Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Fleeting Moment, Final Sendoff [Hagoromo's Comet]

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

A Fleeting Moment, Final Sendoff [Hagoromo's Comet] Empty A Fleeting Moment, Final Sendoff [Hagoromo's Comet]

Post by Nozomi Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:33 pm

Nozomi had taken a fresh shower after her fight with Isobu, given that she hadn't had the time to take one since before before the Blood Prison fight. Now that she thought about it, Nozomi hadn't really rested in a long while either, but she would have time for that later. For now she was focused on getting clean and relaxing.

The hot water ran down her body, as she stood in the shower for a substantial length of time, taking care to properly exfoliate her skin and massage her muscles as she did so. Nozomi's body didn't look like one would think, given how powerful she was. She looked small and petite, and soft, but it was because she tended to take care of her body rather than let callouses build up or anything like that.

After she finished, Nozomi formed a few handseals, activating her Water Heaven's Convergence, drying off by removing the water from her hair and the surface of her skin and threw on a robe-like white kimono, which was only mid thigh in length, and tied it off with a sash. Pulling on some underwear and boots, Nozomi was more or less ready. Grabbing a couple of blankets, she headed out to the area she had invited Honiko to, so they could watch the comet, and she set out a bottom layer of blanket to lay on, while using another to cover herself from the chill.

From there, she would simply stare up at the sky, waiting for Honiko if she came, or just watching the comet alone otherwise.

A Fleeting Moment, Final Sendoff [Hagoromo's Comet] Empty Re: A Fleeting Moment, Final Sendoff [Hagoromo's Comet]

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:55 pm

Honiko too had decided to freshen up before her get together with Nozomi. Unlike Nozomi who had the benefit of Water Heavens Convergence, Honiko had to do it the old fashioned way. She had her hand-maidens draw her bath in preparation for her final night on Earth. Nozomi had already cleaned Honiko of most of the blood and grime from the Battle of the Blood Prison. This bath was more for relaxation purposes. It was rare for Hizashi's disciple to even consider such a luxury. But she had discovered that since meeting her successor, she could rest easy knowing that her destiny was not born only on her shoulders. She had someone else to help her carry the burden of reordering the world. Someone just as strong if not stronger than her. The thought permitted Honiko to indulge in idle pleasures without the chronic restlessness she usually experienced.

The handmaidens had drawn a bath fit for a queen. They used organic soaps and bath scents to give the chamber a heavenly smell. The soon to be former Leader of the Society had no use for the mass produced chemical products that the rabble bombarded their skins with. Honiko believed that cleanliness was next to Godliness, and for a Sage as religious as she, only products made from the natural world would suffice.

After the bath, she donned a short kimono not unlike Nozomi's albeit with a black color and pattern. Another indulgence. This was going to be her last time with her disciple in a long time and she wanted Nozomi to not only remember her as a fierce warrior and a leader. She would need to trust that she had cemented her status in the girl's mind. There was no telling when she'd return to Earth and so she decided that the best way to leave a lasting impression on the girl was to dress casually. It'd create an image that was more meaningful and memorable for when she finally departed.

Honiko had packed up all of her belongings and sealed it into a scroll. She had her armour cleaned and prepped for when she was ready to leave. She then left her cabin and headed out to meet up with Nozomi.

She didn't feel bad about making her disciple wait. She knew Nozomi would wait till the end of time for her and in return, she'd cross dimensions to have one final night with her Little Dragon. She found the girl laying underneath some blankets. From the very corner of the sky, a bright object could be seen making its way towards Earth. The arrival of the Comet was imminent.

Without saying a word, Honiko walked over to her disciple, lifted the blankets and slid in next to her. She slid an arm around Nozomi and pressed against the girl. The blanket kept some of the cold at bay but Honiko's fiery body heat eliminated any residual discomfort. The Sage sighed as she settled in next to her disciple.

She had ensured that this area was totally blocked off from the rest of the organization. No one, not even Menza, would be so stupid and suicidal so as to intrude on such an intimate moment. Honiko didn't speak for the moment, she just wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet her student. She wasn't foreclosed to conversation but she also felt comfortable in silence as well.
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

A Fleeting Moment, Final Sendoff [Hagoromo's Comet] Empty Re: A Fleeting Moment, Final Sendoff [Hagoromo's Comet]

Post by Nozomi Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:04 am

Nozomi waited for a bit, but it didn't take too long for her to be joined by Honiko. Nozomi could hear her approaching long before she saw her. She could smell the scents that suggested Honiko had taken a bath as well. Her master had relaxed, something Nozomi was glad about. It wasn't too often that she could see that come to pass, as Honiko was always on the move, rarely taking the time to stop and pamper herself.

She shifted her head slightly to look at Honiko, and saw her, for the first time, wearing a casual kimono, much like Nozomi's. It wouldn't have been something of note for most people, but to Nozomi it was. While many people wore casual clothing often enough to normalize it, Honiko was almost the exact opposite. She only ever wore her armor, geared up almost at all times, to the point that Nozomi saw it as normal.

Her breath caught for a moment, a small stutter of her breathing as the simple look still blew Nozomi away. She knew it was because Honiko trusted Nozomi as much as Nozomi trusted her. No words needed to be spoken, it was the action that gave it away. Perhaps this was the most unguarded Honiko had been in a long time, barring the cave. In a similar sense, Nozomi was also fairly relaxed currently, which was nice all on its own. Shortly, the two of them would have to go back to their lives of difficult situations, but for now, it was just them again. Except, this time, it was truly just them. Isobu was still out of commission, whereas before he'd just been silent.

Honiko slid into the blanket next to Nozomi, sliding an arm around Nozomi, who shifted herself to be closer, resting her body against Honiko's and her head into the crook of Honiko's arm. She could see the sky no problem and was perfectly comfortable in this position.

Silence lasted for a while before Nozomi was the first to break it, having watched the progress of the comet break across the sky.

"The next time we see each other, I'll have proven myself a worthy leader in your stead. I'm not the smartest around, but I've learned a lot from watching you. I won't let you down. I'll keep the Society together and thriving." she said, vowing that she would be successful as the Society's leader. It was new territory for her, untested as a solo leader. For the most part, she'd been a proper Lieutenant, taking charge of smaller task forces, but never the entire project. It was always under Honiko's watchful gaze that her missions had been done. Honiko had always been a simple distance away.

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:48 am

Nozomi was the first to break the silence. The newly minted leader said that she would prove herself worthy and that while she wasn't the smartest around, she had diligently studied Honiko's methods. She promised to keep the organization in working order to which Honiko nodded and replied:

"I know you will...leadership takes more than elitist intellectualism. That's why I was chosen to lead the Society and not Menza Sukiyama."

Just in the way Honiko said the name it was clear she was referencing a loathsome individual. Honiko would have told Nozomi about Menza in passing. They had been told that he was one of the higher ups within the Society. He specialized in research and development, and while her disciples had not met him personally they would know of him and his role. The little that was said about the man was far from positive, but for the first time Honiko felt obliged to warn her disciple about the mysterious scientist.

"I believe in you Nozomi. I know that when I return you will have much to show for your time as leader of the Society. But I must warn you.....now that you are the focal point of this organization, you will need to recognize that your allies are often more treacherous than your enemies."

Honiko held her student closely and stroked Nozomi's beautiful blonde hair as she spoke:

"Menza's erudition makes him a useful ally...but it also makes him extremely dangerous. He's not like us Nozomi, he doesn't believe in our cause. Hizashi's cause. He joined our organization for vain glory and to have access to resources which would sate his perverse curiosity. He desires nothing but knowledge and he often provokes chaos and conflict to acquire it. It will not take him long to realize that I have placed you at the head of the organization and once he does he will put you to the test. Do not indulge him. Do not make deals with him. He is your subordinate and he knows better than to challenge my successor. Afford him great leeway in conducting his own affairs and experiments as long as it does not frustrate our goals. Menza values his independence and so long as he contributes to the organization, I have seen fit to leave him be. If he proves to be a greater nuisance than expected, approach Hizashi before doing anything rash. I doubt he will try to harm you but if he does you can defend yourself although whether you should kill him or not, I leave that in your discretion. For all his arrogance and insubordination he is still useful and he still answers to you."

As Honiko advised Nozomi, the Comet had come into full view. The celestial body slowly streaking across the sky. Honiko could feel Hagoromo's chakra radiating from it. As a dual Sage, she had sensed his approach for weeks. It was dull. Almost non-existent. But it was there. Now that it was actually here, she felt its might tenfold. Honiko closed her eyes and felt its power radiate through her system. The average chakra-sensitive shinobi, animal, or alien would undoubtedly feel the Comet's prescence but for a Sage the experience was magnified beyond all measurement. Honiko remained silent for a moment as she prayed for guidance, strength, and courage. This mission would be her most dangerous yet. She was enjoying her time with Nozomi, but even now, she could feel her spirit steeling for the trials ahead.
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:50 am

Nozomi listened as Honiko brushed her fingers through her hair, melting at the contact as her nerve endings felt like they were exploding with pleasure at the slightest touch. "So keep an eye on him, but let him do what he wants?" Nozomi grunted in affirmation, shrugging. She didn't really care all that much about some intellectual snob like Menza. "He can try to test me if he likes. I'll probably have to prove that I'm effective for him to listen to me. But I don't really fail. If he challenges me, he'll meet with failure. If he doesn't, I'll let him do his thing."

She agreed that allies are probably more treacherous than enemies. Enemies cant betray you, but an ally could. There was a reason that Nozomi didn't usually let herself relax or lower her guard. She wouldn't be the type to be caught out by someone claiming to be her ally. Especially given she was perhaps one of the most dangerous people in the world, and many people would like to take her out. The best way to do that wasn't a show of force, but to catch her with her guard down, so Nozomi just didn't make a habit of lowering her guard.

"Are there any other allies to keep a note of? I know there's Menza, Shin, Nikuyo, and Hizashi, but I don't know much about any of them, and I suppose there could be more as well." It was probably better to ask this now than try and figure it out later when she could just ask Honiko off the bat.

Nozomi looked up at the comet, and noticed that she could feel something. The comet was more than just a normal comet. It was like she was exposed to some foreign chakra. She wasn't a sage yet, but perhaps due to her exposure to the pure chakra of Isobu, she felt it quite noticably. It was almost tangible to her, even at this distance. It filled her with a sense of resolve that was even stronger than usual. As if her convictions would be empowered by the mere presence of the celestial rock.

Shuddering, Nozomi pressed closer into Honiko's warm body, although the cold wasn't what was getting to her. It was the chakra presence of the comet. She'd never been exposed to that much chakra, and this was coming from a Jinchuuriki who battled powerful foes. She had been in Merryweather's presence. She'd been in Hizashi's presence. Served with Honiko for several years, perhaps the world's foremost Sage. This was different. "Shame we can't harness that for ourselves." she muttered to herself.

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:02 pm

Nozomi seemed to get the gist of Honiko's advice. She trusted her to be able to handle Menza. For now, she focused on the pureness of the moment. She could tell that Nozomi craved and desired her touch. It was nice to be able to touch someone in a loving manner. She had almost forgotten what such a thing felt like until she met the jinchurikki. For years she had only known violence as a form of contact. She was grateful to re-learn the art of handling people with care. The monks had tried to teach her, but they were ignorant and weak. She refused to learn on their terms. Nozomi asked her if there were others that she should know about aside from the shinobi mentioned.

"Those are the highest ranking members of the Society. Each individual you listed has their own set of operatives and disciples that they are responsible for. For example, Rin may soon become an important asset for our organization but I wouldn't consider him a member or even an ally per se. Our organization's mission secretary usually coordinates between each branch and its head. He will put you in contact with the spies, mercenaries, and operatives that we regularly employ in each country. The names you listed aren't the only ones of importance but for now consider them your main points of contact. Prying into their affairs is sometimes seen as a sign of weakness so if you contact them or summon them, make sure its important. Menza often dwells on his island research facility of Menzagakure but regularly arrives on the Isles for updates and reports, the same goes for Shin who tends to stay in what's left of Sunagakure, Hizashi stays on the Isle but occasionally leaves to further our mission. Nikuyo can be found in the Pits although we do occasionally request that he assassinate certain enemies."

That was all the background information she was willing to give at the moment. If Nozomi was to prove herself, she'd need to find out the rest on her own. If Honiko spoon-fed her disciple information, than her hunger to learn more would be diminished. It was best to give the girl a taste of each and let curiosity determine what else she learned. Honiko could feel Nozomi squirm as the sensitive one felt the Comet's glow. The celestial rays were powerful and Honiko herself wondered what it would be like to harness its power.

"Maybe one day we shall....if my Master succeeds Nozomi, you won't have to feel Hagoromo's power from a mere rock. You will feel the full might of his glory firsthand"

She stroked Nozomi's hair as she sighed, imagining what such a day might be like.

"Wouldn't that be so much greater?"
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:27 pm

She expanded a little bit of information on each of the top members of the Society, letting her know that that's more or less the top hierarchy. Honiko also let Nozomi know that they had operatives that weren't members, and probably even counted as allies, which Nozomi nodded at. Menza has a country known as Menzagakure? That's a little pretentious. Nozomi couldn't even imagine naming a land after herself and saying that she lived in Nozomigakure. That's just so incredibly dumb.

Hizashi of course spent his time on this island, not that Nozomi found that she would be seeking him out too often. Especially given that she didn't particularly seem to like him all that much. Hizashi was one of those people that probably also didn't seem to like to be called upon very often. She would appear inept if she had to ask him for help on anything, so Nozomi wouldn't approach him unless absolutely necessary. Besides, she preferred to operate more on the mainlands than she did in or around Kirigakure.

Shin spent his time in Sunagakure, which made sense, given he was the former Kazekage. It was probably populated by all of his puppets. He tended to like puppetry, right? Nobody was a better puppeteer than he was, at least not that was known. Nozomi wouldn't really like to spend a lot of time there, but she was told to inform Shin if Akeno had failed. It was possible she'd have to spend time tracking the man down, although she hoped not. Heat wasn't her favorite thing, and nothing but desert was boring as well.

Nikuyo spent his time at the pits, something Nozomi had heard about before. That actually did interest her, not that she cared about Nikuyo any. She wanted to become the champion of the pits herself. There was nothing that she liked more than fighting, other than Honiko. In fact, she might visit there sooner rather than later, and if she didn't have to interact with Nikuyo, that would be even better.

Something Honiko said made Nozomi frown slightly. If her master succeeded then she'd feel the power in person rather than by a rock? "And how is that supposed to happen? Collecting artifacts and techniques and people of power? I don't really get what his goal is, just what the objectives are."

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:29 pm

After two years of eating, living, and fighting together, Nozomi asked the million Ryo question. Why? Why were they out collecting artifacts? Why were they seeking to restore and reorder the world? Why was Honiko taking orders from such a shadowy individual? Hizashi had been opaque in explaining his grand plan to her. She had gathered information by picking up on his hints and conducting diligent research on his background. It was only then that Honiko had come to certain conclusions about the man. It was all speculation and conjecture, but when she had presented her evidence to him he did not deny it. Honiko decided that it was time that Nozomi learn the truth about Hizashi, or at least what Honiko believed to be the truth about him.

"I was hoping Hizashi would explain to you precisely what he aims to do but I now see that that is rather unlikely. He hasn't been forthcoming with me either and I suppose it would be unreasonable for me to expect him to share with you what he has declined to share with me. I will tell you how I believe this miracle will come to pass but know that what I am about to tell you has never been confirmed by Hizashi himself"

Honiko looked up at the comet almost absent-mindedly as it streaked past the sky.

"The man that we know as Hizashi appears to be a middle aged shinobi that hails from the Water Country. In reality, I suspect that he is Jōki the Legendary Water Disciple and student of the Sage of Six Paths, Hagoromo. This would make Hizashi hundreds of years old.....and as unbelievable as that may sound, Lord Jashin is a worker of miracles. The harshness of time has no power over his grace. Hizashi is the one who brought me to Jashin and through Jashin I have been given both immortality and wisdom. I have listened to the way my Master speaks, I have heard about what he speaks of and through his instruction I have pieced together what I believe his plan is. My Master has seen the birth of Ninshū....he has also seen the destruction and chaos that it has caused. The hatred and violence with which humanity has abused his teacher's sacred gift. He has grown weary of their failure and he aims to correct it. I assume he intends to resurrect his brother disciples along with the Sage of Six Paths himself. Once this happens I imagine he, his Master, fellow disciples, and those who serve under him..." She paused for a moment. "....You and I..." "Will have to tear shinobi civilization apart and start from the beginning. Mountains will be overturned and the seas will be polluted with endless blood....it will be total carnage but that is what my Master wills....that is what God wills. Once that has passed, a New World Order will come to power. The Sages will rule eternal and all who survive will have no choice but to bend to their glory. I have created a term to describe such a governance: Senninarchy....rule by Sages. Chakra is the single greatest gift we have ever been given. It is the dominant force by which all things of importance are brought into existence. Who better to rule this world than those that have mastered it? All of the Sages and their disciples will have a throne in that day...and everyone who still breaths will be our subjects."

Honiko sighed and closed her eyes after she had finished finally explaining the purpose of their organization. It felt nice to have someone to share this secret with. She was certain that not even Menza and the others truly understood and appreciated what was at stake. Their mission was much more important than taking over the world. It was remaking it so that the gift of chakra could never be abused or misused ever again.

"The gathering of artifacts is a necessary step in Hizashi's plan. For one, the Resurrection of the Sage and his disciples at full strength is not an easy thing. I imagine it will take power and significant ingenuity to make that happen. Certain artifacts contain DNA imprints of the Sage and the other disciples. Those imprints are minute and have been diluted over the course of centuries but by collecting enough of them we might be able to build a genetic profile which we can use for Resurrection. The secondary purpose is of course to arm ourselves with power. Our organization is great but not limitless in terms of ability. Even with the help of the Sages, we cannot guarantee our victory until every tool of power is in our hands. Every nation on the Northern Continent will ally against us, every warrior and magician on the other continents may back them, beings from other worlds will undoubtedly pose a threat. There is no telling what may come against us and so no matter how powerful our allies are, victory must be assured. The artifacts are our insurance that we cannot be stopped. Every day that tools and individuals of great power are assets for us, is every day they are not being honed in the hands of our enemies....and know that our enemies are great in terms of scope."

Honiko continued to idly stroke her student's hair as she spoke. It was a lot to take in and she wouldn't be offended if Nozomi didn't believe it at first. She hardly could believe it herself upon discovering the truth. But as the evidence began to mount she had come to accept it. This was what Hizashi wanted. This is what he was working towards. She would have still fought by his side had she been in ignorance but now that she knew the beauty and selflessness of his goal, she'd sacrifice anything and anyone to make it a reality. To have one's name etched in the annals of history was the greatest accomplishment that one could hope for. The desire to stand amongst the greatest Sages in history was what drove her forward. It was the purpose that she had been searching for ever since she was young. It was her destiny. And now that she had someone to care about, she prayed that Nozomi felt the same. Their destines were intertwined and on the Day of Reckoning, Honiko believed that they'd stand shoulder to shoulder.
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:41 pm

Nozomi listened as Honiko answered her question with a lengthier response than she could have expected. Indeed, the answer itself was more than Nozomi would have thought as well, given the nature of Honiko's thoughts. Indeed, this was far bigger than Nozomi could have imagined when she had joined Honiko. Originally motivated purely by the thought of achieving a higher level of power than she had at the time, Nozomi had chosen to leave Kirigakure on little more than a whim, but if she was the type to believe in destiny, then she would think that she was put on this path for a reason.

But Nozomi wasn't one to believe in destiny, so she chalked it up to extraordinary luck that she happened to choose the correct path. However, if Hizashi succeeded, she would indeed feel the power of Hagoromo in person. It started to make sense to Nozomi. Collecting imprints of the Sage of Six Path's powers to recreate him, and power up their followers? Gathering the strongest people and jutsu to make sure they were unopposed, while keeping that power from the villages, which held massive numbers. With such an overwhelming enemy force, they'd need power that couldn't be challenged.

Hizashi was actually an immortal being, and Honiko was as well through the graces of Jashin. Hizashi had introduced Honiko to Jashinism so if Honiko had done it, it made sense that Hizashi would have as well. If Hizashi was actually the Water Disciple, then things started to come together a little more in her mind. And of course, Honiko was smart enough to figure this out. She wouldn't have told Nozomi if she doubted that it was the truth, so Nozomi was sure that Honiko was telling her nothing but utter facts.

And if they would end up fighting the entire world, then Nozomi would have plenty of opportunity to get in some enjoyable fights. She understood that things were bigger than just getting stronger for no reason. Nozomi now had a goal. For the first time in her life, her power was to be directed somewhere for a reason. A real reason, not something that ultimately meant nothing. Something that would shape the very world. "The Enlightened Society for Rebirth and Reordering." Nozomi said, musing on the name of their organization. That made complete sense.

"Then I suppose, I should join the ranks of the Sages. I have Isobu, but I'm not a Sage. As it is, my power has plateau'd. I'm as strong as I can get without borrowing the power of the 3 tails. As a Sage though, that's all my own power, so I'll do it. I'll become a mastered Sage within the next year." Nozomi looked up to the comet, making a goal. And when Nozomi set her mind to a goal, it was inevitable.

Even more so, the goal was just. Nozomi may be a criminal, but the goal wasn't an evil one. She was on the moral high road here. Some sacrifices needed to be made, but they'd be for the greater good. Innocents would die, but their deaths would mean something. And Nozomi understood why Honiko was a Jashinist. The death and sacrifice that the religion required wasn't just senseless death and violence. Everything tied together.

However, Nozomi still wouldn't be moved to be a true Jashinist follower. She didn't place anyone's value above Honiko, whether a God or not. She couldn't worship Jashin over Honiko. She may be serving him ultimately, and Hizashi as well, but she was still a loyalist of Honiko's first and foremost. If she changed her goals, Nozomi would still happily stand with her. That was her true purpose. But not behind Honiko anymore. Not as a servant, but by her side. "And I shall deliver us all the Artifacts I come across. Anything to further our goals. They're the most important. Techniques are knowledge, which can be borrowed but not truly stolen. Artifacts only have one physical form."

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:48 am

Honiko used her Mind's Eye to read her disciple's reaction. Nozomi was an impassive girl, but she had her physical tells. Yet physical tells could always be faked or even misread. The subtle fluctuations of chakra, however, never lied. Honiko sensed nothing but awe, understanding, and most importantly belief. Nozomi accepted every word she had said as gospel truth. The gears in her head were turning and she began to see how the puzzles fit together. Nozomi was not nearly as smart as Honiko and Menza, but even a simple girl such as she could see the hand of destiny at work. Honiko allowed herself a small smile as she detected perfect harmony between them. They both wanted the same thing: to rule together. With no one but the progenitor of chakra and his closest disciples above them.

Nozomi realized that if the future belonged to the Sages then she'd have no choice but to become one. She rightfully acknowledged that after defeating Isobu she had hit her ceiling. There was only one way that she could grow even stronger, and that was to become a Sage. Honiko had long considered making Nozomi a Sage but she had decided against it for a variety of reasons. The Dragons obviously would not want a Jinchurikki, and because the girl showed no promise in Ijutsu the Snakes were not a likely choice either. Of course, Honiko could simply force them to accept her under penalty of death but Hizashi had dissuaded her from being so heavy-handed with her summons. He explained that violence was a tool to be meted out with extreme caution when dealing with summons as noble as the Dragons of Watahshi Wasteland and the Snakes of Ryuuchi Cave. That wasn't the only reason Honiko had hesitated to make Nozomi a Sage though. The art of Sage Mode was extremely delicate. It required patience, spirituality, and humility. Traits that Nozomi seemed to lack. The girl was powerful, but she tended to rush into battle without thinking. She enjoyed fighting for fighting's sake and she wasn't exactly the type to pray often and hard.

Honiko did not want to set her student up to fail and so she had largely dismissed the idea. But after Nozomi's performance today, Honiko was beginning to reconsider. She was certain that Manda would be open to the idea given that he was a firsthand witness to her victory against Isobu. She would give Nozomi her blessing on that front, but ultimately the girl would need to prove herself worthy on her own. Honiko could not fight her battles for her.

"Be warned, Sagehood is no easy thing. However, if you strive for it know that there will always be a cost. It will require patience and respect. There are so few teachers left and none of them offer their knowledge without expecting something in return."

Nozomi went on to swear that she would take all artifacts that she came across. Honiko could sense that the girl was serious and sincere in her desire to fulfill their destiny. The Dual Sage lifted a hand to stroke Nozomi's cheek. She gazed in her student's eyes and replied gently:

"I know you will Nozomi.....You always rise to the challenge....your passion and loyalty are inspiring. I promise that when we meet again, I'll have grown stronger as well..."

Honiko's hand drop from Nozomi's cheek and searched out her hand. She interlaced her fingers with Nozomi's and spoke truthfully:

"After all, this world is ours for the taking"
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:32 am

Honiko made it clear that sagehood wasn't an easy to achieve state of being, but Nozomi knew that she could do it. Beating a Tailed Beast wasn't an easy thing to do, and some considered doing so unassisted a feat of almost impossible difficulty, and she'd done that. If anyone could be a Sage, it would be Nozomi. Patience and respect were two things Nozomi would need to use when trying to master it, a final bit of wisdom from Honiko that Nozomi would take to heart.

Honiko promised that she'd grow stronger as well, inspired by Nozomi's passion and loyalty, and her ability to always rise to the challenge. Nozomi blushed, in combination with the words and Honiko brushing her cheek, Nozomi nodded. She knew that Honiko could still get stronger. After all, Nozomi was as strong as she was with less world experience than Honiko had. "I'm sure you'll have blown me out of the water when you come back. I won't be too far behind you though, I promise I'll keep pushing myself as much as I can. Nothing can stop me for long."

Nozomi curled up into Honiko, holding her hand and she fell silent, content and happy to just exist here in silence. She listened to Honiko's breathing patterns, her heart beat, and eventually the two of them fell into a rhythm that perfectly matched each other's. That's how they'd spend the remainder of the comet, before they'd end up having to part ways, potentially forever, but hopefully not.

Nozomi's last words to Honiko were "Please come back safe."

-Exit-

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Honiko enjoyed her last few minutes on Earth with Nozomi in peaceful silence. They watched the Comet together and Honiko felt compelled to stay awhile longer even after the blaze of the comet had left the night's sky. Eventually, she did need to go and when she did they'd trek back to her cabin together. Honiko gathered up her belongings and took Nozomi to the far side of the island. She had grown so attached to her disciple that she found leaving her so much harder than she had anticipated. Despite the longing to stay, Honiko knew that ultimately her destiny would always be more important. She gave Nozomi a kiss on the lips. It was more something to remember her by than it was a display of affection. Nozomi asked her to come back safely and Honiko replied:

"I will. I swear it."

A few moments later, a dark portal opened up near them. It didn't take a genius to know who had spawned the opening. Merryweather could not step foot on the island but she expected Honiko to go through it. The eerie silence on the other end and the pitch blackness of the inter-dimensional doorway would have frightened even the most hardened of ninja. But Honiko wasn't just an average shinobi. She was a Sage. She would not fear the unknown, she would embrace it. Honiko walked towards the portal and looked back at her disciple one last time and smiled.

わたしは、あなたを愛しています

She then faced forward, took a deep breath, and stepped through the wormhole. The portal shut firmly behind her as if it were a cascade of windows. And just like that, Honiko Yoshidara was gone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am