Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Nippori

Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 750,000 Ryo

Nippori Empty Nippori

Post by Kim Chang-Min Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 am

Nee-san walked through the streets with his hands clasped behind his back. The pedestrians gave their Kage a wide berth as was expected. Before he had even reached the door to Nippori's, there was a greeter posted in the front of the eatery to receive him. Nee-san preferred to take his meals in private but occasionally the need to eat out struck his fancy. He wasn't about to give Masuyo a salary just yet nor was he about to promote her but at the very least he felt obligated to take her to dinner. If she continued to serve him well then it was possible she'd receive far more than a dinner date for compensation. The Kage did not even turn around to see if she had followed him although he didn't need to have his eyes on her to know that she was following him in silence.
    Nee-san stopped in front of the restaurant. A fat butler bowed profusely and spoke in a booming voice.

"Lord Tsuchikage! Sincerest apologies! We were not expecting to be blessed with such an high honor on this day. I will immediately announce your presence and clear out the entire restaurant!"

"You will do no such thing. I'm here to enjoy dinner in the company of a beautiful woman not to flatter your employer with my presence. Prepare a private booth for myself and Masuyo" he was obviously referring to the woman behind him. The butler was smart enough to take the hint that brazen flattery and grandiose pronouncements would only serve to ruin the restaurant's reputation in Nee-san's eyes. He would then lead them to their booth without a peep.

The door was opened for them and Nee-san would walk through as if he owned every square inch of land that his foot touched. The establishment was high end but not so high end as to sacrifice food quality for appearance. He had been told by Menza that Nippori struck an excellent balance between atmosphere and cuisine. The majority of the restaurant's money was invested in the cook's paycheck as opposed to expensive architecture and decorations. Nippori was known for its yakiniku and Menza had assured him that the meat was of the finest quality. He did not think or care to inquire what Masuyo thought of the cuisine as it really was of no consequence to him. They were led to a private booth towards the back of the restaurant in an area that was quiet and somewhat dark but somehow grander in appearance. The Tsuchikage gestured to her seat and would allow her to sit first. He then took his place in the seat opposite her and would begin speaking. If she looked like she was about to talk he'd hold up his hand to indicate that she should be silent. Nee-san despised women and their yammering but he found Masuyo's demeanor tolerable.

The waiter approached but a cursory glance from Nee-san told him to stay away. The man's eyes were hidden but his expression made it clear he wished for them to be alone.

"I am pleased with what you've done for Iwagakure so far in your career. I wanted you to know that your accomplishments have not escaped my attention" Nee-san did not feel the need to give a laundry lists of Masuyo's dedication to training the youth. His brother had been a noted instructor at one time and had spoken highly of the published Iwagakure Standardized Combat Manual. "You have also been helpful in certain sensitive matters" He was of course referring to keeping a watchful eye on Kameko Amandi. Nee-san folded his hands and placed them on the table. He looked at Masuyo for awhile before continuing. "I think your track record speaks for itself and its the reason that I've selected you for a very special mission".

"Not long from now I plan on moving on Sunagakure. I had an agreement with its Kazekage and I intend for him to keep that agreement. I fear he may be deceased and I have yet to receive a cogent response from whoever is leading the country. I need you lead a scouting party in to the desert to find the village."
    Rin Matoi
    Rin Matoi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu | Weapon Crafting
    Class: D
    Ryo: 0

Nippori Empty Re: Nippori

Post by Rin Matoi Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:24 am

Masuyo had little idea where Neesan intended on taking her. It was not often he confronted his clients directly. If administrative matters were being discussed he would have sent a messenger. It was enough to lead Masuyo to believe it was something either really good or really bad. For him to come all the way out to even the stone fields showed how inclined he was to have this meeting. Regardless, Masuyo made it certain to not speak out of place. She was well aware of her Kage's personality, his most notable being his general disposition towards women. Now that I think about it...it's probably why he had me keep close records on Kameko. She must've gotten on his bad side. Masuyo was not offended by his outlook on her gender. She was a bit of a tomboy herself, so any general insults towards femininity or typical female prejudice mostly went over head as not offensive. Though, she was not a complete dyke. In fact, the most obvious feminine feature about her was her appearance. It was contrary to the popular conception of tomboys having male-like appearances. Masuyo liked to pride herself as being one of the most beautiful Kunoichi in the village.

Passing the road leading to the business district really aroused her suspicion. They shortly arrived at their destination, Masuyo's eyes glancing at the name of the establishment. Her eyes widened, mouth watering as she swallowed a mouthful of saliva. The two were immediately greeted by a large man. More or less of a kiss-ass... Masuyo preemptively smirked at his pathetic attempts to flatter the Tsuchikage, the Jounin knowing well what his response would be. Though as it turned out, Neesan was rather professional with his response, and even went so far as to mention Masuyo's presence with him. It inevitably caused her cheeks to blush a feint shade of pink, as compliments served as her general soft spot, no matter how short or descriptive they were. They were both led in shortly afterwards.

She stood out rather sharply in contract to the Tsuchikage and the patrons of the establishment. She was dressed in her standard combat gear as a Shinobi. Neesan was dressed sharp, as usual, and the other patrons were casual. She was the only one armed to the teeth, lightly armored, and somewhat revealing. Masuyo wore the standard gear most Shinobi in Iwagakure wear. Her footwear consisted of standard black sandals fitted for comfort and security. With the toes and heel left exposed they provided additional balance, while the rest of the foot up to the ankle was protected by the thick material of the sandal. The soles of the sandals are reinforced with hardened material to resist heavy impacts and wear. Fishnet tights draw from her feet all the way up the entire length of her legs designed to fit snugly and providing minimal warmth while still remaining breathable in hotter conditions. A pair of tight black shorts reach down nearly five inches above her knees. White bandage wrap is wrapped around her right thigh which has a navy blue holster strapped over. Around her waist she wears the basic utility belt which carries two green holsters on her right side along with a tool pouch around her back side and a canteen to the far left. She wears a red lapel on her left side extending down to her knee not interfering with her access to her tools.

A red top is worn with loose sleeves reaching down just a little past her elbows. This is reinforced with a brown leather flak jacket provided by Iwagakure's armory which serves as issued the issued armor. This is accompanied by an additional tool pouch which is wrapped around the abdomen facing the front instead of being on the rear. On both hands Masuyo wears a set of fingerless black gloves backed with small steel plates providing comfort and protection. Around her neck Masuyo wears her forehead protector as a collar. The black cloth is tied in a knot around the back side of her neck with the steel plate facing the front for identification. The steel plate has Iwagakure's emblem engraved on the front. Masuyo has straight black hair which extends down to her mid back. Two strands of hair drop down touching her chest which leads into her bangs which are cut shorter and swept to her right side. She stands at 5'9 weighing approximately 145 lbs. Her fair skin is complimented with her voluptuous form which is completed with a pair of hazel eyes.

Although she was dressed the way she was, it was at least some of the latest equipment. Generally, Chuunin had to deal with the "hand-me-down" type of gear. She at least had access to the newer stuff, the leather on her flak jacket not being faded or cracked, and everything else being rather clean in comparison. Being led to the private booth Masuyo nodded at Neesan's gesture for her to seat first. She was at ease, seating herself and getting comfy as the Tsuchikage joined her. The approaching waiter and Neesan's dissuading glance let her understand the situation in full: business first.

She had waited for Neesan to speak before anything. After all, his body language assured her he was in control of the meeting, and very much well the establishment. Their meeting began with acknowledgement of her performance. She was a sucker for these kinds of scenarios. It was one thing to realize when getting older and advancing in the professional field that compliments became more and more scarce. It was one thing to be flabbergasted by a young Genin and their achievements, though as time goes on performance becomes more of a "just do your job" type of deal. So to Masuyo, compliments were especially welcomed. Her face blushed again as she responded with a silent, yet cheerful visage. Though as quick as her gratitude came she shifted to a more serious demeanor as the objective portion of their meeting began.

A mission? No longer a request? Her back-thought of Kameko earlier raised a bit of worry. She had actually not been in contact with Kameko for a little over a month. Being more invested in other duties and training her other two Genin she more-or-less fell of radar being tasked with the simple duty of augmenting her smithing skills. Her activity was unknown. If anything, she could have stepped out of line. At this point, Masuyo would be tasked to execute her. Following quickly after his last statement his words quickly clear the air and any suspicions she might have for Kameko. He was to the point with what he wanted from Masuyo. She was pleased to know she would be participating in group to help locate the Sand Village. Although it did take her away from her village and students, she was still an active Jounin, and was sometimes needed away from her desk.

The Kunoichi would finally speak in response to his final statement. "On our campaign, what would you like us to do once we locate Sunagakure no Sato?" Masuyo expected the operation to be a lengthy one. Locating a hidden village was not an easy task. Most villages have not bothered due to no intention of arousing suspicion. Shinobi Villages served as military strongholds. Any foreign Shinobi caught sulking around in the native's land would certain be alarming. Masuyo being accompanied by a scout team would seem more like military campaign than basic land management. Was he expecting confrontation? Is that why he wanted her to act as general security? There was a lot she wanted to know, and if the Tsuchikage was a more endearing figure she would be more comfortable to talk his ear off, though she would approach her questions slowly. One at a time.
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Masuyo clearly enjoyed the compliments he had tossed her way. His read on her was spot on. She thrived on attention and positive feedback like most women did. He only doled it out when he felt it was justly deserved and when it served his own interests. Masuyo would be wise not to get used to it. The Jounin was wise to ask what should be done once they find the village.

"Mark down its location and report back to me immediately. I will handle the rest."

The success of the mission was critical but once they knew where Sunagakure was then Nee-san could take his time before giving it a more personal visit. He was relying on Masuyo to protect the scouts at all costs but he did not expect her to kill any of its Nin or destroy any of its infrastructure. He would need to preserve good will with Suna before he made his move. Nee-san would listen to any other questions and answer them, once Masuyo was finished asking them he'd wave the waiter to return. The man brought menus but Nee-san did not so much as glance at it. Like any endeavor, he already knew exactly what he wanted.
    Rin Matoi
    Rin Matoi

Character File

Post by Rin Matoi Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:57 pm

She would nod in response to Neesan's reply. Her mission would be as easy as simply locating the village rather than a planned sabotage. The Tsuchikage did mention having an agreement between the Stone and Sand. This led her to assume the villages are working on establishing an alliance of sorts. It appeared she has little to worry about in terms of dealing with foreign enemies. The regular environment and potential highway man or roving bandit pack will be her only threats, but even then she would be accompanied by the scouting section. Although they had their own purpose on the campaign they were still very capable fighters. With Masuyo as backup, any convention and even Shinobi threats would be met unless met with an offensive front. I never thought I would be the one to discover the foreign villages. I should do some research before I head out. Masuyo was more than capable of organizing the mission herself. She expected Neesan to give the scouting team a heads up, though.

"I will see it done, then. I will leave first thing in the morning tomorrow." The Jounin had nothing to add onto the mission. It was straightforward, and she had the needed resources to carry out the mission. Her previous mission scouting out the Land of Earth could be seen as a warm up for this type of deal. Although she was eager to see Kameko's progress that would have to be postponed. A hand gesture caught Masuyo's attention as she turned to the side, the waiter who previous attempted to wait their table approached with menus, setting up the two with their own to look over. "Ooooooo!" The girl coo'd in excitement as her face lit up in delight. She was unaware what the place served as first, having never visited. Occupying herself with the menu, her eyes trained sharply to corresponded with her stomach, she knew everything she wanted in first glance. "I want the ten piece of pork Gyoza to start. For my entree I want a beef gyudon, add egg, with extra pickled veggies. Oh, and three skewered Tsukune.
    To drink I'll have water and a pint of Kristallweizen."

Folding the menu she would hand it back to the waiter. As the waiter would shortly finish his business, if he had any with Neesan, he would depart to fulfill their order. This left Neesan and Masuyo in privacy again. This time, she would initiate a matter of business. "I assume you want to hear a status report about my student, Kameko." The girl would drag her eyes from the table stop to Neesan when addressing him. After all, it had been roughly two months since she received order about watching the girl. She would wait for a response before continuing the conversation. She was unsure how classified he wanted to keep the ongoing task.
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:31 pm

"I will see it done, then. I will leave first thing in the morning tomorrow."
    "Good"

The Tsuchikage nodded and said nothing as Masuyo gave an impressive order. The girl enjoyed eating out and was not shy about having her fill despite being in male company. It amused him that Masuyo defied many female norms. After she had made her order, he would give his own:

"I'll have squid sashimi to start out with then a beef negimaki with no teriyaki sauce and a bottle of your best Sake"

If they didn't have it they'd acquire it. The menus were collected and the two were left alone once more. Nee-san was perfectly content allowing an ominous silence to fill the space between them. He had little use for small talk and even less for small talk with a woman. Nee-san rarely experienced anything relating to grief or regret but it was moments like these were he found himself missing Marx's company. Masuyo spoke up and offered to give him a report on Kameko. As long as the girl was not causing trouble or conspiring to escape the village then he didn't really care what became of her. She was a bargaining chip that could be seized and used to ensure the Amandi Clan's cooperation if it came to it. But that was not necessary, the clan had not committed treason despite his decree limiting their movements. Nee-san was content with this uneasy peace although once he had settled the situation with Sunagakure he would need to pay back the Amandi Clan Leader's insolence. Knowing what Kameko would do and her capabilities would prove useful and so he would let Masuyo give her report.

"You assume incorrectly" he said bluntly. "There is likely nothing you can tell me about the girl that I don't already know but please...." Nee-san's eyes temporarily drifted to the far side of the restaurant.  A party of young men had arrived no doubt to celebrate a birthday or a marriage. "Enlighten me"
    Rin Matoi
    Rin Matoi

Character File

Post by Rin Matoi Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:20 am

Masuyo was taken back slightly by Neesan's reply. Not by insult, but surprise. She did not know what Kameko meant to the Tsuchikage. But if anything it was now clear the two had a negative relationship. Her duty to oversee her was not to accelerate her growth, but more-so monitor her. The waiter would return a moment after Neesan's request to enlighten him. He would set the bottle of rice wine down before Neesan with a small cup to hold the liquor. To Masuyo she would get a clear glass of iced water next to a frothy beer in a slender, headed glass purposed to hold her lager to give it the best results. "I was under the assumption you requested my supervision of the girl to give her some of the best growth in this village. Regardless, I last set her on the assignment of augmenting her metalworking capabilities. It's been a month since then, and she's already excelled every craftsman in the village. She's a natural genius when it comes to crafting." Reaching out to her pint of beer she rose the rim to her lips, closing her eyes as she slowly inhaled the head of the beer appreciating its notes before taking a swig.

It was ice cold with strong savory notes. Something she wanted to conserve until her food arrived to become the ultimate pairing. Though, she couldn't resist having a taste while it was still fresh. Setting the glass on the table she reclined setting her blows on the end of the booth she sat in, her eyes drifting off into the atmosphere of the establishment. It somewhat surprised her how she can have a meal with such a major figure head of the village, yet blend in the public just like ordinary people. It paid to keep a low profile wherever you went as a Shinobi. The two were expert at just that, as well as maintaining undisputed awareness of their surroundings. Being aware was more second nature to the Jounin that it was natural and didn't bother her. In fact, becoming too careless made her feel uneasy. That didn't mean she was unable to function like a normal person.

"It may serve to be in your best interest, as well as the village's, to sponsor her talent. The amount of dedication I find in her crafting ability is prestigious, no doubt. When viewed through the perspective of military power better arms and armor always serve faithfully in the hands of powerful Shinobi." Bringing her eyes back to Neesan's she grabbed her water, taking a small sip of the glass's edge before setting it down.
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Kameko's skill in craftsmanship came as no surprise. He had reviewed her file and a cursory analysis of her personality and aptitude told him that it would be good trade for her. Although he had hoped she'd also taken some time to hone her skill in Chemistry as well. Masuyo went on to praise her student and even recommended a sponsorship. In the abstract it was a good idea but given political considerations not a prudent one in practicality. He had not intention of rewarding the Amandi's insolence. They had punishment coming to them as opposed to money. Nee-san nodded politely as if he would take it into consideration and said:

"I will consider the matter carefully when our business with Sunagakure is concluded"

He poured himself some Sake and took a sip from it. Kameko's rapid development could be problematic if he did not constrain her carefully. At the moment funding was an issue given he had spent money on his own growth but once Iwagakure replenished its Treasury he would need to be careful with who he shared the village's wealth with. The last thing he needed was Kameko to arm the Amandi in preparation for some sort of insurgency.

The issue did however raise a secondary point that Nee-san wanted to discuss with Masuyo. He was under the impression that she had actually trained his nephew Jinn Tetsudashi. The insolent boy had not only refused his orders to return to Iwa, he had gone out into the deserts potentially putting the village and his clan at risk. He had not heard from Jinn since and had halfway hoped the boy possessed enough guile to avoid being captured and dissected for Suna's own gain Unfortunately, with each passing day the likelihood of him being alive diminished. It wasn't of serious concern to Nee-san as given the deal he had struck with the late Kazekage the two villages would soon be one and their secrets one another's. But if Masuyo was able to locate .Jinn then that would perhaps alleviate his older brother's spirits.

"It is my understanding you have trained one of my nephews at one time, Jinn Tetsudashi. Tell me your experience with him"
    Rin Matoi
    Rin Matoi

Character File

Post by Rin Matoi Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 am

Getting Neesan to consider her request was a start. Masuyo truly saw the benefit in having an experienced craftsman in the village, and would hope Kameko would get the adequate funding to be successful. Some forging appliances or even her own store would help the girl on her way significantly. She didn't particularly have a soft spot for the girl as much as she saw her usefulness to the village and herself in particular. The thought of a skilled craftsman being in her village gave her ideas to better arm herself. When he finished his statement Masuyo would reach for her water again, taking a sip amid the silence as the Tsuchikage poured his drink. Following that there was a break in silence. Neesan mysteriously asked about Jinn as well. She expected a report from Taichi, seeing as she had spent more time with that blond kid than the Tetsudashi. The fact of the matter was, Masuyo had not received much out of him.

"Hmmmm." Masuyo sat in thought momentarily, her eyes trailing off to the ceiling before fixating back on Neesan. "I wish I could tell you more. I encountered the lad roughly five or so days ago in the Stone Yard. He displayed some keen sense of combat being able to successful land a hit on Taichi, my other student. More of a glass cannon. He was unconscious at the end of the sparring match due to a cut and I had to drop him off at the hospital. At this point, I believe Taichi has surpassed Jinn." Masuyo assessed little about his personality. What she had to say pretty much summed his combat expertise. As it stands, Masuyo had not seen him in five days. She hoped to reunite with her students today, but she would gladly take the dinner offer over training kids any day.
    Rin Matoi
    Rin Matoi

Character File

Post by Rin Matoi Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:37 pm

In an instant the Tsuchikage fell face forward as she finished the last of her words, shades break after hitting the hardwood table and his bottle of sake spilling over. Masuyo was shocked for a second as her face expressed awe at the sight of the Tsuchikage doing something so unsightly. It occurred to her then that he required medical assistance. The man was out cold.

--------

Not long after the Tsuchikage was taken by medical Shinobi and admitted to the nearest hospital. Masuyo, after brief questioning, was allowed to go. She left the establishment in confusion and went back to her place.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am