Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Regular Patrols [Private]

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 253,660

Regular Patrols [Private] Empty Regular Patrols [Private]

Post by Satori Ryuutei Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:14 pm

Mission Name: Border Patrol [Repeatable]
    Mission Type: Scouting
    Mission Rank: C
    Mission Goal: Scout the perimeter of Kirigakure for any suspicious activity to help maintain healthy environments.
    Description: With Kirigakure's rise in status and power, the village needs to have proper scouting handled relatively often. Due to this, the village takes it into their own hands before the merchants request it to handle basic information gathering and scouting to ensure the roads and surrounding areas are safe. Patrol the areas but do not engage in any confrontations, return with the information so a proper ambush can be organized.
    Payment: 15,000 Ryo
    Requirements: 1 D-Class Ninja

Satori was used to patrol. Due to the position, his clan took outside the village is was perfectly normal for him to patrol along the roads and look out for anyone that intended some ill-will. However, this was the first time he’d done so for the village itself as an official mission. It was an oddity, really. Getting paid for doing something he did normally, but he didn’t mind it too much. The extra funds could go into the stockpile he was slowly building in order to build up the official Ryuutei outpost so they could move their location officially.

He’d need to talk to the Mizukage about that. But before he could do that, Satori also knew that he should likely take a partner. It was true that Kirigakure had become a metropolis, a bolstering village with high security and lacked quite a bit of criminal activity. But that didn’t change the fact that there were others that tried to take advantage of the success anyway.

Bandits had become a problem recently, and he knew that. Technically the orders were to not engage the enemy (if they found any), but just in case he wanted a partner. Midori was busy at the moment in a training regimen with Kiyoshi, Riku was helping her mother and Akemi was studying and didn’t feel comfortable performing missions just yet. So, instead, he decided he’d ask Miyu.

Walking toward the girls home in the Ryuutei’s small village, he cracked his knuckles against the door idly. Resting his hands on his hips as he waited. If she were home it would be their first time working together alone; it should prove interesting if nothing else.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo:

Regular Patrols [Private] Empty Re: Regular Patrols [Private]

Post by Short_Stack Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Miyu sat on the dojo / living area of Midori and Miyu's home. Spread before her were the bits and pieces of a senbon launcher she had put together. Nothing new or fancy yet, but learning how to put together such a system was great for body based traps, and launchers.

It was hard sleeping without Midori holding her like a teddy bear. But Miyu knew that training was important. Especially since most people didn't go out of there way to hide their true strength behind gimmicks and tech.

Looking more flashy and tricky. Rather than observant and precise. It was a lesson she forged like the gear she made, with time and patience.

Her bubbly, over affectionately self was still there. But it was tempered in less of a rainbow shield to protect herself from loneliness, but rather a raw joy of helping her family of the heart. Something she truly earned, when she earned her name.

Nonetheless, she missed her number one human. And couldn't sleep without her, thankfully a nice dose of TATA, or working herself hard until she just passed out on the spot helped.

She had started getting her launcher cleaned when she heard the knocking on the front door, quickly putting her launcher together and stocking it with TATA dosed Senbon she yelled in a sing song tone, ” Wa~it a ti~c! Be right the~r~e!”

Springing for the door she wiggled down and got ready to pounce whoever was at the door, opening it she released a pounce as ferocious as a bunny right into the body of Satori,”Big brother! You're visiting! What'cha need?”

Miyu would dangle from Satori giggling like a little kid as she hung like a rather awkward necklace.

Skills:
    Bloodline, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Puppetry, Fuuin, Ijutsu

Stats:
    Strength: C (450) : C+ (Comfortable Living)
    Con: C (450)
    Stam: C (450) : B+ (Uzumaki Female) :
    Speed: D (150)
    Coord: C (450)
    Int: A (950)
    Perc: C (450)

T: (15/ 18)

_________

205 CP / -1 CP per Post (Long Sighted UA.)

Precog: 7 (tied to Empathy UA.)
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu

Post by Satori Ryuutei Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Satori simply endured the sudden clinging of the young woman around his neck, idly shifting himself to the side while she hung from him as he blinked once down at her while she inquired what he was after. Lifting a hand and patting her head lightly a few times in greeting before he would straighten fully.

“I’m going on a mission to patrol the area for bandits and the like. Thought you may want to come in order to keep you busy,” he explained simply as he reached behind his back and pulled out a single paper that was folded. Flicking it open and offering it to her while she clung to his frame.

“C-Rank, pays pretty well so it should help you get the funds you need to work on all your gadgets, and I can put it into the savings fund for our new compound,” as he stated this he would reach up and idly begin removing her from his body, if she hadn’t already slid down and off herself.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:08 pm

Miyu gave a happy giggle at the head pats and listened to the reason Satori was visiting. As he brought out the paper, she angled herself on Best Jungle Gym so that she could read it properly. After perusing its contents and making sure she understood the mission, while listening to Satori speak, would bounce off of Satori and give a head tilt.

”So … we’re getting paid to do what we do anyway? That's a pretty sweet gig, and thanks Big Brother for a split of the money. I'm need to keep busy while Midori's training to get stronger, and I had my eye on a few experiments I want to try.

“Just let me get us some food rations, a few drink canvases, my scratchy scratcher knives, and some drugs and spices in case we need them.”
    Miyu explained while dashing quickly back inside to get the basic survival gear.

She knew as a member of the Ryuutei, Satori might not need them. But with her penchant for getting lost, and her love of covering all angles in a plan. Preparation for her was key. After all she always felt it was better to have something and never need it, than need it and not have it.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 pm

Satori simply smiled at her way of explaining it, nodding once.

“Essentially, yes. If we find anything we’re not to engage, but once we report back I intend to offer us anyway as a solution. Then again, of course, it’ll also depend on if we even locate anything,” shrugging, he then tucked his hands into his pockets and nodded at her statement that she needed to gather a few things.

Letting her peacefully he leaned against the door frame, eyes glancing up as he contemplated the pathways they would likely be taking. Mentally mapping out the loop around Kirigakure, and the routes that he should actually take Miyu on. Similarly debating mental concepts on what exactly he should do if they were ambushed.

Miyu had superb reconstitution abilities, but she was fairly fragile. He’d need to make sure he was on the front line, perhaps use summons to help balance it out as deemed necessary by her. A thought occurred to him as he glanced back at her and arched a brow.

“That reminds me, how are you at carving jewelry, Miyu?” He called into the house while he waited on her.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Miyu got her green canvas backpack and gave it a quickly gave it a peek seeing a few rolls of rope, spools of wire, and a few odds and ends for basic traps and snares.

And searching her and Midori's room she found her Vial Storage System and Ink Claws. They were currently dosed with Numbers, her numbing agent drug. Just in case she was caught off guard or needed a target awake, but not combat worthy for awhile … or drunk.

She heard Satori ask how she was with jewelry as she headed back to the front door, snagging a canteen.

”Honestly I can make some killer bling. I just haven't grasped Fuuin enough to do any Enchanting. Just give me the specs, and when you need it and I can make it for you in about an hour … unless it's a lot or really detailed. Then it'll be up to six.”

Skipping out the door. She’d set her claws in her sash and give a nod to let Satori know she was ready to go.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:14 pm

Satori glanced up at her as she came around the corner explaining that she could get the jewelry done well enough. A grin formed on his lips at the offer as he would release a low hum of thought. Glancing over the items she’d grabbed before turning and moving forward along the path at a casual pace for now while they were still in the Ryuutei Clan’s little village.

“I see. I need a set of twenty peircings, standard studs nothing fancy. Don’t worry about enchantments, I’ll handle that. I’ll buy you the ebony you’ll need to make it,” as he stated this he would stretch out his arms. Ebony was the strongest material known that could maintain it’s form permanently. In comparison to the materials that made up the strongest materials, such as bloodline-based materials.

Walking forward he followed the stone pathways until they reached the edge of the forest and glanced down at her.

“You first. I haven’t trained with you recently so I don’t know where your speed is at, I’ll settle into whatever you’re comfortable with. We’re just going to follow our standard patrol route, so starting here and then looping around the village following the side-trails and pathways.” With a smile, he shifted his weight as he clenched his bare feet against the ground a few times as he prepared to launch himself after her.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 pm

”Oh, that's super easy! Twenty studs shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes, half an hour tops.

“And I look forward to working with Ebony. That stuff makes most of the best stuff. If I was just a smidge smarter, and not prone to getting lost. I could make a Senju Wood-Ebony alloy, and it'd be Ebony with Chakra Channeling properties … that'd be so cool. Extra tough, and make your jutsu cost less,”
    Miyu fangasmed as she temporarily lost herself in the fangirl excitement she got from dreaming up her next big project … something usually prevented by such things as money, study, and the fact she would likely get 'misplaced’ going to the market.

They continued walking in companionable relative silence as Miyu started going through the process of planning the studs, and going over how to best streamline it without sacrificing quality. As well as how to best utilize what she had for the upcoming mission. As her mind planned she’d occasionally give soft hums of approval, or snorts of disapproval.

Once they reached they reached the end of the forest, Miyu was pulled from her thoughts from Satori asking about her speed, and their general path, ”Hmmm … about the same speed as Midori, but just a smidge slower because of my smol body. But yeah, think Midori minus a foot and you’ll have the right speed. But are you sure you want me to lead?” Miyu would ask with a humorous smile and a cocked eyebrow.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 am

Satori glanced down at her and arched a brow as she commented on combining a metal with a wood of all things to make an “alloy”. Chakra, Fuuinjutsu and advanced chemical compounds only got so far.

“More likely you’d need to coat the wood,” he stated simply in reply, “or strengthen it through chemical compounds and Fuuinjutsu,” meandering forward he didn’t comment beyond this. His gaze shifting upward until they reached the edge of the woods.

“You’re only leading initially. Midori’s speed varies tremendously, it’s much easier to just let you go first and then match your speed before leading myself,” he explained with a slight smile. His claws slowly retracting back into his toes before motioning for her to go ahead.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 am

When he mentioned using chemicals to preserve the wood qualities and possibly Fuuin, Miyu gave a loud happy laugh,”Yep, well didn't think about Fuuin, but definitely thought of needing chemical treatment and preservatives. To allow it to survive being ground to particles and survive extreme heat.

So lots of experimentation. Still, you have the forethought of a Chemist. That's awesome Big Brother!”

After getting through the woods and listening to Satori's plans she dashed down the trail. Not the frantic pace of a dead Sprint, but the long sloping strides of a predator. A pace meant to devour long distances, at a clip pace of eight m/s.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:13 am

Satori examined her speed for a moment briefly, before lowering his body and dashing forward as well. Her comment on having the “mindset of a chemist” made him chuckle dryly in amusement. He wasn’t a chemist nor craftsmen, he was a generalist and strategist. There was a key difference there, really.

Still he made no comment and as they began speeding across the ground. His gaze sliding along the surroundings carefully as the patrol began. Moving a few feet forward of Miyu so that he could keep her sense of direction under control, they started with the speed north. They’d need to travel along the border of the village and focus on basic detection before all else.

Now that they were on patrol, the chatting stopped from Satori. If there were bandits he didn’t wish to give away their positioning. Looping around they would begin from the northern corner of the Ryuutei village and head toward the northern edge. The merchants usually came from the opposite direction, but no need not to be thorough.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:17 am

Miyu kept an eye on Satori, while looking at her surroundings for anything out of the ordinary. Something she knew he'd be doing the same. And after several years spending days to weeks at a time wandering around the area near her home village. She had learned what was natural.

It was halfway to the northern edge when she noticed something off, giving a light tug on Satori's clothes, she signaled to the woods. When they made it to the tree she saw, she pointed up to were one of the branches was broke. And tilted her head Questioningly.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:29 am

Satori’s gaze followed her own as she spotted the broken twig, and smiled softly before landing with a light thud as he examined the break. Glancing around quietly, his nose twitched as he lifted his head up. He could smell the scents on the air and released a low hum of thought before his gaze shifted to the side to examine the break. It wasn’t a natural one.

Clearly an animal or person had done it, and judging by the way the bushes weren’t turned or shifted along the trail, more than likely it hadn’t been anything large. Nothing bigger than a deer.

Falling to his haunches he examined the ground carefully, before his eyes focused on the slight indentation in the leaves and mud at the base of the tree. It wasn’t the right shape to be an animals paw. Grunting, he hauled himself up and glanced along the pathway for a few moments before he looked upward and pointed.

A silent signal to scale, which he then launched himself into. Landing lightly atop the side of the tree and using his chakra to harmlessly and silently scale up until they were in the upper branches. His feline pupils dilated as he examined the surroundings, specifically following the trail’s path.

No smoke. So they had some semblance of understanding. It could have also been a lost trader, there was no guarantee it was someone more foul in nature. Grunting he nodded toward the paths direction and murmured softly to Miyu.

“Focus on looking for any old camp fires, weapons, wood shavings, things like that. We’ll follow the side of the path. Anything that could be signs of a large group of people,” with this he turned, and jumped off to continue their patrol. Now at a slight slower pace following the trail that had given them a hint.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:33 am

Miyu watched as Satori investigated the area, trusting the sharp senses of her Ryuutei sibling to be sharper than hers. She looked around while he did so seeing if there was anything else she could currently spot as he did his thing.

Spreading her look to just beyond where he was looking noticed some indentations on the ground from a few footsteps, heading in the same direction as the other one, but couldn't tell size or intent. As he came to her, she’d point it out. And nod at his instructions.

Following the trail, much like following game. She slowed to a sloping, predatory trot. Looking at her surroundings around the very slight trail before her. It was quite a ways when she noticed a branch in the path.

Looking towards Satori she signal the split, and ask if a trap, or misdirection.
    It wouldn't be the first time, a group tried splitting up to send would be pursuers on a wild goose chase, or setting up an ambush later down the road.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 am

Satori examined the split for a few moments, pupils dilating in the low light of the trails and forest as he checked the nearby branches and breaks. Slowly tilting his head as he looked to the right first. There was an obvious set of breaks in the branches.

A low rumble filled his chest. Not because he knew they went that way but the opposite. The branch had been broken downward. Sloppy, a purposeful showing that someone had done it manually not by walking through the forestry.

Glancing to the left he examined the floor of the pathway once more and noticed the slight misplacement of rocks decorating the ground. Fresh wet dirt on their upside. It was minor but it meant someone had stepped there recently and drug out some of the rocks from the earth. Nodding to the left, he motioned with a negative of his hand symbolizing they should ignore the right path.

With that, he took off once more down the sides of the left pathway. As they progressed, more and more signs became visible. Clearly they thought their little diversionary tactic would protect them, and they were getting sloppy. Broken branches, stirred up leaves, even an old stomped out campfire and site. Satori halted at the site, and glanced around. Looking for something that may have been left behind so he could get a scent basis.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 am

Miyu felt a soft snort of amusement leave her as the followed the right path. Whoever these people were, were getting sloppy. Not even wild animals got this sloppy when making their way through the forests.

Eventually the path led them to a fireplace and Miyu tugged on Satori's clothes. Once she got his attention would sign, Don't let guard down. Don't underestimate prey. May be idiots. May be lulling into false sense of security. Be careful.

Miyu would then look carefully around the camp. She always felt more than a little nervous when she felt close to the confrontation at hand. A cautious fluttering of anticipation. It was probably a long ways off but, it was still drawing near.

While looking around she perceived just the tiniest hint of wire. Giving a bird call she’d wave Satori over, point out her find and would continue looking around. For any other surprises.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:41 am

Satori glanced at her as she quickly signed the obvious and tilted his head slightly. He simply smiled, clearly not concerned. Only an idiot just randomly walked into the center of an enemy camp, ‘abandoned’ or not. They’d been barely smart enough to leave a (bad) trick. He had little doubt there were a few things they left here as well: that’s what he was looking for.

Pacing the camp quietly his keen senses easily picked up on the occasional basic trap. Nothing too dangerous, a pitfall covered in leaves, a few spring spear traps. Nothing that would do much to a trained ninja. So likely designed to keep wild animals away.

Glancing down as she gave a low whistle, Satori tilted his head before glancing at the string and let a low hum fill his chest. Reaching down to his hip and pulling out a kunai, idly flipping it in his hand as his eyes examined the line carefully. Following it up to a more advanced spring trap. Why was this one so important?

Glancing around the area, he realized why.

The leaves were slightly disturbed and raised behind it. Grunting he motioned for Miyu to fall back, before he dropped soundlessly from the tree before his claws caught the low branch. Flipping the kunai and hurling it so it cut the secondary trigger wire for the trap, rendering the first useless. The dull thud of the back of the spear trap hitting the ground filling the air; but it didn’t sound like it had hit earth.

Instead it sounded more like hollow wood and Satori grinned. Dropping down from the limb he examined the slight rise in the leaves where the disarmed trap now sat, tugging his kunai out of the spot. Sure enough no dirt came with it; instead leaves and splinters came with it.

Wiping it clean it revealed a small locker of wood that Satori gave a low hum for. Glancing back at Miyu he pointed at the lock. She was the mechanical wiz here. He could just break it open, but this would be more efficient.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:42 am

Miyu examined the lock on the chest. It really wasn't anything to write home about, but that could mean anything. The first order of business was the lock of course, but the real trick was looking for traps that might lie in wait to protect secrets. And this just reeked of secrecy.

Using a senbon with her claws as a fulcrum. She felt around the lock feeling out what sort of lock it was. And after a moment of probing deftly undid the lock. She'd hold a hand up to Satori to wait and signed asking to borrow a kunai.

Cracking open the lid slightly, she slid the kunai in and swept it from one end to another. Feeling two wires being severed, and cracking it a bit more saw a third wire tauntly connected to where the Kunai couldn't reach.

She knew Satori was better and pointed out the wire signing,I cut two wires near the lid. This third one I can't reach. Can't discern nature of traps. Not sophisticated, but efficient.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:44 am

Satori let out a low hum of curiosity at the trap that she couldn’t reach. Examining it for a few moments before he lifted up his hand and accepted the kunai back, and instead tucked it back into its holster on his hip. Switching it out as he instead took in a breath, before he leaned down and sniffed at the air coming from inside.

The scent of paper and ink was enough, as well as oil. A paper bomb trap. Grunting, he shook his head and opened one hand before extending one of his claws. Using it to carefully feel along the edge of it, locating one end of the wire and slowly tracing it back using his long digit to search. Eventually, he found the mechanism.

A basic lighter connected to the wire, likely placed against a paper bomb that was glued to the top. The question was if there was even anything inside it, or if this entire thing was a trap.

But for bandits to use paper bombs, well, frankly that was quite a bit of ryo for them to dedicate to a simple trap. Grunting and resigning himself he flicked his claw, hooking it with the curved tip at its end and slowly drawing it free of its mechanism instead of cutting it. The force would trigger it if he did it that way.

Relaxing at the soft click, he idly lifted the lid after double-checking. Sure enough, two paper bombs were glued to the underside of the lid. A lighter connected to a basic spring mechanism that would ignite the bombs was connected to the wires that had been disarmed. Inside was not ryo, drugs or other items. But instead scrolls. His brow arched and he grasped the first one.

His Fuuinjutsu knowledge came into play; he could instantly feel no chakra flowing through the paper. Satisfied this wasn’t trapped, he popped the scroll open and examined the contents. Inside were the number of men that had been gathered, the general location, and plans for taking out several caravans.

The second scroll contained a map with ‘X’s marking the locations. Satori grunted softly. Well, clearly they were organized, and this was likely an information drop-off for tactics trade. Leaning back to sit on his haunches he examined the locations listed.

Five small camps of three each stationed at different road points, and one main group of six with a leader that was going by the title of “Redeye”. Didn’t ring any bells, which meant if he was a missing ninja he was on the lower rank spectrum. Perhaps D or C-Class in the Bingo Book, if at all. May just be a notably skilled bandit.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:47 am

Miyu watched as Satori navigated the trap and found a collection of scrolls looking at the map. She pointed to where the leader was, Hunt it? See where they go?

Miyu would be grinning at this point. Not the Rainbow's smile she wore out of habit. But an honest hungry grin at a challenge.

She'd follow his lead, and was rather glad at her Devil's Luck being in her favor. She didn't want to imagine the goose chase they would have been on otherwise, or what life would be like without one or more of her favorite limbs.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:48 am

Satori gave a low hum of thought, examining the papers before glancing toward Miyu as she silently inquired about hunting them, and his brow arched slightly at the question. The silent signal of his hand simple.

No hunting. Only stalking. Hunting requires permission.

A silent reminder of the fact the mission was strictly reconnaissance only. If they wanted to try and take out the bandits they would need exact information on their locations, numbers, and general range of skill. They’d need a bit more information; it wasn’t like they could take the numbers and locations in the scroll for their word after all.

Carefully rolling it back up and clipping on its cap, Satori tucked the scrolls into his pocket. His eidetic memory already having memorized it before he turned and began to move in the direction of the first group of bandits that the map had listed. They’d need to stay silent, and keep their distance. But as long as they clarified the information they could report back, and begin the next step.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 am

At Satori's reminder that they weren't to hunt but stalk Miyu would give a slight pout and head tilt. Before Miyu remembered the mission and would give a nod of affirmation, and a quick smile.

Following her Big Brother she'd keep her eyes out on her surroundings and one on Satori. And for what felt like a long distance it seemed they were following a return trail. The companionable silence pretty soothing if one wasn't focusing on the fact that she was on a mission too stalk their prey.

But eventually she started seeing little signs of more recent activity. Getting Satori's attention she'd point to the disturbances and sign, Recent activity, are we close?

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 am

Satori glanced down at the signs as they were pointed out. More tracks and this time far more recent, leading toward a divot in the trail. Satori simply closed his eyes, and listened. The scents in the air, the flow of breath, after a brief moment he was able to narrow it down within his mind. Just as the information said, there were three on watch here. Judging by the movements within, relatively quietly as well.

Satisfied, Satori turned and adjusted their pathways. On to the next location now.

This process continued, carefully dodging and ducking through the surroundings they found the camps one after the other, and aside one that had two instead of three, all of the information was accurate. Satisfied with this, Satori finally came to a halt away from the camps and settled on the final location. Supposedly this was where the leader, and the larger group was located. A large camp within running distance of their current position.

Satori took a breath, if the leader was a missing ninja, then they had to be more careful in their stealth. Slipping up now would ruin the entire ambush in the future.

Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Miyu crouched down low and stalked silently alongside Satori. This was one of those times when his senses and experience would come in handy. Her job right now was to act as support keeping an eye open for anything that he might miss.

Creeping forward it didn't take long to reach their first obstacle of a spider web criss cross of wires hanging blatantly in plain sight. Waving Satori to wait, she examined the trap.

Looking at the ground in front of it she saw displaced leaves that would have been missable for a person not from the Ryuutei looking for it, or like herself had a small lifetime living out in the woods.

Moving the leaves she saw a hidden tripwire with one just a half step past it. She pointed them out to Satori and carefully examined the ground after it. Went to examine the wires, when she heard footsteps approaching.

”Why are we patrolling this area again? Wouldn't the boss’s traps warn us if they were coming?”

”Yeah, but you know how tight a ship she runs things. And her bodyguards can only sense so far ya'know? Don't want to get caught off guard like last time.

She heard the patrol get closer when she hopped over to cover and felt a click. She looked at Satori and signed, Good news? I found out what one part of the web was connected to. Bad news? I found out what one part of the web was connected to.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Satori glanced at her as Miyo pointed out a trap, simply smiling and remaining where he was while she worked. No reason to pile on, if she felt comfortable with the idea of doing this herself he saw no reason to stop her. If things went south he could always interfere as needed.

Relaxing where he was perched, Satori tilted his head and lifted his hands up while she worked, allowing chakra to channel through him before she returned. Commenting that she had ‘good news and bad news’, as he smiled lightly and held up a hand signaling her to simply stop and calm down. The individuals approaching were still a distance away, and judging from the fact the trap hadn’t sprung itself immediately it was a latch trap, not a trigger.

Following the thread quickly with his eyes he moved forward one step before he knelt down and eyed the strand. It led toward a log, and judging by the glint and scent, was a rigged explosive trap just like before. An alarm and bomb all wrapped up in one if it went off. Clever but a bit wasteful in his opinion unless they had large resources.

Thankfully, it would be easy to disarm compared to the limited field of view the chest had offered him. His hand followed the wire quickly, ignoring the sounds of the men approaching before his fingers found the lighter underneath it. One flick of his claw removed the top, completely nullifying the trap.

With that, he motioned for her to get off the wire, and that they needed to backtrack. They could regroup and come in a different direction. This way the wire itself still would look untripped as well, throwing off the guards approaching.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm