Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

The Path's of Fate [Private]

Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo:

The Path's of Fate [Private] Empty The Path's of Fate [Private]

Post by Short_Stack Tue May 07, 2019 5:36 am

It was a surprisingly short walk to the Clan's section of the villiage compared to what she was used to, and in that time there talks and discussion had touched on quiet a few subjects. Including Miyu 'wanting to know more about the Twins, the daily life of the church, and hearing about the stories Shimiko wished to share.

When they got to Midiori and her home she casually mentioned it and all within it were built by hand by her and Midiori. Shouting out for Midori she'd mention she brought over a guest. And with her social impairments it was a historic first.

When Midiori arrived she'd look her in the eyes and with as much Seriousness as she could, and hoping Midiori didn't comment just yet on her red, puffy eyes from crying earlier, nor the tear stains on Shimiko's leather would say, "Big Sis, us three need to have a very serious talk, in private please."

Skills:
    Bloodline, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Puppetry, Fuuin, Ijutsu

Stats:
    Strength: C (450) : C+ (Comfortable Living)
    Con: C (450)
    Stam: C (450) : B+ (Uzumaki Female) :
    Speed: D (150)
    Coord: C (450)
    Int: A (950)
    Perc: C (450)

T: (15/ 18)

_________

205 CP / -1 CP per Post (Long Sighted UA.)

Precog: 7 (tied to Empathy UA.)
    Katsumi Kurahasa
    Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 55,000

The Path's of Fate [Private] Empty Re: The Path's of Fate [Private]

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Midori had just finished her shower and gotten re-dressed, putting on her black outfit for the evening. A set of black combat boots, long black pants with green belts supporting her legs and attaching to her boots and hiding her butt a bit, and a sleeveless low-cut top that was strong and very supportive of her large chest but more comfortable than her compression bras. Seeing that she wasn't expecting anyone but Miyu, she didn't really care to bother with anything else, only taking the time to tie up her ever-dark green hair that looked like it was black unless they were in the light, and matched her eyes.

Moving into the kitchen area, she began to pull out the pots and pans for her famous Potato Soup when she heard Miyu's voice call for her. Considering the tone she was using, it seemed odd, so she stopped right away and moved to the front door, pulling it open and towering in the doorway. Standing just shy of six feet tall at 14 years old was unheard of, and part of her bloodline she was certain but couldn't confirm as well as being bound in muscle, Midori was an imposing figure for most, even amongst the Ryuutei. Those dark green eyes looked at Miyu and her swollen eyes, then scanned the other... guests, and nodded to Miyu, turning and allowing them inside.

The area they would come into was a large, open room surrounded by sliding doors, one of which was open to the kitchen, which Midori shut. Dinner would have to wait. She then moved to another one and pulled out a small table and some cushions to sit on, setting them in the middle of the room and waiting for everyone to be seated, standing at the head of the little table patiently. Once they were, she would sit down and wait for Miyu to introduce them and begin speaking about this 'serious business'.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Fri May 10, 2019 12:06 am

On the way there, Shimiko had shared some information about herself. She volunteered that not only did she know the twins, but that she was also their guardian. She spoke of how Miyu's own adoption story mirrored theirs. The two had spent so much time enjoying each other's company, that the walk to Midori's residence felt fairly short. Shimiko would allow Miyu to lead the way into the domicile. They were greeted by a tall woman, at least decently taller than Shimiko. Ah Midori.... the woman didn't appear super enthused to see them but Shimiko guessed that just might be her personality. For her part, Shimiko wore her signature red amour which had a leather-like quality to it. A pair of folded tessen were strapped to her hip and a series of Sai were secured to the back of her armor. They were arranged in three pairs positioned along her spinal column. The Chinoike was dressed for war, not because she wanted it, but because she was in a foreign village that wasn't particularly pleased about Kumo's actions of late. Despite her bellicose appearance, Shimiko was an absolute ray of sunshine. She sported a charming smile and bowed respectfully even before she sat.

"Shimiko Chinoike, Jounin of Kumogakure" she said, unwilling to take up space in Midori's home without stating her name.

She sat on the cushions provided and kept her hands visible. The group of shinobi she had brought with her, were camped outside, close enough to protect their charge but also far enough so not as to disturb the peace and tranquility of Midori's home and neighborhood. Midori had a distinctly serious look on her face and Shimiko realized she ought to break the tension a bit.

"You have a lovely home! Miyu told me that the two of you built this place. It's absolutely wonderful!"

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 am

Miyu had to admit that she admired, and felt a connection to the Jashinist Paladin. She had a lot of qualities similar to Midori. A strong drive to do what she felt was right, a deep inner strength, a drive to protect those she saw as hers. And much like with Midori, she felt a part of her heart claim Shimiko as special to her.

And with that came a complication she didn't consider. She never abandoned those that got that close to her. And depending on how the talk went, she would end up with one or the other. But maybe, just maybe it was time to get serious about her Fuuin studies and finish one of her most exciting experiments yet. That is, after this Shimiko didn't see her as not worth the burden of Miyu's flaws as she perceived them.

As they entered Miyu would tell Shimiko, "Don't worry on putting on aires here. Midori will respect you more for being yourself, and being honest. She might not agree with someone, but speak to her like you have with me, sincerely and honestly. And she'll respect them."

As they sat down Miyu would take a deep breath and start the conversation, "I ... We ... All of have a lot to talk about. But I want to break it into chunks, and we can build up to it ... because honestly, I want you to know the why, and the how. But in the end I'm unconditionally trusting you with what path my future takes. But first."

She got up and wrapped Midori in a hug, drawing that unconditional love, impenetrable inner strength, and feeling of safety from Midiori's embrace, "Now and forever, no matter what. I love you Midiori, more than words."

Turning to Shimiko she'd tell her with a serene smile, "She is my world, my home, the one thing that let's me know I exist. As for you?"

She'd walk over to her and wrap her in a hug similar to what she gave Midori. She felt like that deep inner resolve to protect, that feeling of strength of Jashin, the fiery passion fill her and reveled in it, "You are the only person I have hugged that fills me with this type of Spiritual Essence. It truly is a blessing that Jashin guided you to my path. And like Midori, in a short amount of time, you took up a space in my heart. You're more than family. And I love you too." Miyu's words were filled with utter sincerity and unconditional in their utterance.

Turning to Midori that same serene smile on her face as she went back on her pillow, "She's an answer to a prayer that I have been praying to for years. And I know you aren't religious, but you have to take into account I was born an Uzumaki. That clan is full of people who are Mediums and Spiritualists, who are attuned to Otherworldly and Spiritual Beings.

"I simply sense and see the world differently. But I value freedom and free will, and would never say that you have to agree with me or even think as I do. My limited mortal perceptions are my own, and it's simply what I feel.

"But either you didn't know it was that bad, or you simply weren't aware, and I never talked about it till now with you. There's a lot of things actually ... Most of them me not wanting to be a burden, some of them things no one should know, and a few just embarrassing. And don't have barring on this conversation.

"But I have a lot of darkness in me, and it scares me. It crushes at my soul daily, and I want to overcome it, but I can't do it alone. And she? Shimiko is the Wind that will let my soul soar. And let me over come this. So I can be a force of good in the world, and bring honor and pride to you. She put a name to the unnamed Spiritual Forces I feel, and her holy book unlike the other Faith's I looked at over the years aligns with the Ryuutei Culture in most areas. More than that, that force you fill and fulfill me with? It's the same as with doing Ryuutei Customs around the dead when I pray over them, and honor them our way. "

She had started things. Introduced them her way, and got enough of that presence to hopefully explain what darkness she had and explain herself before she could lose her grip on it.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Katsumi Kurahasa
    Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Sat May 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Midori had noticed the weaponry; her instincts told her that this woman was not to be trifled with, as people could not afford the quality of weapons and armor that this woman boasted without being relatively high on the food chain, So, she would do her best not to pick any fights with her... but she wouldn't hesitate if it came down to it even with a Jounin. She was certain she could stall long enough for reinforcements to arrive. Still, her body language was what was truly telling that she was trying not to be threatening; as someone who didn't speak all that much, she watched people and how they held themselves far more than simply words. An allied nation, however tentative, would be welcome for now, but if she was thinking Midori would lower her guard, she was dead wrong.

The introduction did earn her a nod of respect though; she at least knew the manners of a Warrior.

The compliment on her home fell on deaf ears; it was fluff, a way to breach the silence, and she was uninterested in filler, although she gave no indication that she had not heard it, but simply did not respond. Instead, she turned towards Miyu, who seemed to be the one who had orchestrated this entire ordeal.

Miyu had to admit that she admired, and felt a connection to the Jashinist Paladin. She had a lot of qualities similar to Midori. A strong drive to do what she felt was right, a deep inner strength, a drive to protect those she saw as hers. And much like with Midori, she felt a part of her heart claim Shimiko as special to her. She knew it was serious when she stated that she was essentially putting her future, and her path, in Midori's hands, and she shot a glance towards Shimiko for a moment, wondering what it was that the woman had put into Miyu's impressionable mind.

Midori reacted instinctively, wrapping her arms around Miyu and giving her a gentle squeeze as she always did. "And I love you, Little One." Her words, unlike earlier, had a decent amount of warmth to them, something that didn't happen outside of her family. But she was not ready for the shock of Miyu giving Shimiko the same hug, causing her eyes to open a fraction more than they were before in surprise. Miyu didn't do that with anyone aside the family she had been adopted into... who the hell was Shimiko, and what had she done? Before freaking out, she took a breath and decided she would hear her out before jumping to conclusions. The word 'Jashin' caused her to pause mentally, trying to remember. Knowing full well that Miyu would continue to speak and not take offense as she had long since gotten used to Midori and her habits, she stood and approached a section of wall, sliding the piece to the side and revealing a bookcase stacked from the floor to the ceiling. This was where Midori's journals were kept; her mind and memory were less than ideal, so she took a great deal of notes, especially when it was important. Pulling out a particular book, she returned to her seat and opened it and began flipping through the pages slowly.

Warning flags were flying left and right; to think that Miyu loved someone like family that she just met was alarming, but on that same note, it was also Miyu they were talking about. She was extremely spontaneous, but never had she done something like this. She would never say anything against the little girl finding a religion, as there was no problem with that inherently with her. Just because Midori herself didn't believe in that didn't mean she didn't understand the lure of it for some people, especially when they had a rough go with life. She gave the little girl a nod of understanding, still flipping pages in her book. She paused though when she said she felt like a burden, looking at her and narrowing her eyes and raised an eyebrow.

Miyu would know this look; Midori thought she was being silly again. She had never been a burden, not once. She had pulled her weight, helping in ways that the dark green haired teen could never fully express her gratitude for. Embarrassing and secretive? That was fine; everyone had their secrets. The talk of darkness within her made her eyebrow twitch, ever so slightly. Secrets indeed. She had never shown Miyu her own darkness, the beast that lurked within her and threatened to consume her every single day if she lost control. Nature Chakra was a dangerous thing.

To think that Miyu was dealing with something similar made her chest ache. Her gaze softened a bit, and she glanced towards Shimiko again, looking for a reaction to this revelation. But there was some information that needed to be brought to the surface, and Midori was never one for beating around the bush. "What is it you want to do?" she asked plainly, her expression seeming neutral, but her eyebrows pulled together just a tiny fraction, concern plain as day to someone who knew how to read what she was expressing.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon May 13, 2019 3:09 am

Miyu was quick to let Shimiko know that she should drop all pleasantries. This was unfortunate because she really wanted to develop a friendly rapport with Midori. It appeared that this young woman wasn't a fan of niceties and so Shimiko would respect that. She let the compliment die a lonely death as Miyu explained her dilemma. Miyu said that she loved Midori and that the woman was her world. Shimiko could understand and appreciate that. She felt no jealousy nor ill-will towards the guardian, and Shimiko hoped that the feeling was mutual. Miyu got up and hugged each of them. Shimiko wrapped her arms around Miyu and gave her a warm embrace.

"I love you as well Miyu, praise be to Jashin for bringing us together."

It was a sudden and strong spiritual connection that the two shared. Most would not understand it, and if Shimiko hadn't experienced the same thing with the twins, she herself would have considered it pure madness. The spirit of Lord Jashin worked in mysterious ways and his scriptures taught that he often forged bonds between strangers in order to further his divine mission. Shimiko silently prayed that Midori would understand the nature of this bond and give it the same respect as she would her own bond with the redhead.

Miyu confessed to Midori that she had been struggling with a darkness inside her. The girl opened up about how spiritually unfulfilled she was and how Shimiko had brought a light into her world that she had never known. Shimiko listened with concern and care, as she gingerly placed a hand on Miyu's shoulder to reassure her. It was not an easy thing to come out as a Jashinist, but the scriptures remarked that such a thing was often necessary. As the Defender of Faith, Shimiko had witnessed such revelations before and she had done her best to smooth things over with friends and family. She let them know that this would not be the end of their relationship with their loved one. Rather, it was an opportunity for their spiritual rebirth and renewal. Miyu spoke about the similarities between the Jashinist religion and the Ryuutei Clan way of life. Jashinism was an ancient religion, and many of its holy practices had found its way across the world. However, after the fall of the original Church, many of the practices changed and had become associated with different things. Shimiko believed that with the restoration of the Orthodoxy and its new position within Kumogakure, the time was now ripe for cultures and faiths across the world to re-discover the origins of their practices and convert to the religion that had produced it.

The look of concern and sympathy across Shimiko's face was genuine, but it was also a reaction to the micro-expressions she had picked up from her host. Miyu's guardian was on edge, and apart from the subtle nod that was offered when she entered her home, you would think Midori had no interest in hosting a Jashinist stranger. Shimiko could not blame the woman, but the way she reacted to Miyu's conversion made it clear that she wouldn't be thrilled with the proposal. Shimiko, therefore, took it upon herself to focus her emotional energy towards Miyu. Letting the concern and high hopes she had for the girl become obvious through her body language. Midori might be less suspicious of her if she made it clear that she had Miyu's best interests at heart. The woman stood, retrieved a book, and then sat back down. She read and listened but her vibe was that of suspicion and distrust. Shimiko hoped that Midori did not think she would be low enough to cast a Genjutsu or some other means of mind control on this beautiful cherub. The world was cruel and once more Shimiko knew that she could not blame her for thinking along those lines, but it still saddened her.

Midori cut to the chase and asked Shimiko bluntly what she wanted. The blonde looked her host in the eye and explained in a gentle and measured voice.

"Miyu, as I'm sure you know, is an absolute prodigy. I've studied Jashinism since I was a child and I've never seen anyone so fully read and comprehend its tenents as quickly as she. When she was reading it, I felt a stirring spiritual connection with her and I could feel the essence of our Lord Jashin telling me that what she has is a special gift. I want to nuture that gift Midori. With your blessing, I would like to take Miyu with me to Kumogakure. She will be able to fully spiritually progress and master the doctrine of the faith under the tutelage of our high priests whom we call Sacristans. St. Memori's Cathedral, which is where the Orthodox Church of Jashin is headquartered, is home to thousands of books on Jashinism. If you give the opportunity to instruct her in the faith using the full weight of the resources that the Church has, I'm confident that we can help Miyu overcome this darkness and bring a new light into her life. She would be staying with me and would be under my care and protection. Jashin willing she will eventually become a Sacristan and will be able to use the faith to better the lives of others. Of course, I would need your consent to take her with me...but more than just your consent I want your support. I know how much she means to you and I would never take her from you unless we were both in agreement that this is what is best for her."

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 am

OOC Note:
    Spoiler:

Miyu drew comfort from the contact as she talked to Midori about her struggles, and concerns. And being the one to help Midori train her mind, would know her going to get a book meant that she had something she was trying to remember something. < Remember something ... remember something. Oh! I can't believe it slipped my mind mind! I knew the book Shimiko let me read looked familiar. >

Using Chakra Strings, she quickly reached in with her backpack and withdrew it, using her Strings to hand Midiori the book, leaning against Shimiko, she have a sheepish grin, "Sorry, there was a lot going on and it completely slipped my mind, there was a lot going on and I didn't even have time to look at it, it took Midori opening her book for me to realize. Bit I guess Jashin guided it so Big Brother and her could have a copy in private to see the truth, rather than rumors and the Judgement of outsiders. Much like our clan has lots of Judgement from Outsiders
    "

As she was telling Midori of the similarities, she'd use her strings to gather paper and a pen on autopilot, writing down the page, and verse. As well as below them what law and custom they related to in the Ryuutei library.

At the end she saw the concern and worry etched on her face. Going from Shimiko, she gave Midori the biggest hug she could, sending all the love she could as Shikimo spoke about her innate gift. And after she was talking she'd clamber up the taller woman, using Tree Walking Jutsu to gain purchase as she did so often with the taller members of the Ryuutei, and looked her in her eyes. So she could see without a shadow of a doubt the honesty in her words.

"You will always be my home, my nest. But what I want most in the this world is to free you of the walls you have around your heart. The fear you carry for the well-being of others. I want to free you, and be there beside you always so you never have to worry about others or yourself ever again. You can be free to soar with me forever.

"But the me now? I'm too weak, I'm to impure, and drowning in my own darkness when it isn't turning it's fangs on those I precieve as harming my world."
    At that last piece she'd place her hand over Midori's heart. Letting her know who exactly she was talking about.

"You saved me, and now I want to save you, but I'm just not good enough. Heck the fact that we haven't trained together daily since I got my arm blown off and Big Brother grew me a new one, is odd. But I get it. But ... Shimiko has the Tools I need.

"And well ... honestly, I was so used to my freedom, that being kept in this city for my own protection is like caging a bird. I need time to stretch my wings from time to time, to hunt knowledge and culture that interests me, and consume it. I want to know and understand everything and everyone. No judgement, no hate, just a loving light that builds this world closer together, and saves it from the Evils of the world, with extreme thoroughness."

She'd send a string to Shimiko's suit and give a light tug beckoning her over and would hug them both, resting against them as she continued.

"But I also don't want to lose either of you too, I won't abandon anyone, and will find away to be there for all those that are my family. So the three paths I see, and regardless of the path, even if I have to find away to separate my Soul from my body temporarily. For moments at a time, I will find a way so neither of you are abandoned or forgotten. Neither will Big Brother, Riku-chan, or the Twins. I will be there for you both always. And you know me Midiori, I hate the word impossible. Everything is possible, you just need enough knowledge to make possiblities realities. As for the paths."

She'd notice by this time she was shaking and a dampness but she didn't know why, all she knew was she wasn't going to abandon or be abandoned. But she couldn't help but feel as if she was missing something.

"The first one, I stay here. You and Big Brother help me, and work me to the bone till I have the ability to make my greatest wish possible. I find away to be there with Shimiko as well, I mean my Soul Projection experiments are only in the idea phase, but Teleportation is a thing too. And I can spend my days split evenly with everyone, e noone but family needs to know.

"Two, let Shimi-Nee train me, focus me, build up my mind, body, and soul. Let her build me up to something that will be able to save you in all the bazzilion ways you saved me. Let me be your rock so you never have to live behind walls again. And let her show me knowledge, culture, and art that I will never see elsewhere. Like with the Ryuutei, let me witness the truth, and much like the Ryuutei, let me know them not as Outsiders do our Clan with fear and hate. But with pure eyes, unclouded. And you can come with. I want Big Brother and Riku-chan to come too, but there destiny is making Kirigakure better, and more pure. But you can fly with me. And when our wings grow tired we have a nest here to return to.

"Lastly, if you can't leave. Make sure I have a home to return to. That when I need to be free, I have you to return too. I can show you all the yummy food I ate, have fantastic tales of adventure to share. That I have people who know from the bottom of my heart, from the very depths of my soul. I would never do anything to betray them, or the things they care about. That my every thought, goal, and act is so they can be proud of me, and I can bring honor to them. And like with Shimi-Nee, I will find away to be with everyone. I won't ever abandon the things my heart loves. I'm incapable of letting any of you go.

"So there you go. What starting path do I take to make sure I'm not a danger to myself or the Village. To make me strong enough to make you free and be your rock like you are mine. What path will let me soar the longest and still be with everyone? And if you two know a different path, I'm open to suggestions.'

_____

OOC 2:
    Spoiler:

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Katsumi Kurahasa
    Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Thu May 16, 2019 2:49 am

Midori didn't let her emotions rule her; she couldn't.  She kept them behind a wall of tempered steel reinforced vault doors in her mind, only cracking them open for brief moments outside of combat, which is why when one expressed itself openly, aside her default rage, it was a relatively significant event.  Miyu would be used to this, but Shimiko would not, but that mattered little, although the larger woman did notice that not much, if anything, was escaping the woman's notice.  She was similar to Midori in that way; the little details could paint a much clearer picture if you took the time to notice them.

Midori could understand why Miyu impressed her with the reading skill that she possessed... she hungered for knowledge almost as strongly as the larger woman herself hungered for power and control, and her ability to read with such insane speed was not lost on her.  She wasn't using any suffixes with her name anymore, which meant the pleasantries and formal nonsense that usually accompanied these affairs were out the window, and Midori was thankful for it.  This topic was too important to get offended because you used the wrong damn suffix, and she would take this as an invitation to be blunt and honest with her own words as well.  To be fair, this wasn't anything against Shimiko herself; she was like this with just about anyone she didn't know directly.

Taking Miyu to Kumogakure didn't register a response.  Yes, Midori wasn't as ungodly intelligent like Satori was, but she was not stupid either, and connected the dots fairly easily.  She was at least being respectful and asking consent, but dear lord was this raising red flag after red flag in her mind as she took in the information and processed it.  She almost rose to anger once though, and it took a considerable amount of will to only let a small twitch of her brow escape her emotional gridlock as the words 'I know what she means to you' were muttered.  She didn't know anything about Midori aside the likely ample warnings that Miyu had given her... she knew that the little tyke wouldn't have spilled her secrets, her pain, to anyone.  She turned her attention to Miyu as she began to speak.

The green haired teen reciprocated the hug, giving Miyu a gentle squeeze and then didn't move as she clambered up to look her in the eyes.  The words that came out next was something very odd... talking about being free together... it didn't make any sense, and she waited expectantly for her to continue and hopefully it would fall into place.  She narrowed her eyes at the talk about the darkness and how it was coming out and turning the people who 'harmed' her into prey for the tiny alchemist, but now wasn't the time to chop her in the head.  The fact that her own guidance, love and teachings hadn't been enough for Miyu and she was looking for outside sources hurt more than she should have allowed it to; it wasn't that she needed more help than Midori could give, but that she hadn't come to her first so they could discuss a solution... and now they were looking into something that was illegal.  Silently, she put her finger on the part of the page that discussed how the Mizukage had declared Jashinism illegal in the country... harsh punishments for those who broke that law.

She wasn't hiding it, allowing both Miyu and Shimiko to see it.  "International Problem."  These two words would signify exactly what she was talking about, and with a look to her left, a large boa constrictor with a deep gold and black pattern on it's scales emerged from the bottom bookshelf, sliding across the floor to Miyu... and all it took was it staring into Midori's eyes before it slithered down and then out the door.  She knew she would need to explain.  "Getting Satori, Clan Head.  He will know better than I on laws."  She understood the way Miyu felt; she too got a little stir crazy sometimes, but never to the point where it became a problem.  The tall teen would just take on a mission that got her out of the village, go deal with it, come back, and the feeling was gone.  She didn't have any hatred towards Jashinism or Shimiko personally; she just didn't want to lose more family.  The options were laid out before her, and Midori sighed.

"I do not know.  I want you happy.  But this is bigger than us.  Let me think."  And that was the real truth of the matter; she didn't know if anything but the first option was even legal let alone a good idea.  She needed time to process it, and as much as the circumstance was a little less than optimal, but a few things needed to happen.  The first, Miyu's memory needed to be jogged.  Setting the smaller woman down, she stood, two books already on the table, one being the book of Jashin and the other being a log of the day she had first heard about it being declared illegal.  She motioned for Miyu to come closer, opening a different door and revealing a bookshelf with only a few select tomes within... and plucking one, she held it out to the smaller teen.

It was an accurate account of the day she had talked with Miyu about her own pain, her missing father, how her mother had been butchered before her eyes... all of it.  The reason this wasn't available for her to read before is because the emotion she had poured into it; it wasn't something she liked to show off, and she certainly wasn't going to let Shimiko read it.  Once she was done, she then put the book back and closed the shelf.  Turning to the kitchen, she silently grabbed three cups and a pot of tea, pouring a quite delicious cup of green tea for the three of them, and a fourth cup waiting for Satori to arrive.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am

It appeared Miyu and her family already had a copy of the Seikyōkai in their possession. Miyu had neglected to mention this, but Shimiko could understand. The book was very esoteric and perhaps as a side-effect of speed reading and the emotionally charged environment, she had forgotten that she had seen the book before. Shimiko was a bit concerned about that. Miyu was extremely passionate, just like she was, but the adopted Ryuutei needed to channel that passion so as not to have her memories or judgment clouded. Shimiko felt herself being tugged by Miyu into a group hug. She relented and wrapped her arms around the girl, before breaking contact and giving her the space she needed to communicate her thoughts. It was good that the Ryuutei Clan was well-read. It lessened the likelihood that they were an ignorant people that could not be reasoned with. If they read and understood the contents of the book, they'd be able to understand why Shimiko's sect of Jashinism was different from other expressions of the religion. It would provide context to her explanation as to why the Orthodoxy posed no threat to the Ryuutei Clan or Kirigakure. The controversy surrounding the religion was something Shimiko felt confident that she could allay, but the apprehension expressed by Midori at the thought of Miyu leaving would not be so easily cured.

Midori did not want anyone taking Miyu away from her. Shimiko could understand and empathize. She would probably feel the same way about the twins. Miyu had offered three distinct paths, and all of them sounded good to Shimiko. She obviously preferred the second and would not be opposed to taking Midori along. She doubted the woman would be an enthusiastic convert, but she figured that if she could at least win the woman's trust and respect, then they could help Miyu unlock her full potential as a team. In the process, Kirigakure and Kumogakure would be able to reconcile their differences as two of their most prominent clans would be in harmony. Shimiko could also work with Miyu via this Astral Projection Technique that she mentioned. The ability to develop such a jutsu was a testament to her skill and intellectual acumen. Shimiko could remotely instruct Miyu, and the two could regularly converse on spiritual matters, or, any other matter that needed attending to.

Of course, despite Miyu's emotional pleading, they had to deal with the reality of the current political situation. Midori was clearly the pragmatist between the two of them and she pointed to a line of text clearly indicating the illegality of Jashinism within Kirigakure. There was no debating it. The religion was outlawed and Shimiko had heard as much from the Mizukage himself. However, she was confident that if she was given a chance to explain why the Orthodox Church of Jashin was different from the interpretation widely practiced, then maybe she'd have a shot at changing that. Kumogakure had lifted its ban on the faith, but Shimiko knew that was partially because she had Nariko's ear. Changing the law in Kirigakure would be nearly impossible unless...

"I understand the legal and geopolitical implications of each of the three paths Miyu has mentioned. Jashinism is illegal in this country, but it doesn't need to be. I can explain how the Orthodoxy's interpretation of the faith is consistent with the laws and practices of this country. If you and your clan leader concur, then maybe the Ryuutei Clan can help me convince the Mizukage to see that truth."

From what Miyu had said, the Ryuutei were a powerful and proud people. If she could secure their trust and acceptance, it would go a long way towards mending Kumo's relationship with their longstanding rival.

Shimiko watched as a sneaky-creepy snake slithered from the bookshelf. The Jashinist was instantly on guard (not that she wasn't always on guard by virtue of being an ANBU in a foreign village) but it would now be openly visible to both Miyu and Midori. She wasn't especially fond of most animals, least of all snakes. Shiroi was a serpent-charmer and had used the creatures to hurt her friends. It was only natural that she felt uneasy around them. Shimiko kept her tactical awareness dialed to 11 as she analyzed Midori and the boa constrictor. The snake harmlessly left so as to summon Satori, the leader of the Ryuutei Clan. Shimiko appeared to relax a bit after it had left. She assumed that this might be a custom of the clan. This Satori person was probably who Miyu was referring to when she used the phrase "Big Brother". If their training sessions consisted of losing limbs then he had to have been a formidable man and an expert medic to fix it. Shimiko wasn't particularly disturbed by Miyu's revelation regarding her arm, as she had witnessed several hardcore spars amongst the Chinoike as well as acolytes of the Church. She was a woman of violence and gore when the situation called for it, but she had the sense to know the rest of the world was usually not like that. Whatever had happened so as to so grievously injure Miyu made her realize that this approach was not as uncommon as she might have once been inclined to believe.

Midori stated that she was uncertain. That was a start. There was hope in uncertainty. She said she wanted Miyu to be happy which meant that she recognized Jashinism's role in her life. That was a positive sign, but Shimiko could also tell that Midori was concerned about other things. The larger implications that threatened to swallow them all. She wouldn't want Miyu partaking in something that could get her arrested. Midori stood and retrieved another book. She gave it to Miyu then prepared and served some tea.

Shimiko wasn't sure what that was about, but whatever it was, it might explain why Midori was so stand-offish. Shimiko said nothing about it though. She was a guest and her host was being quite gracious. To call the Ryuutei Clan Leader to speak with her about Miyu's future was a sign that she understood the seriousness of the situation. She could have dismissed Shimiko altogether but she did not. Thus, the ever-chipper blonde would smile contently and express her thanks.

"Thank you, Midori. I do look forward to speaking with him on this matter."

The tall lady wasn't interested in long speeches. She was simple and to the point. The Chinoike would thus meet her at that level. She was curious if this Satori was the same.  For now, she'd wait for him to arrive and enjoy the tea prepared for her. She took the cup in both hands, inhaling the aroma deeply before taking a sip and setting it back on the table.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Miyu listened intently with Midiori pointing out the legal problems implicated with the religion and her needing to bring in Satori to have a better grasp of the situation. His calm, collected, level headed approach to just about everything is what made him such a skilled leader. And by the time Shimiko had finished talking about helping him see how her practices were different.

Two stacks of paper would make it too both of them, "These show major clan laws and customs. With book and page number. As well as sections of the Seikyōkai where they align ... honestly ... Jashinism being illegal makes me uncomfortable. But I'll wait for Big Brother to get here, he'll have a better grasp on the logistics of finding Spiritual Fulfillment in Clan Rituals and it's connection to the scriptures highlighted."

And that was the biggest rub, and a new fear to add to the collection. She felt a divine connection to Jashin-Sama, and that connection was deeply tied to the various parts of her clans culture and customs. If it was illegal, then so was her being in the clan. And if that were so ... What did that mean for her and the life she built with the most important thing in her life?

Taking a deep breath, she took solace in Midori's embrace as she told her she needed to think. Giving a silent nod, she allowed Midori the time to process when she was brought over and given a book leaning against Midiori she consumed it.

Then again, and again. A sense of desperation gripping her as what she read made no sense. She'd whimper with each repeated reading, and winced in pain at a truly killer migraine was building up behind her eyes.

This was one of Midori's Private Journals, detailing from her earlier years in the clan to some time after she and Miyu talked to Satori about getting her help.

But to her the memories weren't there ... < No that's not quite right. If this throbbing in my head is an indication they're there ... I just can't ... oh no, don't tell me I actually messed with that thought experiment?

In a hoarse voice she said, "Get one of your fastest snakes to guide me to my workshop. I did a very dumb thing, and I don't remember any of this. I might need Satori's help breaking a very haphazard Fuuin I was playing around with for researching memories. I think it back fired."

She'd rest against Midori while she got a snake friend, as her migraine eased. She squinted at Shimiko's general direction, "Sorry Shimi-Nee, I usually get these mind waves where I see how everything fits together, or insight into something. And I love experimenting too see what happens. It turns out, my experiments on the mind and memories had an unintended side effect.

"As for the Seikyōkai. The Twins handed that to me, but with everything that went on in the Marketplace, I never had a chance to read it, and it completely slipped my mind. Till I saw Midiori go look up a book."

When the snake arrived she wrote a quick note asking Satori not to leave before she got back. And headed off.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 253,660

Post by Satori Ryuutei Thu May 16, 2019 4:33 pm

"Lift your leg up more," Satori instructed firmly, "At the knee. If you don't raise it properly into the strike you lose the momentum, as such any power you gained from the movement!" His arms were crossed over his chest examining the trio of Ryuutei that were laying on the ground groaning. He'd made a promise to train them all diligently, to open up their minds to new training possibilities and growth and had stuck with that idea. Spars with them were constant, and thanks to his own medical knowledge he was able to be even more brutal than the Ryuutei training normally was.

Missing limbs and chunks torn from the body weren't unheard of at all, and that was fantastic at helping encourage them to pick up the information he was giving them as quickly as possible. Cracking his knuckles once his gaze flicked along the trio and shook his head, they were clearly in need of a break. "We're done, for now, get some water and take a breather, I have letters to send to Kyoji-san regarding our territory claim," with this he turned and moved toward his home before he blinked once as movement caught his eyes.

Feline crimson eyes focused on the movement briefly, before relaxing as he noticed that it was a snake. A familiar one at that. As soon as it knew he'd noticed it, it formed into a single loop before moving back toward the direction of Midori's home, causing his eyes to narrow slightly. It wasn't an emergency then, but it was important. Turning directions from his own home and instead heading toward Midori's, as he grew close he immediately caught an unfamiliar scent.

Eyes narrowing slightly, he moved toward the door before lifting a hand and knocking twice on it. Once opened he stepped inside and his gaze flicked quickly around the room. Taking in any possible threats quickly and efficiently despite his relaxed appearance. Once he was satisfied a few moments later that there was no immediate risks, he focused on Shimiko and then Midori. The young man wore a sleeveless black leather vest with fur lining the collar, the Ryuutei symbol engraved in it's back. A kirigakure headband on a blue cloth worn around his forehead held back the wild mane of black locks. Simple dark brown pants stopping at mid-shin ended the look. His feet and arms bare, exposing the razorlike claws and multitude of ivory piercings decorating his skin and face. His ninja pouches, holsters and backpack were all in their normal places. They didn't weigh enough for him to not wear them, just in case.

Blinking once at Midori before his gaze trailed toward the other woman for a few moments. Dressed for war and foreign, her description fit what Kyoji had told him as well. Kumogakure then. A village they didn't have very good relations with at the moment. Then again Kiri didn't have good relations with anyone it seemed, Takeo and this "Ken" had been worthless in his eyes, leaving them an utter mess to deal with diplomatically. He was still taking judge of the Hoshigaki, though he'd liked what he'd seen thus far.

Releasing a slow breath, Satori closed the door behind him, mentally noting that Miyu wasn't here as he would clasp his hands behind his back and smiled briefly to Midori before focusing on Shimiko with a single incline of his head. "It seems there's a guest in my clan's home. Satori Ryuutei, head of the Ryuutei clan and Chunin of Kirigakure," he informed her simply before waiting for whatever exactly this all was. Midori would likely cut straight to the point, that would help.

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Fri May 17, 2019 12:07 pm

Midori nodded towards Shimiko as she explained that she was understanding of the situation that they were all now involved in. Handled wrong, it could even lead to war over something seemingly as simple as someone wanting to practice a faith. Sure, they could probably keep it under wraps without too much trouble, but one slip, and it would dragon Miyu, Midori as her guardian, and even Satori and the Ryuutei as a clan, down a dark rabbit hole to which they would struggle to recover from. At worst, Miyu would wind up in prison or flee as a Missing Nin, and then her fate would be sealed and there would be nothing Midori could do.

She couldn’t let that happen, which is why Satori was needed to help navigate the problem. He was ungodly smart. If there was a way, he would find it.

Convincing people that Jashinism wasn’t illegal was a possibility, sure… but she didn’t know much about the faith outside the fact that it was illegal. She couldn’t eat it, fight it or learn from it to fight better, so it wasn’t something that was very high on her priority list. She was brought out of her thoughts though by a wimper from Miyu, and she turned her gaze down to the little girl leaning on her as she read and re-read the journal. Concerned, her eyebrows slowly pulled together, an expression she didn’t use often, the papers comparing Ryuutei to Jashinism forgotten for the moment.

Instantly upon the request, a small garden snake slithered into the room like a missile, wrapping around Miyu’s leg once to get her attention before darting back outside, Miyu in tow. Midori looked after her, concerned for a moment, and then took a deep breath and sighed. It made sense that she had done something silly with one of her experiments, but accidentally sealing her memories was a major mistake. If it had been sealing away something minor, a chop would be all the punishment… but Miyu seemed to be in pain, and that was concerning. It was a good thing Satori just walked in the door only a few moments later.

She gave him a nod as their eyes met, a gesture of respect and that things were, to an extent, under control for the moment. Gesturing towards the table, Midori poured his cup of tea, and waited for him to sit. “Miyu sealed memories maybe. Might need help. Back soon.” It was a simple enough explanation after all, and because he was here, she also placed the stack of papers Miyu had left behind next to his spot and the Jashin Bible next to that, and then put her journals away. The paperwork and what was on the table alone would be enough for him to begin to gain an understanding of what was going on, as well as the fact that Shimiko would probably be piping up to not only introduce herself but also to explain more of what was going on.

If Midori could avoid speaking, she would. Something that would never change.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon May 20, 2019 7:12 am

Miyu excused herself as she had accidentally afflicted herself with memory issues as a result of experimentation. Shimiko's concerns were confirmed as it appeared that Miyu had a habit of letting her curiosity get the better of her. She would need discipline and a steady hand to guide her so as not to venture too far into deep waters. Shimiko herself had often done the same except more along the lines of physical combat as opposed to Fuuin research. Shimiko smiled and nodded as Miyu left to sort out her conundrum. She had left some written work explaining the similarities between her clan tradition and the religion of Jashinism. Shimiko guessed that Satori would arrive before she came back and so Shimiko remained seated while occasionally sipping her tea.

The door opened and Satori entered. Shimiko turned to see a fairly tall and serious looking young man make his way inside. He was decorated in piercings and appeared to have claws on his fingertips. Satori formally introduced himself and Shimiko stood returning his polite incline of the head with one of her own.

"Shimiko Chinoike, Jounin of Kumogakure. It's a pleasure to meet you Satori." she gave him a sweet and genuine smile. She assumed that Midori's distaste for pleasantries and small-talk were shared by her kin. Considering this was a serious affair and Satori had probably been called away from something important to come here, Shimiko got straight to brass tax.

"I was here on a diplomatic mission to cool tensions between our villages. While looking around the city, I came into contact with Miyu Ryuutei and we spoke quite a bit. To get straight to the point, she was telling me that she was going through a spiritual crisis and I offered to help her. I introduced to her a spiritual way of life that has helped me immensely and we bonded over it. You see Satori, I am an Orthodox Jashinist and it is my duty to assist those in need of spiritual fulfillment. Your kin is immensely talented and she was able to read the entity of our sacred texts in mere minutes. Right then and there, Miyu and I realized that this was what she was searching her entire life for. There is more to be learned and I would love nothing more than to help grow her faith and guide her through her spiritual woes. Of course, there is a complication in all of this...."

Shimiko turned to Midori and looked at her as well.

"It is illegal to practice Jashinism in this country. With you and Midori's permission, I offered to take her to Kumogakure with me. She could learn the tenets of the faith at St. Memori's Cathedral. She would study under the most learned priests of Jashinism and I would protect her and watch over her. I would only do this if I had you and Midori's blessing. And of course, there is the matter of securing the permission of the Mizukage but if the two of you are on board I was hoping that you could help convince Kyoji-same that his is apropriate step to take. Jashinism has a poor reputation among many people but I can assure you that my sect has humanity's best interests in mind. Miyu has gone through both your clan's customs and our religious practices. She's noted the similarities between the two. I think this is a wonderful opportunity for her to learn and grow. It can bring our clans together and our villages together. But ultimately the choice is yours. I know both of you care for her deeply and I wouldn't want you to feel like you were going to lose her."

Shimiko gestured to the written comparisons between Jashinism and the Ryuute Clan way of life. She would give Satori a chance to examine them and make a determination. As she spoke, she sized him up. She could see why Miyu had called him "Big Brother". The man was quite large. It appeared that both he and Midori were from a people that valued physical dominance and sheer size.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Mon May 20, 2019 11:44 am

Miyu followed the snake she named Mr. Gardener to the workshop, keeping her eyes glued on the quick snake that was one of Midori's many little snake friends. As they reached her workshop, she bent down as her Chakra Strings brought a cage she kept with various reptiles and small animals to give to Midori's friends as treats when they stopped by and she was there.

Reaching in she grabbed a mouse by the tail, and offered it to him, "I know you can't really understand me, but thanks Mr. Gardener. Wait for me, I'll be done in a second ... and this time there will be no more secrets."

Tipping over her workbench in the center of the room, she worked on getting each of the three wooden blocks that it stood on, and leaving the other to where it belonged. It being just a normal block for balancing the table. Before going to the side of her room and getting a number of thin wooden sheets that had a sealing Fuuin hidden on the other side of them, with a series of numbers painted on the far, upper right corner.  

The three books were her last five, almost six years, of notes, thought experiments, diagrams, actual experimental jutsu that she either had yet to work on, or was in the process of polishing. Or in the case of the Black Book all of the horrors her mind had shown her. As was the curse with her boundless creativity. Her mind was able to see the connections and similarities between everything she ever read and let her unique thinking process see how it could be created. Every page tear stained, and the writing shaky, as if one could almost feel the raw pain it inflicted upon her soul to write the words, or draw the illustrations and diagrams.

But for every dozen or so things of uniqueness or beauty. There was one thing forced upon her conscious mind that would give her nightmares for weeks. And those evils of the world ended up in that book. The Book of Secrets was where the memory experiments where written. It was where she put down all of the things her mind processed and thought were interesting. But she was afraid of showing Satori or Midori. Either because they dealt with things that could be considered violations of the rules of Nature, Reality, or were simply something that if she failed, she would be too embarrassed that they knew she was trying it.

And the final book. Wasn't one of evil, or one of things she thought would be looked down upon. But rather just something akin to a private journal of experiments. The Book of the Weird full of "What if ...?"; "If I were to ... what would happen?"; "What would happen if ...?"; To simple esoteric and strange thought experiments, flights of whimsy given a scientific bent, thought exercises that allowed her mind to be as creative and adaptable as it was. It was, in other words. Fun, for the sake of having fun.

But it did show one thing. That she didn't just think outside the box. Her thinking wasn't even in the same nation as the factory the box was made in. A mind that simply didn't see the words impossible as a thing, didn't see "that can't be done" as in her vocabulary, and didn't have fear of the unknown. As much as an insatiable appetite to know, to dream, to grasp at what others would see as the unobtainable, merely to see what would happen.

As for the boards. The numbers tied book, and reference number. To scrolls sealed within them. A place for when she moved outside of research, to throw paint at the wall to see what would stick. With the opposite side of the scroll detailing what she learned and ways to polish it. That was for those she actually moved to the testing phase, rather than putting them down for later (which was sadly the case for most of the scrolls.)

Following Mr. Gardener back to the house she would get there just as Shimiko was finishing up talking to Satori. She set the wood planks down, and unsealed the ones detailing her experiments on the mind, as well as ones that would be connected to perceptions, and how the body processed chakra.

She would then unseal the books, and hand the Book of the Weird and the Black Book before Midori and Shimiko and tell them the basics of what they were, as she handed the necessary scrolls and Book of Secrets to Satori.

"No more secrets from each other. I see what me doing that has wrought and well. In this room is my secrets of the last almost six years. The good and the nightmare inducing ... and I'll need to appologise to Midori later for not telling her the truth." Dumping the scrolls by Satori she'd say, "There is a lot of important things to discuss, most important for me personally if I am still part of the clan feeling Spiritual fulfillment from the Clan Customs, and see the connections between what I have been doing and the Seikyōkai.

"But all that can wait. I need you to help me find what Fuuin scroll I used, and what part of the thought experiment I fucked up on. So you can break it. I accidentally sealed away memories! Like almost all between my Naming Ceremony till the Mission where I got my arm blown off."

She'd then open the book to a section detailing the spaces between thoughts, how even the fastest ninja had gaps between senses and the brain translating it. Before a highly detailed analysis of memories and all the errors the brain did with processing them.

Along with either source material or personal musings. Before it went into thoughts and ideas on how to play around with those erroneous systems. As well as how the various things might be used to help Midori with the darkness her Bloodline had inflicted upon her. Either by giving greater time to process when things went wrong, erasing the negative memories or personality traits from her conscious, give her enhanced mental control over all the pain she felt, etc.

Miyu would then show him all the scrolls she made on that subject. Each one flowing between a hatchet job of different seals and formulas that to a trained professional, which Miyu was not, would look unstable.  And moving up the scale to mind boggling, as in there was no way something like it should function. But all the base mechanics allowed it to do something, but not without a vast amount of unknown side effects.

"These are all the things I had been experimenting with on the subject, but since I don't have formal training ... well. I know just enough to force a working solution ... But no idea how to fix it, or if several of those built upon one another to make something new and more dangerously complex? Can you fix it?"

OOC: For the Black Book. Think basically Book of Vile Darkness and the Necronomicon. (Basically think evil and nightmare inducing beyond the knowledge of mortal kin. And McGuffin it to 11.)

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu

Post by Satori Ryuutei Thu May 23, 2019 4:11 pm

Satori glanced at Shimiko as she introduced herself, and explained the situation. It became clear why Midori was falling silent on the subject matter--this was out of her depth. Once Shimiko was done entirely, the tall young man released a long slow breath as he settled into his seat.

"Too much at once," he stated bluntly. His gaze making it clear he held no animosity toward the blonde, his tone was frank and calm. Rational to the core as always.

"But I'll wait until Miyu is here so we can do this properly. I'm sure she's got her own reasons as well, and there's no point repeating what I'm going to say," with this he intertwined his fingertips in his lap and waited patiently for what was to come. When Miyu finally returned, spouting off all manner of things from lost memories to secrets he didn't care about and put down scrolls and books, Satori simply waited for her to settle.

"First," he stated simply, lifting a finger on one hand. "I don't care what religion or faith you wish to study or follow. When I became the clan head I told you all that I supported open-mindedness and progress by learning from others. As long as you don't break the core Ryuutei beleifs--cause no unneeded suffering and waste nothing, respect life in all forms... I don't care what you do. You will always be family, and always be a Ryuutei." With this out of the way, handling the idea of the books and everything else he then shifted the topic to the next step.

"Next, when it comes to your memory, we'll deal with it later, in more detail. However..." Reaching up he placed a hand on her forehead. Chakra ink suddenly flowing from his hand to wrap around her head as his eyes closed. Using his scanning technique along with his knowledge to examine the seal itself, instead of what she had on her scrolls as something had clearly gone wrong anyway. Aside from the fact they were all in a complete chaotic mess.

"The short answer is yes, I can remove it," he stated simply as the ink seals faded while his hand slipped from her forehead. "Fairly easily. I need to sit you down and actually do this properly, however, so we'll do it later in private," with this he then trailed his eyes back toward Shimiko.

"Finally, I will be blunt. You've only known Miyu for a day from your wording. By the information regarding your arrival, it couldn't be more than a handful of days. You're a foreign ninja, I don't know you, Miyu barely knows you, and the religion in question is illegal. Frankly, you cannot be trusted with my family," his tone was not accusing, nor was he trying to step on her toes. He was simply stating facts.

"That said, I have no issue with you attempting to make your orthodox variant of Jashinism legal, as I said earlier. If it doesn't interfere with our core beliefs--I couldn't care less what anyone practices, no Ryuutei would." He glanced toward Miyu.

"If you wish to study it, then that is fine. Study whatever you like. Expand your horizons. Study every religion if it interests you. But I cannot allow you to officially join the church until it is legalized; I will not have you put in danger in any way." With these firm words, he then intertwined his finger and focused back on Shimi.

"If you wish to stop by on occasion and talk with her, send letters with her, teach her, then I have no issue at all with that. If you're here I will even ensure your own safety as long as you are amoung my clan, and help you talk with the Mizukage in regards to such visits. But she will not be going to Kumogakure until I am confident in her own mental stability, emotional strength, skillset, experience, and raw power. As well as your own trustworthiness. There are too many risks, and too many unknowns with too little trust and knowledge about what kind of person you are, and this church is. Hell, what kind of country Kumogakure really is." Satori's concern was as it always was: His people's safety. Miyu was family. He couldn't allow her to just wander off with some ninja she just met, just because she earned Miyu's trust.

Miyu was too unstable and inexperienced for that to hold sway. Releasing a slow breath with those responses covered, having made it clear that he was only saying no specifically for now. He didn't think that was such a harsh decision. Miyu may be a bit disappointed, but he had to look out for her. Because she sure as hell didn't know how to do that for herself.

"As far as helping you convinced the Mizukage to legalized your religion... I reference my previous statement. Words are pretty things. Ryuutei care little for them. Actions are what is important. You can give me your holy book and tell me your rules and scriptures, but I won't care about such details. If you can show me over time that the religion holds no harm to the common civilian, and does not break my clan's beliefs, I will have no problem helping you try to legalize it here on the condition you offer my clan safe refuge within Kumogakure in a worst-case scenario for us attempting to help you." The conditions had been made clear. As always, a middle ground and requirements. Diplomacy, and not blind agreements. Mentally he went over the checklist--there were still a few unchecked boxes. But none of them were major and many were connected to things he had already clarified.

Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Midori listened quietly as Shimiko explained her side of things, trying to be thorough. She was standing at the sink, and she could feel the eyes on her back as she set the dishes into the sink and grabbed the edges of the counter, trying to steady herself. She could feel her grip tighten, almost painfully so, as she talked about taking Miyu away. It didn’t matter what for… it wasn’t like the logical side of her mind didn’t understand what was going on. Something about this ‘faith’ made Miyu happy, and she wanted to pursue it… but it wasn’t allowed in this country, so Shimiko’s solution was to take her back to her own country where it was legal and where Miyu could be happy. Then why… why was there this gaping hole that was being ripped in her chest whenever she wanted to say that it was alright by her? She wanted Miyu to be happy right? Then why did it hurt so much.

The countertop cracked under the force of her grip as Shimiko said the words ‘lose her’. She didn’t dare turn around. The truth was she wanted to flee. To run away from this nightmare situation where feelings that she didn’t understand welled up and threatened to consume her. She wanted to fight. Clear her head. Cook for the entire clan. Anything. Everything she could to keep this pain from swallowing her whole. Hadn’t she lost enough family? Her mother, butchered in front of her eyes… her father, on his quest for vengeance, all but gone, possibly dead or worse, abandoning her.

Miyu had been the first family that Midori had gotten that hadn’t been chosen for her. Sure, she had Satori and Kiyoshi and the others, but that had been something that had been forced out of necessity. She wouldn’t change that for the world, and the bond she had with her family there was something that was unshakable, but Midori herself had brought Miyu, then Genkai, to the clan and claimed the tiny girl as her own family, making a conscious choice to raise and bring her up right. And after sharing her pain with her, something that she didn’t even do with Kiyoshi, but something exclusively only Satori and Miyu knew about…

But Miyu was still unhappy, and apparently, there wasn’t anything that Midori could do about it.

Just then, Miyu walked back in, and she stayed exactly where she was, unable to face her either, just gripping the broken countertop and using everything in her heart and soul to keep from bolting. She heard the talk about unsealing her memories, and while that made sense, that still didn’t change how the tall green haired woman was feeling inside. Once everyone was present again, Satori’s voice rang inside her ears, and she heard it even through the cloud of emotions and energy she could feel weighing in so heavily. When had she started absorbing Nature Chakra? She didn’t know, but at the moment, she was thankful for the distraction from the pain; fighting the urge not to try to kill everyone in this room out of blind rage was a welcome way to occupy her mind.

But as Satori spoke, what should have been relieving to hear instead bound her heart even further; now she felt not only was she holding Miyu back from something she wanted, something that would make her happy, but that she would be resented for it. The countertop shattered under her ever staggering emotionally charged grip, and her hands were bleeding, and still she didn’t turn… there was no way to deal with this, no way to win. No matter what happened, she would lose, point blank and simple. And that was when it hit her; the overwhelming pressure of despair and sadness. Shakily, she reached back, and slid the door to the kitchen closed, sealing herself away at least visibly; she could still hear everything plain as day… and would say something if she needed to, but it was obvious to anyone present she didn’t want to be seen right now.

Finally out of sight, she let the tears flow down her face.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat May 25, 2019 3:17 pm

Shimiko would take her seat just as Satori did his. He declined to speak further until Miyu returned and Shimiko nodded. She was anxious and nervous as to what he would say. The man was not moved in her speech by the slightest. It was understandable that as a Clan Leader he needed to be stoic in such situations. In truth, she envied his ability to stay calm and detached. On the other hand, she did believe that there was a strength in emotion and passion that often went untapped. Once Miyu had returned, Satori would begin his response.

The man was very open-minded when it came to Jashinism. The bare fact that it was illegal did not seem to bother him, but he would not have his ward run off with a stranger to practice it. Shimiko appreciated the fact that he was libertarian minded, but she was still upset that he refused to let Miyu come with her. She could understand his reasons but it didn't take the sting out of his words. She walked a higher path. It was her duty to grow the faith and protect it, not for her own vanity but for Jashin's glory. When burdened with such responsibility, why should she care for laws or traditions? From a spiritual standpoint, Shimiko wanted to claim supreme authority over a decision like this. But alas, she operated in a world that was not run by Jashinists. It made life frustrating but she understood that she had to operate within their parameters. Satori was not a believer but he was a reasonable man and his terms were more than fair.

Miyu could not come with her, but they would still be able to communicate. The redhead's astral projection idea was promising but failing that Shimiko could still write her and Satori would even allow visitation. As much as she wanted to show Miyu the cathedral, she knew that it was simply too much too soon. The Ryuutei did not know her and would not allow one of their own to live with a foreigner. Worse yet, with tensions as high as they were, there was Miyu's safety to consider. They were more than justified in being concerned about her leaving to stay in Shimiko's village, especially after Lei's attack.

CRACK!

The Chinoike's attention snapped in the direction of the kitchen. She had heard the sound of the countertop break from what she presumed was an act of frustration by Midori. The blonde remained calm, but she was a bit disturbed by the action. The worry disappeared from her face in short order when she remembered what she was asking. Miyu was to Midori what Yui & Yua were to her. If someone came into her home and had asked the same thing, a broken countertop would be the least of that stranger's concerns.

Eventually, Midori silently excused herself from the room. Shimiko was concerned but she knew better than to draw attention to the outburst. Only Miyu could suture that wound. She turned her attention to Satori and spoke with an earnest voice and an open heart.

"I understand Satori. I appreciate the opportunity to teach Miyu and I thank you for allowing us to remain in contact. I will respect your decision regarding taking Miyu to Kumogakure. While I disagree with it, I do understand your rationale....I really do. I'd be honored to demonstrate through action that the Orthodox Church of Jashin is a religion of goodness and virtue. I think there is a lot that we can accomplish together. I would love to have your help in legalizing Jashinism within the Isles...but more importantly, I think my role as a spiritual mentor to Miyu can be the foundation for a greater relationship between the Ryuutei and Chinoike. If there are any issues with Kiri as a result of our relationship, I'm certain that your people would be welcome in Kumogakure. Maybe one day after we have built a history of trust and friendship...I can take all of you with me to Kumo.....if only to visit and see the splendor of St. Memori's Cathedral..."

Shimiko would give Miyu as much time as she needed to attend to Midori. The woman was probably hurt that Miyu was in turmoil all this time yet hadn't opened up to her about it. It made Shimiko worried that there might be a similar issue with the twins. Sometimes the person closest to you was the very person you didn't want to burden with your deepest troubles. Shimiko was not in competition with Midori for Miyu's affection. She was there to help develop and support Miyu's growth as a Jashinist, in her mind, there was no risk of Midori losing Miyu as a family member. Once Miyu had finished consoling Midori, she'd turned to Miyu and speak her mind.

"I'm sorry Miyu-chan....it doesn't look like you'll be able to accompany me back to Kumogakure. Your clan leader has spoken and I will abide by his decision. With his blessing though, we will remain in contact and as you study the faith, I swear I will be with you every step of the way. You mentioned you had a way for us to stay in contact via astral projection....I like the idea but I will not allow you to endanger yourself. This memory sealing business sounds serious and if there is any risk that experimenting with this sort of fuuninjutsu could bring harm to you, I cannot in good conscience be a part of that. I'm sure Satori will agree. For now, letters and visits will suffice"

Shimiko gave Miyu a warm smile before getting up and enveloping her in a warm embrace.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 pm

Part of Miyu was overjoyed that the problem could be fixed easily. Knowing that her efforts to help Midori with something she had no memory of knowing. The pain of the memories trying to connect but not able too. Knowing that she willingly sacrificed, her most treasured part of herself, to help her. It was something she needed to know. Didn't change the fact that whatever had set her on this path would still send her to doing anything necessary to solve a problem. To succeed in a goal she had nothing she wasn't willing to do to seize victory, heck Midori's diary mentioned their talk not to long before her showing her cursed side where Miyu talked about her mentality.

Being fluid, and attacking a problem from all areas rather than head on; moment by moment, act by act, always change and adapt. Moving towards success. But, she needed to truly understand a problem to fix it. And it was clear that even after nearing 6 years, that she hadn't been given what was needed to truly help Midori. And knowing how obsessive she was on fixing a problem; had made no progress in the least.

She smiled at first, hearing that she was still family, and that it could be easily fixed. But sadly not all things in life could be easily fixed. She would have to wait for permission to go to kumogakure, but Shimiko being able to visit and their lines of communication could be open, made it know it wasn't the end.

But what really bothered her was Midori, even with memories gone, certain things were clear after her body living with someone for years. And she tried getting close to Midori to offer her comfort when her instincts yelled at her to back off, she would give a whisper that she hoped she could hear through whatever fog she found herself in, "I love you, and I told you already. I won't abandon anyone, or be abandoned."

With that she'd focus on Satori and Shimiko talking about the Orthodoxy before she heard the Counter break and Midori walk off. She gave a heated glare at the counter as her anger at Midori's pain hit her, but had no target to. But she heard Shimiko's words and focused at that for the moment instead. And reveling as the embrace blunted her emotions enough for her to think, before she spoke into Shimiko's abdomen,"Hmmhmm! Big Brother is fair, and sees the big picture. But I'm glad that I'll still be able to learn from you. Even if it is only by letter for now. As for the Fuuin ... I'm done with secrets, and if Big Brother is open too it. I could really use a Fuuin Expert to train me, and help me do things the right way this time. Or show me where I need to change things to be safer.

"Always adapt, and always change. It's the only way I'll truly grow ... and if you can. Thanks. For everything, you really were a catalyst that Jashin sent my way to set things in motion. To what end, like with all the other times I don't know. All I can do is have faith and hope things become better ... not fixed, not mended, but stronger than what it was before all of this."

She'd give a squeeze trying to emphasize all the gratitude she felt, "Thanks Shimi-nee, and until our paths are brought together again right?"

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun May 26, 2019 8:20 am

Midori's outburst earned her nothing more than a glance from Satori. He had been raised alongside the woman, he knew her traits and characteristics. He understood her mindset and why she felt cornered. But he also had made the situation far more relaxed now. Yes, she could be upset Miyu had kept secrets and was wanting to leave her. But he couldn't sympathize either. Midori had trauma due to abandonment, and thus had a much more potent reaction to such things. He could understand her, but he could not help her any more than anyone else on the matter.

It came down to Miyu and Midori to sort that out for themselves. But first there was the matter of Shimiko.

Satori examined Shimiko once as she responded to him, and when she finally settled back and seemed content he simply nodded once at her words. He was surprised, pleasantly so. He'd expected a far worse response from the information he'd been given on her, however slight. He'd already stated that actions spoke louder than words for him, but it was good to know she had enough of a logical head on her shoulders to realize her religion was not the end-all force of the world. Intertwining his fingertips as she commented on forging strong bonds with her own clan his brow arched.

He hadn't expected that, but he supposed as a high-ranking member of the clan she had the authority for such a statement. Perhaps even more so then as a Kumogakure Jounin, since she was not the Raikage. Bemused, but undeterred by this fact he simply smiled.

"I look forward to seeing that we can trust you, Shimiko," he responded with simply. "As far as Fuuin training," his gaze slid toward Miyu and he arched a brow. "You need only ask anytime you need any sort of training from me, Miyu. That has never changed and never will. All of you are welcome to learn anything you want from me that I can offer, only some of the forbidden techniques and knowledge I have is off-limits for safety reasons." As he explained this he smiled briefly, before he slowly pushed himself out of the chair.

"Shimiko, I'm aware this time you're on a time constraint, but next time you come by please let me know ahead of time. I'll have a temporary home set up for you and pull you aside to make certain you understand our teachings to avoid any unnecessary insults or awkwardness from either side due to cultural misunderstandings. Miyu will explain much in the meantime, I'm certain. I hope our next meeting is with much less political backwash causing strains." With this, he would bow his head to those gathered, before shifting his gaze to Miyu for a moment.

"Once Shimiko has left, please come by my home Miyu. I'll remove the seal safely for you, and we can begin work on the possibility of a safe mental link for you both." With this final statement, Satori would turn and exit the room. He was no longer required here, and if Shimiko needed anything extra he had little doubt she'd be able to locate him. Midori he left to Miyu. After they had talked he would talk with them as well, but there had to be steps to this little situation of theirs.

// Thread Exit.

Last edited by Satori Ryuutei on Fri May 31, 2019 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue May 28, 2019 11:44 pm

Shimiko hugged Miyu knowing that this would be the last time they would see each other in the flesh for at least some time. She would try to come back to Kiri at the earliest opportunity, but with how tensions were, she wasn't sure when that would be. Satori agreed to help Miyu work on her Fuuninjutsu so that they could have a safe and efficient means of communication. Ever since her battle with Nozomi, Shimiko herself had been learning about Fuuinjutsu. The Jinchurikki had beaten her using the power of a Tailed Beast, and if she could find a way to unravel that seal then she'd be on equal footing with the woman. She wasn't at the point where she felt comfortable pitching in but perhaps, later on, she could provide support or guidance in that field.

"We'll see each other soon Miyu-chan. I promise. You don't have to go it alone. We're all here to help you."

Shimiko felt the extra squeeze and gave her new student a kiss on the top of the head. She then stood and prepared to take her leave. Miyu would be staying in Kiri for the time being but they'd stay in contact. Shimiko had left the Mizukage's Office in a murderous rage, but by the grace of Jashin, she would be leaving this home with peace and tranquility in her heart. Satori asked that she notify him in advance so that he could have time to set her up with her own living quarters. He also agreed to provide lessons on their culture so as to avoid any adverse incidents. He bid her farewell and expressed hope that their next meeting would not be amidst such strong political tensions.

"I hope so as well Satori. Thank you so much for your time today. I'm certain we'll be seeing more of each other in the near future"

Shimiko would look around for Midori before leaving. She knew the girl was still in another room but she didn't want to leave without saying goodbye. Satori would have already gone by this point, thus only Shimiko and Miyu were left in the room. Shimiko would give her host a moment to come out, but if she didn't she'd merely sigh and head for the door. Before leaving she'd turn to Miyu and whisper:

"Midori needs you just as much as you need her. Be there for her. Let her know that you'll always be in her life. Tell her I said thanks for hosting me.."

If she were in Midori's shoes and the twins' in Miyu's, that's how she'd want things to go. Shimiko knew that Miyu cared deeply for Midori and she was also certain that Midori knew the same. However, in such instances, reassurances made all the difference in the world. The Chinoike bowed politely and then exited the residence. The woman's ANBU silently followed her out of the neighborhood.

Exit

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Wed May 29, 2019 12:43 am

Miyu felt a surge of warmth from the sisterly kiss from Shimiko, and as she left and gave her parting words Miyu gave an honest smile, even if it was colored with the sadness of knowing Midori was suffering, "Thanks Shimi-nee, and I will."

As Shimiko left, Miyu walked to the room where Midori went to, slowly opening the door she leaned against the frame and sighed, "Before I say anything else ... Shimi-nee says thank you for hosting her, and told me to let you know how much I love you. And that no matter what I will always be a part of your life. But, you are my everything Midori. I love you with all my little heart. You're my world, and so many countless little things, I could never put them into words.

"Knowing I hurt you, makes me want to kill myself, or at least punish severely ... but all the poisons I know how to make couldn't hurt me as much as knowing I caused you pain. I ... I ..."

Miyu slumpt to the floor and stared at the floor, "We need to talk. A big one ... but, I need to know whether to go to Satori's to know how much damage I need to inflict on myself to make amends, or if ... just ... I love you. You are literally my everything. Almost my every thought is of you, and if you saw what was in the book I showed Satori. You'd see how desperate I am to finding something to fix things. Hell me wanting to go, was mostly because I'm an evil, twisted monster, with almost no redeemable qualities that can't even save the one she loves the most. I ... I needed to fix that part of me, cause finding a solution through divine powers ... It's the very last option available to me. Fuck I know that if what I read was true, if what I saw in your diary was what happened. Then these last few years, you never trusted me enough to shoulder that burden alongside you. And I know me. Seeing you suffer, even if there was a "might happen in the future" solution, it doesn't help you now. It doesn't stop the you, in the here and now, not suffer.

"And there's nothing I won't sacrifice, nothing I won't cut out of me, won't crush into oblivion, won't do. Just to be able to help save you in the here and now. But I failed. So tell me Midori, what do I do? What do we go from here? If I can't fix what I did, if my death will be the only thing to rectify me in your eyes. Let me know, I'm sure you knew the me before all the time we spent together, to know just how readily I'd do it."

Miyu's eyes would be filled with tears of shame, anger, and pain as she silently wept. Not knowing how to fix things, but willing to do whatever it took.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Katsumi Kurahasa
    Katsumi Kurahasa

Character File

Post by Katsumi Kurahasa Fri May 31, 2019 6:43 pm

Midori heard everything, and knew that it was just the pair of them in the house now; she didn’t have anything against Shimiko in particular, but instead her rage and tears were at the situation.  Part of her was, and rightfully so, angry with Miyu for not only experimenting with something that wound up locking away a part of her mind, but also for breaking her promise.  Not only did Midori know nothing of the experiments regarding the Fuuinjutsu, but ignorance was not an excuse for keeping secrets like this.  They had worked together on these exact issues for years, but they had always worked together, never keeping anything from one another, and they were better for it.

She didn’t respond about what she had already heard regarding the Jounin thanking her.  The other parts, in light of the betrayal she was feeling, seemed hollow and empty.  While she still had her back turned, sitting on the floor with her knees tucked into her chest, Miyu wouldn’t be able to see Midori’s jaw clench as she spoke about hurting herself, killing herself.  A talk wasn’t going to cut it.  Making amends by hurting herself though?  Midori could feel the rage building up as she continued to speak… she wanted to know what she could do to make amends, and Midori blurred as she finally moved, pushing off and twisting in one movement, grabbing Miyu by the neck and pinning her against the door frame with a single arm, Miyu’s feet dangling in the air.

While she was holding the comparatively tiny woman firmly, she was not choking her.

“I HAVE TOLD YOU EVERYTHING!  I HAVE shared the burden with you, and I have done the same for you!  And if you truly do not wish me harm, you do not harm yourself!  You do not seal away the parts of our lives together!  You do not accuse me of not upholding a promise that you can’t even Remember!!  You do not ask to leave me to a place that I cannot follow without so much as a conversation!!”  She was trembling as she let the woman go, letting her slide down the frame, tears of sadness and fear streaming down her cheeks in a constant flow.  “Go to Satori… before I truly lose myself to this rage and do something that would make me want to harm myself.”  But her tone was defeated… absolutely spent.  Emotionally, Midori had never been all that expressive, and this was just something that she couldn’t contain.

Midori walked out of the house without another word, and towards the training grounds that had the forest with the bears and other such hostile creatures.  She needed to kill something.

//EXIT

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri May 31, 2019 8:48 pm

Miyu dangled in Midori's grasp. She heard her words and felt her shame and anger at herself deepen. And knew that she had truly fucked up as Midori let her go. As Midori walked out trembling and her pain and sorrow rolling off her in waves that made Miyu sick to her stomach.

Miyu stayed there slumped onto the floor, looking at where Midori left. And the pain she felt stabbed her like a knife to the heart. She wanted, needed to make things right. But how they were now, she doubted anything she could do could make it right. slowly getting up she trudged to the door and took a look upon what was their home. And before she left, she left a small note stuck to their door, that simply read, Love you always, I'm sorry.

And with that, would trudge out the door and to whatever fate would have in store for her future.

//Exit.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am