Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

5 posters

Otsutsuki Tweaks/Buff Suggestions

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Otsutsuki Tweaks/Buff Suggestions Empty Otsutsuki Tweaks/Buff Suggestions

Post by Peragus Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:16 pm

A couple of tweaks for the Otsutsuki Clan Chigetsu and I thought of that I threw at Nyg. He wanted me to put them in a post, so here it is.

First off is looking at this

Elemental Mastery:

This is just the ability for the Otsu in question to learn all five basic elements, but it's held back by the fact that they have to pay a cost to switch elements. While they can do so as many times as they want in a post, the cost, is still annoying.

The proposed change is to remove the jutsu and make it a simple passive ability unlocked by sacrificing the skill points and the exp. Which will then simply give all otsu's access to all five elements.

The second proposed change is to clarify the following ability

Black Receivers:

The vagueness of this ability makes it difficult to use. What's the quality? What can it pierce? It clearly states what strength is needed to break them, but the rest of uncertain. Clarifying this will make the ability more useful and give Otsu's an idea of what these guys can do.

That's what was liked so far, any other suggestions?

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Otsutsuki Tweaks/Buff Suggestions Empty Re: Otsutsuki Tweaks/Buff Suggestions

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 am

I definitely like this and am down with implementing both of these changes. I think they will bring Otsu in line with many of the other Enhanced States. I'd say one more thing that could be buffed is the Six Paths ability.

Post by ShimmyToTheLeft Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:17 pm

I agree with this, but I also feel there are some other missing things.

For an Enhanced State, it just feels as if it's weaker to every other ES out there.

110 CP.

Jutsu: Jutsu List

Stuff Made: None yet.

Gear Owned:
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:27 pm

I second everything Calis has said, but have several more suggestions I'd like to make.

Xurious, Vizer, and myself spoke about this subject and discord and all agreed that a +1 Unique Boost to Stamina for the Otsutsuki would be a good change. Otsutsuki as they are now are significantly weaker than any other enhanced state. As they're both a clan, an Enhanced State, cost upwards of 3200 exp to unlock all the abilities of, and also opens you up to being hunted by the other Otsusuki, it should be very powerful.

As of now the Otsutsuki are the only ES that give no stat boosts, while every other one gives roughly 5 Unique Boosts to some stats, and usually additional abilities too. If you were to compare what an Otsutsuki can get without absorbing other paths, any other Enhanced State seems much stronger. If you compare, for example, Sage Mode, it's not even close. The only part of the clan that gives any stat boosts is the Asura Path, and these aren't even Unique Boosts. Given that the Rin'negan has been exclusively used by some of the strongest, most devastating villains in the series (Pain, Obito, Madara, Kaguya, etc.) this is especially jarring. Especially as the Otsutsuki has a massive exp cost, and requires a skill point to use as it's a clan, which is unlike any other Enhanced State.

Changes that I think would be appropriate would be to give the clan a universal +1 or +2 Unique Boost to Stamina. In addition to this, change the Asura Path's boosts to also be Unique, and then perhaps allow the Rin'negan's Chakra Visualization to give a +1 UQ to Perception in the same way that Sharingan does. This would allow a base Otsutsuki to have 2-3 UQ boosts, while someone with the Asura Path, or something who collected all the paths, to have 4-5 UQ boosts.  

An additional change I feel that could be good, is that the Naraka Path be buffed. As of now it's more or less the least appealing path to take, being mostly support. I think that an appropriate boost would be to remove the clause that prevents the King of Hell from healing the user.

In addition to this, while it's not incredibly important, I did speak about how they could canonically breath in space in the anime. This isn't much of a buff, but having it added to the clan explicitly would be interesting if only for flavor.

Additionally, why does the Rin'negan Cipher cost exp to unlock? Unless this will have some relevancy in the plot, it's basically just flavor text. Is that jutsu really worth the exp? Just give it to them for free. All it lets you do is read an alien language.
    ShimmyToTheLeft
    ShimmyToTheLeft

Post by ShimmyToTheLeft Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Oh! Just brought up.

Site Lore Link.

Hamura would go on to sire many children, some of whom would be the progenitors of the world's strongest shinobi clans including: the Senju, Hozuki, Inazuma, Hyuga, Tetsudashi and Kazehana.

It seems to me that not just Stat Boosts, but access to bits and pieces of their descendants skills and abilities (and like Uzumaki and Uchiha, their offshoots).

This would allow them to do things like Bunny Goddess (whom the Kaguya are descendants from) Bone stuff; or Tetsudashi Body Hardening; Hozuki Elemental form (or Tetsudashi as well tbh); Canon Byakugan and Sharingan could elevate to Rinnegan / Rinne Alts.

110 CP.

Jutsu: Jutsu List

Stuff Made: None yet.

Gear Owned:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:44 pm

Ideas I Like
    - Buffing Element Mastery [Calis]

- Specifying Black Receiver quality/hardness [Calis]

- Stat Buff to Otsu [Chi]. My one reservation is that you may not want it to be Unique. Unique Boosts do NOT stack with other Restricted Unique Boosts, unless it is *specifically* allowed and accounted for between two Restricteds. This is to avoid Sage Mode + Jinchuu from annhilating the site. I'd say make their +1 Tier to Stamina be Generic. I would not be in favor of more than 1 Tier to Perc for Chakra Visualization and 1 Tier to Stamina just generally. Both Generic.

- Breathe in space. Sure why not. [Chi]

- Exp cost for reading alien language. I'm fine with nixing that as well. [Chi]

- +10 Implant Modifier for Descdent Clans [SS]

Ideas I Don't Like
    - Naraka Path is strong enough as it is. If you look at the giant random head that just spawned out of nowhere, you either die or lose half your chakra. It also provides an immediate insta-heal to any ally you have. I think its good as it is. No need to buff it. [Chi]

- Canon Byakugan and Sharingan to Rinnegan. Hmmmm, I suppose it isn't the worst idea in the world in the sense that someone could either choose EMS or Rinnegan but ultimately stacking MS with a straight path to Rinnegan is a bit too much. I would not be in favor of those changes. That being said, Byakugan to Tenseigan is absolutely something staff has okay'd. Its just no one has made such a thing on the site yet. The concept is absolutely approvable though. [SS]

Last edited by Kitsuki Kurahasa on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Yoshitsune Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:00 pm

A default generic +1 to Stamina as a part of the clan, and a +1 generic Perception boost from Chakra Visualization would be good, I think. Both Generic. With this and the other proposed changes that you like I would be happy.

Something that could also be done in regards to their descendants is to allow them a boost to successfully implanting their descendants KKG, due to compatible DNA. This could be something along the lines of a +10-20 boost to transplant, or even as far as the base Otsutsuki Clan not counting as a KKG for transplanting the KKG of descendants. Considering this further incentives hunting down other PCs, meaning it's a reward you have to earn, I'm fine with it being a somewhat decent boost.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 pm

Love it! I'd say this is a solid buff for Otsu. Staff will discuss this and will announce the decision as soon as possible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am