Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

The First Encounter

Halcyon Yomi
    Halcyon Yomi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton | Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Ninjutsu, Armor Crafting, Fuuinjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo:

The First Encounter - Page 2 Empty Re: The First Encounter

Post by Halcyon Yomi Sat 6 Jan 2018 - 1:45

Rank didn't always matter, Nozomi was right on that, but it was still some form of indication to someone's own talent and abilities and thus made it rather annoying to know that Yomi was being beaten on her own specialty by Nozomi, who by all accounts was a mere stripling, a youngling fresh from the academy, in short: a genin."Hmm, eh...yeah sure, I'll just have to beat you down to the ground so all you can feel for the rest of a week is the bruises and cracked bones you'd get next time," With a bit of disappointment in her face, Yomi rubbed over her left arm which had already begun to form a bruise, same for her left side of her lower torso.

"To be fair, I wouldn't have minded anything while walking around with a towel and at the showers, it simply is natural to well...be naked, but not in here surrounded by everyone," When she realized she'd said this out loud, Yomi sunk a bit further into the water, with the obvious grin and smile of both men and women around he bath now becoming rather obvious. "Just get the towel, I'll put it on when getting out of here."

Laughing rather silly, the chuunin waited for Nozomi to return with the towel and get into the bath herself. The question about styles finally came and rather than arrogantly start spilling the beans, Yomi could only nod. "To be fair...the past tense is more or less appropriate here, so far as I know...my great grandfather was the last to have mastered all of the styles."

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: C

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Sat 6 Jan 2018 - 9:08

Nozomi pressed her even further, almost grabbing her shoulder to shake her slightly but deciding against it, her hand stopping half way. Instead, she elicited a slight groan from excitement. "Has, had, doesn't matttter, tell me about it pleaseeee?" She asked, giving her best impression of puppy dog eyes.

"I mean my clan had their own style too, but I have to be careful when using our jutsu because they aren't things we usually train with on a person. But we do a bunch of Nintaijutsu, and it's optimized to be used with the Spring Chant style because our strikes don't need the strength that Arhat offers. Thay isn't to say I haven't learned it, of course I have, I like to learn everything Taijutsu." She said excitedly, almost bouncing in the water.

Her eyes lit up as she talked, literally, the luminescent green and blue shined brighter, although that was due in part to her relaxation helping restore her stamina. Of course it only helped emphasize how excite she actually was.

Yomi might have noticed it during their fight, her eyes grew more and more dim the more Stamina and Chakra she used, losing their shimmer and growing dull. They always started out very bright though, a unique pair of eyes that wasn't even a doujutsu.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton | Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Ninjutsu, Armor Crafting, Fuuinjutsu
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 15:46

"Has and had always make a difference, I did say that he was the last one to have learned all known styles of our school...up till now," Yomi winked for a moment, making it obvious that her goal was still the same, even though Nozomi did prove to be the more proficient talent in taijutsu, the chuunin still had one thing going for her: if Nozomi was much more adapt to it, she just had to be much more destructive, removing the aspect of adaptability versus pure power. "I just want to know all the styles there are, but the one I truly want to master and not just know, is the forbidden style of the Jigoku no Ken. According to the scrolls of my great grandfather, it incorporated destructive power of taijutsu with the sublime precision of Ijutsu, creating a style which was built for elimination and extermination, a killer's style."

It was not a lie, there were many things she had been told when she was little by her grandfather. He used to tell her about how her great grandfather had fought against Uchihas and Senju of the Leaf, how he had stood up against the best of the hyuga and had even stood his ground against many known swordsmen of the mist. Her grandfather nurtured her dreams, her sadistic tendencies and most importantly her brutality, her drive to be an absolute and undeniable killer.

"According to what I know, the Jigoku no Ken, when fully mastered would allow a single Taijutsu master to be able to face an entire squadron of shinobi," It wasn't a lie, as one of the scrolls did mention a few techniques that were so outrageous and spectacular that it was undeniably a really powerful, but hard to master style. "That aside though, you seem to be recovering...your eyes are all shiny and you're regaining your color a bit. You know what...When I've at least learned the basics of the Jigoku no Ken, I want to test it against that peculiar style of yours...who knows, you might even adapt some of it into your own style and I might pick up a thing or two from yours."

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 17:20

Nozomi's grin never faltered, and perhaps grew even wider as Yomi touted and explained the Jigoku no Ken style, a mixture of Taijutsu and Ijutsu to boost the user to incredible heights. Going so far as to place someone at such a level higher than an entire squadron of shinobi. Nozomi wanted that sort of power, that sort of ability. Her father's and family's style was powerful no doubt, but she wasnt so stuck in her ways that she would only use one style. If she could take parts of many different styles and add the strengths of each, she would be the strongest Taijutsu user ever.

She nodded eagerly. "I would love to learn a thing or two about this Jigoku no Ken style. I don't think I would ever be able to master it, I'm not a medical user, but the pinnacle of the human form I can do. I want to push myself to be the best that any fighter ever could be. I mean, my family's nintaijutsu is useful, but it's the use of the ninjutsu that makes it strong, not the Taijutsu." she said, dropping her hands into the water, grabbing her knees while leaning towards Yomi so she could speak quieter.

"All that petal stuff, the dashes and quick movements that allowed me to move, that's just ninjutsu used with an application of Taijutsu. It's the basics of our nintaijutsu. Our usual combat would have the petals weaponized around our hands, punching things at high speeds to annihilate any opponent. I haven't learned it all yet, but I know the very basics, and have more to learn. It'll be much much stronger at higher levels, but my dad is waiting to teach me the higher level stuff til I'm 'ready', although I don't know when that'll be. I just want to know it all so I can forget about him and be on my way." she said somewhat quietly and bitterly.

Leaning back somewhat, forgetting about keeping herself covered by her hair, Nozomi's arms stretched out to hold her up as she leaned against the side of the bath as she looked up to the ceiling. "I think, well, I hope we can become friends. It'll be fun getting to know you and your style." she said, knowing they wouldn't be staying for much longer. They had washed off, and were replenishing their stamina and relaxing, but it would have to come to an end soon enough, and then they'd part their separate ways. As much as Nozomi didn't want to do that, it didn't seem like anything was going to happen privately, and she wasn't the type to ask, at least so soon. She didn't even know how.

Post by Nikuyo Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 22:18

(Since this is the place where you two are, despite the timelines being a bit iffy, just assume this takes place at the end of this training session you guys are having right now. No need to end it right now if you don't want to, just ignore this post until you're done)

One chuunin made his way to the training grounds with two messages in hand. One for a genin named Nozomi and another for a chuunin named Yomi. He was dressed as a generic Kirigakure chuunin would be with no particularly defining characteristics. Once at the training grounds, he would search until he found one or the other of the two. As luck had it, the two of them were training together. The chuunin would wait patiently, out of sight unless they were actively searching for him. He didn't have any problems waiting, it just meant he had to do less boring shit than a NPC would normally have to. Once the two appeared done, he would approach them and bowed his head in acknowledgement. "I have a message from the Mizukage for the two of you." With this short message, he would hand each woman a scroll. The message inside was the same, and after delivery the chuunin would disappear in a puff of smoke.

The message written within was crafted with perfect penmanship, with nary a line out of place in the flowing cursive. It would read as follows:

"Burn immediately after finishing this scroll. Sensitive information contained within.

A short time ago, the Land of Water had a squad of scouts go missing without a trace. The only clue was something big and fast killed them. A kage summit has decided that each village will send a squad of shinobi to investigate this strange creature, thought to be in the Land of Lightning. You are to be one of these shinobi, selected for your potential. The official rank of this mission is A, so pack carefully and thoroughly. You are to leave tomorrow at dawn. Report to Makahshi Kereko there. He will have the rest of your orders."

Items:

Spoiler:
    Halcyon Yomi
    Halcyon Yomi

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 14:40

Having had quite enough of the bath by now, feeling completely rejuvinated and spurred to train even harder and more intensely by her new comrade, Yomi quickly wrapped the towel around her athletic body and looked down at Nozomi for an instant. "It would be rather unfair if I were to try and learn your style, but you couldn't learn the one my family holds in such high regard...after all,
    as you know very well by now, I'm not really constrained when it comes to variety of skill."

Just to prove her point, the chuunin pointed at the water they were surrounded by, giving a rather eerie smirk. After all, just like the kid she got to know pretty well by now, she too had considerable mastery over the suiton element and any water in her vicinity only made her stronger and more dangerous. "I'll return to the training area for a bit, got to see if there are any other people worth watching...it's never a bad time to spot some talent, don't you agree?"

With that being said, the kunoichi left the bath and walked over to the lockers to get herself dressed again, somehow havin the feeling that today was more special than any other time, yet she could not grasp why she felt that way or why she had the feeling that something was brewing. However, she wasn't exactly someone to run a slow pace and since she wore rather simple and casual clothing, she got dressed relatively fast, spending most of her time on her own shoelaces and tying her hair in a short ponytail.

Right as she got out of the bathhouse, she apparently got spotted by another shinobi, who handed her a letter which from the looks of it came from a high ranking official. "Nozomi...erh,
    you need to read this!!"
    The kunoichi yelled, wether or not Nozomi was with her or still in the bathhouse. The letter came directly from the Mizukage...interesting at the very least.

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 16:49

"I guess it wouldn't be that bad to watch for some new talent. I mean, if you hadn't been there, you wouldn't have met me, so I see your point." she said in response, getting out of the water and drying herself off, wrapping the towel around her. She was small enough that it covered her modesty completely. Following along directly behind Yomi, Nozomi padded along with light steps, following close by Yomi.

She held the Chuunin in high regards, something that was rare. Her exposure to other shinobi wasn't exactly the best around, and she didn't really think anyone worth her time was nice enough to form any sort of friendship or comradery with so far. She'd met with some of the genin she graduated with of course, but they weren't at her level and it showed. Likewise, people like her father or her sensei, Makashshi, were just plain assholes because they were better. Not even a whole lot, Nozomi was able to contend for a while, and was obviously good at what she did, but she received no praise for her abilities. She was seemingly scolded for not being stronger, able to last longer, or other issues she hadn't yet overcome. She was only a genin, and while she was treated as a genin, she was also held to a higher standard than anyone else.

Yomi didn't really care beyond her own pride that Nozomi was a genin. She treated her like a peer, and Nozomi appreciated it. She couldn't wait to show her up and get stronger, to prove that her family's technques were superior to Nozomi's taijutsu. It was refreshing. And she'd shown kindness to her. Sure, it was a reciprocated, 'you wash my back, I wash yours' but that very same act was something Nozomi had never had with anyone. Yomi was the type of person Nozomi wished was her sensei, a figure to look up to. To be like. To help her grow.

Naturally, she gravitated towards Yomi, following next to and slightly behind. They reached the lockers, and Nozomi got dressed, her clothes feeling nice as she was starting to be self conscious about her nudity, and picked up her bags which had been stocked with her training supplies. Meeting up with Yomi, they left the bath house, immediately set upon by a messenger. Reading the message herself, Nozomi was a mixture of excited and annoyed. "Are you kidding me? A high ranking mission! Sweet! But why does it have to be with my sensei? He's such an ass." she said, the bitter-sweetness of the moment not lost on her.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 18:46

"I do reckon that proves my point, no?" Yomi responded with a smile to Nozomi's comment. "Observation is key to finding worthy opponents and funtastic fights."

The smile on her face vanished rather quickly though, when just like Nozomi, the chuunin finally read the entire letter. It was indeed a high ranking mission, in a way it would've been too high for any normal genin fresh from the academy, but perhaps Nozomi could pull it off thanks to her talent and Yomi probably wouldn't have any issues herself either, simply because she was just that: Yomi. However, the name of the jonin that was going to be leading the mission was slightly if not incredibly less interesting.

"Of all the F'ing jonin to pick, he picks Makahshi Kereko?" A sigh escaped Yomi's lips as she crumpled the letter in her fist and threw it on the ground, letting it soak into the mud until the paper had been completely desintegrated by the moisture and dirt. It was obvious that she was pissed, extremely so. "I could've done this, we two could've done this,
    but for crying out loud, why did the Mizukage have to add Kiri's most bloated Jonin for this mission.If that buffoon even dares to order me around, Kirigakure will be one jonin short."

With that being said, Yomi called off her observation and stormed off in anger to prepare herself for the mission. Her quietness should've made it apparent for Nozomi, that now it was perhaps best to leave her be.

Exit Thread

trained techniques:

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 22:29

Nozomi found it interesting that Yomi knew who Makahshi was, as he was her sensei but she hadn't known him prior. She agreed with her assessment and was kind of glad that Yomi was in agreement. Maybe she meant what she said and she would kill Makahshi if he tried to order her around and Nozomi would have been lying if she said she didn't wish it to be true.

She didn't like Makahshi, and held no care for him. If he died, he died. She was only using him for the training, although she was mostly just training herself. Still, the fighting from the day had left her drained, and while she had relaxed a little, she had to prepare for the next day.

Parting ways with Yomi, the young blonde went home, ready to sleep and prepare for the mission.

-Exit thread

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 15:40