Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+2
Chigetsu
Hana Kaguya
6 posters

Class #244

Hua Li
    Hua Li

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

Class #244 - Page 2 Empty Re: Class #244

Post by Hua Li Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:39 am

Some genin fell out, convinced of their failure. Indeed, those had failed for sure now. But it seemed there were a couple of them who did not know about giving up. Chigetsu looked like she'd suffer a complete breakdown. Giving the impression the proctor could count them among the eliminated. Among those whom's mind were broken; too weak to be considered Chuunin. It'd have been quite a downfall considering Chigetsu had been the personality to quietly but persistently walk forward across this path. Not one for spotlights. Just one who barged on ever forward. Yes, if she considered herself failed, Hua Li would have considered it a disappointment in truth. She'd cross her arms as her scrutinizing gaze rested upon the pink-haired girl. Hardly blinking. She'd notice the build up of rage, the snap of the pencil, but the throw itself was practically just a flash before her passive sight. It was the 'tink' against the sprinklers and the missing crayon that betrayed the intention of Chi's action. Then, as if to confirm it all, the downpour began.

The sudden rain send the genin scurrying like rats. Some hid under their desk, others sought the safety of walls and ceiling. There were even members whom fled for the exit. All but a couple remained in place under the sprinkler's assault. Chigetsu, who had it all planned out. And the proctor, who cared little for an innocent sprinkle as this. All the while, many a paper was put to the test under Chigetsu's ultimatum, and even there it seemed that a couple of the people who had considered themselves free to pass the test in a breeze would now fail to reach the last bout. Too bad, so thought the proctor. Those who dropped their defence too soon deserved to fail just as much.

By the time the sprinklers were deactivated automatically, the class room was a massive puddle and the proctor held precious few tests in her hands. Rini's, who she already considered passed yet didn't fail to follow the only two rules of importance by throwing a crumpled test at her. She had asked about her identity all the while, and was given an answer, "Yes, I am Hua Li of the Yokai. Better known as the Demon Smith of Kumogakure.". Her request to pass Chigetsu would remain unanswered, the Tengu only staring back in silence for a brief moment. Until Chigetsu would hand in her test. She'd eye the answers as if those mattered. As if she could still mess up writing down the answers on the blackboard. Then she spoke up to the girl through a wry smile, "You didn't give up. So I guess I'll have to let you pass after all, don't I? Now go enjoy your victory, little Hozuki. I'm sure you'll be ready for the next round after this hell I've put you through.".

She'd briefly observe the girl's reaction after her words, and accept Toshiyuki's offer in turn. Her eyes would gloss over the test, again as if it mattered, and nod in approval of him passing. He hadn't revealed himself as someone to take initiative, but neither had he proven himself to be fazed by all the events. Cool, calculated, prepared. She wondered how much he'd reveal of his true abilities once he'd enter the next round, and allowed him to move on with a single, "Congratulations, Toshiyuki". With most of the class gone either in victory or defeat, the last person of interest to hand in his test was Zeke.

Class #244 - Page 2 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:05 pm

Her legs were still trembling. As she waited for her answer it felt like time stretched into infinity in that moment. All she could hear was the heating of her heart against her chest. It rang in her ears like a metronome, drowning out the natural sound of the classroom. Nothing else existed right then except for Chigetsu and the test. Hua Li would accept it from her after what was far too long. The way she read over the answers, scanning over the answers as if they mattered, and Chigetsu’s heart would jump. She would doubt herself in that moment, wondering if the answer she had written were incorrect. It was only when Hua Li smiled and spoke that the girl could breathe again. She hadn’t realized that she was holding her breath like that, and the moment the pressure had been taken off her she would immediately a deep, desperate inhale. The anxiety of the moment had made her feel as if she was going to vomit, and once the moment ended the lift of the pressure gave her a feeling of lightheadedness wiped her mind for a moment.

She had passed.

Her mind would catch up to reality. Rini, the girl who was now next to her, would be glanced down at, as if Chigetsu had just noticed her for the first time. Chigetsu had heard everything she said when she said it, but her mind wasn’t able to process it until the pressure of the test had been released. Only now were the gears able to begin spinning. This was the girl that made everything go wrong for her and nearly made her fail. She remembered for a moment that disgusting feeling she had felt earlier when thinking about her. Then she would see again the little girl in a wheelchair, soaking wet. The one who had asked Hua Li to let Chigetsu pass and was now desperately asking to be dried off. The sense that she had done something incredibly cruel would now begin to bear down on Chigetsu.

She would wipe up at her eyes. They were still red and somewhat sore from crying, and the fact that she was rubbing at them now probably didn’t help that much. Mentally exhausted by that desperate last stand she had just pulled, Chigetu would immediately roll over and fold like a house of cards the second she had been confronted even the slightest bit. All her confidence in that moment had been a bluff. Luckily, it had been a bluff nobody had called her out on. Even now her legs were still trembling with fear, an after effect of her deeply her body resisted what had just happened.

“S-Sorry! I didn’t mean to, I didn’t… I... U-Uh...” She would immediately exclaim between attempts to dry her face and look somewhat presentable. Once she was able, Chigetsu would look desperately around the room for something to use to help dry off the girl. Given that the room was completed soaked there would be absolutely nothing in the room that was dry at the moment. Nothing except for Chigetsu. The fact that she and her clothing were both dry was pretty inexplicable, especially as she had sat through the shower of the sprinklers just like everyone else. She should have been soaking wet by any right, dripping with each step. Instead it seemed as though she left footprints of dryness against the wet floor as she walked up the room to Hua Li, as if her presence had sucked the water off of what she touched. It was one of the mysteries of the Hozuki Clan, and their full body hydrification. The entire process was somewhat unconscious for the girl, and so it would take Chigetsu a moment to notice that she was the driest thing in the room.

“H-Here!” She would take off her hoodie. It was one of those ones that could be zipped up, and of a fuzzy lavender-purple color. The hood had two little pieces of fabric that were attached that were designed to look like bunny ears, and it was incredibly cute. Still dry and incredibly warm due to its fuzziness, Chigetsu would offer it over to Rini, guiltily giving it over to the smaller girl. It smelled a bit still of the floral perfume that Chigetsu wore. “This is warm and dry! It’s my favorite jacket, you should be able to dry yourself off with it and not get a cold or anything like that… Please take it.” Despite having just passed the exam it would seem as though that one anxiety would move on to the next. Already she was scrambling, terrified that she had done something horrible by essentially bullying a disable girl. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry… I’ll buy you a whole new outfit if you want. We can go somewhere and you can pick it out… W-Whatever you want.”

She would let out a shaky breath, as if she had tried to speak more words than there was air in her lungs. Taking a stumbly step to the side, Chigetsu would lean against the teacher’s desk for support, lest her legs give out from under her. It would take a few moments for her to calm down, and for all that adrenaline to leave her system. “I can’t believe I passed…”

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: C
    Ryo: 25,000

Post by Zeke Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Zeke's previous actions were successful in reacting to the first sprinkler going off. He ducked under the table and filled out his test with as much speed as he could muster. It was a bit sloppy yes but it was good enough to read. The only other problem was protecting it from the splashdown. His top half was somewhat dry and so was the test outside of the splashes of water. He waited out the sprinkler system before emerging from under his desk. He was extra careful with the test as to not get it anymore wet than it already was. Besides under the desks, various shelves and other sheltered areas the place was soaked. Everyone was scattered around the room. Some had already begun to turn in their tests. Some of the other genin came out of hiding and entered back into the classroom to resume testing. With his semi-wet test in hand Zeke approached the proctor.

“Here ya go.” He handed off the filled out test to the proctor he paused for a moment, “Oh you can have your test back too not much I can do with demon script.” He reached into his soaked back pocket and placed Hua li's test on the soaked table. His clothes sloshed as he moved around, each step sounded wet as his feet moved around in his boots. Wheels and Pinky well Rini and Chigetsu were exchanging words as Zeke made his approach. Chigetsu was leaning against the desk as if trying to catch herself.

“Good job Pinky your actions created an opening. Not a fan of being wet but hey what can you do. As for you Wheels, ya got a big brain there, its kind of scary...in a good way.”

Zeke smiled, he didn't have much to say for Toshi because he didn't see the actions he took when he ducked under the desk. There was no telling where this test was going to go after this. Especially since this was only the written exam, it made him shudder a bit, 'This is gonna be a long process but I can't wait.' He thought to himself while he made his way back to his soaked desk waiting for the proctor to tell them to leave.

Post by Rini Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:06 pm

Rini had passed without a problem, quite as she'd expected, hence her devolution back to just a normal girl who was cold and wet. She didn't need to think anymore, and she was getting tired, although that was offset by being uncomfortable. Since she didn't need to worry anymore, she'd just decided that she was going to leave with Chigetsu, who lost her spine as well, now that the big picture thing was out of the way. The two of them were similar in that regard. Rini wouldn't say it, but people made her uncomfortable, and showing off in front of them was exhausting.

And yet, her brain picked up on some of the smallest of things. Chigetsu had been in the water, but she was dry. Her clothes, and entire body weren't wet in the slightest besides the tears. Was the girl immune to water? No, that wouldn't make sense. Absorb it maybe? Rini pieced it together. The girl was a Hozuki. She knew from her studies on Kumogakure from the Inazuma and Hozuki wars about the Hozuki. Water people. Immediately, her mind went to figure out how to take one down. Electricity? They weren't bothered by physical injury. Shocking water shocks their body though.

But then she took off her jacket and handed it to Rini saying it was her favorite and should be able to dry her off and all that. Rini hadn't quite been expecting that, she was just being rude at the moment. Rini put it on and hugged herself, warmed by the cute jacket that had a floral scent to it. "I just want to get my clothes changed and dried. I don't really need a new outfit. I was just hoping you'd have some pajamas i could use or something, and a dryer?"

Chigetsu was interesting. She obviously did this intentionally, and Rini had tried to fail her, but Chigetsu was being super apologetic. Zeke complimented the two of them, and Rini nodded her appreciation. "I'm not strong, so I suppose the offset was that I just become the smartest person in the world. That's why I joined the Chuunin Exams, to test if my brain was better than other people's brawn. I don't honestly care whether I win or lose in the end, it's just a test to me."

Post by Chigetsu Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:01 pm

“I can get you some pajamas or something, I have a kigurumi…” She would trail off. Revealing details about her panda kigurumi in public like this, where anyone could hear, might have been a little embarrassing. Even if imagining the orange-haired girl in it was pretty cute. Instead she would change gears and re-enter the conversation as if that last word hadn’t been mentioned. “I have plenty of pajamas and spare outfits. It all just might be a little bit big on you. You are a little bit shorter… You can come over to my home after this if you want, and we could…” Could what? It dawned on Chigetsu mid-sentence that she invited this girl into her home without thinking first. Was that the wisest idea? She could vaguely hear a voice of reason in the back of her head.

Rini was still wet, despite the gift of the jacket. It was all Chigetsu’s fault too. It was only natural to take responsibility. Unlike Zeke or Toshi, she was in a wheelchair and from a foreign country. It would probably be much harder for her to do these sorts of things on her own. Who knows if the apartment that Kirigakure provided to her was even handicap accessible. Chigetsu knew for sure that the academy building they were in wasn’t. Which make the request of carrying her down the stairs make a lot more sense. Had Rini crawled all the way up to the second floor while dragging her wheelchair behind her? How would she even have been able to do that? It wasn’t something that Chigetsu questioned up until now.

“Hua Li said your name was Rini, right? I have a dryer and washer. You can come over to wash your clothing and whatever you need to do, if you’d like. I’ll carry you down the stairs whenever you want to leave. It’s only fair, since I was the one who did this.”
    The signs of her earlier break were still present through the tear stains on her face, but her composure had mostly returned. “My name is Chigetsu Hozuki… Although you probably already knew that. Hua Li already called out my name and everything.”

She would take a moment to smile. The burden of the first portion of the exams was lifting off her shoulders. Chigetsu had to take a moment to remind herself that none of this was personal. Just because Rini had tried to fail her earlier didn’t mean anything. It was just the nature of competition.

“Thank you Zeke, by the way. For encouraging me.” She would turn to the blonde, still with that hopeful smile on her face. “You’re too nice. I’m sorry I almost made you fail with your paper. It’s nothing personal, I promise… I was just sort of…” Growing awkward, Chigetsu would flash back to bashful again. "T-Thinking back to what I said then feels so embarassing… Please, do your best to forget that all.” It was a request to everyone, rather than just Zeke.

When the time came that Rini wanted to leave, Chigetsu would act as her chauffeur. Rather than make Rini push her own wheelchair, Chigetsu would wordlessly assume the position of doing so. It was just more convenient, along with the whole carrying her down a flight of stairs thing.

[Exit]
    Toshiyuki
    Toshiyuki
    Mist Genin
    Mist Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

Post by Toshiyuki Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:18 pm

“Congratulations Toshiyuki.”

He let the words resonate in his ears just a little while longer. He would bow politely and leave the room. Everything else was a blur to him. The light conversation, the thanks and apologies, the ninja who miraculously stayed dry, and the warmth welling up in his stomach. He would have to reprocess them later when he had all of his faculties. “Thank you. Ms. Hua Li.” Toshi’d rush out the words and they’d notably be lacking the bite that everything else the Ryuutei had said up until that point. Warmly and softly he’d smile at her.

The genin would slide a window open, closing the window behind him and jumping to the roof. Looking out onto the skies, Toshiyuki would begin to get frustrated at himself feeling to proud of himself for simply passing a test. The blues and the grays of the sky and the city would begin to blur, as brown eyes began to sting. He’d lift his head silently taking in the moment before leaping away to the nearest roof top then the next as he made his way home. He was given a chance. He’d beed to train to make sure he didn’t spoil it.
    [Exit]

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

Post by Hua Li Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:34 am

One by one, the genin left class. Now that writing down the answers was about the only thing to do, things went smooth. The test was over; the stress build up slowly dissipated into an eye for joy again. The staple of papers slowly rose as genin brought in their papers and left to say goodbye. Readying them for the next test. As the proctor waited for the remaining papers and the last students to leave class, she kept herself busy penning down notes from the observations she had made thus far. Papers to hand in to the other proctors. With those, the collective could create their teams and provide new challenges. Part of the next round - the survival round - was being prepared. All that while she waited to be the last shinobi in class.

[EXIT], after everyone else did.

6 x 25 XP :: CE posts, not counting 'DM intervention post'
    25 XP :: Proctoring, A-rank mission
    150 XP :: General bonus (no idea, ask Xurious)
    Total: 325 XP

Class #244 - Page 2 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Zeke
    Zeke

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: C
    Ryo: 25,000

Post by Zeke Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Zeke nodded at the two as they responded. “That is quite the goal, to be the smartest in the world. I hope you achieve that goal. And no problem Pinky, er I mean Chigetsu, any time. Plus I didn't fail so no harm no foul.” He stood up straight still soaked. He let out a sigh of relief as this portion of the exam was over. The kid with the mask was still dry, Zeke wondered how he managed that feat. Surely he would be someone to look out for in the next portion of the exam. Whatever that may be. He watched the individual leap out the window, quite the exit. Zeke didn't think he needed such an exit plus he didn't wanna reveal his hand just yet. He wanted to save that for the combat portion of the test. He looked over at Hua Li and nodded. "Thanks for the wild ride teach. Let's keep going and see how this all plays out." Zeke had a huge grin on his face knowing he carried himself through this ordeal. Of course with a little help from Chigetsu from breaking the genjutsu. The hard part of the test was over, hopefully the next part included combat. This is where Zeke excelled. He left the classroom with everyone else the normal way through the door.

[Exit]

Post by Rini Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:55 am

Rini almost laughed as Zeke mentioned that it was quite the goal. He had no idea that Rini was probably one of the smartest people in the world, and had a strong likelihood of, in fact, already being the smartest person. But she didn't say anything. There wasn't really a point, and she was only here to prove to herself that she was capable, she didn't have anything she wanted to prove to anyone else.

"Yes please, I'd love to wear a Kigurumi. They're very comfortable! Let's away!" Rini held out her arm as if a commander on a stead, pointing out to the distance.

And with that, Chigetsu would be a very helpful person, attending to Rini's needs for the time being, since her guilt was apparently super high and she was a very nice girl. Rini of course picked up her jacket that was still in the hallway, ringing it out on the ground as they moved down the hallway, before folding it up and stowing it in a pocket on her wheelchair.

Chigetsu carried her down the stairs, and Rini was glad she was light. Chigetsu was effortlessly able to move the small girl. Her wheelchair came next, and then they went off to hang out for a little while.

-exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content