Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Spades spade

Kyoji
    Kyoji

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton/ Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Taijutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: Ya boy is ballin

A Spades spade Empty A Spades spade

Post by Kyoji Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Once the Kumo ninja had brought their group with them. It was Kyoji who had been tasked to bring the diplomats to the Mizukage. Walking along the many roads of Kiri, they were picking up a few stares from the civilians. One of the Genin had asked about him and his name. The Genin probably were unaware of the responsibilities of the high ranking ninja such as himself. Kyoji would not offer such information to anyone. So he would simply not answer her, however...

Kyoji had a certain interest in Shimiko's arrival. With the Kumogakure forces outside and Tsubkai in his corner. Perhaps the diplomat would be the last swing of the pendulum that was in his favor. He would need to speak to her. All hush hush that was, the other did not need know what he had in mind.

Stamina: A++ (Senju)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: B > S (EGF)
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

A Spades spade Empty Re: A Spades spade

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Shimiko had told the genin to go off and meet some Kiri ninja while she talked business with Kyoji. The two walked side by side with an entourage of Kumo guards tailing them from behind. The shinobi had enough sense to not eavesdrop but they were close at hand should their leader need them. The ANBU Captain retrieved the black fan strapped to her right hip and opened it up. She fanned herself as she kept pace with her guide.

"How about this humidity?" she said with a playful chuckle. Shimiko noticed that ANBU were often deadly serious. This trait wasn't limited to her Kiri counterpart, she had noticed that her compatriots back home shared the same characteristics. She never cared for the whole undue seriousness of it all but she understood and respected the traditions of the unit. However, now that she was captain of ANBU, there was a lot less pressure to act in conformity with the others. She got to set the tone of her approach and she would do so now.

Despite the tensions looming between their villages, Shimiko would take a friendly and non-confrontational approach to any conversation with this ANBU.

"I'm hoping before we reach the Mizukage, we can come to an understanding. Mister....?" she raised an eyebrow at him. He had not given his name. Even an alias would be better than having to call him 'Sharky-Shark Whalberg'.

Character File

Post by Kyoji Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:25 pm

The fair lady from Kumogakure was bothered by the weather. Kyoji didn't blame her, the land here was something you had to get used too. His biology happened to be perfect for this land, as dry places almost always made him uncomfortable. She had also pulled a small black fan to help with humidity. She mentioned the weather in conversationalist terms, but the ANBU was silent and nodded in agreement. Although new to the position of ANBU and he wanted to make a good name, however times were different.

And answering the swirling tempest within his mind, Shimiko asked for an understanding. She would prove most useful in his plans. Besides, if it were to happen, his identity would be known soon enough. Walking beside her his blue skin was a giveaway for his clan, but whom was a different story. "I am Kyoji Hoshigaki. And you know what, I believe we can come to an understanding. Especially with your meeting with the Mizukage."

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Kyoji Hoshigaki. It was an interesting name. Kyoji's sharish features were also mighty strange but maybe in Kirigakure such characteristics were common. She couldn't say that she knew too many Kiri-Nin. In fact, all the Kiri-Nin she had met had proven to be some of the worst people she had ever known. Luckily, Kyoji was posed to buck that trend. He agreed that they could come to an understanding which was some progress. Shimiko decided to push her luck a bit further.

"Let me start by saying that our intention was and still is to ensure that the principles of harmony and peace ring throughout the shinobi world. Ken Tetsudashi represented a threat to that vision and we sought your nation's cooperation in dealing with him. The most noble and holy Orthodox Church of Jashin attempted to communicate with your Mizukage but he was less than responsible. The Church doesn't necessarily speak for Kumo but let's just say our thoughts align on this particular matter. Rape and enslavement are abominable actions and I'm sure you'll agree that we had every right to liberate the people of the Land of Demons. I recognize that this may conflict with your interests with regard to colonizing the country, but given the way in which it was done, I think its best if we both allow them to remain an independent nation. Ken Tetsudashi is currently in our custody awaiting trial. He's experienced some remorse but not enough for us to let him leave the village. I hope neither of those facts will be a stumbling block to our nations' reconciliation."

Shimiko would continue walking alongside Kyoji. She'd give him a chance to respond and if he agreed then they would have established a foundation. A pair of mutually agreed terms that could be used to broker further agreement and understanding. Now would come the hard subject.

"Léï Zhènyün Inazuma. He was sent to this village some time ago to deliver a message. I trust that he is still alive?"

Character File

Post by Kyoji Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:10 pm

Kyoji listened to the young woman's speech as they continued walking along the road to the Mizukage Complex. Revealing news of what happened to Ken. It seemed Yomi died in the battle for the Hidden Demons Village. The boy whom had attacked them was from Kumogakure. With a battered letter to deliver, he was able to make out the name Tetsudashi Ken. That much they were aware of, however Ken had left the village free-willingly. No attack. Word was he received a guest before he left, not one was able to tell who it was. But Ken had vanished off the map, now they knew his fate. Ken had been sent to do a job, but he had done it on his own way. Kyoji loved the thrill of battle, but there was no such lust for that in Kens domination.

He could see why the villages demise was not received well by the neighboring shinobi villages. Killing innocents was not proof of power. Now that he knew what happened to Ken he could relay the bad news to Shimiko. Kyoji cleared his throat and said, "You speak of the boy. Who attacked our village and Mizukage. He was killed in his attack. Felled by my blade. Which makes up for Ken, that is his own doing.

Perhaps you did not know, but whatever reason Lei was sent here for. He did not do. Seemed to have lost his mind to foolishly attack us by himself. Which makes the village uneasy. The Mizukage will not entertain your vision of the future, especially his views on your church. He has already expressed his distaste with the lot of you. However..."

Kyoji stopped suddenly to turned his head slightly. He grabbed his mask and tilted off of his face so that only Shimiko could see his shark like-features. "I am more willing to listen to Kumo's interest." Putting the mask back on he continued walking. "I and others who are by my side, are giving my bid for Mizukage. In this bid, I'd hope to have the Kumo ninjas on my side. When that happens, we can speak on the best nature of both our villages."

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 pm

Shimiko was surprised at how well Kyoji took the news of what happened to Ken and the Land of Demons. She expected him to demand the criminal's release or at the very least that Kirigakure be able to keep the country he had conquered. Kyoji didn't fight her on either of those issues, but she soon found out why. He revealed that he had personally slain Léï after the Cloudian had attacked Kirigakure. Shimiko stopped in her tracks and concealed her surprise under an aura of hostility. She ceased fanning herself and instead retracted the tessen. She looked him in the eye while gripping it tightly, unable to believe what he had just said. Kyoji went on to say that the Mizukage was not fond of her Church nor would he be amenable to a mutually beneficial solution.

Then the Shark-Man unmasked himself and dropped another bomb.

He expressed interest in taking over Kiri and he wanted her backing. Apparently he already had other shinobi in his pocket and he was using her presence as an opportunity to garner more support. Shimiko would not only be able to bolster his claim by providing force of arms, she could also provide international recognition. The ANBU must have planned this and at that moment her anger was tempered by profound respect. Any shinobi willing to take advantage of key timing and good fortune was one to be admired. The man's visage was creepy. He had the face of a shark and teeth that looked like it could tear through metal. Shimiko decided she liked the fish brute better with his mask on. Kyoji's meta-human appearance didn't make him any less of a stone-cold opportunist though, and so she shrugged and replied:

"I find your story about Léï Zhènyün unconvincing. And if I'm unconvinced then my Kage will be as well. You mean to tell me that a Kumogakure Jounin sent on a simple but important courier mission, randomly lost his mind and decided to attack this village....and the Mizukage of all people? By himself? I don't believe you. If you killed him in retaliation for Ken and the Land of Demons fiasco just admit it and we might be able to work something out. But if you're going to stand here and lie to my face....then...."

Shimiko tucked the fan under her chin and considered her next words carefully.

"How can I trust the future Mizukage of Kirigakure?"

The blonde's mouth was neutral for the most part but there was a gleam in her eye. She hadn't completely refused his offer. Takeo had shown nothing but disrespect for the Church and she owed no loyalty to him. Kyoji suggested that if she supported his bid then he'd be more than willing to work with her. However, he did just admit to murdering one of her village's Jounin and his reasoning was specious and hard to believe. The Inazuma had not been flagged for mental illness during his career and if she thought he was prone to homicidal and suicidal tendencies then she wouldn't have sent him on such a crucial mission. It could be that he was pursuing some unknown agenda at the behest of a third party. It was also possible her judgment was simply off. Regardless of the circumstances, she did believe Kyoji when he said the boy was dead. She would need to recover the body but she couldn't let him get away with such a sorry excuse. Not without some kind of recompense or deal.

Character File

Post by Kyoji Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 am

It seemed the lady was well versed in the politics however the news of Lei's demise was had shifted that nature. As expected. The boy was recognized as an S-rank ninja, an extremely powerful Jounin. It would seem very strange for him to do what he was accused of. Though the Kiri nin were just as confused and confused by the whole ordeal. "You will have to trust me on this at least. We have no reason to kill a Kumo ninja. This happened before we learned that Ken had left his post. And until this moment we now know why. The boy had been sent to deliver a message to the Mizukage's guest, another Kumo ninja. Why would we allow one to leave and kill the other. You should speak to her when you return, she was here when it happened as you all know. He was seen terrorizing our guards, electrocuting them and Takeo. The fight was seen by the citizens. This is why the village has increased security, we are trying to find the reasoning behind all of this. Speaking to the current Mizukage Takeo, you will hear a similar story as he also received major injuries."

The Mizukage Complex was coming into view as they were gaining ground. One of the most magnificent building in the village. A building that held the coveted office of leader of the Mist. "Trust will have to be earned of course. As the reason for Lei's demise was that he was sent there on a mission to capture Ken. I am no liar. And I trust you to find out the truth so you never accuse me of being one again. We are not accusing Kumo of war as this seemed like a two pronged attack on our village. All initiated by the Kumo ninja despite the reasoning. I can release the body to you for your own inspection. And can also show you the bodies of the guards attacked but that will be it. I'll leave the contents of the letter and Ken's capture for your meeting with the Mizukage. If the meeting goes sour with Takeo. Trust the future Mizukage to mend it."

[Exit]

Last edited by Kyoji on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm

He's really not backing down from this story, is he?

Shimiko listened as Kyoji reiterated that Lei had initiated combat. He also emphasized that he was aware that Lei had been at least tangentially involved with the attempted assault on Ken Tetsudashi. It sounded like he vaguely knew of the contents of the letter that she had sent but not the whole story. She wasn't sure if Lei had partially destroyed the evidence, they had perhaps managed to read his mind before killing him, or maybe they had just put two and two together. Whatever the case, Shimiko was beginning to believe that this unlikely story was true. Kyoji mentioned a Kumo guest staying in Kiri and Shimiko realized that he had to be talking about Natsuru. Natsuru had taken a vacation and had chosen to visit Kiri for some unknown reason. Shimiko assumed that business was at least part of the reason why she chose the village, but she wasn't entirely sure. If Kyoji was willing to have Natsuru vouch for his version of the events without knowing how close the two were then perhaps he was indeed telling the truth.

That of course left the question of why the Inazuma would do such a reckless and willfully disruptive thing.

I wonder if the Society had a hand in this...
    . It was possible they had abducted him and replaced him with an imposter or somehow brainwashed him. Nariko did allow them into the village recently and since the decision was the product of a consensus by her Raikage and then ANBU Captain, Shimiko did not challenge its wisdom. However, this new revelation gave her reason to fear that giving them asylum had proved to be a mistake. In either event, Kumo ANBU would perform an autopsy on his corpse and see what they could find. Although it wasn't out of the question that Kiri's ANBU could have staged something or even juked the body itself to fit the narrative they were going with. Fortunately, Natsuru's testimony would either corroborate or contradict Kyoji's version of events.  

"I'd like to recover his body for analysis and of course to take back to his family for a proper burial. I'll speak with the guest you mentioned and get her side of the story. If it all checks out then we'll call it even. I'm going to proceed on the assumption that you're telling me the truth Kyoji Hoshigaki. I'm trusting you and I hope you aren't taking advantage of that. As for this whole Mizukage situation, you have my support on that front."

This Kyoji guy seemed honorable and straight-forward. She could work with someone like that. She hadn't had the pleasure or displeasure of meeting Takeo, but judging from his unresponsiveness to her Superior Sacristan's letters he wasn't the type of person she'd like to deal with. Also, given that he had sustained injuries during his battle against Lei, he probably was prejudiced against Kumo. He wouldn't be able to see the bigger picture and that would only make her job harder. She decided that if Kyoji made a bid for the seat, she'd side with his faction even if it meant aiding in the overthrow of a foreign Kage.

"Let's head to the office." she said.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am