Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Bones of Frost and Golden Hues--Starting a new Chapter

Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Village : Kirigakure

Bones of Frost and Golden Hues--Starting a new Chapter Empty Bones of Frost and Golden Hues--Starting a new Chapter

Post by Haruko Kaguya Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Haruko had spent the past day or so gathering her things...although the sad truth was, it wasn't much. The Kaguya girl wasn't one for material possessions. She had little in ways of decorating her home within the Kaguya district, most of her belongings was just clothes, a couple small knick·knacks...and a single small picture frame. Behind dusty glass was a single photo of four people--Haruko among them...her old team. She had laid it face down in a box, hardly able to even look at it.

Now the young Kaguya-Yuki stepped through the living quarters of the Kaguya district, heading for the main gate. She'd pass by a few fellow Kaguya, but didn't even look at them. She'd long felt alienated by her clan, and now simply gave them the frosty shoulder as she stepped by without any acknowledgement...as she always had since returning. Truth was...she resented them. She'd never say it...she'd never admit it...may even lie to herself about it. But deep down she hated that they never tried to find her...never tried to save her. She hated one of them was too ashamed of their own kin that they'd cast them out, to abandon her...

Her gaze remained low as she walked, iced over, and distant, her making he way to the walls of the district, and out he gates. There was two guards standing at either side of the gate, only casting a glance to the snow haired Genin as she passed through, the two sentries knowing who can come in and out freely. Haruko made her way to a tree within sight of the gate and guards, her in a normal white hoodie, and a black skirt--as she sat down under the tree, sweeping her skirt under her butt to make sure it didn't rest oddly when she sat on the ground among the tree's roots. She'd lean against the trunk of the tree, sighing quietly and shutting her eyes...slowly getting lost in thought while she awaited her sensei, Akersuseirei...

Bones of Frost and Golden Hues--Starting a new Chapter Empty Re: Bones of Frost and Golden Hues--Starting a new Chapter

Post by Bones! Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Even if in her soul she was excited, she was exhausted. Hours spent trying to restore a precious memory that was tied to moments of living in a small cold box with a dozen other kids. The beatings, the rotten food, and the rich men who wanted their entertainment. It was all she could do back then. But he made it bearable. He almost made her look forward to the next day. Around him, she didn't fell anymore feelings of de-

Smoke exhaled from her lungs. Air came in through the paper funnel that was lit on one end, and it flowed through it, into her mouth. It would travel up, and out of the nose. Another inhale through the nose, filling her lungs, and an exhale the same. Inhale with her mouth, the smoke filling her mouth, and out of the nose. The lit cigar burned a fine stack of ash from the end of it as Rei walked through Kirigakure. Her coat hung over each of her shoulders as her arms were at her side, her hands in her pockets. A bright red dress shirt and a loose white tie around her neck. The top two buttons loose and unmet with the loose embroider rings. Inhale. Exhale smoke. She took each step, each one growing slower than the last. She would eventually make her way to the district.

Inhale. Exhale.

Fingers loosely pointed and mouths hidden behind hands as some turned in conversation. They knew who she was. She returned. Almost thirty years since she had last even looked at the gates. It was as she remembered, maybe even worse.

Inhale. Exhale smoke.

"Akeru." One of the guards spoke. The woman smiled, taking the cigar from her mouth and pressing it against her coat as her arm lay under. The flame extinguished. The cigar flicked away to a nearby bin. She looked at her student.

"Didn't expect you to be here." She spoke, her smile faded as her eyes would wander between the man and the girl. The other guard stood silently, speaking not a word, and not bothering to acknowledge either of them.

"You don't belong here." he spoke sternly, almost commanding, but didn't directly tell her to leave.

"I don't really belong anywhere. But I'm here for her." She pointed a finger at Haruko, giving a strange wink and a smile before looking back at the guard. She took a step closer. Even going as far to lay her hand on the man. Her fingers danced upon his chest, walking up to touch his face. Her index dragged along his jawline before he pulled away.

"You should leave." he spoke, looking frustrated.

"I will, after we get her things. I guess you all still can't learn how to raise a kid. Even with the help of the whole village." She took a step towards the gate, beginning to pass through. The guard would take a step to stop her, reaching out, but after a moment, pulled back.

Rei would nod to Haruko, passing into the district.

"Thanks little bro."
    Strength: B || Constitution: D(C)|| Stamina: C || Speed: B ||
    Coordination: B+ || Intelligence: C || Perception: B
    110/110 Chakra

Bones of Frost and Golden Hues--Starting a new Chapter Empty Re: Bones of Frost and Golden Hues--Starting a new Chapter

Post by Haruko Kaguya Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Haruko had been lost in thought, eyes shut, as she waited. But a single word pulled her from the clouds, and her eyes fluttered open. The name of her Sensei, spoken by one of the guards at the gate from a distance. Haruko looked over, and would see Akeruseirei, and blink in slight confusion as the situation slowly unfolded in front of her. Akeru and the guard...they knew each other it seemed. More then Haruko would even realize for now. She'd get to her feet when the guard sternly spoke to her sensei, the girl about to speak up, but not finding her voice--she didn't need to. Akeru was quick to fire back at the man, Akeru turning momentarally to cast Haruko a smile and even wink, the young woman picking up on it.

She'd slowly make her way over to Akeru and the guard at the gate as the two continued their interaction, Haruko watching Rei as she would walk her fingers up the man's chest, very much in his personal space--even caressing the guard's jawline with a single finger before he recoiled back from her, and stated she should leave. Haruko froze for a moment only a couple meters away, worried that this could turn ugly as Akeru stated her reason to be there--while firing shots at the man about their lack of ability to properly raise a child. Haruko's gaze fell for a moment...Akeru was right, the clan had long ago failed her, failed to do what was right for the snow haired Kaguya-Yuki.

But her gaze quickly focused on them again as the older Kaguya woman made a step for the gate, and the guard would first move to stop her, but stop half way through, not getting in the woman's way. Haruko got a nod from Akeru before the woman continued on, and Haruko heard the passing comment. 'Thanks little bro.'...was the guard her brother? It was very possible...Haruko would hesitently follow, eyes meeting with the guard on the way through the gate--him glaring down at her...there was something behind this glare, more then just the interactions here.

But Haruko simply skipped on to catch up to her sensei, coming to walk just off to the woman's right side, Ice colored hues looking up to the older woman. "...W-was he your...?" she'd ask, barely even able to get the thought out, but it was obvious she was asking if that was indeed her brother. Not just related cause of the clan, but actual brother. Haruko seemed confused by the interaction in someways, while also understanding the sentiment that Rei had been cast out, banished by the clan...it was obvious to her now, this was very true.

Post by Bones! Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:35 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    "Kyogima." she would say. "He was my brother. But since I not longer call his parents my own, we are no longer." She spoke, a smile on her face, the slight burnt smell lingering on her coat. She smiled, and held a pep in her step as she walked, aimlessly before letting Haruko take the lead to her place. At most, she expected a mattress, maybe a shelf to be taken out. She was really hoping to leave that behind, it wasn't like she already didn't have those things ready for her.

Only then would her pace lesson, all of the eyes looking in at the woman, only to leave in disgust. Some stared as she walked by, while others went into their homes shutting the doors behind them. They kept their distance from her, and the massive blade on her back. Her smile would fade as she passed a woman, someone as gentle as a single snowflake at the earliest of winter. Someone that fell lightly. Someone that knew her place, and never wen further.

"Oh, Haruko." She spoke, carefully. Delicately. She was one who would bake sweet treats for all to enjoy. The ideal neighbor. "You aren't leaving, aren't you?" because I would miss you dearly. Even if the words weren't spoken, it was like they lingered after.

Inhale. Exhale.

Rei slowed her pace, only to give the girl a light pat on the back. As if nudging her to speak up, not for Rei's sake but her own. "Go ahead. Did she at least treat you well? " She whispered. The girl standing, her ears twitching, but did not look once at the woman behind the girl.
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Haruko Kaguya Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Kyogima...she'd seen the man around the district a number of times, but had never spoken to him directly herself. In the long run, it didn't matter to Haruko...he was just another face among many. Even if related, the clan was at times just a sea of faces...some with names, some she'd likely never know. This one had mostly ignored her existence growing up. Haruko continued on along side Akeruseirei, having to almost jog to keep up to the woman with her longer legs and upped pace. Eventually Haruko took over, leading the way towards her home...the slightly perceptive young woman noticing the looks, points, whispers...those wishing to avoid Akeru. What her sensei had said the other day was no doubt true...the woman was the outcast of the Kaguya. At least she'd found her home with the Hozuki, and wasn't shunned by all...but here--the tense air was enough for even Haruko to pick up on. It seemed the Black Sheep of the Kaguya surely had returned, given the reactions of others.

As they went on, it'd seem one Kaguya in particular wasn't going to avoid them--Haruko's icy hues glancing up ahead to see a woman she'd known growing up, a gentle kind woman who always had offered her sweets as a kid. One of the few to 'welcome' Haruko upon her return last year. The other older Kaguya woman's voice cut through the air, soft, kind--questioning Haruko. The girl hesitated to answer, glancing down to the ground between herself and the other woman. Maybe Akeruseirei was getting a grasp for how Haruko was cause it wasn't a moment later the mixed blood felt a pat on her back--and some whispered words burned her ear--as if she knew Haru would struggle to answer her.

Haruko would shut her eyes for a brief moment, composing herself, before opening them and looking up to the older clansmen. "Mhmm...I am. O-om...thank you for your kindness over the years...but I am leaving, going with Akeru-sensei..." she'd say, voice hushed, timid even. She'd give a bow towards the woman and not even meet her gaze again, the shorter Genin darting past her somewhat hastily, and continuing on towards her home...she knew Akeruseirei wouldn't be to far behind, and would stop further up to wait for her sensei--in case she'd have a conversation with the almost too perfect woman she'd had run ins with over the years.

Post by Bones! Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    It wasn't planned the way it unfolded, but she had planned on confrontation with her siblings. The Kaguya was a clan, but even in shared blood they weren't family. They were relatives at best. Distant gene pools to weed out any possibility of impurities among those born. It was a healthy way to ensure those born among them would hold their elite kekkei genkai. It was the reason they kept from mixing with the lesser gene pools. All of them saw themselves better, a worldview that was being slowly changed as time moved on. But those born into it, would believe it until they died. It was hard to change a mind that was already spawned. So many of the had avoided the woman then for the fears of her family. They avoided her out of respects of her long past parents. But now it was done out of disgust, for the spawn she had created. In a way it was fitting that she would take the other half-breed as her own.

Asatsuyu, Rei's elder sister. She was perfect in almost every way. Star of her teams, class, and a hero among them. Top of her class. Rei was always in her shadow, and would never live up to the same fame. She could never surpass her. But now, with one of the swords in her possession, eyes looked at her. Some looked away for the mindset of the Kaguya, others in fear. Why else would that woman return other than for vengeance?

"O-oh, I s-s-see." She would say, lifting a hand to cover her forked tongue. A instant glance over at the woman, only for it to pass over. Rei would give a cough. And there was no exchange of words.

She followed after the girl. She came for one thing really, and all of this was a bonus. Frosting on her already honey soaked cake. She would follow until they arrived at the home of the young girl. Anything worth value would be taken with them. Their visit would be fast and quick. Or so, she hoped.
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Haruko Kaguya Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:59 pm

Haruko's gaze remained low, as she didn't wait long for the Kaguya--now Hozuki woman to keep up to her, the woman they'd ran into's words echoing in her mind a few times. She felt bad...but she also knew that she had no place here anymore...an empty shell of how she used to feel. Before this--the girl loved the clan...maybe it was just her more cheery attitude back then, not burned and torn by the cold world--resulting in this tormented and jaded young woman today--but it seemed nicer...more welcoming back then. But ever since her capture...her years spent locked away...beaten, toyed with, used for unspeakable acts, since her return to Kirigakure...she'd seen the true side of the clan. At least a glimpse of the truth. The day she stood over her own grave, looking down at the date...knowing they considered her dead, that they never even tried to find her. This was the day that resentment was firmly seeded in the girl...and has been growing ever since. Still--it was hard for Haruko...

She'd walk on once Akeruseirei had caught up, but she remained quiet, oceans of ice gazing the pathway leading to her home. This walk felt longer then it had before...surely it was the cocktail of emotions running through her icy veins--but held back by the lid of thin ice she used to try to keep them at bay. It wouldn't be to long though and the two would reach her house--Haruko stopping on her stoop and hesitating to unlock the door. "...Akeruseirei..." she'd say quietly, finally unlocking the door and opening it, stepping inside and awaiting for her sensei to join her.

"...Why is your family like this...your brother...and that other woman...I know she is the older sister of Kyogima, Asatsuyu...she which means she is your sister too...you two didn't even speak...and I know her, at least...I think I do. She's usually so kind...but I'd have to be blind if I couldn't see the tension..." she'd go on after shutting the door and within the privacy of her house. Haruko turned too look at Akeru in the eyes. "I-I'm sorry to pry Akeru-sensei...but I just...I'm so confused...I feel like there is a hidden truth I am not in on here...I'm kept at an arms length from the clan's affairs...and..." she took a breath and sighed it out, having almost run out of air as her questions begun to fill the room.

"...If your brother is Kiyogima...and your sister Asatsuyu...then Kanzentai...he is your brother too..." she said, her eyes widening upon realizing this. Kanzentai...the man was hailed as the prize of the clan, pride of the family, treated probably as good as Lord Mizukage herself...A man of few words, who Haruko had very limited encounters with. What little she did...the one time he even noticed her...she felt as if he glared daggers right through her, an almost bloodlust in his glare. "...The way he looked at me that one day...he looked at me like he'd rather see me dead..." she said as this memory slowly played out across her mind. By now, she was almost hyperventilating.

Post by Bones! Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:54 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    There was once a time when Rei was proud to call herself a Kaguya. Even after the long sleepless nights with the welts over her body, the pushing of her parents to go further, to do even more than her body could, she loved them. She loved them even after they threw her out like an old plaything. She loved them all for years. She survived believing that when they forgave her, when they were ready, they would come get her. They had all of the skills and power to find her. Symbols carved in trees. Notes left behind. She waited for them, but only word of their death came. And when she tried to make peace with it all, she was turned away. That was when the love turned into hate. The Kaguya name leaving a sour taste in her mouth. She cursed her body, her bones. She swore to refrain from using their useless gift. It was a curse. A memory of a family she never really had. A tainted thought.

"You don't need to be so formal with me." The door to the girl's home opened as she walked inside, only to take a moment to look around. The smell of the cigar burned away and masked by the heavy feeling that hung over the both of them. It seemed as if Rei had dragged Haruko in a aged old feud, but it couldn't be helped now.

Words dripped from her mouth, a gaze turned up to the woman only to ask more questions. It was a fair trade. Rei had asked so much of her the day before, and now she did the same. Normally, she would turn away from the topic, but if they were to walk out, they were bound to encounter more. But even when she moved in, it was bound to follow them. Rei had to explain it, now, for not herself, but her newest student.

She leaned against the wall, her eyes looking around for anything, trying to scale and measure what work would soon be completed. The layout was in her mind as well, trying to think of how to recreate it at her own house, trying to make her most at home.

"Well," she wanted to feel anger, but she knew that look. She grew up with his gaze. Sometimes, it was better off to be dead than to life a suffering life. He was someone who shared Rei's core ideals. That it was better to kill your ally, than leave them behind. Rei learned it as a method of mercy, but he held onto it as a symbol of honor and dedication. They were two parts of the same, but her eldest sibling was still not someone to take lightly. Even as an older man. "Usually, unless he says something, it's nothing to worry about." Her eyes would fall upon the girl, another nervous smile and a shrug. "Well, lets get your stuff. If we wait any longer I'm sure my parents will rise from the dead to judge me too." She'd take a few steps inside, as if to ready herself for work.

"Though, you seem really acquainted with them already." Her eyes narrowed in thought. She was starting to piece things together. Kiyo was always nice to her growing up. She endured the punishments to postpone his own. But it was worthless as they took time and care for him. He got the best, just like the others. Rei got what was left. All of their names holding great value. Eternal Beauty. A Perfect Son. The youngest housing halves of two names that now meant nothing. But her name, Empty Soul. The chose it, out of many. They destined her for her path in life before she was even able to walk. Could she be blamed? But now, the empty soul had a heart full of love.

Her finger dragged down the wall of the room as she thought about it. She looked over to Haruko. Her eyes narrowing at the girl, looking over her skin, her face, her hair. She was a Kaguya. Even if in the chance they were related. It would be hard to know how close. For now at least. She reached out to the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, take it easy. We're gonna meet my brother, Kaisaki just a bit outside of the district, he'll help carry whatever we got. They we can go out for like, ice cream, or I dunno, donuts or something." She waved a hand at nothing, going past the stores in her mind, walking the streets of Kirigakure.

"Or a hamburger. Those are pretty good too."
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Haruko Kaguya Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:07 am

Haruko wouldn't be met with her teacher's gaze, no--the older woman moved to lean against a wall, and her eyes seemingly became aimless, searching for something to focus on that wasn't Haruko. But she'd keep her focus, watching Rei, the azure gaze continuing to search for answers. But as Akeruseirei spoke, she almost seemed to dismiss it...saying it likely was nothing. This only left her wondering...questions still unanswered--and maybe they'd remain this way.

Finally Akeru would look at Haruko, but by now her eyes had softened, almost pleading for answers, but loosing hope for them. As the woman spoke of getting her things, and made a sort of joke about her parents rising from the grave to judge her too, Haruko's gaze dropped to the floor, head tilting down some. She stood still as Akeru stepped past her, eyes still remaining on the floor. "...Right." she's say, voice quiet, soft--defeated.

She'd turn around and continue deeper into the house. It was void of personal belongings, a simple box and bag was all there was to represent her possessions. Both laid on an otherwise barren table not to far into the living quarters. She heard the comment about being aquanted with them, her simply shrugging it off mentally and responding in passing. "Asatsuyu used to bake sweets for everyone in the district...she is the only one who visited me after I returned. But I don't know her very well...nor the others at all." she'd say as she picked up the bag of clothes, hiking it over her back while holding onto the closed end with her hand, it hung over her shoulder as she looked back up to Akeru.

She'd find the older woman placing her hand on the shoulder opposite the one she'd hung her bag of clothing over, glancing to the hand...the scars...but quickly back up to try to look the woman in the eyes. "Hmm...Kaisaki?" she'd question, not having heard of him. Although it was easy to guess why, how would Haruko know Kaisaki. She couldn't. "...I guess that sounds okay. I haven't ate since...ah..."...the sad part was, she literally couldn't remember. Years barely eating, starved in captivity to keep her weak, given spoiled scraps, had ruined her diet...she usually ate maybe once every other day.

She'd go ahead and walk back to the door, opening it and stepping into it--turning back...giving the place one last look. Some may had felt sentimental...maybe at a glance someone would think this is how Haruko felt. But no...the ice in her eyes, the distant gaze...it told a story of a hollow house, a simple shelter from the elements. Nothing more. She'd step out of the doorway and wait for Akeru to exit--hopefully with the box of Haru's things, before shutting the door a final time...locking it. She'd think to leave the key with the guards at the gate on the way out...she didn't need it anymore. She'd let Akeru lead now, and follow behind.

Post by Bones! Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:36 am

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Despite the age that held her up, she still was unable to cope with her own emotions. All of it was a new concept that only now she was beginning to get a grasp on. Sorrow. Anger. Love. Suspicion. All of it blended into a wave that crashed all at once. It was all the same to her. It was why she relied on facts. A cold and empty soul that used mixed emotions as a shield to protect herself. All of them damaged and broken. But years later, now, today, they were healing, and now, she had no reason to use them to protect herself. Now, she could protect herself with her knowledge alone.

Rei wandered within, peeking through doorways and openings to make sure all that she had, would be taken in this single trip. She was truly not looking forward to returning, and hoped she never would. After, she would take up the box in her hands, and follow her out. Shifting weight to hold it to address the girl before standing a bit behind while she would open the door for them.

"I mean, he's not a Kaguya. But, we share a similar beginnings." She'd pass through the doorway, tucking the box under her left arm, holding it firmly and carefully. As the door was locked a final time Rei would begin their journey back, though this time the guard from the entrance stood not far from them. Beside him, a tall and towering man. Long white hair tied up in a low ponytail over a olive green robe. The man's armed crossed as they looked not at the girl, but the woman.

"Akeru, I tried to tell him." the guards entire demeanor shifted in this encounter, no longer trying to keep the woman out, but the man away. A hand raised to man's chest as the guard tried to keep them distant.

"You can't take Haruko from here. I won't allow it." His face twisted with visible signs of frustration. Rei would turn away, her head hung a bit lower as she tried to move past him. His arms raised as he would shove the woman to the side. A half stumble as she caught herself. Her right arm raised to hold onto the handle of her sword, lifting it just a bit off of her back, but not brandishing.

"Guys please. It's not what mom and dad would want."

Rei's faced the man, but her eyes fell onto the girl. A nod to gesture her to move past them, and her eyes would fall upon the man again. "You're right. They wanted me dead. They wouldn't want me here."

"Akeru that's not what I meant-"

The woman would turn to leave, only for him to reach out to her shoulder, not one to comfort, but to hold her in place. Rei would shake his touch. "Kanzentai, if I ever see you around Haruko. I'll fucking end your life." his hand fell, and his gaze would not follow his sister, but the girl. His arms hung at his side as Rei would walk away, trying to escape her personal hell...
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Haruko Kaguya Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Haruko would be given a brief phrase on Kaisaki, and would ask no further--if she was to meet him she'd get to know him then, for now, it didn't matter that much. No, what mattered more in the moment was what awaited them outside. The two had barely gotten off of Haruko's now old house's stoop and she'd glance up ahead, eyes falling on two figures. The guard from before, Kyogima--and the man they'd just spoken of only moments ago...speak of the devil, they say. Haruko almost unconsciously slid behind Akeruseirei, but forced herself not to 'hide' behind her sensei, instead simply walking a bit closer to her as the two men now stood in their path--one intent on not letting them pass.

Haruko remained quiet, she knew now that this was Akeru's battle to be had, just hopefully it'd remain a verbal one--not physical. Her eyes would bounce between the three older shinobi--now with them grouped together she could see some visual cues, the signs of siblings between them. But even with the slight hints they was related...there couldn't be more distance between them metaphorically. Haruko noticed the change in Kyogima's attitude, no longer a stoic guard, now a pleading little brother. As her eyes fell on the other man, she couldn't look him in the eyes, her focus ending at his crossed arms. His voice cut the air, stern, demanding--it literally make Haruko's heart jump...and not in a good way. Hearing him speak her name, telling Akeru that she couldn't take Haruko from the district, it made her take a small step back, and freeze in place.

Well. Haruko wanted to know more about Akeruseirei's family...now she had front row seats. She'd turn her focus on Rei, who'd turned away and hung her head, and tried to step past Kaizentai with no words...the man would shove her and Haruko almost instinctively moved to get between them...but she was frozen in place, and it wasn't her place to. This was a family matter...not clan. Even if hidden truths could lead to Haruko's more...direct involvement in the matter. But she remained silent, unable to even find her voice to speak up...hands shaking. It wasn't fear though...it was the want to do something...to protect the one who'd reached out to her, to pull her from the depths she lived in.

When Akeru grabbed the handle of her large blade, Haruko finally couldn't hold herself back anymore. She moved quickly to try to get between the two--even if in reality she'd be a simple ant smashed under their boots in a battle--but she stopped her charge only a meter or so away when she saw no further actions of aggression would be had for now. Akeru's nod as a gesture for Haruko to go on past them had the young half breed lift her hand as if to reach out and grab Akeru's wrist to pull her along with her...but she stopped...and took a few more steps around the two, hesitant, but after a second she'd past them, but kept her eyes focused on the family feud.

The tall pride of the Kaguya's hand grabbed onto Akeruseirei's shoulder, and at this point Haruko wasn't sure if this wasn't going to end in a battle...but Rei's words cut him down almost better then the blade...a simple threat, or promise even. This caused Haruko's eyes to widen some...the idea she was willing to kill her own brother simply for even being seen around Haruko...it spoke volumes for the different feelings Akeruseirei held between her direct family--and the half breed orphan she was taking under her wing and even into her home. Akeru was let go of and would continue on, Haruko staying in place for a moment as Akeru past her...the man's eyes didn't follow his sister, but instead on the young Kaguya-Yuki. Slowly, Haruko stepped back...then another...before turning and jogging to catch up to Rei...The White Lotus and Broken Arrow on their way towards the gates of the district, likely...to never return.

As she caught up to Akeruseirei, she'd come to walk beside the woman--just off to her right. She kept her gaze forward, a bit distant, as she'd finally speak. "...I'm...sorry I have caused even more friction...between you and your siblings." she'd apologize, feeling this was in some way her fault...even though in reality, it was bigger then that, bad blood between siblings that ran cold years before Haruko likely was even born. It made her wonder...what would her life had been like if she had been raised by her parents? What would they be like? But...as a half breed in the eyes of the judgmental, she'd been cast out by her parents. She'd not know who brought her into the world, or why she was abandoned all those years ago. Would she ever know the truth of her lineage? Was it as cursed as Akeruseirei's own family? There was a sad irony to this situation, only still left unseen, unknown...

But she shook these thoughts off, instead, something came to her mind. The last words Rei spoke to Kanzentai. "Did...you mean what you said to him? About if you ever see him around me...that you'd kill him?" she questioned. She wished not to pry into Akeru's personal matters...but this involved her too--and she felt she had the right to know what brought Akeruseirei to say that...bad blood or not, to threaten to kill one's own brother over a girl she'd only days ago didn't know existed...it confused the young woman.

Post by Bones! Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Kaisaki, unlike the ones with white hair, was someone Rei called family. Even the man she married, was her husband, but wasn't her family. He wasn't a person she would die for. But he was someone she would sacrifice for the greater good. Her brother, one that shared memory was waiting outside, waiting to rescue, following the same order Rei gave herself. Do not enter unless absolutely necessary.

The steps of the girl close behind as it all unfolded. The slowed step as she went backwards. The eyes of the clan observed, but none dared intervene. It wasn't their place. And even as children, it was common among them. The punches thrown, nothing but bones against bones. Endless fighting among children. A charged misstep as the girl lunged forward only to stop. Haruko would reach out, and in a few steps begin to pass. Rei would move on, Haruko not that far behind.

"They haven't been my siblings for over thirty years." Rei would reply, "Nothing has changed about them." She spoke, only for them to near the gate, a robed man hidden behind a animal mask juggling what looked like figures as he talked to the guard. She smiled and nodded as she looked to the girl. "I'd kill your parents too for leaving such a wonderful kid behind." A twisted way to comfort, but was just how Rei saw the world.

"No one is going to hurt you again." And she smiled as she reached the outer gates...
    110/110 Chakra

Kaisaki of The South
    Akeruseirei's Eyes
    "I'm here for the girl."

"What?"

"Wait. Shit. Fuck. I mean. I'm here for the little girl?"

"What the hell are you-"

"SHIT. FUCK. I DIDN'T MEAN THAT. I uhh... There's a girl. I'm here to pick up a small girl?"

"I'm calling the-" the guard turned to look for anyone to help, lifting his hand to call out. Kaisaki nervously reached into his pockets, taking a strange collection of small figures of various sizes. He threw them up in front of him, starting to pass them between his hands until several were in the air.

"Hey hey hey! No no, look at me! Isn't it crazy! i'm juggling! Whoa!"" He tossed them in the air, nervously trying to buy time. He knew where the woman was, he knew she was here. He knew she had students and he had a single job. One job. All he had to do was sit and wait and he managed to fuck that up.

"Oh! Seirei!" The man caught them all quickly in succession throwing them back into his coat, pointing at the woman and her student. Almost jumping up and down as doing so. "See, see!!" He would tell the guard, completely out of ear shot from the two Kaguya nearing them. "See! I'm not a weird psycho kidnapper I'm just here for Seirei and uh, her... uh... student, kid."

"That's still really creepy though."

"Yeah that's fair."
    Strength: D || Constitution: D|| Stamina: D || Speed: D ||
    Coordination: C || Intelligence: C || Perception: D
    50/50 Chakra
    [ Kaisaki ]

Post by Haruko Kaguya Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:53 pm

Haruko recieved a pretty quick response it seemed from Akeru, about how she didn't consider them siblings--how it'd been like that for years, nearly twice as long as Haruko had even been alive. Haruko's distant gaze forwards fell on movement up ahead at the gate, the remaining guard that had stayed at his post, and a man in a robe and mask juggling some small items. She'd blink in confusion at this, but her attention was drawn back to Akeruseirei. The mention of killing Haruko's parents for what they'd done didn't phase her, the fact she had no reaction to this probably hinted at her hidden resentment. She'd simply nod in response and shift her eyes forward.

"Hm...wonder what my parents were like...why they left me here all those years ago." she'd say, but her voice was quiet enough that she was just talking to herself at that point, thoughts expressed outloud...but surely Akeru still heard her anyways. But Haruko again looked up, them now reaching the gate, looking to the guard who seemed...well, creep'd out. Haruko's eyes shifted to the other man, and had a good guess...this man here with the mask must have been the one Akeruseirei spoke of. "Mmm...this Kaisaki?" she asked, looking up to Rei, then back to the masked man.

Post by Bones! Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:42 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    The two white haired females would make it to the gate, only for the footsteps of a familiar woman to see them off. Not a word to be exchanged as she would watch, almost silently begging for the girl's return. To them, it was their way to atone for the sins of their parents. It was there way to stop their brother from doing the same to her as had been done to Rei. The distance of a father and his kin, one he did not wish to raise himself, outing himself. Now, his younger sister had taken her away, having raised her own half-kin herself, taking pride in him. A son, who was well on his way to becoming the Kage's hand.

"Worthless." Rei would say. "If you lived among them, and nor your father or mother had revealed their relation, then they are no better than my cigar in that bin. Used. And served his purpose, reduced to trash."

"Seirei, Seirei!" He called out, waving his cloth covered hands. Rei would soon past the gate, exiting the district with the box in hand. He would hand it over to the man.

Rei would give one of those smiles as if to say, "Please excuse him. He's a little special." She would look back at the man, only to glance over the things, then back to Haruko. "Haruko, give your bag to Kaisaki. He'll set up your things at my house while we take a moment."

"Seirei."

". . . What now?"

The man nervously held the box, looking between the girl and Rei. "You sure Engetsu would be fine with me-"

"Just give it to the maids then."

"Right. That actually... makes a lot of sense..." After Haruko would hand the bag, he would be on his way unless she requested otherwise. "Oh!" He would shuffle the box to extend his left hand to the girl, only to switch and offer his right instead. "I'm Kaisaki. Kai is fine. Or whatever. I mean y'kno. Doesn't matter that much. Even Saki. Or Aisak. Sak. Isa? Whatever. Doesn't matter. I'll take Masked Man too. Or Seirei's friend or... or..." his words trailed off until it was just incoherent mumbling hidden behind his mask.
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Haruko Kaguya Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Haruko would glance over as she walked with Akeruseirei--seeing the same woman from before silently watching them off...Haruko had to look away, if the woman was trying to guilt her into staying--it was almost working, at least the guilt part. But no...Haruko's mind was made up. The display earlier, view into what her clan really was like, it cemented her feelings on leaving. Haruko focused back on Akeru as she gave her feelings on what Haruko had said to herself...deeming the young woman's parents worthless. She had a point...they couldn't have been anything worth while morally if they'd abandon her like they did.

As they exited the district Kaisaki would be handed the box Rei had been carrying, and the older white haired woman would give Haruko a reassuring smile about Kaisaki, one that told her that the woman trusted him...and to not mind how he was. The two seemed to have a back and forth, Haruko blinking as they did. Names she didn't know, but likely would over time. After the two had their brief interaction, the shortest among the group found the masked man turning his attention to her--shuffling the box between hands as he seemed confused which one to even offer her for a handshake. The box wasn't the only thing he fumbled over, his words even worse--a jumbled mess of nicknames she could call him--the man clearly a bit socially awkward. Well...Haruko was pretty socially stunted so not like she could judge, and she wouldn't. She'd reach out and shake Kaisaki's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Kaisaki-san." she said, always polite and sometimes overly formal with using the suffixes. Was just how the girl was. Following what Rei had said, the woman would hand him the bag of clothes, freeing up Haruko's hands up, her stretching a bit. She'd pull out the key she had to her house...instead of giving it to the guard, she turned towards the woman silently watching them from a distance. She approached Asatsuyu, standing in front of her in silence for a moment before handing her the key...turning about quickly enough her skirt was spun out away from her body just a bit by the centrifugal force, and quickly would rejoin Akeru and Kaisaki. "Shall...we go then?" she asked, glancing up to her taller Sensei.

Post by Bones! Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:53 am

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Kaisaki held the box, while Rei waited for her student. A key exchanged and the girl would return. The robed man would nod before almost running off towards Rei's home. Every few steps it was almost like he would almost trip on his own robe before catching himself. He still never dropped her things...

"Of course." Rei would smile, ending her arm to hook and link with the girl's own. They would enjoy a bit of time, a small share of words to digest what had happened. Enough time for Rei to stall for Kaisaki to assist the maids in getting whatever resources they needed to prepare the girls room. All he needed was one look at the girl to see what kind of person she was. All he needed was to see, and he could mostly gauge what things they desired. Soon, a small collection of clothing around her size would be purchased and placed, and much more extravagant things that Rei really didn't find interest in. But of course, it was about what it meant, not how much it cost.

"What are you in the mood to eat?" she asked.
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Haruko Kaguya Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:09 pm

It'd seem Asatsuyu had no intentions of saying anything more--the woman had taken the key given by Haruko, and went on. Haruko watched as Rei's 'brother' Kaisaki would dart off, notably in the direction of the Hozuki district, her watching with a hint of surprise when he almost fell over a couple times, but managed to stay up. Kaisaki didn't seem to be the most coordinated person, or at least, his robe messed with it. Her gaze would return to Akeruseirei as she spoke, responding to her 'shall we go', and even linking her arm up with Haruko's, the short woman blinking a couple times in slight confusion

But she'd nod in response, even giving Akeru a weak smile. Still, it seemed hard for the young woman to smile...years in the darkness held her back, kept her from being able to feel and express happiness like she should. It'd take time is all...but with the older, more experienced, KaguyaHozuki, there was a light shining into the darkness Haruko lived in. Even if the one shining this light herself had many demons to struggle with. But together, they could grow even more...as family. Not the bad blood 'family' Akeruseirei grew up in and had been outcast by, not the shamed 'family' who abandoned Haruko simply because she was a 'half breed'...but caring, supportive, close family.

If only they knew the truth...

"Well...I guess some Pizza wouldn't be bad." she'd respond, the girl going to Rei wherever the mature white haired woman would lead her.

Post by Bones! Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:07 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Rei wasn't dumb by any means. She was one that could eventually piece together the facts and the whole story given enough time. The similarities in their story. THe clan didn't seek them out, why? One failed to hold up to their standards and was cast out. They feared her father's word. Something that with failure, none would ever seek a relative if that was the case. An order to banish the young girl, only to condemn another. Her father was more than likely the result of Haruko's suffering. Another reason to hate the old man.

"Pizza? Well then I know just the place." She would begin her pace to one of her more favored restaurants. One that never questioned or topping choices or strange requests. One that delivered, and always gave her a slice of cake for all of the years of support. Of course, she wasn't the only one that ate a dozen pizzas, they were for her employees. But surely they knew that.

But she knew, the way they all looked at her. The little bits that changed. The sound of their heart beating, their shortened and quickened breath. The sound of hands fidgeting. The quiet sighs under breaths. They were all judging Rei for her reason for coming. But seeing her with Haruko was something that put them all off. Almost at ease, strangely enough.

"What kind of toppings do you normally like?" She asked, herself favoring meats and sweets. Not even she went as far to order pineapple on her pizza, but given a slice, she wasn't one that would take it off. Sometimes, on long nights she would order anchovies and bacon and ask for chocolate drizzle for her cake, only to place it on her pizza. It was one of her more memorable meals, but not one she could eat more often than a single time a month.

She knew. She knew by his words. "You can't take Haruko from here. I won't allow it." Those words. Specific, and spoke nothing on the surface. If he gave her a death gaze, but still retained her name. No, it wasn't about Rei walking out with a Kaguya to take as her own. It was about the girl specifically. She knew what he meant. "You can't take my daughter away from me. Do you think you can do better?"

"Yes. I can, and I will." she spoke aloud, though to herself. Her words slipping out of her mind, ". . . Or you more traditional with your pizza?"
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Haruko Kaguya Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:05 pm

Haruko would sadly be none-the-wiser to the things Akeru was picking up and piecing together. The truth of her existence. Unlike Rei, Haruko was fairly average when it came to brain power, and she lacked the life experience Akeru held--as well as simply not knowing the players in this game of chess she'd unknowingly entered into. Truth was though...she'd been roped into this game years ago--she just didn't know it yet.

The young woman would find that Akeruseirei knew 'just the place', maybe she frequented it, or simply knew the food was good. Either way Haruko would walk with Rei, She'd be asked what she liked on her Pizza, answering with her typical hushed voice--but clearly enough. "Hm...Mostly meat. Sausage, pepperoni....ah--do they have hamburger as a topping?" she'd ask, clearly clueless to the thoughts crossing her sensei's mind. Kanzentai...his words...his tone...the look...it all seemed to fall in place for the older woman, while lost on Haruko.

The Kaguya-Yuki glanced off to the side for a moment, thinking a bit. She'd sigh silently and glance back up to Akeru. "...Akeru, why do you think Kanzentai-san tried to stop you from taking me with you? Just...He's never even said my name until today...yet almost started a fight. I know you two have...your issues and disagreements...but was that it?...Maybe I'm just reading to much into it, n-nevermind. I shouldn't pry about this stuff..." after she dismissed her own questions her gaze would fall back forward and a bit down as the two white haired beauties walked through Kirigakure's streets.

Post by Bones! Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Every word, every step, ever glance was like a small shard of glass from a broken mirror, or a fragment of a shattered glass, or a piece to a large puzzle. They were benches, ponds, a bird, and grass that all made up a single park. They were just little things that painted a life. Everything led to something else. She picked up on little things, like patterns in breathing, or the sound of footsteps. The dragging of feat or the stomping of anger. She wasn't dumb, but without the cues she as used to, she couldn't put things together quite as fast. She had her own way of learning, and her own way of putting it together.

"I'm pretty sure that's just sausage. Just peppered ground beef." She made her way to the small shop. It was quite dirty compared to the others, that being faded paint and chipped glass. The yellowing of the white paint, and the old signs that cracked and fell apart. They would remain outside, until the girl was ready, or at least, until they could deal with a normal conversation. It wasn't like they wanted all of the world to hear Rei's personal bussiness.

"I think it was painful for him." He never said her name. "Just all of it." he never said her name. ". . . having everyone around, especially me." he never said her name until today? "It's most likely pride. Seeing me take a Kaguya as my own. I think deep down, he knows I'm gonna treat you better." She would smile, her hand reaching out to ruffle the young girl's hair before reaching out to open the door. "And I can, and I will. I'll be the mother you should have had."

He never said her name.

"Though, I guess in that case we should talk about my son."
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Haruko Kaguya Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 pm

The two of them seemed to come to a shop--Haruko glancing at it upon approaching, seeing the shabby shop, aging and unkempt signs, weathering away to the humid air, almost always shrouded in mist--giving the village its namesake...but surely was hell on buildings. Metal? Good luck fighting off rust. It seemed this shop had seen same age, but still even in this metropolis they lived in--it stood, still open. That was worthy of respect in itself. Haruko stopped just outside of the place with Akeruseirei, their conversation continuing.

Haruko's eyes blinked, and she looked back to Akeru, ice colored hues of blue looking into the golden eyes of Rei, as she continued to listen. The cadence of her words...and something in her eyes--it spoke more then just the words coming from her lips. But before Haruko could think about it to much...she had a hand upon her head, ruffling her hair. What words followed brought a blush to Haruko's face. A Mother...something she never had...something she could only watch from afar and long for. Haruko reached up with both her hands, both feeling where Akeru had ruffled her hair...she seemed to stand there for just a moment before snapping back into reality, fixing her hair to try to not make it look so awkward, and smiling towards Akeru, stepping through the door since she'd held it open for her, giving a slight bow in thanks.

Once the woman would join her inside, Haruko thought on the last thing the woman said. Her son? Well, she did say she had a husband, it wasn't much of stretch to think she also had a son. But whom? Someone Haruko knew? Was he around her age, older, younger? Was he a trap? These questions flooded her head--besides that last one--wondering who her son was. And...if Rei was to be her mother...would this make her son, Haruko's brother? It brought the simple question.

"Who is your son?...Would I know him?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am