Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Zhengti's Jutsu

Zhengti
    Zhengti

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: B
    Ryo: 50,000

Zhengti's Jutsu Empty Zhengti's Jutsu

Post by Zhengti Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:05 am

Name: Ash Petal Resonance
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: 1
    Range: Self
    Speed: N/A
    Element: N/A
    Skill: Kugutsu
    Classification: Personal/Unique Booster
    Requirements: Jinton
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: By using his bloodline, Zhengti is able to focus his magnetic chakra inward and target his brain. The introduction of these magnetic waves to particular brain regions induces a forced meditative state, stimulating and clarifying his mind and increasing his perception by two pluses which is considered unique.

Additionally, he can choose to impart additional magnetic frequencies into his mind, increasing his perception by another two pluses of generic boost. However, each time he does this his intelligence suffers two minuses as he devotes more of his consciousness into maintaining this state.
    Weaknesses: In description.

Name: Ventriloquism  
    Power: E
    Activation Cost: 1
    Range: 60m
    Classification: Sunagakure
    Requirements: Chakra Strings + Kugutsu Skill
    Parent Technique: Puppet Technique
    Description: A secret technique of the puppeteers of Suna who have furthered the art more than any other, this allows the puppeteer to vibrate the strings which manipulate the puppet and create sound, acting as a long range voice box as the name would imply. They an also modulate the voice to their liking.
    Weaknesses: Voice modulation is dependent on the user's coordination, able to fool those with a perception of equal to or lower than said coordination.

Last edited by Zhengti on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Zhengti's Jutsu Empty Re: Zhengti's Jutsu

Post by Akame Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 pm

How exactly does he get the chakra string through his skull and into his brain? And how does a technique that controls physical movements enhance your non physical stats (Perception and Intelligence)? Making your brain move certain ways isn't going to make you smarter or more perceptive. It would probably hurt like hell, actually.

"Death comes for everyone. I'm just moving you to the front of the line."
    Zhengti
    Zhengti

Character File

Post by Zhengti Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 pm

The strings just go up through the base of the skull with the spinal cord, or they could just go through the skull like chakra scalpel can go through outer tissues. I can just attach them to the brain stem/spinal chord if that sounds better though. And I didn't mean for the strings to move his brain around but to kind of shoot chakra into the brain and oscillate at a calming frequency that triggers the meditative state that heightens focus and intelligence.
    Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:33 pm

But like, the strings come from your fingers. They have to physically enter your body and attach to whatever you're trying to attach them to. How, exactly, would you accomplish this without puncturing something in your skull and causing internal damage of some sort?

Zhengti
    Zhengti

Character File

Post by Zhengti Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:04 pm

I guess I just assumed it could go through his body. Like how the chakra scalpel selects which tissues it interacts with. If that doesn't sound good I can change the technique of course.
    Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Chakra scalpel is meant to cut things, not control them. If you can find a way to explain how you can even get the string inside your head, we can work with this. I can tell you now that it won't be able to boost Intelligence, as a Chakra String is not going to increase how much knowledge you have about the world.

Zhengti
    Zhengti

Character File

Post by Zhengti Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:13 am

"Unlike regular scalpels, the chakra scalpel can make cuts inside the body without actually creating an open wound, limiting the risks of an infection."

I was referring to this part of the chakra scalpel jutsu. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Just meant that it was apparently able to bypass select parts of the body and affect others. If that does not matter or help I'm still more than happy to rework this, just thought the strings added an interesting flair and a nice drawback as well.
    Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:39 am

I understand what you were referring to. Chakra Scalpel cuts things inside the body without cutting the skin, but chakra strings are highly condensed threads of chakra that have never displayed the ability to go through things as far as I'm aware. Since this utilizes those threads, you need some way of actually getting to your brain with those physical strings for this to work.

Zhengti
    Zhengti

Character File

Post by Zhengti Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:36 pm

I have reworked the jutsu and I think it's better now. Also added that this is his unique booster.
    Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:47 pm

The power of this should be C. Unique Boosters can only boost a maximum of ++ for a Unique Boost, everything after that is considered generic. Being a Unique Booster, the power is also counted as one rank higher than the given boost. With the ++ from the Unique Boost, that's all you could have with an activation of 5 and the upkeep would need increased to 3. Now, if you want it to remain at 1 you could penalize another stat of yours while this is in use or increase the activation cost by 5 while retaining the ++. Any other boost you have after this will require either an offset in another stat or an increased cost associated with the boost. At S rank activation and B rank upkeep, you could have a maximum of one tier and ++ as a boost without penalizing another stat to further increase the boost or lower the cost. I will say that I like the idea and the utility of this in a team situation. It's unique, so let's make sure we can get it approved.

Zhengti
    Zhengti

Character File

Post by Zhengti Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Thank you. Before I go any further, the technique does required the Puppet Technique to already be active, which has its own upkeep, and reduces the absolute max amount of puppets that can be used by 10% per time/string used. I don't know if that sort of drawback counts for anything but if I use this on two of my allies that's 20% of my possible weaponry made unusable.

Also I misread the unique booster ability part. Sorry about that. If I wanted this to just increase perception by say a tier would it be better to make it non-unique then? Or could I have the first 2 pluses be the unique boost and the third plus be generic?

I did add 1 more technique also. I hope that is ok.
    Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:07 am

Ash Petal Resonance- Oh, transcranial magnetic stimulation. I like it. For 5 Stamina, you can get one Generic Tier or you can get a Unique 2+. To add that Generic Plus, you'd have to increase the costs to 10 (activation) and 3 (upkeep). For the second tier, as Tsuyo said, you'll need either a drastic increase in cost or to equally lower another stat. As a puppet user, you might find many situations where losing Speed or some other physical stat might be viable in exchange for an increased Perception.

The loss of finger availability is a drawback, but not a particularly strong one. That could offset some of the cost, but it's not so potent that it really justifies a full + all on its own. I understand that with lower Coordination, it might affect you more, but we do try to consider most possibilities when judging techniques and in your case that involves high Coordination, since that's what most Kugutsu users will focus on. So you can make the drawback worse, like requiring a whole hand to be out of use, to get a free boost, or you can keep it as is and reduce the activation cost by two.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    Zhengti
    Zhengti

Character File

Post by Zhengti Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Alright, I reworked this and I think it is better now.
    Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:36 am

The loss of Int needs to be equal to the gain of Per. Is this a one time boost, or can it be repeated and stacked?

Ventriloquism is good.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    Zhengti
    Zhengti

Character File

Post by Zhengti Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Fixed. It can be stacked one additional time for the second set of pluses while losing now 2 minuses to intelligence.
    Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Zhengti wrote:Name: Ash Petal Resonance
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Range: Self
    Classification: Personal/Unique Booster
    Requirements: Jinton
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Description: By using his bloodline, Zhengti is able to focus his magnetic chakra inward and target his brain. The introduction of these magnetic waves to particular brain regions induces a forced meditative state, stimulating and clarifying his mind and increasing his perception by two pluses which is considered unique.

Additionally, he can choose to impart additional magnetic frequencies into his mind, increasing his perception by another two pluses of generic boost. However, each time he does this his intelligence suffers two minuses as he devotes more of his consciousness into maintaining this state.
    Weaknesses: In description.

Name: Ventriloquism  
    Power: E
    Activation Cost: 1
    Range: 60m
    Classification: Sunagakure
    Requirements: Chakra Strings + Kugutsu Skill
    Parent Technique: Puppet Technique
    Description: A secret technique of the puppeteers of Suna who have furthered the art more than any other, this allows the puppeteer to vibrate the strings which manipulate the puppet and create sound, acting as a long range voice box as the name would imply. They an also modulate the voice to their liking.
    Weaknesses: Voice modulation is dependent on the user's coordination, able to fool those with a perception of equal to or lower than said coordination.

Approved

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm