Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Preparing for the coming days

DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Medic | Fuuin | Tender | Blacksmith | Engineer | Chemisty
    Class: B
    Ryo: A Lot

Preparing for the coming days Empty Preparing for the coming days

Post by DamienDarhk Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:47 am

Walking the streets of Kirigakure, Zen soon came to realize why they called it the village hidden in the mist. Even though it was only a slight mist, not enough to really hinder his vision, he could see it everywhere. The good news was that the temperature here was close to that of his home in Kumo, the lack of sun matching the cool mountain breeze. Zen would come to a stop as he reached what seemed to be a training grounds, considering the fact that it would only improve his chances in the exams to get some practice in the boy decided now would be as good of time as any to get in some training before he headed to sign up for the exams.

Zen would walk slowly into the training grounds, not knowing what exactly to expect from the foreign area in terms of training area, looking around for a good secluded place to see no real open area to speak of before looking towards the mountains in the center. It was by far the largest of the three that surrounded the training grounds and so he chose to climb it to the top in hopes of finding a nice training spot. It would not take him long to reach the top of the center mountain, once there he would begin the meticulous training of the Shuurai Tekken Do. Starting in the beginning stance the boy would strain every muscle in his body into position before focusing on slow, fluid motion while flexing and releasing different areas of muscle as he moved from position to position and back. This was not about speed, but rather of muscle memory training to help improve his speed.
    Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Ryo:

Preparing for the coming days Empty Re: Preparing for the coming days

Post by Short_Stack Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:08 am

Miyu meandered through the mountains she had called home all those months ago. She wandered up the hill to train on the mountain tops her and Midori used to train in before Satori left them to the plague. Her constant empathic field spread around her as her Chakra Sensory filled the space around her when she sensed a ninja at her spot.

She slowly entered the clearing to see a black haired Kumo nin standing with tensed muscles. Miyu would give a pleasant wave and announce herself, "Hi! I'm Miyu Ryuutei! Mind if I joon you in a friendly spar? It's been ages since I've had a good workout."

CP : 185 - 1 (184 CP).

UA Used. : Chakra Sensory is always on and drains 1 CP / post.

Skills:
    Bloodline, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Puppetry, Fuuin, Ijutsu

Stats:
    Strength: C (450) : C+ (Comfortable Living)
    Con: C (450)
    Stam: C (450) : B+ (Uzumaki Female) :
    Speed: D (150)
    Coord: C (450)
    Int: A (950)
    Perc: C (450)

T: (15/ 18)

_________

205 CP / -1 CP per Post (Long Sighted UA.)

Precog: 7 (tied to Empathy UA.)
    DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:58 am

The sound of footsteps followed by a voice was a surprise to Zen, however he did not break his stance simply opening his eyes to look at the source of the voice. The girl that stood before him looked to be around his age, and looked to be more than a capable fighter. Sure a spar sounded nice but he had come here in hopes of getting in some quiet training of his own in order to perfect his Taijutsu style, the problem was that it wasn't something that could be done in a spar as it required slow meticulous motions.

Zen would watched the girl, not breaking his stance as her mom are supposed to continued his snail like motion of retracting a punch. He remained silent for several minutes as he sized the girl up, silently judging her reaction to him not answering her right away. Finally he would close his eyes before he spoke, "Thanks but I need to finish my kata." Zen's words would be cold and emotionless, his mind trying to return to his peaceful training.
    Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Skills & Elements: BL, Sensory, Chemistry, Engineering, Taijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:43 pm

Miyu was used to patiently waiting as a person went through their katas or self training. It was a big thing with Midori, so she simply let her mind expand outside itself as as she stepped into the starting stance if Seidouken, letting her awareness and Chakra Sensory to flow into herself and felt the fine tuned burst of chakra massively enhance her strength. Her already huge muscles expanding from the force.

From there she'd go through various movements, her movements would tremble the earth slightly as she moved through a seemingly random series of attacks. The snap of her blows sounding like bomb blasts in the air.

If asked to be quieter, she'd move more quietly, and focused ensuring her movements were precise and strong showing off years of constant honing of her martial prowess.

[2]

CP: 184 - 1 [183]

Seidouken: Fighting Style that boosts Str by 2 Tiers. Relies of Chakra Sensory to utilize it.

Str: C+ >> A+

Skills:

Stats:

_________

DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 am

Zen was surprised by the fact that rather than leaving him, the girl decided to begin her own training while she waited for him. Her feet stomped on the ground and her strikes popped like small explosive, it was a though the girl was intentional trying to draw attention to herself. Zen would do his best to ignore the added distraction as he continued the ever slow motion of bringing his fist back to his chest, however if someone was to walk upon the pair, drawn by the sounds of the girls movements, it would appear as if the girl was performing random strikes around a boy who was standing there like a statue.

It would be an hour later before Zen finally finished his kata, his slow regimen seeming not doing much having only thrown two punches. Though it was not so much what he did, but what his muscles were doing. His arms sore and tingling from the stress they endured, if the girl was still there Zen would finally look to her with surprise that she had waited so long. Knowing that if she had waited it meant she really wanted that spar, "well then I suppose if you are still up for it, we can have that little spar you asked about." He would say as he inhaled a breath releasing chakra stimulate his adrenal gland to help increase his speed, dropping into the beginning stance of Shuurai Tekken Do. Though his training involved slow movements his fighting did not, and he would show this girl the product of his statue-like training.

Flight or Fight UA activated boosts speed by 1-Tier -5cp
    Shuurai Tekken Do style: This style boosts Speed by 1-Tier. -1cp

Current speed: C-Tier
    Chakra 104/110
    Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Miyu had done many types of training since she had been taken in by the Ryuutei. From Satori, the strongest ninja in Kiri if not the world before the plague took him. To his apprentice and Miyu's mother figure / Big Sister, Midori. As well as many other types during her journeys around the world. For her it was an enjoyable experience. Nostalgia, entertainment, self-enlightenment, and self-betterment all wrapped in one.

From the looks of it, the big kid before her was the type of meditative trainer who could put forth a lot of effort and focus into their work. But it was less about exertion and force as much as it was about some alternative goal, and in that slowness, in that meditiative zone, could get a lot done while seemingly putting in very little effort. Satori was the same way sometimes.

But that style of training was rarely Miyu's style outside of her daily meditations, unfortunately if she were to do that now, it could be hours or days before she came back into herself and she didn't have days to spare. Not with the exams around the corner.

So she did her other type of training, what Midori was the most skilled at. Using action and force to push oneself to the limit.

It was an hour after she'd started, a nice light sweat starting to form from the weather and her exertions when she sensed the big kid finish. Looking at him, Miyu would ask "Do you want to have a serious spar? Or do you want to start light and just work on form and technique?"

Not that she minded much either way, it would be a fun exercise and she could have a bit of fun with the new person.

[3]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Zen would consider the girl's question for a few minutes, breaking his stance to stand straight as he thought about it. Although serious spar would be fun it could get dangerous for him depending on the girl's skill level, if she is as fast as she is strong then he would not stand a chance. After all having just started his training in Shuurai Tekken Do, Zen doubted he would be able to give the girl a serious fight. At best he could be her punching bag, if her fists did not crush his bones that is. Just from what he saw of her movements while she waited for him was enough to show him she held power behind her strikes, all it would take is one little slip up from him and the girl could have him splattered across the training grounds.

After a moment Zen would finally answer the girl's question, "Well to be honest I don't have much experience, so it might be better for me if we start slow and then maybe work into more. That is as long as you don't mind." Zen would then return to his beginning stance, shifting his body so that his left side was facing the girl slightly crouched with his weight on his right side. His left hand in front of him parallel with his midsection, his right hand kept behind him but his muscles tense and ready to react. "You see this will be my first time putting this style into practice, I'm more capable with a bow than I am with my fist," Zen would motion to his back where his bow was strapped with a slight chuckle. Though he would have loved to use the bow, that was not why he had come here. Besides the girl was looking for a sparing partner, not to be someone's target practice.

"How would you like to start?" Zen would ask with a smile.

Chakra: 104 -1 {103}
    Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:31 am

When hearing that he didn't have much experience in hand to hand combat Miyu would give a soft, gentle smile, "Sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Miyu Ryuutei, and I actually have a lot of experience in Taijutsu. Midori-Nee and myself would train everyday when I lived here, and before the plague took him Satori, the Clan head, trained me as well. Both of them were very powerful martial artists. I can give some pointers if you'd like?"

