Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Preparations

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Preparations Empty Preparations

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:32 pm

The cool down was rising over the horizon as four individuals breathed heavily within the training grounds of Kirigakure. They had been out here all night, three of them only doing so at the request of the other. That ‘other’ being none other than Calis himself. They were fellow shinobi, colleagues that were willing to help him practice some of his jutsu. Willing to help him master them and point out some uses and flaws in each one. They were absolutely priceless in that regard and Calis felt people like them were part of the reason why Kirigakure flourished. No, why any village flourished. The list of things these three in particular had helped him with already was nothing to scoff at. They hadn’t liked using him as target practice for his sand armour, but they had done so, leaving multiple nicks and scratches from kunais and shuriken in the process. Now however they were working on even more techniques and Calis had offered to buy them lunch or dinner, depending on what time of day they finished.

They hadn’t even argued, or put up mocking complaint at the request for an ‘all-night training session.’ They had simply nodded and asked which field to be at and at what time. One of the three, a young woman named Elania, raised a hand for a small break and Calis nodded to her. She wouldn’t be a target in this next technique, and she stepped away to watch, taking out a water bottle and taking a drink as she watched. The two others, both men, one named Shinji, and the other named Horan, waited patiently. The jutsu  list he was working on was extensive and he owed them a great deal for helping him with mastering them, but for now he had work to do.

Flipping through four different seals he would focus upon the sand that had already been scattered around them. Focusing on the jutsu he was trying to utilize. It was the big brother to his Sandstorms Grasp. Increasing its size and debilitating effect. He intended to progress it further before they were done. Removing the weaknesses from the technique entirely if he could and giving himself a massively useful tool that he could rely upon to keep his enemies within his control and immediate grasp. Once the four seals were completed, the sand kicked about and rose up into a moderately violent sandstorm. Controlling it’s spin to move counter clockwise, he’d increase its power output and soon could barely make out what was occurring within the technique. This was the weakness of this line of jutsu and why he needed partners to help him ensure it was working as it should. For he couldn’t really see in the jutsu and unless he was outside of it he couldn’t ensure that it was the proper size.

Everything looked good from out here and he watched the edge of the sandstorm expectantly as he fed chakra to the technique. It wasn’t all that much of an energy hog all things considered, he could keep it up for quite awhile in fact and he was pleased to note that. The size of the technique was about 100m around which made for a decently sized sandstorm and if it worked properly, even with some of the drawbacks, the lowered cost would be worth it even if he had to consider it ‘version two of three’ rather than simply the completed version of the technique. Soon enough Shinji and Horan would appear at the edge of the jutsu, having the travel clockwise to make heads or tails of what was going on before the exited, sand covering their forms as they moved over to Calis. A minor effort would pull the sand away from them and back into the dying sandstorm, the jutsu settling down into the scattered sand that it had been before.

Shinji would be the first to speak “Definitely stronger than the last smaller version, however the same weakness is there. We can negate its effects by traveling with the jutsu and not against it.” Horan would nod at Shinji’s words, prompting Calis to furrow his eyes in thought. The size was right, but that drawback was annoying. Even so, anyone caught within the storm would be at his mercy effectively anyway. However that didn’t mean he would quit, he wanted to finish the perfect version of the sandstorm. “It looks like this’ll be version two of three. The increased power and area of effect are worth classifying it as it’s own version alone. You ready for another go and I’ll try to increase the output and remove it?” He’d ask, to which both Shinji and Horan would nod, happy to help. It wasn’t like they had to worry about sand getting into uncomfortable places. Calis could remove it instantly, so it was just time and effort for them. Which any Kirigakure shinobi would be willing to give to another if it meant they might come back from their next mission.

Moving to get into position, Shinji and Horan would look to Elania expectantly he would shake her head with a wry grin. “Oh no boys, my hair’s had enough of that mess tonight. You carry on without me though.” Which prompted chuckles from all three men. Calis knew she’d help if they weren’t here, but with them oh so willing and able to provide assistance she would sit this one out. He couldn’t blame her either. Sandstorms were rough on the hair and skin, and she took pride in her appearance even as a shinobi. There was no need to sacrifice her appearance if she didn’t have to now was there? Still chuckling at her antics, Calis would flip through a single seal. That was something else he wanted to try to do, to focus the chakra through only a single seal so that the jutsu would be quicker on the draw. Channeling a sizeable chunk of chakra into the jutsu the sand scattered about the two men would suddenly fly up violently. Prompting both men to blink in surprise a moment before the sand concealed them in the most violent sandstorm Calis had created that night. It was vicious, even by his standards, but he knew they wouldn’t be truly harmed in it, maybe some skin irritation and he needed to know if the weakness had been handled by the increased amount of chakra.

“Holy..” Elania said as the storm erupted about and viciously spun and twisted around and around in a clockwise manner. It wasn’t an unreasonable response given what she was looking at. This sandstorm was an order of magnitude more vicious than the others. It would take a while, quite a while longer than normal, before Shinji and Haron came from the other side, covered in sandy dust which Calis would of course remove once more. “Fuck, we couldn’t find our way in their worth a hell. Sand kept getting into our eyes and messing with our ability to make out what was around us. That weakness is gone now, thing is vicious.” He would say, prompting Calis to nod with a vicious smirk. Anyone who found themselves caught within that jutsu would nearly be at his mercy off the get go. Surrounded by sand, of which he controlled already? It wouldn’t be a fun day for anything within that storm.

With those two under his belt, he would look toward the storm he was still maintaining. This next technique was for obvious reasons, fucking dangerous. If he did it properly, then the entirety of the sandstorm would become a death trap of electrical energy before dissipating in its entirety. The force of the jutsu was of the highest quality, and that meant he couldn’t, and wouldn’t ask anyone to step inside that storm once more. Not for this, not for a simple test. However, Haron, silent until then, would step forward. Calis’ eyebrow would rise up high in question before Haron spoke. “Next is that lightning jutsu right? I can handle it. I’ll use a wind barrier to defend against it. I can see if it spreads properly throughout the entire thing that way and be just fine afterwards.” The sandy haired man would say. He was of average height, and usually wasn’t one for lots of conversation. However due to that, when he did speak, people listened. Calis would look at the storm skeptically for a moment before turning back to Haron. “Are you sure? This is just a testing of a jutsu, there’s no need to risk serious injury for it.” He would say prompting the man’s head shake. “Not true, if you don’t know it’ll work, it could backfire on you in the field. I can use a wind jutsu to protect myself, like I said. I’ll be in no real danger. I’ll be fine.” He would say, causing Calis to finally give a reluctant nod. “Fine, I’ll give you five minutes to get to the center, if you’re not there, get your jutsu going and look around because my attack will be coming ten seconds after the five minute mark.” He would say, pulling a stopwatch out of a pocket and setting it to a five minute timer. He would hand the device to Haron who would nod in understanding.

Calis would set his own timer as Haron stepped to the edge of the sandstorm. Then he would look back and the two would raise their hands. By unspoken agreement the was three before clicking upon the lowest part of the final hand drop. ‘One..Two..Three’ and the timer began as Haron stepped once more into the howling sandstorm. “So what’s this jutsu supposed to do again?” Elania asked as she moved next to him. A striking woman a little older than Calis, she had blonde hair and green eyes. Calis himself seemed to find himself more attracted to white haired women than not, but Elania was attractive in her own right. However that wasn’t the relationship they had, and that was fine. “It’s a lightning jutsu designed to work with the weakness that my normal Magnet Release has against it. It’s a thin beam of lightning that when striking a magnet release jutsu expands violently throughout the entire jutsu. It should expand and engulf the entirety of the sandstorm. Once it’s over, the sandstorm will disperse, as the magnetic properties causing its movement will disperse due to the interference of the electrical currents. The damage will be caused to the entirety of the storm and everyone inside of it.” He would say causing her to nod nervously as the stopwatch continued its downward tread.

“His wind jutsu should help him right?” Shinji asked, a stupid question, but a nervous one. Calis nodded reassuringly. “Wind is strong against lightning, weakens and disperses its power. Screws with the path of least resistance. So as long as his wind jutsu is strong enough, he’ll be fine.” He would say, prompting Shinji to nod in understanding. “He’ll be fine then, Haron isn’t one to overestimate himself, if he says he can handle this, then he can.” He would say, causing Calis to nod back. At that moment, the stopwatch finished and beeped. Clicking it off and flipping through two seals he would call upon his lightning chakra nature. Arcing bolts of electrical currents would appear upon his fore and index fingers. He’d aim them at the swirling vortex before him and fire. A thin beam of electricity would fire off with astounding force and speed. Striking the sandstorm and suddenly expanding and arcing throughout. The entire sandstorm suddenly became a flash of electrical energy that one could feel where they were, forty or so meters away.

The sound of the electrical surging would send a shiver down Calis’ spine, if Haron hadn’t had his jutsu up in time..But his fears would appear to be unwarranted. As the lightning cleared up almost as quickly as it had arrived and the sandstorm, destabilized now, dispersed, falling into loose particles once more and in the middle of it all stood Haron with a wind barrier around him. He let the jutsu disperse and walked toward Calis with a nod. “That was solid, it arced everywhere, if my barrier wasn’t omnidirectional, I’d be cooked.” He would say, prompting a relieved nod from the genin. “That leaves two more, my particle cloning, and my repulsion field.” He would say, prompting some unhappy looks about the latter. “Look it’s based on the same premise as the sand armor you helped me with and it shouldn’t be as difficult since I’ve gotten that down. You’ll just throw some kunai aimed to nick me, I won’t be in any real danger. However, let’s work on Grand Particle Creation first. That way if something does go wrong with the repulsion, I’ll have trained everything else I wanted to learn.” He would say, prompting nods from the other three.

“This next one is supposed to be my Particle Generation jutsu on a grander scale. It’s supposed to generate the particles in mass amounts every post and give me my weapon of choice. I’ll practice it with sand now.” He would say as he controlled ten pounds of his sand into a simple jar and set it into a pack strapped across his waist. Then he would rise up on more sand and look down at them. “I’m going to try to perform the jutsu and fly around. I should be able to generate more sand from my position at an extremely increased rate.” He would say, prompting nods from all three of them. “Here goes.” He would say before forming the bird sign and focusing chakra toward the sand in the jar. The results would be immediate, and soon tons of sand would begin to generate from his position, falling to the ground meters below at an incredible rate. Tons of the material that he automatically had control over, and much more he simply didn’t, would spew out from his position. The excess would be used for his magnet release jutsu. So long as he kept a small amount on him and kept feeding it chakra to effectively generate more of it, it would do so infinitely. He judged it as generating about four tons of sand every few seconds which was incredible given that his Particle Generation jutsu could only generate that amount once.

He kept the jutsu going for a while, creating more and more sand before landing next to his three companions. “That seems to have worked well.” He would say as he looked around at the tons and tons of sand he generated just before his lack of chakra in the technique caused it all to disperse. “Clean ups easy too.” He’d mutter under his breath, prompting a round of chuckles from his companions. Next however was the jutsu that they didn’t want to help him with. “I need to get this down too, or god forbid I’ll wish I did when someone really does try to throw a knife at me to kill me.” He would, causing reluctant nods from his companions before they moved a fair distance away and surrounded him from three directions. This one was a risky jutsu, and if it could learn it, he’d force many people who relied on metal weapons to use something else or disengage.

Magnetic Repulsion was effectively an ‘armor’ of magnetic energy around him that utilized the same magnetic charge found in metals. This would cause the metals to be repelled from him with astounding speed if he had the technique down properly. If he didn’t, those same metal weapons could kill him. Or god forbid, if he got the charge wrong by mistake, he’d actually draw them to him with greater speed and force than they had been thrown at him with. That would of course be extremely bad, and so he would have to endeavor not to let that occur. With his three companions in position he would activate the jutsu. Two hand seals, dragon and hare, and a sizeable chunk of chakra. The jutsu wasn’t supposed to have a visual component, and from what he could tell none appeared. This is what was so nerve wracking about this jutsu for Elania, Shinji, and Haron. They simply couldn’t tell it was working, until they threw a knife to see.

“Shinji.” Calis would say, prompting the man to throw the knife so that it would nick Calis’ cheek. A force would take the knife, but not enough to repel the blade, merely slow it. So the knife would in fact succeed and nicking his cheek. A trail of blood would appear upon his face, running down toward his neck before he added more chakra to the technique. “Elania.” He would say, prompting the blonde haired, green eyed, woman to throw her knife now. It was aimed at the upper arm. It would stop mid motion and hold there, before slightly pushing itself off some kind of invisible barrier and falling uselessly to the ground. Better but not good enough, it was supposed to repel at the strongest force it could, not simply stop mid flight. “Haron” The genin would say, prompting the man to throw his kunai toward Calis’ leg. It would stop as well, falling uselessly to the ground. More chakra, more energy into the barrier was required. He gave it the power willingly before speaking to shinji again. “Do it.” He would say, prompting the man to throw another kunai at Calis’ other cheek, lower than the first. This would would nick him as well. This told him that he’d over centralized the power of the technique. Spreading his chakra evenly about him he would nod at Shinji again. “Again.” This time the man’s throw would fail, and the knife would in fact repel. It would fling back at Shinji along the patch it came upon, shocking the man into dodging. A surprised blink from Calis showed that he hadn’t expected to work so suddenly.

He had thought it would take a while longer. He reduced the chakra input, focusing on maintaining the technique now before calling to Elania. “Elania, throw another.” He would say, prompting her to throw another at his arm. It would fly back down the same path as before as well and a grin would spread across Calis’ face. “Haron.” He would say, prompting the man to throw another knife, it too would fly off toward the man, following it’s return path. Now the others were grinning openly and Calis’ next word was not unexpected. “Everyone.” Suddenly knives from every direction flew, and the three of them moved as they threw to be away from the original position where the knife would fly through. It became almost a dance as the three moved around in a circle around him, throwing knives, dodging the repelled projectiles. They continued this for a while before they ran out of knives. Then they would move closer to him and Shinji, who wore plated gloves tried to punch him through the armor. It was repelled viciously and Shinji was spun away out of control. He landed well, but the obvious sign was there. If metal was involved, it wasn’t getting through this armor unless it had some seriously badass force behind it.

Deactivating the technique he would smile at all three of them. “That was great, I can work on attuning other items to the barrier on my own. You three have helped me more than enough already. Thank you guys, I’ll meet you all later for lunch? My treat as agreed.” He would ask, prompting nods of agreement from Shinji and Haron, however Elania would raise a hand. “Make it dinner? I want to sleep.” She would say, prompting the other two to agree and Calis would nod. “Very well, dinner it is then. I’ll see you all then.” He would say, nodding his farewells and leaving to go home, shower, and pass out. They had worked hard to help him get those jutsu down, but now he had them and he was slowly becoming a frightening force to be reckoned with.

Exit

WC: 3375

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here