Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

The weekly training [nozomi]

Halcyon Yomi
    Halcyon Yomi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton | Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Ninjutsu, Armor Crafting, Fuuinjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo:

The weekly training [nozomi] Empty The weekly training [nozomi]

Post by Halcyon Yomi Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:32 am

It had been a few weeks since she had made her acquaintance with the spectacularly gifted genin Himitsu Nozomi, not to mention since they'd gotten their message that the two of them would be part of some sort of task force to deal with certain important tasks for the village hidden in the mist. In the meantime though, Yomi had held her end of a certain deal that had been made between the two of them, having made a whole set of armor, boots, gloves, the works for Nozomi so she'd be adequately equipped for the job.

The chuunin was rather proud of her more recent achievements, having made said aforementioned outfit for Nozomi and having trained in the style she was boasting about before, just for the sake of keeping up with th young genin in terms of taijutsu and the use of it.

With all that in mind, the chuunin went to the training area, hoping to find Nozomi there and if she wasn't there, at the very least, she could still do some training on her own, either of which was fine for her. "Since we're here, we could just as well try some basic routine training," the kunoichi sighed as she arrived at the training area, noticing that the entire field was surprisingly empty compared to the usual times she came by the place. It seemed she'd have no other choice but to go for some solo work outs after all. "Ah well, guess I'll just practice the basic stuff a bit."

Taking off her cloak and armor, flexing her muscles a bit, the chuunin walked over to one of the wooden logs at the center of the field and after some pre-workout stretches, she started punching the log, continuously launching a one two punch with each hand against the wooden log, feeling pretty good about her progress of the last few weeks. "Just a bit more, a tiny bit more and I'll be unstoppable."

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: C

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

The weekly training [nozomi] Empty Re: The weekly training [nozomi]

Post by Nozomi Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Nozomi and her father had been training further into the training grounds, more isolated than most. Her father had been helping her perfect a couple new Jutsu that he'd recently shown her, the development of his daughter as a weapon of immense power going quite well in his eyes.

It had actually been a quite long a fruitful training day for the two of them, and Nozomi was quite exhausted, considering she'd been going at the training for most of the day. The petal techniques of her family were dangerous up close, but even more deadly when applied to a range, and that was just what she was learning.

Still, eventually they had to call it quits for the day, as Nozomi had a high priority mission soon, and needed to have her rest so she could actually be useful on it instead of tired and exhausted. It was on their way out that Nozomi spotted Yomi, turning to her father and excusing herself. "I need to talk her, father, I'll just meet you back at home."

Jogging away from her dad, the tiny blonde jogged up to Yomi, waving enthusiastically. Hopefully she would be glad to see Nozomi, cause she was sure happy to see a friendly face and get away from her dad

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton | Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Ninjutsu, Armor Crafting, Fuuinjutsu
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Yomi had been bussy with her own training for quite a while now, already having given up the idea of actually seeing anyone interesting or maybe Nozomi to come around, but right as she wanted to take a break, her eyes wandered a bit, noticing the genin and someone looking quite a lot like her, but older and male with her. The chuunin wondered if this person was the father Nozomi talked about before, the one who more or less had beaten the family style and practices into the young girl with the intent of making her stronger. Yomi had to admit that she bore no hatred or ill-will towards someone that dedicated to make their child stronger, even if the way in which it had been done was rather... crude.

Well, at the very least it seemed the genin was there, which was important, after all...Yomi wanted to try and sell her newly made stuff to this genin and more importantly, the chuunin was certain that the genin could use a more decent outfit, especially with the thought of that mission closing in. It was important after all to be ready for a mission and that included having decent protection just in case things went south.

"Oy, girl," The chuunin simply raised her hand and pointed at the rucksack laying near her coat and armor, showing off the goodies was part of the whole appeal after all. "Got you some stuff for the mission, that is if you want it anyway."

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 pm

"Oy, girl?" Nozomi repeated slightly incredulously, pouting. "How are you going to do me like that? Yomi, my name is Nozomi! You know that, you even made me some stuff, you have to know that!" It was fairly obvious she was just joking around, pretending to be insulted. Her interest was pulled towards the rucksack that contained the goodies that were for her, and her heart fluttered a bit.

"Gosh though. Something for me. Thats... the nicest thing ever." She said, moving towards it and opening the bag, peering into it. Her jaw dropped open when she saw the set, putting the bag down and pulling out the stuff piece by piece. "Oh gosh, these are great! Of course I want them, how much are these going to cost? I got like, I dunno, 40,000 ryo or something like that, but I don't really know how much that's worth. Money and it's value aren't something I really get." She admitted somewhat freely. People tended to take advantage of that fact, and regularly had her pay more than she needed to for things. She never noticed of course, as she had made no effort to further understand the value of a ryo.

She wanted to try them on, but wasn't going to until she'd paid for them, and stared at Yomi waiting for her response, clutching the body armor to her chest. "With these and my new jutsu, I'll be fully mission ready!" The smile she gave was not one of joy and elation, but more of anticipation of the fights to come. She was almost ready to take on any challenge.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:37 pm

"I could still go back to the old way and just call you 'kid' if you want?" The chuunin laughed when noticing Nozomi's pouty face, just unable to refrain herself from teasing the younger girl simply because it was so much fun and the girl's reactions really never seemed to fail in amusing Yomi. Still, when it seemed that Nozomi was more than elated with the idea of having had Yomi making some stuff for her, the chuunin just couldn't deny that the kid was just gosh darn cute in these moments of naivity, which compared to her demeanor during a spar was one hell of a difference.

"Yes, all for you...I thought given the fact we're supposed to be going on a mission soon, you'd be more than happy to have an upgraded outfit that's more suitable for combat and the outdoorsies, if you know what I mean," Yomi flexed her toned arms a bit, grabbing a towel from the rucksack's sidepocket to wipe off the sweat she'd formed during her morning work out. She pointed at the set and looked at Nozomi. "So...we've got Military combat boots,
    good for some firm kicking. Military combat armor, military combat pants and military combat cloak and not to forget the military combat gloves, which are super comfy and good for punching someone's teeth out with moderate comfort and ease."

A salespitch targeted solely towards those who actually did punch and kick the majority of the time, so basically perfect for someone like Nozomi who's focus did seem to be a combination of ninjutsu and taijutsu primarily. "Also...no, it'll be less than half that, Nozomi...let's see...a full set,
    ten percent discount...eh, that will amount to eighteen thousand ryo."
    All Yomi wanted to see now, was Nozomi's jaw drop to the floor in awe for such reasonable pricing.

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:37 pm

"No, no, please don't call me kid." Nozomi shook her head fast. She didn't really want Yomi to think of her as a kid, and for any chance of her winning the older girl over, she'd need to be thought of as at least a peer. "Girl is fine if that's my only option, but Nozomi would be better. Or you could at least add friend to the end of girl." She stuck out her tongue playfully.

Blushing, she moved on from that line of discussion, placing the armor on the ground and rooting around her pack for her money sack. She usually kept it on her as her father instilled in her the notion of distrust in banks. Having access to your money was much better than having money but not being able to use it. Besides, she trusted her ability to defend her own money better than the ability of some strangers.

"18 thousand is fair I think, but I think 20 thousand is a better number. It's like half my earnings and an even split and saves me the headache of counting." She said, handing over 20 thousand ryo to Yomi, and then she began immediately stripping down to her underwear to put on the armor. It fit well and was very comfortable.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm

The chuunin simply smiled when the girl started to complain again about being called a kid, it was actually quite fun to tease this young genin a bit, just evoking her annoyance was more than satisfying. However, when Nozomi finally decided to take a look at the entire outfit Yomi had created for the girl, the chuunin was actually quite surprised that she'd give her more than she'd asked for, granting her a decent bonus of a few thousand ryo just because she didn't seem to like counting, Yomi couldn't really disagree with such a statement, seeing as she actually hated the entire process just as much.

Suddenly, just when Nozomi had stripped down to her underwear, Yomi jumped towards the genin, standing right in front of her, pressing the index finger of her left hand against the young girl's chin and trying to slightly raise Nozomi's face towards her own, so she could look straight into the genin's eyes. At the same time, her right hand slowly and gently slid accross the skin from Nozomi's thigh up to her side and at the side of her chest. "Hmm, I think I did have your meassurements correct," Yomi's eyes were rather cold, looking at Nozomi with interest, but not with emotion. However, there was without a doubt some tinge of desire in those cold eyes, a desire to know just how good this genin truly was and if she had progressed since the last time. "I'll let you put on the armor, so we can see how much you've improved since the last time we've had a match."

Flicking her fingers upwards, Yomi turned around and walked over towards her own armor and her coat, putting only her armor on, while placing her coat and other belongings aside. When that was done, the chuunin took some distance from Nozomi, waiting for the gening to get fully dressed in the new outfit. "Let's play, shall we?" With her legs slightly spreading, the woman raides her arms, stretched out her hands and grinned at Nozomi, showing her nearly animalistic teeth.

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Nozomi felt a tingle run through her body as Yomi moved in, placing her finger on her skin. As her eyes were directed towards Yomi's, her basic motor skills failed her, her body growing stiff. She didn't really hear what Yomi said, the blood rushing through her head making the sound a little hard to focus on, although she heard the next part.

Regaining her composure, Nozomi resumed her task of putting on the armor, starting with the pants and boots, followed by the body armor and gloves. For now she left the cloak off, deciding that giving Yomi the ability to grab anything on her during a spar was not desired fully, and moved a little, feeling the weight of the armor and letting herself get used to it.

As she had thought, it was comfortable, and wouldn't get in her way, and would probably help her take a few more hits, if she was unlucky enough to get caught by a strike. She wouldn't let Yomi's arm extending trick catch her this time thougj, and she was sure that they were on a much more even base line skill than lady time.

Placing her left foot in front of the other, her left leg straight, and her right leg bent, in her classic Spring Chant stance, she let her weight balance on her left leg, her arms and hands pointed towards Yomi, open palmer in front of her. "Ready when you are." She said, waiting for the older girl to take the offensive.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Noticing how Nozomi seemed to find the outfit rather comfortable enough to take only a mere instant to get into a rather peculiar stance, Yomi smirked when the genin made a seemingly straightforward taunt towards the chuunin, more or less requesting her to make the first move. It was rather refreshing to finally have some fun again, fun to loosen up her stiff muscles, which she'd been using nearly non-stop just with the purpose of creating those outfits for the both of them. However, this time the chuunin knew better than to use her gamechanging techniques right from the start, with the confidence of Nozomi being obvious to her, Yomi decided to simply test the genin's progress first.

"Very well," Tensing the muscles in her legs, the chuunin launched herself towards Nozomi, the ground whipping upwards from the moment she took her first step. Even if this was but a spar to test the genin's remarkable proficiency in taijutsu yet again, Yomi was certain that Nozomi knew how exactly the chuunin conducted her spars: merciless.

Utilizing her full speed, Yomi rushed towards Nozomi, only to come tto a complete stand still and instantly raise her left leg when she was within reach of the genin, aiming to see the progress made by her friend first hand by trying to land a hit straight at the side of the genin's face with her foot. "Let's see how much you've grown."

Stamina: 79/80

techniques used/active:

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Nozomi's stance allowed her incredibly great dodging defense, as she had but to shift her weight to another foot and her entire body's normal center of gravity would change, allowing her to falsely present where she was in close combat, even if only slightly. That was really all she needed, though, and was able to react fairly calmly to Yomi's vicious kick, delivered after a fast launch forward. Shifting her weight to her back foot, Nozomi's head and most of her body were naturally leaned backwards, the kick sailing past where her head had only moments before occupied, the wind from the kick moving her hair a little.

Even as the leg passed her, Nozomi's quick jabs started. She had mastered the stance of Spring Chant to a high degree, but she lacked any dedicated attacks utilized by the stance, and was forced to just use the basic options available. Unfortunately, her strikes would lack the power she could produce using the Arhat Fist and it's stronger techniques, but she was more dedicated to the faster strikes that she could launch with Spring Chant.

Shifting her weight back to her front leg, as she pushed off with her back leg, Nozomi's one step moved her far closer to Yomi, keeping herself as close as possible, as her style warranted, hampering the attacks and movements of those unfamiliar with the stance itself. Launching her right elbow to the inside of the knee that was still airborne, Nozomi sought to deal even a small amount of damage to the weaker underside, and make it harder to stand. As her right leg came down, she aimed her foot at the inside of Yomi's ankle, which was planted firmly on the ground and supporting all her weight as it was, Nozomi stepping into Yomi's own occupied space with her own weight. Her left arm remained poised to stop any counter-counter that Yomi might launch before it could fully complete, the only attack she could see Yomi launching would be from that side, as her other leg and Nozomi's elbow were actually protecting her entire right side, and both of Yomi's legs were occupied with their own tasks.

