Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+4
Hana Kaguya
Nozomi
Daisuke Kaguya
Shimiko Chinoike
8 posters

The Gladius Community Pageant

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

The Gladius Community Pageant Empty The Gladius Community Pageant

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Gladius' Community Pageant!!

Introduction: Celebrating Gladius' two year anniversary we have decided to host a pageant as our event to highlight the site's rich history of nerve-racking moments, memorable memes, inspiring character design, and general appreciation of the community. If you have recently joined Gladius or have been a long-time member we thank you for choosing us to share great memories with or your dedication to the site, respectively. Most of us leading very busy lives, whether you're still in school or a functioning adult, make an effort to log onto our Discord or squeeze out a post shamelessly cutting into your usual bedtime. Whether your posting partner yo-yos back to you within an hour of your reply and starts annoying you for another post or you get flooded out of an ongoing conversation in Discord, always remember that your activity is the lifeblood of the site and its ongoing success. We will always appreciate anybody who chooses to spend their free time with us. Time is an invaluable resource we are all tied to, and is something we can never replenish or stop. So being here with us and building a community many can call home is something we cannot thank enough.

But let's get down to brass tacks and start this pageant!

Participation/Rewards: Participating in this event will result in the reward. This is a fun, community building event meant to not be competitive. So don't feel discouraged because you feel you may lack writing creativity or imagination. The winner(s) will not receive any bonus rewards and those who lose will not be out of a reward. Participation in the event will qualify you for this anniversary's prize!

To participate in the event you must vote in each category. A template will be provided to submit your vote. Keep in mind that if you wish to receive a bigger prize you must fill out the voter template completely. For the MAXIMUM reward you must vote and submit yourself as a candidate.

BONUS REWARDS:

1. In addition to the rewards listed above, if you do 2 submissions for each category and vote in each category then you will receive 300 Experience.

2. For each category you win in you will receive 25 Experience.

Submission Template:

Voter Template:

You are only required to make one submission to qualify for maximum credit as a candidate, but you must vote on all subjects to receive maximum credit as a voter. There are a total of THREE different anniversary prizes, being a low value reward, mid value reward, and a high value reward.

Party Treats:

Birthday Gift:

Birthday Cake:

Remember that the more you participate, the funner it is for everyone!

The Subject

Below will be all of the subjects for this year's pageant. In this topic you will make all submissions using the template. You are only allowed to make TWO submissions per subject, so choose wisely. After a week all submissions will be entered in and the voting can begin. Another week will ensure everybody has a fair chance of reading the submissions and taking them into consideration. Once the votes are tallied up, a first, second, and third place is decided by the number of votes gathered.

You CAN vote for yourself. You may only vote once per subject.

General Subjects

Best Quote Candidates:

Riskiest Topic Candidates:

Most Clever Topic Title Candidates:

Wittiest Verbal Comeback Candidates:

Most Intense Fight Candidates:

Character Subjects

Most Interesting Character Candidates:

• Kasuo Hideaki
    • Shimiko Chinoike
    • Nozomi Himitsu
    • Forcoy Uchiha
    • Rin Uchiha

Most Attractive Character Candidates:

• Hiroji Senju
    • Shimiko Chinoike
    • Nozomi Himitsu
    • Natsuru Senou
    • Akeno Tatsuda
    • Rin Uchiha
    • Tsuki Tatsuda
    • Higure Tatsuda

Friendliest Character Candidates:

• Shimiko Chinoike
    • Ryuko
    • "Sakata" Simon Kageyana
    • Lei Inazuma
    • Yui/Yua "Chinoike"
    • Tattsu/Neko-sama
    • Kitsuki

Meanest Character Candidates:

• Masuyo Kaede
    • Nozomi Himitsu
    • Tsubaki Kaguya
    • Nikuyo Yuki
    • Hana Kaguya
    • Zurui Otsutsuki
    • Natsuru Senou
    • Kanna Tohsaka

Best Couple Candidates:

• Rin Uchiha & Yui Kotoshura
    • Nozomi Himitsu & Honiko Yoshidara
    • Shimiko Chinoike & Sakata Kageyama
    • Akihiro Uchiha & Kimiko Uchiha
    • Hana Kaguya & Daisuke Kaguya
    • Nee-san Tetsudashi & Marx Duo

Village Subjects

Most Generous Kage:

• Nariko Mizushima
    • Tattsu/Neko-sama
    • Kazuya Uchiha

Most Ruthless Kage:

• Masuyo Kaede
    • Kotsubo Hoshigaki
    • Takeo Yuki
    • Nikuyo Yuki
    • Toonami  Konami Kereko

Up-and-Coming Potential Kage:

• Kureji Toukei
    • Akihiro Uchiha
    • Daisuke Kaguya
    • Ann Yuki
    • Rin Uchiha
    • Hana Kaguya
    • Shimiko Chinoike
    • Kyoji Hoshigaki

Discord Subjects

Best Discord Gladius Meme:

Last edited by Shimiko Chinoike on Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:43 pm; edited 6 times in total

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: 10,000

The Gladius Community Pageant Empty Re: The Gladius Community Pageant

Post by Daisuke Kaguya Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Discord Subjects

Character/Username: Dread
    Submission: Some of my memes, there's a fair few to choose from but to make this easier, I'll put them separately in spoilers.

is stamina getting a buff?:

the "shoo" meme:

General Subjects

Best Quote Candidates:

Taichi's Quote:

Masuyo vs her squad:

Village Subjects

Most Ruthless Kage:
    Kotsubo Hoshigaki:

Kureji Toukei:

Character Subjects

Kasuo Hideaki:

Hiroji Senju:

Whew, that's done with. I'm sorry for how short and brief they were.

EDIT: was only told AFTER I made all these submissions that they don't have to be of my own creation, didn't mean for my submissions to sound very "me me me" but I'll let them stay regardless

Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:25 pm

General Subjects

Best Quote Candidates:

Character/Username: Nozomi Himitsu
    Submission:  "WORTHLESS! You see how Honiko cares for me, even now providing me the tools to take you?! Without her, I'd be nothing but another Kiri slave! I owe her my strength, my power, and you owe her your life, so your power is mine, as I am hers!"
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t2388-the-god-among-us#19931
    ---
    Character/Username: Makahshi Kereko
    Submission: "Enough excuses! That shit corny as hell! Get down and give me twenty pushups! I wanna hear you count each one and don't go down until you give me a goddamn good reason for why you want to be a shinobi. If you can't think of twenty reasons why you want this life then you need to go home, burn your gear, and start looking for a rich husband!" followed directly by "YOU ARE NOTHING! YOU CAN'T COME UP WITH TWENTY REASONS TO BE A SHINOBI?! IF YOU WANT TO BE A FORCE THAT CANNOT BE STOPPED, YOU NEED TO TRAIN UNTIL YOU'RE BODY IS READY TO SNAP. THE SHINOBI WAY IS LIFE AND DEATH IF YOU DON'T HAVE STRONG REASONS FOR LIVING THIS LIFE IT WILL CHEW YOU UP AND SPIT YOU OUT! GIVE ME TEN LAPS AROUND THE TRAINING AREA NOW! TAKE OFF!"
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t383-irritations-and-vexations#2039

Riskiest Topic Candidates:

Character/Username: The God Among Us
    Submission: In this thread, Nozomi Himitsu single handedly accepts a challenge to fight the 3 tails in a control fight without preparation or aid. She additionally refused to kneel to Hizashi, her master's master, in front of her master. Nozomi is risk-girl
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t2388-the-god-among-us
    ---
    Character/Username: The Emberdome
    Submission: Nozomi Himitsu, after choosing to abandon Kirigakure to accept an offer to join Honiko as her student while surrounded by Kirigakure, Konohagakure, and Kumogakure shinobi united to defeat Honiko in the first place, gets locked inside a barrier with all of Kumogakure's Shinobi that were present to fight them singlehandedly.
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1011-the-emberdome-nozomi-vs-ryuko-company

Most Clever Topic Title Candidates:

Character/Username: "The Peak of Victory"
    Submission: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1983-the-peak-of-victory
    I mean, they were on a mountain peak, after Nozomi had just achieved a Tournament Championship. Not only was it at the peak of her victory, but they were at a PEAK after a victory. That's clever as fuck.
    ---
    Character/Username: "Generic Hospital Topic"
    Submission: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1625-generic-hospital-topic
    Zurui Otsutsuki was going around and stealing comatose Otsutsuki Rinnegan in topics labeled "Generic Hospital Topic" and "Generic Hospital Thread" That's FUNNY.

