Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

A New Day

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

A New Day Empty A New Day

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Shimiko walked into the Raikage's Building with a confident stride. She was wearing a pair of black sunglasses, a white dress shirt (sleeves rolled up to the elbows) with most of the buttons missing and no bra practically exposing her generous cleavage. She also wore a loose fitting black tie that hung limpy around her neck and a black miniskirt which was somehow even shorter than the one she had worn as a genin (if such a thing was even possible). Shimiko had grown into quite the young woman over the past few years. Her hair was far longer, styled into pigtails like they had been since she was but a wee lass albeit with much more volume. She was taller, more aggressive, and had shed the lanky awkwardness that was a natural curse of adolescent growth. Chinoike genetics were wonky and by most accounts she was a bit of a late bloomer with a few genetic curiosities to show for it. A sudden eye color change from green to blue being the most notable along with her sudden growth spurt. Shimiko's personality however remained more or less the same. She was friendly, sweet, and happy-go-lucky but years as an active member of ANBU had worn on her patience for pretenses and niceties. She had learned to become more direct when the situation called for it and in the rare moments where it was needed her tendency towards violence and malice was put on prominent display. That's not to say she no longer cared what others thought of her but she had become more confident in using tools like fear and wrath to shape people's opinions of her.

Nariko was responsible for a great deal of this development. It was the Raikage's blessing that had allowed her into ANBU Black Ops and from there an whole new world opened up to the Jashinist. The set of experiences, hardships, and joys she faced gave her the courage to slowly but surely come out about her faith. First to friends and family and later on to her fellow co-workers. Reports were made but no one was particularly keen on acting on it. A consequence of her brother's legacy and lasting impact on the institution. Nevertheless she needed to deal with this once and for all and the best way to go about it was to tell the Raikage exactly what she believed and why she and her fellow cultists should be allowed to worship in peace. Shimiko found herself walking straight past the Secretary. Her and her fellow Thundercats had developed a rapport with the Raikage, it wasn't exactly an full on open-door policy but it was close to it.

Shimiko knocked politely and if given assent she'd enter shutting the door behind her. She removed her sunglasses and clipped them to her shirt. She bowed her head and addressed Nariko with respect.

"Raikage-sensei, do you have a moment? We really need to talk."

A New Day Empty Re: A New Day

Post by Nariko Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Nariko was, as usual, behind her desk filling out paperwork. It would appear that regardless of how muh she did, there was always a steady supply more. Despite being only 25 years old, the job had taken its toll on the woman, giving her a few grey hairs simply from stress, although she wore them with pride.

It was a sign of the job, and one she didn't really mind. Now when she started to wrinkle, there would be problems. What had been meant to be a short stint as a stand in Kage had turned to permanency, as it appeared her people loved her in office. And to be fair, Kumo was thriving in a way it hadn't for years. It was mostly due to the military approach she took things, a sort of no nonsense approach politically, with infrastructure being supported as well. They were now in a place where she could feasibly start to form alliances with other nations and expand Kumo's influence, the process of which she was currently finalizing for a couple of different neighboring lands.

A knock on the door broke her concentration and the Kage wearily looked towards the intrusive noise. "Come in." She called out, both annoyed and glad for the intrusion. On the one hand, she could use a break from filling out forms, but I'm the other hand if a conversation would persist , she would never get her work done.

She was pleasantly surprised to see her former student Shimiko, a talented protege and the younger sister of her predecessor. By now all of her squad had become Jounin, a fact that pleased her to no end. Each of her girls had massive potential, and to see them realize it was encouraging. However, there was the small matter of some rumors surrounding Shimiko at least, that Nariko had ignored for the most part.

"I've always got time for you, Shimiko." Nariko responded, folding her arms on her desk and leaning on her elbows. "What did you want to talk about?"

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:41 pm

Nariko-sensei was looking old. Grey hairs could be seen sprouting from her scalp and she had a look of weariness that was vaguely familiar. She had seen the same look on her brother's face not long after he had accepted the position of Raikage. She had often considered gunning for the title but when she thought about the way it drained on one's soul and shaved years off their life behind a desk rather than in the field she wanted no part of it. Shimiko had decided she had rather liked being ANBU and despite the protestations of her fellow cultists she was content to remain in that role for as long as possible. But the Jashinist was sure that one day the big seat would call her. It was said that most of a Kage's life would be spent behind the desk but there was always the once in a decade fight that would arrive at their feet. The kind of fight that would etch someone's name in the history books. The kind of fight that required the strongest person in the village. Shimiko found that excited and tempting perhaps it was only a matter of time before she couldn't resist.

"Raikage-sama….Nariko-sensei....I respect you with all my heart and soul. You and Sakata looked out for me after my brother's passing. You helped train me after I got sick and brought be back into fighting shape. I'm grateful for all you've done for me which is why I think its time I tell you about my religious affiliation"

Nariko could probably guess where this was going.

"I'm a Jashinist" Shimiko confessed plainly. Sakata knew. The Thundercats probably knew. Her family knew. Anyone who was anyone in the village knew. It was more or less an open secret among ANBU and the only reason she hadn't been arrested or placed under investigation is because of who she was. No one wanted the headache of potentially angering the Chinoike Clan or the Raikage. It was better to let Nariko sort it out if she saw fit. That day never came and so every day that she went about flaunting her practice of an outlawed religion was a day that the rule of law was weakened. Shimiko didn't care but she knew that this could only go on for so long before there were serious consequences. She had talked it over with her fellow worshippers and decided that a direct approach was the best option. The Church had been undergoing significant reform lately as the Lady Superior of the Church had received a new revelation from the Necrossiah telling them that they must adapt the Faith to conform to the ways of the world if it was to grow and spread. The Church had started to target the absolute scum of society rather than preying on the weak and defenseless. It was a gesture of goodwill and a showing that its presence was not wholly disruptive and evil.

"As I'm sure you know Raikage-sensei, Jashinism was outlawed in this country many years ago but I think its time to revisit that decision. If you will allow me I'd like to explain how legalization could be a benefit to the country"

Shimiko's voice was serious but did have a bit of a chipper note to it. Her optimism had carried her far in life and she saw no reason to jump the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario being that her own sensei would brand her a criminal and lock her in a dungeon.

Post by Nariko Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:24 am

Rather taken aback by Shimiko's upfrontness, she decided to hear the girl out rather than send her from her office. Hearing rumors about your student being a Jashinist and having them confirmed without a doubt were two different things. One she could ignore, the other, not so much.

Still, as she spoke, Nariko sat up straighter and folded her arms on her desk. The subject made her more than a little uneasy and uncomfortable, but Shimiko wouldn't have brought it up for no reason.

"Yeah. I know it was made illegal, and with good reason. The religion as far as I've heard was about murdering as much as possible, indiscriminately, and with mutilation being not only welcomed, but a goal. I'm only entertaining this conversation because it's you, and I care about you." Nariko said carefully. "Proceed."

Anyone else she would have arrested on the spot for such a confession. She wouldn't consider such a request in the slightest. Even with Shimiko, she found herself already dreading that she was probably going to have to crush her hopes and arrest her, but there was a small glimmer of hope that maybe the girl could change her mind. That she wouldn't have to deal with this issue just uet, or that there was actually a good reason to legalize Jashinism. It was a small chance, but a chance none the less.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:42 am

"Yeah. I know it was made illegal, and with good reason. The religion as far as I've heard was about murdering as much as possible, indiscriminately, and with mutilation being not only welcomed, but a goal. I'm only entertaining this conversation because it's you, and I care about you."