Her face was one of passive concentration, focusing on the fight at hand rather than any sort of quips or careful planning, as she wasn't a quick enough thinker to out plan Yomi in the long run. She had to take each step, each attack, piece by piece, rather than planning ahead into the end game, beyond dealing some damage to the weaker areas of her opponent, to put her down right from the start, or at least make it incredibly difficult for her to continue for long.

Stamina:79/80

Techniques used:
    Spoiler:

Relevant Unique Abilities:
    Spoiler:

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:43 pm

"What the?" Yomi had expected Nozomi to show some progress, but that she suddenly showed such a speed of movement and such excellent coordination was in fact quite mind boggling. Was this part of that style she had mentioned the last time they had sparred, had she finally mastered that style? Whatever it was, the chuunin had practically no time to react, watching nearly helplessly as her own kick flew right above Nozomi's quickly lowered head and how the girl instantly took a step closer to the chuunin herself, completely invading her own operative space and effectively cutting it off.

There was no time to react or counter in any way, so rather than try and stop the girl's quick move to unbalance Yomi, the chuunin simply buckled through her leg from the start, lessening the impact of the blow on the inside of her leg and simply rolling over to ensure she'd manage to make some distance between them again.

"Ok... didn't expect that," Yomi jumped straight up to her feet again, feeling the sting and strain on her anckle, right where Nozomi had so graceously placed her foot. The chuunin realized that if she had not loosened up her muscles at the time of impact, she would've probably ended up screaming in pain and agony. The kid really did lose all semblance of humanity when fighting, quite fun and interesting to see how a timid person could turn into such a brutal fighting machine.

"Very well, let's show you something new as well than," Yomi instantly bent through her knees, closing her eyes and raising her hands in front of her in a rather calm and concentrated fashion. In an instant, her chakra burst out in a combination of deep red and dark blue shades, her muscles slightly bulking up and becoming more defined. She began slowly sliding her feet around, seemingly testing the ground and her opponent, before suddenly opening her eyes again and showing a fierce and determined look in them. "Here I come..."

As fast as she could, with but a few steps, she instantly threw both of her hands forwards in a double palmthrust with both of her hands placed opposit and against one another, her fingers held like claws to substantially strengthen the damage and power of the impact of her thrust should it connect to Nozomi's gut. This was the Jigoku no Ken, or the Hell's Fist she had mentioned before, showing that not only Nozomi had made progress in learning Her family's style.

Stamina: 59/80

Techniques Used/active:

Stats/active effects:

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 am

Nozomi's attack was fairly successful, forcing Yomi to collapse herself to prevent more damage from happening to her, a grin forming on her face as Yomi distanced herself slightly. Perhaps it was cockiness, or arrogance on her part that stopped her from pressing the assault on Yomi while she was reorienting, but Nozomi stayed put, letting Yomi regain her footing. Turning to face the older girl, Nozomi gestured to her to continue.

She watched as Yomi's chakra burst out of her, her muscles bulking up and becoming more defined, piquing Nozomi's curiosity. Flipping through the handsigns for Oculus Enhancement, Nozomi's vision sharpened as the chakra lense covered her eyes. If she was stronger now, this fight would be much more interesting, and deserving of her full perception. Her stance mirrored that of what she had opened with, although a slight shimmer of petals formed around her feet as she activated her Misty Petal Step technique.

If Yomi was going to utilize her Jigoku no Ken, then Nozomi was going to use her Petal Dances, although minus the main offensive portion of it. Yomi launched herself forward faster than Nozomi would have thought she was able to, only able to follow the speed of her body motions through the enhanced focus of her Oculus Enhancement. As far as her body motions, somehow Yomi was even faster than Nozomi's base Spring Chant allowed for.

Side stepping to the left and sweeping her right arm down to knock the thrusts off to harmlessly pass by her, Nozomi was surprised by the strength behind them, unable to fully pass the attack by her, catching one of the palms to the side of her gut. Due to her new combat armor taking out some of the oomph of the strike, and her Misty Petal Step lessening the grip she had on the ground, Nozomi was still mostly okay, although she did feel some of the air force out of her lungs.

As her Misty Petal Step was active though, and the strike hit her on the right side, Nozomi's body twisted, spinning with the momentum built up by Yomi's own strike, and Nozomi wasn't about to miss the opportunity for a counter strike. Her left arm launched forward, her body's momentum perfect for pouring out a full forced and full speed left palm right to the side of Yomi's face. A small application of Misty Petal Shift to her left hand made the attack even faster, on par with Yomi's own strikes, petals buzzing around the two of the harmlessly.

Her weight shifted to bear on her left leg as she brought her right knee up, another Misty Petal Shift activated, this time on her right foot in order to increase the speed of that attack to the same level, aiming to Yomi's gut as well, the attack coming only moments after her palm strike had.

A grimace was on Nozomi's face from the strike Yomi had issued her, but she was elated that Yomi was so strong, and definitely a worthy rival. A smile of pure ecstasy and joy radiated from beyond the grimace of pain. Yomi hadn't lied, if this was actually her family's Jigoku no Ken technique that she'd spoke about before, then it was absolutely a fantastic one that was worth mastering.

Stamina: 72/80

Techniques used:
    Spoiler:

Relevant UA's:
    Spoiler:

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:59 pm

An almost feral growl left Yomi's lips when she noticed that Nozomi was about to try and get away from her Chrysantemum technique, which the girl actually almost did. To make things worse, it seemed Nozomi's own techniques were a perfect counter against Yomi's brutal force, as she used the momentum of the incoming strike to deliver a rather unforseen palm strike of her own, which strengthened by the speed of the girl's body twisting and turning around ended up knocking the chuunin to the side. However, as Yomi's face snapped back towards Nozomi, her eyes quickly tried to follow the girl's motion, yet were not trained to fully be capable of doing so, thus ending up only following the trail of Nozomi's assault.

Alas for the girl, what the chuunin lacked in perception, she greatly made up for in sheer intelligence and though her mind was becoming clouded by the very style she was utilizing, her instincts were as sharp as her intellect. Having already felt an empored blow connect to her face, the chuunin now possessed the knowledge on how much physical strength the genin truly had and though it was not to be trifled with, Yomi knew that with the very armor she had created and her own considerable fortitude, she could take whatever Nozomi would dish out.

So by sending even more chakra through her muscles, Yomi weaved one of her hands towards Nozomi's incoming knee, swiftly redirecting it to the side, aiming for Nozomi to end up losing her balance, after which the chuunin's hands slammed together and she took a single step forwards, basically copying Nozomi's earlier tactic by completely entering the genin's personal manneuvre space and suddenly making three fast jabs with her fingers extended as if her hand was a blade towards her opponent's left inner upper leg in a swift counter.

Not willing to let up, Yomi's knee swiftly shot up with the intent of hitting the genin's chin with full force, almost completely letting go of the fact that this was supposed to be a friendly match. It was a side effect of the Jigoku no Ken style, that it's user would forgo of any and all humanity and in Yomi's case, it was her humanity which kept her from attacking any and all people that she deemed threats to her own success.

Chakra: 45/80

Techniques Used/active:

Stats|active effects...be amazed:

Spoiler:
    Nikuyo
    Nikuyo

Post by Nikuyo Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Hizashi detected the two signatures he had been searching for at the same spot, about as convenient as one could get, turning towards them and continuing at a leisurely pace. He didn't care about getting to them quickly, he was just doing this because the time wasn't right to tell that old man Nikuyo to eat a sack of gravel. Funny that he called Nikuyo an old man, considering who he was. Ah, but thinking about something that could not happen yet was pointless. Finished reflecting, he would pick his pace up and reach the two women as they were reaching the climactic portion of their spar. Hizashi would stay back to let it play out as long as the two wished to go, only willing to speak if they stopped sparring each other and recognized he was there.

Once they did that, he would tell them what Nikuyo had ordered him to. "Hello there! I'm sure you probably know this already, but I am Hozuki Hizashi. The Mizukage sent me to deliver a message to each of you. Makahshi Kereko has been disbanded as leader of the mission you were supposed to begin recently, and Kotsubo Hoshigaki has been reassigned. He will send for each of you once he's ready to depart, so I would rest up if I were you." With that, he would bow to them before disappearing in a puff of smoke. He did not care to hold a conversation with the two of them, there were administrative duties he had to take care of and simply did not have the time.

Items:

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:25 pm

As Nozomi's strike landed true, a grin plastered on her face, although her next attack was subverted in a manner that she herself would have probably dealt with it. Rolling with it, Nozomi planned on using her momentum to spin her into another strike, but she felt three quick jabs from Yomi strike her leg, even faster than usual. The pain wasn't anything special, but when she went to plant her foot down, she found that she couldn't support her body's weight, and collapsed to her knee, catching herself with an extended arm. "What'd you do?" Nozomi asked.

Taking a break from the spar, assuming Yomi didn't continue on with it, Nozomi rubbed her leg, trying to get the feeling back in it. "Your armor is very effective, takes the oomph out of most of the punches. Seems like you can ignore that though, doesn't it?" she laughed. "But that's good. You're probably better than me right now, I would lose in a Taijutsu fight for the moment. I mean, I'm not using my Petal Dance to it's utmost, I don't want to cut you to ribbons, but I like that jab jab drop you have."

Assuming that Yomi ended combat then, it was at that point that Hizashi addressed the two of them. She breathed a sigh of relief when she heard that Makahshi was no longer in charge of the mission. "I don't know who this Kotsubo person is, but he's probably loads better at being in charge than my sensei. I'd have killed him, and I can actually do that now."

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 pm

So the assault worked, that was at the very least some sort of relief, but Yomi despite noticing that she had rung through and despite the fact her jabs had granted her a nice advantage in this fight, was quite annoyed when Nozomi suddenly seemed to slack off, taking a break from their spar and effectively ruining the momentum they had. However, the break did show something to the chuunin to which she had not been aware earlier: the godawful drain that the Jigoku no Ken style seemed to have on her chakra reserves.

"Just a side effect of the style, that's all... it's precision strikes hit your nerve bundles and thus rendered your leg useless for a while, no worries, it wears off pretty fast," The young woman started panting, realizing that she had actually begun to reach her limit and as such decided to take in a deep breath and let out a long sigh to cool herself down and to effectively take a break of her own. "The style's useful, no doubt, but by the sage of the six paths, the drain and strain really are a hassle to deal with."

Slumping down next to her stuff, the chuunin took out a towel and two bottles of water, throing one towards the genin. "So yet again, we're relegated to support... kind of annoying,
    don't you think, Nozomi?"
    The chuunin hardly even looked at Hizashi, feeling rather prickly given the fact that the mizukage yet again didn't seem to deem the both of them good enough to handle a mission on their own. "So basically, we go from support for one idiot to support for someone else. Ugh, if only I had been a jounin already, this wouldn't have happened."

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:49 am

Nozomi figured out exactly how fast Yomi meant when she started to get the feeling back in her leg. Moving it around, she felt satisfied that her leg worked completely fine. She smiled at Yomi, rubbing the muscles on her leg to make it a bit more back to normal. "I mean, it works really well, even if it is draining. Like I said, I don't think I could currently fight back after being hit by that, cause I wasn't really expecting to not be able to move my leg. In a real fight, the follow up would have ended me, I hesitated when my leg collapsed." she stood up fully, now that she was able to put her weight down on her leg again.

"I actually could really use a technique like that, my clan's Petal Dance is used similarly, but we take a 'maim them until they can't move their limb' route, rather than a pressure point paralysis. Maybe I can get some Sealing techniques that assist in that, I dunno. Non lethal takedowns are more important at times, obviously, and I have to hinder myself in spars by not using my Petal Dance." She reasoned out a little bit.

Mostly ignoring Hizashi, as he wasn't all that interested in sticking around either, she just shrugged at Yomi's statements. "I don't really think of us as support. We were chosen for a reason. He's just the squad leader. I can fight on par with Jounin, and I have some really useful high ranking jutsu. You can fight on par with a Jounin as well, and have your own skills. He's a Jounin himself, so his experience is probably useful, plus he's got skills. If he isn't good, he wouldn't be chosen, and if he was mistakenly chosen and proves to be a hindrance, I'll just kill him and continue with the mission." She spoke very matter of factly, not really having any issues with killing a Jounin should she need to, even a team mate.

"And, who knows. Do well on the mission, and maybe you'll be promoted on the spot?"

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:04 am

"You no doubt would or could've found out how to best deal with it," Yomi chuckled softly, hiding the fact that she wasn't exactly joking. Nozomi was far too great of a talent, a prodigy to underestimate and the more the girl grew, the more the chuunin began to feel the frustration of losing ground and becoming less and less of a worthy shinobi in Kirigakure. It seemed as if every time Yomi thought of herself to have grown stronger, Nozomi simply one-upped the game yet again. "I was beginning to wonder if my focus on taijutsu was smart to begin with. I could've just gotten my skills in Ijutsu a bit better and I could've polished my ninjutsu a bit more, yet now I'm stuck with a taijutsu that drains me so hard that it forces me to finish off any opponent within a few minutes."

Letting out a sigh, the young woman stood up again, leaning backwards until she could feel the muscles in her back 'pop' the air out. She could still feel the strain and the fatigue that was washing over her wasn't exactly the most pleasant of feelings around. "Jounin or not, if he proves to be just as delussional and deranged as that Makashi, I'd be damned if I followed their orders." Just letting out a chuckle, the chuunin threw away the empty water bottle and walked up to stand right in front of Nozomi. "An instant promotion on the spot, now I do like that idea...but if anyone, wether they be genin or jounin stand in our way... it won't be pretty, heheh."

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:53 am

Nozomi shook her head. "No, I don't think I could have. I would have just used a body launching jutsu to move myself out of the way. I might have like.... used that one technique to manually shift my leg or something, but fine tuned movements would have been difficult and drawn my attention."

She wasn't trying to downplay her ability, she had actually frozen up when she couldn't move her leg. Since she relied mainly on instinctual fighting, drilled into her practiced maneuvers to the point that they were second nature, when she was unable to do so, her body tended to freeze up. Her mind had to make up the next decision, and that moment of thought for planning meant hesitation as she needed to think of what to do.

Sure, she was able to fight at the level of a jounin, but it was through use of techniques, and wasn't her natural ability baseline. Body mechanics and other jutsu helped her maximize her current potential, but to those that naturally held those levels, they could adjust to sudden changes much easier than she could. She just didn't have the level of experience that they did. That's what really set her apart from them, experience. Although, Yomi was correct. Pit somebody against the two of them, and it was likely they wouldn't be able to stand in their way without taking massive damage.

"You're probably right. I don't follow people who just like to jerk themselves and think they're just the best and don't have any backings. But I don't know Totsuba, so for now, I'll have to assume he's a worthy Jounin, and I'll at least listen to his orders."

OOC: Okay, this next post, you can exit, thanks for the extra post ^_^

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Halcyon Yomi Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:58 pm

"Modest as always, aren't we?" Yomi chuckled after hearing Nozomi seemingly try her best to explain that she wasn't able to do anything when her leg got paralyzed. However, even despite that reasonable explanation, the chuunin felt as if she still had to train harder, she had to find a way not to win by just brute force, but by completely dominating a fight from start to finish.

Using techniques was fine, but if one could not control said techniques and got controlled by them in stead, it would be a failed effort and Yomi knew this. The Jigoku no Ken held great potential, but the strain it presented to her body made her all the more aware that she had yet to fully master the style. In fact, she was affraid of it, she was affraid of the very style she had sworn to make her own, feeling it would swallow her up completely if she did not keep her wits about it during a fight. "I guess we'll only know how good we are when we're facing something else than just our own two selves. Not to sound rude, but I'm starting to know your weaknesses and you no doubt have found some gaps in my own fighting style and techniques. It's good when we're competing, but...to truly know our limits, we'll need to have a bigger target and if this mission gives us what we want, I'd even accept being second fiddle."

With a smile on her face, Yomi put on her coat and grabbed the rucksack which had now been emptied of its contents. With a quick jump, she stood next to Nozomi again, placing her hand against the genin's chest in a rather gentle manner. "Give me some time, I'll make sure to make even better armor for the both of us... you just make sure to give me any details on what could be made better on your stuff and I'll provide it. By the way, this Kotsubo fellow's a Hoshigaki, is he not?
    That means we might have a neat training partner next time around."

[Exit Thread]

techs learned:

Sold Military combat set:
    1x Military combat armor
    1x Military combat cloak
    1x Military combat gloves
    1x Military combat boots
    1x Military combat pants phase II

Earned: 20,000 ryo

Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:29 am

Nozomi smiled as Yomi put her hand to her chest. Her heart fluttered slightly, but she didn't say anything about it. "I guess. As long as the armor works, the look is great. Just, the better it can protect, the better it is, long as it doesn't restrict my movement. And maybe he will be a good partner, I don't know, depends on how good a fighter he is."

With that though, they needed to prepare for the mission. Nozomi gathered her things, and headed back to her place to get prepared for it, buzzing with excitement that their mission might finally get underway.

[exit]

-20,000 Ryo for buying armor from Yomi
    Bought Military combat set:
    1x Military combat armor
    1x Military combat cloak
    1x Military combat gloves
    1x Military combat boots
    1x Military combat pants phase II

Trained at the top of the page right before this thread:
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content