Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Desert Sunset (IO)

Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Desert Sunset (IO) Empty Desert Sunset (IO)

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:54 pm

The evening was slowly getting cooler as time wore on, the orange sky above as the sun slowly made it's way down toward the horizon was the timer set before it a cold desert night greeted them all. The tall genin moved through the village, a couple of bags held fast under an arm, the openings tapered off with ties to prevent them from spilling their contents upon the streets. Within the bags were his dinner, a large number of kabobs from a local street vendor he favored, a couple of expensive bottles of sake, some of personal favorite, and a couple of saucers for them as the others had broken when he dropped one after the other while drunk one night.

The Kabobs had large, hearty portions of meat, and vegetables upon their skewers, the meat being various kinds one could find or import, vulture meat, scorpion meat, snake meat, with some beef and pork too. The vegetables were peppers of differing kinds, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. The peppers had just a bit of crunchyness to them while keeping their flavor, the tomatoes were warm without being too soft or mushy, the onions were grilled to just the perfect level of sweetness, and the mushrooms were soft, tender, and delicious. Everything was perfectly seasoned, and he ate at the vendor at least once or twice a week.

The sake was some pretty good stuff, he had a bottle for tonight, and one for tomorrow night, and he was looking forward to getting drunk and enjoying the feeling of it until he went to sleep. He glanced up to the sky to see it darkening more and more. It'd be another bit before a real sunset came on and he was contemplating going to watch it on the walls. He wore his usual attire of black combat boots, a green undershirt, and a green coat. His sunglasses still adorned his eyes, keeping his brilliant, grass green eyes hidden from the world. Well, they were green now, when he used his powers they became lilac, with a circle around the iris. He didn't anticipate using those abilities though, really he just wanted to relax.

He was almost to the edge of the market, passing by one of the famous glass makers that the village was known for. They utilized heat and dyes to produce breathtaking works of wrought glass that were exorbitantly expensive. However they did other things such a custom glasses, jars, bottles, and the like. As he passed the glass maker he stopped to look at the wares on display. From the exquisite pieces, to the simple cups and glasses. He had a few minutes to make a decision on whether or not he wanted to head straight home, or go to the wall to watch the sunset. However he'd have to pick one here. For the wall to watch the sunset from was in the opposite direction of his modest apartment.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: D
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: D

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: N/A
    Link to Known Techniques: See Character Updates.
    Kara
    Kara

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: More than I need, less than I'd like

Desert Sunset (IO) Empty Re: Desert Sunset (IO)

Post by Kara Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:26 pm

As the day wound down to evening Kara was ecstatic. It was the worst thing about deciding to live here; the sun. Its harsh rays were bad enough in other parts of the world, but here in the desert the grains of sand zealously reflected the skin damaging light and made it all the more difficult for her to be out in the day. She could be more lax with her skin care, but why start down that road of bad decisions now? Up until a few days ago her pale and delicate skin had never been damaged in any way. Thinking of that night in the tavern she would reach up to her right shoulder and gently touch the bruise that was still healing. It was an ugly thing in her opinion a bright blue and purple and red in the shape of fingertips, just that small amount of pain made her seriously question the sanity of anyone who chose a life where violence was likely to ensue. It at least was profitable for her though, there was always some person around willing to pay coin to be patched up.

As the village cooled with the slow disappearance of the sun Kara would get ready to go out, the market was mercifully still open, meaning she could replace the set of wine glasses that had broken during her meal with Kensai. Both glasses hadn’t broken, only the one, but what good was a set with one piece missing? She opted for slightly less formal clothing, as she tended to do at night no longer needing multiple layers to protect her fragile skin. She chose a wine colored silk knee length dress with a slit up the front of her left thigh for ease of movement. The thin straps on the dress did nothing to hide the bruising on her shoulder and so she reluctantly wrapped a patterned gossamer scarf loosely across her shoulders to disguise it. As she prepared to step outside of her home she weighed her options with footwear. She greatly disliked walking in sand with high heels on, however they looked fabulous on her. With a sigh she slid her feet into some black leather pumps deciding that fashion was worth the inconvenience. Her blonde hair was mostly loose, trailing down her back and held away from her face by a silver and emerald hair pin. Her look was a bit less ‘done up’ than she would normally be comfortable with for shopping, but the cool night air always felt so good on her skin and she was looking forward to the relief from the sweltering heat.

Kara would hurry along, as much as she was capable of in her tight dress and heeled shoes, towards the glass makers shop. She knew she was cutting it close as far as time was concerned, most shopkeepers closed up as soon as the sun started dipping towards the horizon. Luckily the shop she was looking for was closer to the edge of the market and would save her valuable time that she didn’t have to spend fighting her way through a sweaty crowd. As she approached the glass shop she was delighted to see it was still open and walked straight towards the more expensive pieces, setting her eyes on a set of stemmed glasses with ruby colored flecks along the rim.

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:22 am

As he stood, gazing upon the works crafted by men and women who made the art of mixing and dyeing glass their lifes work, another would stop at the shop. Turning toward her, he would see a wind coloured dress covering pale skin, eyes of molten honey, and..heels? He blinked in confusion at the last part. No one in Sunagakure wore heels from what he could remember. He considered this piece of information carefully as he looked upon the wars. 'Now that you mention it, her skins too pale to be from here too, if she didn't come out in the evening, she'd be scorched.' He would think as he glanced over at the same wine glasses and getting an idea of her taste in style. They were an extremely attractive gift for someone.

Or who knew, maybe she was shopping for herself? Either way, a potential newcomer within the village didn't give him the right to gawk like an idiot. Turn toward her move fully he'd give her a small smile. "Good evening miss, I couldn't help but notice a few things, not the least of which was your..attire. Are you not from here? Most in this village wouldn't wear heels in the sand and that scarf will do little to combat the cold that will be coming when the sun is fully down. I am Kai Aglaris, and if I can be of assistance, I would like to." He would say, holding a polite hand out for hers. She of course wasn't required to take it. However if she did he would bow over her hand and kiss the back of it. "I noticed you looking at the wine glasses there, they are breathtakingly beautiful." He would say, starting off with a bit of mild conversation in case she chose not to deign him with an answer to his original question.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu

Post by Kara Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:03 am

Kara was just about to wave over the shopkeeper having decided to purchase the glasses she had found when a male voice broke through the concentration she’d been holding on the stemware. She was a bit taken aback by his forwardness in regards to her attire, she was certainly not used to people so brazenly instructing her on what they thought she should be wearing. Looking up from the piece of glassware she would smile demurely as she responded in a cool tone. “Kara, pleased to make your acquaintance Kai Aglaris. I’m not certain if a man who wears sunglasses in the evening is the best possible judge of a womans ‘attire’.” Feeling confident that she had asserted her stance on the subject of her clothing she would take the offered hand and her smile would finally reach her eyes as he extended a gentlemanly kiss to the delicate skin of the back of her hand. The gesture went quite a way to cooling the annoyance she had felt at his initial comments. As far as her being new was concerned, well of course she knew she was, it was an amusing assumption on his part however. It wouldn’t have taken someone nearly as intelligent as her to see what he was trying to do by speaking with her. She’d done much the same a few days ago when interacting with people in this very market. Kara would decide to be kind and chuckled as she answered his question.

