Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Compensation for dying?

Taichi Kotōshura
    Taichi Kotōshura

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: D
    Ryo: 17,725

Compensation for dying? Empty Compensation for dying?

Post by Taichi Kotōshura Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:03 am

I wanted to discuss a possible compensation for when players lose their characters, as a way so players don't lose total motivation to continue on the site, by this, I mean when a player loses their character to a high risk plot thread, or a thread where characters can be killed at any time.

Just as a start for this discussion, what if players can send 50% of earned EXP from their character who died towards a new character? and only earned EXP, so let's say someone who starts as a Jounin at B-Class start off with 3000 EXP for their character, and that certain character's total experience goes up to 8000 from doing missions and threads etc, earning the 5000 legitimately and can only get the 50% of that 5000 earned exp should their character die, and not any of the 3000 starting exp for that jounin, and when they make a new character can put 50% of that exp towards the new character.

As far as I know, I don't think there have been any real high-risk threads and there won't be for a while, but I thought this might be worth bringing up so if players were to lose their character, everything they've built up for that character doesn't go to total waste.

I'm not thinking it should definitely be 50% exp compensation, I just used that as an example rather to bring the idea that players could be compensated for building up their character just for them to bite the dust later on.
    Rin Matoi
    Rin Matoi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu | Weapon Crafting
    Class: D
    Ryo: 0

Compensation for dying? Empty Re: Compensation for dying?

Post by Rin Matoi Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:29 am

Taichi Kotōshura wrote:I wanted to discuss a possible compensation for when players lose their characters, as a way so players don't lose total motivation to continue on the site, by this, I mean when a player loses their character to a high risk plot thread, or a thread where characters can be killed at any time.

Just as a start for this discussion, what if players can send 50% of earned EXP from their character who died towards a new character? and only earned EXP, so let's say someone who starts as a Jounin at B-Class start off with 3000 EXP for their character, and that certain character's total experience goes up to 8000 from doing missions and threads etc, earning the 5000 legitimately and can only get the 50% of that 5000 earned exp should their character die, and not any of the 3000 starting exp for that jounin, and when they make a new character can put 50% of that exp towards the new character.

As far as I know, I don't think there have been any real high-risk threads and there won't be for a while, but I thought this might be worth bringing up so if players were to lose their character, everything they've built up for that character doesn't go to total waste.

I'm not thinking it should definitely be 50% exp compensation, I just used that as an example rather to bring the idea that players could be compensated for building up their character just for them to bite the dust later on.

I feel like as an RPer you should be well aware of the risks in an open world RP. Some people tend to see death as a loss of progress, whereas some see it as an opportunity to build a new character. It entirely depends on your mindset when dealing with risky threads. Generally, if you don't want to risk your character's life, you would try best to avoid high risk threads. There are also many ways to avoid death, such as Perception Saves and Destiny points, as well as any other conventional means of survival. However, this is an open world RP and real world risks are attached.

Allowing a random/new character to benefit off another character's experience seems unconventional.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm