Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

The Okumura's Practice (Chikaro)

Lionheart
    Lionheart

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton, Fuuinjutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: 173,044

The Okumura's Practice (Chikaro) Empty The Okumura's Practice (Chikaro)

Post by Lionheart Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:40 pm

"I really should work on my swordplay huh..."

The blonde girl rolls her shoulders and arches down, picking up a simple stick off of the ground. She had been too busy being scatterbrained and excited about training that she'd never even bothered to go out and get some actual supplies with this surplus of money that she had on her. At least the training dummies were free in this simplistic training field. It was just a circular clearing surrounded by forestry and mist.

After a brief moment of pause, Maka springs forward, running on towards the training dummy as quickly as she can manage. After she's reached it, the Okumura springs off of both feet and slashes it in a horizontal mannerism. Just like the other sticks she'd been using prior, it snaps in half upon contact, the half falling down at her feet with the other broken pieces. She drops it down with it and frowns, a little disheartened.

"Maybe I should just stop trying to use a stick like a sword -- ooh! Maybe I could do taijutsu.." She murmurs to herself and nods to approval, a single lock of hair flicking about in the midst of her head's movement. What to do...

"What's wrong with bravery?"
    Updates
    Stats:
    Jōki
    Jōki

The Okumura's Practice (Chikaro) Empty Re: The Okumura's Practice (Chikaro)

Post by Jōki Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:36 am

Chikaro hummed as he walked slowly to the training field, hands in his pockets and with a relaxed posture. He was dressed casually in a red shirt and black pants with his headband draped around his neck. He was in no big rush today, taking in the sights in the village that had been his home for the last couple years. He was taller than he had been , being near what would be his full height as an adult and had slightly more muscle to his body but not much more than he had before. However, what muscle he did have was very toned, indicating he had trained extensively for long term endurance since his entry into the village.

His physical abilities hadn't increased much otherwise, only his total amount of stamina really. However, he hadn't yet met a genin that could toss around as much power for as long as he could within the village. People were already comparing his reserves to that of a seasoned jonin. His actual abilities were rather lackluster sans the variety of his elemental natures. That was one thing he was hoping to resolve today, as he had been training for a while and had some techniques to test out that he believed he had nailed down.

When he got there, he saw a girl around the age of fourteen or fifteen swinging away at a training dummy with a stick like she was a swordswoman. Her form appeared to have some practiced movements, making Chikaro believe that perhaps she was a bit more trained than he was giving her credit for. After all, he only knew the basics of physical combat and practiced his ninjutsu a good majority of the time. The stick broke after a solid blow, the Kazehana casually approaching the girl as she began to talk to herself. He had to admit, she was a lot more beautiful up close despite her youth and underdeveloped body.

"Do you break every stick that finds its way into your hands, or only the ones made of wood," he said lightly and with a joking tone to his voice. His eyes danced down to look the young girl in the eye, a charming smirk etched onto his face. The innuendo was obvious in his first words to the girl, a test to see how she would react to such a joke. Any girl who couldn't take a joke just wasn't worth the time he had found. Being too stuck up was such a bad way for a girl to be, especially the pretty ones.

Character File

Post by Lionheart Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:31 am

Maka brings her hand up to tap her index finger against her chin for a moment, thinking it over. She finally notices Chikaro when he speaks to her, starting off with an innuendo. While she knew exactly what he meant by the comment, she had a good retort for it -- and the best part was that it played right into her specialty. Without being a jerk towards one of the only people she'd met.

"Hehe, maybe the wood ones, but not the ones I make." She remarks, grinning at him in return. Upon closer inspection she's wearing black shorts with a matching tank top, along with a white sash coiled about her waist, matched with a small, white scarf around her neck. Along with that she has on open-toed black sandals, reaching about halfway along her ankles. Surprisingly enough, she didn't have a hip pouch or a holster like people usually did, which probably hints at what she meant with that response.

"I take it you're here to do some training as well?" The Okumura asks with a curious leer, assessing the damage she's done to the training dummy. Or well.. there lack of.

Updates
    Stats:
    Jōki
    Jōki

Post by Jōki Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Chikaro tilted his head a little at the girl's joke. Make? She could make sticks? "Of course I'm here to train," he began. The corner of his mouth tugged up a little before he continued, his attractive features complimenting the perfectly straight teeth that were peaking out from behind his lips. "I have to say though, I've never heard of anybody making sticks before. How about we train together for a little before you show me how to do it at lunch," he finished, still smiling that half smile he loved so much. He noted that she hadn't really done anything to the dummy, not that he could with his meager physical abilities either. Perhaps she was trying to figure out how to swing a sword? Really only one way to find out.

If she agreed to his proposal, he would flash a full grin before pulling his hands out of his pockets and lightly clapping them together in front of him. He would rub them together a few times casually as he thought up an idea for training. "The name's Chikaro Kazehana by the way. Glad to meet you," he started. Hopefully he could get this beauty's name in return, as he had come to like her a little more since they began their short exchange. She had a sense of humor and was a pretty girl, a combination one didn't often run across. When you find a gem in the sand, you take care of it rather than passing it up. The principal was the same here.

"I can't say I can swing a stick any better than you can, but I've got a good handle on ninjutsu. How about you? Are you any good at ninjutsu? Or is hitting people with sticks your thing?" He didn't know how she would handle the light teasing and flirting, hoping that his skills had gotten better than they had been when he first arrived at the village. His foreign appearance, accent, and personality had gotten him quite far before. It was only when he opened his mouth that he ruined things. So this could be counted as another type of training depending on how one looked at it.

Character File

Post by Lionheart Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:17 am

The female bobs her head in a noting manner, the strand of eternally-standing hair protruding from her roots shifting a bit. Maka offers a bit of a casual smirk in return -- coupled with a brief chuckle before she whirls around. "Is that so?" She rhetorically inquires in response, folding her hands behind her back at that point in time to face the dummy for a moment. Now she just had to concentrate for a bit so she could draw out her reserves properly.

It had been awhile since she used her clan's techniques, since she was trying to be less reliant on them.

She glances over her shoulder for a moment, flashing a full-on smile at that point. "Sure, it's better than practicing alone. I'm Maka Okumura -- it's a pleasure to meet you as well, Chikaro-san." The blonde remarks with zest in her tone, seeming thrilled to get a chance to practice her abilities with someone else. The female turns her head as she begins to concentrate once more, seeming to dedicate a good amount of her focus to... nothing in particular, at least to someone without sensory.

Her chakra begins to give rise and channel into her hand, right around the time that she unfolds her hands, and elevates her right arm from her side. She's still listening to him as she speaks, because she makes it clear with her next comment. "Yeah -- I know a bit of Ninjutsu. Some Raiton.. and then some of it is in the blood. Watch this." She remarks, tensing up for a moment before allowing chakra to amass at the base of her palm. The focus of chakra becomes visible in one fell swoop, beginning to take shape and assume the appearance of a kunai, but if it was a shroud of chakra.

Slowly but surely though, its features assume the appearance of a regular kunai. The standard hilt. An iron blade. And lastly, the open pommel at the end. She'd premptively positioned her arm in a throwing position by the time the weapon has formed with her fingers coiled about its hilt. With a brief inhale the female takes aim, before flinging the kunai on forward. It darts forward with pinpoint accuracy, though it's clear as day that its thrower lacks ample strength to back it up.

None the less, it jabs square into the center of the training dummy's skull, although it doesn't penetrate much. The weapon shatters shortly after connecting, with the bits coming to revert to their original nature -- chakra, and simply dispersing. It seemed that the weaponry didn't last without being in direct contact with her.

"What do you think, cool right?" She remarks, glancing back at him with the same smile.

Technique(s) used:

Updates
    Stats:
    Jōki
    Jōki

Post by Jōki Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 pm

"In the blood, hm?" That comment intrigued Chikaro, and when it was spoken he would cross his arms over his chest to watch and see what Maka was talking about in comfort. He too had the blood of a kekkei genkai running through his veins, one he had yet to unleash as of yet. It was his next goal, achieving the power of Magnet that his blood contained. For now, he would watch and see what this young woman could do. She began to focus chakra into the palm of her hand, that chakra then forming and condensing into what appeared to be a kunai. Creating weapons out of chakra? That's useful, he noted, being impressed with the basic ability she was displaying. It wasn't something he had ever seen before, but that could be mostly because he wasn't a Kirigakure native and as such there was a ton he had yet to see.

She readied herself to throw it, Chikaro's eyes not leaving the weapon as she flung it towards the dummy. It made contact and stuck in, more than if he would have thrown it he also noted, before breaking down back into chakra. That certainly is an intriguing ability. "Well, that was certainly interesting," he commented with some amusement in his voice, a slightly impressed look on his face. He had to admit, that wasn't what he had been expecting. "I imagine that's a pretty crazy ability once you get to master it, eh?"

Once she answered, Chikaro would unfold his arms and crack his knuckles. "I don't have anything too fancy like that, not yet anyways. I need a bit more training before I can use my clan's kekkei genkai, but I can use other ninjutsu pretty well. I've actually got three that I know how to use right now, and I'm working on my fourth right now. Watch this," he commented, purposefully repeating what she had told him to do with a smile on his lips.

In his own hand, Chikaro would gather a fairly decent amount of Fuuton chakra. This was one of the techniques he had been practicing for awhile and he had finally gotten it down recently. It was a good technique for any shinobi to possess since you could fire it quick and it had some power behind it. A good technique to poke at your opponent with to get a feel for what they could do. Once the appropriate amount had been gathered, Chikaro would bring his hand up and then across his chest. When he did he would release the wind natured chakra into multiple blades of wind. Some of them wound their way around Maka, leaving her unharmed but passing close enough to her to create a breeze. After, they would collect into one larger blade of wind that would smack into the dummy with quite a bit of force, Cutting cleanly through it from right hip to left shoulder as techniques of the wind nature were known to do. It would even continue through the dummy for a bit, showcasing how powerful it was. These dummies were meant for C rank in power techniques and lower, so hitting it with that was a bit of overkill. But hey, he had to show off, right?

The corner of his mouth tugged down as he realized he might have gone a bit overboard. "Well... I knew it packed a wallop, but I wasn't expecting that, heh. I didn't scare you, did I," he teased, unsure beforehand whether she would flinch at the technique getting so close to her even if she didn't get hit with it. "I can use raiton and katon too, but we'll run out of dummies if I do anything like that again so I gotta keep it down. Otherwise it'll come out of my salary," he joked, rubbing the back of his head and chuckling.

Used:

Wind Release: Slash- C rank, trained

Stamina used: 5/160

Character File

Post by Lionheart Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:28 am

"Yeah, but it's still pretty reliant on my reserves. There's more variations of it but that's the most basic one -- and it isn't as costly as the rest luckily." Maka admits, bringing her hands down to her sides for the time being. She listens to the male as he sheds some light on what he can do, mostly talking about how he had three types of Ninjutsu at his disposal. The foreigner quirks a brow upright on that note, her attention grasped.

As he lets loose a myriad of wind blades, she locks up out of instinct, mostly staying put where she's at and keeping each of her limbs close. She continues to observe his demonstration of the technique though, watching with child-like curiosity as they thrust on by her, throwing some of her blonde locks upright. Once they've passed her with that small brush of air, Maka turns on her heel to watch one of the blades of wind rip right into the dummy, showing an impressive amount of force.

"Ooh..." Maka simply emits in response, looking all too surprised. As he jokes about her being afraid, she finally shifts her attention back to him and laughs for a moment, before waving her hand dismissively.

"I'm fine. Ninjutsu's always an interesting thing to see. I'm not really native to the five shinobi nations, so.. I guess you can say I'm not used to this kinda way to use chakra. I'm adjusted to the materialization side of things, like what I showed you. If it wasn't for my dad I wouldn't know some of what I do as far as elements and fuuinjutsu goes." She was kinda glad he hadn't asked her if she knew any Fuuinjutsu or Raiton techniques despite having studied them, especially since... she kinda didn't know any to start with. One step at a time, though!

"If you're worried about losing some of your salary though you can practice your elements against me. There's another part to my clan's materialization traits."

Updates
    Stats:
    Jōki
    Jōki

Post by Jōki Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Maka appeared shocked at the display, not having expected the power present behind such a simple technique. Not bad, Chikaro, not bad at all, he thought to himself with confidence. That was the goal; surprise her with something fun. She turned to him and reassured him that she was fine, explaining a bit more about herself in the process. Not from the five shinobi nations, hm? Then one of the minor ones. How curious, she was the first person he had met who was a shinobi in the village from a minor nation. This was certainly an interesting day. "Really? I'm not from the Land of Water myself, actually. I come from that desert to the west, haha. Which land are you from," he asked her with genuine curiosity in his voice.

She then offered to let him practice against her chakra constructs rather than against the dummies, apparently having taken his joke a bit more seriously than he had intended. "Wow, they're tough enough to take something like that? That's something I'm gonna have to see to believe," he replied with a sly grin. "But... I could show you something a little more interesting first instead, if you'd like." Whichever choice she made would result in an interesting practice session either way, of that he was sure. Chikaro didn't know much, but he did know how to put on a show at the very least. Hopefully Maka was a fan of theatrics like he was.

Character File

Post by Lionheart Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:27 am

Maka bobs her head at the male's rhetorical inquiry regarding her home land. As he speaks of the desert from the west, she blinks for a moment, then brightens up. "Sunagakure, right? That's where my dad was from before he moved where my mom lived. I'm from O'uzu Island, one of Kirigakure's smaller lands of settlement." The blonde remarks with a chipper tone. She hadn't exactly come here up until Kirigakure ended up purchasing O'uzu, and so that's why she was even standing right before the Kazehana at the moment.

"Well, the weapons are as durable as your standard market grade stuff, but I can do more than form those." She admits, ready to demonstrate it herself. She stops midway through when he offers to show her something of his own first, causing her to offer an acknowledging nod. Her attention was all his at the moment, since she wanted to see more of what the major nations were capable of. O'uzu was barely inhabited by the likes of shinobi before settlement -- infact they were more like myths than anything else. Her father was among the very first.

"That'd be great. I still need to get more acquainted with all the stuff you guys know. All I know are the stories my father told me, and those just felt like fairy tales for the most part."

Updates
    Stats:
    Jōki
    Jōki

Post by Jōki Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:03 am

"You are certainly an interesting girl, you know that? Parents from two different countries and you hardly know anything about the shinobi arts, yet here you are slingin' chakra kunai like you've been a shinobi for years," Chikaro said in response to her first couple replies. He really meant that too, hopefully she could tell that the ease with which he gave the compliment. There wasn't a hiccup in the delivery, with just the perfect amount of charm in his tone of voice. The conversation continued as normal, with Chikaro letting a genuine grin flash across his face again when she agreed to let him show her something more "fun". "Alright, I knew you couldn't tell me no," he teased while taking a couple steps back, a smile on his face and a song in his voice.

The genin cracked his knuckles, kickstarting his chakra system by searching for the second chakra that was present within his body. It was almost parasitic in nature, except it took nothing from him but he took from it. It didn't take long to find this chakra, taking a small portion and mixing it with his own as he concentrated this chakra into his hands. The entire process took only a few seconds, this process being one of the few things he was relatively skilled at. The Kazehana clapped his hands together, a few sparks of a dark green chakra spitting away from his hands when they made contact and the jutsu was initiated. "Kuchiyose no jutsu!" With this short cast, a puff of smoke would emit from the space to his immediate left.

A couple seconds later, as per his command, a strange looking creature would burst from the smoke and rise into the sky on draconian wings. It was long and silver in color, with sharp features and a long tail that was pointed on the end. It was built for speed, that much was certain. Chikaro felt its mind in his own, a bundle of instinct and emotion awaiting orders from its hive leader; him. He held his arm out as if he were a falconer, the silver sliver gliding down and landing on his arm. Its body flattened where it landed, conforming to fit the environment as its tail wrapped around his arm for balance. The wings were tucked into its body, the small, beady eyes in the front of its skull boring down upon Maka as Chikaro turned his attention to her.

"Well, whadd'ya think? Pretty neat, huh?" He would await her reply, hopefully a positive one, before continuing with an explanation of what exactly it was. "This is called a Sliver. More specifically, a Helio Sliver. It can fly, obviously, but that's its only redeeming quality besides its great speed and reaction time. This is one of the summons I've learned how to control since I managed to sign the contract, and I think it's my favorite. It helps me scout things out when I need it, and it's pretty hard to hit. You ever seen a summon before?" Chikaro stopped at this point, realizing he had just gone on for a good minute and a half about the four and a half foot long creature on his arm, the one that was rapidly tiring him out.

With but a thought, the beast unwound itself from his body and flew over to Maka, carefully wrapping itself around her shoulders like a living scarf. The sliver brought its snout close to her hair, sniffing at it with its highly sensitive but fairly tiny nostrils, its surprisingly soft wings helping keep balance by touching her shoulders. Chikaro had labeled her as a "friend" to the sliver, this being one of the few things it could gather. Really, he had just indicated her as part of his hive and this was good enough to be friendly to her. They weren't the brightest creatures, that was for sure. "Look at that, it likes you."

Learned/ Used:

Helio Sliver, D rank summon

Strength: D
    Constitution: D
    Stamina: D
    Speed: B
    Coordination: B
    Intelligence: E
    Perception: D

*Has summoning sickness

Stamina used: 8/160

Character File

Post by Lionheart Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Maka waves her hand dismissively at the compliment, simply smiling as cheery as ever. "It took me lots of time and effort to get this far, and I still don't think I'm where I want to be with it either." She admits to her displeasure with her current knowledge of Ninjutsu. She wants to get better at everything that she knows, and then perhaps start working on furthering her knowledge in other areas. There's no doubt in her mind that something like that as a goal will certainly take awhile for her to accomplish.

As the male starts to demonstrate his Kuchiyose techniuqe, she watches in silence, mostly observing how it was performed for him. She isn't aware of his search for the proper chakra, but she does observe as he presses his palms together, emitting a green-ish series of sparks before a plume of smoke makes itself apparent beside him. As the smoke clears, the odd looking creature emerges with an ascension upwards using its unique wings. She watches in awe as it eventually lands upon Chikaro and he explains its main purpose, shaking her head as he asks if she'd ever seen a summon.

"Nope. Is this a variation of Fuuinjutsu or something? It's kinda similar, seeing as they both involve summoning something. In the case of Fuuinjutsu it's just unsealing though." She remarks, acknowledging the similarities between the two specialties. As the creature makes a landing upon her, Maka elevates her hand and moves to pat at it a little bit, mostly to see how it'd react, if it would for that matter.

Updates
    Stats:
    Jōki
    Jōki

Post by Jōki Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:54 pm

"Yes, actually, it is a form of fuuinjutsu. I'm not very good with actual sealing and all that jazz, but I'm fairly decent at this one aspect of it," Chikaro admitted to Maka when she asked about if it was related to fuuinjutsu. "I think this is the first skill I can say for certain that I'm 'good' at, honestly. I have a lot of variety with ninjutsu, but I'm not anything close to what you could call skilled with it. You're better than I am judging from the look of things," he continued, the sliver allowing Maka to pat it. It made no sounds or expressions in response to the stimulus, simply allowing it to happen as Chikaro hadn't indicated for it to do anything else. It did sniff at her hand as it was raised and followed that action up by munching on a little bit of her hair. It was too stupid to know you weren't supposed to eat hair, and it figured out quickly that it didn't like hair by lurching back slightly and spitting what it had eaten out.

Chikaro's face drew back when it did that, not expecting it to try and eat her hair. "Whoops, sorry about that. They're not exactly... intelligent." The Kazehana gave the order to get off of Maka and circle overhead to scout the area. It only understood orders, needing to be told what to do before actually doing it in pretty much any instance. Slivers were certainly loyal to a fault, but dear lord were they stupid as individuals. "I've got a couple more I've managed to convince allowing me to summon them. You wanna see the big one?"

Unbeknownst to Maka, the sliver circling about sixty meters overhead could sense Chikaro's intent to summon one of its brethren. A happy, bestial excitement was conveyed down to the genin. A shiver rolled down his spine from the feeling, one he still wasn't entirely used to yet. Hopefully Maka wanted to see the big one, since there was something quite interesting that would happen if he were to summon it with the other sliver in the general vicinity. She probably wouldn't want this one landing on her shoulders, that's for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:26 am