Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Twin Flames [Private]

FlashWarCry
    FlashWarCry

Twin Flames [Private] Empty Twin Flames [Private]

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:27 am

The fiery redhead skuffed up and feeling the wrong kind of naked without all of her weaponry or ryo. Was utterly livid. She had managed to get aboard a ship to smuggle her from the Otogakure to the Land of Lighting. Her latest tip on finding her long lost, and most definitely alive sister, was in the direction of Kumo.

But rather unsurprisingly she had attracted attention from unsavory characters, and even a few warning bodies weren’t enough to fully dissuade the truly persistent and stronger of them once they caught up to her. She’d been foolish, she could admit that too herself. After 8 years after running away from those who trained her since birth, to find the sister they claimed was long dead by their hands.

But she knew she was alive. She could feel it in her gut, and finally getting so close. She decided to rest for once in her life. And that’s when they came and robbed her blind. The only things they didn’t manage to steal where what little clothes she wore. But even those were in a rough shape. But her friends? The traveling companions who had seen her through thick and thin over all these years? Who where the only source of company she had to talk to over these many long years? Stolen.

And having saved her life as many times as they had. To her they were family. And she had to get them back, and if she couldn’t today, she remembered their faces, and would make sure that their end was brutal.

She could see knew she was going in the right direct due to the position of the rising sun, but she didn’t want her reunion to be with her sister seeing her inches away from where homicide wasn’t just an option. It was the option.

Unfortunately her blind rage blinded her enough to her travels that before she knew it she was at the gate. ”Fuckin’-shit-stained-limp-cock-noodles-on-a-hobo’s-ass! I wanted to calm down before I got to this place! Now I gotta find a place ta calm my nerves before I go see if Kanuchi’s really here or if I was sent on a ‘nother goose chase … and all my shit got jacked, the chum suckin’ dildos so now I got no way ta get more information on where ta find where she might be, or get off this rock to find her. GAH!!!” The redheads’s wrathful stream of obsenities terminated with a yell of raw rage.

”Yo! Guard peeps, my shit was stolen comin’ here. Y’all got a place I can chill before I go lookin’ ta see if my long lost sister’s here? Kinda don’t want her seein’ me in a blood pissin’ rage over my other family gettin’ stolen … and before ya start! My weapons saved my life enough years ta be considered family. Don’t matter none that they can’t talk back or aren’t people. There’s still family.”

[1]
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Twin Flames [Private] Empty Re: Twin Flames [Private]

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:31 am

One of the two guards, a Chuunin who was stationed on Gate Guard, was the first to spot the woman approaching.  At first, he thought it was a child-hood classmate, Niko, but considering that his unusually sharp ears heard a string of curses that would have made most people blanch, he quickly dismissed it.  It was eery how similar they were though, right down to that vibrant red hair… but his ears picked up the bit of conversation that was being said.  There was no mistaking it, she had said ‘Kanuchi’.  That was Niko’s maiden name… her family name.  It was a known fact that she was an orphan, but she was also one of the nicest people in existence.  If this person was looking for her, it could mean a whole lot of things… but considering the appearance,to include a very… well, unique physique, it was not out of the ballpark in any way to say they might be related somehow.

“Go get Niko Kanuchi.  Jounin.  Her house is in the Market area,” he said quietly to the other person on gate guard with him, who vanished nearly instantly.  Standing, he put his hands up as she approached asking for a place to settle down, to which he gave an uncertain smile.  “No worries, there’s a spot behind the shack here where no one will bother you, so long as you aren’t screaming at the top of your lungs,” ‘and where I can keep an eye on you…’  Once she was behind the building, he followed up with his instructions.  “My partner is finding Niko Kanuchi right now, and will bring her here to get you.  Just sit tight.  You got about five minutes.”

===

Niko was in a maroon turtleneck without any sleeves, her brown leather skirt serving it’s function while still letting most of her long legs to breath.  Walking around the house barefoot, she was doing some light cleaning and dusting, trying to make sure that nothing got too far ahead of her.  It was in the midst of this that she heard an anxious knock on her door, and she could tell through the barrier that the person was out of breath; this was something urgent.  In one swift motion she was at the front door, already slipping on her shoes as she opened it.

“What’s wrong?” she asked quickly, recognizing the Chuunin that was at the door as one of the ones scheduled for Gate Guard today, before he even got a chance to respond, she was getting out the door and locking it behind her, quickly spinning and making her way towards the gate at a brisk walk.  First, the guy needed to catch his breath in order to be able to talk properly, but second, she needed to know what she was walking into before she walked into it.  The man explained about a woman with similar physical description to her asking about her family name.  It could be a trick, a lost niece or something, who knew.  Niko herself knew very little about her family because they were, to her knowledge, all dead.

