Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Crushing the Clown [Private]

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 253,660

Crushing the Clown [Private] Empty Crushing the Clown [Private]

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 3:43 pm

Mission Name: Wipe that smile
    Mission Type: Education
    Mission Rank: C
    Mission Goal: Teach the class clown some discipline
    Description: One of the academy's most promising students, far beyond the level of his peers, sadly also is the academy's class clown, always acting foolish and pranking people without any regard for the rules. Teach this kid some manners and show him what a true shinobi is.
    Payment: 15,000 ryo
    Requirements: Chuunin

Satori examined the scroll he'd been given quietly. The idea of someone holding tremendous talent abusing it to be the clown and just goof off was… annoying, to say the least. He’d been blessed with little talent, the opposite in fact within his clan, and outside it, he’d only ever had his bloodline to separate him from the pack. Only his dedication had pushed him to the next level beyond his peers until he’d begun outpacing them outright.

Misuse of talent was an incredibly disrespectful thing to those without. He had no issue correcting such behavior, but he’d also offered the idea of wanting to continue help Riku get a firmer grasp on missions. This would be an interesting step out of their usual efforts.

So, he’d asked her to meet him outside the Academy around the morning before classes began. It was odd, being back at the Academy with her now after so much had happened. Bemused he glanced toward the horizon as the small shadow and familiar bobbing blue head caught his eyes, a slight smile forming on his lips as he lifted a hand in greeting.

“Riku-Chan,” he called idly.

Riku

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Chemistry, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 113,150

Crushing the Clown [Private] Empty Re: Crushing the Clown [Private]

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 3:47 pm

"Saa-kun," she greeted him in return, smiling.

She approached Satori and gave one of his hands an affectionate squeeze. The short woman looked around to see if anyone was watching before standing on her toes to request a forehead nuzzle, their typical greeting and way of showing affection.

Once settled back on her feet, Riku was back to business. "Are we helping train Academy students?" she inquired curiously, head tilting to one side a bit. Her hands settled behind her back, clasped, and the sleeves of her sunflower-colored yukata covered them. Satori had been supervising her on C-rank missions lately to help her get ready for more difficult tasks. Training Academy kids was a likely option here because it would be good practice for leadership skills she would need to advance.

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 3:49 pm

As Riku leaned up, Satori smiled softly and lowered his upper body. Touching his forehead gently to her own and nuzzling against her gently, nose brushing her own before he straightened and glanced down to her at her question and slowly lifted his shoulders.

“Sort of,” he stated with a soft chuckle. “There’s a talented kid in this batch… he’s not taking it seriously. Causing problems for the other students and the teachers. Likely thinks he’s got a clean shot at rising in the ranks quickly just because he’s talented. Kid’s about nine but he’s got the skills of an advanced Genin already.” That was all well and good--but he and Riku had been the same way.

Granted, via training and not just natural talent, but the point stood. He needed a reality check. The world wasn’t so simple as to allow talent to just push you magically through the rankings.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 3:50 pm

"Ah," the blue-haired genin inclined her head to show understanding. She didn't like people who went out of their way to cause trouble for others because they felt superior. This kid needed to be redirected not only for the sake of his classmate's educations but also to avoid getting himself and others killed later down the line.

"Should we scare him?" Riku inquired.

Deflating this kid's ego could humble him, but it could also make him resentful. The blue-haired young woman didn't want to harden this student against their advice by taking the wrong approach off the bat.

Her head turned at the sound of footsteps. Their student approached. He was skinny, tall for his age, and had dark blond hair. The boy walked with a bit of a slouch and gave both of them an annoyed look.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Riku gave a minimal bow, "Satori and I will be working with you today on your attitude towards your training. We look forward to working together." The introduction was formal and nearly stiff, but Riku looked the student straight in the eye and didn't waiver. She was awkward, but not intimidated.

The boy scoffed at them. "What do you know? You're just genin. I'm already stronger than you."

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself?" Riku asked, one blue brow arched questioningly. Her arms folded in front of her.

"Why should I?" the brat sneered. He was worse than Tsughi on a bad day.

"In that case, you can be gaki-san," she held up a hand when he tried to protest, "ah, but you've already been given a chance to tell us how to call you. We chose for you due to your inability to tell us yourself." Her tone had taken on a more stern quality, something rarely heard from the short woman.

"No matter how well you do in class, you haven't become a genin yet. Nothing is promised. You shouldn't act superior without proving it. Even if you're more skilled, you still won't go far if you behave poorly. We have already proven we are capable of advancing as ninja, but you, what have you done?"

The brat spluttered angrily at Riku's chastisement. "I'm stronger and smarter than all my classmates! I'm the top of my class."

The blue-haired genin merely watched him, as if waiting for an actual explanation. The unconvinced expression on her face seemed to rile him up even more.

"I'll fight him and prove I'm stronger than both of you!" the blond boy shouted, pointing towards Satori.

Riku's lips tightened, as if she were frustrated. However, anyone who knew her would realize she was trying not to laugh. This was reminiscent of one of Tsughi's temper tantrums from when her sister was five.

[2]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 3:51 pm

Satori watched the back and forth with a bemused expression on his face, arching a brow as Riku knocked him down several pegs and reduced the boy to a bumbling mess quite quickly. A common trait among children that had the world on a silver platter. When they were confronted with real stress and social situations that they weren’t familiar with, they fumbled.

“What, that’s all it took to reduce you to that state?” Satori stated in bemusement even as the boy's finger jabbed in his direction, looking quite unconcerned as he fell to sit idly on his heels, still taller than the boy by a few sparse inches. He could point out he was a chuunin, but frankly, there was no need.

“Yosh,” Satori stated with a yawn, “Gaki-kun, I’m not in the business of crushing small children’s faces into the ground, and you’d just make some excuse if we did like “you just have talent too” or “you’re older, of course, you’re stronger” even though you were just bragging a moment ago. So, how about this instead. Let’s play a little betting game.” The boy was completely off-guard. He didn’t know how to deal with the whiplash of Riku’s harsh, to the point and distant attitude chopping into him. Only to then be confronted by the laid-back Satori whom was treating him like he was several years younger than he actually was.

“W-what, bet? What’re you…”

Satori lifted a finger up. “I’ll take the weakest kid in your class, and give him a few pointers. Thirty minutes of training with him. After that, you’ll spar. If the weakest kid wins, you have to be a good boy and apologize to your teacher and class, and then you’ll come talk with us properly with respect. If you win, we’ll leave, and I’ll even put in a good word for you to skip a few classes. How about that?” A relaxed smile formed on Satori’s lips as he rested his chin in his palm.

Riku had asked if there was a point in scaring the boy--but there was no reason to go that far. He needed a simple lesson in humility. Nothing more. As well, this would offer a proper lesson as well if he could get past his big ass head enough to see it.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 3:53 pm

The genin relaxed as Satori took over and used his flustered state to take control of the situation. Riku's method of getting through to hard-headed children was tailored more specifically to her younger sister, so this had forced her to stretch the application of the strategies she already knew. The bet would show the kid that he still had a lot to learn without running the risk of pushing him too far.

Gaki straightened up and tried to recover his pride, planting his hands on his hips. "Alright, I'll accept your terms and I'll show you I'm better," he declared smugly. He was clearly agitated by the patronizing tone Satori used and had fallen right into the trap the chunin set as a result.

Riku's eyes brightened and she smiled mirthfully. "Alright, then Gaki-san, go and get the weakest student in your class. You can choose. There will be no way for you to say it was unfair when you lose."

"I'll show you!" Gaki turned on his heel and left.

Once he had gone inside, Riku giggled a bit behind one sleeve. "It's like Tsughi's temper tantrums all over again." She smoothed her expression afterwards.

A few minutes later, Gaki returned with a redheaded girl. She was several inches shorter than Riku's modest height, but had a sturdier build than the genin. Gray eyes peered at the two fully fledged ninja from beneath a roughly cut fringe.

"This is Nezumi," Gaki said, "good luck with her." He turned and began to walk back to the building.

"Pleased to meet you," Riku told the girl, bowing her head a bit. "I'm Riku and this is Satori. We're going to give you a bit of help with your training. Afterwards you'll test your new skills against Gaki-san."

Nezumi looked up, surprised at the rude nickname. "You mean Jiro-san?"

"So that's his name," Riku muttered.

[3]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 3:54 pm

Satori smiled as “Gaki” stormed off and glanced down at Riku as she giggled and a wide grin formed on his lips. Leaning down and nuzzling her once to remind her to keep a straight face, at least for now, bemused at her giggling.

Once the redhead was brought up to them, Satori fell to sit on his haunches once more as Jira left once more. Smiling as she looked up at them both.

“Pleasure to meet you Nezumi-chan. Are you by chance an Uzumaki?” His head tilted to the side, and the young girls head nodded a few times, eyes wide at the large feral man before her. When he smiled, she blinked a few times and slowly relaxed.

“I bet you get bullied alot, huh?” The question was rhetorical, but her eyes slowly lowered, downcast, making it clear he was correct. She was built sturdy. It wasn’t attractive for girls by many peoples eyes. Atop that she had odd, red hair, and was a stranger to Kirigakure since the Uzumaki were only recently taken into the village and she had likely been raised in the Whirlpool village for much of her life.

Overall a perfect target for many. Especially people like Jiro. Satori clapped his hands together and grinned.

“Alright Nezumi-chan. I’m going to tell you how to beat Gaki-kun. How does that sound?” He inquired, causing her eyes to widen even further as they shot back up to look at him.

“M-me? Beat Jiro-san? I-i can’t do something like th-that!” The stutter caused a smile to form as he tilted his head. His tone was without hesitation or teasing, and the girl didn’t know how to deal with that.

“Why?” He inquired simply, and the question caused her jaw to open slowly, but there was no response.

“Because he’s talented? Handsome? Quick on the uptake? Smart? Gifted at anything he touches, and you fumble with almost everything, you can’t seem to do anything right, you’re average at most things and bad at the rest?” The words caused the girls eyes to slowly water before she looked at the ground.

Satori’s eyes softened. “I’ll tell you a secret, Nezumi-chan,” he stated simply, lifting a hand and gently petting her head, causing her to stiffen in uncertainty as teary eyes slowly lifted up to his own.

“Talented people don’t exist. All they are, are people that found what they were good at early on.” As he explained this her brow slowly furrowed, and Satori’s eyes softened. “Let me prove it to you. Twenty minutes. Give me all your attention, and promise me to try your very hardest for twenty minutes. Can you do that for me…?” The question caused the young girl to slowly shift on her feet, before she slowly nodded her head once.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 3:56 pm

Riku stayed quiet, letting Satori coax Nezumi out of her shell. Being gentle like this was harder for the genin; it was easy to be abrasive towards people she didn't know. Being kind to strangers was not so easy. She also felt more relaxed as Satori gently got to know Nezumi and got her to agree with their plan.

"This may be difficult, but it is not impossible," Riku added in an attempt to be supportive.

Nezumi's gaze moved to the short genin, still a little wary.

"Let's do a few exercises to see what you can do," the genin suggested.

"Okay…."

Riku pulled out a kunai and a few shuriken. "Let's start with Bukijutsu. This is just to see what we need to do to help you, okay?"

The redhead nodded slightly and took the offered weapons and lead the genin and chunin to a target. Her aim wasn't great; the shuriken hit the outer rings of the target and the kunai was a few rings away from the center.

Riku watched carefully. Then, she went and retrieved the weapons. "I think I see the problem. You need to change your form a little. Watch me."

She threw each weapon one by one, moving just slow enough for Nezumi to observe. The blue-haired teen collected the weapons once more and handed them to the younger girl. Riku instructed her on how to throw properly. Ironically, Nezumi used too much force and overcompensated. Within ten minutes, her aim had improved significantly.

The redhead now kept her chin up and met Riku's eyes when they spoke, drawing a genuine smile from the teen.

[4]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 3:56 pm

Satori let Riku work with a slight smile as the girl began to slowly perk up. Like anyone, she needed only to have someone that truly believed in her and was competent enough to help her grow. Nothing more.

“Alright,” he stated with a chuckle and clapped his hands together lightly. “Now for Taijutsu. Spar with Riku for me a bit alright? Just do your best, we need to see your form so that you can properly be taught after all.” Satori had a good idea of what this girls strength actually was. But he also knew that she needed a larger confidence boost.

If he could help her learn to utilize Fuuinjutsu, the power of the Uzumaki clan, atop increasing her basic skill in Taijutsu and Bukijutsu, then she’d be pushed well beyond her normal standards. She’d be able to do far better in actual combat with a more balanced skillset, and her seals could then seal the deal.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Nezumi looked at Riku uncertainty, but gave a nod. She got into the basic stance for Arhat Fist.

Riku decided to indulge the girl by attacking first. The genin darted forward and aimed a few quick jabs at Nezumi's torso.

The redhead stiffened nervously and did her best to knock the hits aside. She took a few of them without wincing and aimed a punch at the blue-haired woman's throat.

Riku jumped backwards and Nezumi moved in, with hard punches and the occasional kick. The genin avoided most of it by virtue of being faster and predicting the redhead's moves, but the hits that did land left bruises.

Riku ducked another punch and swept Nezumi's feet from beneath her.

Not to be outdone, the Academy student nimbly rolled to the side to avoid being pinned. Riku was waiting for her by the time she got back to her feet and caught the girl in a headlock.

"I-I give!" The redhead cried out.

Riku released her and stepped back. She gave the younger girl an approving look.

[5]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 3:58 pm

Satori whistled softly as the Academy Student utilized a D-Rank Taijutsu, effectively at that. Her already sturdy build was emphasized even further by the chakra enhancement, and the minimal cost of the style allowed her to properly endure strikes far easier than a normal girl her age, while dishing out significant force.

Placing his hands on his knees he contemplated for a few moments, eyes closing as he came up with multiple styles that he could show her to help her play on her strengths more effectively, before his eyes opened slowly.

“Nezumi-chan, I want you to try and focus on channeling your chakra into your legs and launching yourself at me as fast as you can alright?” he smiled softly, before slowly straightening.

“Just like when you punch like that… but instead, kick at the ground, can you do that for me?” The girl frowned, but slowly nodded her head as she lowered her body uncertainly; before she attempted it. Initially, it got her nowhere. However, a few more gentle pointers, and suddenly she blurred forward much faster than before as she learned Satori’s ‘Lunge’ technique.

Grinning softly at her wide eyes as she realized how fast she’d moved, she glanced up at Satori. “You couldn’t ever actually land a proper blow on anyone because you were too slow, right? But you must have loads of chakra reserves and energy. So you can use this to make up for that to land a decisive blow.” The statement caused her to slowly look down at her hand.

“I can combine it with arhat…?” Satori grinned and nodded once. “You can. But, we’re not done,” Satori stated idly as she blinked and looked up at him. Satori glanced over toward Riku and stated with a bemused smirk.

“Fuuinjutsu,” he stated simply, causing the girls eyes to widen. Usually Fuuinjutsu was something no one touched until chuunin, or higher, it’s requirements and difficulty were simply to advanced for those of lower rank.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm

Riku used a bit of medical chakra to heal her bruises. Satori, judging by his expression, also recognized how unusually strong this girl was for her age and level of training. By the time the genin's bruises were completely gone, Nezumi had nearly mastered Satori's lunge technique.

At the mention of fuinjutsu, Riku smiled. The only other people to even attempt such a difficult field of study before reaching chunin status that she knew of were Satori himself and Akemi. They were exceptions to the rule and the blue-haired ninja knew that Nezumi could be one too.

"Your clan is famous for their fuinjutsu skill. It will come to you more easily than most things," Riku said, voice a bit more animated than usual. This mission was becoming more interesting than she had anticipated.

Nezumi appeared surprised by how confidently Riku stated she would be able to learn fuinjutsu, but then she perked up. Being encouraged instead of laughed at had begun to improve her confidence and her posture. The redhead didn't look down as often as she had when she first met the two ninja and she seemed less doubtful about her abilities with each piece of advice they gave her.

"I don't know any," Riku admitted, "but Tori-san does. Maybe we can learn a few basics together," she offered.

Nezumi smiled and her shoulders relaxed a bit.

Then, both girls turned their attention to the chunin.

[6]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm

Satori smiled softly as Riku encouraged her even further, she was opening up a bit as well. Clapping his hands together, he nodded once in agreement before placing his hands on his hips.

“It’s complicated, but you can definitely do it. Let’s see…” Satori leaned down to his hip and pulled off one of the small scrolls at his side, removing its lock and unrolling it before he knelt down and placed the scroll on the ground. Placing a hand on it before his chakra pulsed outward, and with a burst of smoke a set of chakra ink and brush formed. Straightening he motioned both of the girls toward him.

“Fuuinjutsu is about forumlas and chakra control. It’s basically just glorified math problems.” A smile formed lightly on his lips before he unrolled the scroll to reveal more writing space as he placed a finger against the scroll.

“This is called chakra ink. You two aren’t at the level you can use it just yet, but eventually you can form chakra with your ink to form seals at will at only a touch. For now, you’ll use the old fashion way with the brush and ink.” As he explained this he then clenched his hand a few times and finished the seal itself.

It was circular, with the kanji for ‘seal’ inside it surrounded by several symbols linked together almost like runes that flowed into the kanji, each rune revealed to eventually spell the word “energy” within them. Finishing, he connected the runes with two flicks and then placed his hands on his knees with a grin.

“This is a chakra draining seal. All you need to do is write it on your hand with the ink, and as you write focus your chakra into the seal itself. Then, when you touch him, send out another burst of chakra through that seal to place it on him. It will drain his chakra, and give it to you throughout the fight. Do you know what that’ll mean?” A slight smile formed as she slowly shook her head.

“You’ll be able to use those Taijutsu techniques as much as you want. Lunge to place it on him first thing. He’ll be cocky and won’t expect it out of you. As soon as you place that seal fall back, fight defensively and focus on dodging with lunge, and countering when you see an opening. You already have tremendous stamina. He’ll only get weaker as time goes on. Trust me.” The words caused the girl to kneed her lip between her teeth, but she slowly nodded.

Satori smiled, before leaning back and nodding to the brushes and scroll. “Both of you can practice as much as you want. Once you get the hang of it, try placing it on your hand.”

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 4:00 pm

The explanation was easy to absorb and understand. Nezumi's eyes seemed to drink in the seal's formula while Riku eyed it critically. The chakra draining seal could be a powerful weapon, allowing Nezumi an advantage few of her peers would be able to counter. The genin glanced over at the younger girl to see the wheels turning in the redhead's mind. She smirked. Both girls nodded at the end of Satori's instructions.

Riku reached into her hip pouch to retrieve some spare paper for them to practice with. Then, the blue-haired ninja pulled out her notebook and began to jot down a few of the concepts Satori has outlined to help her remember later. Then, she began to practice copying the seal carefully onto one of the pieces of scrap paper.

Nezumi, on the other hand, stared at the seal for a while. Then, she traced it with her fingertips a few times, mumbling under her breath. After that, the redhead traced the symbols into the dirt. She would erase the whole array and start over again each time she made a mistake. Once satisfied with her ability to copy the seal, Nezumi carefully drew it on paper Riku had offered her.

Riku began the process of drawing the seal on her hand slowly and with care. Carefully, she channelled chakra into her hand, feeding it into the seal. Her brows furrowed and her tongue poked out past her lips as the genin concentrated. Riku could feel the slight drain as the seal began to absorb her chakra. Carefully, she channelled energy until the seal got "full" and wouldn't take any more.

Nezumi had also begun to write the seal on her own hand. The redhead chewed on her lower lip in concentration as she reconstructed the sealing array on her palm and added chakra to it. It felt natural, like swimming or running. She stopped and looked up at the two ninja with a grin.

"I think I got it!"

Riku's lips twitched at the corners in a ghost of a smile.

"Well done."

Nezumi flushed pink, pleased with the praise.

"Nee, Saa-kun, want to test it?" Riku asked mischievously, offering the spiky haired man her hand.

Nezumi giggled at her antics, finally fully at ease with them both.

[7]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Satori smiled watching the pair work as they steadily finished up their seals; he expected it from Riku. Her mind and chakra control were her strongest aspects after all. But he’d expected Nezumi to finish slower, and instead, she’d flown through the technique. His eyes widened a bit as she casually sat up and said she finished it already.

Slowly, a bemused smile formed as he nodded once to Riku’s mischievous smile, his hand extended to both of them.

“I’d expect you both to test it,” he answered simply with a chuckle, when both managed to place their seals he examined them on his hands, before nodding once in agreement with a chuckle. Placing his hands behind his back as both seals instantly disappeared as he unsealed them.

“Nezumi-chan. You just learned a B-Rank technique in ten minutes,” he told her bluntly, causing her eyes to widen steadily. An Academy Student learning a B-Rank was practically unheard of. Satori had only managed that with a single technique, and it hadn’t taken him ten minutes, more like weeks.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 4:03 pm

Riku resisted the urge to pout when Satori got rid of the seals on his hands, if only just barely.

Nezumi's eyes widened, her mouth dropping open to form an 'o' when the tall man told her what rank the technique was.

Riku patted the top of her head. "You're a sealing genius, as expected."

When the redhead only blinked, continuing to look startled, she added, "You've got about five minutes until your match against Gaki-san."

That realization spurred Nezumi into action. She set to work re-drawing the seal on her palm with a look of determination on her face. The redhead finished with just enough time to put away their sealing materials before Jiro returned looking haughty as ever.

The two students stood across from each other in the training yard.

Jiro smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. "You think half an hour is enough time to learn the skills to beat me, Mouse?" he leered.

"It was plenty." Nezumi got into her stance and refused to back down.

"Save the trash talk until after the match," Riku reminded them. "Begin!"

Nezumi used the lunge Satori had taught her to get in Jiro's space and slap her hand against his calf before retreating.

"Ha! I barely felt that. Is that all you got?" the boy taunted.

The redhead just smiled at him.

[8]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 4:04 pm

Satori smiled softly as the girl snapped back at him. Though as Riku corrected them both, he nodded once and placed his hands behind his back watching patiently. The foolish boy didn’t realize what was going on at all. That was fine. He would in a moment.

Jiro dashed at her, and Nezumi remained where she was until the last moment when he spun to slam a knee into her chest; only for his eyes to widen when her hand lifted to block it outright. The lesson to focus on countering having paid off, before her fist suddenly lashed out.

It didn’t hit. But Jiro was sent stumbling back due to how hard he’d pulled back to dodge, his footing uneven.

“Hah, your brute strength fits your build! Just like a big red monkey, but you’re still slo--” His eyes widened even further as she was suddenly directly in front of him.

“Wha--” his arms lifted to try and guard, but the speed of her lunge, combined with the power of the arhat, and her own base muscle, meant the punch slammed into his arms so hard he was lifted into the air. A bruise instantly forming on the area as he went skidding backward from the force.

“When did you,” he hissed--only to halt, and to his credit, he stopped losing his head. He wasn’t underestimating her anymore. That was bad, of course, but Nezumi recalled Satori’s instructions. She’d gotten her hits in. Jiro’s arms wouldn’t work well after taking a heavy hit like that, and he was sealed.

Now he was noticing it as well as he took a step forward, but he was already sweating. Vision a bit hazy as if he’d just run several laps.

“What…” he mumbled uncertainly. It wasn’t over. Jiro had talent, Satori could see that. He was faster, almost as durable, not quite as physically strong but still pretty fit physically. But he never trained. The boy had no stamina. All talent, no experience, no dedication. But the little Uzumaki was the exact opposite.

She had won this. Even if Jiro wouldn’t know it for a few more exchanges.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Jiro sucked in air before rushing at Nezumi again and attempted to use his superior speed against her. Unfortunately for him, she countered most of his strikes and the ones that landed didn't faze her.

Riku watched the fight, counting down the time until Jiro realized his defeat in her head.

Nezumi stayed on the defensive while Jiro's hits became slower and weaker. He tried to kick her in the stomach only to be sent tumbling to the ground and nearly stomped by the redhead. The boy switched tactics and tried to punch her, but she simply used her strength to knock the blows aside and force him to retreat before she took advantage of the opening she'd created. Each time they clashed, he felt more tired despite using the normal amount of chakra. He was fading twice as fast as before.

He panted heavily and was barely able to dodge another lunge. Nezumi pursued him with more vigor than before, feeling as if she hadn't been fighting for long. The redhead barreled through the boy's defenses and picked him up in a bear hug before slamming the poor kid to the ground and pinning him with a knee to his chest. Jiro struggled under her fruitlessly.

"Winner: Nezumi!" Riku declared.

Nezumi moved back and helped Jiro to his feet.

"What did you do to me?" the blond demanded.

[9]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 4:06 pm

Satori placed his hands behind his back as Jiro demanded answers, that was fair enough. He walked forward and gently pet Nezumi’s hair, causing the young girl to blush lightly and smile as she looked down at the ground.

“She used the chakra sealing technique,” he replied idly, causing the boys brow to furrow in confusion. “A B-rank Fuuinjutsu that when placed on a target steadily drains their chakra and transfers it into the user instead,” his explanation caused the boy to halt entirely. Staring at Satori in absolute confusion.

“A B-Rank… Fuuinjutsu?!” He practically yelped, the effort causing him to stumble a bit due to how fatigued he already was.

“Indeed. She wasn’t so talentless after all, it would seem. The school simply didn’t know how to deal with her due to how general studies works, and she was always put down by her peers that thought they were better than her, just because they had easy access to their strength.” His tone was neutral, but to Satori’s credit, Jiro actually winced. Looking at Nezumi with what was initially shock, and then slowly contemplation.

It wasn’t as though the boy was a bad child. He was just a child. He wasn’t stupid, that much had been made clear, he was just big-headed, cocky. He’d been slapped with several realizations, and slowly lowered his gaze, clearly needing time to think. Satori walked forward and casually placed a hand on his leg, removing the seal, before his chakra pulsed into the boy. Providing him with full energy once more and doing the same for Nezumi as the girl smiled proudly, offering Jiro her hand.

“Thank you for the spar, Jiro-san,” she stated, a bit uncertain, but clearly trying to make amends and take the higher ground for the situation. Jiro appeared conflicted, but slowly took her hand as he nodded once, looking at the ground afterward with a frown.

“... You’re welcome. Thank you for the spar.” He finally murmured, as quiet as it was, it was the first shred of manners he’d shown thus far. Progress.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Riku felt pride as Nezumi took her and Satori's teachings and used them to gain victory. A light smirk appeared on her lips when Jiro finally realized how severely he had underestimated the Uzumaki girl.

Once the two had reconciled, Nezumi turned to Riku and Satori smiling brightly. "Thank you so much!" She bowed.

"It's nothing," Riku assured her, face turning a light shade of pink at the sudden attention. "It's part of our responsibility as ninja to help ensure that trainees receive a proper education," she muttered.

The shyness disappeared when the genin redirected her attention to Jiro. "Are you ready to uphold your side of the bet, Gaki-san?"

The boy frowned at the nickname but agreed albeit a little begrudgingly.

"Bet?" Nezumi looked at the two ninja warily.

"Tori-san bet that he could teach the weakest member of the class and that after some instruction they could defeat Gaki-san. Your classmate chose you. He did make our job easier, however, by picking you. One of your other peers would not have been able to learn a difficult sealing technique like you did."

A light frown tugged at the redhead's mouth, but she nodded. It helped that Jiro had singled her out as the weakest and not the two ninja. They hadn't judged her, instead, they found her strengths and taught her how to emphasize those.

"Now, Gaki-san has to apologize for his behavior before we will allow him to have a second chance at introducing himself to us."

"Well, let's go," Jiro said a little impatiently, red with embarrassment.

[10]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Satori smiled softly as things leveled out a bit, Nezumi appeared more relaxed now that she knew they hadn’t singled her out or judged her. He ruffled her hair lightly with a bemused smile before turning to focus on the other young man. Jiro appeared more than a bit flustered, but this was important for him to take the lesson to heart.

“Indeed,” he stated simply, moving forward with Jiro at his side before he moved toward the door into the main Academy with the group in tow. Pushing the door open and letting Jiro enter first as they made their way toward the pairs primary class, once they arrived he knocked once and smiled at the teacher whom blinked and welcomed them in.

“Class starts in about five minutes… can I help you? I believe you two were the ones that accepted the mission but…” his gaze traveled down to Jiro whom was looking to the side with a slight frown.

“Gaki-kun has agreed to apologize to the class formally as well as you for his behavior up to this point,” Satori explained simply, causing the man’s eyes to widen a bit. He’d expected it to take far longer, and for Jiro to likely be threatened with fear for it to get through to him. Though then he stalled.

“Gaki…?” He glanced to Jiro who’s face became even redder.

“It’s nothing!” He stated quickly, practically hissing before he moved up toward the front of the class. Half-stomping as he bit his bottom lip for a few moments, before he slowly straightened. Throwing back his shoulders before bowing to the class that all stared at him in complete confusion as his teacher did the same from the side alongside Satori and Riku.

“I’m very sorry for my behavior up to this point!” He stated quickly, before halting and a slow frown crept up on his face. Glancing toward the Uzumaki girl whom blinked, before he finally murmured an addition.

“... and I’m sorry if I ever made any of you feel like you didn’t matter, or were weak, because of my bragging,” the words were more sincere, and quieter. He was clearly embarrassed, but it appeared he hadn’t realized how much lording his power over others could have actually hurt them. Satori smiled softly.

He was a good kid, he decided. Just needed a firmer hand, that was all.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 4:08 pm

The teacher watched mutely as Jiro apologized sincerely to everyone. What had these two ninja done to the boy? Aside from being a bit dirty, he didn't appear as though any force had been used on him. The class also seemed to be shocked.

Nezumi dipped her head. "I forgive you, Jiro-san. Let's get along from now on."

"Y-yeah," he agreed, surprised that the girl he'd bullied most was the first to forgive him.

The rest of the class followed suit, individual kids chiming in with their forgiveness.

Finally, the blond boy turned to face the two ninja and with a quick (and slightly stuff) bow, he introduced himself once more. "My name is Jiro and I'm in class two A. Thank you for instructing me ninja-san."

Riku gave a small smile. "It's a pleasure to properly meet you Jiro-kun."

The teacher instructed everyone to take their seats, prompting Nezumi and Jiro to go sit down. Then, he turned to Riku and Satori. "In that case, I'll sign your mission scroll. You've done an excellent job. How did you change his attitude so quickly?"

[11]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Satori smiled softly at Jiro’s re-introduction.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jiro-kun. I expect alot of things out of you.” The statement caused Jiro to flush a bit, he didn’t know how to respond to that and so he quickly went to take his seat as Satori chuckled and looked toward the teacher. Offering him the scroll to sign before the question was offered, Satori glanced toward the young man and his smile formed again.

He was talking with the other students that were now opening speaking with him, asking him what had happened, if he wanted to train with them, and more. Jiro was flustered. He wasn’t used to actually having people interested in him. It seems the boy was as uncertain about social situations as Nezumi had been, just in a different way.

“I just showed him that there was no such thing as talent. Everyone is equal… dedication and effort is what sets you apart. He learned that the hard way by his own failures; we simply showed him the path that led him to the realization. Letting others learn on their own is usually the most effective method of teaching, you just offer a guiding hand.” A smile formed before he shrugged, looking toward the teacher whom gave a low hum of thought, glancing over at the boy for a moment.

After a few seconds, he chuckled and signed the paper. Offering it to Satori who took it with a grin.

“I think you’ll see some great things out of those kids now that they’re working together,” he stated simply, before lifting a hand in farewell and moving toward the door.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Fri May 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Riku gave a quick bow to the teacher before following her partner out. She walked closer to him now that the mission was completed. The teenaged genin reached out to grasp his fingers, her hand was only big enough to wrap around three of them completely. Now that it was just her and Satori, she smiled and relaxed fully.

"That was an interesting mission, Saa-kun. It makes the idea of teaching a little less intimidating." Her head tilted back to allow her to look up at the tall man.

"Nee, Saa-kun, you're a really good teacher." Riku's grip tightened a bit on his hand. She turned her gaze to their surroundings as they left the Academy and let a comfortable silence slide between them.

[12]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri May 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Satori smiled softly as he glanced down at her when her fingers wrapped around his own. Fingers tightening around her own hand in response as he nodded once.

“You’re good with kids too, Riku-chan,” he replied easily as his gaze slowly lifted up, before an idea slowly passed through his mind. A slight smile forming on his lips as he lowered his head a bit and kissed the tip of her ear as they walked.

“I can’t wait till I give you one too, so that you can do that for ours,,” he murmured with a slight smile. His tone teasing, but his words and eyes sincere. He knew it’d fluster her, but he didn’t mind. Kissing her cheek softly whenever she started to turn red with a low chuckle of amusement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 pm