“I am fairly new to Sunagakure as it happens, as for assistance I can’t think of anything I would need help with at the moment.” She would pull her hand back gently and raise one of the glasses she had chosen and held it up in the slowly dying light, enjoying its sparkle as she did so. “That is unless you would be willing to carry my shopping here, you seem strong enough.” She would wink as she teased the obviously well muscled man, the thought of him having trouble carrying two wine glasses was delightful. As she waited for an answer she would finally wave down the shopkeeper and hand over the ryo required for her purchase.

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:56 am

A rare, almost playful grin would grace his features at her swift riposte and he'd raise a finger as if in a fencers acknowledgement of a 'touch' in response. "I suppose that's true, although I simply don't wish too many people to see my eyes, it makes it more difficult for opponents to know where I'm focusing." He would, giving a simply, and concise explanation for why he wore them. Why break the habit after all, besides, he could see fine. Her smile at his actions would bring a wider one to his own features. He wasn't usually one to get happy over small things, but sometimes there was just something good about bringing a smile to someone's features.

The tease she would fire off at him would be unexpected, but not unwelcome and he'd contemplate the glasses gravely. "My, such heavy burdens." He would say as he took the bag from the merchant for her. "Of course, who am I to deny a request?" He would ask as he carried the bag with the precious glasses in the hand that wasn't already carrying his other stuff. He wouldn't want them getting knocked around wildly now would he? My wouldn't that be a poor first impression to make. Turning back to her, he'd contemplate her for a moment before giving a small shrug as if to say 'fuck it'. "Well, if you're new to Sunagakure, might I offer the best view of the day? Sunset is coming you see, and there's nothing quite like watching it from atop the village walls. I'm carrying my dinner and some pretty good sake, complete with the new cups I mentioned earlier. How about I share the food, the drink, and the view, and you share your company?" He'd say, the offer now out in the open.

It wasn't like he was asking her back to his place, so he didn't think it sounded unreasonable. Of course, considering her appearance, if she did want to go back to his place, he certainly wouldn't say no. However he had no intention of trying to broach such a subject unless he thought it was what she might wish. Green eyes, hidden behind black glasses, would meet eyes of liquid honey as he waited for her answer, it was rude not to make eye contact, even if it was through his glasses.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:54 am

Kara was pleased when Kai took the bag from her, it wasn’t particularly heavy but the courtesy for her comfort was appreciated. She had been about to direct the man towards her home, being more interested in getting the precious glasses to the safety of her house than anything else when he suggested an alternative. She would turn so that she was facing him directly, gently cross her arms in front of her waist and study him more closely. She didn’t have anything in particular that she was planning on doing that evening and some food and drink and a sunset did sound nice, but she wanted to get a better idea of who she would be doing those things with. Upon further inspection she noted that other than sunglasses he was fairly unremarkable, not in any sort of uninteresting way; but rather that he could probably easily blend in to a crowd. If she had to describe him to anyone later there were oddly no real distinguishing features other than the glasses. His clothes seemed well taken care of, so at least she could see that he wasn’t any type of vagrant ne'er do well.

Her assessment of him committed to memory she would gesture in a direction away from the shop and smile charmingly at the man. “I have nothing else planned, and your company seems agreeable to me. I assume you’ll assist me should my footwear lead to my downfall.” She would laugh, her honey colored eyes sparkling she pulled her scarf tighter around her shoulders; it seemed the scarf was a bit too thin for the evening air after all. “Lead on Kai the tour guide and let us see what spectacle awaits.”

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Kai stood still as she judged him, carefully contemplating his appearance and trying to gauge whether or not she could trust him not to harm her. She had nothing to fear in such regards, however she couldn’t know that based on his words alone. As her yellow eyes took in his nondescript appearance, his green ones, hidden behind the veil of his glasses, would take in hers. A wine coloured dress, tight upon her form, with a slit up one leg to thigh height, allowing for better movement. High heels, a risky choice in foot wear in the sand but one that certainly agreed with what the eyes saw. A thin scarf was hung around her neck and shoulders. A silvery emerald hairpin gave her hair some form of decorum but it was mostly simply loose and carefree. Not greasy or dirty by any means, simply hanging down her back to catch the wind. All in all she was a woman one wouldn’t easily mistake, especially not with her eyes. No, he doubted he would be forgetting Miss ‘Kara’ soon at all.

Her own assessment finished as his own did, and a charming smile would grace her lips as she gestured for him to take the lead. With a smile and a polite bow he would. “Why of course, what kind of rude man would I be to let a lady torture herself so? Why, if you wish, I’ll carry you there now.” He’d jest, a small grin touching his features as he gave mild tease. In truth though, he probably would have to carry her. At least when they got to the wall. Given that they had to be on the top of the wall to watch the sunset. At that point he’d have to ask her to hold their things while he carried her up to the top, and given her dress, he would have to do so bridal style to avoid damaging it. That was fine though, he felt like she’d be great company regardless.

As they walked, him slowing his pace to walk beside her should she have followed him. He could easily guide them from there, besides, they were going to the wall. It’s not like it was hard. “So, if I may ask, what brings you to Sunagakure?” He’d ask, curiosity in his tone as they moved through the village. It wouldn’t take long for them to reach the wall, but it would still be a minute or two before they did and walking in simple silence was extremely boring.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:43 am

Kara was absolutely tickled by the friendly verbal sparring. She was usually up for adventure, and wandering off with someone she had just met seemed fairly adventurous. His comment about carrying her there was met with a chuckle, she assumed he wasn’t serious but you could never tell for certain. She wouldn’t be opposed to it once there were less people about, she didn’t want to appear completely helpless before then though. “Depending on how my shoes hold up I may take you up on your offer, for now though I should be fine. I practiced my walking on the way here and I’m a quick study.” To prove her point she would hold her arms out to her sides daintily and hurried to walk a few steps past him before turning and giving him a playful smirk.

After her mischievous display she would wait for him to actually show the way, she couldn’t read his mind after all and did not know where he meant to go. She was perfectly content to walk in silence and enjoying the cooling temperatures of the village, and the dispersing of the people within it. His question startled her a bit, being lost in thought as she was and so there was a long pause before she answered. “What brings me to Sunagakure?” She would repeat the question as a stalling technique as she gathered her thoughts. “A lot of things really. Primarily I am looking to set up shop here, I’m a doctor and with the village being newly founded I thought that it would be the sort of thing, a clinic I mean, that this village could use.”

There were plenty of other reasons that she had come to this village in particular, though she wasn’t sure that sharing most of them were in her better interest. She would however give a sly smile as she followed up with a more personal reason. “And of course I’d heard that some of the most handsome tour guides resided here.” She would wait for a reply if he gave one before following up with a question of her own. “And why are you here? I assume it isn’t only to offer fashion advice and act as a chaperon to evening shoppers.”

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 pm

Her display of walking would certainly draw his attention to her form, so much so that he would honestly be caught red handed when she suddenly turned toward him. Normally, no one would be able to tell where he was looking at such a time due to his sun glasses, but that did tend to change when he was caught with his head actually turned in the direction he was looking. So it would be pretty obvious where his eyes had been. Blinking behind his glasses he'd give an apologetic chuckle "I see indeed, my apologies for being such an engrossed spectator." He would say, all at once admitting what he'd been doing, complimenting her on her figure, and acknowledging that he'd been caught in the first place. He had been staring after all, even if that had been the point of the exercise, she had clearly won the round.

They would devolve into a silence then until he asked his question, walking side by side she would take a moment, and then stall no less by repeating the question. Coming up a believable lie? Potentially, but that wasn't important. If she didn't want to tell him, she didn't have to. He wasn't some creeper who would insist or poke around where he had no business. He was a stranger to her, he couldn't fault her for being cautious. Her answer would surprise him though, it wasn't the kind of thing one could lie about safely. Not without getting caught way too easily. So he would assume it was simply the truth. "I see, that is fairly interesting." He'd say, honestly considering his next question before she decided to play the role of the flirty girl again. A small smile would grace his features again at her small flirt. Whether she meant it or not didn't truly matter, it was simply fun. Her question would cause a small chuckle to come from him before his response. "To be honest, I'm from far away, a place I'd rather keep to myself. I'm here because I want to help people, I want to protect them." He would say, simple honesty forming the core of his response before he followed up with "And that's 'chaperon to incredibly beautiful shoppers', thank you very much." He would say, a smirk dusting across his face as they reached the edge of the wall.

They had fallen away from any possible onlookers except for the occasional individual going home. Which was a rarity at this time. "So, I can carry you up the wall if you want, but only if you can hold the bags while I do. I only have two arms you see." He would say, an apologetic shrug emphasizing his point as he looked to her. Shaded green orbs would move to once again meet those of molten honey. "We can also walk a ways down the length of the wall to the stairway but that's both less fun, and more time consuming. We might miss the sunset if we do. However we'll do which you prefer." He would say, raising an inquisitive eyebrow at her for her answer.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:39 am

Kara would blush slightly at the man’s apology, she had been showing off but to have attention drawn to it was a bit of a surprise. The embarrassment was short lived though and she quickly regained her composure. She was not surprised when he was a bit ambiguous about his origins, she had been as well; she was well aware that everyone had their secrets and she wasn’t about to be the one to demand further details on his story. He was kind enough to either pretend not to notice the details lacking in hers or she was better at rhetoric that she had first surmised, and while the latter was more flattering she felt that her candid approach made the first explanation more likely. She would muse a bit about how she was going to explain her origins in the future; it would eventually become a problem and if anyone looked too deeply they may find something she didn’t like. But that was a worry she would set aside for another day as the man she walked with flirted back. She would smile and laugh, enjoying the ease with which the conversation flowed.

Upon reaching the wall she would look around for some way to ascend, her observations cut short by his offer to carry her up. In response Kara would cock her head slightly to one side, seemingly weighing her options. As far as she had any recollection of she’d never been carried. There had been a time or two in her adult life when she must have been, but she had been unfortunately unconscious. She thought back to her talk with Azuma about her utter lack of physical contact and the reaction that had garnered. He had seemed. . . sad. Sadness was not an emotion she was particularly interested in evoking currently and so she decided to be less than truthful about her thoughts. “I suppose carrying me up would be the most exciting option, and this is supposed to be a spectacle. I shall do my best to hold on to everything, though I am not particularly strong, at least not nearly so much as you appear to be.” She would move closer to the man while holding out her arms to carry his and her things. She had no idea how he would manage to carry her and all of their things up to the top of the massive wall, she couldn’t even imagine having that kind of strength. Even carrying a simple picnic basket was a bit of a struggle for her. She wasn’t worried about it, he seemed confident and capable, just curious. As she pondered the wind would blow ever so slightly and her scarf would loosen, and as she would reach up to readjust it her fingers would lightly brush the bruising on her shoulder causing her to wince surreptitiously. As an after thought she would speak quickly before he had managed to touch her. “Please be gentle, I apparently bruise fairly easily.” She would smile as she spoke, attempting to pass the comment off as a joke.

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:51 am

A dusting of red would grace the cheeks of his companion as he apologized. Clearly she hadn't expected her display to garner quite so much notice from the man but what could he say? She was attractive. Saying so over and over again though would get terribly dull, and so he'd refrain from restating his opinion on her physical appeal to him. Everything would go as normal up to the point where he'd offered to carry her, where things would diverge. "You shouldn't have to worry about it's weight, nothing here is heavy, a couple of sake bottles and saucers, two boxes of food, and your wine glasses. All you'll need to do is ensure none of it fall." He would say, trying to ease her concern over the task as she moved closer to him and reached out for the bags. He handed them to her, and while she worked to situation them he would speak, explaining what he was going to do.

"I intend to carry you up there bridal style, I can't think of a more dignified way to do so, and besides, any other way would damage your dress. So what I'll be doing is lifting you into both of my arms, mine will be under your knees, and behind your shoulders, supporting you. Normally, one being carried in such a way puts their arms around the neck of the one carrying them. However in this case I want you to just hold the bags close. Don't worry, I won't hurt you, or let you fall." He would say, giving her a full run down of what he would be doing so as not to surprise or shock her. The bruise he'd seen on her shoulder would give him pause, for a moment. He'd move to raise a gentle hand and brush over it, barely grazing it with his finger should she let him as he spoke once more. "Doctors, shouldn't have to take such injuries." He would say solemnly, before moving to her side and moving to pick her up as previously described.

His touch would be gentle, treating her more like a porcelain doll than anything else as he lifted her into his arms. Provided she let him of course. Once he was sure she had a hold of the items, and he had her, he would begin to walk up the wall, applying the surface walking technique to apply chakra to his feet and allow him to stick. While he was of average strength for his build, his build was also powerfully formed. Giving him the necessary muscles to carry her up there without difficulty. He'd keep the trek as smooth as possible, taking slow, measured steps to ensure mistakes did not occur. He wasn't sure she would want to converse while they moved up the wall so he'd let her start any conversation that might be had.

Atop the wall, he'd firmly place both feet upon the stone edifice and gently set her back down, kneeling and setting her legs down first. Enabling her to get her weight under her without risk of her falling and harming herself. The wind blew a fair bit harsher up here. Not enough to worry about anything blowing off the wall, but it was certainly more wind than they had experienced in the village. The chill of the night was slowly oncoming and the sun was beginning it's final descent toward the horizon, the shades it coloured across the sky turning purple, orange, and pink. It was a breath taking sight.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:35 pm

Kai’s explanation of his intentions were most welcome, she likely would have been a bit concerned had he picked her up without explaining. She was also relieved that the packages were not overly cumbersome, she wouldn’t have wanted to carry them for very long however, for the short time she’d have to though it seemed comfortable enough. As Kai’s fingers came up to touch her shoulder she wouldn’t pull away, though she would shudder ever so slightly. He hadn’t hurt her, but the gentle touch was in stark contrast to the injury and it was somehow. . . exhilarating. His comment struck a chord with her and added a gravity to the injuries on her shoulder that she hadn’t felt before. She would just smile awkwardly in response, not quite sure how to handle the situation and then allow herself to be carried. It was somewhat nerve wracking, especially when she saw the man’s feet seem to stick to the wall. She didn’t think she was afraid of heights but then again she’d never been up somewhere so high and so as they moved upwards she chatted in an attempt to calm her nerves.

“You know I’ve never actually been up this high, it’s quite the experience. I’m much more used to having my feet on the ground. Though I suppose technically I never actually have my feet on the ground, what with my heels and all.” She would keep speaking nervously until they reached the top and the large armed man carefully placed her on the wall. As he set her down she would laugh, partly out of relief and partly out of the thrill she felt. “That was quite the ride Kai, travelling by shinobi is something I’ll have to try more often.” The wind was a good deal stronger up here and she would pull her thin scarf tighter around her shoulders in a vain attempt to block out the cold. Looking out across the dunes she was astonished at the way the colours danced across the sand, it almost looked as though it were a field of perfectly cut gemstones. Not taking her eyes off the setting sun she would breath out in awe. “This is amazing Kai Aglaris, thank you for sharing it with me.”

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:32 am

An awkward smile, and a personality that fills voids of nervous fear with conversation. That was something Kai wouldn't have expected to see from the blonde woman he carried up the wall. The large man would listen intently to her words as he walked as if the wall was the normal ground. He'd chuckle deeply before responding. "Yet you don't wear your heels all of the time of course." He would say, the observation obvious, but it was merely a bit of harmless fun. Her laugh would bring a smile to his features and her following comment would bring his own riposte. "I'll always be willing to give you a ride if you require it." He would say. Of course, since he was a fucking alien, the subtext of the statement would be lost on him entirely. He legitimately meant if she wanted to be carried somewhere, he would do so willingly. Why? Because she had seemed to enjoy the experience.

Ignoring his impeccable ability to miss nuances at times, he would see her pull her scarf around her tighter and without a beat pull his coat off. The large garment was warmer than what she was wearing by far and he didn't really need it it. Without asking, or even a word, he'd use both hands to place the coat around her shoulders. The article of clothing went down to her ankles, but that meant it would hopefully keep her entire body warm. "I'm glad you liked it." He would say, smiling off into the distance at the view. "It's one of my favorite times to just come up here and think. I'm glad I ran into you, to think, I was considering just going home and skipping this view." He would say, as he moved to politely take the bags from her. "Are you hungry? I did promise to share my dinner if I recall correctly. I've got a bunch of kabobs here, plenty for both of us." He would say, motioning for her to sit down if she wanted. He would wait for her to take a seat, unless she simply chose not to at all for the moment. He would need to be sitting to set things up after all.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:50 am

Kara would laugh at her ‘ride’s’ humour, even though she wasn’t sure that it was all intentional - the sincerity in his voice made her wonder if her joke had perhaps missed the mark. In a way she found the innocence of his comments charming, not that she thought the more obvious innuendo was any less so. She had spent so many years of her life engaged in flirtatious conversation, however usually it was because one or both parties wanted something out of the event. In this particular instance though she felt that neither of them were truly expecting anything of the other and it was surprisingly nice.

As Kai removed his coat and placed it on her shoulders she would stiffen just a bit, she wasn’t afraid of him by any means, but the last person who had touched her without warning had hurt her quite a bit. The moment would pass however and she would relax, enjoying the residual warmth from the man's body radiating from the piece of clothing. She would pull the fabric closer around her, she assumed she looked ridiculous, drowning in the oversized garment but she didn’t mind as it was much preferable to the cool night air. When he offered to share his food with her she considered politely declining the offer out of habit, but after a quick assessment of the situation decided that she was actually hungry and opting out of the meal would be a rather stupid decision. And stupid decisions were not things she was in the habit of making. She was a bit concerned after he mentioned kabobs, the one’s she’d always seen in the market were loaded with different meats and while they were probably delicious, seeing meat cooked or not was not at all appetizing to her. The hazards of being a surgeon.

When the man motioned for her to sit she was doubly thankful for his coat, it was more than long enough for her to sit comfortably on without ruining her dress. Her shoes were quite another problem however, she hadn’t picked out this outfit for sitting on the ground. After weighing different scenarios in her mind some more chaste than others, she decided that removing her shoes was going to afford her the most amount of modesty while maneuvering. Kara would step out of her high heels and bend down to pick them up before gracefully sitting down beside Kai and placing her shoes off to the side. The wall was surprisingly still warm on her feet, the heat from the sun still lingering within it. She would smile as she watched Kai unpack his belongings. “I am hungry as it happens, though - and I don’t mean to come off as picky here - I avoid eating meat, so if you have any vegetables to spare it would be most appreciated.” She would pull the coat even closer as a bit of wind rose and then quickly remember her manners. “Thank you for the coat by the way, I guess you were right about the scarf after all.”

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:54 pm

The returning laugh for his comment would confuse him for a moment. Had he screwed something up and made a fool of himself? He began to try to think of what he had said that could have been taken as laugh worthy but couldn’t seem to pinpoint it. At this though, he’d simply mentally shrug at the moment, if he had made a big enough fool of himself she would’ve said something..he hoped. Otherwise it seemed to simply be amusing, which was fine for him. He did not mind being the butt of some joke, what was it to him? As he placed his coat around her he would feel the sudden stiffening and mentally berate himself for not warning her. “I apologize, I should’ve told you what I was doing. I’ve done it thus far after all.” He would say, a self recriminating grimace on his features.

The coats size was definitely big enough to keep her warm. It was almost comical how much larger than her it was. She would wrap herself tighter in the garment, clinging to the warmth it gave against the chill wind. His own simply green shirt was poor protection against the elements, satisfying the needs of modesty alone, but he didn’t mind. As he sat, herself doing so after taking off her heels and setting them aside, he would begin to open the boxes. Her comment would cause a confused furrow of his brows, no meat? What an odd thing to avoid. What she wanted however was her business and as it happened the Kabobs had plenty of vegetables on them too. It just meant he’d have to do a bit of work before they could eat, which he was fine with.

Opening both boxes, each holding five kabobs each loaded down with plenty of both meat and vegetables, he’d pick two up and use the end of the kabobs to slide the individual ingredients off into the boxes themselves. Separating them into a box of vegetables and a box of meat. All of it grilled deliciously and still hot as it was the last thing he’d bought before heading toward the market's exit. Soon enough each box was filled, one with vegetables, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. The box of meat was filled with scorpion, snake, vulture, pork, and beef. He’d reach into the bag and grab a couple of pairs of disposable chopsticks that so many restaurants and vendors seemed to think people needed when they really needed. Glad that this time they had in fact come in handy. Then he’d set the box of grilled vegetables next to her as he reached into the other bag and withdrew a bottle of sake and a new saucer, setting them next to her as well before grabbing his own bottle and saucer. “There we are Miss Kara, will that suffice?” He’d ask, a small smile upon his features.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:25 am

Kara watched with interest as Kai seperated the meat from the vegetables into the two boxes. It was a kind gesture and one that she had not considered when voicing her opinions about meat. She had assumed that it would simply mean she would go without dinner for now, which would have been fine. It wasn't as though she couldn’t just go back to her home to eat. As Kai placed the box of vegetables near her she took it in hand happily and gave a sincere “Thank you.” before pulling apart the disposable chopsticks and consuming one of the pieces of pepper. The slightly spicy and warm vegetable tasted like heaven, and a small sigh of happiness would escape her lips as she finished chewing. “This is so good, thank you for going to all the trouble.”

Her eyebrow would raise as the nearly topless man took out a bottle of sake and saucer and placed it down presumably for her. She adored sake and was not one to turn it down but she was amused that her current companion thought she should have a bottle all to herself. When he pulled out a second bottle for himself she couldn’t help but to chuckle quietly. “Quite the assumption that I can finish this all on my own. A correct one as it happens, but still.” Her laugh would grow louder as she attempted to open the bottle and failed utterly. Ironically much as she had done a few days ago. It occurred to her that it was quite amusing that she drank as much as she did when she was apparently incapable of opening bottles. With a grin she would hold the bottle out towards Kai and ask for help. “I don’t suppose you’re any better at this than I am?”

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:59 am

Her sincere smile and words of gratitude would bring his own smile to his features. "It is no trouble whatsoever. I would be an exceedingly rude individual if I didn't put forth what small efforts required to ensure your enjoyment." He would say as he removed the bottles of sake. Her comment about his assumptions would bring another grin to his features. He had the reply to this one. "Me? Assume anything about a lady? No, I simply know I can finish a bottle on my own." He would say as he opened the cork on his own bottle as Kara attempted to open hers to no avail. As she held the bottle out to him he'd reach over and take it, uncorking it before passing it back to her. "No problem at all." He would say as he took up his own bottle and poured a saucer for himself. He would then proceed to hold his saucer up toward her. "A toast, to new friends and what has so far been a lovely evening." He would say with a smile. Should she accept the toast he would down his first saucer and follow it with a sigh of contentment.

Then he would proceed to begin to eat his own food, taking a moment between bites so as not to be rude to speak with his mouth full. "So, what kind of doctor are you? What sort of medicine I mean." He would ask, curiosity in his tone before he went back to take another few bites. The sunset was truly starting now, the sun hitting the horizon. The sky was the gorgeous cascades of blues, purples, oranges, and pinks. The sight was something to behold and Kai was quite content with life at the moment.

Stats:

Shiro Suzuki
    Shiro Suzuki

Village : N/A

Post by Shiro Suzuki Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:05 am

Ah, what a lovely evening for these two people enjoying the sunset at the top of Sunagakure no Sato's walls. Truth to be told, it was a marvellous sight although it could get old pretty fast if you spent as many evening shifts guarding the gates as Shiro did. But he didn't complain. He was after all getting paid to watch sand and dust, as well as a pretty sunset every once in a while. What easier job could there be in the world? Shiro would like to stay a Genin FOREVER if it meant getting paid to do this kind of work. Unfortunately, the evening shifts to guard the walls and gates were the most popular ones- it was the one period during the day when the sun rays weren't scorching hot. Of course there were also no sun rays during the night, but Sunagakure no Sato's nights were incredibly cold due to...well, the desert, and being at the top of the wall during then was a nightmare.

Sadly, today Shiro hadn't managed to get the evening guard shift. Something about getting distracted by birds and being blown off the top of the walls by a sudden wind breeze a couple of days earlier. At least he had managed to save himself, but the top brass in the military had figured it would be less shameful for Sunagakure no Sato's military if he fell from the top of the wall to his death during the night. That would at least give them an opportunity to clean up before everybody saw the mess. So he was now the only Suna-nin with night shift exclusivity! Shiro didn't mind it, tho. It made him feel special. Everybody knows the bad guys always attack during the night so if they placed him there they must have been recognizing his abilities! He was an optimistic dude. But at the same time he figured out he needed to stop trying so hard- if they promoted him he'd need to go on more difficult adventures and that meant less time to work on his puppet workshop!

But if he was working the night shift, what was he doing climbing the walls at this hour? Well, he was picking herbs. Not many plants grew in the harsh Sunrise Desert, but some of the rarest that did, did so on Sunagakure no Sato's walls. The stubborn green bastards would break through the stone and sprout there, eventually blossoming into beautiful flowers and an artistic "Fuck you" to nature and anyone tasked with the maintenance of the walls. But he wasn't doing maintenance, no sire. Shiro's parents owned a flowershop inside the Heavenly Gardens and these herbs were very important not just because they were pretty but because their petals could be used for medicinal purposes. But to Shiro's parents, they were important mostly because they kept Shiro busy and out of trouble for a couple of hours. OR SO THEY THOUGHT! Fools.

But Shiro couldn't just use the wall-walking technique to walk up the wall! Not after the incident... people were very hesitant to let him go to the top of the wall during the day now. So instead he manually climbed the rocky sand structure from the outside and in a place a fair distance away from the gates. This way no one would see him (in theory), and no one would be able to sense him using climbing technique (clearly he'd not paid attention to the academy class where they taught students that chakra signatures can be sensed unless suppressed. He had been suppressing his sleepiness). And thus he could just slowly climb up to the top while picking herbs on his way and putting them away in a small bag he carried open on his back.

So as miss Kara and mister Kai opened up their wine bottle, a hand showed up. A sudden intrusion on the horizon, suddenly coming off the edge of the wall. Slowly but steadily, Shiro would raise himself from the side over the edge to the top of the wall, rolling over a couple of times and laying there, back to the rock and face to the sky. His face was dirty, and he had dust all over himself. His cheeks were a bit sweaty but the only thing he managed to do when he scrubbed his right sleeve against them was to put more dirt on his face.

Clearly not noticing the two people about 3 meters away from him, he spoke loud and clear. "What the hell did people do before chakra? Train monkeys to carry them to the top of their walls? Jeeesus By the Sage that was tiring!"

Only then would he turn his head to the side and notice the two people there. "Oh shit, they're onto me already!" was his first thought as he quickly got up and ready to run. But at this point he would suddenly stop himself. He noticed a familiar face pair of glasses!

"Oh hey look it's Kai!" he was legitimately happy to see him. Kai was a man of few words, but none of his words had ever been "GET THE FUCK DOWN FROM THERE YOU TWAT!". So he definitely had points for that.

Shiro would look in the direction of the sunset and then back at Kai and Kara. It seemed the cool kids club had yet another member whose name started with a K. Seriously, did his parents not get the memo or something? Either way, KShiro became aware of what the two of them were doing there. And, as it it had to be with him, made a completely oblivious comment.

"Oh hey, you finally realized what sunglasses are actually for, Kai! Awesome dude, I'm so proud!" He would make a thumbs up with his right hand. One might think Shiro was mocking Kai, but he was not. Shiro was simply so optimistic that when he saw Kai using the sunglasses to actually watch a sunset, he jumped the gun and assumed this was a super important achievement for Kai, and became genuinely happy for him.

Like is befitting of the gentleman caveman that he was, after acknowledging his friend's presence his attention focused on the lady all the food they had and how beautiful she was he was god damn starving. "Oh you have food! I'm so hungry from the climb. You're the best, mate."

He would approach the two of them and the food carefully laid out on the ground, but not before taking off the open bag on his back and dropping it next to Kara with some of the medicinal plants falling partially off. He would shamelessly sit down in between the two of them and grab one of those pieces of food with a name that starts with K (COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT), take a bit and start munching, while his gaze went from Kai to Kara, back to Kai, then to Kara again, and then back to Kai.

And at this point, it clicked! He swallowed up the food he had in his mouth quite rapidly and with difficulty , and with a shortness of breath he spoke while widening his eyes. "OH! You're on a daaaaaaaate! I get it now! Good for you Kai, she's very pretty! You never cease to amaze me man!" he would pat Kai's arm a couple of times while smiling.

Seriously if you've read thus far and you're still surprised this was Shiro's reaction after "clicking", you're in for a treat because then he would turn to Kara. "You took a really good one miss, let me tell you! I once accompanied this man in a fight against an entire den of bandits, at night!. Now I couldn't see much because the place was poorly illuminated in the middle of the desert, but this brave soul took them on, with sunglasses on! I'm telling you, they don't make them any braver than him. I'm Shiro by the way..." Poor Shiro thought he was helping Kai. And truth to be told, he wasn't lying at all. There was honesty to this story.

"Oh, but are you alright? You seem a bit pale..." He'd already done fucked up with Kai, but Shiro wouldn't be Shiro if he didn't somehow accidentally fuck up with everyone he could find at any given time and place.  He would reach for the bag he had been carrying and offer it up to Kara. "Here miss, you can have these. They're really good for you if you boil them and drink the tea. I  have been picking them during the entire afternoon so they're fresh, and they'll have you up to shape in no time, you'll see!"

Shiro was optimistic to a point that made him seem stupid [s]all the time[/s] at times. But he was also gentle and kind hearted. He had never been outside the Land of Wind, and due to its recent history Sunagakure didn't receive many foreign visitors. So he had never seen someone with such a light skin tone. But he did know people could get super pale if they were sick! And there was no way in hell he would let Kai's girlfriend be sick if it depended on him! He could always get more herbs tomorrow, perhaps on the other side of the walls

Techniques used:

Wingman Cockblock no jutsu
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:44 am

Kara gracefully took the now opened bottle back from Kai, poured herself a drink and smirked as she shared in a toast, downing her drink with ease. “To new friends and drinking partners.” She would laugh and refill her drink with her left hand while picking out another vegetable from the box with her right. She chewed happily, enjoying the vegetables and the spreading warmth that came from drinking sake. As Kai asked about her profession she would perk up some, she did enjoy explaining what she did. “I’m a surgeon mainly, an especially good one. I also am a chemistry prodigy, been mixing compounds, medicines and poisons since I was quite young. There was one occais-” Her words would be cut short as a young man pulled himself up on to the wall and rolled over to catch his breath. She would raise an eyebrow and watch with amusement as the dusty shinobi proceeded to place himself squarely between herself and Kai while talking. A lot.

Overall she found the boy quite funny, in an awkward but good hearted kind of way. The comment about Kai’s sunglasses brought an audible chuckle from Kara seeing as she’d made a remarkably similar joke upon first meeting him. After allowing the young man to talk for a bit and help himself to the food laid out she down her second drink and pour a third, thinking that she would probably need several more in order to endure the excited talking. She was currently far too relaxed to properly manage this level of emotion. She would listen politely while drinking to the young man’s story about Kai on a . . . mission? Probably? Giving a ‘hm’ or ‘ah’ as was appropriate. When she felt that he had finished speaking for long enough that she could get a word in she would look over at the intruder with a somewhat serious expression. “I’m afraid you have me at a disadvantage currently. You seem to know both of us, but I’ve yet to hear your name and I think it’s only fair that you divulge at least that much information. Especially considering the personal nature of the conversation now due to your input.”

She was not overly serious, other than mild curiosity she didn’t need the boy’s name. But with a tiny amount of sadism she did enjoy making those she talked to sweat a bit. She would give him the opportunity to answer before smiling cheerfully and casting her gaze over to the bag of herbs he had unceremoniously plopped onto the wall. She could appreciate his interest in herbology and based on his comment about the pallor of her skin he at least understood what these ones were for. She would laugh heartily as he asked whether she was unwell, the irony of the statement she suspected was also not lost on Kai who she shot a humorous and knowing glance to. “No my dear, I have no need of tea, I am quite healthy. I just take great care to protect my skin from damage.” Her eyes would darken as she pulled Kai’s coat closer around her shoulders, subconsciously hiding the only damage she had ever received. “While the sun is a life giving star it is among the worst of destructors.” She would release her grip on the green coat and gesture broadly towards the sand. “As you can see, it kills more than it doesn’t, at least here.”

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:12 am

Kai would listen intently to the answer after their toast, interested in the type of work she did when partially through it a strange thing occurred. Shiro, another genin he'd been on a mission with, had climbed up the wall and was in the middle of their little world. He was complaining about the climb, which any shinobi worth their salt would've simply used the surface walking exercise to walk up the side like a normal shinobi. Before he turned toward him and exclaimed his identity as if everyone there didn't already know what in the world it was. Then he'd begin to comment about how he'd finally figured out what sunglasses were for, causing Kai to blink behind his sunglasses before sighing deeply and removing them momentarily. "I don't wear them to protect my eyes from the light Shiro, I wear them because people tend to notice my eyes and comment on them, and I'm not the most sociable of individuals." He would say, blinking his orbs of green. The shade was the intriguing part however, for they were as bright and vibrant as fresh grass, easily catching the eye of any who might look toward him. Without a word he would return his sunglasses to his features.

Then he would comment on the food after sitting himself between them. Proceeding to reach toward his box of food. Without a word Kai would reach out and cover his box with his hands, making sure not to do something stupid like stick his hand in it or something. "Ah Ah, Shiro, ask first." He would say simply, intending to teach the talkative genin manners before they just straight up take someone's food. "Taking something from someone without asking is rude, ask first and if they aren't comfortable with you taking whatever it is, accept the answer and move on, or be willing to fight for it." He'd continue as he waited for Shiro to ask for some food. If he did Kai would share, he wasn't the type to hoard anything he might have unless he needed it for something.

Kara would seem to be taking things in stride but the next few shots of sake would prove that she was intending to deal with the newcomer via obliterating all sense of 'giving a fuck'. She would proceed to state that while he knew her name she did not know his. This made Kai fairly confused, and wonder just how drunk she might be, since he never stated her name at any point during his ADD enhanced spiel. Was the alcohol getting to her already? Shiro's comment about something called a date and her being very pretty would cause him to pause momentarily as he blinked in confusion. "While I agree she's extremely pretty, I have to ask. What in the world is a date?" He would ask, he didn't know what in the world it was and he found it was always  better to just ask than to assume.

His question to her seeming unwell would cause him to blink in confusion again. She didn't seem a 'sickly' pale but more of a 'fresh cream' kind of pale. It was quite fetching and he'd been impressed that she'd managed to keep the skin tone after moving to the desert for any length of time. Instinctively she would pull his coat tighter around her. Her eyes would dark and a mild look of concern would cross his features.

At this point, just because he needed to start getting drunk enough to deal with Shiro when there wasn't a copious supply of bandits around to take his annoyed rage out on. So he poured himself a shot and knocked it back, before pouring another immediately after and knocking that back as well.

Stats:

Shiro Suzuki
    Shiro Suzuki

Post by Shiro Suzuki Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm

If only Shiro had been as wise as Kai to ask instead of assuming whatever it was that happened around him. But Shiro didn't possess that kind of wisdom, not at all. His hand would touch Kai's as the young Suna genin tried to reach for the food, and as the two touched he would look awkwardly at the sun glassed Genin. It wasn't Shiro's hand that he was supposed to 'accidentally' grab! Damn Kai, you're making all the wrong moves today. Luckily, your best mate Shiro is here to help you out.

Of course he completely ignored Kai's words regarding the "Ask first, do after" situation. Not because he wanted to actively ignore Kai, but because at this point Shiro was lost in thought trying to come up with something to make Kai's mis-move less suspicious. And the solution he came up with was to energetically shake Kai's hand as if that had been their intention all along. Meanwhile, as his right hand was busy occupying Kai with a handshake, Shiro would reach for a kobosomething on Kara's side and away from Kai's reach, and proceed to do exactly as previously described.

He would then listen to what Kara had to say, tho. While it was clear she had a taste for making people sweat a little with sharp words and tension filled conversations, she would have absolutely zero success in making the young Shiro worry, or sweat. First of all because he had already sweated enough on his climb up here, and secondly because he was simply far too oblivious to realize that she was trying to do. "I've told you miss, I'm Shiro. Shiiiro, with an S! Double the S's if you count my surname Suzuki. It's your name I don't know. Are you sure you're well? You don't seem to be paying a lot of attention to what people tell you, are you?" He would say as he proceeded to once again ignore the kind advice Kai gave him and take another K-food from Kara's side, away from Kai's reach. "I must insist you take the herbs." Whether she took them or not was irrelevant, as in his mind Shiro had already parted with the bag and it would simply remain here on top of the wall unless someone took it.

He would then turn his head towards Kai as he put his sunglasses back on. The young Genin would catch a glimpse of his eyes, but he didn't comment on them. Obviously not because of any sort of social barrier or regard for Kai's feelings, but rather because he mouth was full at that point and he needed to swallow the food before going on. "You don't know what a date is?!" he would ask the man, eyes widening for a second before he realized the harsh truth.

"Well to be honest I don't know much about it either. I just know I used to get kicked out of the house a lot whenever ma and pa wanted to have a date. I think that's why they encouraged me to get my own apartment, but I lose the keys so often...Oh well. I'm so glad you're not in a house tho, otherwise I'd probably have to leave."

He'd shift his gaze towards the woman. "Oh miss, the desert isn't dead at all! It's just...fickle, is everything. Look here." he would point his right index finger towards a small sand dune on top of the wall- they usually formed there after the frequent sandstorms and were blown off soon after but the weather had been nice since the last sandstorm and the wind hand't been blowing hard enough to completely wipe out the sand from there. There was a suspicious movement under the dune and Shiro knew immediately what it was. He had been stung by these creatures at least 16 times in the past, and developed a knack for detecting them as a result. A chakra string shot off his finger and into the sand, and as he pulled it, a scorpion came out. Stuck to the string, Shiro would dangle the creature in front of him for a few seconds so that Kara could see it.

The scorpion was bright red, and the sun reflected off its limbs while it helplessly struggled to get off the string. "See? Very much alive! They can be little pricks tho, climbing up your clothes and stinging you for no apparent reason. But they're easy to avoid as long as you're careful." and as he said this, he flicked his finger and sent the scorpion flying off the the top of the wall. He knew the creatures were light enough that the wind resistance would soften their fall, and tough enough to survive worse falls than this.

"AH!" a baffled scream would be heard from the lower levels of the wall as the creature landed on a poor lad's head and stung him in the neck. His patrol colleague carried antidotes for this type of situation tho, so he would be fine.

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:41 am

Kara was surprised at Kai’s answer to Shiro’s bluntness. His eyes were a striking shade of green and she almost questioned his choice to hide them until she realized the irony as she was currently wearing an impractical scarf to hide something of her own. If they ever got a moment alone from the exuberant Shiro she made a mental note to ask Kai about their origin. Studying the various bloodlines of the shinobi was something she was most interested in as the apparent genetic variants were vast and doing some research would definitely aid her in her career as a physician. She would have to consider how best to approach the subject, she doubted that most people she met would be terribly excited about being studied.

As Shiro explained that he was, in fact, Shiro she would squint her eyes just a bit as though trying to remember something. Apparently she had missed his previous introduction of himself, which given the circumstances was not surprising, there was quite a lot of talking and hardly the time to answer. With a smile and a shrug she dismissed the child's rudeness and  introduced herself. “I am Karasu Doku, though you may call me Kara. As for the herbs, the gift is appreciated. I suppose I could use them in my laboratory, though that will be one more thing my kind tour guide will have to carry for me.” She chuckled as she spoke, she had no intention of treating Kai like chattel, the bag didn’t look especially heavy but the thought struck her as funny regardless.

As the two shinobi sat and discussed the concept of a date Kara snickered at the ridiculousness of it all. The fact that the younger boy wasn’t sure was not at all surprising, romantic concepts were probably a bit beyond his apparent age which she guessed to be mid teens; but Kai not knowing was quite strange to her. Never having been on one, sure that was believable, but not knowing what a date was? That struck her as being somewhat suspicious - had he grown up under a rock? Even she knew what it was even though her interests up until recently had not included more romantic pursuits. “Curious that neither of you seem to be aware of what a date is.” She briefly considered explaining it to them, but then would shrug slightly and laugh, not convinced that it would help the situation.

As Shiro plucked a scorpion out of the sand and held it up her eyes would narrow. She had never been stung by one though she had seen the effects of them and was not keen on experiencing it herself. She inwardly groaned at the thought of having to deal with a scorpion sting and was relieved when the boy tossed the creature over the wall. Much to her dismay she heard a yell from below as clearly the scorpion was agitated enough to sting someone on their trip back to the sand. With a sigh Kara would rise from her sitting position and move to look over the wall at the unfortunate victim of a flying scorpion and breathed a sigh of relief as she watched another young shinobi administering an antidote, she assumed, to themselves. “You have an interesting way of making a point Shiro my dear. I do hope I never fall victim to one of your tales.” She smiled as she spoke, but there was an edge of seriousness in her tone. She was constantly surprised and concerned with how carelessly the shinobi seemed to treat themselves and each other.

Mistress Kara:
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:37 am

Shiro would continue to act as a rude child, and Kai would continue to be annoyed before deciding that perhaps at this point it might be for the best to act as if he was 'on duty'. Dealing with Shiro almost fucking required him to be paid for the trouble at any rate. Of course, since there were no more whole kabobs on either side, since Kai had taken them apart bit by bit to separate the meats and vegetables for Kara's sake, Shiro would attempt to thrust his hand into her pile of food. This was not particularly an acceptable end point given that he had just gotten done climbing up a vertical wall in the stupidest manner possible for a shinobi, and was sweaty and his hands would undoubtedly be quite filthy. So Kai would reach for the boys other shoulder, which was very much in Kai's range and pull him back. "I told you to ask politely first." He would say, his tone flat and monotonous as he fell into what would best be described as his 'mission persona' It was the suppression of his emotions. An act that Kai felt more shinobi should utilize.

The last time Shiro had heard this tone, Kai had proceed to kill bandits with a vicious lightning jutsu that he arced across their body cruelly before taking their weapons an attacking more. It would hopefully register to the boy that the taller genin was not kidding with the young boy. Granted Kai wouldn't hurt him, much. But he might just drag him to the training ground for some 'extensive ninjutsu practice' where he needed a 'live target'.  

"I don't mind carrying the herbs." He would say in reference to what Kara had said about him having to carry something else for her. He wouldn't mind such a thing, it was polite, something that Shiro was not being at the moment. "I'm not from here, but overseas, from lands far away and while language is more or less the same, some words aren't. Or I've found, are combined into meanings of other terms there while they are separated needlessly here. Tell me what a 'date' is, and I'll probably have a  different word or phrase for it while containing the same meaning." He would say simply as he continued to hold Shiro back until the boy asked politely for some food. At which point, Kai would give him his.

Stats:

Shiro Suzuki
    Shiro Suzuki

Post by Shiro Suzuki Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Kai could attempt to prevent Shiro from eating all he wanted. It wasn't going to work! As he tried to reach for Shiro's shoulder, the boy instinctively adjusted his position so that Kai's hand would only reach for thin air. Shiro didn't even think about what he was doing, but after doing missions and killing bandits with Kai and Kensai he had learned a few tricks. And the truth was that Shiro was both more perceptive and more coordinated than Kai so his eyes could easily pick up on the man's moves and his level of hand speed probably allowed him to swallow several bites before he couldn be touched. Shiro was a goofy, at times annoying and mostly careless boy. But he was not defenceless and anyone who engaged him convinced otherwise would have a bad time. In the end, Shiro was a ninja and ninjas were trained to kill. Wheeether he took that training seriously or not was a whole different story but he did graduate from the academy so he must've learned something!

Alas, they were all having some good fun here and hopefully no one would try to ruin that with violence. Especially considering there was a civilian here and they were at the top of the wall.

Shiro felt atiny little bit bad about not being entirely sure of what a date was or how it actually worked. He knew it involved two people and in his experience they mostly occurred indoors. But there seemed to be so much more to it, considering Kara was laughing. That laughter stung a bit, perhaps more than a scorpion's sting. But Shiro simply shrugged it off and yawned- he'd just look into it whenever he got the time. Sometimes getting all the answers from people prevented him from th enjoying the fun of the discovery process. Clearly Kara was thinking Shiro would enjoy discovering more about "dates" by himself than by whatever it was she could tell him.

"Do be careful with the view, miss Kara. Sometimes the winds do throw people off the wall." By "sometimes" he meant "once", and by "people" he actually meant Shiro. But he had learned his lesson and was willing to share it! He would roll over to the edge of the wall as well, positioning himself so that only his head was beyond the edge. "Well I don't have many more tales to tell, so you probably don't need to worry. I've always been in Sunagakure! But I'm sure Kai could tell us something about his homeland. My stories are booooring." With his back turned to the sky and his head looking down, Shiro would spot his victim on the ground.

"Oh look, another guard asleep on the job! See this is why guard duty is the best!...and also probably why my stories are boring. "
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:02 am

Heeding Shiro’s warning Kara would make her way back to her previous seat and push the box of vegetables towards Shiro, grabbing one last pepper before relinquishing her meal to the child. “Eat what you like, it doesn’t bother me at all. After that climb you must be hungry.” She would chew her last pepper and finish her drink and then, with a thoughtful look on her face, answer Kai’s question. “What is a date? That’s an interesting question, I don’t think that the concept is any type of colloquialism however I will give you the explanation that I learned in my studies, I suspect it is the most clear that I can be on the subject. A date is two people getting together for an activity when the possibility of romance between them has been broached but not ruled out. Since the exploration of romance is the purpose of a date, merely asking someone out on a date is sufficient to broach the subject.” She would pour herself another drink before continuing, sipping on it idly. “The word "date" may be used to identify a get together between two people not romantically involved, but this usage is meant to convey irony, since such a meeting is not a date in the true sense of the word.” Finishing her. . . fourth? fifth? drink she would smile at both of them kindly. “Perhaps that clears that up? Though asking a doctor about the nuances of interpersonal relationships is likely more confusing than anything.”

Kara would laugh in amusement at Shiro’s exclamation about guard duty being the best. “I’m sure not all of your stories are boring Shiro, I’ve never personally been on guard duty; unless you count being guarded all the time.” She would giggle knowing full well that neither of them would understand the joke, but she had drunk enough sake that that type of logic was slowly failing her.  

(110 exp)

Mistress Kara:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm