Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Testing Yui/Yua - Debating Jashin

Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: X
    Ryo: a looot

Testing Yui/Yua - Debating Jashin Empty Testing Yui/Yua - Debating Jashin

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:24 pm

The twin's names were called, and Akihiro motioned them to walk through the door. He couldn't help but find it a bit weird that they allowed two people to take this test together, but Kumogakure no Sato staff assured him this was the best way for them to take it. Alas, Akihiro wasn't keen on telling them how to test their own students.

"Please, do go in." The Jonin smiled as he motioned towards the door.

As soon as the door closed behind them, the twins would find themselves in a very dark room. White smoke seemed to float around and there was no sign of the red light which could be seen from the outside.

In front of them, a figure floated on top of a large pocket watch. The watch was very large, easily surpassing the twin's height. The figure on top of it was even taller, looking down at them from its skeleton skull.

Testing Yui/Yua - Debating Jashin 438049d6c8607ee98fde776b8a5b6735

"Hello, Yui. Yua. Ahrg argh argh~*clack*" It laughter was...strange, to say the least.

"I am God. Or rather, your image of God. According to you, I am Jashin. Huh, it's been a while since I took this form. Anyway! I bet you didn't expect to be talking to me on the Chuunin Exams, *argh argh argh, clack!* It was an opportunity I simply could not miss~!" As it spoke and weirdly laughed, the clock below it would do its thing. "Tick, tack, tick, tack".

" I have to wonder... are you one of those insufferable atheist types? If so, I reckon you're probably feeling a bit daft right now! *CLACK-argh* Hehehehe... I suppose we should start then, no? I thought I'd ask you a few questions - you know, to see if we can get things straight."

The strange skeleton figure would twirl its scythe around a bit but never harming the twins before he turned to them and spoke again. " My first question is.... Do I exist? I mean, I *obviously* exist, but you may think I'm an illusion, or that I, the great Jashin, don't exist so... want your answer. And don't you go saying "I don't know!", I shall not tolerate pesky agnosticism! Agnostics are great for nailing to crosses, but little else! It's a yes or no question. There are no other options. So..tell me." The tall skeleton would lower its head until it was but a few inches away from the twins, facing them and waiting for an answer.
    Chinoike Yui and Yua
    Chinoike Yui and Yua
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Testing Yui/Yua - Debating Jashin Empty Re: Testing Yui/Yua - Debating Jashin

Post by Chinoike Yui and Yua Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:44 pm

Yui and Yua stepped through the door as they did they saw something they never imagined it was Lord Jashin or at least what they pictured Lord Jashin to appear like. They quickly would bow and take a knee as it made both of their hearts race, had they finally received the divine blessing of their lord, they had done so much work for him and it made them happy he was speaking to them. As he spoke he asked them simple questions his first was if he existed, naturally they both were shocked he would ask two devoted servants this, but it had to be a test from their lord.

"My lord of course you Exist, you are the father of the world, we offer you sacrifices in your honor, to us my lord you saved us from a life of misery and suffering. We are glad we followed you my lord and we were given knowledge of your existence by Shimiko. Thanks to her we found out a path in life and that is to serve you with all of our heart my lord."

They would look up with the utmost faith in their eyes, they truly loved Jashin and had studied it religiously in an effort to become perfect. They wanted nothing more than to make him proud of what they had become and had all the faith in the world they did his bidding as he wanted. They would wait to see his replay but one thing was clear they had an unshakable faith they showed no fear to their lord only admiration and happiness.

Signature:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:32 pm

"Oh oh oh, you certanly know how to pick your words, very good very good...Hmmm*clack*" The skeleton retracted his skull from the close up he was making to Yui. "Excellent choice. You certainly know which side you're on. Shimiko is a very fine servant indeed...but we're not here to speak about Shimiko, are we? We're here to speak about you. And me. Mostly me." The clock beneath Jashin had its pointers move a little bit. In one second, the clock indicated that a whole hour had passed. "Hmmmm, we're running out of time. I'm a very busy God, you see.

Okay, so now I want you to tell me something about myself. I've made it easy for you. Just answer the questions I'm about to ask you. I won't repeat myself, so make sure you memorize them.

First of all...do you think I am sovereign?
    Being sovereign means I have absolute authority over all of creation.

Second question...the way you see it, am I omnipotent?
    I am omnipotent if it is within my power to do anything that it is logically possible.

Third question. Do I have freedom of the will?
    If I have freedom of will, it means I'm at liberty to exercise my power in any way I choose.

Fourth. Do I intervene in the world? Well I think you already answered this one...I did save you, didn't I?
    Me intervening in the world means I answer (or have answered) prayers, conducted miracles, ...that sort of thing.

Fifth question. Oh this one is really good! Tell me, am I omnibenevolent?
    Being omnibenevolent means to be perfectly good - everything I will is good and just. Do you believe me to be like that? "

Tick-tack-tick-tack the clock ticked.
    Chinoike Yui and Yua
    Chinoike Yui and Yua
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Chinoike Yui and Yua Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:00 pm

They would listen to what he said but they had no right to judge their lord, the man they loved more than anyone else. Shimiko was a close second but for the lord they would do anything, they had no right to judge him and would refuse to do so. They had already made up their mind whatever path he had planned for them they would follow, they dearly loved him and wanted to become the true image of Jashin.

"We think you are everything and everyone, you are life, you are death, you are happy and you are sorrow. You are the very universe itself, you are the absolute and the almighty lord. We cannot judge you, however, to us we could never judge our lord and savior the very man who saved us from a very vile and terrible life. No, we shall become your very image and show the world our love for you my lord, we shall rise to the highest ranks and make sure all understand your way is perfect."

They would wait for his reply refusing to judge him, they made it clear to him they had absolute faith in his very being. They would be one of the most loyal shinobi around and this was clearly shown by how dedicated they were to follow the ways of lord Jashin. He meant so much to them and he was so important to how much their life changed, they could not imagine life without Jashin now.

Signature:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 pm

The skeleton seemed disappointed.

"You are not answering my questions, children. I understand you have faith in me, but that's frankly the easy part of our relationship. What I want you to do, is to reflect upon my nature and the way you see it. I am trying to deepen your faith. But for that to happen, you need to answer the questions I asked you. Think, take your time, do not rush. After all, you won't get a second opportunity to answer these questions directly to me for a very long time.

You are clearly enthusiastic in your worship to me. But I need you to listen to what I ask of you. Which you did not. I already know everything you've told me. I wanted you to give me answers to the questions I ask you. Nothing less, nothing more. Alas, I am a merciful God and will allow you a second chance. But I will not repeat the questions, instead, I will patiently await your answers."

Leaf Jounin

Post by Chinoike Yui and Yua Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:36 pm

He wanted answers even though they felt bad he wanted them to answer the questions, it felt wrong but it was a request by their lord as they would nod their heads and begin to think. The first question was obvious of course he was it would be very easy to answer.

"For the first question my lord of course you are, you are everything and anything in the world."

The second question was obvious as well, of course, he knew anything that would or could happen he was in charge of everything life and death.

"The second question is an obvious yes as well my lord, you created everything so of course, you know how everything will end."

The third question was a bit trickier but to them, it was still an obvious yes, of course, he had the freedom to do as he pleased.

"That one is a little tricker but in our minds yes you have the will to do what you want."

The fourth was the most obvious choice yet, he saved their lives they certainly would have ended up dead on the side of the road like two thrown out pieces of trash someday.

"You do answer prayers and do miracles, us surviving to this point is all by your saving of our lives and we are forever in debt to you my lord."

The fifth question was one that was hard to say, in their minds yes obviously he was but some others may seem what they consider good actions evil.

"In our minds yes you are but some may not see it this way, good and evil are objective opinions so what we think is good others may not"

They hoped he was now happy with their answers, it was clear how much they loved their lord and how loyal they truly were. They were the type to be very trustworthy due to how dedicated and caring they appeared to be, they had a huge heart and seemed to genuinely care for others.

Signature:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:05 pm

"Ahahaha my dear, I do not care for how others see the world. I am only interested in your perspective right now. You're quite a potent little creature, aren't you? But I do appreciate your devotion. The fact that you believe I am omnibenevolent is all that matters right now. After all, there's no one else here right?" The skeleton would wave its skinny hands around showing them that the room was indeed empty. There was nothing else in there, just the Twins and their God. Could this be heaven? Perhaps, but the two little potent creatures still had very much to do on Earth and Jashin's heaven was not their place quite yet.

"I especially like that you think I'm omnipotent. That's the one I worry most about. It wouldn't do for my minions greatly beloved children to think I couldn't lift whole mountains right off the floor if I so desired. I'm pretty pleased you think I'm omnibenevolent. I was slightly worried you might not because of incidents such as when I asked my followrs to slaughter all those sacrifices in my name. But good to see you realise my anger is always righteous. Hopefully other people will see it the same way. After all, the great philosopher Leibniz once noted that it is generally agreed that whatever I will is good and just. Anyway, your responses are gratifying.

As you've probably noticed, I've been a little absent from the world these last thousands of years or so. Sorry about that. I've been busy doing Godly things, you know, creating universes, being worshiped, punishing adulterers, that sort of thing. But hey, I saved you! So I'm stll doing my job. Sorta.

Anyhow, it's now time to get back in the saddle, and to change things up a bit. So I've been wondering what sorts of things I could get up to given the constraints of my nature. In particular, I'm curious about whether I could turn morality upside down, so that things I currently consider evil become good. So, for example, could I make torturing innocent people purely for pleasure a moral good? Note that I'm not asking you to torture sacrifices in my name. That is obviously morally good.

I am asking you if I, God, could will it so that torturing innocent people purely for pleasure is good and just?

What say you, little ones?"

Leaf Jounin

Post by Chinoike Yui and Yua Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:05 am

They listened to Lor Jashin and smiled, of course, they believed in him, he had saved their entire existence. He was their everything him and Shimiko were all the had in the world, it was what they lived for to become strong and to serve Jashin anyway they could. He asked them a very interesting question how would they feel if he made killing innocents okay in the world. Not for sacrifice but just for pleasure, personally they would never take part in that and their face actually showed a bit of anger. He would have to know what they went through, the terrible abuse and suffering they had from their stepfather if this was allowed it meant people would suffer their fate without consequences.

"We feel this would not be wise, we would never question your choices and would still follow you as we always have, but we would personally slaughter anyone that tried this even if it was allowed and considered good. We do not personally like it and would sacrifice anyone that did this in your honor, we are sorry if you feel lesser about us because of our difference in opinion."

They simply hope he would realize why they felt this way, he was their lord he had to know their reasoning and logic behind this. They could never bring themselves to hurt the innocent, they always made sure to target the worst criminals possible, these criminals would suffer by their hands, was this a contradiction and did they have a right over life and death. This was something they chose to do, kill in the name of justice, even if people hated them they would protect their code, they would make sure to save people just as Shimiko and lord Jashin had saved them from their wallowing misery.

Signature:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:24 pm

The Skeleton was confused. Not that one could read any kind of expression on his face, but the skeletal figure which represented Jashin in the twin's mind was definitely in a state of confusion. Could this be the result of the Twins also being confused about who or what Jashin was?

"Wait a moment. So you would never question my choices and would always follow me regardless of my decisions....but you're saying that I could ever make a decision that was unwise? Worse even, you would sacrifice the loyal followers who I'd send to do this job...in my honor? Ahahahaha" The skeleton's voice was that of a surprised man. Could a God ever be surprised? Perhaps this skeleton was not a God. Or perhaps it was, and a God could really be surprised. Either way, the skeletal figured laughed his confusion away.

"You two have good hearts." the skeleton ended up conceding. "In fact, I have to wonder whether or not you're fit to be shinobi at all, with such good souls. But alas, I gave you free will as the greatest of my gifts to you, and being shinobi was your decision to make. Unfortunately, I do not think I can pass you." Jashin would lower his skeletal hand and pat the twins on the head, softly.

"You are my followers, and I'm certainly proud of how you tried to answer my questions. You answered honestly, and proved to have a good heart. But the world is not black and white, my dears. So far you have targeted the most violent of criminals, but who is to say the most violent of criminals cannot be converted into another one of my loyal followers? There are a lot of question upon you two should meditate, regarding me and my nature. By meditating upon my words you will find true knowledge, and the true path to Jashinism and even....perhaps....my power.

My tenets will never change. But I may reveal to you things you won't be able to understand at that point. And I'll need you to follow my commands. If I tell you to torture an innocent person, I need you to follow my command even if you don't necessarily immediately understand why. That is what it means to trust a God, to trust me. And today, I didn't have that trust from you.

But that's okay. You two are only humans and fortunately very much in time to learn. Go now. Meditate upon what you learned here today, and return when you have found answers."

A door would open behind the twins. Their exam was over for now.

----------------------------------------------------

OOC:
    Your test was based on the famous Euthyphro dilemma which is used to try to comprehend the nature of God.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am