Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

The Grass is Greener on the Other Side

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

The Grass is Greener on the Other Side Empty The Grass is Greener on the Other Side

Post by Nozomi Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Nozomi had escaped from the ambush a while ago, and found herself at a small docking bay. It was little more than a fishery, but there was a ship there that could probably handle the trip across the sea. Nozomi stole the boat without a second thought, and then manned it herself. One of the things about growing up in Kiri was that she learned young how to operate one of those boats.

Luckily for her, she didn't need any assistance, as she could create clones. Once they got onto the water, Nozomi began to work on training her sage mode while they travelled.

The Snakes were less hesitant to teach Nozomi than she'd thought they'd be. Something about her must have been special. Perhaps it was Honiko's allowing Nozomi to sign the contract in the first place, but there had been no real issue with her being taught.

The training was pretty long, but with the clones helping her learn at an accelerated rate, Nozomi's time was more or less spent keeping the ship moving and controlling Sage Chakra.

-
    Made 6 Shadow Clones
    7 Nozomi's Gathering Senjutsu Chakra: 70/130 total

-Travelling to "The Land of Fire" through the water

Wanderer
    Wanderer

The Grass is Greener on the Other Side Empty Re: The Grass is Greener on the Other Side

Post by Nozomi Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Throughout her travel, Nozomi quickly got a handle on the Nature Chakra thing. Clones massively sped up the process of gathering chakra she found, and with her innate ability to absorb chakra as it was, Nature Chakra came by pretty, well pretty naturally. Her body had an aptitude for it, perhaps because of her close bond with Isobu. Whatever it was, Nozomi was quickly able to cap off her Senjutsu Chakra, and spent the boat ride working on Sage Mode transformations beyond that, popping her clones off and making more to keep herself stocked with chakra the entire time.

Isobu was quiet for the most part, but they had some quick conversations here or there. The turtle was much more subdued than he had been after the control fight, as if he was resigned to being Nozomi's bijuu.

"So, why'd you save me?" Nozomi asked. She was curious, after all. If Isobu hadn't healed her, Akihiro would have killed her immediately upon lighting her up. There would have been no escape, and Isobu would have reformed eventually.

"Little one, dying isn't fun. Even for an immortal chakra beast like myself. Besides, you bested me. I know your heart, and your will. Death like that would have been an insult to the both of us." Isobu said softly. He had started to care more and more for Nozomi over the years. She was an interesting Jinchuuriki, that much was clear. Not like the usual village brats he was put in. Nozomi served someone of her own accord, and was free to do as she pleased. She kept things entertaining enough.

"Besides, I was hoping that you'd let me out on occasion. If we train enough, you'll be able to do that without dying. And if you died, then I'd just reform somewhere else, and someone would capture me eventually. At least you're worthy of me." He chuckled.

-Senjutsu Chakra with 6 more clones popped: 130/130

Wanderer
    Wanderer

The Grass is Greener on the Other Side Empty Re: The Grass is Greener on the Other Side

Post by Nozomi Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:03 pm

The two of them chatted for a while, the boat ride made a little bit more fun with the conversation. Nozomi wasn't nearly as moody as one would have expected. The girl had to flee for the moment, but she knew that she'd be meeting up with them all for a rematch at some point, and then she'd be much more ready. Nozomi wasn't one for tantrums. She'd promised to Honiko that she'd accomplish greatness, so she had to be safe sometimes. Honiko had told her that being a Sage would take patience, and Nozomi took that to heart. If she'd been stubborn for no reason, she might have died there, and that would have been the end of her.

Isobu and Nozomi talked a lot about each other, mostly Nozomi listening to Isobu talk about his past, since Isobu knew pretty much everything about Nozomi. It was fair to say that he knew her more than probably anyone, with the possible exception of Honiko, since she seemed to have an intimate knowledge of Nozomi's every move. Nozomi didn't know about the Kagura's Mind'd Eye technique that her master had, but it gave Honiko such a view into Nozomi's psyche that most people just couldn't compare with.

Nozomi listened to Isobu's tale of existence silently, taking it all in, and they seemed to bond quite a bit over some portions of it. The turtle really did care about Nozomi. He thought she was a little misguided, but ultimately just an emotionally wounded girl who dreamed of freedom without restriction. With the proper guidance, namely from himself, he was sure she could achieve anything she wanted to.

Isobu wouldn't say it, but he was glad Honiko was gone. Her influence over Nozomi was immense, and Nozomi needed some agency to perhaps find her own course. Time apart would do her well.

-

-(as for pathing, once Nozomi lands in the Land of Fire, she'll travel through North East Land of Fire -> North West Land of Fire -> Land of Grass -> Blood Prison)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm