Welcome Guest! You have made 0 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Random!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

The Valley of Jehoshaphat [Plot Thread]

Gin Akiyama
    Chuunin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire | Water | Bukijutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose
    Class: C
    Ryo: 30,000

Re: The Valley of Jehoshaphat [Plot Thread]

Post by Gin Akiyama on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Given his success Gin knew his self-sacrifice was not pointless. If given the option, he would take an ax every day over being cooked alive in the Dragon Fire Technique, which was capable melting stone to a molten form. It was not a technique for man to survive. Retreating he watched the bright flames do their work. As they settled, the man was left in puzzlement. "No way..." He muttered. Honiko stood in a small crater, completely unscathed. He thought his eyes were not seeing any notable damage, but upon further inspection she had no visible burns, despite her clothes being slightly tattered. Her appearance took on a change, her skin brighter, facial scar black, and hair blue. Gin was confused and mentally defeated. He sat on his knee watching as the pale woman dispatched shark boy without even moving. Or maybe she did? Perhaps she was so fast he did not even notice. Regardless, the swelling pain in his shoulder began to reside after his short break.

Finally, the Kiri Kunoichi who started this mess decided to jump in the fray. She came in hot challenging Honiko in close quarters. It was a risky move, and to his surprise, successful. Her physical strength was impressive to drive Honiko back, whom easily overpowered him in a grapple. This victory was short-lived, as she returned an equal amount of aggression. What mostly caught Gin's eye was the preparation of a large surge of water. The build-up of the shark man's Ninjutsu was on destructive proportions as the water began to tower higher and higher. He had a feeling the olive skinned woman would get caught in the destruction, given how occupied she was with taking down Honiko. Holding his wooden talisman in his hand he formed a single hand sign with it in his clasp, a faint green light emitting from his closed palm.

A large plume of smoke out mask a large area around Gin as out came a massive falcon at high speeds, soaring towards the two with its wingspan out. The falcon stood five meters tall and could easily be identified as unnatural. Just as Yomi's attack finish, whether she was successful in driving Honiko back towards the now rolling tide or not, she falcon would aim to grab Yomi from the fray within its grasp and soar towards the sky just as the water began to crush down where she recently stood. As the falcon passed by it's wings would aim to separate Honiko from Yomi by force if necessary, or prevent Honiko from pursuing them. Contact with it's wings would result in a razor-like cut. They would easily severe the woman in two if given the chance or maim her. Fact was, getting to Yomi would be stepping towards a wide sword stroke.

As Gin, Yomi, and the falcon would be lifted twenty meters above the new water surface the falcon would turn and face the attacker. His sharp eyesight would easily be able to identify her location, whether she was crushed by the wave and churning within the waters or found a way to distance herself from the water, the falcon would open its mouth. "Light 'em up." Gin said speaking to Big Bird. A visible sphere of condensed air gathered in its mouth before unleashing a barrage of what would appear to be small pellets of air. They would hail down in a ten meter diameter, with Honiko at the epicenter releasing a total of one-hundred and eighty pellets of highly condensed air. The bullets of air would riddle the water's surface and hopefully perforate the intended target in the process.

Gin:

Technique Used:

Summoning Technique | C-rank

Stats
    Strength: C
    Constitution: C
    Stamina: B
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: C

Chakra Usage: 107/120

Big Bird:

Technique Used:

Wind Release: Air Bullets | B-rank x6
    Steel Wing | B-rank

Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: A
    Speed: B
    Coordination: B
    Perception: B

Chakra Usage: 50/120

Spoiler:

Thigh Holster
    • 1 Kunai
      Belt Holster
    • 10 Shuriken
      Utility Belt
    • Canteen
      Hip Pouch
    • 15 Kunai
    • 2 Smoke Bombs
    • 2 Flash Bombs
    • 1 Chili pepper Bomb
    • 15 Explosive Tags
    • 1 Medium Blank Scroll
    • 1 Medium Engraved Scroll
    • 2 Tekken
    • 20 Military Ration Pills
    • 5 Blood Pills
    • Ink Well 125ml
    • Ink Brush
    • 10 Blank Sealing Tags
      Flak Jacket Scroll Holster
    • Small Water Scroll
    • Small Sealed Scroll
    • Small Sealed Scroll
    • Small Sealed Scroll
    • Small Sealed Scroll
    • Small Engraved Scroll
      Baldric
    • Naginata
      Spring-loaded Mechanism
    • 1 Kunai

Character Sheet HERE
    Blonde
    Special Jounin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton, Chemistry
    Ryo: 57,450

Post by Blonde on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 pm

The most that Simon can muster is a great deal of uncertainty as he continues waiting for the squad. Seriously? Where are they? In any case, the Kageyama's clone keeps watch on what's going down within the valley.

A series of blows are traded between a pair of women, both of which seem to injure themselves severely. It isn't long before a man that looks like.. a shark(?) seems to outright flood the battlefield. In a matter of moments, a torrent of flames, some other chick running forward, and a falcon with a guy on top of it prior seem to occur as well. It's fairly difficult to take in--the sheer intensity of the fight.

None the less, the clone stays on standby, collecting much-needed information that Simon wanted. It was disappointing to be doing this all alone, since he would have to pitch more into the report when it came around, but at least a whole group wasn't scouting the area out. It seemed that with how intense things were at the moment, that they were almost better off not having the full group here, yet.

'Heh. If we do get into any of this mess and I'm the one that's trying to be the savior and shit, I'm probably not coming back. Troublesome.'

"I'm not a hero or a villain. You ever hear of something called a middle-man?"
    Updates | App
    Spoiler:
    Stamina: C
    Intelligence: B
    Nozomi
    Genin

Post by Nozomi on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Nozomi had gotten lost, separated from Yomi while on her way following the large beast. It wasn't a cognitive choice for her to do so, every noise around her became static, and things had started to blur, but she kept on moving. She heard a voice speak in her mind, one unfamiliar to her entirely. It had been loud, booming, but strangely docile, not aggressive but slightly immature, as if still young.

"Nozomi, don't chase that creature. We'll end up dying if we fight it. Run away, and we can survive for sure."

She stopped her running, stopping in an instant, looking around her. There was nobody in sight. She raised her arms and shifted into a fighting stance, eyes scanning.

"I'm not out there. I am part of you." The voice called out again, and she noted that it came from her mind. It was at least partially true.

Thinking in her mind, she started to have a bit of a conversation, curious about what was going on.

Inner Sanctum:

Feeling like she was sucked into a world, she noted that her surroundings had both changed and not. On the outside, time had slowed to nothing, the world grey. She couldn't move and interact. Inside though, she was surrounded by darkness. She saw a glowing red and yellow eye peering out at her in the darkness.

"What are you?" she asked, a tinge of fear creeping through her voice. The chakra leaking from this massive creature was powerful and twisted. She'd never quite felt anything like it in her entire life.

"I am a Tailed Beast, the 3 Tails. You are my vessel. While you live, so do I. If you die, I get freed, but will scatter for years before I can return to power. You can choose to release me from your seal, and I can come out at full power, but that would surely kill you, and I doubt you wish that right now. I don't want to disperse yet, or get captured again. Run away from this fight, and we can survive." He explained, repeating his earlier request.

Nozomi's jaw set, indignantly. "Like hell I'd run from a fight like that. I plan on proving myself a competent, powerful kunoichi." It was her goal, after all, to find powerful people to fight, and beat. She liked the challenge, and if she lost, she'd get stronger until she won. It's why she like Yomi so much. That girl was smart, and strong, and was able to push her in her area of expertise. She was an equal as well as her superior. It was also why she couldn't respect Kotsubo. He'd fallen so easily, he was a chump.

The beast was silent for a moment as the eye pierced into her gaze, unwavering. Nozomi was starting to cower a little, unused to the prolonged staring. It was making her quite uncomfortable, and she had nowhere to hide from the constant piercing, when at last he spoke. "I will share with you a margin of my power so that we are less likely to die."

In reality, it was partially to help wear down on the seal, but he didn't really want Nozomi to die just yet either. She was a fairly interesting vessel, always finding good fights and doing training. It was entertaining to watch her life happen. Besides, reforming in many years wasn't his idea of a good time. Then he'd be tracked, beaten, and sealed again. It wasn't worth it when he could live a quiet life and do occasional favors with the girl. "Whenever you begin battle and feel yourself in need of my power, I will invest a small portion to you. If you need more, that can be done, but that will be at a price you may be unwilling to pay."

Nozomi was a little confused but rolled her eyes. "I'll try not to need your help. I'm sure I got this on my own. Even Jounin have issues with me."

The 3 Tails laughed a deep and rumbling laugh. "We'll see, little one." and with that, she began to exit her inner realm, the world around her becoming coherent again.

As her vision returned, and color swam into the world once more, she continued moving as if nothing had happened, dead set on finding Yomi, who had probably pulled really far ahead.

It took her some time to figure out where she was going, but by the sounds of battle and the large rumbling, flash fires and blasts of water, she assumed she was late to the party, and things had already kicked off. A large smile entered her face and she rushed onward to join in the fray, and saw.... chaos.

For one, there were shinobi abound, from at least Konoha, Kiri, and Kumo. One was carrying Yomi on a large hawk, and a sigh of relief exited her mouth. She had been worried at least in part by the sounds that maybe Yomi had gotten hurt. As far as the young girl knew, Yomi was a Taijutsu and medical user, but didn't have any skills other than that, at least not that she'd seen. Ranged things could be troublesome for those types of fighters.

Then there was the matter of Kotsubo. How had he even gotten there? And what was he doing fighting when he had proven to be useless against the Kumo-nin? Then again, judging by the water jutsu used, maybe he wasn't as useless as she'd thought. Her focus was more on the subject of the mass attack, but she couldn't necessarily join in just yet, as closing in wouldn't be a good idea in the midst of those jutsu. Not yet anyhow.

Total Experience: 2155
    Renown: 900
    Ryo: 20,000
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: C

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t381-nozomi-s-updates#2015
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t380-himitsu-nozomi#2009
    Link to Known Techniques: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t382-nozomi-s-jutsu#2017
    Natsuru Senou
    Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kyujutsu | Sensory | Engineer
    Class: D
    Ryo: 76,250

Post by Natsuru Senou on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:11 am

The group, or at least Natsuru, managed to catch up with Simon. The two minute wait time seemed like forever, plus more considered the state of the town their objective was located. Natsuru wears black sandals which cover both feet securely and tightly providing comfort and protection. This is matched with a pair of dark gray steel shin guards. The shin guards covered the tops of her feet all the way up to her lower knees. This was matched with a pair of black stockings which covered her feet and extended above her knees. Although made from cloth they were somewhat thick and provided minor protection. Natsuru wears black undergarments which are concealed by a long, black loincloth which extends just to the sides of her knees on the front and back still providing suitable coverage. Around her right thigh she wears a simple, small black leather belt. Attached on the belt is a dark gray lacquered scabbard sized for a tanto. Another black belt is worn around her waist which serves to hold her quiver located around her back side.

A mesh, sleeveless undershirt covered her body as a set of riveted mail is worn over the undershirt. As her primary top she wears a simple black leotard fitted to her body type. Naturally, her mail shirt beneath her top extends slightly down her upper arm adding some additional protection. On both hands Natsuru wears a pair of long fingerless gloves which extends just below her elbows made with the same material of cloth and quality as her stockings. These are backed by a pair of soft leather arm guards protecting her forearm and back hand leaving a small soft part on her wrist still allowing flexibility. Her bow is worn across her chest with the front of the bow between her bosom and the string running across her back, the natural properties of the bow clinging itself to her body. Over her torso is a black cloak that extended down to the backs of her knees with a down hood, the mantel thick and well-insulated.

Natsuru has very fair skin with an almost ink-like navy blue hair, which matches her eyes in the same regards. Her hair runs down her back inside of the cloak's cover down to her rear end with a few bunches of hair touching down her breasts. Standing at 5'10 she has a very slender frame which maximizes her role as an archer giving her a statuesque vibe. Alas, a highly decorated Indian-style necklace made of silver and ruby was worn around her neck resting atop her chest serving as a relish for the stunning Kunoichi.

As she neared the town the smoke could be seen from miles away, Natsuru preparing herself for the worst. She had her bow in hand off her body and an arrow held by the shaft in the other. Given a moment's notice she would be capable of firing an arrow to retaliate. She had her senses on high alert, including her Chakra Sensing Technique to pick up any potential goons that may want to ambush her. The signature she did manage to pick up as that of Simon, the lone blonde observing the battlefield. Natsuru trotted up next to him on his vantage point, relaxing her sensory and posture in general. "Amidst the fire and smoke you can see the Shinobi fight some pale Kunoichi. I'm assuming she's the antagonist who caused all of this. I need to get closer to get any sort of reading on their chakra. Do you think you could help me?" It was risky, though incredibly useful for Kumogakure. To understand the chakra nature, signatures, elements, anything else she could relate to the individuals involved.

Spoiler:

Right Thigh
    • Tanto
      Quiver
    • 16 Iron Broadheads
      Left Armguard
    • Smoke Bomb
      Body
    • Recurve Bow

Amakiir
    Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth / Bukijutsu / Ninjutsu
    Class: E
    Ryo: 0

Post by Amakiir on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:29 am

Yagami's nose caught the scent of smoke before he actually saw it in the distance, keeping to his position within the traveling group. He tensed slightly when he saw Natsuru take her bow and nock an arrow. Up to that point his thoughts about the kunoichi had been more a question of what the tactical advantage would be wearing such shiny jewelry into battle. By that point however, they had met up with the blonde shinobi overlooking the battlefield. Chaos reigned down below as steel clashed against steel, flesh and bone were broken in equal measure along with almost inhumane screams and cries of pain. He could see why they had only been assigned to a scouting directive on this mission, as being caught up in the havoc would more than likely just add to the body count. For now he knelt with a palm flat against the ground and quieting his thoughts, listening to the earth until they were instructed further.
    Honiko Yoshidara

Post by Honiko Yoshidara on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Meanwhile in Raiun's Temple

Balerion had blasted his way through the supernatural storm that protected Raiun's Temple. The Temple was set in a large compound with a monastery filled with dedicated warrior monks. This particular order was powerful albeit considerably less powerful than they had been generations ago. The purpose of this order of monks was to protect the remains of Raiun the Lightning Disciple along with his legendary weapon. Both the Disciple and his weapon (a sword of unmatched power) had been buried inside a casket which lay interred inside a massive and complex tomb. The warrior monks that were tasked with guarding and honoring the Disciple's final resting place had been among some of the finest warriors in all of Lightning Country. To guard Raiun's resting place was a supreme honor however as time went on and the veneration of Raiun ceased so did the need to protect his shrine. Many warrior monks were conscripted to serve their feudal masters, training became lackluster, and some of the monastery's best and brightest had been forced to teach in Kumogakure. The end result was a Temple filled with mediocre combatants. The Temple's leadership had become reliant on the mystical and protective thunderstorm that encompassed the Valley. They believed that they could turn to Kumogakure in case trouble happened although in the hundreds of years since its founding it had never once come under serious assault. Until now.

Balerion tore through the storm as he re-entered the atmosphere like a dive bomber. The dragon emitted a stream of pure white flame that evaporated some of the storm. It flew through the hole and headed directly towards the monastery. The monk's response was slow. In years past, it would have mobilized to protect the town that lay in the Valley before it. But its leaders had become fat, lazy, and corrupt. It was a degeneration that had occurred over the course of many centuries and it would culminate in a stunning defeat. By the time the monks realized what was happening it would be too late. Their best had spilled into the courtyard with all manners of spears, bows, and throwing knives in hand. Balerion unleashed a stream of fire, sending them scattering. The monks acrobatically leaped away and fled to several towering structures surrounding the main temple. They pelted the creature with their enhanced projectiles. Balerion grunted in annoyance at their resistance. He was in no mood to play with these trifling religious do gooders. The creature took evasive action and systematically annihilated the monks with a combination of strategic blasts of flames, destruction of the surrounding environment, an occasionally eating his opponents. While Honiko battled the shinobi, Balerion battled the monks dispatching them far quicker than his summoner. Whilst Honiko sought to test and provoke, Balerion sought to decimate with ruthless efficiency. Eventually any monk worthy of challenging him had fallen and the rest had fled out of cowardice.

The dragon flew to the top of the Temple and ripped off its roof with his powerful jaws. The Temple was massive and big enough for him to fit inside. However, he remained perched on the structure and emitted a stream of fire burning the ground before smashing and rending the ground with his powerful jaws. This process continued as he sought to burrow his way into the tomb using flame, claw, and tooth. In time he'd reach the casket and when he did Honiko would have what she had come for...

Back in the Valley

More roaches scattered into the area. Their presence appearing in Honiko's mind eye like blips on a radar screen. Most were barely worthy of her attention but one in particular had a curious taste to her chakra. The Sage's enhanced senses combined with her mastery of the most powerful sensing technique in the shinobi world gave her a clear picture of what she was dealing with. Her mood had gone from amusement to fear to anger. The shinobi that had been sent were not particularly strong but their penchant for teamwork along with their surprising competence had proven quite irritating. Nozomi, Natsuru, and Yagami's arrival only served to add to that. Especially Nozomi's. None of this distracted Honiko from the task at hand however. Her senses were too keen and sharp for that. The barrage of blows from her Senjutsu snakes had connected leaving Yomi worse for wear. The woman cursed in defiance before being kicked to the edge of the crater. Honiko was poised to unleash her snakes to continue the combination when she heard mutterings from Kanna's location. The rumblings of a plan echoed through the air at a volume low enough to be silent to almost anyone except the Sage. She had managed to to not only overhear the details of Kanna's plan but could make an educated guess on the shark man's next move. In that split second she reacted without missing a beat. She took off at full speed whilst Yomi's body careened away from her. She forewent the snake attack and allowed the Kiri-Nin to rocket backwards while she re-positioned herself such that Yomi was squarely in between her and Kotsubo's attack. As she moved, she formed a singe seal. A clone materialized behind her. The speed of her movement and execution of the seal made it so that its apparition was concurrent with her arrival to her new location just 10 meters away from when she had first delivered the kick. From there, both her and her clone would form a seal then they'd inhale deeply before exhaling a stream of fire.

The blaze was pure white and grew to an insane size as it exited their mouths. The fire was essentially a wall of flame that advanced with enough force to annihilate several buildings. Its scope was enough to nearly split the town in two. The jutsu was a favorite of some of the most powerful shinobi in Fire Country history although the details of its usage had spread since then. It became known as Grand Fire Annihilation and was classified as a technique of S-Rank destructive capacity. Honiko and her clone were practically standing back to back with their Katon facing opposite directions. The real Honiko aimed her Grand Fire Annihilation directly at Yomi who was now sandwiched between Kotsubo's water release jutsu and her own fire release jutsu. Yomi would either be burnt to death by the incoming flames or she would be crushed and then drowned by her own teammates attack. The flames reached up fairly high into the sky and so if Gin's summon attempted to rescue Yomi it would find itself enraptured and destroyed by the white hot technique. Honiko's mastery of Fire Release was second to none and she boasted that she could destroy even the most capable of Uchiha using their own signature element. As such the second-rate Suiton loosed by Kotsubo would be overwhelmed if and when the techniques clashed. The fire would swallow his jutsu producing a great deal of steam before advancing towards him and scorching him to dust if he remained in the ruins where he laid. The Fuuton fired by the bird was even less of a factor given its inherent weakness to Katon. The attack would do nothing but invigorate the flames and ensure the falcon's untimely demise.

The clone's own Grand Fire Annihilation would be loosed at the start of Kanna's advance hoping to catch her within the blaze before she could land her kick. The girl's power was interesting. Honiko recalled that before she had escaped the close quarters encounter with her she had attempted to use some wires to constrict her snake. The snake had deftly avoided capture but nonetheless the tendrils had piqued Honiko's curiosity. It was a shame the woman was forcing her to leave her corpse charred. It would make vivisection and examination far more difficult. The clone's Grand Fire Annihilation threatened to evaporate Kanna and her squad including Gin if he and his falcon were not careful enough to avoid the flames.

There were a few who had managed to get fairly lucky in that they were not in the immediate path of the flames. Simon, who had taken a position at a safe distance. The now arriving Kumogakure contingent including Yagami and Natsuru who had shown up to the off-sides of the giant heat blast. Although given their proximity they could feel the intense heat emanating from the attacks. Finally Nozomi who had shown up across from where the Kumogakure ninja were albeit in a similar position where the wall of flames though wide did not quite reach where she was. Honiko did not miss them on purpose but she was mildly glad that she did. As wrathful as she was at the moment, she did not want to pass up an opportunity to test Nozomi or at least confirm what her suspicions had lead her to hypothesize.

When all was said and done, the first responders would face a fiery and horrifying death. The surrounding area encompassing most of the village would be almost entirely leveled. Where ruins and burning buildings once stood there would be almost nothing. Everything but the strongest of structures would be destroyed as smoky debris littered the area giving Honiko an unobstructed view of the landscape (not that she needed it). Interestingly enough, one structure that was in the dead center of her GFA remained standing. The statue and water fountain of Raiun the Lightning Disciple. The marble artwork remained stoic albeit with patches of white flame on it.

The area was also experiencing a powerful thunderstorm. The Valley had been known for its strong thunderstorms but given the usage of Suiton and Katon in such close quarters the strikes became more frequent and they seemed to hit the ground with increasing power creating a deafening and intimidating sound.

Once she had finished expelling her flame Honiko and her clone would just stand there. The arm that had loosed snakes against Gin had tattered leather armour around it. She forcefully ripped it off leaving it exposed and unprotected. She raised her right hand and then used Mystical Palm to begin healing her chest. If any of the original ninja that had contended with her had survived perhaps they'd be severely injured or docile enough to finally let her speak. Every moment that she spoke without fighting, was a moment longer that they had in this world. Maybe they'd be cowed now that they understood this fact.

Honiko would look directly towards Nozomi and give an angry glare. The others were of no consequence to her. She only had eyes for the jinchuuriki.

"Raiun the Lightning Disciple was buried here. It's a beautiful place to die. I've never had the privilege of killing anyone in such a holy place. And I've killed many...."

After she was done healing herself, Honiko would begin to advance towards Nozomi, summoning a single tomahawk in her right hand. She bit the thumb on her free hand while her clone watched and sensed the surroundings for any more activity.

Honiko's Stats:
    Strength: C -> B+ (Perfect Snake Sage Mode + Strong Fist)
    Constitution: C -> B (Perfect Snake Sage Mode)
    Stamina: S
    Speed: B -> A (Perfect Snake Sage Mode)
    Coordination: B -> A++ (Perfect Snake Sage Mode + Strong Fist)
    Perception: A-> S (Perfect Snake Sage Mode)

Clone's Stats
    Strength: C -> B (Perfect Snake Sage Mode)
    Constitution: C -> B (Perfect Snake Mode)
    Stamina: S
    Speed: B -> A (Perfect Snake Sage Mode)
    Coordination: B -> A (Perfect Snake Sage Mode)
    Perception: A-> S (Perfect Snake Sage Mode)

Honiko Used:
    Shadow Clone Jutsu
    Grand Fire Annihilation
    Mystical Palm

Clone Used:
    Grand Fire Annihilation
    Bayushi
    Genin

Post by Bayushi on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:18 pm

More shinboi were joining the fray to stop a foe that was proving to great. Everything was going wrong. The Village of Kumogakure was under attack and the enemy couldn't have been more mysterious. However it seemed she was becoming more annoyed by the arrival of the ninja and she needed to clean house.

Honiko summoned a clone and both went on the attack. From his view he couldn't see much what was going on but he was to close to the action to not pay attention. But it didn't take much preception for him to see what was coming to him. They both did a jutsu simuletaneously, and they shot forth what seemed to be a tsunami of fire.

It was inconcievable that someone could summon such destruction. Bayushi was feeling fear before at this womans strength. However this was staring death in the face. There was nowhere to hide, he was to close to the fight. He should have left before it was to late. He took off running away as fast as he could. But to his great pleasure. The sea of flames did not reach him, but the people fighting Honiko was still in danger. He hoped that they had survived.
    MorikawaMiriki
    Jounin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton, Meiton, Genjutsu, Ijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Chemistry
    Class: B
    Ryo: 500,000

Post by MorikawaMiriki on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Morikawa expected to find the village to be on fire like multiple pools of heat on top of buildings and dead bodies as far as the eye can see. Death was something Morikawa got used to seeing both in the medical field and being out on missions as well. However the jounin wasn’t so sure if the others could handle it. Morikawa actually hanged back from the group to conjure two shadow clones and have one of them beginning to take a small piece of rock to start drawing something on the stone ground. Morikawa took this moment to get a look around the surrounding area. The valley’s infamous thunderstorm hanging above them proved to be so thick that attempting to bust through that is nearly impossible.

Least to say there was a clear line of destruction and death as livestock lay on the fields with nothing but bones charred as dark as the night. Some possess the fiery glow between the cracks on the bone from what Morikawa can see, and seeing as the flames was still burning alive in this trail told Morikawa that the culprit is still close. Or at least the destruction was recent. Still based on the sheer size of this trail Morikawa pictures that it either has to come from a powerful person or a large creature of some sort. He has an estimated guess that it could be from a summoned creature if that is the case, but still that wastes a lot of energy.

Gathering what little info and theories Morikawa can come up with. The jounin and his clone made his way towards the town. That is before suddenly a tsunami that seems to fill his vision into a fiery torrent. One that suddenly sweeps everything up into its raging wave before reducing it to ash. Luckily he is out of the reach from this jutsu, but still he could feel the heat coming from it. “Shame i didn’t delve into my clan’s secrets. This would’ve been a perfect opportunity to test it out.” Morikawa spoke to himself as he witnessed the scene before him. Hoping to see the aftermath of this destruction, and in the meantime the second clone begins drawing behind the original. Currently he stood outside of the combat and well away from the source for about 300 meters. His eyes focused as chakra began to build up in his body. For he was ready to put whoever it is under an illusion or two.

Morikawa Used:
    Shadow Clone (2 Clones)
    Ryuko
    Genin

Post by Ryuko on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Ryuko’s face was grim as she walked a few steps behind Natsuru letting the other girl lead the way. The amount of smoke that could be seen from quite a distance was a foreboding sign that things had gone disastrously wrong.

This was simply supposed to be a scouting mission, they weren’t supposed to fight but she hoped that didn’t preclude them from rendering assistance to any survivors, assuming their where any aside from the group of foreign shinobi struggling against a strange albino woman.

Ryuko had only just arrived and already the shere amount of literal fire power the invader displayed was off the charts both in scale and intensity. Even from her perch overlooking the scene which was completely out of danger for the moment she could feel the sheer heat, which was enough to make even her pryo friend Tori’s seem mild in comparison.

The fire was a pure white, a fitting match for the casters complexion. That meant it had to be anywhere from 1300 to 1500 °C, far in excess of what she was currently capable of dealing with. Even if she forged special anti flame equipment at her current level it wouldn’t be good enough to stand up to that kind of punishment.

If it was a normal red fireball she felt confident that she could deal with it, but this was something far outside the realm she usually inhabited. That wasn’t to say she didn’t stand a chance or that she was helpless. Just that this wasn’t a group of bandits she could curb stomp or an exam match she where it was relatively safe.

No it was the kind of fight that if she joined she’d have to be prepared to die at any moment if she wanted to make a lick of difference. Otherwise she’d end up like the brown haired masked man below scrabbling to stay alive, unable to contribute. Nothing but a nuisance at best and a liability at worst.

Not that it mattered when she’d been ordered not to engage. But the thought of simply standing here and doing nothing while strangers fought for the sake of her country was enough to make her feel sick. She was a priestess of Hakkin, it was her sacred duty to protect these lands and more importantly the people within them. Doing nothing was completely unacceptable.

“She seems focused on that one blond girl. The cute one with the freckles.” Ryuko said assessing the situation, coloring it with perhaps a bit more detail then she really out to be. “Permission to enter the field and provide medical support.” she requested. If she wasn’t allowed to fight with her fists that she’d just have do to find some other way to contribute.

While the enemy was distracted this was a golden opportunity to slip in an heal some of the combatants that had been wounded thus bolstering their overall fighting force and increasing their chances of victory, or at least their survival at any rate.

Spoiler:

Stats

On person
    Hauberk
    Superior Gambeson
    Knight Gloves
    Knight Stockings
    Advanced Mantel
    Belt holster 1:
    - Baton
    - Fuuma Shuriken
    Belt holster 2:
    - Baton
    Hip Pouch
    - 1 Ninja wire (15 feet)
    - 10 Kunai
    - 10 Shuriken
    - 100 Caltrops
    -1 Med kit
    Copycat
    Chuunin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Iijutsu, Taijutsu & Fuuinjutsu
    Ryo: 60,325

Post by Copycat on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm

"---" She finds her attack promptly avoided. There goes her big plan. Following that evasion seems to be yet another action---the formation of a shadow clone, and the repositioning of both of them. Needless to say, she's got something up her sleeve, and Kanna's not liking it one bit. She doesn't want the others to go unwarned, though.

"Get away from her! I don't know what she's about to do jutsu-wise, but don't stay to find out!" The woman hollers at the others. She follows suit with her words, her rather prompt alert unsettling the other Konoha Chuunin (NPCs) to run away eagerly, some of which used Body Flicker to the best of their ability.

It's in vain, though. Just as much as she's not expecting it, they aren't, either.

Chakra swarms to her feet at that point, thrusting out as it would with suimen, as she leaps up off of the ground. The earth beneath her craterizes, shattering in numerous places and crushing into itself as she catapults herself into the air. Sure enough, by the time she does that, the handseal is complete, and literally crisp white flames bellow out from the snake user's maw in tandem with her clone's.

She manages to just barely make it out, but not without the flames licking the left forearm of her cloak. The female promptly removes a kunai from within her pouch, slicing off the forearm part of the sleeve to the cloak and flinging it into the flames below. The woman leaves it to get eviscerated in place of her own frame, ascending high-up, and at high-speeds at that. 'Fuck. Any second earlier and I'd be a goner. Hopefully they all made it out..!' The masked Chuunin thinks to herself, peering at the ongoing inferno below. Part of her just prays Honiko accidentally lights herself on fire in the midst of tha---sure enough...

'Take this..!' The female thinks to herself, allowing several of her threads to slip into her backpouch and hook explosive tags to the end of several kunai. One by one, each of the kunai are removed, and sent sweeping down towards Honiko and her clone as a last ditch effort. It's at that point that Kanna closes the first gate, already feeling its effect slip into her being. Kanna tucks her own hand into the backpouch this time around, retracting her threads and removing three pills.

Without a word, she downs each of them one by one, restoring her chakra to the best of her degree while she snaps her gaze about, praying that there's at least some telltale signs that the others made it out. Part of her sinks, knowing very well that the same can't be said about the squad that they sent here. Threads rip from the precise cuts she'd made on her arm with Chakra Scalpel, latching onto the 'foot' so to speak of Gin's falcon, and keeping her suspended in tandem with wherever it went for the time being. Mostly so she doesn't fall.

40/80 chakra remaining

Tool(s) used
    Kunai: 5
    Explosive Tags: 5
    Military Ration Pills: 3

Stats
    Strength: C -> C++ (Strong Fist) -> B+ (Gates) -> A++ (CES) ->  D++ (Gates Drawback)
    Constitution: C -> D++ (Gates Drawback)
    Speed: C -> D++ (Gates Drawback)
    Intelligence: B (2/3 predictions left)

Technique(s) used:
    Name: Chakra Enhanced Strength
    Power: B
    Activation Cost: 10
    Upkeep Cost: 5
    Range: Contact
    Speed: N/A
    Element: N/A
    Skill: Iijutsu
    Classification: N/A
    Requirements: B Intelligence & C Coordination
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: A technique that uses the refine chakra control and concentration required in medical ninjutsu to enhance one's strength to monstrous levels. This is done by storing chakra into one's hands or feet, and releasing it onto the target with pinpoint timing. With this strength, the user can decimate the ground or even kill opponents with a single strike if they lack the necessary resillience.

This gives a one tier boost and + to Strength while being utilized.
    Weaknesses: Users of the technique require immense focus when it comes to concentrating chakra required for it, and releasing it at the right timing.

Last edited by Copycat on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Updates | Application
    Spoiler:
    Kotsubo Hoshigaki
    Jounin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Water l Kenjutsu l Ninjutsu
    Ryo: 1,150

Post by Kotsubo Hoshigaki on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 am

Kotsubo had saw that the other ninjas of the other villages were starting to make their moves on the pale-skinned woman, he slightly wonders if he should've restrained himself on his water jutsu, considering Yomi is in the way as well. "No... she'll be fine, she's a Kirigakure ninja after all." as much as he may not agreed with her on much, from the small bits he could gather about her abilities, she is a fine shinobi. He probably shouldn't count her out for the count yet.

He looked over in the distance, and even though it was a bit hard to see, Kotsubo had saw the Kumo ninja finally popping in from... wherever they were coming from. "Oh, now you guys show up?" better late then never he guessed, but so far the Konoha and Kiri ninja were handling the threat pretty well, or at least in Kotsubo's opinion... maybe Yomi not so much now that he actually thought about it, but his point is they've been holding their own basically without Kumo's aid so far, and hoped they would actually be useful somehow.

"What?!" he had heard the warning that the Konoha ninja had thrown out towards everyone to hear, Kotsubo believing it to be nonsense at first but took it into consideration anyway in the case of being better safe then sorry, he started to run off into the distance, during which Kotsubo looked past his shoulder, he saw the gigantic white waves of flame soar through the town at a ridiculous speed, Kotsubo's clone and exploding water wave had collided against the white flame resulting in a massive steam being produced but it only looked like it dented the flames somewhat, and continued to roar through the landscape unrivalled.

From how fast it was going, Kotsubo wouldn't get out in time, he knew that he can't pull a jutsu in time to save his hide either. He could only hope to just barely escape it in time or get completely incinerated by the white flames.

Intelligence: C

Gear:
    1 Shinobigatana on the back, being held on the upper body by 1 baldric
    Left Leg Holster: 1 Kunai
    Right Leg Holster: 10 Shuriken
    Hip Pouch: 15x Kunai, 150 ft steel wire, 3x explosive tags, 1 grain alochol

Character Updates
    Halcyon Yomi
    Chuunin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton | Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Ninjutsu, Armor Crafting, Fuuinjutsu
    Ryo: 32,150

Post by Halcyon Yomi on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 pm

It's a serious issue when things don't go as planned

Yomi laid down on her back, hearing the water of the waves created by Kotsubo tear through the trees towards her from one direction, while the strange, white haired snakewoman suddenly repositioned herself in such a way that the Kiri-nin herself would be right in between the sage and the incoming torrent of water. To make things worse, the woman suddenly seemed to go for what was undoubtedly the most flashy form of any kind of fire nature technique. With seering flames reaching up into a towering white inferno of impossible to bear heat and with heavy, crushing waves on the other side, both ready to swallow her up, incenerate her and end her existence for good, Yomi truly was literally between a rock and a hard place.

Not really left with many options, the Kirigakure shinobi made the handseals snake and ox, but rather than instantly extending her arms, she quickly followed up those two seals by another snake seal, pouring chakra into the technique she was about to create, letting it sap her of the majority of her remaining stamina and chakra in exchange for the purpose of having the ultimate defense in play between those two massive attacks coming her way.

Eventually, she did extend her arms, forming a rather large amplified version of the usual Water prison around her as she managed to stand up on her own two feet, using every ounce of strength in her body to remain as defiant as ever despite the overwhelming odds. If anything, she hoped that this last ditch effort of hers wouldn't only hold off the flames coming from the stranger, but actually allow a set up for Kotsubo to use his own final strategies on this woman.

All she could do though, was flip the bird at Honniko and hope her plan would work. "I hate being on the defensive," Yomi sighed as the water prison took its full shape and encapsulated her with thousands upon thousands of litres of water.

notes:

Chakra: 40/120 +14 recuperation from last post

Used techniques
    Focused Amplification [amplifying water prison to S rank]
    Water release-Water prison 1/X posts
    JnK depowered status

Stats:
    base

Character Name: Halcyon Yomi
    Spendable Experience: 60
    Total Experience: 2860
    Renown: 290
    Ryo: 32,150

Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B

Limit Break Points:

Link to Character Updates: Update Tracker
    Link to Character Application: Character App
    Link to Known Techniques:Technique Registry

Gin Akiyama
    Chuunin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire | Water | Bukijutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose
    Ryo: 30,000

Post by Gin Akiyama on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:34 am

Gin and his falcon would just miss the rescue attempt of Yomi following Kanna's prediction. The bird would expedite its escape with the benefit of Wind release to race after the shark man, who was left in a pickle. A sudden white light would rush towards their flank in a sweeping inferno. Extending his talons it would grab the shark man and make for the skies. The water technique would serve well to stall the oncoming flames for just a split second to allow the falcon to make it above the fire. Gin bared witness as it swept across the ruined buildings immediately erasing their existence from his sight. The bird would descend as the flames resided. Flapping its wings to break its dive the falcon would disperse, dropping Kotsubo a couple feet from the earth. Gin would fall as well, though saving himself in a partial crouch. "I guess that's why she's captain." Gin mused to himself, grinning partial as he watched her descend from the air unaware if she was capable of saving herself.

Given her resent performance he would relax, drawing a single cigarette from his front pocket, kneeling down to smoldering remains and pressing the smoke to ignite it. He would take a drag before breathing the smoke from his nose. The falcon managed to carry the two one-hundred and twenty meters from the fight and high enough to avoid the flames. They were relatively safe unless Honiko really wanted to see them dead and send another inferno their way. But Gin felt that would be a mere waste of chakra. Still, this begged the question of who managed to survive the sweeping flames.

