Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Head of State

Kyoji
    Kyoji

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton/ Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Taijutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: Ya boy is ballin

Head of State Empty Head of State

Post by Kyoji Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Kyoji was quite proud of himself. For better or worse, the missions laid out for him was very different for him. The process of training and trusting new shinobi when they came from the worst of places. His own clan was seen as only barbarians, mercenaries for higher. He wanted to change that stigma, only slightly. And use that for the better of the village instead. Gaining more shinobi on behalf of the village was decent change.

He was dressed in all black and had on a signature Jounin jacket. He was on his way through the Mizukage office building. Walking past the clerks desk he already knew his path and he was to be expected. Word had already gotten around that there was a lull in criminal activity. The leader of one of the most dangerous gangs, "Iron-Blood Kiro" had been assassinated. Actively destroying the leadership of his gang and left it in shambles. Kyoji had dismantled the criminal element in the village. Effectively saving the youth from more persecution. Not bad for a Hoshigaki. He thought of himself.

Kyoji walked into an empty Mizukage room. Takeo had stepped down due to personal reasons. The fight with Kid Cloud had lasting damage and he was inept at keeping his position. Naturally it would fall to Kyoji as he was the highest ranking shinobi in the village at the moment. The guards outside wore confusing looks and looked in the room. "I will be the Mizukage now." Kyoji said. Standing unopposed he would claim the position with the councils blessing.

Stamina: A++ (Senju)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: B > S (EGF)
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Head of State Empty Re: Head of State

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Shimiko would walk into the Mizukage's office after Kyoji had officially claimed the title. She was glad that his ascension had occurred without bloodshed. Normally she would relish a death match but Nariko would not like it if Kumo got involved in a bloody civil war. She had already disappointed the woman once and she had no intention of repeating past failures. If she could secure a mutual understanding with Kirigakure and alleviate the tension, then she would be doing her sensei proud. The blonde approached the shark man and shook his hand. She then took a step back and bowed respectfully.

"Congratulations Rokudaime Mizukage. Kumogakure is honored to recognize and acknowledge your lawful ascension to the position."

She flashed a genuine smile and would permit him the opportunity to engage in pleasantries and small-talk. They had much to discuss regarding the future of their villages but she didn't want to spoil the mood by jumping straight into geopolitical negotiations.

Character File

Post by Kyoji Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Kyoji would allow the ANBU Captain to enter with a wave of his hand. The guards stood aside and the lady from Kumo would enter and approach him. She congratulated him on his ascension to Mizukage. He had been planning to takeover but something even better happened. Takeo had stepped down and there was no need for a takeover. The council would approve of his ascension to the mantle unanimously. It all happened very quickly and he yet to settle down into the position.

"Thank you Lady Shimiko. It was needed with the pressing times ahead of us." He replied to the Kumo nin. "Now there are some pressing things that are now my concerns. Like your visit here in the first place."

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm

Shimiko nodded. Straight to business then... The blonde reiterated her position based on the understanding that they came to beforehand.

"I'll take you for your word that our Jounin was struck with a fit of madness. I'll collect his body and interview this alleged witness. If your story is corroborated by our findings then no harm, no foul. Whatever you may have collected from our Inazuma is yours to keep. Ken stays in our custody and awaits trial for crimes against humanity. Let's call it even, a Jounin for a Jounin. The Land of Demons will remain free and independent so that they have time to heal from his atrocities. Both nations will withdraw forces from its territory. Kiri and Kumo move forward with an eye towards cooperation and communication in the future. Sound good?"

Character File

Post by Kyoji Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:45 am

Kyoji listened intently. There was some deviations he would have to counter-propose however. "I can come to terms with most of what you propose. Although the matter of calling this, a 'Jounin for Jounin' act. Is not accurate. We did not seek your Jounin. He came to our doorstep. Had he been successful in his attempts, he would have killed the former Mizukage. We did not want to kill the boy but he persisted in trying to kill us. And why did he come here, we all asked the same question. This was why..." He reached into his pocket and brought out the letter the boy had on him. It had survived inside the envelope. He was allowed to read its content finally. He put the letter on his desk.

"Kumo sent him here. However he had been denied entry once before. The guards say they noticed him. Which means he was possibly angry about the denial and we will not hold that attack on Kumogakure. If it is to be believed or not is up to you all. I would start with asking the kunoichi this letter was meant for. Whom returned to Kumogakure safe and sound. This leaves the reason this all happened. Tetsudashi Ken. Takeo left him to do whatever he wanted. But I also do not agree with the crimes committed in the taking of the Land of Demons.

I admit he must stand trial. However he should be tried by the Kirigakure government, as he broke our laws. I'm not sure why he surrendered to Kumogakure. Though we would like him transferred to us. Then we will vacate the Land of Demons, but only when Ken is returned to us. He will stand trial for breaking our rules engagement. Trust goes along way, and Kumo could start first. How does that sound?"

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:14 pm

Oho!

The second the Mizukage hat touched his head, Sharky Shark Whalberg decided he had enough leverage to drive a harder bargain. All the same, Shimiko nodded and listened with the same courtesy and respect he had afforded her. Kyoji retrieved the letter and set it on his desk. So they know... Kirigakure had read the letter that the Cloudian was supposed to deliver. It was a message to Natsuru telling her (or rather pleading with her) to utilize her bow and take out the Cloudian. If they had the letter, then they'd have the accompanying scroll with the bow inside as well. Shimiko was not keen on letting them have that. It wasn't the most epic bow in the world, but it was a personal gift to a friend. If Kyoji knew what was in the letter then there was no use denying that Kumo had intended to capture Ken with or without the village's consent. He mentioned that the Cloudian had swung by before and had been turned away. This was news to Shimiko. She didn't recall reading a report about this, but it provided some interesting insight. It still didn't explain why he had gone postal against an entire village. She knew he was strong but she knew he wasn't strong enough to credibly pose a threat to the entirety of their military forces by himself.

Kyoji reiterated that he disagreed with Ken's actions but he insisted that the man should be tried in Kirigakure. Once Ken was delivered to Kiri only then would they feel comfortable exiting the Land of the Demons. Shimiko extended and retracted her fan a few times after he finished speaking. She was considering her next words carefully. The Raikage wanted peace with Kirigakure, but she also wanted to use Ken as an asset. She didn't want them to keep the Land of Demons but she was clearly not in the mood to fight over it. It was a complex set of objectives that required keen negotiating. Fortunately, Shimiko had a few years of experience in that field as an ANBU.

"Pardon my bluntness Lord Mizukage but I don't think Kiri has the will to prosecute a man like Ken. Ken sent an entire ship's worth of slaves to this village. Men, women, and children packed like sardines into a ship and sent abroad to be bought like animals...." She let the words sink in for dramatic effect. "He wouldn't have done this unless he genuinely believed that there are people in your government that would accept such a heinous gift. I recognize you are not responsible for his sins just as we are not responsible for Léï. However, given your government's reluctance to deal with Ken, and based on the information we've gathered, we cannot risk the possibility that he escapes justice. My counter-offer is this: Allow us to try Ken. We will punish him harshly but cutting off his hands. However, he will be permitted to live and once we have punished him, we will turn him over to your village. Kirigakure may continue to occupy the Land of Demons during his trial and up until we deliver him. I must insist that you permit Kumogakure to station shinobi in the Land of Demons so as to observe your Nin and ensure that no other human rights violations occur. Sound fair?"

Character File

Post by Kyoji Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:34 pm

"Actually bluntness is welcomed. As I must be blunt as well. Kumo is in absolutely no position to be making demands of Kiri. Kumo choose to involve itself in a war that did not concern them, across the sea itself. The first mistake was sneaking behind our backs to punish our ninja for breaking our own crimes. There is no world government. There are no rules in war. There is only respect for an enemy, which can be rescinded at will. You have no authority here, or anywhere except in your nation of course. What you all did was grounds for war. That's why you are here, to ease tensions. As you did not know of Lei's fate until you arrived.

My offer was very generous as we don't have to do anything. I just did not like the acquisition of the Demon village itself. The only reason I liked the idea. So no, I will not permit Kumogakure forces to stay in the Land of Demons. Rather you feel Ken will escape justice, should not be your concern. Not trusting our government after Kumogakure's recent moves against us, is insulting. This should be your only concern. He is our problem, and we will deal with him. Kumo is the one that seems untrustworthy. An agreement will solidify trust with a new Mizukage, and simmer the pot that's been stirring. My original offer stands. I will not entertain another. Return Ken to us, and will remove our forces. Then we shall return the people that was sent here, as they are not our slaves and we don't acknowledge such a thing."

It was strange for an ambassador to demand such things of another leader. However there needed to be some responsibility. The letter was damning proof of Kumogakure's meddling. Any leader of any village, would usually be up in arms about this sort of thing. And the reason Kyoji was not, was because Ken went with them willingly. He could not fathom why, as he was an extremely powerful ninja. The Mizukage wanted to see for himself as to reasoning behind his surrender. Possibly Takeo's doing.

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:55 pm

Shimiko was growing very irritated with this mutant. He refused to accept her reasonable counter-offer and stuck to his guns. He insisted that Kumo had no authority to go after Ken and that their botched operation would normally have been grounds for war. The man was absolutely insistent to the point where he had squandered what little liking the ANBU had for him. The woman pursed her lips and gave a small snort at his insinuation that Kumo should be concerned about the actions of their own madman. The little white-haired bastard had made her job nearly impossible. Kumo went from having the moral high ground to being on equal footing with a slave-trading village.

"You'd hold children in chains hostage until we release Ken?"

Shimiko looked the man in the eye. All of the pretenses of charm and likeability had evaporated from her face. She was deathly serious now. Nariko had told her to ease tensions, but the possibility that this man would truly keep slaves for his own was something that she could not ignore. The girl was letting her temper and religious fanaticism to cloud her judgment.

"Let's get one thing straight Lord Mizukage. Rape and slavery are jus cogens violations of international law. They infringe on the fundamental rights of mankind. Its an act so heinous that it was never even practiced during the Era of Warring States. You say Kumo has no authority to right these wrongs, but that's where you're incorrect. For it is written in the The Seikyōkai, in the Book of Massacres, Verses 15 through 17.....'From the Mountains to the Seas, Lord Jashin's law reigns supreme. His jurisdiction extends to every inch of the Earth and every corner of the cosmos.'"

Shimiko quoted the scripture verbatim. She had studied the Orthodoxy's sacred texts and could pull entire passages from memory. This negotiation was not only between nations now. It was a spiritual battle between the Defender of Faith and a nation of heathens.

"We didn't order the Inazuma to harm you or your Kage. Takeo refused to cooperate with us, so we conspired to remove Ken from the board ourselves. No one else needed to get hurt. If we took a more direct approach, Ken would be dead and we wouldn't be arguing over him right now. Kumogakure will continue to uphold the basic principles of human decency in this world and part of that means ensuring that justice is meted against rapists, slavers, and child-killers. Ken is going to be tried in Kumo, when we're done with him you can have him back. You will withdraw from the Land of Demons or accept Kumo peace-keeping forces in the region."

Shimiko stared down the shark man and projected her iron will onto him.

"Say Yes."

Character File

Post by Kyoji Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:45 pm

Kyoji leaned in with a determined look on his face. Shimiko was ignoring the key detail in her demands. "Who said they were in chains? I just said we do not acknowledge such things. How were you even aware there was a ship sent to Kirigakure in the first place? They were given a home and jobs to work. Your information is wrong. But I do not need to explain this any further."
    Then the kunoichi began to spout some religious text from a book about the strange religion practiced in Kumogakure. Something till this very moment he had never heard of.

"Shimiko. I do hope you know that apart from Kumogakure, Jashinism is banned. For you to spout this rhetoric that this is the reason why Kumo can intervene in another village is incredibly blind. We along with the rest of the world, do not answer to Jashin. As I said before, you have no authority here or anywhere except your nation. If you took a more direct approach, and managed to kill Ken. That would be war. Tread your next words carefully. My generous offer is now off the table. Now I demand you release Ken. And for compensation for not taking responsibility for the actions done by Kumogakure. I also demand and Exclusive two exclusive jutsus from the village of Kumo. One for conspiring and taking our ninja into capture. Two, for your continued insults after I asked you to trust me.

I will be in contact with your Raikage. To remind her not to send religious zealot for peace operations. More worried about her religions reach, then the villages cooperation. If the next words out of your mouth is not 'Yes that sounds good'.
    " Kyoji pointed to the door where the two guards were standing. "The door is right there. Then the Raikage will have to fix your mistake if she wishes peace." Kyoji was not amused with Shimi's tone. She seemed to be more interested in taking the moral high ground. But wouldn't fully accept Kumogakure's fault in this entire affair.

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Shimiko grew red in the face and her Chinoike blood boiled in her veins. Kyoji wasn't impressed or intimidated, instead, he opted to send her on her merry way. He insisted that Kumo was at fault and due to her religious affiliation he was revoking his earlier offer and now demanding compensation. He said he would speak to the Raikage about her and that she wasn't fit for a diplomatic mission. The only thing more pathetic than his denial of the spiritual authority of Jashin was his transparent lie about the slaves he was holding. He had supposedly given them houses and jobs, but that's what every slave master gives his slaves. Shimiko was willing to bet that they were not interested in staying in Kiri. They wanted to go home but the Mizukage was keeping them hostage.

Shimiko stood up suddenly, retracted her fan, and tucked it back in the thigh strap of her armour.

"You'll get nothing!" she announced. "And let me tell you something el-"

Shimiko stopped herself. It was clear the Rokudaime Mizukage had no intention of budging, and she swore on her honor as a ninja that she would not use force against him or his people. The blonde pursed her lips and cursed inwardly as she remembered her mission. Shimiko's goal had been to soothe relations but once more her lack of experience in diplomacy and hot-headedness had gotten in the way. She had allowed the spirit of Jashin to take ahold of her in that moment. It was a beautiful thing, but there was a time and place for everything. She had been eager to make him submit to her demands but now that he was a Kage, he felt he had enough leeway to really bargain for what he wanted. Nariko would not give him any exclusives and him demanding Ken would throw a wrench into their plans. Shimiko valued her honor but she valued her village's interests even more. She was tempted to cut him down and be done with it, but she also recognized that her twins were in Kiri and she couldn't do anything to endanger their lives.

There were many things she would like to say to Sharky Shark Whalberg but none of them would change the nature of the situation.

"Mizukage-sama" Shimiko raised an eyebrow and tilted her head. The "good day" being implied rather than spoken. The pig-tailed Jashinist bowed then turned and walked out of the room in an angry huff.

Exit

Character File

Post by Kyoji Wed May 01, 2019 4:05 pm

As he had expected. Shimiko did not take to his offer and adamantly voiced her displeasure. Kyoji said nothing as she held herself from saying more. She was angry, but her anger was misplaced. Kyoji had been willing work with her, as long they offered something in return for their transgressions. Alas that was not the case. She held her tongue and said, "Mizukage-sama." Then bowed to the Rokudaime. Kyoji nodded back and she stormed out of his office. Kyoji watched her leave and the two guards went back outside. "Now things get interesting."

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm