Welcome Guest! You have made 0 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

    Around the Riverbed

    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Genin

    Posts : 328
    Join date : 2017-09-25

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 0

    Around the Riverbed Empty Around the Riverbed

    Post by Andariel Bloodworth on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:47 am

    Appearance:

    From her feet Andariel wears a standard pair of black leather combat boots which extend up just below her knees. These are paired with a set of steel plated shin guards which protect the top part of her feet and up to just below the sleeve of her boots. The shin guards are buckled by several straps around the back side. Paired with her setup is a pair of simple black pants offering minimal protection except from the elements. On her top she dons a metallic gray arming coat which protects her torso and arms. The entire affair is shrouded by a short sleeve mail hauberk which had its sleeves ending just at her elbows. The rest of the hauberk extended down to her knees acting like a skirt. She wears a double leather sash around her waist to help distribute the weight of the hauberk, increase mobility, and stow weaponry. Over her torso she wore a piece of breastplate which was accompanied with a back plate providing full coverage to her vital organs. A bit of a neck guard made of raised steel from the breastplate also helped protect the sides and back of her neck.

    On the far right of her uppermost belt she carries her arming sword. It was a standard arming sword with a leather-wrapped grip, steel pommel, crossguard, and double-edged blade tapering to a point. This was stored in a standard black leather scabbard. On the same belt to her left side is a small steel buckler hooked to her belt by an attachment. Further behind the shield setup are five kunai fitted into slots on her belt being held securely in place. To her right side located before her sword on the second belt she carried a simple one-handed steel mace. Around her back side and secured with a leather strap is a brown leather satchel which was suspended next another leather pouch, this one labeled with a red cross to signify it being a medkit. Across her torso she wears a leather baldric which supports a two-handed ax worn on her back and a dagger on the front closer to her abdomen. The ax has a sturdy, oak shaft accompanied by a large crescent head. Her lower arms are protected by a set of black leather gloves which cover her hands entirely up to her elbows. Much like her boots these are supported by a pair of steel arm guards protecting the forearm and back hands.

    Andariel herself is a tall, voluptuous woman standing 6'3 and weighing 160 lbs. Her skin is a pure white tone free from any blemishes, sun marks, or body hair. The only sign of hair on her body is from her head. Silky, jet black hair cascades down her back ending just at her tailbone. Her eyes are a golden amber and standard in appearance. Protruding through her hair Andariel has a pair of white horns which extend outwards but curve just slightly inwards towards the end allowing them to serve as functional tools in combat if necessary.

    Andariel and Ikomiki were among the first to leave the moment the gates opened. They didn't have any distractions and hopefully the cat girl was feeling much better with her wound treated. Andariel wasn't one built for agility. She took off with a charge when the gates opened, but after a few minutes she slowed her pace into a walk. They were both still in the thick of the jungle, Andariel watching her step to make sure she didn't get tangled any vines or tall grass. It was kinda annoying for her given how much cumbersome gear she carried. Ikomiki would likely be close behind her. If her partner got distracted, Andariel would wait for her to finish her business. Andariel didn't demand much from her partner. She enjoyed the nature most likely as much as the girl did.

    Given an hour in the jungle they both would manage to reach a river which streamed through the entire training area. It was one of the largest rivers in the training area and was the first sign of progress. The jungle they traversed became a lot less dense, and just over the river was the middle layer of the jungle. Andariel could see clearly on that side with the trees being a lot less dense and bushy. It actually looked inviting and a place they should settle when it was time to camp. The river was abundant in freshwater fish as colorful tropical fish moved through the rather clear waters. The river itself was twenty meters across and few meters deep. It carried a strong current that would likely wash anybody away who wasn't a powerful swimming. Although Andariel never truly adapted to the ninja lifestyle she did keep some Ninjutsu in practice for the sake of practicality. And that technique was the water walking technique. It would come in handy in this situation.

    Before she continued, though, she figured they could use a small break. Andariel was far from tired, but she knew that in the long term this wouldn't be the case. She wanted to make sure they had everything they needed to last the full five days. The Oni would kneel next to the river and fill her canteen up with fresh water from the river. The rain still feel persistently, but it wasn't unbearable. Andariel was warm and dry for the most part. She could use some food, but her snacks would've been confiscated at the security checkpoint. So she decided to leave them at home.


    _________________
    Strength: B+
    Constitution: C (C+ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B+
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2020-01-02

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Ikomiki on Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:52 pm

    Nature was liberating. Being out in the jungle, while not exactly the same as the forests of northern Konoha that she had been raised in, felt like being at a home away from home. Even if there were some differences in the likes of foliage and the general atmosphere it was still leagues better than being in the city again. Ikomiki was able to move freely again, stepping between vines and trees and rocks and moss instead of having to weave through people and crowds. The noise would be limited to the gentle chatter of birds and whatever subtle noises came from the environment, rather than an omnipresent blur of human speech. The air was cleaner. The water was fresher. She didn’t have to feel claustrophobic. It was pleasant. Even with what had happened in the last several days, and the knowledge that they would likely have to hunt or be hunted in this survival arena, Ikomiki would be at ease for the first time in a while.

    The river would catch her attention as it came into view. It was something that could be heard before it was seen, with all its babbling and the sounds of rushing water, but seeing it was something different all together. While normally not one to care much for water, given her feline nature, the streaming fish that were abundant in the moving waters would immediately catch her eye. The tropical fish that moved around were something new to her all together, having never seen anything along their lines while living in Konoha’s forests. She would find herself drawn to them almost instinctively, walking to the edge of the river. As her partner, Andariel, used the running water to fill her canteen Ikomiki would pursue a different goal. With her eyes wide and gleaming she would study the subtle movements of the fish. Ever so slightly she would edge further, walking into the shallow exterior of the river until it reached to her knees. There she would stop, unwilling to enter any further. Her tail would be curled up as well, as to not let it get wet.

    With a sudden flash of her arms she would slash an open hand down into the waters. As she pulled her fist back it would contain a large fish, which she had tightly grasped around the head. Being a light green color with a stripe of pink down its sides it could be easily identified as a rainbow trout. It would flail and squirm in her hand, but Ikomiki kept a good grip on the slimy little thing. She would look exceedingly pleased with herself, as if she had just accomplished something magnificent.


    _________________
    Character Sheet:
    Character Name: Ikomiki Otsutsuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 2300
    Renown: 25
    Ryo: 20,000
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: C++
    • Stamina: A++
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: C

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 3

    Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t2831-ikomiki-s-updates#22390
    Toshiyuki
    Toshiyuki

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2019-12-25
    Age : 25
    Location : Preferably, Under My Blankets

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Toshiyuki on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 am

    "So is that an, uh, acceptable plan?" The genin would finish as he hurriedly followed the trail that the two had found with his partner for this part of the exams, a ninja he'd never known. She seemed a bit strange for a genin, but he doubted she was headstrong. Maybe that was for the best, yeah? Toshi would continue forward until the tracks of the what he hoped were two more genin began to seem fresher. He wouldn't do much, he'd simply nod at Ayaka signalling her as he would peel slightly ahead until he cleared the forest.

    Emerging from the brush would be a ninja with short mid calf pants on that had two knife holsters on his left leg, a hip pouch on the small of his back, and one on his left side. He noteably also had a massive backpack and a thick, fur-lined jacket that was maybe a bit too warm for the current weather. Slowly he'd take his backpack off and approach. He’d notice the cat-eared ninja with the fish.

    Through a cloth mask, a smiling Toshi would raise his left hand up as a sign that he wasn’t pulling any tricks. His right hand, which was in a cast would remain stationary. “I’ve been following your tracks for some time now.” He would nod lightly towards the jungle floor still loamy and wet from the rain  “I don’t think I could win a two v one fight, so I’d like to propose we compile our resources. A temporary truce, if you will, until we collect the totems.” Toshi watched them with a cautious eye never approaching within 10 meters of them.


    Charging precogs on Ikomiki and Andariel.
    Ooc: no color text today... Sry


    _________________
    Signature:
    Character Name: Ryuutei, Toshiyuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 0
    Renown: 0
    Ryo:
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: D

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

    Link to Character Updates: Toshi's Growth
    Link to Character Application: Toshi's Life
    Link to Known Techniques: Toshi's Jutsu
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

    Posts : 218
    Join date : 2019-12-09

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Hua Li on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:09 pm

    Around the Riverbed Pop_st11

    Ayaka had made a swift change prior to entering the gates. As if she had geared from game to serious, from girl to pop star in a moment's notice. She had ditched her hoodie and replaced it with a black metallic chest armour. Sleeveless and without shoulderpads, it protected her torso in full [A/A-quality]. While the black metal was an exotic appearance on its own, the craft provided a stark contrast with the otherwise pristine looking girl - the armour was inlaid with jade and accentuated the atrocities of demons towards humans in bas-relief.  A gift from 'neesan', she had called it, leaving out the actual name of the crafter even though some might have an inkling of a thought who that could be. Most of the yokai armour hid under a green vest she had been given in turn. Just in case it grew colder over the course of the coming days. She wore a simple belt which kept her cotton pants together and a set of shinobi sandals to complete the outfit. All in all a sober style, but one could hardly fault the pop star from wearing that when the risk was big she'd dirty every inch of her clothes otherwise.

    When they eventually had set to a random course, Ayaka had instantly opted to get off the road wherever she could as it lowered their chance to be tracked. Sure, footsteps in the grass were trackable, but the grass itself served to hide that. Likewise, the regular acrobatics into trees from which she then casually hopped from branch to branch offered other alternatives. The cue was mostly to alter and adapt movement so that even should they be tracked, their trackers could lose precious time trying to figure out how and when she had adopted her movement. Time would tell if her little tricks even worked.

    While Ayaka was occupied hiding her own tracks, Toshiyuki seemed to be taking care of the opposite task - finding tracks. When he had found those, he had come up with a plan. A surprisingly meek plan, as Ayaka had expected most genin (especially boys) to be all about beating up their targets as quickly as possible, but instead he had offered one that inspired caution and cooperation. A temporary truce which could lead to easier take-over of other parties and thus enlarge the chances both parties would emerge victorious.

    "I like it.", she said with a nod, all the while doubting the tests would ever be that easy. That being said, having one person take the lead and have one other back them up for better or for worse was a much better strategy than both trying to do different things at the same time and risking to jeopardise all of their chances. And that counted double when they had finally reached their targets - Andariel and Ikomiki. The oni was a familiar face to her. Even if she didn't know the full extend of her abilities, Ayaka was a Tengu herself and therefore quite acquainted with their KKG. Ikomiki, on the other hand, was an unknown factor.

    Backing up Toshiyuki, she'd rapidly form the hand seals for the False Surroundings genjutsu, altering only a couple of minor details to further improve upon her own stealth. When that was done, she gave Toshi a nod and watched him move closer to attempt striking a temporary alliance.




    Chakra [104/110]
    -05 : False Surroundings: B-rank INT, altering environment for improved hiding.
    -01 : TT
    Precog Anda & Iko: 1/4 posts
    Stealthed: B+ coordination (base) + unknown bonus from FS.




    25 xp


    _________________


    Around the Riverbed 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

    The Demon Smith:

    STATS

    • Strength: B
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: C | 110
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: B

    Limits, Destiny: 3
    Renown: 3'250


    LINKS

    [x] Updates
    [x] Techniques

    [x] Lore and Plot
    [x] Theme

    HL: #009966 | AL: #ab6c55
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Genin

    Posts : 328
    Join date : 2017-09-25

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 0

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Andariel Bloodworth on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:38 pm

    Andariel soaked up the tranquility finding moderate interest in what Ikomiki was attempting to do. She liked watching people fish the modern way. It was interesting to see the fish in the water react to the bait and how the fishermen skillfully lured them in. Ikomiki's method was fishing was a lot more primitive but equally interesting. They likely shared the same thoughts. What fish were close enough and unaware. When the moment struck Ikomiki snagged a fresh water fish. The cat girl was pleased with her accomplishment as anybody could tell the joy plastered across her face. It was likely the first time she smiled, ever. The Oni raised her hands to her chest and clapped ever so quietly to not ruin the moment or startle the girl. Andariel had an equally grateful facial expression sincerely happy for her accomplishment.

    From deeper within the jungle, further from the river, Andariel's ears picked up movement from within. "Ah?~" Turning her head the Oni's eyes changed drastically, the white turned black while her iris remained golden. Purple, ethereal flames leaked from the corners of her eyes passively, dancing in the gentle breeze like smoke. Simultaneously a pair of large wings burst from her back. Her armor and clothes were modified allowing two small sections for her wings to be deployed. They were large as if they were designed for flight and covered in black feathers. Her hand was placed on the shaft of her large ax ready bring it down over her opponent's head. But she would quickly learn that this boy did not mean any harm...and he was rather handsome.

    Andariel released her hand from her ax and let both of them clasp together to her chest giving off a pleasant, though shy, feminine posture. "Did you lose your partner? That's okay, hun. I will keep you safe." Andariel approached Toshiyuki but stopped five meters away from him attempting to meet him at the halfway mark. She expected her arm with an open gloved hand offering a handshake. "But I need you to promise you won't betray us." Andariel waited with an open hand for Toshiyuki to accept. Given how her weapons were set up it would be unlikely her Andariel to pull a fast one without completely changing her stance, and that would likely alarm the boy giving him plenty of reaction time to respond. While the Oni tried to remain professional about her offer she had trouble fighting her instinct. The girl's heart throbbed like a beating drum and breathing almost stuttering.


    _________________
    Strength: B+
    Constitution: C (C+ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B+
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2020-01-02

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Ikomiki on Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:35 pm


    The light clapping was a gentle praise that Ikomiki found herself to be fond of. Authentic. Even if it surprised her when Andariel did it, and she found herself tolerating it. While perhaps not the greatest feat of skill there was the fish would provide them with a meal to eat. With how untouched this land was the bounty of nature was plentiful. The fish was fat and strong. She could feel it plumpness in her hand. Just by the energy it expended by squirming and struggling for breath. This would be the start of a meal.

    Or so she had assumed.

    The emergence of another would push the girl into a death grip on the squirming fish. It would go still from the pressure, near paralyzed in place from Ikomiki’s strength. The last thing she wanted was for it to squirm out of her grip and back into the river in the heat of the moment. She would observe the boy in the meanwhile. Her tail would sway back and forth, whipping about through the air in a clear announcer of her current emotional state. She listened to what the boy had to say. Andariel was between him and herself at the moment, which was at least a relief. She was large and had the armored plating to provide protection if necessary. Ikomiki’s left hand would reach down to the pouches at her waist during these moments. The handle of a kunai would be pressed into her palm, and with it she would collect an explosive tag. Without leaving the pouch she would crush the tag tightly around the handle of the kunai, pressing it tightly into place until it adhered. Then the kunai would be pulled out, her clenched fist around the handle obscuring the tag from view.

    It seemed Andariel had different ideas. The burst of wings from her back would startle the young Otsutsuk, nearly causing her to fall backwards into the river from the shock. With the way they extended Ikomiki had been half convinced she would have one smack here right in the face, although there was a bit more distance than that between them. Following this she would slowly leave the river, just to ensure something like that didn’t happen again. It would just be until she was on completely dry land again, rather than approaching Toshiyuki in full like Andariel. The Oni seemed to have some sort of plan here, with the wings and eyes that leaked smoke.

    Ikomiki lost track of what was happening somewhere around this point. Andariel’s approach made little sense to her. This male was a human. Even with her limited experience around them Ikomiki was beginning to learn that humans traded primarily in deception. There was no reason to take his word as it was. His actions would be analyzed instead. He followed their tracks, emerged from a bush while they were pressed against a river, and was wearing a significantly thick layer of clothing and a cloth mask?

    She sneered. The suspicion of some gaseous poison or weapon came to mind. An ambush. A bomb. A distraction used to steal from them. A genjutsu. A trap. Her mind spun with a variety of ideas, but the idea of a gaseous poison was the most convincing to her. If she needed to flee from it the river would be behind her. She could swim underwater and escape downstream. All the while Andariel seemed to be going for the handshake. Ikomiki had to suppress the desire to throw a bomb at the pair. Instead she would wait for the trap to be sprung.


    _________________
    Character Sheet:
    Character Name: Ikomiki Otsutsuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 2300
    Renown: 25
    Ryo: 20,000
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: C++
    • Stamina: A++
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: C

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 3

    Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t2831-ikomiki-s-updates#22390
    Toshiyuki
    Toshiyuki

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2019-12-25
    Age : 25
    Location : Preferably, Under My Blankets

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Toshiyuki on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:15 am

    As expected but not really as hoped, the two kunoichi were put on edge by Toshi's arrival. The suspicion and probable discontent wasn't unfamiliar to him. If his family ever heard that he took this approach, the same look would await him from them if he ever saw them again. The barefoort ninja couldn't say that he trusted them either. As her wings spread and blocked his vision of the cat genin with the tasty looking trout- a local delicacy and a must try for any visitors- he'd suddenly duck to the side expecting an attack from the blind spot it created, embarrassed when none came. Even still as the horned genin approached, he found himself backing up at the same pace to maintain his seven meter distance maneuvering clockwise around her slowly closer to the river. He was hoping to avoid keeping them in a line or getting within the seven meter radius of either of them he'd set in his head.

    "You'll forgive me if I'm a bit hesitant." Toshi would beckon to his cast implying that he didn't want to occupy his free, uninjured, left hand, and he'd elect not to raise his hand again as he continued speaking. He'd stop moving as soon as Andariel stopped approaching. For having been so on edge just a moment ago, she seemed way to eager to get close. That and she had really big weapons. "This is plenty distance to talk from. I think." His eyes would be much more serious now that the other two were tense, and he would proceed to answer her questions. "No. I didn't lose my partner." Closely Toshi would watch their reactions, his usual awkwardness replaced with adrenaline and a touch of fear. "but I'm a bit predisposed to avoid violence. Being as confident as I am in my ability to get away from you two. I thought coming alone would create the best opportunity for us to work together." He may have been overplaying his hand, but his gut told him it was worth it. He made sure to focus on the situation at hand, not paying any mind to any flaws in the genjutsu that he would notice as he continued.

    If the river was at 12 o'clock, once he arrived at the duo's 9, he'd motion to the bag he'd left behind also seven meters away. Inside of it was a medikit with extra grain alcohol and 10 food pills inside as well as an intricately crafted, alabaster flute. A keen eye might be able to identify it as being made from a human-like femur if given enough time to inspect it. Everything else of his, his steel wire, kunai, trench knives, bells, explosive tags, and the other four food pills, would all be on his person. "Cooked, fried, or smoked the fish here in Kirigakure, especially the rainbow trout are delicious. That being said there are medical supplies and food pills inside of that bag that I'd be more than willing to share, but only with allies." Carefully and cautiously studying the two, the Ryuutei would continue if and only if he could see both of them, they'd made no further movements to get closer to him, and showed no obvious signs of acting on any hostile intentions.

    "My name is Toshiyuki, No surname. I assume that you are from the same Yokai Clan as the Demon Smith, Hua Li. If memory serves she was from Kumo, and I assume you two are as well. It would still be a pleasure to make your acquaintances." He hadn't noticed any obvious signs that the two were from any specific village, and it was mainly conjecture from context clues: their reaction towards him a foreigner, their relative ease with each other, the horn connection with Hua Li, and the fact that he was certain they weren't Kiri-nin. The Gungi board was set. All of the pieces were in place. The tower, the archer, the knight, he could see all of their positions on the board before him as he carefully danced around the volatile situation. The bag was empty of traps, and if Andariel or Ikomiki took long enough to inspect it they'd see there were plenty of hidden compartments where a bomb could have been placed if he'd so chose. What happened next was out of his hands.

    Ikomiki and Andariel precogs charged at 2/2 now.


    _________________
    Signature:
    Character Name: Ryuutei, Toshiyuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 0
    Renown: 0
    Ryo:
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: D

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

    Link to Character Updates: Toshi's Growth
    Link to Character Application: Toshi's Life
    Link to Known Techniques: Toshi's Jutsu
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

    Posts : 218
    Join date : 2019-12-09

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Hua Li on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:18 am

    Still hidden in the tree, wrapped in a false surroundings genjutsu to the best of her abilities, Ayaka waited the whole thing out. The other team hadn't shown any signs of hostility so far, but that didn't mean they were out in the clear just yet. Toshiyuki attempted to reveal their trick of precaution. In hopes it'd dissuade them from attacking him while they had the numerical advantage? In any case, mentioning he hadn't lost his partner was a swift ticket to granting the others a reason to go look for her and so the pop star dropped the genjutsu she had thrown up. She'd rely solely on her natural ability as a shinobi now; putting their perceptive awareness to the test as she waited them out to find her.

    As Toshi repositioned himself carefully, she kept an eye out on the lot of them all the while. Observing their body language. Their intent. Cues which could tell her more about their skills, nature or demeanour. Just anything that would provide intel sooner or later.




    Chakra [103/110]
    -01 : TT
    Precog Anda & Iko: 2/4 posts
    Stealthed: B+ coordination (base)

    50 xp


    _________________


    Around the Riverbed 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

    The Demon Smith:

    STATS

    • Strength: B
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: C | 110
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: B

    Limits, Destiny: 3
    Renown: 3'250


    LINKS

    [x] Updates
    [x] Techniques

    [x] Lore and Plot
    [x] Theme

    HL: #009966 | AL: #ab6c55
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Genin

    Posts : 328
    Join date : 2017-09-25

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 0

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Andariel Bloodworth on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:55 am

    Andariel's attempt to lure the pretty boy in for a handshake was thwarted by basic precautions. The Oni stopped when she noticed Toshiyuki started to back up. It was clear he wanted to keep a certain  distance from the both of them. She couldn't help but giggle at his foolish efforts. So many precautions to save himself from an encounter he set up himself. If he was wise he would have taken the opportunity to ambush the two of them when their backs were turned. Another team may question Toshiyuki's motive and ask questions. Anyone with a brain knew what backstabbing was. It had been practiced since the beginning of mankind and was almost instinctive to be skeptical. But through Andariel's mind she never questioned it. And that was simply because she didn't need to. The young man's method would have worked if he stumbled into the right neighborhood, but Andariel was far from wholesome. She relished in the glory of combat and the pain of others. It was natural to expect such traits from a demon, and Ikomiki had a general distrust for humankind. Andariel didn't need to confirm with her partner what route they should take because she knew well enough what she was about to do would be agreed upon by the cat lady.

    The Oni let Toshiyuki finish his talky talk with a grimace on her face. When the words stopped flowing from his piehole, Andariel would take control. "My, oh my. You don't trust the people you are willing to make a truce with? To me it sounds like you are unwilling to commit to your own actions. Conviction is what make you a grown man... and you lack conviction." With a lick of her lips she reached back to grab her great ax. With a spring in her step, a gust of her wings, and impressive strength, she'd lunge towards the boy clearing the several meters in a mere moment. Andariel hauled her ax with a single arm, showing an impressive feat of strength, diagonally towards Toshiyuki. The ax blade carried incredible stopping power and would severe the boy's left arm and bite into his torso with a single stroke.

    Little would serve as an obstacle to her power, as even mail would be gnashed through. The only suitable protection against the demon would be solid metal plates, but that would still likely damage the wearer beneath the armor. The young boy had a choice to preserve his well-being and rely on his teammate for support. But it was in this moment he would likely feel the strong desire to get as far away from the horned demon as possible.

    The Stuff:

    Technique Used:

    Knight's Cleaver | B-rank (1CP)
    Knight's Cleaver: Swathe | C-rank (1CP)
    Devil's Eye | Clan Ability (0.1CP)
    Alu Demon Wings | UA (5CP)
    Possessed Gaze | UA (5CP)

    Stats
    Strength: B++ (C++ w/Wings) (B+ w/Cleaver)
    Constitution: C (C++ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C (B w/Wings)
    Coordination: C (C++ w/Cleaver) (B++ w/Swathe)
    Intelligence: D (E w/Possessed Gaze)
    Perception: B (B+ w/Devil's Eye) (A+ w/Possessed Gaze)

    Chakra Usage: 97.9/110

    Technique Used:

    Name: Knight's Cleaver
    Rank: B
    Activation Cost: N/A
    Upkeep Cost: 5
    Range: Self
    Speed: N/A
    Element: N/A
    Skill: Bukijutsu
    Classification: Personal
    Requirements: Ax-like Weaponry
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: Andariel's primary fighting style for axes and similar weaponry. This style focuses on swift, hard blows to overwhelm the opponent with strength and speed.

    This technique boosts the user's Coordination by +2 Advantages and Strength by +2 Advantages.

    Name: Knight's Cleaver: Swath
    Rank: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Range: Self
    Speed: N/A
    Element: N/A
    Skill: Bukijutsu
    Classification: Secret
    Requirements: N/A
    Parent Technique: Knight's Cleaver
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: A basic technique which focuses on quick swings with an ax relying on the user's natural physical strength over any based swinging technique. Favoring stronger users, the results are nothing less than what the name suggests allowing the user to clear a path through any amount of bodies like a scythe through tall grass.

    This technique grants the user +1 tier in Coordination.


    Last edited by Andariel Bloodworth on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added spoiler for technique and fixed stats.)


    _________________
    Strength: B+
    Constitution: C (C+ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B+
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2020-01-02

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Ikomiki on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:47 pm

    The boy started talking. He spoke a lot. Too much. This would seal his fate in Ikomiki’s eyes. She wanted to kill him now, as opposed to just being suspicious before. She didn’t really listen to what he was saying all too much. Although she did listen when he spoke about fish, but that didn’t last long. Ikomiki would end up approving when Andariel took a hold of her axe. She was beginning to appreciate the girl. It seemed as though they were on a similar wavelength. This would be the start of combat in full though, and so Ikomiki wouldn’t need to hesitate any longer.  

    She would let loose the kunai. It would be aimed directly at, rather than Toshiyuki himself, the backpack he had set down earlier. Ikomiki was observant. She knew what was going on here. There was definitely something going on with the way that the backpack had been placed down like this. It was clearly a trap of some sort. It was a bomb, maybe of a chemical variety. Or maybe some other sort of trap. She wouldn’t let it happen. The kunai would fly directly into the backpack, assuming that nothing happened to prevent it from hitting. Once it did, Ikomiki would immediately detonate the explosive tag that she had attached to it. The resulting explosion wouldn’t be large enough to do anything more than perhaps shock Andariel and Toshiyuki in their current positions, but it would be more than enough to absolutely blow the backpack and all its contents to smithereens.

    With that taken care of she would retrieve another kunai from her pouch and spring into combat. The explosion had gone off just around just after the conclusion of Andariel’s swing of the axe. Ikomiki would retrieve another kunai from her pouch following this. She didn’t have the sort of speed to engage together with Andariel in combat, and with the power that she threw around Ikomiki would only get in the way. Her current strategy would be ranged support.

    Stuff:
    Kunai: D+ Speed


    Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: C
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: C
    Toshiyuki
    Toshiyuki

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2019-12-25
    Age : 25
    Location : Preferably, Under My Blankets

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Toshiyuki on Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:29 pm

    Nothing about the situation seemed to be going quite right. Andariel's body language was all wrong, and everything in him screamed that this was a mistake. If she wasn't going for the deal, he needed to get out of there. She was definitely going to try and brute force her way out of this situation. Maybe he was unable to commit to this, but maybe this was for the best. No more words then. Toshiyuki wouldn't extend the same courtesy to Andariel that she'd extended to him. He and his partner would have to go about this alone, just the two of them. His instincts would scream, Run!

    A desperate left hand would slip into his hip pouch, grabbing a kunai, and pricking his arm through his thick jacket. Most of the 25 meters of wire attached to the kunai would stay in the hip pouch, but would slowly unfurl. He would begin jumping backwards mere moments before Andariel would reach for her axe making the half tiger symbol. As he did so a 2m radius cloud of smoke would appear around him obscuring his form for a moment before it quickly dissipated. "Faces, SWM." He'd leave leaping backwards out of the cloud at an angle where he could line up his previous position and Ikomiki already forming his next three hand seals, dropping the kunai to do so. This would mean he'd be leaping away in the same direction Andariel's swing would have been, that is if he'd stayed to receive it. His skin would be blue and scaled now, his sclera would yellow, his irises and pupils would disappear, a meter long tail would trail behind him, and his jacket would be gone revealing the lean, toned physique it previously hid along with serpentine seals that slithered up each of his limbs.

    He was pretty confident that Andariel would be able to redirect herself since she'd made one leap to get to him. She did have wings, but they seemed a little too awkward to be functional, at least that was what he hoped. Once he got 14 meters away he would have turned to run away, but an explosion centered on his bag would catch his attention. Not only did they choose not to join him, they also saw fit to spit in his face.


    "Hiro~." A very young boy with glistening red eyes and curly, brown hair would run up to a taller, but similar looking boy. He'd present an alabaster flute. "Hirohiko, I made this from naming catch thingie." With a beaming smile he'd lift the flute up to the older boy who'd receive it with a soft quiet smile.

    "Huh. My adorable, little brother." The older boy would sigh at the boy half his height, "You can't make these kinds of things. If they catch you... You can't imagine what they do to you," He'd pause before patting his baby brother's head as tears being to form in his little eyes. "You know what? Let's just keep this our little secret. That might just be for the best, yeah?"


    Rage would explode from Toshi in the form of bright blue chakra with black streaks that would coat his body in a thin veil. 'Toshi, bro. You gotta chill.' Faces would communicate to him through their bond. Sharp talons would extend from his fingertips and thick vertical slits would form in his eyes as heterochromatic irises would fade in around them. He would struggle to focus as his anger boiled over. He'd pull out his two trench knives out of instinct, ignoring the kunai he'd dropped as he formed the hand seals for flying earlier. If Andariel still approached he would back up still, now matching her speed, but leading her closer to the water's edge. His brain was hazy, but when it cleared up he'd make sure these two knew what they'd done. "You two are gonna pay for that."

    Stats and CP:

    Jutsu:

    • Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Faces [-5 CP]

      • Stay With Me [-5 CP from Faces]
      • Flying [5 CP from Faces]


    • Body Flicker Technique [-5 CP]

    UAs:

    • Hidden Voracity: Stm & Spd
    • Sealless Combat: Kuchiyose

    [-10 CP]
    Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: D → C [Stay with Me]
    Stamina: C → B [Hidden Voracity]
    Temporary Speed: D → C [Body Flicker] → B [Flying]
    Speed: D → C [Flying] → B [Hidden Voracity]
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: A → C [Hidden Voracity]
    Perception: D

    CP Math:
    Toshi:110 - 15 → 90/110= 81.81 → 81.81*185= 151.36
    &
    Faces: 110-10 → 100

    Jutsu Used:
    Faces:
    Summon Name: Faces
    Rank: C
    Appearance: Faces is a glass eel who looks like she could keel over and die at any moment. She is translucent and about six inches long.
    Element: Raiton
    Skill(s): Ijutsu/Ninjutsu
    Stats:
    Strength: E
    Constitution: E
    Stamina: C
    Speed: E
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B
    Techniques Known:
    Jutsu:

    Name: Combination Transformation: Stay With Me
    Rank: C
    Power:C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: 6
    Range: Touch
    Speed: None
    Element: None
    Skill: Ijutsu/Ninjutsu
    Classification: Secret
    Requirements: Requires two users.
    Parent Technique: Transformation Technique
    Hand Seals: One user must bite the other.
    Description: With this jutsu Faces uses the transformation technique with a second creature, while this technique only needs to be known by Faces the other user must know the Transformation Technique or a derived jutsu. The other user also must both be willing and conscious. This transformation changes the physiology of both creatures to become a hybrid of the creature that cast the jutsu with Faces and a full grown eel, and therefor use her (Faces's) partner's stats as the form's base. Faces's partner gains the ability to breathe underwater as they grow gills on their neck. They gain the ability to move freely in water at the partner's base speed as fins and a tail are formed on the partners body. The user also gains a single tier increase to their Constitution stat, as this jutsu splices the two creature's genes together providing them with a best of both worlds combination. The two users can communicate mentally and control is established by the user with the higher stamina. Hand seals performed with the combined physical form count towards either user's jutsu.
    Weaknesses: This technique requires concentration and in the case that either user's CP drops below 30 this jutsu automatically ends. Though this technique has a very steep CP upkeep cost it can be paid in any ratio by the user's of the technique (it is possible that one user may pay only 2, 1, or even 0 as long as the partner picks up the slack.) This is not necessarily a weakness, but the two users don't share a chakra pool and therefor can only split the cost of this technique and it's derivatives. This jutsu applies over cloning techniques, splitting both users' chakra pools further amplifying the drain of this technique.
    Name: Flying
    Rank: C
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: 3
    Range: Self
    Speed: None
    Element: Raiton
    Skill: Medical Ninjutsu
    Classification: Secret
    Requirements: The combination transformation 'Stay with Me' must be active
    Parent Technique: Combination Technique: Stay with Me
    Hand Seals: Dragon → Monkey → Tiger
    Description: Faces realign's her and her partners nerves to be more efficient and amplifies the speed of the current moving through them causing their Speed to be increased by 1 tier. As a jutsu derived from 'Stay with Me' the activation cost and upkeep for this jutsu can be negotiated between the two parties.
    Weaknesses: This jutsu slowly wears away at the muscles of Faces's partner as it doesn't give them any resistance to the fatigue caused by the technique. Her partner's Constitution is reduced by a single - at the end of the post this technique is activated in. For each post that the upkeep is paid the partner accumulates and additional minus up to a full tier at which point the combined form granted by 'Stay with Me' becomes immobilized. Once the technique is deactivated this fatigue fades a single - on the next post and then again on the subsequent posts. Once the debuff is less than a full tier the form granted by 'Stand with Me' is capable of moving again. Alternative methods of getting rid of the fatigue include being perfectly still or paying the upkeep cost again. Being still removes a - from the debuff as at the beginning of each subsequent post. Recasting the technique removes the debuff entirely.

    Body Flicker:
    Name: Body Flicker Technique
    Rank: D
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: 50m
    Speed: -
    Element: -
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: Open
    Requirements: -
    Parent Technique: -
    Hand Seals: Half Tiger
    Description: This technique enhances the user's movements by fortifying their step with chakra. This is essentially a burst of energy to make their body function at higher speeds. This technique boosts the user's movement speed by one tier up to 100 meters. If at any time they stop running they must require an reactivation. The hand seal may be held to constantly refresh the 100 meter limit providing a constant speed increase.
    Weaknesses: Just like a full sprint the user must remain in a straight line in order to benefit from the bonus. If the user were to change direction they must reactivate the technique.


    _________________
    Signature:
    Character Name: Ryuutei, Toshiyuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 0
    Renown: 0
    Ryo:
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: D

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

    Link to Character Updates: Toshi's Growth
    Link to Character Application: Toshi's Life
    Link to Known Techniques: Toshi's Jutsu
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

    Posts : 218
    Join date : 2019-12-09

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Hua Li on Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:37 pm

    Things got interesting real quick. Toshiyuki, the student who had kept himself on the background in class 244, was now showing an entirely different side of himself. The plan to maintain peace had been butchered by the oni - no surprise there? - and forced the boy to take on a different route. For a moment, the Tengu had expected him to opt for a flight option but much to her surprise, and joy, he underwent some sort of transformation with a Summon. This whole encounter might not end up being a bore after all.

    Since Toshiyuki had decided on a new form of diplomacy that she understood much better, Ayaka decided there was no point in maintaining the idea of stealth any longer. Aggressive diplomacy was a form she understood much better anyway. Seemingly undiscovered as of yet, she shifted her weight and stance into something more comfortable and natural for the Tengu, further increasing her already impressive agility now that she was dedicating to the cause. A small puff of smoke later, her trusted kusarigama would appear out of a scroll as she analysed the situation with greater interest. Forsaking the idea of fast movements, this Tengu was all about mowing down opposition. A slow-moving bastion of both martial and metal prowess. And to that extend, her weapon of choice was her ideal friend.

    From her hidden place within the trees, she'd throw a counter-offensive at the oni. The weighted end of the kusarigama, aimed at her arm. If not to possibly crush it, then perhaps to see it wrapped around her arm to impede her offensive actions. And should the oni be sufficiently interested in spotting the pop star in the trees, she'd be greeted rather amicably with a "Hi, Anda-chan~".

    Around the Riverbed Pop_st10




    Precog Anda & Iko: 3/4 posts

    Stats:

    STR: C
    CON: C
    STA: C
    SPD: D [>> TSMA: D++] [<< EotPST: E++]
    COR: B+ [>> TSMA: A]
    INT: B
    PER: D [>> EotPST: C]
    Chakra 103 of 110:

    - 01: TT
    - 05 : Eye of the Perpetually Scrutinising Tengu, UA
    - 01 : Unsealing Technique, kusarigama.
    - 01 : Tengu School Martial Arts, B-rank

    New Chakra amount: 95 of 110.

    75 xp


    _________________


    Around the Riverbed 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

    The Demon Smith:

    STATS

    • Strength: B
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: C | 110
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: B

    Limits, Destiny: 3
    Renown: 3'250


    LINKS

    [x] Updates
    [x] Techniques

    [x] Lore and Plot
    [x] Theme

    HL: #009966 | AL: #ab6c55
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Genin

    Posts : 328
    Join date : 2017-09-25

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 0

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Andariel Bloodworth on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:26 am

    Andariel took the boy's advice to heart. He was confident he could avoid them if he truly wanted to and that was made apparent by his response. He had preemptive knowledge of Andariel's assault just by reading the tone of her voice and where the conversation was going. She had to admit she was driven by the lust of battle. With her armor she felt neigh invulnerable and wanted to test her mettle on the front lines. She was a bit shocked to see Toshiyuki perform an act of self-harm during the battle. Did he curse himself for attempting diplomacy with an Oni? He'd begin to step back and form a single hand sign, the Oni in mid charge while doing so. A short burst of smoke clouded her visibility for a second leading to Andariel's disappointment the boy didn't take a direct hit, or any hit at all.

    From the foliage Andariel noticed the unraveling of chain and with a minuscule shift of her gaze she saw the small metal weight soar towards the Oni's forearm. Andariel pulled that arm away from harm by letting go of the ax's shaft allowing the weight to impact the weapon. It flew fast and packed quite a punch as even Andariel was worried about getting slapped in the face with it. But as useful as it was for mid range attacks it was a very useful tool for grappling which subsequently followed the impact. This would snare the Oni's ax by the wooden shaft, the weight ensuring a snug fit at it reached its end. With a hulk's row she placed her other hand on the butt of her ax and yanked back using her powerful back and arm muscles. The desire result would be to throw the ambush off-kilter and onto the face where her ally might have the chance to peg her with a kunai. But at the very least she did desire to disarm her target.

    In either event Andariel hauled her ax into the nearest tree which were plentiful in this jungle. They were thick and mature which meant a lot of hardwood. The ax would bite deep into the tree as if not all of the blade would be buried deep. This would secure her ax requiring Andariel's strength to unsheathe it efficiently, otherwise a subject of lesser stature would find themselves occupying more valuable time than desired to free the weapon. The kusarigama would need to be unwound from the ax's shaft to be usable again meaning both weapons would be unusable for the time being.

    And this worked in the Oni's favor. Reaching down to her tool belt she would arm herself with a buckler and arming sword simultaneously. Passing a courtesy glance to the bush lurking attack she could identify the girl with relative ease. "Ayaka?" The girl was clearly an idol among the Yokai community, though some disgraced her for rejecting her heritage. Others saw her as a role model that one day Yokai might be accepted by society. It was a far cry. Hope. But what was she doing in the exams? She was not a fighter. That was beneath her.

    Andariel didn't let Ayaka distract her, though. The chain revealed her location and possible Ikomiki could keep her occupied, her at least off Andariel's back. The real threat was the deceiver. The Oni's possessed eyes tracked his movement easily. Both hands met together forming Ram hand seal. She achieved it by letting the hand strap of the buckler rest on her thumb webbing and having her sword's handle do the same in the other hand. Her hands would be slightly off-center from her body to prevent the sword from butting her scalp, but in a pinch she managed to accelerate her chakra to her feet. Her eyes locked on Toshiyuki who was a mere fourteen meters from her location. It was a pitiful gap to clear, and for Toshiyuki's perspective she'd make an unclear appearance before him.

    From her neutral standing position she'd vanish with not a single cue of her moving. In a fraction of a second she'd appear six meters from him, body low and postured with buckler and sword held at her side, and finally the last frame he would observe was Andariel a couple feet from his location with her arm extended forward utilizing her speed to deliver her lunge like a lance. Toshiyuki would only be able to see the crossguard, as if he was unable to react the sword would be sheathed within his torso with a fair portion of the blade peaking out from his back streaked with his own blood. Aiming at his lower abdomen it would be a flesh wound serving to avoid any vitals that would otherwise cause a medical emergency or maim him. Not out of courtesy, but the Oni simply had no focus to take the man down efficiently. She just wanted to take him down.




    The Stuff:

    Technique Used:

    Body Flicker Technique | D-rank (5CP)
    Devil's Eye | Clan Ability (0.1CP)
    Alu Demon Wings | UA
    Possessed Gaze | UA

    Stats
    Strength: B++ (C++ w/Wings)
    Constitution: C (C++ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C (B w/Wings) (A w/Body Flicker)
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D (E w/Possessed Gaze)
    Perception: B (B+ w/Devil's Eye) (A+ w/Possessed Gaze)

    Chakra Usage: 92.8/110

    Technique Used:

    Name: Body Flicker Technique
    Rank: D
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: 50m
    Speed: -
    Element: -
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: Open
    Requirements: -
    Parent Technique: -
    Hand Seals: Half Tiger
    Description: This technique enhances the user's movements by fortifying their step with chakra. This is essentially a burst of energy to make their body function at higher speeds. This technique boosts the user's movement speed by one tier up to 100 meters. If at any time they stop running they must require an reactivation. The hand seal may be held to constantly refresh the 100 meter limit providing a constant speed increase.
    Weaknesses: Just like a full sprint the user must remain in a straight line in order to benefit from the bonus. If the user were to change direction they must reactivate the technique.


    _________________
    Strength: B+
    Constitution: C (C+ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B+
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2020-01-02

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Ikomiki on Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:40 am

    Unfortunately it seemed that Andariel wasn’t able to cleave through the boy’s body. Ikomiki would have liked if she had. As things seemed to be getting serious she would release her hold on the fish now, letting the rainbow trout drop to the ground, at which point it would resume flopping about and struggling for water. The explosion of her kunai had gone off successfully, which was at least a minor benefit to them at the moment. Any slight advantage that further edged towards victory would be taken without question. The change in Toshiyuki’s appearance though was something that was immediately off putting. Did Ikomiki mistake him as a human when he wasn’t? It didn’t matter right now, and she didn’t have time to wonder on it. Seeing that Andariel’s initial attack failed to quickly take out the combatant, who now seemed rather dangerous, Ikomiki would have to resort to Plan B. She would bring her hand up to her mouth and bite into her thumb, hard enough to draw blood. Then would come Boar, Dog, Bird, Monkey, Ram. The Summoning Technique, or at least that would be what others would recognize it as if they saw her doing it. She would finish just about the same time that the weighted end of the kusarigama would fly out of the woods, and so a poof of summoning would appear around her.

    A small black kitten, with long fur and a fluffy tail that almost resembled a squirrel’s tail would appear. As far as summonings went this certainly wasn’t the most intimidating. The kitten couldn’t have been more than maybe six or seven months old. The kitten that Ikomiki had just summoned, one cute little Mikan, would stare out at the scene of combat. The collision of the kusarigama weight and Andariel’s axe would happen just in time for it to see. “What~?” It would mewl, turning up to look at Ikomiki in a bit of playful confusion.

    Ikomiki had already taken off her hip pouch and attached it firmly to the cat’s chest as it turned to face her. She had removed the pouch of pills in it, and without any metal weaponry in it, just containing some explosive tags, it would be more than light enough for the kitten to carry. The cat would be pulled up to rest on Ikomiki’s shoulders after that, stretched out around her neck like a scarf, with the pouch of pills kept tight in her hand.

    “Mikan. You know what to do. Just like we practiced.” She would say in a rush, not having time for any sorts of playful games with a kitten. Mikan, who seemed to at least understand the gravity of the situation, would immediately get to work. Her paws would be pressed together in a cross and held like that. "If you say so~ Although, you know I hate doing this."

    Two shadow clones of the kitten would jump off of Ikomiki’s shoulders, each having a hip pouch attached to them just as the original did. They would each run off, although Ikomiki would immediately add, “The armored one is a friend” before they could get too far. As a result the two clones would skit off around the dancing pair of Andariel and Toshiyuki, and instead run past them with one leading the other. The leading kitten would have a form of sensory active, and through it the Mikan-clone could sniff out the position of the other combatant and rush towards her, leading the others.

    Once they got under Ayaka’s position, both clones would immediately detonate.

    It had come from the explosive tags in the pouch that Ikomiki had tied to the back of the original. Each had nine tags left in it, which resulted in eighteen being detonated at once with the explosion there, triggered by the jumping cats. The explosion would be massive, and the shockwave from it alone would likely be audible for a good distance or so, knocking down trees in a decent radius. Branches and leaves would eject from the site of detonation, being sprayed like shrapnel all around the surrounding area.

    Meanwhile, the original Mikan who still held the clone seal, would form another two clones. Rinse and repeat. They would observe the situation and then rush off in another arrow formation with the lead using sensory, ready to repeat what had just happened.




    Iko's Stuff:

    Chakra 99/110

    -1 Faux Summoning Technique
    -10 Mikan Summoning

    Mikan:

    Description and Stats:
    Summon Name: Mikan
    Rank: B
    Appearance: Mikan is a domestic cat with black fur. She is a common domestic cat of no particular breed. She has eyes that are of a green color on the inner portion, and yellow color on the outer portion. Mikan appears to be rather young, perhaps being around 7 or 8 months old, and because of this she is still technically considered a kitten. She is very energetic and somewhat immature because of this, but still deceptively intelligent and able to speak just as a human would.  
    Element: N/A
    Skill(s): Fuuinjutsu, Ijutsu
    Stats:
    Strength: E
    Constitution: E
    Stamina: B
    Speed: B
    Coordination: B
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B

    Mikan's Chakra 61.5/185
    Clone 1 Chakra 61.5/185
    Clone 2 Chakra 61/185

    -.5 Sensory Technique
    -.5 Sensory Technique
    2 Shadow Clones formed, destroyed, and then 2 more formed again.


    _________________
    Character Sheet:
    Character Name: Ikomiki Otsutsuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 2300
    Renown: 25
    Ryo: 20,000
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: C++
    • Stamina: A++
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: C

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 3

    Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t2831-ikomiki-s-updates#22390
    Toshiyuki
    Toshiyuki

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2019-12-25
    Age : 25
    Location : Preferably, Under My Blankets

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Toshiyuki on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:50 pm

    The piscine ninja would continue his movement in one fluid motion from here switching his hand to the half tiger seal, wrapping his pinky and ring fingers around the trench knife. He'd probably manage to make the seal mere moments before her as she made the full hand seal and he only made required half. Not completely sure if things were going as he'd previously expected, and now moving with more instinct than intelligence, he'd move at 45 degrees to his right relative to Andariel's starting position halfway closing the 14 meter gap making sure to avoid her wingspan. As he moved, his hand would reach down to his kunai pouch, ever so slightly raising the wire in his hand, but still letting it remain slack. He'd stop for a moment before quickly reusing the jutsu leaving his hands in the same position . This time he'd move towards Ikomiki and also towards the kunai he'd dropped earlier that the other end of the wire was attached to. Stopping a few meters away from the kunai, his total distance traveled would reach about 25 meters, and he'd throw out the kunai his end of the wire was attached to using a step of his B-Tier speed post Body Flicker and a flick of his wrist.

    The kunai if unimpeded would be launched, at first, tangentially and ever so slightly upwards to the spiral it'd make as it wrapped around the one trapped in a triangle of wire, and then it'd hopefully start picking up speed as it wrapped around its target. It would be rather effective if she'd moved even slight further than half of the 14 meters and still possibly effective if she didn't move at all assuming she didn't dodge it. In taking advantage of conservation of angular momentum like an ice skater pulling himself closer to his center of gravity, the slightly higher throw and centripetal force should keep the kunai from succumbing to gravity. Toshiyuki couldn't have cared less about that though. His focus wasn't on Andariel, but the one who destroyed the flute.  Once more he'd, recklessly and unwisely burn through his chakra reserves keeping his right hand in the half tiger position he'd close the distance between him and the cat girl.

    "Toshi, man, you gotta chill. I can't help you if you don't tell me what's goin' on."

    Ignoring the little voice of the eel in his head that he was bonded with, Toshi's lowered and dominant left hand would uppercut from hip height, attempting to plant the trench knife in her gut as he'd yell with agonized anger, "Graaaaaah!" Hit or miss he'd make a swing towards Iko's face that's just miss, and a blue scaled, right leg would come in for a hook kick towards her chin. Faces began quickly taking in her options taking into account the actions of both Ikomiki, Andariel, and Toshiyuki as she watched this ridiculousness from the back seat. She was contracted to Toshi, but she wasn't going to sacrifice her life for him. They simply didn't have that kind of relationship. If she had to, she'd leave Toshiyuki. It'd be unfortunate, but she wasn't just going to die in a place like this.


    Stats and CP:

    Jutsu:

    • Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Faces [2/5 Posts]

      • Stay With Me [-3 CP from Faces & Toshi]
      • Flying [-5 CP from Faces]


    • Body Flicker Technique x3 [-15 CP from Toshi]

    UAs:

    • Hidden Voracity: Stm & Spd

    Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: D → C [Stay with Me]
    Stamina: C → B [Hidden Voracity]
    Temporary Speed: D → C [Hidden Voracity] → B [Flying] → A [Body Flicker] (caps at 2 tiers)
    Speed: D → C [Hidden Voracity] → B [Flying]
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: A → C [Hidden Voracity x2]
    Perception: D

    CP Math:
    Toshi:151.36 -18 → 133.36
    &
    Faces: 100 - 8 → 92

    Jutsu Used:
    Faces:

    Paying the upkeep again - cuz Toshi's a big stupid.
    Name: Flying
    Rank: C
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: 3
    Range: Self
    Speed: None
    Element: Raiton
    Skill: Medical Ninjutsu
    Classification: Secret
    Requirements: The combination transformation 'Stay with Me' must be active
    Parent Technique: Combination Technique: Stay with Me
    Hand Seals: Dragon → Monkey → Tiger
    Description: Faces realign's her and her partners nerves to be more efficient and amplifies the speed of the current moving through them causing their Speed to be increased by 1 tier. As a jutsu derived from 'Stay with Me' the activation cost and upkeep for this jutsu can be negotiated between the two parties.
    Weaknesses: This jutsu slowly wears away at the muscles of Faces's partner as it doesn't give them any resistance to the fatigue caused by the technique. Her partner's Constitution is reduced by a single - at the end of the post this technique is activated in. For each post that the upkeep is paid the partner accumulates and additional minus up to a full tier at which point the combined form granted by 'Stay with Me' becomes immobilized. Once the technique is deactivated this fatigue fades a single - on the next post and then again on the subsequent posts. Once the debuff is less than a full tier the form granted by 'Stand with Me' is capable of moving again. Alternative methods of getting rid of the fatigue include being perfectly still or paying the upkeep cost again. Being still removes a - from the debuff as at the beginning of each subsequent post. Recasting the technique removes the debuff entirely.

    Body Flicker:
    Name: Body Flicker Technique
    Rank: D
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: 50m
    Speed: -
    Element: -
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: Open
    Requirements: -
    Parent Technique: -
    Hand Seals: Half Tiger
    Description: This technique enhances the user's movements by fortifying their step with chakra. This is essentially a burst of energy to make their body function at higher speeds. This technique boosts the user's movement speed by one tier up to 100 meters. If at any time they stop running they must require an reactivation. The hand seal may be held to constantly refresh the 100 meter limit providing a constant speed increase.
    Weaknesses: Just like a full sprint the user must remain in a straight line in order to benefit from the bonus. If the user were to change direction they must reactivate the technique.


    Last edited by Toshiyuki on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing speeds)


    _________________
    Signature:
    Character Name: Ryuutei, Toshiyuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 0
    Renown: 0
    Ryo:
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: D

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

    Link to Character Updates: Toshi's Growth
    Link to Character Application: Toshi's Life
    Link to Known Techniques: Toshi's Jutsu
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

    Posts : 218
    Join date : 2019-12-09

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Hua Li on Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:46 pm

    The weight of her weapon hadn't quite struck what she had hoped for, but that didn't change anything to the predictable act that followed it. Andariel tugged on the weapon from her end, the advantage in strength exactly what Ayaka used to her benefit. Yes, she'd be pulled out of the trees but not in the way the oni would expect. Lithe, she hopped along the pull and landed on the floor some 10 meter away from Andariel. Not quite in between her and Toshiyuki, forming a triangle with Iko, but close enough for her to remain a threat if she decided to continue her crusade on the genin.

    The axe would be thrown into the tree subsequently, the weighted chain loosening its grip over the axe and falling into the ground with a thud. From there on, like a snake, it'd moved by its own accord back towards Ayaka as the oni identified her with mild surprise. By the looks of it, the oni held little interest in the pop star. An idol such as herself generally held little bragging rights when it came to combat, but Ayaka wasn't exactly helpless. Though a genin in rank, back home she proved herself to be one of the more 'solid' genin when it came to capabilities. Still, when push came to shove, she was hardly on par with the prowess of an oni.

    By then, Ikomiki had made her own preparations. A black kitten had made its appearance. A summon. And from the looks of the pouch being attached, the plan held little secrets. Kamikaze Kittens. Ayaka lifted an eyebrow at the strategy - for all its efficiency, it seemed "A cruel thing to do to an animal. Ninneko or not.". But that would hardly deter the girl from continuing her cruel act. And since one could not allow such a technique to go unregarded, Ayaka was obliged to dedicate herself to the cause. As the shadow clones would spring to life, she flung her kusarigama faster and faster until they were hardly visible to the naked eye.

    Being closer than Ikomiki originally had planned, the suicide cats would reach Ayaka sooner than expected. Or rather, they would have if they were given the time to do so. Barely had they left Ikomiki to run towards Ayaka when her chains shot forward in a reaving motion, splitting all the while into multiple chains by itself, to brutally flail cat and packs out of the way. If the sickles of the chains bit into their flesh, the clones would poof without effort and the real cat would find its flesh deeply pierced by the sickle. If they managed somehow to mitigate the damage from deep slashing wounds to a mere bludgeoning hit, then the strength of the strike would be sufficient to knock the cat(s) away or back with their pack towards Ikomiki's direction - certainly so thanks to the collision between their speed and the brute force of the pop star. And in the worst of cases, where one of the cats would find themselves capable of jumping through a multi-headed kusarigama reaping with enhanced control, they'd not be capable of escaping Ayaka's gaze that easily. All it'd take is a slight nudge to have the chains work itself into a coil spring and fire the cat back home faster than they'd imagine. In either case, the chance for them to reach Ayaka directly or through explosion was exceptionally small.

    "Why, aren't you a mean one. First you blow up the food he offered, then you bully the kittens and try to ruin this nice forest with your loud noise. If I didn't knew better, I'd say Anda-chan's kinder than you are. Maybe I should teach you a lesson...".

    And at those words, the multi-headed kusarigama shot forward direction Ikomiki.



    Precog Anda & Iko: 4/4 posts

    Stats:

    STR: C [>> Whirlwind Demon Reaping: B]
    CON: C
    STA: C
    SPD: D [>> TSMA: D++] [<< EotPST: E++]
    COR: B+ [>> TSMA: A]
    INT: B
    PER: D [>> EotPST: C]
    95/110:

    Maintained
    - 01 : TT
    - 00 : EotPST
    - 01 : Tengu School Martial Arts, B-rank

    Activated:
    - 01 : Kusarigamajutsu: Kijo Hunting Chain
    Enhanced chain control.
    - 01 : Tengu School, Whirlwind Demon Reaping
    - 01 : Kusarigamajutsu: Kijo Phantom Chain
    Phantom Chains + Sickle, C-rank quality/hardness

    New total: 90 / 110

    XP 100


    _________________


    Around the Riverbed 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

    The Demon Smith:

    STATS

    • Strength: B
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: C | 110
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: B

    Limits, Destiny: 3
    Renown: 3'250


    LINKS

    [x] Updates
    [x] Techniques

    [x] Lore and Plot
    [x] Theme

    HL: #009966 | AL: #ab6c55
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Genin

    Posts : 328
    Join date : 2017-09-25

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 0

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Andariel Bloodworth on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:41 am

    Andariel's linear charge led her to her destination, but not her target. Despite traveling at incredibly high speeds she was able to analyze her surrounding as normal given her demonic eyes improving her perception and general tracking. Toshiyuki narrowly avoided her lunge while stepping off to the side and facing the Oni. Knowing she failed when Toshiyuki began to move she didn't want to entertain the game of cat and mouse. He was overall slower, that much she could tell alone. But he was very elusive. The way he moved and when he moved allowed him to stay just out of range of her bull rushes. It was time she knew to give up on such basic attack strategies considering how much energy she had wasted already. Andariel sprung upwards after he failure and into the canopy layer of the jungle. She'd be concealed to anybody who had not focused on her movements when she ascended.

    She'd touch both feet on a large branch suitable for holding her body weight and started to make a path towards the river where Ikomiki was. With Ayaka and Toshiyuki no longer in pursuit of Andariel she could only assume they went after her teammate. Kicking off the tree branch she stood upon she'd grab a couple kunai from her satchel after putting her arming sword in her buckler hand. From her position her targets were closing in on Ikomiki rapidly. The girl was already wounded prior for whatever reason. The medicine worked wonders as did the bandaging, but there was still the issue of her body and immune system being weak. Any more damage could put more stress on her body.

    Hurling the two kunai (B) she had in hand she'd target Toshiyuki, being the more natural target instead of her yokai sister, being the closest threat to Ikomiki and a mere eight meters from her position. She led her attack, which was an easy feat due to her tracking. If Toshiyuki wished to get within close quarters of Ikomiki he would have the threat of both kunai striking him, one aiming at his upper arm while the other into side of his face. Andariel dropped from the canopy and at Ikomiki's side, swapping the arming sword back in her right hand during her descent. The tools were meant to dissuade Toshiyuki from coming any closer. It was now Andariel realized the best plan of attack given their skill sets.




    The Stuff:

    Technique Used:

    Devil's Eye | Clan Ability (0.1CP)
    Alu Demon Wings | UA
    Possessed Gaze | UA

    Stats
    Strength: B++ (C++ w/Wings)
    Constitution: C (C++ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C (B w/Wings)
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D (E w/Possessed Gaze)
    Perception: B (B+ w/Devil's Eye) (A+ w/Possessed Gaze)

    Chakra Usage: 92.7/110


    _________________
    Strength: B+
    Constitution: C (C+ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B+
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2020-01-02

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Ikomiki on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:54 am

    Unfortunately it seemed that someone caught wise to her plan before it was able to be pulled off. Her cats didn’t get very far. Due to their ability to use sensory and naturally high perception they were able to dance around the initial barrage of the kusarigama, but at the same time it would only be a matter of time until it caught up to them. It was more agile than they were, and tracking it required all their focus, and so it completely nixed their idea of charging into the woods. After a few moments of snaking around they would each be caught, one after another, and dispelled as clones were. While this was happening, Ikomiki was already taking precautionary methods. She was forced to change directions now. Upon seeing the cats begin their avoidant dancing with the kusarigama, something which seemed to greatly displease the true Mikan sitting on her shoulders, Ikomiki would flash out a variety of hand seals. She didn’t really have time to waste with it, especially with the sort of danger she was in right now. By just how difficult it was to track the movements of the kusarigama for her she knew that if an attack was focused on her it would be impossible to avoid, not even considering the multiple heads and snake like methods in which they moved. Especially if the Mikan clones, who where were both more agile and perceptive than she was, were taken out. Tiger -> Monkey -> Bird -> Boar. Her hair would immediately extend out, stretching around her body in a circular dome as the girl with the kusarigama began taunting her for being mean. It was entirely a defensive action, and as the dome of chakra enhanced hair formed it would then stretch into the ground, piecing into the dirt for the purpose of rooting herself in place. If the multi-headed kusarigama collided into her hair-shield it would bounce off, although the strands of hair that it collided with would attempt and fail to grasp onto and hold the at the weapon. If Ikomiki could get herself into a tug of war like this it would be ideal, but she doubted that it would be possible.

    At the same time she had to deal with the charging male. She had formed the shield to avoid the kusarigama back while he was attempting to wrap up Andariel with his wire, and so the shield of hair would already be present when he ran forward. Assuming he still did decide to get close, this would be something that Mikan’s sensory wouldn’t fail to notice. If the boy did continue to charge forward, one of the clones that Mikan had formed following the destruction of the originals would jump forward, speedily worming itself through a tiny hole that formed at the base of her hair that would close just as the clone exited. Before it had jumped out, Ikomiki's hair had scrambled down to reach into the pouch tied to its back. Five of the tags were quickly fished out and removed before it was sent off.

    As soon as it left her shield of hair it would charge forward, jumping towards Toshiyuki. Now that Ikomiki was shielded from any potential blast damage, it would detonate itself just before it came within reach of the angry male, or the kusarigama, depending on which would attempt to come in to stop it.

    Iko’s Stuff”:

    Chakra 89/110
    -5 Lion’s Mane
    -5 Needle Cloak
    Mikan Post 2/3

    Mikan's Chakra 61.5/185
    Clone 1 Chakra 61/185 [-.5 Sensory Technique]
    Clone 2 Chakra 61/185
    4 Explosive Tags Detonated.


    _________________
    Character Sheet:
    Character Name: Ikomiki Otsutsuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 2300
    Renown: 25
    Ryo: 20,000
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: C++
    • Stamina: A++
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: C

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 3

    Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t2831-ikomiki-s-updates#22390
    Toshiyuki
    Toshiyuki

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2019-12-25
    Age : 25
    Location : Preferably, Under My Blankets

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Toshiyuki on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:33 am

    As the hair on her head spread around Ikomiki’s body, Toshi would for but a moment hesitate. The wind would make a nigh imperceptible hiss, that would’ve signaled a keener shinobi to dodge or react, but to Toshiyuki the sound was indistinguishable from the wind in the leaves of the canopy above him. As his mind flinched taking in the strange sight of this cloak of hair engulfing the cat-nin a kunai would fly past and behind him and a second would fly in front of him and past him. The shock of it would snap him back a little closer to reality and the color would return back to his eyes as he stopped in place for just a moment as time seemed to freeze and he squinted at the kunai wondering whose blood was on them.

    No more than a fraction of a second later he could feel the skin and muscle rend. On his lower jaw a shallow cut split his chin mere inches from his carotid. His right arm was a different story the kunai had cut an inch or so deep line. It gashed the top, back part of his right tricep and because of his running posture also managed to clip his his left side obliques by his lower back. The two injuries weren’t directly connected to one another, but the pain from definitely made Toshi focus. He’d blink once as a few things would enter his field of vision all at once. Andariel would drop from the canopy, a multi-headed, metallic, serpentine figure would appear from further away, and a cat with a hip pouch on it’s back would jump from the wall of hair.

    He’d quickly jump backwards a few meters into the air, gritting his teeth as he remade the half tiger seal with his right hand as his left would finish come up converting it into a clone seal. A puff of smoke would appear and the two Toshyukis would kick off from each other both performing the same hand seals. Toshiyuki would use the bodyflicker technique using the clone’s feet as a makeshift platform. The clone would spring towards the hopefully mid air cat as Toshi would head 20 meters back to catch his breath and assess his injuries. The clone with its uninjured hand would throw a kunai with a paper tag on it ahead of him to his destination between the demon and the catgirl detonating it between them.



    Stats and CP:

    Jutsu:

    • Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Faces [3/5 Posts]

      • Stay With Me [-6 CP from Faces]
      • Flying [-5 CP from Faces]


    • Body Flicker Technique  [-5 CP from Toshi]
    • Shadow Clone Jutsu

    UAs:

    • Hidden Voracity: Stm
    • Speed deactivated

    Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: D → C [Stay with Me]
    Stamina: C → B [Hidden Voracity]
    Temporary Speed: D → C [Flying] [strike]→ B [Body Flicker]
    Speed: D → C [Hidden Voracity] → B [Flying]
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: A → B [Hidden Voracity]
    Perception: D

    CP Math:
    Toshi:(133.36-5) /2 - 5 → 59.18
    Toshi[clone]: 64.18
    Faces: 92 - 11 → 84/2 → 39

    Jutsu Used:
    Faces:

    Paying the upkeep again, again.
    Name: Flying
    Rank: C
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: 3
    Range: Self
    Speed: None
    Element: Raiton
    Skill: Medical Ninjutsu
    Classification: Secret
    Requirements: The combination transformation 'Stay with Me' must be active
    Parent Technique: Combination Technique: Stay with Me
    Hand Seals: Dragon → Monkey → Tiger
    Description: Faces realign's her and her partners nerves to be more efficient and amplifies the speed of the current moving through them causing their Speed to be increased by 1 tier. As a jutsu derived from 'Stay with Me' the activation cost and upkeep for this jutsu can be negotiated between the two parties.
    Weaknesses: This jutsu slowly wears away at the muscles of Faces's partner as it doesn't give them any resistance to the fatigue caused by the technique. Her partner's Constitution is reduced by a single - at the end of the post this technique is activated in. For each post that the upkeep is paid the partner accumulates and additional minus up to a full tier at which point the combined form granted by 'Stay with Me' becomes immobilized. Once the technique is deactivated this fatigue fades a single - on the next post and then again on the subsequent posts. Once the debuff is less than a full tier the form granted by 'Stand with Me' is capable of moving again. Alternative methods of getting rid of the fatigue include being perfectly still or paying the upkeep cost again. Being still removes a - from the debuff as at the beginning of each subsequent post. Recasting the technique removes the debuff entirely.

    Body Flicker:
    Name: Body Flicker Technique
    Rank: D
    Power: C
    Activation Cost: 5
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: 50m
    Speed: -
    Element: -
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: Open
    Requirements: -
    Parent Technique: -
    Hand Seals: Half Tiger
    Description: This technique enhances the user's movements by fortifying their step with chakra. This is essentially a burst of energy to make their body function at higher speeds. This technique boosts the user's movement speed by one tier up to 100 meters. If at any time they stop running they must require an reactivation. The hand seal may be held to constantly refresh the 100 meter limit providing a constant speed increase.
    Weaknesses: Just like a full sprint the user must remain in a straight line in order to benefit from the bonus. If the user were to change direction they must reactivate the technique.
    Shadow clone technique:
    Name: Shadow Clone Technique
    Rank: B
    Power: -
    Activation Cost: -
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: 1 km.
    Speed: -
    Element: -
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: General Technique
    Requirements: -
    Parent Technique: -
    Hand Seals: Clone seal or Tiger
    Description: The Shadow Clone technique creates replicas of the user, similar to the Clone Technique, but these clones are corporeal instead of illusions. Clones spawn next to the user. The clones are capable of performing techniques, including the Shadow Clone Technique itself, on their own and can even bleed, but will usually disperse after hit by a strong enough force. The clones can also disperse on their own or be dispelled by the user of the technique. This technique splits the user's chakra equally amongst however many clones they create.
    Weaknesses: In addition, the user must maintain general concentration to maintain their clone's presence. If at any time the user is inflicted with heavy damage in contrast with their Constitution all clones will be dispersed. Also the user must not fall under the exhaustion threshold (below 30% their chakra) to maintain or create clones. Clones have a max base Constitution of C (or lower if the user's base constitution is lower). If the user has natural S-Tier Constitution then it can be improved to B. If a clone has lower than 30 chakra, they will also be subject to the exhaustion penalty as per the Stamina rules.


    _________________
    Signature:
    Character Name: Ryuutei, Toshiyuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 0
    Renown: 0
    Ryo:
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: D

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

    Link to Character Updates: Toshi's Growth
    Link to Character Application: Toshi's Life
    Link to Known Techniques: Toshi's Jutsu
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

    Posts : 218
    Join date : 2019-12-09

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Hua Li on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:24 am

    The first bursts of chakra and violence had come to pass. None gaining a real advantage over the other. Toshi had gained some fresh wounds, mostly due to his reckless behaviour. Nothing lethal; a lesson he could only learn from. Ayaka would steal a side-ways glance at her companion, noticing that reality was dawning upon him sufficiently to push him towards more caution. On the other side, Andariel's trust in her feline friend - while not necessarily unwaranted - had taught her that rushing to the front lines while leaving the weaker link of the chain to fend for themselves was not all that great a tactical decision. And the cat-girl herself had been pushed into the defence, including her more agile friend in that action. A moment of status quo revealed itself as both parties assessed this new situation, woken up from the easy assumption their opponent hardly measured up to their own skill.

    Ayaka slowly pulled back her kusarigama. The multi-headed chain returning to a normal one as its clones disappeared from sight. With Toshiyuki's clone going direction cat-bomb and throwing an explosive tag towards the rival-duo, the yokai felt little reason to move from her spot. Eight meters was more than sufficient a distance to dodge or attack on her side, the lithe girl more agile than most would credit her to be.

    It had been an interesting little skirmish. Andariel had lived up to the pop star's expectations when it came to her approach. Direct, brutal. Yet felt like her yokai sister had to be capable of more than that. The other two, of which one she clearly knew to be a genin, had put up a better fight than expected. The only thing she disliked in the whole situation was the plentiful use of explosive tags like some cheap trick. A fact the war-birb considered crude and a distinct lack in the Art of Warfare or Weapon Mastery. Unfortunately, it was not her place to critique their lack of refined taste when it came to honourful combat.

    "Anda-chan's weapon versatility is as impressive as neesan told me. Are you sure you don't want to team up? I've been told there are some interesting and powerful targets out there in the wild that could prove a challenge. Why not strike a temporary truce, go wild together and have some real fun?"




    Precog Ana & Iko: Standby

    Stats:

    STR: C
    CON: C
    STA: C
    SPD: D [>> TSMA: D++] [<< EotPST: E++]
    COR: B+ [>> TSMA: A]
    INT: B
    PER: D [>> EotPST: C]
    90/110:

    Maintained
    - 01 : TT
    - 00 : EotPST
    - 01 : Tengu School Martial Arts, B-rank

    New Total: 88/110

    XP 125


    _________________


    Around the Riverbed 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

    The Demon Smith:

    STATS

    • Strength: B
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: C | 110
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: B

    Limits, Destiny: 3
    Renown: 3'250


    LINKS

    [x] Updates
    [x] Techniques

    [x] Lore and Plot
    [x] Theme

    HL: #009966 | AL: #ab6c55
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Genin

    Posts : 328
    Join date : 2017-09-25

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 0

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Andariel Bloodworth on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:24 am

    Andariel's success was nothing to be celebrated. She completed her objective which was to take some of the pressure off of Ikomiki. Andariel was fortunate she responded in time, otherwise her teammate would be at the mercy of the other team. She regained focus trying not to let her impulsive behavior jeopardize her teammate. She didn't mind Ikomiki. She seemed kind enough around her and a willing fighter. There was not much else Andariel could want out of a partner. When Andariel descended and joined her ally at her side she caught Toshiyuki retreating, summoning clones and hurling a single kunai between her and the hairy dome that now surrounded Ikomiki like a bunker. And Andariel fully intended on using that defense to her advantage. Andariel moved around to the other side crouching low, using the fuzz dome as a stationary defense from Toshiyuki's explosive kunai. When the bomb went off she was protected as the shrapnel and blast would be absorbed by Ikomiki's technique.

    And it was in their silence as the dust settled, there words from the other yokai. Another push for a peace treaty? Andariel was unsure if they were persistent traitors, or if they had the same train of thought as she did. From their brief skirmish Andariel realized the team was exceptionally skilled. She underestimated them. If the fight were to continue she was certain whatever side prevailed would not walk away without heavy casualties. Andariel rose up to both feet from her crouch. A bit calmer than usual. "We tried that before, didn't we? Toshiyuki showed very strong trust issues...you two still plan to betray us, don't you?" Andariel said with a small pout in her tone towards the end. As much as she wanted to believe them, there was little she had to trust.


    _________________
    Strength: B+
    Constitution: C (C+ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B+
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2020-01-02

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Ikomiki on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:18 am

    It was frustrating. This all seemed like they had danced around for a while now without either team landing any sort of decisive blow on each other. She had been denied her kitten explosions several times, frustratingly enough. First to the agile kusarigama and then to the quick movements of Toshiyuki. A tiny pinhole had opened up in her hair during this time for her to watch the outsides, only to see the Mikan Clone’s attempts thwarted again. Both of her opponents were agile and quick, and either able to attack at a distance or capable of great speeds. And Ikomiki was weak. The best she could summon right now was Mikan, which wasn’t all too much stronger or faster than a real housecat, even if much more intelligent. It was only her own fault that they had hit this deadstop.

    Mikan didn’t bother to explode after seeing Toshiyuki jump away and body flicker, even if she could have perhaps caught him in the blast regardless. The explosive tag that he threw detonated in short order and consumed the kitten in the blast, who had served its purpose. The shrapnel would be absorbed by her hair-dome, and it seemed that Andariel would use it as a shield as well, which was ideal. With her so close Ikomiki wouldn’t have to rely on her hair shield following the attack, and it would be released. Her chakra would surge out, and her hair would retract to being the same length it had been prior to this.

    They had at least seemed to injure Toshiyuki a bit, which was another point in their favor. With the destruction of the gear and the slight injuries Toshiyuki had, Team A was slowly edging their opponents out, even if it felt like a standstill. Ikomiki would still have Mikan on her shoulders, plus the other clone that had been formed a while ago. Ikomiki’s eyes would shift, back and forth between the two enemies. She hadn’t missed what Ayaka and Andarial said. Ikomiki didn’t particularly trust either of them. They would stab her in the back as soon as it became convenient for them to do so. It was just how these sorts of things worked.

    Ikomiki sneered at the duo, while still standing in front of Andariel. She wanted to kill them both. “Why should we trust you? Just so you can stab us in the back later? Don’t speak. Prove it with action if you want something.”

    Iko’s Stuff:

    Mikan Post 3/3

    Mikan’s Chakra 122.5/185
    Clone Chakra 61/185


    _________________
    Character Sheet:
    Character Name: Ikomiki Otsutsuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 2300
    Renown: 25
    Ryo: 20,000
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: C++
    • Stamina: A++
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: C

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 3

    Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t2831-ikomiki-s-updates#22390
    Toshiyuki
    Toshiyuki

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2019-12-25
    Age : 25
    Location : Preferably, Under My Blankets

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kuchiyose
    Class: D
    Ryo: 6,700

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Toshiyuki on Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:11 am

    Toshiyuki would wrap around the tree after his clone's lovely, but fruitless, rendezvous with the two kunoichi, the unpleasant memories of exploding rushing back to his head. He'd been caught up in a moment of uncharacteristic rage, and it almost felt like someone else was piloting him. Now he had blood to deal with. For a moment, he'd hope his partner would be able to talk the Anda-chan down, but it really didn't seem like that was going to happen. Toshi would roll his eyes as sharp nails and teeth trimmed the legs of his pants into short, so he could use the material to bind the wound on his right arm. He was aiming for a fast, quick solution over a pretty one.

    "You monumental dufus!" Faces would chime in, intruding on his thoughts. "I've like never even met someone so stupid. What was going through your head numb skull. You could have gotten us both killed. Were you even thinking..." As she continued her frustration seemed to manifest more and more palpably, but it did manage to keep Toshi on edge. As quick to draw her ax as Andariel was, there was almost no way she'd agree to join him and Ayaka. This is why Toshi hated taking the lead, but in the end this was probably for the best.

    Gritting his teeth against the cloth on one end and pulling tight with the other, he'd wrap up his arm, but he could feel the warm wet dripping down his side with every tug of his arm. He'd let out a great exhale as Faces hadn't stopped rambling yet. Slowly for the first time really he'd notice the blue chakra surrounding his body. If the circumstances were different, maybe he'd have been able to take some time think about the changes, but for right now all he could do was stay where he was back pressed against the tree cautiously observing the flow of the conversation.

    He thought to butt in with comments on how the other two were suspect, or how he and Ayaka were the ones who had to worry about being back stabbed, or maybe even how if they really wanted to deal with the other two, they would have submerged them deep in a genjutsu. Maybe their village's ninja had strange social cues though, similar to his clan relative to the village, but instead their village was abnormal relative to the rest of the world. Either way if it was possible to build trust with these foreigners, it would start most easily with a conversation between familiar faces.



    Stats and CP:

    Jutsu:

    • Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Faces [4/5 Posts]

      • Stay With Me [-6 CP from Toshi] x2
      • Flying [-5 CP from Faces] x2



    UAs:

    • Hidden Voracity: Stm

    Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: D → C [Stay with Me]
    Stamina: C → B [Hidden Voracity]
    Temporary Speed: D → C [Flying]
    Speed: D → C [Hidden Voracity] → B [Flying]
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: A → B [Hidden Voracity]
    Perception: D

    CP Math:
    Toshi: 59.18 - 6 → 53.18  + 58.18 → 111.36
    Toshi[clone]: 64.18 -6 → 58.18 - 58.180
    Faces: 39 -5 → 34 x 2 → 68


    _________________
    Signature:
    Character Name: Ryuutei, Toshiyuki
    Spendable Experience: 0
    Total Experience: 0
    Renown: 0
    Ryo:
    Stats:

    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: D

    Limit Break Points:

    • Physical: 1
    • Technique: 1
    • Destiny: 1

    Link to Character Updates: Toshi's Growth
    Link to Character Application: Toshi's Life
    Link to Known Techniques: Toshi's Jutsu
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

    Posts : 218
    Join date : 2019-12-09

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Hua Li on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:28 pm

    It was rather remarkable how the opposing team missed the fact they had been the first one to draw a weapon and strike at an earnest offer, blew up a backpack with rations and medicine and send in cats to blow themselves up. It frankly caught the tengu somewhat off-guard in perplexity, as they made it sound like precaution was actually to be considered a flaw in the ninja world. Taking a moment to assess the situation and think about how to move on from there, Toshiyuki's silence did not escape her. When time came to step up as a leader and push the ball forward, he ceded the position to someone else? Even the thought of supporting Ayaka in her words as she tried to rekindle the proposition didn't strike his fancy. Was he this out of his comfort zone?

    The others weren't better though. Sure, they had accusation but there had not been a definite 'yes' or 'no' answer from their side. Typical genin behaviour, if you asked her. A big mouth but when push came to shove, none had made conclusive decisions just yet. They all lacked the courage or determination to do so.

    "We were cautious in our approach, yes. But you talk about trust issues? I do not believe either of us showed hostile intent until you decided to attack us and blew up a pack full rations and medicine. In fact, we were capable of trailing you for a while. If it was our decision to attack you, why would we have offered a team-up?", she'd put up a frown of sadness as she spoke. And a brief moment of silence later, she took a deep sigh. "Well, I guess that makes your stand on any temporary alliance clear, doesn't it?". She then looked at Toshiyuki, expecting him to make the final call for their side. It was up to the 'manager' to call the shots here, not the entertainer. "Do you want to go on or shall we retreat? I don't think fighting till exhaustion would do any of us good when we have still four more days to go."

    She'd await his answer. But she wouldn't leave the two others out of her scope of attention.




    88/100:

    Maintained
    - 01 : TT
    - 00 : EotPST
    New total: 87/110

    XP 150


    _________________


    Around the Riverbed 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

    The Demon Smith:

    STATS

    • Strength: B
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: C | 110
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: B

    Limits, Destiny: 3
    Renown: 3'250


    LINKS

    [x] Updates
    [x] Techniques

    [x] Lore and Plot
    [x] Theme

    HL: #009966 | AL: #ab6c55
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Genin

    Posts : 328
    Join date : 2017-09-25

    Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 0

    Around the Riverbed Empty Re: Around the Riverbed

    Post by Andariel Bloodworth on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:43 am

    There was distrust through every member of all teams. In fact, the only person who seemed to be advocating for a partnership was Ayaka. And Andariel trusted her the most. It was the human she didn't trust in. The one who was cagey since they first met. What Ayaka said made sense, too. If they were stalking them from the beginning it would've been smart to sneak attack them the moment they had their guard down. But instead the boy approached them directly to try and compromise. Andariel understood what Ayaka was trying to get through and had little reason to disbelieve her. It created an awkward situation for her. "Mmmmm. I see your point." Andariel became less tense as her shoulders dropped, sheathing her sword back into its scabbard at her waist. "You two leave if you really mean it. I need to collect my things."

    Andariel was of course referring to her ax. She preferred it above all her other weapons. It allowed her to use both hands to deliver substantial blows against her targets, often ending confrontations in a swing. That is, of course, if they weren't as elusive as Toshiyuki and Ayaka.


    _________________
    Strength: B+
    Constitution: C (C+ Poison)
    Stamina: C
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B+

      Current date/time is Sun May 24, 2020 4:22 pm