Shimiko suppressed the urge to smile. It was almost a compliment to her sect that they had spread the Good News of Jashin to the point where anyone who was anyone knew what they were capable of. However she could not let her pleasure be seen otherwise it would be viewed as mocking or worse yet sinister. There could be no missteps in her words now. Nariko-sensei would entertain a conversation but if she said the wrong thing or rubbed her Raikage the wrong way then everything was lost. Her career, her twins, her Church, her relationship with her clan and everyone she loved and cared about. She had to convince Nariko that legalizing Jashinism was the right move and she had to do it right here and now.

"The Jashinism you and everyone in this village has heard about is not an accurate reflection of our faith, or at least our faith as rightfully practiced here in Kumogakure. Our particular brand of Jashinism is unique to the Lightning Country and is guided by a higher divine purpose than Jashinists practicing outside the nation. We have rules, procedures, and doctrine that keep our sacrifices to an acceptable number. Our leader, the Lady Superior, has received a divine revelation from our Lord Jashin that the Church must continue to evolve and grow in a manner that is compatible with society. We only target the absolute scum of the city: pedophiles, serial killers, rapists, and sadists. People whose presence would not be missed or mourned"

Shimiko paused for dramatic effect.

"Kumogakure has seen a large amount of growth in a short span of time and we've seen an increase in the level of criminal depravity. It poses not just a threat to the lives of civilians but a national security concern as well. The Orthodox Church of Jashin has...." she hated the word but she understood its power. "....reformed itself so that we may better assist this country in cleaning out the rot before it swallows us whole. If nothing else Nariko-sensei trust me when I say I know my fellow worshipers. They will operate under strict guidelines and they have the discipline to limit their sacrifices to only a pre-approved list of targets that already have kill-orders placed on them."

Post by Nariko Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:26 am

There it was, the glimmer of hope. Nariko breathed out a sigh of relief. "You know there is going to be some backlash from the public when I declare it legal. I mean, the people love me, and I don't make many questionable decisions, so public opinion is high, but this will seriously damage my reputation. If your church steps out of bounds, there will be harsh consequences. If there are factions that don't agree with your new reformed views, you'll denounce them and they will be prosecuted." She said, giving a little affirmation that she was willing to give Shimiko a chance.

"I have to admit, the only reason I am entertaining this idea is because it's you who is bringing it to me. I recognize that we as shinobi basically do the murder and assassination, so I'm fine with using your church to our advantage. I mean, I saw your more bloodthirsty tendencies, that's why you're an ANBU. So please. Don't let me down."

The Raikage sighed a little and rubbed her eyes. This was going to have a lot of paperwork surrounding it. Same as the decision to let underage shinobi drink legally. Reversing laws wasn't a simple task after all. "Anything else?" She asked, watching her former student.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:52 pm

"Of course" Shimiko said readily when Nariko indicated that she was willing to take the hit to her reputation and legalize the Faith so long as dissenters were dealt with. The Lady Superior had already issued her doctrine and those who dissented were effectively rebelling against the Church. To rebel against the Church was to rebel against God and the punishment was death. When Nariko remarked on Shimiko's bloodthirsty tendencies she gave a small smile nothing too large but enough to let her Raikage know she appreciated the vote of confidence. "I will never let you down Raikage-sensei" Nariko asked if there was anything else to which Shimiko responded:

"Yes Raikage-sensei, I have two other favors to ask. The first is on behalf of my clan. The Chinoike Clan feel as though they have given years of service to this village and its founders. We are proud of our service and look forward to giving our all to see Kumo prosper. All we ask in return is a bit of recognition...the construction of a Clan District specifically for the Chinoike. My leader would have asked himself but he is in the mountains for Rosh Hakayama, a very sacred holiday for our Clan."

Seigi had not put in motion plans to gift the Chinoike their own district as he believed it to be an arrogant move. He had spent a lot of his political capital getting elected to the position and to show favor to his clan would rub his backers the wrong way. He wasn't overtly concerned with the thoughts of others but he was willing to compromise and that was one area he was willing to show restraint on. However, now that the new Raikage was not a Chinoike there could be no claims of bias. Shimiko was one of Nariko's students but she was hardly a political force on her own.

"The second favor is far more....personal. The Church seeks financial benefactor and my Lady Superior could think of no better person than you We would like your help in constructing a Church in the Administration sector. I understand its asking a lot Nariko-sensei and your support in legalizing our faith has already made you a hero in our eyes but this act would make you a true Saint"

Post by Nariko Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 am

Nariko grimaced as Shimiko layed out her new requests. They were technically doable, as Kumo's funds had built up substantially, but that was just adding more expenditures. If she built something for the Chinoike clan, she'd have the other clans clamoring for compounds as well, and soon no money.

Still, it was doable. Some of the clans deserved it, to be fair. Sizable enough, they should definitely have their own space. The Chinoike lived largely in the mountains, so she probably should bring them into the city and give them a well protected home as well should they want one.

"You do like giving me a headache don't you Shimi?" Nariko asked, laughing slightly. "Yes, I can and will find a clan compound. I'll give you a stipend of 100,000 ryo a month for upkeep and guards, but no more. I'll also pay for the construction of whatever buildings your clan needs to start out, but anything further than thay, or any renovations in the future will be clan funded." She laid out some small terms, just the basic stuff.

"As for the church, no. Unless your clan is going to host it, I won't pay for it. You know how I feel about religion Shimiko. A village should never sponsor a religion. I wouldn't want everyone to think that Kumo is now largely a Jashinist state. Jashinism will have its place as well as Ninshu, and the other religions, but we didn't sponsor them, so we won't sponsor Jashinism either. Take up collections if you will, or use clan funds. I'll give you a personal donation to help with part of the cost from my private funds, since you asked, but is not to the church, it's to you. What you do from there with the money says nothing about my views. How much will you need for it?"

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Shimiko laughed as Nariko made a joke about her giving her a headache. Shimiko would receive a stipend of 100,000 ryo a month for upkeep and guards along with the construction of the Clan District itself. It was a wonderful start and Shimiko couldn't have asked for more except of course she did. Nariko pushed back on the idea of her personally funding the Church which Shimiko accepted and understood. Jashinism was controversial and not popular so it would look bad if the money came straight from the village's coffers. Nariko was still willing to help her student though with a personal donation that would be given to Shimiko who could spend it as she saw fit (and naturally she'd donate it to the Church). The blonde gave a genuine smile and bowed. "Thank you so much Raikage-sama...on both accounts. You will be immortalized as a friend and ally of the Faith." she stood up straight and thought quickly. She wanted to give a fair figure, one that would secure the Church a beautiful building. "200,000 Ryo". It was blunt and to the point. If Nariko rejected the number then she'd provide a counter-offer but she hoped that her Kage's generosity was just as strong as her faith in Jashin.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Wind | Taijutsu | Kenjutsu | Ninjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 20,000

Post by Kye Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Iro's clone had entered the Raikage building and moved at a quickened pace not exactly running, but appearing to be in a bit of a rush. She scaled the interior and made it to the Raikage Building where the office was held in hopes Nariko was present. As she approached the doors she heard voices, two in fact. Normally she would not barge into the office but these matters required immediate attention. Iro would enter the Raikage Office to see Shimiko and Lady Nariko present. Whew...that's good... Like many Shinobi she wears the common black sandals which secure her feet and ankles. Iro wears a pair of loose fitting black pants which extend shortly above her ankles, which she has wrapped in a set of white bandage wrap. Her pants are paired with a black sleeveless, backless top with a white undershirt in the same design. Her utility belt was worn around her waist which held a first aid on the back side next to her hip pouch and a single holster on her right. A single, tan obi is worn around her waist. Black leather arm guards covered both arms from the back of the hand up to the elbows. Slapped over her body was a dark gray flak jacket with three scroll holsters, the basic secondary flak jacket provided by Kumogakure. A leather baldric is worn across her body where she carries a quarter staff made entirely of oak.

Around her forehead Iro sports her forehead protector. In a black cloth she has the forehead protector's steel plate facing the front with Sunagakure's emblem engraved on the plate. Iro has long, plum hair which is fastened in a long ponytail using a tan hair tie. She keeps the rest of her hair parted in the front with two long bangs reaching down to her chin. Iro herself stands 5'8 and weighs approximately 135 lbs. With deep tan skin she bares golden amber eyes. Iro has an impressive athletic figure including a toned abdomen with muscle work shown around her body.

"Lady Raikage, pardon my interruption, but we have a situation." Iro greeted, stopping ten feet from her desk and bowing before her. Straightening her back the clone expressed her concerns in a professional manner keeping any emotions out of sight. "Two of your Genin, Shinoskay and Akari Yominikui, have yet to return from their mission outside the village gates since two days ago. They were tasked with escorting a trade caravan the borders of our land, but it has long passed the expected travel time. I fear they may have been ambushed and kidnapped." After stating the situation she waited for Nariko to make a call. She hoped a search party would be issued. Kumogakure had some of the best scouts, especially under the wing of Natsuru. If there was anybody missing, Kumogakure's scouts were sure to find them.

A New Day Image-URL-3
    Nariko
    Nariko

Post by Nariko Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 am

Nariko nodded, standing up. The price was around what she had thought it would be, nothing to laugh at but also not a real concern for her. Since she had taken office as the Raikage, Nariko had had to stop her gambling and actually pay off her debt, so by now she had saved up plenty of money and was still bringing in quite a deal of it due to one of Natsuru's factories being co owned by the two of them.

"I think 200,000 seems reasonable, sure. I'll have it shifted over to your bank account along with your salary. I also need to work in the construction of the clan district to our budget, but that's not going to be hard, just a bit of paperwork."

She reached out her hand to shake Shimiko's and deal the deal, but was interrupted by Iro's entrance. Raising an eyebrow, Nariko let Iro speak, as she doubted she would have just barged in for no reason. After she had related her message, Nariko nodded.

"Thank you, Iro. You've been very valuable the last couple of years." She said, turning to Shimiko, who was one of her ANBU and this well equipped for most situations. "Please, take a group of scouts and anyone else you'd like and track down our wayward genin. I want them brought back safely if possible, and with a full report of what happened. You're both  dismissed. I'll take care of the rest of our business."

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Wind | Taijutsu | Kenjutsu | Ninjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 20,000

Post by Kye Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:09 am

Iro heard what Nariko said regarding her report. Fortunately, Shimiko was in the room as well. She was an ANBU which almost guaranteed the safe return of the two Genin. Nariko ordered Shimiko to gather a scouting party and search for them. Afterwards, they were both dismissed. The Shadow Clone of Iro would bow to Nariko. "Thank you, Lady Nariko." Standing upright the clone dismissed herself, a small cloud of smoke yielded after dispersing which quickly fizzled and disappeared in the air. As a result, Iro would benefit from the interaction just had in the room.

[Clone Exit]

A New Day Image-URL-3
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:19 pm

Shimiko smiled and gave a small bow once more indicating her gratitude. She reached out to shake her Raikage's hand when they were interrupted by Iro Fujio. The woman bore grave news regarding two genin who had been sent out to escort a caravan. Shimiko knew one of the genin by name Akari....the Oni she recalled. She was in the process of getting the demon to convert to Jashinism and as such she considered the prospect to be a person of interest. Shimiko put on a poker face and slipped into a more professional demeanor as she ran through the possible scenarios. Shimiko and her Raikage quickly came to the same conclusion and she nodded in agreeement. "Yes Raikage-sensei". She strode towards the door and left to gather a scouting party.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am