The rescue attempt of the brown skinned girl was unsuccessful seeing as only the shark boy was present with him. "You're rather capable in Water release. More-so than I. It'd be safe to have something powerful on standby seeing what she's capable of. If she tries something like that again, I don't see any of us having another talk." Taking a long drag he removed his half-finished smoke from his mouth before tossing it aside. He would benefit from a brief high as it mellowed his nerves. Though, his nerves were not rattled about being reduced to ash as much as it was regarding Kanna's safely. The only reason he did not finish his cigarette was knowing she made it over the inferno in time. Taking off in a sprint he would make his journey back to the fight.

Big Bird:

Technique Used:

Wind Release: Gale Palm | C-rank x6

Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: A
    Speed: B (A w/Gale Palm)

Chakra Usage: 90/120

Spoiler:

Thigh Holster
    • 1 Kunai
      Belt Holster
    • 10 Shuriken
      Utility Belt
    • Canteen
      Hip Pouch
    • 15 Kunai
    • 2 Smoke Bombs
    • 2 Flash Bombs
    • 1 Chili pepper Bomb
    • 15 Explosive Tags
    • 1 Medium Blank Scroll
    • 1 Medium Engraved Scroll
    • 2 Tekken
    • 20 Military Ration Pills
    • 5 Blood Pills
    • Ink Well 125ml
    • Ink Brush
    • 10 Blank Sealing Tags
      Flak Jacket Scroll Holster
    • Small Water Scroll
    • Small Sealed Scroll
    • Small Sealed Scroll
    • Small Sealed Scroll
    • Small Sealed Scroll
    • Small Engraved Scroll
      Baldric
    • Naginata
      Spring-loaded Mechanism
    • 1 Kunai

Character Sheet HERE
    Blonde
    Special Jounin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton, Chemistry
    Ryo: 57,450

Post by Blonde on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:25 am

The whole battle sent chills down his spine. He's so caught up with what's going on that he doesn't even notice that the rest of the squad's managed to catch up. As he hears Natsuru's voice, the unsettled Kageyama snaps his gaze in her direction, blinking for a moment. He registers what she just said, then gulps for a moment, not at what she requested, but what he just saw. Those white flames... dear lord.

"Hoooooooooooly shit." That's the only audible response he can offer. After a pregnant pause, he shuts his eyes for a moment and shakes his head, inhaling deep. He finally nods in response to the Senou, despite not wanting to go anywhere closer whatsoever to all of this.

".. Alright--yeah, sure. Just stick behind me. That goes for the rest of you guys. Natsuru, when we get close enough for you, can you check the main fighter's chakra? The woman responsible for that inferno. We need to make sure she can't pull something like that again before we even think of actually getting on field, as much as the people there might need medical attention." He states, partially answering Ryuko's question.

Simon braces himself for the worse in spite of being a little disturbed by it all. If things came to it, he'd let them go. Let them be the ones to get back. Unless Morikawa's right there and Simon's been too busy focusing on the ongoing battle, he has no idea where the aforementioned Jounin is. Just prays he's alright too. 'Really tossed us in the dragon's den in a literal sense.' He thinks to himself, shaking away his fear and starting to shuffle along within the mountain range, staying behind the coverage of rocks to set an example for the others. Simon follows the trail, slowly getting closer to the ongoing turmoil.

"I'm not a hero or a villain. You ever hear of something called a middle-man?"
    Updates | App
    Spoiler:
    Nozomi
    Genin

Post by Nozomi on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Fire everywhere. Massive flames the likes of which Nozomi hadn't ever seen, and of that, she and a clone cast it as well, meaning she had enough chakra to use it and still fight no problem. That was purely insane. The voice in her head spoke once again, deep and rumbly. "I told you, this fight is too dangerous. Run away, last chance."

Shaking her head imperceptibly, she responded under her breath. "Absolutely not. I don't run." The woman was approaching her, there wasn't really any choice for her to run even if she wanted to. Besides, she had to be running low on chakra, there was no way anyone could sustain high level techniques and blast through chakra like that without running out at some point.

Taking up her stance, Nozomi was prepared to fight, but she didn't want to just rush into it, maybe she could lull her into a false sense of security and hit her while she was unprepared. "What are you looking for here? Why bother killing shinobi who are so beneath you? Let's talk a minute before I kick your ass."

She was cocky, sure. She knew she was strong, but Nozomi was also quite a competent fighter, and with all of them here, they might be able to take her. But first, some information.

Total Experience: 2155
    Renown: 900
    Ryo: 20,000
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: C

Limit Break Points:

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t381-nozomi-s-updates#2015
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t380-himitsu-nozomi#2009
    Link to Known Techniques: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t382-nozomi-s-jutsu#2017
    Natsuru Senou
    Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kyujutsu | Sensory | Engineer
    Class: D
    Ryo: 76,250

Post by Natsuru Senou Yesterday at 5:25 pm

Just momentarily after her suggestion to Simon came the sweeping inferno that devastated a large proximity of the town. It was so bright and hot that it could be felt from their vantage point despite being a great distance away. "Wow." She involuntarily muttered in awe. Her little knowledge of Ninjutsu showed her that the field was capable of many things, though after witnessing a mastery technique she was impressed. She regret her decision to scout out the battlefield, however, she kept that part behind closed lips. She had a mission, after all. She wanted to be useful in the battlefield. If she could pick up the chakra signatures of those involved she could report the data and serve her part. This also meant getting close in dangerous situations and sometimes putting her life on the line. "Okay, lead on." She said sticking behind Simon as the group, or the pair, shuffled along. She was quite confident at this point that the main antagonist did not have any reinforcements. Natsuru would have noticed something suspicious if there were. It still paid to be cautious, regardless.

Spoiler:

Right Thigh
    • Tanto
      Quiver
    • 16 Iron Broadheads
      Left Armguard
    • Smoke Bomb
      Body