Welcome Guest! You have made 0 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Suggesters

Temp

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yours
    Class: X
    Ryo: Yours

Suggesters

Post by Temp on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Pls no flame. I'm not that gud at being super active so I read most rules first. I think my understanding's perty gud. Idk if people think my ideas would be gud but I'd figure I'd try.

Spoiler:
    1. I'm not sure the point of the meter speeds idk if wanna rethink removey. It's like seconds in RPing: pls no papi. On Saga and other sites they probs have meter speeds like I remember but even then they don't have examples like on here and it's false-canon. The speeds are way too low. The only time you'd need a non-letter speed to be all fancy scientific and logical is for traveling I believe. Tis not like these are the Nomad RP instead of Naruto RP tho. I never use the speed stat on Naruto RP but I wanna be legit genin speed at least.

2. Timeline's super long. I think IC events should be longer than story events. I'm sure some people enjoy these things but my 2 cents is I just ignore these things that long. I CTRL+F'd Naruto and didn't find him so I guess he doesn't exist. Alternate timeline's fine but sooooo loooong.

3. Renown rank-up be super slow. The system's overall a bit tame compared to TNRPG's (I'm not going to keep mentioning TNRPG dun worry). Kill all 3 Kage be chuunin papi pls. You can found an organization on TNRPG for instant-chuunin. That 1 skill point is impossibru to get. Should make it more juicy for missing-ninja and even apart from that rewards or reasonable progression.

4. "The only exception to this limit is any boost granted by Unique Abilities; these cannot boost a stat to S-Tier or higher, are always applied first, and are always considered Generic." This be confuzzling. Unique is applied first tho, right?

5. I think claiming techniques for your rank should be possible at any time. Too gotcha otherwise.

PC master race me slaughter NPC.
    http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t909-whaler-renny-the-guy-wip

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: A
    • Stamina: A
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: D
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: D

Shimiko Chinoike
    Jounin

Re: Suggesters

Post by Shimiko Chinoike on Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:23 pm

No worries, thanks for the suggestions Temp. I'll put my two cents in on each of these.

1. The speeds are more or less a technical guideline not hard and fast rules. A canonical comparison to that guide in of itself is completely impossible because of how inconsistent speeds can be in the manga. I'm not sure I agree on them being too low though and I haven't seen any evidence that would make me think they are unworkable.

2. You are correct it is an alternative timeline. The length of the timeline is defintely something we'll consider. I personally like in-depth lore for any setting I RP in but I can understand people not wanting to read that much if they want to get a feel for the site's setting. We will look into creating a much shorter version and then simply spoilering the longer one for those who are into it.

3. Its meant to be extremely difficult to get and is there to encourage people to make IC impactful actions not just in their endgame but as they develop their character. Because gaining skill points isn't tied to rank but rather experience (with the exception of the Renown skill point) the equivalencies listed under Renown aren't terribly important. Your progression comes from experience
    and class (achieved by roleplaying) and not by in-game feats. Although I definitely see your point with respect to killing Kage earning not as much as it should or perhaps readjusting the rank equivalencies. We'll look into fixing that as well.

4. Where is that quote from?

5. I believe the rules allow you to claim techniques of your rank at any time as it is. I'm unsure what you're referring to here.

Character Name: Shimiko Chinoike
    Stats:

• Constitution: C
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence:  C
    • Perception: A

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

Gear

• 2x Kālīkoroshimasu
    • 10x Serrated Kunai
    • Six Sai of Serration
    • Chinowakugumi Armour
    • Twin Tessen of Terror

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t344-shimiko-s-updates
    Link to Character Application: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t260-shimiko-chinoike
    Link to Known Techniques:

Shimiko's ANBU Mask
    Temp

Character File

Post by Temp on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:18 pm

1. Noooo I just think there shouldn't be a guideline at all. It's just a gotcha for people who travel too far. It's also definitely too slow. There's far more instances in canon where low-rankers travel far faster than the X-rank.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:898160
    https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/naruto-speed-calc-applications.20097/
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/naruto-verse-feat-threads.362191/

There's a bunch of people who spend their time doing calculations for Naruto speeds and feats. Tho that's a waste of time in my opinion they still do it.

My opinion is this: there's no reason for there to be a meters per second guideline at all. Firstly, it introduces seconds to a RP setting. Seconds never work in RP. Secondly, it's not canon as there's things like Itachi reacting to Kirin along with other things. Thirdly, there's no reason for there to be the guideline. It's only a gotcha and not used tactically for distance traveled.

4. Stat boost topic.

5. I forget where I found this. It's not in the main location where it's said people can claim techniques.

Akame
    Anbu

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Post by Akame on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:13 pm

If I may chime in

1. People in Naruto were dodging shit that was faster than the speed of light near the end of the series. This is a bad thing to be able to do in a roleplay because that's ridiculous powerscaling. Keeping it lower can be a good thing.

3. Renown is fairly difficult to get. Waiting potentially years after you've otherwise maxed your character is quite possible. We aren't teenagers anymore, mostly. Lowering the amount needed or improving the renown rates is probably a good idea looking at strictly keeping members interested. Easy fix for kage granting very little renown; give half of a kage's total renown to their killer on top of the flat rate, which could probably be upped. As a kage, they're bound to have at least a decent pool of renown which would give someone a nice bump. Could probably just do that for everybody you kill who has renown, actually.

Renown: 3000
    Ryo: 0
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: B
    • Perception: B

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 2
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 1

Link to Character Updates: http://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t219-tsuyo-s-updates#1371

"Death comes for everyone. I'm just moving you to the front of the line."
    Temp

Character File

Post by Temp on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:58 pm

The speed of light things were outliers and require things not even available on any Naruto RP right now probably. It doesn't need to be lower or higher; just not have any useless values applied to it in my opinion.

As for renown too lazy to look at it again. Kage won't necessarily have high renown though. They could be figureheads and alts where people spend more time on other accounts. The only reason people like Kira on TNRPG had high values was because they were accumulated over years of RPing. Even then, I think his renown barely got me ranked up. People on TNRPG most likely have low values now besides Kye who has a SA for high values, took advantage of system flaws before they get patched, and he has high-ranking staff characters like Rusuban fed to him.

As for on here, there's no ways to get high renown before or after tweeks to the system. And the 1 skill point is the only thing of value in the system. So defeating people won't bring any value as they're not likely to have renown worth it. Ranking up doesn't improve your class or give any bonuses. So, the whole system depends on how long it takes to reach 7500 renown.

10 topics killing (not capturing cuz that's lower) 4 Chuunin (40 chuunin) 6000.
    10 topics killing 2 Jounin (20 jounin) 4000.
    10 topics killing 2 Kage (20 kage) 6000.
    I'm ignoring the other scores because...There's 3 villages to pillage and you'll get even lower scores if you owned each one. Even if there were the members to do all that, the person would have to have loads of time on their hands. They'd also need to be reeeally good to beat so many people or do so many good/bad things with this system.

Honestly there shouldn't be a renown system at all. If you're looking for growth and power, it's too fast for chars like on TNRPG. If you're not looking for it, then it'll always be too slow and encourage bad activity. The renown system on TNRPG might be good since Skia did the development system on LR idk but there's no real point in this one while the other has a lot of diversity objectively.

Edit: O ya and you can just lock the topic. Too lazy to reply, if you want me to DM on Discord. I dun even RP here and only saw an email for this topic. Lost all interest after I got shafted and dat other guy left.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content