Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

The Inner Recesses: A Hellish Wager

Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

The Inner Recesses: A Hellish Wager  Empty The Inner Recesses: A Hellish Wager

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Honiko's clone used the transformation jutsu to disguise herself as a genin. A dark skinned woman with white hair. The disguise was eerily similar to that of the First Raikage, Calypso Inazuma. The woman strode onto the field heading towards a specific location or rather a specific person: Morikawa Mikiri. She had sensed the man's chakra signature at the Valley and had not soon forgotten it. She had given him a tip of what was to come when he had thrown questions her way during the battle. She could sense from the nature of his chakra that he was naturally curious and a higher mind for the sciences like her. He was their team leader for that mission and so he likely had a vested interest in the outcome of this Jounin Tournament much like she did. She decided that now was the time to raise the stakes on her test. Honiko homed in on the Mikiri and when she found him she'd walk directly up to him and speak.

"Morikawa Mikiri." she said in an authoritative tone. There was no questioning in her voice, no uncertainty. She knew who she was speaking to and had ascertained his identity with perfect accuracy. "Follow me."

Once led away to a more deserted portion of the training grounds she'd cancel the transformation jutsu and reveal herself. In front of Morikawa would be Honiko Yoshidara the legendary terrorist and foe he had faced two years ago.

"We have business to discuss Morikawa and so long as you remain reasonable you have nothing to fear. If you should choose belligerency know that I will retaliate tenfold"
    Anonymous

The Inner Recesses: A Hellish Wager  Empty Re: The Inner Recesses: A Hellish Wager

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:02 pm

Morikawa was in the midst of going over his research of fuuinjutsu as the jounin was trying to see how to improve the iron armor seal. He's conducted several different combinations that may or may not improve it. Nonetheless it was hard to know if it worked or failed when there is no one willingly taking up as a subject. Even then, Morikawa would need to acquire a bijuu in order to see how effective the seal is. The enchanter was sitting on top of a lone boulder with the sun hovering over them when he hears something was approaching. Lifting his eyes to the source Morikawa noticed the disguised Honiko, and for a moment he thought that he was looking at Calypso which was odd until he noted there was some minor differences yet still eerily similar.

She knew for certain who Morikawa was, and while he does have some reputation most genin might know him to be a chemist and doctor. A brow rose in response to the woman's statement of his name for it didn't sound like a question nor was it wavering. She was dead certain on who he was. “Yes?” Maybe the Raikage sent someone to fetch him for who knows what project? The strange part is that this person held similarities that could potentially come off as a relative to their First Raikage. Yet Morikawa has never known Calypso to own siblings at least not to his knowledge.

She told Morikawa to follow, and though a bit hesitant Morikawa closed his leather-bound journal before he follows her. Now in a different section of the field, the person in question dispelled the transformation and revealing none other than Honiko herself. Well, Morikawa knew not of her name, but her face is one thing that Morikawa has not forgotten nor has he forgotten the events that transpired two years ago. Of course Morikawa was on alert, and though he could've just sound the alarm he didn't. Because if Honiko was here, then Morikawa is ready to bet that dragon of hers is nearby. That would certainly be troublesome and currently Honiko doesn't seem to hostile for why else would she go through such effort to bring Morikawa out here?

“Business? And what business do i owe the pleasure of you seeking me out?” Morikawa asked as he was refraining from sounding anything that might come off as aggressive. Instead Morikawa secretly feels flattered that Honiko even talked to him since there is the raikage and the other potential candidates. So whatever Honiko is discussing certainly peaked his interest.
    Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

The Inner Recesses: A Hellish Wager  Empty Re: The Inner Recesses: A Hellish Wager

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Honiko looked at the scholar unblinking while she kept her hands visible. She could see on his face that he was uneasy and it wouldn't do if he jumped into action because he couldn't read her movements. She spoke in a level, neutral, and matter-of-factly tone. "The archer. The priestess. The lightning warrior....and that boy" she spoke referring to Natsuru, Ryuko, Sakata, and Yagami respectively. Some of the listed names had risen in stature and importance since she had last seen them but she would not dignify them with titles beyond what she saw fit to give them. "They are your students no? You brought them to the Valley and my Nozomi would have picked them apart like children if I had a mind to let her."  It was a bit revisionist to say that Nozomi would have defeated the group. While in absolute truth the likely outcome of prolonged combat between them would have resulted in the Kumo squad's death, the cost would have come at the Jinchurikki's ownn life. She'd steadily be pushed to the point of breaking her seal and unleashing the Beast within. Honiko wanted to gauge Morikawa's reaction to her question and statement. She guessed that Morikawa was their sensei and squad leader but it was possible that he was merely there for supervisory purposes and that the Lightning Warrior was the real leader. Depending on how defensive and angry he got she'd know if it was the former or the latter. Even if it proved to be the latter perhaps he was friends with them or that even the memory of the defeat was enough to rattle the bookworm. When he gave his reply she'd respond:

"Do you hunger for revenge? For justice? Do you wish to answer the insult my disciple paid to your squad?"

Judging from his likely response, she was certain that she would not get a rise out of him at this point. He did not appear to be that type.  Nevertheless she wanted to know if he still harbored fantasies of retribution. Even if he was not ill-tempered it was possible Morikawa was coldly calculating a path to victory for his village. A path that would see her and her Society destroyed and its members scattered. The scholars often operated that way. Bottling their emotions and channeling it into productive strategies and inventions. Her dealings with Menza crossed her mind and she suppressed a frown.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am

Though she didn’t know their names, or maybe simply did not care to say their names, Honiko listed Ryuko, Natsuru, Sakata, and Yamagi. Morikawa blinked when Honiko asked if they were his own students. If the other three heard that they no doubt would’ve laughed at the thought. “I find it unlikely that… Nozomi would’ve been able to pull that off. Or assuming she could, that would’ve been before she burned through that seal.” It wasn’t really so much of arrogance, but more of confidence as he was only meeting with the same aggression Nozomi displayed that day. The moment Nozomi had turned lethality Morikawa along with his team would’ve killed the girl. Well, perhaps it would’ve been done if Ryuko hadn’t try to heal Nozomi when she was critically injured. As the result, it allowed Nozomi to greatly wound Natsuru.

“I would be lying if i didn’t feel a little bit towards a mixture of justice and revenge. However it is more of preparing for anymore encounters that includes raiding and torching towns to the ground. For if we cannot defend our people from such destruction, how else will the citizens feel safe within our land?” Morikawa answered the second question before a thought occurred to him. “Though if i am going to be honest I’m quite curious on where the three wolves mountain is located at. Perhaps you can tell more about it?”
    Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:42 pm

Morikawa pushed back on the statement but not with the anger one would expect. The scholar didn't quite confirm or deny that they were his students but in reality it didn't matter. The bare fact that he felt the need to defend their capabilities meant he cared enough to possibly accept the wager she had in mind. As the next set of words passed from his lips though Honiko's clone sensed the ANBU approaching her real body. The clone raised a finger in the air as he finished speaking. It was a gesture commonly used when telling someone to "hold on for a moment". In response to their sudden appearance, Honiko sprouted two small dragons from her lower back. The first towards her upper back, its wings extending out from the strategically placed vents on her armour. The second doing the same, fitting its wings through a pair of slits around her armour's lower back. The Dragon Sage clone loosened her headband and allowed it to fall around her neck as a pair of horns steadily grew from her forehead. The clone looked in the direction of where the potential situation was unfolding and turned back towards Morikawa.

"Understandable" she said in response. "And prepare your village has. Their response time is impeccable." she admitted. Morikawa asked about the Three Wolves mountain which made her recall the cipher she had given him. In truth that was not the first thing she wanted to discuss but she took the scholar's initiative in stride. "The Three Wolves Mountain is located in the Land of Iron....I see that you have deciphered the code I had written" Honiko paused curious as to what he would say next. She intended to lead the conversation but she found his question interesting and wanted to know what he thought of the code without her prompting or revealing more.

Used:

Sage Art: Draco Technique
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:24 am

When Honiko held up her finger as a hold for a moment Morikawa paused on whatever he was saying. However the next piece grew interesting as two winged creatures seemed to emerge from Honiko’s lower back and crawled up to her upper back. Leathery wings extending through her armor as she reached up to her headband. After lowering the band to her neck Morikawa sees a set of horns steadily growing from her head.

“That’s new.” Morikawa commented as he meant more of a compliment, though he doubts that flattery works on this person. Honiko looked off into the distance where the heart of Kumogakure reside in before turning her attention back to Morikawa. Her comment about the village being prepared Morikawa masked his emotions as it was more of pride. Proud of his village to be on alert in cases like this where a potential threat slips through their defenses. Still he wonders how in the world Honiko got by Akame and Shimiko.

“Our village stepped up on their security, or at least so i was led to believe until you arrived within the premises.” Next part was Honiko’s answer towards his question, and Morikawa took a moment to think about it.

“Makes sense as to why i never recall seeing it before. Or heard of it rather. Still it is quite surprising the neutral territory governed by the samurai would hold such a monument.” There was truth behind his words for while Morikawa has heard of the land he’s never heard a location by the Three Wolves Mt. At least until Honiko brought it to light through the cipher. “I cannot speak for everyone in the world, but i know for certain that we Kumogakure won’t surrender nor should we sacrifice our loved ones in hopes to be spared when we inevitably perish as life should be.” Whether it was from Honiko’s own hand, some other method to their deaths, or live long enough to be reduced in leathery frail skin with old bones and multiple health problems before death comes for them. It is the one thing that all that live share in common, and they have only one life.
    Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 am

Morikawa's mixture of pride and concern did not escape Honiko. The compliment about her new form was ignored though. This form was not new as she had practiced using it countless times with her sensei. It was rare near impossible for one person to achieve two distinct Sage Modes but Honiko was no ordinary person. Her lineage was the stuff of legends and she had been trained by one of the most powerful shinobi on Earth. The Dragon Sage was known as such because this was her primary mode and given that she was in a village that knew her Snake abilities it was the perfect option to go with. Honiko could feel the natural energy zoom in to her location and coalesce around and in her body. The constant stream of energy invigorated the clone as the horns grew to their full length. She was surprised that the scholar had never heard of the Three Wolves Mountain. It was an obscure location but his type had plenty of time to sit around and read about exotic places. Even when they did not have the time they made time for it. His next words made her realize that he was not nearly as smart as she had hoped as he had misinterpreted the cipher. Either that or he was now prattling about stuff that didn't matter.

"You misunderstand me scholar. What I wrote to you was a gift. Your loved ones are already doomed and will die. I don't want your sacrifice or surrender. I want you to turn over their corpses to me when they die so that they may have the opportunity to live again."

She spelled out the cipher's meaning directly to him. She wasn't looking for him to sacrifice them to her. She was giving him the option of resurrecting those close to him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:34 pm

The white haired woman spoke of how Morikawa misunderstood her words. She considers it as a gift, and that sacrifice nor surrender is what Honiko is after. Rather, they were doomed to die either way which is fair because of the natural cycle of life. Instead, Morikawa was supposed to turn over their corpses to her so that they may live again. This raised a brow on his part as curiosity was evident, and deep down a glimmer of once scarred hope reignites. Perhaps he could finally find a way to give life into his little sister, who had died so young in the past because of a hereditary disease? Dare he hope that there was a method?

The whole reason he dedicated all of his energies into medicine and sealing was to find a way. Some way to bring his younger sister to life that only proved to be futile. There was rumors and theories that shinobi potentially could turn human corpses into actual puppets. However there was never a concrete method of doing that nor did it entail that it would initially give them life again. Just an empty puppet. To be frank Morikawa had given up that search at the beginning of his studies years ago, and instead dedicated his time trying to find solutions that would cure that same disease so that it wouldn’t happen to someone else.

“How is it they are going to be granted an additional opportunity to live again?”
    Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Morikawa's curiosity was piqued with regard to reincarnation. Honiko's offer interested him to some degree and he wanted to know more. The Dragon Sage's clone continued to gather natural energy even as the conversation continued. Morikawa asked how they would be granted the opportunity to live again. It was not a detail she was keen on sharing but she decided that this would actually be the perfect segue to a different conversation.

"That knowledge can only be entrusted to the worthy....however depending on the circumstances I would be willing to help you learn this art" she finally answered. "I propose a wager" she paused for a moment."Your Nin verses mine. If a Kumogakure shinobi wins the tournament then I will ensure that you learn the rare and delicate art of resurrection. If any of my disciples from the Society wins the tournament then you must bring me Kumogakure's Exclusive Techniques." Honiko did not even entertain the thought of another party winning. She could not see that as a possibility. She knew that Yomi was in the tournament but she was confident that the Kumogakure shinobi or Nozomi could defeat the woman and if not then perhaps there was more to the vulgar Kiri-Nin than she thought. Honiko had learned from her Sensei that each village probably kept a set of techniques that were extraordinarily rare and powerful for themselves. The Society needed to increase their strength and they needed to do it soon especially if this jailbreak was to be put into action. It was a risky gamble but almost all worthwhile wagers were. Edo Tensei was a rare and powerful technique the likes of which the ninja world had never seen before. It was hopefully an irresistible temptation for the scholar.

Normal Clone

Used:
    Sage Art: Draco Technique [30 Natural Energy Gathered]
    Chakra Remaining: 150/150
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:38 pm

There was a slight hesitation in Honiko's expression that suggested to Morikawa his question was not one to be answered lightly. Not that he truly expected an answer right away especially if this resurrection does come true. If so then it'll be a hefty price to pay or so Morikawa assumes. Instead she turns this conversation into a wager that basically puts Kumogakure's exclusive techniques in danger for one technique that may or may not be true. Morikawa took some moments to think about it. While he does have confidence that Kumogakure is strong, Mori wouldn't jeopardize the entirety of what makes Kumogakure strong.

”Not all of our techniques, but one technique for this one you speak of. And i'll be the one choosing which one you'll get if we happen to lose.” A fair trade in Morikawa's perspective. For if Kumogakure wins then nothing is lost and possibly gain a powerful technique in the process. However if they happen to lose, then Morikawa will figure out what would be acceptable to them. Perhaps even inventing a technique himself to gift to them. ”Do we have a deal then?”
    Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Honiko's neutral expression turned to one of clear disdain and displeasure. "Do you take me for a fool scholar? I am offering you the single most powerful technique in existence. The ability to raise the dead, control them, and make their power your own. Kumogakure does not possess one single technique that by itself would be its equivalent. This is why you must deliver ALL of them to me. Rest assured, if one of Kumogakure's exclusive techniques were worth what I offer you now....the Society would have taken it by force many years ago." It was a subtle threat meant to induce compliance but she would not force his hand. She genuinely wanted to test this village's mettle and what was a test without consequences for failure or incentives for high performance? Honiko had every intention of making this tournament a memorable experience for all parties concerned and she had decided that this was the best way to do it.
    Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Honiko's clone really wanted to punch this guy in the dick. It would be an undignified move and an act of aggression deserving of a response from Kumo, but it would also be very satisfying. She was under the impression that he was smart but it appeared that he enjoyed nothing more than wasting time and standing around gawking like an invalid. Honiko shook her head in disgust.

"If I had known you would have wasted my time, I wouldn't have come here. Perhaps I should call you Fool from now on as scholar was a tad generous for someone of your intellectual acumen."

Honiko's clone turned and left the field.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content