Character/Username: Nozomi's "No you won't"
    Submission:
    Raijin's words:
    Nozomi's response:
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1287-the-rogues-spar#9929
    ---
    Character/Username: Nozomi's overuse of "sir"
    Submission: Back in the day! Nozomi's old Sensei Makahshi was giving her some shit. Nozomi was told not to speak unless asked a question, and to address him as Sensei or Sir. When he asked a rhetorical question, Nozomi responded with an overuse of "sir" in a fashion to mock him, while still following the rules.
    Spoiler:
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t383-irritations-and-vexations#2112

Character/Username: Nozomi vs Shimiko
    Submission: The culmination of the World Shinobi Tournament. The Finale of a fantastic mini arc. The fight was every bit as intense as one would expect from a Finale.
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1859-shimiko-chinoike-vs-nozomi-himitsu
    ---
    Character/Username: Emberdome/Valley threads together as it was one giant fight
    Submission: The Emberdome fight was a fantastic fight as well as a risky topic to begin with. Allied shinobi forces vs a larger threat, both threads were full of intensity. I'm counting it as one fight, even though it was two threads, because they bled into each other.
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t881-the-valley-of-jehoshaphat-plot-thread
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1011-the-emberdome-nozomi-vs-ryuko-company

Character Subjects

Submission: From humble clanless Kiri girl with no friends and a love of fighting, to discovering she was the Jinchuuriki of the 3 tails. From loyal shinobi to Missingnin. Nozomi's journey has been nothing short of interesting. She started off as a nobody, so she thought. Trained and trained to be used as a tool. Was placed under the teaching of Makahshi Kereko and vowed to kill him because she was unstable. Befriended and developed a crush on Yomi. Beat up Santa Clause and his minions. Went on a mission with Kotsubo and Yomi to join a special joint operation mission with Kumo and Konoha, but ultimately defected, joining the enemy of the mission, after having threatened Kotsubo with Yomi.
    She joined Honiko after being forced to fight Kumo's shinobi, and began a training regimen. Developing as a kunoichi, Nozomi became the strongest, proving her might at a tournament by defeating the strongest opponents and winning ultimately. Then she took down the Blood Prison, dealing with a few internal threats more or less alone. Finally, Nozomi went and solo'd a Bijuu without preparation. Nozomi's nothing if not interesting. Between her many personality traits and flaws, she winds up in situations few would find themselves in.
    ---
    Character/Username: Shimiko Chinoike
    Submission: She started Jashinism in Kumogakure. I think that's enough said. That plot has more or less been ongoing in Kumo's developement with Shimiko right there the entire time, every step of the way. I don't have as much to say about Shimiko given I'm not her author, but she's one of the most interesting characters on site.

Submission:
    Spoiler:
    ---
    Submission:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Submission: When she isn't being a sadistic murder cult girl, Shimiko's kindness knows no bounds. She's bubbly and friendly, and you'd never expect the darker side to her.
    ---
    Character/Username: Ryuko
    Submission: This girl was too nice for our world. I don't even know where to begin.

Character/Username: Natsuru Senou
    Submission: Natsuru was a bit of a bitch to her friends. She was a bully as well, especially when the Thundercats were younger. Plus she was racist and homophobic iirc.
    ---
    Submission: Not only is it hard to count anyone as Nozomi's friend, but she constantly looks down on everyone. While Nozomi has some nicer moments, she's been more rude than anything else to most people, especially Raijin, although its mostly in her head rather than out loud.

Best Couple Candidates:

Character/Username: Akihiro Uchiha and Kimiko Uchiha
    Submission: They are a relatively new couple, but they are super cute together. The two are a good ship.
    ---
    Character/Username: Nozomi Himitsu and Honiko Yoshidara
    Submission: The two aren't a couple in the traditional sense, but there is no denying the bond that they have. Nozomi is so fiercely loyal to Honiko that she moved Honiko to shed a tear. Honiko inspires the best from Nozomi. Nozomi is willing to do anything for Honiko, and they even shared several tender moments.

Village Subjects

Most Generous Kage:

Character/Username: Nariko Mizushima
    Submission: Nariko gives to her people without taking hardly anything for herself. Whereas many pad their wallets, Nariko rarely even takes her salary, opting to instead donate her money to other things, or even use her personal money to fund village projects, or give it to Shimiko.
    ---
    Character/Username: Tatts/Neko-Sama
    Submission: She's very lax with precious items and exclusive jutsu, letting people learn them as long as they are able to for the most part. She pays a very decent wage, and allows certain Uchiha to take Sage Tools and move them to less desirable locations without question. Neko-sama is undoubtedly generous

Most Ruthless Kage:

Character/Username: Masuyo Kaede
    Submission: Most Kage don't personally do much, but Masuyo went out retook Iwagakure, and hunted down Akeno, murdering her rather than giving her a chance to explain, or see if she was being controlled or something like that. Masuyo didn't deal in excuses.
    ---
    Character/Username: Toonami and Konami
    Submission: Framing Yanagi for mass murder, embezzling money, these two were a trip.

Character/Username: Akihiro Uchiha
    Submission: He may not want the position, but Akihiro would make a fantastic Hokage. Not only is he actually the smartest PC character, but he's one of, if not the strongest characters on site. Just hit X class, he's a Jinchuuriki, an Uchiha with Mangekyou Sharingan, he's got S tier intelligence, and FTG. Not to mention the exclusives he just picked up. This man is stacked heavily, and could protect Konoha from any threat while using his inteligence and political cunning as well to boost them above and beyond.
    ---
    Character/Username: Daisuke Kaguya
    Submission: Who doesn't love a Kage that knows how to bone? Jk. The man smokes, all self respecting Kage smoke. Nariko does and she's the longest lasting Kage on site. No other kage smoked and they all got the bige death fairly quickly. Smoking breaks the kage curse.

Discord Subjects

Character/Username: Xurious's Gumbo Meme
    Submission: I think, one of the funniest things I've seen was after Nariko made a clutch last minute buy out of the Infinity Armor, since Gin didn't even end up having the money he thought he did to make his armor. I thought that was it, and that the Armor was mine and things were done, and then he posts this thing and I died.
    Spoiler:

---
    Character/Username: Beleth's 13x7
    Submission: The infamous 13x7. Yui's blue ball genjutsu. It's sparked a joke that's lasted since the beginning of the site.

Last edited by Nozomi on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:12 am; edited 4 times in total

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

Post by Hana Kaguya Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:17 am

Best Quote Candidate:

Riskiest Topic:

Clever Topic Titles:

Wittiest Comeback:

Most Intense Fight:

Most Interesting Char:

Most Attractive Char:

Friendliest Char:

Meanest Char:

Best Couple:

Most Generous Kage:

Most Rutheless Kage:

Potential Kage:

Best Meme:

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Suguru
    Suguru
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: 615,000

Post by Suguru Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:08 am

Best Quote Candidate:

Last edited by Capri on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kotoshura Yui
    Kotoshura Yui

Post by Kotoshura Yui Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Riskiest topic thread:

Cleaver Topic Titles:

Kotoshura Yui: Here Comes the Boom
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1487-get-ready-for-the-boom-yui-masuyo

The Battle of the Strong:
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1901-sachi-vrs-yui-battle-of-the-strong

Yui:
    Spoiler:

Uchiha Rin:
    Spoiler:

Kotoshura Yui:

So Yui... choose. Pull the left thread and you forfeit five lives but save a dear one. Or pull the thread on your right and save a grand total of five lives, but forfeit the life of Kanna. Choose."

Spoiler:

Submission: This battle let me speechless it was a first class slugfest and showed what potential two powerful foes could have.
    Nozomi vs Shimiko
    https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1859-shimiko-chinoike-vs-nozomi-himitsu

Emberdome
    Submission: This was insanity at its finest one could say this thread was the definition of chaos and insanity with so much on the line it changed the fate of many on this day.

Nozomi Himitsu
    Submission: She went from just your standard girl to one of the most powerful characters on the site, through hard work and ambition that knows no bounds, I inspire to someday makes an impact on the site like she has.

Shimiko Chinoike
    Submission: She created Jashinism and has fundamentally changed Kumo, she inspires the weak to become strong and is a light shining in the darkness for the helpless.

Yui and Yua
    Submission: The pair are the kindest most gentle girls outside of their murderous rage and violence to those that harm the weak. If you are not that however, they will treat you with kindness and love with all their hearts.
    Shimiko
    Submission: She has given up everything for the twins and has often sacrificed for her friends to offer anything she can. She is always willing to help those in need despite like the twins having a very dark and sadistic side.

Masuyo:
    Submission: For many reasons including not giving Yui the rank of Chuunin and sending her and Rin to fight nine tails. She often is cruel even to her students and ruled Konoha with an iron fist.

Tsubaki:
    Submission: She was nice to pure-blooded Kaguya outside this however she was a horrendous bitch to anyone else. She would treat those not of her clan like trash and had little to no respect for them.

Best Couple: Rin and Yui:
    Submission: The pair have been through so much without ever really fighting with each other, they trust each other and have shown will do anything to help the other even making deals with the devil.

Akihiro Uchiha and Kimiko Uchiha:
    Submission: A newer couple but the dynamic between them is fluid and cute, it is a budding and blossoming love.

Most Generous Kage:
    Nariko Mizushima:
    Submission: She hasn't rounded up and killed the mass-murdering cult in her village enough said.

Tatts/Neko-Sama:
    Submission: Who wants a restricted, they are open for EVERYONE.

Most Ruthless Kage:

Masuyo Kaede:
    Submission: She showed how ruthless she was when she chased Akeno to the ends of earth just to kill her showing no mercy.

Takeo:
    Submission: He blew up his own hospital along with many innocent lives to kill Zurai

Uchiha Rin:
    Submission: He shows great reasoning skills and would lead the village with a cautious but not with an iron fist.

Daisuke Kaguya:
    Submission: He has shown a lot of leadership skills already and shows he could easily become the next kage of Kiri.

Best Looking Character:
    Rin:
    Submission: He a very cute guy and certainly strikes a lot of quality.

Shimiko:
    Submission: She is a heart breaker manslayer and a strong independent woman.

Beleth: 13x7
    Submission: The best Blueball in the history of the site
    Dread: Buff Stamina
    Submission: It spammed this meme for several months anytime a buff was announced we all asked buff stamina.

Last edited by Kotoshura Yui on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu. Fuuinjutsu, Sensory, Doton, Katon, Lava,
    Class: S
    Ryo: 100,000

Post by Tatsuya Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:07 pm

General Subjects

Character/Username: Rin Uchiha
    Submission: Riskiest Topic Candidate
    Rin and his team of Masuyo, Sera, and Taichi approaches the temple that was guarded by a lone Keeper who appeared to already be wounded. After the man's swift defeat, a ghost of Hohoni equipped with his four extraordinary knives manifested. After a couple of rounds, Sera went unconscious and Masuyo took advantage of the smoke and fire to grab Sera before running away from the scene. Rin however, stayed behind as he was not informed of the change of plans. Even upon realizing that he's been abandoned alone to this legendary Sage, Rin still proceeded to fight even if it meant him dying. By all accounts he should be dead, yet by some miracle Hohoni spared the boy and gave the boy one of the knives. | https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t1110-the-lost-temple

Character/Username: Rin Uchiha
    Submission: Most Intense Fight Candidate
    This fight is easily intense as fighting any bijuu is going to require a lot of effort. Let alone restraining the bijuu for so long just to seal Kurama into Rin. Even with the aid of Yui Kotoshura and a couple of A rank NPC groups. It was a fight where any moment they all could die so it was a very intense fight to say the least. With Menza being summoned later on, even the Cursed One was heavily pressured to the point where he took Yui and fled. Leaving Rin once again alone PC wise. Kurama still struggled even after Rin chopped off all nine tails to the tailbone from the bijuu. Yet by some miracle, Rin succeeded in sealing Kurama.  | https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t2035-kurama-awakens

Character Subjects

Character/Username: Tsuki Tatsuda
    Submission: Most Attractive Candidate
    The Gladius Community Pageant 450px-YamaRajaEnPotrait

Character/Username: Rin Uchiha/Yui Kotoshura
    Submission: Best Ship Candidate
    Rin Uchiha and Yui Kotoshura. Since roughly the beginning Rin has been looking out for Yui since the death of her brother, Taichi. Eventually due to them being part of the same team, they became best friends as each of them aimed to be Jounin. Aside from the scene when Yui lost Taichi, they never really fought each other verbally.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 100,000
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: B

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 0

Link to Character Updates: Updated Sheet
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t5187-tatsuya-tatsuda?nid=648#40721
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: X
    Ryo: a looot

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:51 pm

Best Quote Candidate:

Riskiest Topic:

Most Intense Fight: