Welcome Guest! You have made 0 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Humble Request For A Brief Sidebar

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Jounin

Humble Request For A Brief Sidebar Empty Humble Request For A Brief Sidebar

Post by Shimiko Chinoike on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Shimiko had returned to Kumogakure with a new recruit. One Miyu Ryuutei. The Mizukage was not in the mood to meet with her, but by giving up the Inazuma and Yanagi he was content to allow her to permanently leave with one of his Nin. Of course, relations may not be entirely back to normal but the imminent threat of war was abated for now at least. Additionally, since Ken was no longer under Kumogakure control, the Mizukage could save face. Ken had successfully escaped which meant that if the man wanted to return back to Kiri he in theory could. Although given the arrangement she had struck with him, she doubted he'd do such a thing knowing that his daughter was her hostage.

Shimiko had a lot to tell Nariko. She knew she'd probably catch a scolding for souring relations with her religious tirade, but now that the situation was at least partially back to normal perhaps Nariko would be more forgiving. Today, Shimiko was dressed relatively modestly. She wore a long sleeved sweater, suspenders, and a checkered skirt with black leggings and boots. Her pigtails were done up as usual and held in place with a pair of small skull pins. Shimiko knocked on her sensei's door and patiently waited to be granted entrance.

Humble Request For A Brief Sidebar 1pwf20

Character Name: Shimiko Chinoike
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: A
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence:  B
    • Perception: A

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

Gear

• 2x Kālīkoroshimasu
    • 10x Serrated Kunai
    • Six Sai of Serration
    • Chinowakugumi Armour
    • Twin Tessen of Terror

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t344-shimiko-s-updates
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t260-shimiko-chinoike
    Link to Known Techniques:

Shimiko's ANBU Mask
    Nariko
    Nariko
    Raikage

Humble Request For A Brief Sidebar Empty Re: Humble Request For A Brief Sidebar

Post by Nariko on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Nariko had only recently returned from her excursion to the Land of Frost, and was still wearing her armor, the Raikage cloak wrapped around her waist, as she didn't want to wear it normally anymore. There wasn't a need to hide the armor on her return. Her Kage hat hung off her neck, laying on her back. There was very little to suggest that Nariko cared about her appearance.

In her hands, she carried a bunch of paperwork that she'd fetched on her way back up to her office, seeing as she knew she'd have to fill out her reports and then fill out budget stuff as well to account for the purchases she was going to be making soon. She didn't want to risk there being out of date paperwork, in case something were to happen to her. Not that it was likely, but she was pretty wary of Mora and her goals.

On her way back up, she saw Shimiko as she knocked on the door to her office. Nariko called out from down the hallway. "Oh, Shimiko! Hold on a second." Moving at a slightly increased pace so she didn't keep her former student waiting, she got to her door and nudged it open with her hip, and backed in. "Come on in. I hope you don't mind me filling out some paperwork while we talk? Par for the course, I'm always doing that, it seems."

Moving to her desk, which was surprisingly barren, suggesting that she hadn't actually been in the office for quite some time, and someone else had been dealing with her paperwork (some clerks, perhaps, who were able to deal with most things that didn't require Nariko's personal supervision), Nariko saw a couple of files that had been placed on her desk. Those were the more sensitive documents that only Nariko was allowed to file, something that required executive decision or something like that.

Ignoring the importance of those for now, Nariko dumped her papers onto the desk, and took a seat, pulling out one of the documents. Finances first, then mission docket later.

Total Experience: 4800
    Renown: 3500
    Ryo: 2,785,000
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B

Limit Break Points:

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t608-mizushima-nariko-updates
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t602-mizushima-nariko
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Jounin

Post by Shimiko Chinoike on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 am

Shimiko spun around once she heard her name. She saw Nariko clad in armour and carrying an armload of paperwork. Ah! She's just returned from the Land of Frost! The ANBU ran over to her Kage and insisted that she be allowed to help. "Raikage-sensei, please let me help you with that!" she called out. Assuming Nariko allowed her to take some of the burden, she'd walk back over to the door with her and enter.

As always, the Raikage was absolutely flooded with paperwork. Even more than usual considering she had been out on an excursion to take control of the Frost Country. Shimiko had never seen Nariko fight seriously although as ANBU she had access to previous mission reports from when Nariko was an active Jounin. From what she surmised, the woman was extremely strong and had been regaled as one of the best amongst her peers. Shimiko wanted to one day fight alongside Nariko although she imagined that such an occasion would be quite serious. Kage rarely did battle except in the most dire circumstances such as an assault on their person or their village. This made her curious as to whether Nariko saw any action while in Frost. If given any of the burden, she'd place the folders and papers on the Kage's desk and take a step back so as to give Nariko room to get herself situated.

Nariko mentioned she'd be doing paperwork as they spoke. This didn't bother Shimiko as she trusted the Raikage's ability to multi-task.

"No problem at all!" she said with a warm smile. "I wanted to report on a few things now that you're back from the Land of Frost...as I'm sure you heard, my first visit to Kirigakure didn't go as well as planned....." she bowed her head in shame. "I wanted to apologize for that Raikage-sensei. I let my temper get the better of me and I almost sparked a war. I'm trying to contain my emotions but it doesn't come as easily to me as it does to Akame-sama. I wanted you to know that I'm truly sorry and I take full responsibility for that diplomatic failure."

She waited for Nariko to scold her and either reject or accept the apology. If permitted to continue, she'd move on:

"I do have a bit of good news. I was able to establish positive relations with the Kaguya and Ryuutei Clans of Kirigakure. I also received a letter from one of the Ryuutei Clan's brightest shinobi. Miyu Ryuutei. She has been suffering from depression and neglect....when I first met her in Kiri we shared a very close connection and by the glory and grace of Jashin I converted her to the Faith. She felt that she was alienated in Kiri so I was able to strike a deal with Kiri. I left them Lei Inazuma's body along with Yanagi's. In exchange, I was permitted to take Miyu Ryuutei back to Kumogakure where, with your blessing, she will be able to remain as a permanent Kumo ninja. As a result of this exchange, I was assured that relations between the villages have been normalized. While it may seem like a good deal for Kiri ultimately the loss of Lei's bloodline is largely inconsequential at this point. The moment Lei was captured his bloodline was compromised and I'd rather have a loyal and living shinobi than the organs of a dead one. Especially one that suffered from some kind of serious mental disease...."

Shimiko's face turned into a frown at that last sentence. The Cloudian Wonder had truly screwed her over in that regard.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Gear

• 2x Kālīkoroshimasu
    • 10x Serrated Kunai
    • Six Sai of Serration
    • Chinowakugumi Armour
    • Twin Tessen of Terror

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t344-shimiko-s-updates
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t260-shimiko-chinoike

Shimiko's ANBU Mask
    Nariko
    Nariko
    Raikage

Post by Nariko on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Shimiko was immediately helpful, although Nariko honestly would have been fine without her help. Still, it was appreciated as it always was. Just because Nariko could do things by herself didn't mean it wasn't nice to not have to. As they got started on the debrief that Shimiko was there to give to her, Nariko realized her armor was incredibly uncomfortable when sitting in a chair.

Listening to her former student, Nariko got up and began to doff her armor. As she pulled off her armor, her shirt lifted, caught on the armor slightly and briefly exposed her belly and chest to Shimiko. Nariko didn't care so much, as there were few people she trusted herself with more than Shimiko. Normally, she would have just waited to get comfortable until she was alone, but Nariko wasn't particularly willing to sacrifice comfort around Shimiko. If she couldn't relax around her, who could she?

She sat back down, pulling her shirt back down, and started to fill out her papers once again, much more comfortable this time around. Shimiko noted that her first trip to Kirigakure didn't go exactly as planned, and that she'd messed up with her emotions. Nariko raised her gaze from her papers to stare at Shimiko for a moment before shrugging. "To be frank, I didn't expect much less than a war with Kirigakure to begin with. Relations were already strained, I sent you there to try and fix them, but also so that you could get a strategic overview of the village, as I'm sure you did, or had your travelling genin do. The fact that we are, not only not at war, but also have a new member of the village is nothing short of astounding work."

Nariko almost never reprimanded Shimiko. She'd been angry before, that time in front of Mora where she had Shimiko go and fix the mess in the first place, but even then, it wasn't like she was fond of dishing out angry comments. Shimiko was pretty effective, even if she was a bit emotional. Her talents in combat were (almost) unrivaled, and her reputation certainly proceeded her. A powerful clan, the sister of the previous Raikage, ANBU Captain, and champion of her..... church.... Shimiko was worth risking war with Kiri for. They were a little worrisome as it was. And stubborn as well, refusing to deal with their monster of a criminal, Ken Tetsudashi.

Losing Lei was unfortunate, but they gained a new shinobi in the process, Miyu, who was sure to know a lot about Kirigakure as it was, and she'd gotten positive relations with the Kaguya and Ryuutei to boot, so how could Nariko even remotely be mad? Ah, her face twisted slightly into a bit of a grimace as Shimiko mentioned that she had converted Miyu to her faith, but ultimately was still positive in countenance. She was happy with Shimiko's doings.

"You did really well Shimiko, worthy of praise. Initial diplomatic failure means nothing, if in the end we still came out of it with a net benefit. That was your task, whether it took several tries or not. Trust me when I say I'm not mad at you in the slightest."

Total Experience: 4800
    Renown: 3500
    Ryo: 2,785,000
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B

Limit Break Points:

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t608-mizushima-nariko-updates
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t602-mizushima-nariko
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Jounin

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Yesterday at 12:34 pm

Shimiko wasn't in the least bothered or shy about Nariko getting naked in front of her. As a cultist she had seen quite a few naked bodies. She was more concerned about how Nariko would react to her admission of failure. Much to her surprise, the Raikage didn't chastise her. She remarked favorably on Shimiko's ability to get the job done. While it was a rocky start, she applauded Shimiko for restoring relations and getting Kumo the better end of the deal. Shimiko sighed a breath of relief and smiled. She then bowed politely.

"Thank you Raikage-sama"

It felt good to be acknowledged by her sensei in a positive manner. Nariko was never overtly critical of her but Shimiko had learned to be hard on herself. The woman had invested a lot of care, money, and time into her. She had always wanted her parents to be as supportive as Nariko was to her, and she felt that if that's what she wanted then she'd need to do her best to live up to that sort of encouragement. She had noticed that Nariko was less than thrilled about Miyu's conversion. The realization made her sad. She had hoped that Nariko would come around to the Church's presence but after its legalization she could sense the tension between her and Mora increase. Even when the two weren't in the same room, she could feel their animosity growing like a tumor. She dismissed the thought and continued her report:

"I am also pleased to report that the operation to have Ken Tetsudashi infiltrate the Society has been successful so far. We staged his release and I can confirm that we are in possession of his daughter Kaida, whom we can use as leverage against him. I'm currently hosting Kaida Tetsudashi at my place. She's our insurance that he doesn't go rogue and actually join them...."

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Gear

• 2x Kālīkoroshimasu
    • 10x Serrated Kunai
    • Six Sai of Serration
    • Chinowakugumi Armour
    • Twin Tessen of Terror

Shimiko's ANBU Mask

Current date/time is Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:31 am