Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

The third interview - Head of Security

Okane
    Okane

The third interview - Head of Security Empty The third interview - Head of Security

Post by Okane Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:18 am

Okane stood in his newly constructed high rise. The main structure had been built now and windows had been placed in this floor at least. Much of the dry wall and electrical was still being installed as well as paint but this would do for now. The top floor. His personal residence with a balcony circling the entire space. Windows in every direction overlooking the entire village and air conditioning. Sweet air conditioning. Grey and white walls were the decoration with plenty of space for a kitchen an dining room. White stairs with silver railing went up to a bedroom with its own bathroom and a second bathroom with a walk in shower was downstairs. A fireplace was installed though electrical in nature and mostly decorative. Some nights could grow cold in the desert but not many. His office however had been placed on the side of the building overlooking the gates. It was as if he wished to see any who would come into his domain. And that was largely the point. For now a large redwood desk had been placed there with two chairs on the side facing the windows so the two chairs could be facing the door coming in. One chair sat on that side of the desk. One chair for those who might bring fruit to Okane's dreams. The two chairs were of red leather design and comfortable in appearance. Nothing different between them and evenly spaced out. The chair across from them was also comfortable but a plain black leather. The chair of a guest.

Okane himself was facing the window. A single file in his hand in a blue folder. Blue for security. It was marked with Azuma's name on it. Only matters that he could legally obtain of course but generally information he wished to know. He had of course sent an invitation to Doku and asked her to schedule an appointment with the man. After all she was his connection here. They had some formal arrangement of their own but Okane had certainly met the man before. Before even she did for that matter. Still he wasn't interested in competing against her for a contract killer. Body guard or village shinobi they boiled down to one simple thing. The man had blood on his hands. Okane could sense it the first time they met. He was prepared now to make the mans weapon as promised but before he did he would certainly like to have him employed for the company first. Idle fingers tapped on the side of the folder as he looked over the sand swept villages and the two rivers through it his company had already managed. So to speak. They said before the heavenly dome was the only place to find greenery in Suna but that was no longer the case. He smiled as he spotted both green houses and shifted the folder behind his back to hold it there with one hand while the other clasped it by the wrist.

Today Okane was wearing a grey suit with silver cuff links and a white shirt. A power blue tie was buttoned to it by a silver pin in the shape of his companies symbol. A stag head. A guardian of a forest. His hair was slicked back and an onyx circlet with two horns protruding up would decorate his hairline. Shined snake skin boots would decorate his feet as he breathed in the warm air. Even with the air conditioning kicked on it was a comfortable temperature in here. He would need to ask for automated blinds. To keep some of the sun out. He would only turn his head slightly if Doku entered to give her a nod and hold the file out for her.

"I do so look forward to today's interview. I have met your man before and he is certainly a potent one."

Kara
    Kara

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: More than I need, less than I'd like

The third interview - Head of Security Empty Re: The third interview - Head of Security

Post by Kara Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:02 am

Kara was not used to the formal type of vetting that Okane had requested, while she had attended many of her parents business meetings she had not been responsible even in part for running them. This one at least would be relatively painless; she’d already met and spoken at length to Azuma so she knew what to expect from him. Upon receiving the request from her business partner she had sent a letter to Azuma about the upcoming meeting she had scheduled. What she had not done was ensure that Azuma would be available, she assumed that if he wanted the job he would attend, and that if he didn’t want it that he wouldn’t make it there. She had been clear about the time and place and figured that he’d most likely show up.

She chose her clothing with the meeting in mind that morning. She wanted something that spoke of her style but would also exude an air of professionalism. A sleek black gown with small white gold and blue sapphire detailing near her left shoulder and a white gold and sapphire hair pin to match. Her look could easily be described as gothic, but the clean lines of the gown told a more modern story. As per usual she would pick out a pair of heeled shoes, they would be barely visible beneath the hem of her skirt however they greatly added to the overall look. She would take with her a blue silk parasol and her cigarette accoutrement. Kara was not overly fond of having to walk to the building, though in due time she would have an apartment set up there so it was a minor and temporary inconvenience.

As she made her way through the building she appreciated the sharp clack noise that her heels made in the not yet fully furnished construction. It was much preferable to the soft thud of her shoes on the sandy streets of the village. Making her way into the room with Okane she was pleased by the decoration; it was a bit simpler than she was fond of but it was still nice enough. As Okane held out a folder for her to look at she would take it in hand and walk over to one of the red leather chairs she saw and lean her parasol against it. “Potent is a good word for him. He is certainly well within what I would consider acceptable.” She would place the folder on the desk fixing a smile on her face and commenting in a sardonic tone of voice. “Good morning to you as well Okane dear. I trust you’re enjoying your new home?”

Mistress Kara:
    Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: A
    Ryo: A bit

The third interview - Head of Security Empty Re: The third interview - Head of Security

Post by Azuma Asakaze Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:37 am

Some time before now, Azuma was delivered a message from Kara--a request for him to attend a meeting, taking place in a fancy, new--so new it wasn't even finished yet high rise in Sunagakure. Surely whomever had funded such a place had to have some business sense. Azuma was more a 'working class' type, doing Missions to pay bills, not rich, but not poor...usually. He hadn't sent anything back, he was not one to simply skip out on something, if he was requested--he'd usually be there, and figured he was expected. So he went...

The man approached the new construction, a moment to stop and glance up at it, mismatched hues taking in its size and style with almost disinterest, but still. The man continued on, moving to enter the building. He would make his way through the building, the man's black shinobi boots very quiet on the floor as he gracefully stepped. He was in what could be described as his casual outfit, sans one difference. His Yukata, usually white with black trimming, was basically inversed--black, with white around the collar and lining. It of course was opened, just enough to show his necklace on his chest. Otherwise, black pants, typical bandaging around the shins and torso, and of course still having a bandage over where Kara had stitched him up some nights ago, but this was well hidden under his outfit.

He made his way to the top floor, where he'd been instructed to go, using his Sensory Jutsu as he approached the top to get a read on how many was up there. Two very small blips of chakra, one he easily recognized as Kara from when he'd used this jutsu before, the other he wasn't sure of, even if in reality he'd met Okane before--he never used the sensor jutsu around him. He'd come to the top floor and be greeted with a...mostly finished penthouse suite, clearly the home of whomever owned the building.

Upon entering the room Azuma's eyes fell on Kara first, giving her a nod and a quick but clear "Kara-san" with the nod as a greeting. His mismatched orbs then shifted to the next seat, spotting Okane. "Ah...Okane-san. Looks like you've really moved up from the basement of your home it seems." he'd say with a slight smirk to the light joke thrown in Okane's direction. He'd then look back to Kara. "You wanted me to attend a meeting? Was sort of a vague message." he'd go on to say to Kara, stepping in closer to stand somewhat near them--somewhere behind the 'guest' chair.

Post by Okane Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 am

Okane would smile to Kara's jest at him. He was a little nervous he supposed. After all a man like this was capable of wiping out the entire building. Perhaps his social skills had slipped a little at the thought. A part of him wished Kensai was there. However he hadn't invited the man for a reason. This meeting was for all purposes to remain comfortable and polite. If Kensai were to find something disagreeable swords might be drawn and then they would have twice the issue of keeping the building intact. Not to mention surviving it. Of course he would turn his jade eyes to look into hers. She was indeed more intelligent then him for now but there was no denying his own cleverness. When one looked into those eyes it was like watching the inner workings of a clock. So many things working at once as he considered so many steps ahead. Already he was one of the more successful business men in the country and still it was clear this was only the beginning. Still his voice was soft as he replied. A melody of words.

"My Apologies Doku-San. A lot has been on my mind. Good morning to you as well and such a lovely choice in jewelry. I am actually rather enjoying my new home. The view is nice and hardly any sand gets up here. I do hope you enjoy decorating yours as well. You should be able to start your decorations virtually whenever. As will he if he accepts our offer."

He was clearly trying an honorific foreign to him. He wanted to say doctor but had restrained himself clearly. Instead addressing her as an equal. He would nod his head to her in greeting all the same. Too focused on business before to truly be hospitable. Her here was a decent reminder to him to calm himself. Of course that did him little good. That familiar feeling reached out and raised the hairs on the back of his neck the moment Azuma hit the floor. Like an unleashed energy had filled the air. A pressure that seemed to pass through him and know him. He would take a deep breath before turning to see the man enter. Interestingly he addressed his partner first. An amused smile and a glance to Kara with a slightly raised brow was the only bit that betrayed him from his formal stance. He wasn't insulted of course. Just interested in just what kind of history the two shared. Still the memory the two men shared was brought up as well. Okane would chuckle and return a statement of his own.

"Oh well hello again Azuma-san. Yes, I have in fact gained more ground towards the skies. Don't think though I have forgotten your challenge. My own experiments were a success. I can assure you the next item I make for you will treat your current gear as little more than paper. For now how about we all take a seat and let Kara explain further."

He would shift forward to sit in his own chair first. A sort of honor he felt was his since this was his office and company after all. Kara held status within it but ultimately he was CEO. He would hope Kara would sit next and then Azuma. After all that was the proper order. He wanted this to be Mostly Kara's interview with the man though. He was already her man after all so it should go smoothly for the head of security position more so if it was someone he was more familiar with. Not to mention he could observe how she negotiated from an outside perspective. A mischievous smile playing on his lips. His hands folded in his lap while one knee rested crossed over the other.

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Kara
    Kara

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu

Post by Kara Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Kara would smile amiably at Okane’s greeting, it wouldn’t do for her to admonish his lack of politeness and then not reward the behaviour she expected. She would idly run her finger along the back of the red leather chair she stood next to, enjoying the texture of it beneath her fingers. “No apology necessary Tomi-san, business must be attended to after all. And thank you, I have recently considered creating my own line of specialty accessories and I would most likely base my designs off of this sort of thing so I’m glad to see you like it. As for decorating my apartment, I suspect I have a deeper love of embellishments than you do. I appreciate your sense of style but personally I prefer a bit more texture and sparkle.”

As Azuma entered the space she would nod in reply, gracing her friend with a smile. She was pleased to see how well he had dressed for the occasion. By her standards it was still informal, but he had clearly made an effort and looked the part of a ‘potent’ shinobi. The greeting that Okane offered was far more verbose and formal and as soon as she saw him sit she would follow suit, perching herself on the red leather seat with her back just an inch or so away from the actual back of the chair. She was minorly irritated at Okane’s assumption, though she would not let it show, they had not spoken about this part of the process in any sort of detail and she could only assume that this was some sort of power play on his part. She'd dealt with worse with less preparation however and this was not the sort of thing that she couldn’t handle.

Taking her tin of cigarettes out from the pocket of her dress she would nonchalantly place a cigarette in her silver and ebony holder and light it with her gold engraved lighter. Inhaling lightly she would breathe out away from the two sitting at the desk with her before speaking. “Azuma, we’ve asked you here today as we have an opening in the security division of the Stag Emporium. I am of course making the assumption that you are interested and I would like to know two things; What you expect from us, and what you offer in exchange for said expectations.”

Mistress Kara:
    Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:32 am

The Desert Rogue was first given a nod and even smile in greetings from Kara--before a response would come from Okane--the CEO addressing Azuma with a greeting and response to his 'rise' to glory, marked by his fancy new digs. Okane was also quick to bring up the 'challenge' Azuma had unknowingly set for him, having last time saying his Ryo may be better spent elsewhere if the weapon Okane crafted couldn't make butter out of his current Naginata. Honestly not too hard of a task, but surely not an easy one too, and not even the maximum scope of what Okane could do. This made Azuma smirk just a little, the thought of a weapon much better then his current roster would make him want it more. But, he couldn't afford such a thing...yet.

But for now that would have to wait, his attention was drawn back to Kara for only a moment as he caught the movements she made out the corner of his eye while focused on Okane. She simply was pulling out a cigarette, and lighting it, before addressing Azuma about the reason he was requested to be here. Azuma himself didn't smoke, but he had nothing against it. Azuma listened to what Karasu had to say, her briefly explaining why he was there. They seemed interested in having him join their security team? He tilted his head to the side if only by a couple degree, barely even noticeable if not directly watching him when he did it.

It was the last bit, maybe a bit of an unexpected way to put it. Shouldn't they be the ones with expectations? Although she did request what he has to offer. She'd gotten a taste for his ability the other night at the Tavern, but that was nothing more then a disagreement--hardly an actual fight. Understandable they wished to know what he could do if given the position. He'd go ahead and step closer to the chair, but instead of sitting, he'd remain standing. "I hope you don't mind if I stand" he'd say towards Okane, who was the one who'd offered the seat to begin with. Azuma wasn't the most formal person, he was a warrior from a farmer village near the border, intelligent? Sure. Polite? Yes. Even speaks fairly formally at times? That's Azuma...but still his warrior side showed, a man of the military for sure as he stood with decent posture, a full 6'2".

He'd turn back to Karasu, as she is who had addressed him, and by all intents and purposes had hired him for his protection skills personally herself, his 'Boss' to say. Although Azuma wasn't the 'follow the leader' type, a natural leader himself. "Well. I'd obviously like to know more information about what the position is and what is being offered...as for what I bring to the table, you seen a tiny bit of what I can do." he'd say in response to what Karasu had said, before a glance back to Okane. "Kara-san has already hired me as a personal bodyguard, so a position here would have me working triple duty when Missions are also considered. So...while I am interested in the job, I can't work for free. Looking around, I get the feeling you're a bit...better off then I am. Surely if its a job there is pay, and maybe other bonuses? If I am allowed to negotiate a bit...You say you can craft weapons that'd make paper of my current equipment, hmm? I assume that doesn't come cheap...but I'm a working class Shinobi, it'd take time to afford something if the price is too high. That all said...I wouldn't mind seeing what such a weapon is like. I already have a taste..."

He'd let a scroll fall with the most subtle of movements from his sleeve, caught in his hand and in a blur to the less perceptive Civilians, the scroll opened, and he had summoned a weapon from within. In a cloud of smoke a large Glaive had appeared, one that should be all to familiar to Okane...the same one he'd been forging when the two men met, that Okane sold to Kai. Azuma had done this in such a smooth movement, it may had been hard to even tell he had used a scroll to summon this weapon. He carefully set the non-bladed end of the Naginata/Glaive against the floor as he held it out in plain view for Okane, off to his side.

"I believe this was what you had been working on when we met, hmm? My new student Kai liked it, but ultimately didn't find it to feel right, weapons in general--not the weapon itself. He gave it to me...its nice, but I get the feeling its not the best you can do." he said. It'd probably come to a surprise Azuma had acquired this weapon to Okane, who'd originally made it for Kai. "...I'd be willing to put a down payment for a new weapon, if that is something we can talk some deal on...If I work for the company, I should have the best gear to do my job, right? Surely I can give up some paychecks to pay it off." he said with some confidence. This was surely not the injured and tired Shinobi Karasu had met the other night, he was confident, more talkative, and overall less gloomy then that...well, overall crappy night. The man was humble, but clearly knew his talents was worth something.

"Feel free to request a demonstration of my skills..." he said. It wasn't a second later the entire blade of the weapon he held lit up with the power of Lightning, Raiton chakra channeled into the blade, sparking it to life with a loud chirping sound, the echo of 1000 birds filling the entire floor with its energy. Azuma simply stood, no smirk, stone faced awaiting a response as the Chidori Katana running through the Naginata died down. Clearly...just a little bit of a show off, but one whom could back it all up.

Post by Okane Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:51 am

Okane would ignore the cigarette for now. He would partake when he was stressed but for now he felt on top of the world. So to speak he was. Not that he held any real power like the people who could wield lightning and fire at will. But he could put those to use with someone helping him. He would smile as Azuma took a stance like a good soldier and she spoke. Of course he was curious about what they would be paying since he was already working in two aspects. However Okane would simply produce a sheet of paper and slide it over to Kara. Not much of a statement was passed but he had already set the payment expectations for the most part for the company. She was his partner so she had access to the company accounts as well as the three hundred thousand bonus he had already given her. Still the paper was fairly straight forward with some detail about a ranking system based on what rank the village perceives someone as. It was a useful system to utilize for placing a value on someone. Still the paper would be shown to her and then if she wished shown or spoken to for Azuma.

Monthly incomes are as follows
    D rank - 10,000
    C rank - 20,000
    B rank - 30,000
    A rank - 40,000
    S rank - 60,000
    X rank - 100,000

In more or less detail. Still the man would produce a weapon Okane was very familiar with. He would sit forward with narrowed eyes. So his work passed between hands so easily did it? He was irritated but the insult was not intended. The younger man just hadn't found weapons in general to his liking. Okane would sigh and lean back once more. The weapon was wielded with ease of course. Still the chirping noise echoed in the room causing Okane to visibly wince. He wasn't familiar with the technique but the power that flooded from it rattled the windows. The heat in the room rose a good twenty degree's for a moment and the light from the technique was far more potent than even the light streaming in from outside. Casting shadows across the room. It was extremely potent. Okane would smile before speaking in return.

"I won't personally require a demonstration. I could feel that. At the moment the position of head of security is available. As for alternative options, If you wish to put down a down payment of fifty thousand I will consider your future income from the company as compensation until the other two hundred thousand is paid off. I will personally make you the greatest sword you have ever held. I guarantee it. As for your position within your village that will be up to you on your free time. We only ask for thirty two hours a week to be present for the company. Whatever agreement you have with our head of research and development here is between you two but I imagine most of her time will be spent here. You will also be provided with room an board here within the company. No rent or need to purchase your own groceries. Lastly you will have stock options to invest into within the company. Entirely up to you if you find that all acceptable. However it is up to Madam Doku here if she wishes to hire you. I own the company but as part of her contract she has rights to approve any new hires and fire as she see's fit. Only I can over rule her and you would be answering directly to her."

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:50 pm

Kara was suitably impressed as Azuma pulled out his weapon and the lightning she had seen from him in the tavern crackled along the weapons edge. This time the electric energy was more intense, she supposed due in part to the difference in volume between the two events. A quick glance in Okane’s direction showed that the well dressed man had clearly never experienced this display before. It made her feel just a bit superior and also a tiny bit vicariously proud of her personal bodyguard. His power was evident and whether or not he was suited to the position of head of security was beyond dispute. Her face would remain calm despite the change in temperature and light, she did consider herself a decent actor and being somewhat prepared for the event only aided her display. Taking another light drag on her cigarette she would smile broadly and wave her other hand in Azuma’s direction; a sign to cease, whether he listened was up to him.

“You are, as ever, an impressive combatant Azuma. And while it would be interesting to see a more thorough display of your skill, I am currently more than satisfied. As Okane has said we require a minimum amount of time from you, I hope that the hours required will fit into your busy schedule. As for any arrangement you have personally with Okane regarding weaponry I leave that to you. If the pay of 30,000 ryo per month is acceptable, I am confident in hiring you on. This is more of a formality than anything seeing as I have already observed your skills. Do you have any further questions before we finish up?”

Mistress Kara:
    Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:54 pm

The young Jounin had let the effect of his jutsu die down fairly quickly after igniting it, as the sound produced would truly make speaking between them very difficult, let alone how annoying it could be. Still, his display must've been enough, as Azuma would listen to them--both expressing there was no need for any further display of his abilities. The man listened to what both Kara and Okane had to say, eyes focused on each one as they spoke to him, first on Okane, then on Kara as she followed up. He was given a fair bit of info in a short time, but took little time to process it and respond, at the same time the man pulling the scroll back out to seal away the weapon.

Azuma turned back towards Okane, and remembering the number of things he was told. "Head of Security sounds like a fine position...and if living accommodations are taken care of, thats all the more reason to not turn this down." he'd say, followed by a poof as he finished sealing away the weapon, storing the scroll once more within his sleeve. He'd turn back towards Kara now. "The pay sounds fine. If you have no issue with hiring me, I'd be fine with my pay going towards the weapon for now...that said." he turned back to face Okane and begun to dig through his Yukata, a moment later he pulled out a Ryo pouch, containing exactly 50,000 Ryo in it, tossing it onto the desk in front of Okane. Luckily 50,000 is what he would carry on him usually. "50 grand, and my pay until its paid off, right? I'm curious to see what you can do for making me a new sword..." he'd say to the craftsman.

Post by Okane Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Okane would listen to the two. His interest waning but he would force himself not to gaze out the window for the time being. It had been his issue before really and why he had partied so much of his adult years away. So easily distracted when he wasn't crafting something. His experiments had proven to be a success after all. So when his current orders were done this man would have a one of a kind sword in his possession. At least for the time being. Another pair of Sai would be getting shipped out just before he started on this weapon but it wouldn't remain in Suna. Perhaps once this sword was done it would create business for the outfit just like its own advertisement. Still Okane would watch as some simple sealing was done. It was a pity to see one of his works simply placed into anothers hands like that. Still sometimes a customer didn't know what they truly wanted. Yet he doubted anyone would readily give up any of his truly talented weapons. Nothing so valuable would easily change hands. Mostly for the sheer fact that a trained hand with an Okane sword would be one of the most formidable things for miles.

His attention was brought back by the thud of cash on his new desk. A bag of ryo unceremoniously tossed there. He would be lucky if there wasn't a mark left under it. Jade eyes slid up to the man and quietly observed him for a moment. Surely it wasn't out of disrespect but it certainly felt that way to have money literally thrown to you. No ceremony really just a here is your money. Take it. Like he was some common shop keep. Okane would keep his thoughts to himself though as he reached out and collected it. Holding the weight in his hands before placing the bag gently in his desk. "This will do fine. Thank you." He said quietly with only a hint of irritation in his voice. Still he would close the drawer and lean back in his chair before waiting quietly for the two of them to shake on it or something. One of the most powerful men in Suna had just joined his team. Three of the most powerful people in Suna now on the payroll. He would smile at the thought. This information alone would stop most would be thieves.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:58 am

Kara was pleased at Azuma’s ready acceptance of the offered position. Considering her previous dealing with him she hadn’t doubted that he would. She was a bit concerned about Azuma’s pay going towards a weapon made by Okane; it meant that the business was not truly profiting from the arrangement but she decided to let it slide and filed the information away for future leverage. Azuma was a grown man and she believed him to be intelligent enough to make his own decisions where money was concerned - if an enforcer of justice for the village didn’t seem concerned about the deal then she’d keep her peace until he spoke up. She would raise an eyebrow and stifle a chuckle as the stoic warrior tossed a bag of coins on to Okane’s desk. It wasn’t the act itself that brought mirth to her eyes but rather Okane’s annoyance at it, he was delightfully amusing when he was irritated, his green eyes seemingly a bit of a darker shade of green. She would bite her tongue however, not wishing to seem unkind or as though she sought to undermine him in any way.

Smoothing out the papers in front of her and placing them in the folder she would rise and extend her left hand towards Azuma in the offer of a handshake. Whether he grasped her hand or not Kara would smile and offer a slight nod as she spoke to the man. “Well then seeing as the terms of your employment are acceptable let me be the first one to welcome you to the team. I predict great things from you and this arrangement and I look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.” She would stay standing as a signal that she viewed the meeting to have come to a satisfactory conclusion, waiting patiently until she was sure both Okane and Azuma had completed their business before wishing them both a good day and taking her leave.

{Exit Thread}

Mistress Kara:
    Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:06 pm

Azuma watched Okane's eyes first fall on the Ryo bag after it gently landed and slid a little on the desk, before the jade orbs would peer slowly up from the bag to Azuma, eyeing him a moment. Azuma remained with the exact expression, basically none, as Okane did this. The man wasn't the formal type after all...Okane should get used to Azuma's way of handling money, last time he had haphazardly placed down the Ryo as he inspected an item, this time he treated it with the same respect--little.

It wasn't to disrespect Okane, quite the opposite in fact, Azuma respected Okane's buisness savvy nature, and who couldn't be impressed with a man who was working out of his basement--posting flyers up in the administration building, too a clearly successful business man with the newest, biggest, shinest tower in Suna. This building was likely able to be spotted from 100km out, easily. So much for a hidden village, but the building was approved. Azuma just was never the type to care so much about money, he wasn't greedy, he worked for what he had and he would treat himself every now and then, such as a weapon purchase, or more recently--taking Ei out on a date with a rather pricey Dinner.

Otherwise he cared not for money, and didn't value it as much as Okane would...hence treating it with a simple toss. Azuma nodded when Okane thanked him, even if laced with annoyance. The Desert Rogue was picking up on it, but he stood without falter, a guard up that exuded he wasn't one to cross. The sharp Jounin trusted Okane about as far as he could throw him--so a fair distance, but not to the ends of the Earth. Not yet. The man would have his attention brought back to Kara, who'd collected her papers and approached, offering her left hand to shake Azuma's hand. The man obliged, a gentle grip of the doctor's soft hand with a single, subtle shake, giving her a bright smile as this happened. "I won't let either of you down, thats my word." he said confidently to her, and Okane too, Azuma giving the man a quick nod of acknowledgment that it was meant for him too. Azuma would step aside to give Kara space to walk by and leave if she desired, the man shifting back towards Okane. Azuma would offer Okane his hand for a shake too, a signal that this was a deal.

"I'll send a letter with information on the weapon I'd like designed--I can tell you now it'll be a Chokuto...I think I favor that weapon most and I already have an amazing Naginata-type weapon from you thanks to Kai-san. I do hope you feel hiring me is worth it, I would feel bad if you felt it a waste. I wish you a good day, Okane-sama." he said as he offered his hand to shake, or, was already shaking Okane's hand with a much more firm grip then he had used when shaking Kara's delicate hand. With this Azuma would step back and nod, turning about to head for the door. Seeing as Karasu had waited to see if the business deal had been finished before taking her leave, Azuma would basically hold the door for her and follow her out. He'd only have one thing to say to her before he went on his own way. "Madam Doku, Hmm?" he teased the woman with a cheeky grin. He didn't take the normal way out...the first chance he saw to go out a window--the man was gone, leaping from rooftop to rooftop with grace and speed.

--Exit Post

Post by Okane Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Okane would nod at the mention of specifics on his designs being sent to Okane. "Of course. The weapon will be lighter than you are used to but I am sure you will find it beyond your wildest dreams. Do be sure to send your house symbol along with it. I will make my own mark on it of course but this is a weapon to be passed down for generations. It should have your crest on it. "  He would shake the mans hand and hold off on wincing as his own delicate fingers were squeezed a little harshly. He would nod his head as the two of them made their leave. Having risen from his seat when they did. He would wait until both of them had exited his floor before he let out a breath. Being around that much raw power was nerve racking. Truly he knew little of combat prowess. Still the deal worked out rather well for Okane. A new head of security already infatuated with his business partner. How very interesting indeed. Useful as well. So long as he harbored feelings for her then loyalty wasn't something Okane had to question. So long as she was loyal to him after all. He had his own samurai on hand as well. Kensai...the two of them there would be...well...wonderful.

Okane would quietly move to the side of the room and pour himself a drink from a golden liquid in a crystal jar. Just a small amount of the liquid but a celebratory toast to himself all the same. He would set it down long enough to pull a cigar out of a small wooden lock box and clip both ends of it. Lighting it with a match before taking it and the drink out to the balcony. He would lean on the railing and take a puff before swallowing it down with a sip. So this was his empire for now. Sand for as far as the eye could see. But he stood above it all and that was what mattered. His works would help the village of course but he did stand to gain a great deal himself. He was a business man after all. Best of all he had someone competent to run the company and three sentinels already on the payroll. Three potent people that would cause most people to hesitate on any terrorism. He would smile as his jade eyes glinted in the fading sunlight. The heat no longer bothering him this high up.

"Knight to E-4." He would say playfully as if he was playing a game of chess.

Exit thread

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am