Miyu enter into a basic stance, "Usually I'm a lot like Midori-Nee, I act on instinct, and I use Chakra Sensory to help me in combat. But I'll take it a little bit easier. If you have Chakra Sensory, I can teach you later ways to fine tune it, and even use it to help you in combat. If you're interested of course."

Miyu would then wave him to attack, and would allow herself to go on the defensive so she could point out things to help him in combat. Trying to do her best to avoid using her small size to her advantage too much.

----------

CP: 183 - 40 (Seidouken 2 posts) (-3 Sensory).

Current CP: 140

Skills:

Stats:

_________

DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:40 am

The fact that the girl was offering to give him pointers was slightly shocking to the boy, never before had Zen met someone so open to a stranger that they were willing to help them get better without knowing anything about the person. When she mentioned that she was also a sensory user, Zen's interest was peaked even more. Being a sensory ninja himself, meeting one that utilizes it in their fighting style was intriguing. At the very least it would give the pair something to discuss after this little venture.

When the girl waved for him to attack Zen moved without hesitation to close the gap between himself and the girl, when he got approximately two meters away from the girl he would push off the ground launching himself in the air before bringing his right leg down upon the girl. Whether he hit the girl with the downward leg strike or she dodged the strike once his feet hit the ground Zen would quickly move backwards to put some space between them in an attempt to avoid a strike from the girl before lunging forward to strike at the girl twice before backing off once more, this time putting three meters between the girl and himself as he waited to see what the girl would do.

Chakra 103 -1 {102}
    Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:06 pm

The spinning kick from the boy was pretty decent, raising her forearm to take the strike was good enough to get her knees to bend slightly before he backed off, "You really should have followed that up rather than running off. Always think several moves ahead, and press your advantage. Trying to move away like you did is a good way to open yourself to a counter attack."

As he lunged with a hand strike she'd the attacking arm with a fast block while shifting her hips to launch a punch towards the boy's stomach. Before launching herself at Zen and if she got close using Tree Climbing Technique to stand on Zen, allowing herself to keep close via/ sticking to him.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:41 pm

Zen would hear the girl's words of capitalizing on the attack before having backed off as he moved back in to strike her, though she might have been right he was just so used to keeping distance between him and his opponents was a natural feeling for the boy. The girl blocked both of Zen's strikes before striking at his stomach, the punch knocked the boy back a few feet as well as briefly knocked the wind out of him. She didn't hit him hard enough to truly hurt him, but the punch did leave a stinging sensation in the boy's stomach.

The girl would lunge forward looking as if she was trying to kick him, Zen would instinctively grab his bow with his left hand as he side-stepped the girls kick and brought his bow around to strike her across the back with it as she passed by. The strike would do little more than cause a slight stinging sensation, much like her punch did to him. Though he still held the bow in his hand, Zen would make no move to grab an arrow and instead wait for the girl to turn around to face him once more. "I hope you don't mind," Zen began as he brandished his bow. "I always feel more comfortable with my bow in my hand, I hope that little slap didn't hurt you. I did not really think, I just simply reacted."

Zen knew he stood the best chance on the defense, waiting for an opening to strike her rather than charging in head first like he had done. He need to gather more information about his sparring opponent and their way of fighting to learn how to defeat her.
    Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:20 am

When asked if she minded, and that he just reacted, Miyu gave a bright sunny smile, "That's! Perfect! Reacting is important, thinking too much, worrying about the next blow. They slow you down. Always move a way that feels natural to you, and most importantly when you see an opportunity, seize it. Truth be told, I'm more of an instinctual fighter myself. Working to move faster than thought, yet with focus."

Nodding she'd move in and use Manipulated Tools Technique to latch onto the spear while using Nimble Fingers and Spring Chant gain a blur of deftly controlled attack movements and weapon control. her blows would stopped enough to keep from injuring him but would be felt if they landed, adding to the difficulty of keeping a hold of his weapon as the strings kept trying to pull them away.

[6]

CP: 130
    (138 -1: 137 - 2 (Nimble Fingers): 135 - 5 (Manipulated Tools))

Coordination: B+ Body; A Rank Hands and fingers.)

Manipulated Tool Tech can Manipulate 2-H Melee weapons or lower at A Rank Coord.

Skills:

Stats:

_________

DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:34 am

Hearing the girl being ok with him using the bow made Zen loosen up a bit, the girl was right fighting instinctively was truly the only way to go. Though the boy was mainly happy that the slap from his bow across the small girls back did not seem to phase her, as it was not his intention to hurt her. When the girl went to attack again Zen would attempt to move his bow to a defensive position, how he began feeling a tug on the bow that kept pulling away from him making it near impossible for him to move it. Zen could feel the bow pull towards her making it impossible for him to dodge her strikes, though he could tell she was holding back as he knew from watching her earlier she had more strength than she was letting on. Zen would give up on fighting the tug of the bow after the second hit to his gut, instead he would allow himself to be pulled with it using the girls own strength of pulling at the bow against her and slamming his body into hers. Though it wasn't enough force to knock either one of them down, Zen hoped it would be enough to throw off the girls concentration and break the hold she had on his bow.

If her hold would break and his bow was free from her grip, Zen would move as quickly as he could to put some distance between them as he nocked an arrow into the bow. Once he was comfortable with the range between them, in belief that she wouldn't be able to get close to him before he shot as well as had time to dodge the shot, Zen would take quick aim and loose the arrow at her. The boy would then move back towards the girl in order to intercept her as she moved to dodge the arrow, meeting her with his bow to her gut before twirling it around to slap her across the back once more. This time he would give the slap all the strength he could muster in an attempt to cause the girl to stumble, if it worked he would have another arrow nocked and ready to fire at the girl at close range. This time there would not be enough time for the girl to dodge if he loosed the arrow, "well that was fun." Zen stated nearly out of breath from the exertion of trying to get the upper hand on the girl.

Zen of course would be willing to reset and begin their spar again as this was the most fun he had since he arrived in Kirigakure and was good practice for the days to come.
    Short_Stack
    Short_Stack

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Short_Stack Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:47 pm

OOC: T_T I'm so sorry. At first I forgot, then the last week I was too "Blah" to really catch up on any of my posts.

IC:

His decision to use what strength she was using against her was a good idea, but failing to follow through and get her distracted ... that did require a her to teach him a valuable lesson, She'd let Him get back, then would latch a chakra string to his arrow as he fired it, she'd spin it about spanking him with the shaft a few times, "If you're going to be fighting with a ranged weapon, distract or blind your opponents first if you're doing it out in the open. Or have the speed and, slash, or dexterity to overwhelm your opponent. Else you're just broadcasting your attack and letting everyone know what you're planning."

She'd use her string to put the arrow back into the quiver and give a pleasant nod, "Skill is gained through experience, and honestly for a bow fighter, I'd say stick to cover and sniping, or if you need to fight, have several different type of trick arrows. Smoke or Sleep Gas Arrows, Bomb Arrows, Raiton Sealed Arrows, whatever you think would do the job done.

"So even if they see the arrow coming, they have no idea what arrow is coming their way."

---

130 - 5 (Manipulated Tools): 125

[7]

Skills:

Stats:

_________

DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:59 pm

The girl was small and fast, Zen should have suspected her ability to dodge his attack, but he wasn't able to react fast enough and soon found himself being smacked by his own arrow. After the girl finished spanking him, she then proceeded to lecture him on his tactics before giving him advice about the different approaches he could take. The girl's words would get the boy thinking, there had been techniques that he had been working on though he had not been able to put it to practice. Perhaps he could try some stuff on the girl, if she was willing that is. "You make a good point, I plan to be in the chuunin exams. I doubt I will always have cover and I need ways for my arrows to serve a better purpose. But that will be a matter for another day, thank you for the brief spar but I really must be going now."

(Exit)

OoC: even though Miyu stopped all of Zens attempts on using the Jutsu if possible I would like to use the word count in this thread to train. Approvals of Jutsu can be found Here

Overdrawn (custom C-Rank tech) -200 wc
    Snap Shot (Custom C-Rank tech) -200 wc
    Arc Sparrow (Custom B-Rank Tech) -250 wc

Total thread WC: way more than 650

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am