was disappointed she didn't at least try to attack.

"I do not know why you would consider me using my clan's abilities designed for close combat to be cheating in a duel. If you really wish to fight I am all for it but I won't go easy on you now since its considered cheating to use my own bloodline I will have to use my other talents. If you still wish to continue this fight then once again I offer for you to come at me with all your might."

He would take a stance with him lifting his sword and holding it at an angle, it was clear he was using some sort of style for the blade. He wondered if this was insulting to her but she did insult his bloodline and seemed to think he was a coward, so it was only fair he also insulted her.

stats and jutsu:

Post by Amaya Taira Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Amaya gritted her teeth at the man’s words, finding it difficult to force herself to not outright attack him here and now - but given the way that he spoke and the fact he had moments ago been able to summon forth a full suit of steel armor and an accompanying weapon instantaneously, she was doubtful that he was offering a sincere challenge at this point.

“It is within reason that someone who uses such abilities would know little in the way of honorable fighting.” She would say with a scoff, her stance remaining the same as it had before with one hand pointing the rapier toward the man as the other rested upon the pouch; however, now she was making subtle steps backward heading slowly away from the Training Field itself. “It is not about being a scoundrel, it is about the importance of honor among combatants – These Shinobi Arts may make yourself and others strong of body and grant abilities beyond anything those without could ever imagine, but relying on them has made your hearts and minds weak, you could never possibly understand what true honor is until you cut your ties to them and fight a true duel.” She would say, her tone becoming louder as it became clear she had very strong feelings about this incident and what constituted a ‘fair’ duel in her eyes; something that was likely obvious at this point.

“What pure intentions could come from one who challenges another, only to spout prophecies and talk of how they wish to ‘test’ the others?” Amaya would say coldly, her gaze narrowing at Ken as she spoke. “No matter what is in your ‘bloodline’ as you called it, using it only moments after to turn yourself into a beast of steel with a killer’s blade does not inspire confidence – nay, I know what it is that you are planning and I will warn Lord Takeo before you turn your twisted games upon anyone else.” Amaya continued, before then taking a deep breath and whispering. “I am sorry.”

After she had whispered, Amaya would deftly perform several hand-seals before letting out a long exhale and producing several blades of wind aimed at the man in the hopes that it would either injure him or slow him down momentarily as she began to flee the Training Field and make her way toward the Mizkukage’s Complex – He needed to be warned, no matter the cost.

Jutsu Used / Stamina:
    [1,811 WC]
    [30 EXP]
    [Attempting Exit]

Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Post by Yuki Kaida Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 pm

He wanted to laugh her way of thinking was very naive, sure a strong offense was good but he had learned long ago having a much tougher defense is better. You cannot predict when someone outmatches you offensively so relying on the defense to try to find a weak point made logical sense to him. She mentioned it made his heart and mind weak and that was completely wrong, Ken was actually quite intelligent on the battlefield in his mind he was quite the commander even. He listened to her last words as she said she was sorry, he had a good idea she was going to attack him finally.

As he saw the beginning of the hand seals he realized this was something he would want to dash away from, he would suddenly dash forward with his blade but not attack her before using one hand seal and vanishing off to the side to watch her walk away, she seemed to be heading for the Kages office as he sighed. He was by far no threat to the village she really misunderstood him and what he wanted. Still, that was an unexpected attack, he had no idea she had Fuuton, as he suspected being defensive against her was a wise idea, that was clearly an S rank attack and she called him a coward for trying to defend himself.

Oh well, she was quite a strange woman and certain he had given her a bad first impression, but there would be time to repair that when he proved his strength was what the village needed. As much as she hated his style of fighting it was what would be needed to have the village from danger, and she had no idea the dangers that lurked in the world with a countdown already in progress.

EXP:60 EXP

-Exit Thread-

Stats and Jutus:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm