Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Date Night [Private]

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 253,660

Date Night [Private] Empty Date Night [Private]

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Satori was going for a walk. At least, that was the original idea. Instead, Satori was finding himself in front of Riku's house, and he blinked a few times in confusion. He must be neglecting his sleep schedule a bit, he'd wandered here completely on habit. Holding his chin in thought, he recalled the actual reason he was in the village and let out a low hum of thought. Technically he was out to buy a few tools and resources from the market square now that they were officially Genin as of yesterday, the tools would be useful when they began to perform missions.

He supposed, by that logic, it may be worthwhile to simply take Riku along. He doubted she had made her own shopping just yet, and though the rule of his clan was to "only use what you made yourself", there were exceptions to the rule. If you created things and sold them for currency, as long as they would be used properly, that money could then be used outside the clan to cover for your own weaknesses. As long as your own effort was being put in, that was the only rule that had to be supported.

Satori had been selling meat and vegetables, wood carvings and more since he'd joined the Academy to steadily build up funds for today. Now was as good a time as any to go, since the exam was so close. Grunting, he stepped forward and lifted a hand to knock on the door with a tilt of his head for Anzu or Riku to answer. It was rare her mother had time to answer, usually busy drowning herself in her work. Especially since his mothers had offered her some of their assistance, it seemed to have re-sparked her desire to grow her knowledge.

Riku

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Chemistry, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 113,150

Date Night [Private] Empty Re: Date Night [Private]

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Riku had been sitting at the kotatsu in her family’s small sitting room when she heard a knock at the door. The blue haired girl perked up, curious about who might be here. The next patient for Taji wasn’t due for another thirty minutes or so. She set down her brush next to the scroll she had been practicing on and went to answer the door.

When the door opened, Riku’s eyes lit up at the sight of her best friend. “Satori-kun! What brings you here?” She moved aside to let the young man in if he wished. The action was without thought, the spiky haired man before her had become like another resident in their home. He visited frequently, so much so, that Taji had half-joked about giving him a key.

The blue haired girl was dressed in a burgundy sweater with long sleeves. The sweater was nearly a dress on her, reaching the tops of the short girl’s thighs. Dark blue leggings extended from beneath the dress-like sweater, covering the heels of her bare feet. Riku’s right hand had ink smudges on it from her sealing practice and there was a dark streak of ink on her jaw.

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:38 pm

Satori had to hold back a snicker as the girl appeared at the doorway. The ink decorating her hands and face was adorable, but also meant he couldn’t just tell her they were going out, either. Stepping inside instead, the tall boy didn’t remove his sandals. Instead closing the door behind him and smiling softly to the short girl.

“Hello, Riku-chan, I’m going out to the Market. I want to buy a rebreather mask and a few other tools for when we start claiming missions. It’ll be good to be properly armed. I came out of habit, figured I may as well ask if you wanted to come along,” he grinned slightly as he lifted his shoulders in a slight shrug.

“If you’re busy I understand though. But if you’re coming along you should probably clean up your hands and face a bit,” his grin broadened, “Unless you want to look like you just fell into a scribes office head-first, I mean,” his tone teasing he snickered softly. A large hand lowering to idly wipe at the ink staining her cheek with a large thumb.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Riku nodded along with Satori's explanation until he commented on her appearance. She turned her head, leaning away from his hand with an offended sniff. “I'll have you know I'm perfectly capable of making sure I clean up before leaving the house. You're bold to think I'll go anywhere with you after that cheek.”

The blue haired genin made sure to give him a heatless glare to make sure he knew she meant it. With another huff, Riku left the room, but not before turning red.

Despite her attitude, Riku returned sans the ink stains and had a brown purse with a long, thin strap slung over her shoulder. She smelled vaguely of lilies and cinnamon and her lips were a bit shiny as though she'd put on lip gloss.

“Ready to go?” She stood at the taller teen's side as if she hadn't pretended to be uninterested before.

[2]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:44 pm

Satori simply grinned as she glared at him, clearly unaffected by the death glare entirely. This was in part because he was fully aware she was always excited to go places with him, but also because if she truly didn’t want to go: she knew he’d leave without her. Their relationship wasn’t born out of some deep need for one another.

Satori had his own goals and jobs to do, and so did Riku. They spent time together as they could, and didn’t hold grudges if one or the other said no. In a way it was remarkably mature for their age due to that.

As she left, red and trying to hide her embarrassment, Satori let out a low rumbling laugh from his chest and waited patiently while she cleaned herself up. Once she had stepped out, all too eager to go, he simply grinned and nodded once.

“You look good, smell nice too,” he commented simply, his strong nose twitching once before he slid the door open for her. Letting her exit first before stepping out after her and sliding it closed behind her. Letting her lock it before beginning to meander toward the marketplace, it was going to be a bit of a walk, but that was fine.

“What all are you thinking about getting?” He inquired curiously, glancing down at her with an arched brow.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:45 pm

Riku lowered her lashes shyly and thanked Satori for his compliment, pink dusting her cheeks.

“You look good, too, as usual,” the teen mumbled.

The genin recovered from being flustered rather quickly when the conversation turned to the shopping trip.

“Just some basics,” she told him, “Some kunai, shuriken, senbon, a medikit, and maybe a pouch and holster,” Riku listed, ticking the items off on her fingers.  “I plan to focus mostly on poisons anyhow, so I don’t need anything too elaborate. What were you looking for?” the blue-haired genin asked in turn, looping her arm around Satori’s.

She leaned her head against her best friend’s arm while she listened to his reply, eyes drifting as Riku took stock of their surroundings. Watching others had become second nature to her and it took effort not to analyze everything she set eyes on.

[3]

Last edited by Dysney on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:47 pm

As the girl’s arm wrapped around his own, Satori’s gaze softened slightly before contemplating her question.

“A medical kit, pouch, holster and backpack, a handful of kunai. Primarily I’m after some explosive tags, ninja wire, ration pills, and a rebreather. Only Kirigakure sells them, apparently, and they sound too useful not to have on my person as an emergency measure.” As he explained this, Satori then carefully led the pair along the walkway.

“Since I can’t turn into water,” he grinned slightly, “I have to do things the old fashion way to dive under the water or avoid toxins,” with this he would playfully nudge her while they walked. Clearly amused at the difference in their goals.

“I wonder if they sell any basic poisons you could use?” He pondered softly, glancing up in thought at the idea while the buildings passed them by.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Riku giggled at Satori’s teasing comments. “It's a useful skill, turning into water,” she said in agreement.

“They might have poisons I can purchase as well, but I'm not going to get into those just yet. Kaa-san wants me to learn how to heal before I can carry them with me. I know some, of course, but there's still more. I can't use poisons without being able to reverse their effects at my level of experience. If I get an ally on accident, I need to be able to take care of it.”

They neared the market shortly after that. Several shops and stalls lined the streets with signs advertising their wares in large print.

“Let's start with the general supplies and then go to the weapons shop. It shouldn't take long. Maybe we could get a snack after,” Riku chattered excitedly, a small smile on her face.

[4]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Satori’s lips curled into a grin as she commented on the “useful skill” of turning into water, and simply snickered.

“When it’s properly controlled it is at least,” he stated in bemusement, a lighthearted jab. He knew she was trying hard, and she’d made great strides since the “Jar Incident”, but it still amused him how when nervous or flustered she could still turn into a semi-liquid state. He was fairly sure she’d always be that way, it seemed an instinctual reaction--and frankly, it was cute, so it wasn’t that big a deal.

Her explanation on what she wanted to buy caused him to nod once in understanding. He’d honestly wanted to look into some more medical supplies, blood restoration pills among other things, antidotes and the like, but he didn’t have the fund. He didn’t have time to earn enough Ryo on his own and lacked the skill to sell items and weapons he created himself, unlike many Ryuutei.

It was the sacrifice he made by specializing in so many other forms of combat instead.

Glancing around as they neared the market, he nodded once in agreement on her comment regarding a snack. Chuckling softly with a grin. “You know I’m always hungry,” he responded with easily. Nearing the first store, kunai, blades and other armaments on sale outside he would pull open the door to the shop for her to enter first before following her in.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Riku huffed, her form wavering and taking on a blue-ish grey hue as her water transformation started. With a bit of focus, the genin was able to suppress it. Though she had gained more control over her ability, being caught off guard or particularly flustered still triggered a partial transformation.

“We don’t talk about the Jar Incident, not even indirectly,” the blue haired girl grumbled. Despite her pouting, Riku stayed firmly attached to Satori’s arm. Primly, Riku used her sleeve to wipe some stray moisture from her forehead.

They entered the weapons store without further incident, though Riku still occasionally twitched, drops of water appearing on her skin. Satori agreeing to get food with her after helped settle the female genin’s mood and softened the annoyed looks she tried to give him despite her best efforts.

Even the pretense of irritation fell away once they entered the store. Riku’s eyes darted between shelves and racks of weapons, glittering at all the potential new information she could gather. She looked like a kid in a candy store. Slipping free of Satori, Riku began to inspect the weapons nearest to her, scribbling descriptions, prices, and other info in a notebook that was suddenly in her hands.

[5]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Satori chuckled softly but nodded once. He knew that if she didn’t get used to it being mentioned she’d never actually progress and get past it. On the other hand, he also couldn’t push her too far along. So once they were inside, he let the subject drop and instead chuckled as she went at it with a fiery passion, as usual. Satori meanwhile went straight for what he was after; walking past the swords, shuriken, and senbon.

Instead halting at the wall of kunai, and grasped one by the handle. Carefully examining the different sizes, shapes, and designs. There were several options, some serrated, others balanced for throwing, and some designed clearly for hand to hand combat. What Satori needed them for was throwing however, weighted ends that he could use in combination with the wire or tags as required.

After picking two that he liked the feeling of, Satori grunted softly before turning and grasping a spool of steel wire next. Making certain it measured out properly, before turning with his small bundle of items to face Riku and arched a brow as he examined the collection of her own she had gathered up.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Riku remembered why she was in the shop in the first place when she came across the kunai. She flushed in embarrassment at how carried away she’d gotten. She put away her notebook and gathered some throwing weapons. Even if she wasn’t ready to handle poisoned weapons yet, she still needed to work on her weapons skill. She gathered some kunai, senbon, and shuriken as well.

When the blue haired genin turned around, Satori was already waiting for her with an armful of his own weaponry. Her eyes trailed over the kunai and ninja wire he had selected, filing the information away for later. She would have to add this to her notes on him.

“All good?” Riku asked, smiling. She was only buying a few weapons this time around, her mother and aunt had spared her some money to get supplies, but it wasn’t enough to go overboard. That could wait until she started taking missions. If she had her way, Riku would be able to save up enough to buy Tsughi practice equipment when she entered the Academy.

[6]

Last edited by Dysney on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Satori nodded once at her question, glancing at the items she’d gathered. All bladed, and designed for accuracy, also easily poisoned unlike shuriken he noted with an amused smile. Turning he pulled out the ryo needed, and moved over to the owner of the shops counter.

“Are you going to be practicing more Bukijutsu then? That’s quite the little arsenal you’re buying,” Satori stated with a slight smile. The last time they’d talked she’d been wanting to focus on her Ninjutsu to master her water form and techniques associated with it. She’d also offered the idea of medical techniques, poisons, and Genjutsu. But she hadn’t found her true focal point yet.

It seemed, by the looks of things, she’d discovered what was next on her list. Or at least close to what was next on it. Once the ryo was handed over, Satori placed the items in the cloth bag the man offered them both, offering her a hand to hold her own as well if she wished to let him before heading out the door.

Glancing around briefly at the other shops he glanced down at her, “Where to next? The chemist or the armorer?”

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm

“Having at least a little skill with bukijutsu will be important for what I want to do. I need a delivery method for my poisons.” If mastering everything was possible, Riku would do it. However, she had to hone a skill set that would keep her alive, so more practical training choices were a necessity. Being a genin would involve mostly grunt work, but it would also give her the opportunity to get a good set of base skills.

“I’m still interested in medicine and ninjutsu, though. Genjutsu might take a back seat for now.” The blue haired girl’s brow creased in thought.

Riku slid money over the counter for her items as well before depositing them into Satori’s bag. She smiled gratefully at his offer to carry everything.

“The armory. I’m curious to see what you pick out,” she decided, taking Satori’s hand easily as they left the shop.

[7]

Last edited by Dysney on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Satori nodded once at her explanation. It made sense, certainly she could make edges water techniques for her poisons, but applying it to a weapon meant it was more versatile. Similarly, it didn’t drain her chakra reserves, which weren’t nearly as high as his own were due to his bloodline. As she allowed him to, he carried the bags himself before glancing toward the armory as she made her selection. Nodding once and heading forward once more.

Idly bobbing and weaving through the other shoppers, Satori led the way until they came to a halt outside the shop. Briefly glancing over the different stands, before entering. What Satori was after was not quite armor, but instead miscellaneous equipment. Stepping forward toward the shelves he went past the leather armors and metal guards, instead finding the general equipment.

Here, he grasped a backpack, checkings it quality before grasping two holsters, and a hip pouch. Each time testing the leather and making certain it was to his liking, before nodding once in approval.

“There’s one other thing but,” he glanced at the counter and nodded once. The mask was behind the counter under lock and key, understandably so. Instead, he focused on Riku, curious if she wanted anything herself.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Riku followed Satori along, happy to let him guide her through the crowd while she people-watched. She blinked, surprised when they stopped outside the armorer's shop. The blue haired girl made a mental note to work on her situational awareness.

Riku followed Satori’s example and selected a holster and hip pouch to store her newly bought weapons. She didn’t buy a backpack, however. She planned to get a sealing scroll for bulkier items. Akemi would be able to help her craft it. Supporting the other boy’s skill set was better than buying from a shop, in her mind.

After she got the few items that interested her, the genin gave her head a small shake. “I’ve got everything I need. I’ll get more after we start taking missions. Onto the chemist?” Riku looked up at him.

[8]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Satori grinned softly, heading to the counter and motioning for the mask under the glass casing. After handing over the (substantial) amount of ryo, he accepted it carefully before purchasing the other items as well. Then moving over so Riku could buy her sparse items. With the items purchased, Satori nodded with a slight smile as the money was transferred over. Carefully sliding the rebreather over his mouth for a moment and testing it, before he nodded once more.

Confident it was set properly to his face he tucked it away into his new hip pouch and strapped the backpack, pouch, and holsters into place before sliding the kunai away into one holster and the thread into the other to keep things as untangled as possible. With that, he smiled at Riku’s request and nodded.

“Let’s go, that’s where I’ll be spending the next most ryo, most likely,” he chuckled dryly, before exiting the shop once she was settled as well. Leading the way once more as he glanced through the crowds, heading toward the chemist's shop that filled with the scent of medicines being cooked and toxins boiling.

Sliding open the door and stepping to the side so Riku could enter first, he followed thereafter.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:58 pm

When they reached the chemist’s shop, RIku stepped inside ahead of Satori, nose flaring slightly at all the smells that hit her. Some of them were identifiable, especially the herbs used to make medicinal creams. The various floral scents were punctuated by a distinctly antiseptic undertone.

Strings of dried herbs hung from the ceilings, a collection of jars and glass vials could be found on the wall opposite the door. Shelves lined with a variety of medical and chemical supplies filled most of the floor space. Riku was less enchanted by this store, having accompanied her mother here before. Instead, the blue haired girl made her way through the aisles methodically, picking out a medical kit, an ink brush, and an ink well. She gave some vials filled with oddly colored substances a longing look, but left them untouched.

Riku wandered until she found Satori again and peered at the supplies gathered in his arms. Her eyes narrowed slightly, lips drawing inward, but the expression disappeared shortly after and the female genin gave a nod of approval. Taji had taught her to scrutinize medical supplies and equipment and how to recognize good quality herbs.

[9]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:06 pm

As Riku skittered about to gather the items she personally desired, Satori chuckled and moved at a more casual pace. Gathering up his own, specifically gathering up a bag of military ration pills. Their chakra boosting benefits outweighed their drawbacks significantly in his opinion. As well as a standard medical kit that he placed within the hip pouch. The final point was to move toward the small corner that sold the scrolls, ink, and so forth to grasp three explosive tags.

Meeting Riku once she was done with her own purchases, Satori nodded his head once and moved forward along with her. Laughing deep in his chest at her glaring at what he'd purchased to make sure it was of solid quality. He understood the habit, but seeing her cute little face all scrunched up and analytical was completely out of character for her. Well, at least when she was around him.

Amused, he paid for the items and carefully tucked them away, applying them to their individual locations before straightening and smiling softly.

"That's everything for me. What about you?" he inquired curiously, glancing down at her with a tilted head.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:04 pm

Satori's laughter drew a warm flush to Riku's face, but she didn't start to liquefy. "I've got everything I need, too." She set her items on the counter as well and started to pull out the ryo to pay for it. The medical kit was costly, but contained a good deal of the items she would need for first-aid.

Once their items were all stowed away, the two genin left the shop to move onto the next part of this excursion: snacks.

"What do you want to eat?" Riku asked, interlacing her fingers with Satori's. There were several options being advertised by vendors not too far from the shops they'd been in. Yakitori, a variety of skewered meats, dango, and more were available, according to the vendors' hawking.

In the end, the two of them ended up with several different snacks, some on skewers others not, to enjoy as they walked home.

[10]

//Thread exit

Last edited by Dysney on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:09 pm

"Mm, Yakitori," he responded simply as his nose sniffed the air. No big surprise to anyone that knew Satori, if it was meat, generally the young man wanted it. Wandering forward his gaze slid to the side, smiling at her, she'd probably want something sweet. That was fine.

Stepping along afterward, holding Riku's hand in his own and several long sticks full of grilled meat in the other that he was eagerly eating away at, Satori was content. He'd gotten his equipment that he wanted to use to start out with, a snack, and he'd gotten to spend a bit of time unexpectedly with Riku. Walking toward her home he contemplated staying over a bit, he doubted the girl would care too much. Content with this idea, once they arrived at Riku's home he spent a few hours helping around the house and talking with Riku and her family.

After a bit of time had passed he moved on finally, heading back toward his own home within the Ryuutei compound as the sun began to set. He'd finally be ready to begin some actual missions now, and he was looking forward to such tremendously.

// Thread Exit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm