Welcome Guest! You have made 0 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

The Drunken Dragon Pub

Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Anbu

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: S
    Ryo: a looot

The Drunken Dragon Pub Empty The Drunken Dragon Pub

Post by Uchiha Akihiro on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:45 pm

The Drunken Dragon Pub:
    The Drunken Dragon Pub 7aecb9f24d1d94355b8294c1dcdba194

The hour was 9pm. Akihiro had finally managed to get all the Uchiha Clan bureaucracy out of the way which hadn't been an easy task considering a lot of it had pilled up in its absence. After spending the whole day at the Uchiha Clan district, the youngster decided he needed to get out of there. He wandered across the streets for a while, looking for a place to eat at. Nothing too fancy, but he didn't want to risk lowering his guard somewhere too shayd either.

In the end, Akihiro happened to pass by the Drunken Dragon Pub. Named after the large chinese styled dragon that was hung over the pub's entrance. From a distance it seemed like a respectable wood statue, but as one got closer it became apparent that the dragon was...well, drunk. It made Akihiro chuckle a little, and so he went inside, sat at a table and ordered food. It was one of those nights when he didn't want to do anything but sit back and relax. The stress and general pressure of the Blood Prison mission were still very fresh on Akihiro's mind, that added to the problems caused by Masuyo running away had been a little too much for him. He wished he could go back to a time when things were simpler...when all he had to do was be a Genin and weed out backyards. Alas, time doesn't go back and he still had plenty of years ahead of him, unless of course something went horribly wrong and he was murdered in a gruesome way. Ah, the wonders of the ninja life!
    Sachiko
    Sachiko
    Chuunin

The Drunken Dragon Pub Empty Re: The Drunken Dragon Pub

Post by Sachiko on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:09 am

Akihiro had finally returned from whatever mission he had been on. It must have been pretty far away, as he'd been away for a while, but he had come back and that's all that mattered. Sachiko knew that he was back, and so she'd gone on a bit of a walk, trying to find him so she could welcome him back personally. She had missed seeing the kid. He was practically her only human friend in the village, since most people didn't care about talking to her that much, nor did Sachiko go out of her way to find conversations with other people.

Having gone to the Uchiha clan compound to try and see him, she was informed that he wasn't currently there, and she'd have to find him elsewhere. It was a bit annoying, since tracking a person in a village was much harder for her than tracking a person in the wilderness. There were a lot more people, and that made it harder to find a single person. Still, she gave it her best shot.

With a direction given to her by someone who had seen him walking off, she set out to look for him. It took a while, with her stopping to check almost every single public place she could, until eventually she arrived at the same pub that Akihiro had entered. Opening up the door, Sachiko peered out, and lo! There he was. Breaking into a wolfish grin, Sachiko moved forward towards Akihiro.

"Hello there, Akihiro. Welcome back to the village." she said in her usual, overly proper way of talking. It was devoid of slang and very polite, much the same as a home schooled person sounded, as she wasn't particularly fluent in slang. It was only a few years ago that her education had even advanced to the point that she had become fluent in their language.

Total Experience: 1165
    Renown: 400
    Ryo: 195,000
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: D
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: B

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t875-sachiko-s-updates#5308
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t872-yamada-sachiko#5297
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Anbu

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:12 pm

Akihiro's mood immediately turned brighted the moment Sachiko entered the pub and he saw the wolfish grin on her face. before he had been lost in thoughts and memories, trying to make sense of everything that happened. But raising his glance as Sachiko entered the pub allowed him to notice her and then look forwards to the opportunity to talk a bit with her. He too grinned as she approached the table and welcomed him back to the village. Gesturing for her to have a seat at the table, he replied.

"Ah, thank you very much. It always feels great to be back at the den doesn't it?" He'd smile. The young Sparrow had always enjoyed speaking to Sachiko. She was the complete opposite of him, and perhaps that was the reason. While Akihiro took a cold, calculated approach to things Sachiko seemed to be moved much more by instinct and gut than anything. And to be honest it had worked quite well for her. Maybe the best part about his conversations with her were the fact that she was always very straightforward. After spending years working with the world of espionage and information, Akihiro had pretty solid idea of how many times people spoke with second intentions, spoke half-truths or even straight up lies. But with Sachiko, that had never happened. There was a simple nindo to her: The Wolf is the strength of the Pack, and the Pack is the strength of the Wolf. And every single one of her actions reflected this, even under torture as Akihiro had personally witnessed. This kind of commitment and loyalty to were rare amongst the ninja who so often worked from the shadows.

Even if her actions had resulted not from a noble reason or feeling, but simply for the sake of becoming the strongest in the pack.

"I hear congratulations are in order, you're officially a Chuunin now isn't that right? The mockingbirds keep repeating how much of a humiliating defeat you imposed on Yui." He'd make a pause, look around real quick, and say in an unusually loud tone as if he expected people to hear him:
    "Well color me impressed, I never saw that coming! I was so amazed!"

Then he'd lean in slightly towards her. "Between you and me, I'm eating out today on the money I got from your match. 'Taijutsu can't beat Blast Release!' they said, pffffffft! Feel free to order anything!" He'd chuckle. Truth to be told, Akihiro hadn't bet a single cent on that match. But he did have a strong feeling that Sachiko would win. While Blast Release was extremely dangerous and she had technically been at a disadvantage, Akihiro had met both Yui and Sachiko and considering the conditions of the match the Sparrow didn't think Yui would be able to subdue Sachiko without killing her. That off course, could only result in Sachiko's victory. So while he wanted to bet, he couldn't because of his position. Apparently, betting on the results of exams was frowned upon by higher ups. And he was the higher up. What a bummer.
    Sachiko
    Sachiko
    Chuunin

Post by Sachiko on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:44 am

"Mhmm. I do not really like leaving home. Masuyo had me go with her to Iwagakure, and then she left me there. I came back not too long ago, and they told me she resigned. I was sad that I was not asked to return back sooner." Sachiko said, sitting down. Masuyo was an odd person, seemed to care about her village and duties one minute, and then gave up caring the next, deciding to just leave.

Still, she didn't have much to complain about, she was back home, Akihiro was back home. "Yes, I did in fact pass my exams!" There was a note of pride in her voice. She usually wore her Flak Jacket, but that hadn't been a concern  for the moment. It wasn't like she was going around looking for a fight with someone, nor was she on duty currently. "To be completely honest, I was not expecting to beat Yui. I prepared for the fight, but I did not get to even use most of my combinations. It took me a while to come up with them."

It warmed her heart that Akihiro had projected that she would be the one to come out on top. She knew he liked to use his brain, so the fact that he thought she would win meant something. To be fair, he had been the proctor for part of their exams. He was a lot smarter than she was and probably knew a bunch of things that she couldn't even begin to think of as far as the fight match up was set. "I thought to myself, I thought, Sachiko, you can only do taijutsu. You need to have more strategy than just hit things. I bought some alcohol, wires, and explosive tags. I remembered that alcohol like I bought is flammable. If I can not do ninjutsu, then I can make my own version of it. I did not get to set off any explosions though. The wire caught Yui first, and she did not want to continue."

She had no way of knowing that Akihiro had probably already heard the details of her fight somehow. She had shown him her purchases when they left Kumo, he was smart enough to figure out her plan with the items without her having to explain it. Still, she was proud of herself for having come up with that. Tactics weren't always her best strong suit.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t875-sachiko-s-updates#5308
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t872-yamada-sachiko#5297
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Anbu

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 pm

"Well that was not nice of Masuyo..." to be entirely honest, Akihiro himself didn't know why she had retired. An all of his genius, he could not ever fully comprehend that woman's intentions. "But I'm certainly glad you're back."

Akihiro could not help but genuinely smile as Sachiko described the way she had planned her fight. That was the fundamental difference between the two which had led Akihiro to believe Sachiko had a good chance of winning: he could count on Sachiko to actually think of a plan and be prepared. While Yui on the other hand, was always flowing with overconfidence. Having faith in one's abilities was a good thing, but overestimating them had been the Grim Reaper of many shinobi through the ages, the last of which that Akihiro knew had been Zurui.

It was true that the Sparrow had already carefully read the report about their match, but hearing it from someone who had actually participated in the match was something else entirely. The fact that she even seemed disappointed that she didn't get to use her full combinations even made him chuckle a bit. "It's too bad that you didn't get to use all the moves you thought of. But I think you did well, all things considered. It is always better to overestimate your opponent than underestimating them, no?" He'd smile again. Ah, it felt good to relax and not play the master spy for once.

"I think using alcohol and explosive tags to make your own version of Katon is brilliant. Plus, traditional ninjutsu is overrated anyways." He'd shrug. It was not a comment made purely out of sympathy. Seeing (or reading how it happened) Sachiko pull off a customized Fire Release technique using flammable liquids surprised even him. Perhaps it was because, although unconsciously, he would have never expected Sachiko to use elements in a match, especially in such a comfortable manner. He made a mental point of not underestimating her creativity again, even if unconsciously.

"Anyway, this is a celebration right? You have been promoted! And last time I checked, promotions meant gifts! Here, I have something for you." Akihiro would reach for one of the deepest pockets of his cloak, where a package had been awkwardly weighing him down all night. He'd put it on top of the table, gently. It was awkwardly wrapped in paper, tied together by pieces of string. While the secret market more than often provided items of exquisite quality, their wrapping service was...inadequate, at best. But alas, these items should survive any rough transport.

"Go ahead and open it."

Under the awkward wrapping would be a white box, roughly the size of a shoe box. The inside would be lined with velt in order to protect the two beautiful arm guards made out of ivory. The items had incredibly detailed engravings of a wolf pack hunting its prey under the moonlight on the right one, while the left one had the engraving of a wolf pack howling at a full moon, with the leader of the pack standing above the rest on top of a rock, directly beneath the full moon and starry sky.
    Sachiko
    Sachiko
    Chuunin

Post by Sachiko on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:33 am

It was indeed better to over prepare for a fight than to come into it under prepared. Failing in combat was a bad idea, as it often led to death or injury. Overall weakening the group. A pack was only as strong as its weakest fighter. She glowed under Akihiro's praise of her ingenuity. He was a smart person, so for him to say she made a smart choice was really nice for her self esteem. It would be like a Taijutsu master praising her combat abilities. She nodded in agreement with his question. "Ninjutsu is not overrated. I wish I could use it, but I have to make my fighting work without it. It is very hard to fight against people with Ninjutsu unless I hit them first so they can not hit me with their jutsu."

Sachiko was handed a gift, taking it from Akihiro with a look of surprise on her face. She hadn't ever been given anything from someone else as a gift before. She had received a Flak Jacket when she had been promoted, but that was a standard thing that all shinobi got. She had been given a head band, of course, but again, that was a standard part of the uniform. Money and housing was all the same. Sachiko wasn't really friends with many people, so the thought of a gift wasn't something she really understood. She thought it was just another sort of purchase.

Opening the package, she took out one of the gauntlets, and she was almost completely speechless. They were gorgeous, and more importantly, they were of a high quality. The craftmanship, the attention to detail, the engravings. Everything about these gauntlets was perfect. Sachiko used a pair of steel gauntlets on a normal basis, so these were a definite improvement for her, practical as well as beautiful. And the wolves!

"You did not have to do this!" Sachiko placed it back in the box, still staring at it with wide eyes. "I can not accept this! This is way too much for someone like me. That is a lot of money, I doubt I could afford these." Sachiko looked to Akihiro, hesitantly declining the gift, unless he insisted that she keep it without pay. "What about you? You need protection as well. You should keep these for you so you do not get hurt."

She hesitantly pushed the box back towards Akihiro. He was a tiny person, not very physically gifted. Sachiko was fast and strong, and had gauntlets already. She figured that Akihiro had spent a lot of money on her, and that he should benefit from spending his own money. Most people she knew spent their money on themselves. The concept of a gift was so completely foreign to her.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Anbu

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:39 pm

Akihiro had to keep on smiling at Sachiko's reaction. He did not say anything at first, allowing her space to think and make her comments, up until the point where she hesitantly pushed the box back towards him. Despite her actions the young Sparrow could see she really did like the gauntlets. Her eyes had widened in a way he had never seen before upon seeing the engravings and Akihiro felt that, just for a little bit there, he was able to see a Sachiko no one had ever had the opportunity to see before.

Frankly speaking, Akihiro himself had been surprised at the engravings. He had seen the item's descriptions and functionality, but those didn't really do justice to the item's craftsmanship. Since Akihiro hadn't had the opportunity to actually see and touch the item, he was glad to see it was everything he expected it to be and more. That being said, there were a few properties promised about it which he had wanted to test, and this was why he didn't try to stop Sachiko from pushing the box towards him. He shrugged a bit as the box stopped in front of him.

"Sure, it's true I didn't have to do this." He commented, lightly touching the side of the box with his right hand. "But life isn't just about what we have to do, it's also about what we want to do. And I wanted to do this. Besides, what is money compared to art?" He picked up on of the gauntlets and carefully examined it from up close. The engravings really were beautifully done.

"Don't worry about me, I have protection enough. I'm afraid neither gauntlets nor any kind of armor will prevent 'someone like me' from crumbling if I'm careless enough to take hits." His eyes and gaze would then shift from the gauntlet to meet Sachiko's. "For someone like you, on the other hand...these are perfect. You see, there are two reasons why you should take this gift."

Akihiro would hold the gauntlet in front of him and exame it again. "The first is that, if my contacts are still trustworthy, these are made of a special kind of ivory that repels element chakra." Akihiro would then attempt to make Wind Release chakra flow through the gauntlet. This proved to be an impossible task, and the chakra would just be expelled from his hand and dissipate without even the slightest hint of flowing through the gauntlet.

"Huh, it seems they were right." Akihiro looked slightly surprised as his gaze turned towards Sachiko. He expected the ivory to isolate elements to a point, but not *this* efficiently. "It really can't be done. So for someone like me, this is useless since I'd never be able to cast Ninjutsu with these on. For someone of your particular talents, however... this is a great way to prevent damage from nasty elemental taijutsu styles." He'd grin. Of course Akihiro had already taken this into consideration before, but he took a bit of pride in explaining it and going over it again in his head.

"The second and most important reason..." he would go on, as he picked up the second gauntlet and now held both. "...is that I'm afraid you're right. Ninjutsu isn't overrated. It is, in fact, very dangerous and relying on a "First Strike" strategy to prevent opponents from casting their techniques isn't safe. It worked so far, but a day will come when you won't be fast enough. When someone will be faster. Don't feel bad, that day comes for all of us." Akihiro didn't want her to feel like he was criticizing her. But the fact was that her strategy was risky at best, and fighting Ninjutsu with Taijutsu only was, as she put it, "very hard".

"The trick is to be prepared for that day. And these items are of enough quality to sustain preventive measures." The gauntlets would shine brightly for a brief amount of time, a few seconds at most. Then they would go back to their natural colour and brightness, and Akihiro placed the gauntlets back in the box, softly pushing it back towards Sachiko.

"C'mon, try them on. See if you can figure out what I mean by 'preventive measures'... " Akihiro had a devious smile upon his face. As if he knew something no one else did. And, well, he did know what enchantment he had just placed upon the item.

OOC:
    Enchanted Ivory Gauntlets
    Enchantment:
    Name: Susanoo's Shield
    Function:Active
    Price: 50,000 Ryo
    Description: This enchantment can be applied on any item. Upon touching the item, a chakra barrier will be created around it (if the user wills it). This barrier has S-rank durability and can extend up to 10 meters around the user. The user can extend or retract the barrier at will, at C-rank speed. Up to five barriers can be created at a time, each one taking a usage from the count. The barriers are spheres and can be dispelled at any time by touching the object and willing it.
    Charges: 30 usages
    Sachiko
    Sachiko
    Chuunin

Post by Sachiko on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:03 am

Akihiro made note that he knew he didn't have to get her that, but that he had wanted to anyhow. Besides that, he wasn't exactly a fighter, so armor or not, he wouldn't be able to get a whole lot of use out of it, although Sachiko would, considering it had special properties as well. Sachiko watched with interest as he picked up a gauntlet and tried to concentrate on something. It appeared that he was trying to channel chakra into the gauntlet, but it wasn't taking.

He further went on to say that that particular feature was fantastic for her, a Taijutsu user who couldn't mold chakra like other people could. She had to admit, he was right. If someone had a nintaijutsu that used fire or wind or lightning, she would be hard pressed to deal with that, but the gauntlets repelled that sort of thing, so she could more comfortably deal with an enemy close range with these things.

He amended his earlier statement about ninjutsu being overrated, by stating that it is very dangerous, and that her own style of "first strike" wasn't the safest thing to do. Eventually it would fail, someone would be faster, stronger, and have chakra as well, and she had to plan for that occurrence. The gauntlets were a first measure on that path of planning. If she could glean enough information from what he was saying the gauntlets had additional measures set other than just being hard and element repelling.

As he pushed the box and the gauntlets back towards Sachiko, she accepted it, and put one on, curious about what he meant. He seemed to be interested in her trying them. They fit very well and very comfortably. There was a small hum of energy about the gauntlets that seemed to connect to Sachiko when she put them on. It was a feeling that was completely foreign to her. The only exception had been when she had used Gates while training. The surge of chakra that she had never felt. Gently willing herself to access it, the chakra reacted to her, and a small barrier popped around her gauntlet. The more she focused on it, the more it grew, although she didn't grow it super large, as they were inside.

Letting it dissipate, Sachiko grinned. She had a shield she could use to protect herself from strikes or chakra. Taking off the gauntlet, she put it back in the box and closed it. "That is very nice." she said. "Thank you. I think I can actually be safer now in combat."

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Anbu

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro on Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:30 am

Akihiro watched carefully as Sachiko activated the enchantment in he had placed on the gauntlets for her. He had of course done this before, but it was always nice to see one of his creations working as planned. Oddly enough, Akihiro didn't usually perform a lot of enchantments even tho he had the ability to make them. Perhaps this was because enchanting an item magically made ryo disappear from his wallet and bank account, for some reason. As if the gods were charging him for power. Gods are capitalists, gotcha.

Either way, he was glad his friend liked the gift. Akihiro always put the clan before the village but that didn't mean he didn't recognize the importance of the Hidden Leaf and its members. A strong village meant a strong nest where not only the clans but also regular people could grow. This allowed the Leaf to show off power which in turn would make enemies think twice before attacking. The Leaf had thus become a safe nest for the Uchiha to grow, and while the nest wasn't as important as the birds inside it, it was certainly vital.

"I'm glad you like the gift, Sachiko. Your safety is important. Well, I must leave. We'll have a mission soon and there are yet things I must prepare before we set out. " Akihiro would say as he smiled. As much as he wanted to spend more time here with his friend, both of them would soon spend entire weeks together outside the village and there were many things he needed leave prepared so thatMockingbird could function in his absence. Akihiro would stand up from his chair, and leave ryo on the table to pay for his meal and more. "Be sure to get comfortable with those gauntlets, I have a feeling you might be needing them soon~" the tone in his voice as he left indicated he knew something she didn't. At this point the Sparrow had already been planning on taking Sachiko with him to help him find the Hidden Tea village.

[Exit]

Current date/time is Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:53 am