Aside that grim topic, this person seemed to be worrying Tetsuga, and was covered in bumps and bruises like she had been in a tussle, not to mention the odd choice in clothing combination.  Once she got the full load of information, she gave him a quick nod of thanks and leap towards the gate quickly, her Sensory active and on high alert.  This could be a trap, or a trick… both usually went hand in hand.  Approaching the booth, she noticed a small wisp of red hair behind the wooden structure and moved around the corner, eyeing the woman sitting there.  “Hey there… heard you were asking about me?”  As an intentional show of non-hostility, she sat down on her haunches, resting perfectly balanced on the balls of her feet.  Most people would see this as an opening; if she wanted to attack, now was the time.  Meanwhile there was one interesting thing of note; a pair of steel senbon stuck in her hair, easily mistaken for decoration.

Those fools who made that assumption couldn’t be more wrong.  Giving the young woman a warm smile, she waited patiently for her reply, her emerald green eyes locked onto her own brown iris.  The missing eye was noted but without looking directly at it; thanks to Sensory, she was able to take the young girl in without ever breaking eye contact.

[1][/b]
    [/b]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:32 am

When the guard at the gate told her about a bench behind the shack, she turned her head towards the left focusing her right eye at him. Hoping that even in the grip of rage he wouldn’t see her glare as a threat. She had no wish to be ending up in jail again over a misunderstanding, she’d gotten into enough of those to last a lifetime.

As her eye focused on him she gave a curt nod, ”Thank ya kindly, five minutes should be just enough time to go from blind rage to a smolderin’ anger till I can deal with those thievin’, gang of anal-greased cum goblins who stole my family from me. Those weapons are irreplaceable onna sentimental level, as I’m sure ya can understand.”

She’d stomp over to the bench and try to get her breathing under control as she fiddled with her eyepatch. A part of her was annoyed at being half blind, but in times like these it gave her a nice way to keep her hands busy while she focused her anger to a fine point and tried to get her breathing under control.

It was just as her anger slowly started to get back down when she was given a surprise she could never see coming, a red head taller than she was looked at her warm green eyes and said that she’d been asking about her. I mean the resemblance was uncanny, all the sudden the anger and rage was replaced with another emotion and one she hadn’t experienced in years.

She felt her eye water as she shifted her head slightly to focus on her. She felt her hand undo what most would consider a red sash slowly, wrapping around it a few times to ensure it had a tight grip, she’d hold it in a death grip as she’d show it to her, the end of the fabric hanging out was a gold embroidered name “Kanuchi”, with the blanket itself made of a deep burgundy, cloth of excellent craftsmanship. Having survived years of noticeably harsh conditions and still being just as good as when it was first made.

”Did’ja parents get murdered durin’ the war by the Don’yokuna Clan, who kidnapped me and told me all y’all were dead? About 15 years back? Does any o’ that ring a bell with ya?” To anyone watching, if her pale face wasn’t a dead give away, the pure desperate hope and earnestness in her voice would tell anyone that she was both shocked, and desperately hopeful.

And why shouldn’t she be. If she was right. If she finally found her. Then she’d finally prove that her sister was alive, and she wasn’t just chasing a dream.

[2]

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:33 am

Niko watched the woman extremely carefully, pouring all of her senses into being alert, all the while presenting a relaxed, calm presentation; you didn’t become a Jounin by not being careful, and baiting someone into acting if they were there to do you harm was a sure-fire way to find out their motives very quickly. But as the woman’s eye watered, she noticed the tell-tale signs of someone getting way too emotional for it to be fake, and Niko allowed herself to relax just a bit. She moved to undo the red sash at her waist, and Niko allowed her gaze to move to the object for a moment as she unwrapped it and presented the cloth.

Then her eyes went wide for a moment as the realization dawned on her.

Niko knew next to nothing about her family before her Uncle; she knew her family had perished, and as her Uncle didn’t like diving into the subject, that was about all there was to say about it. Don’yokuna Clan. Not a name she recognized. The timeline however, and the rest of the story, was far too strong of evidence to dismiss it; she was hesitant to simply believe all of this right away and without any sort of explanation, but the truth was she wanted to. She could feel it tugging in her heart, like something deep wanted to just throw her arms around the young woman in front of her and hold her tight, all in.

But her mind knew better, and allowed her to remain focused and careful.

“Perhaps.” She reached out though, not making a motion to take the blanket, but to run a single hand on the lettering. The woman’s appearance. The cloth, a prized possession. Too many things would make her not want to take a chance to see where this led, so she slowly stood back onto her feet and nodded, leaning backwards to address the gate guards. “I’m bringing her inside. I’ll take responsibility for her for now.” It was clear from her tone she would broker no argument. She was a Jounin after all, trusted with even the deepest secrets of the Kumogakure and given lives directly to tutor and mentor.

She offered a hand to get the woman to her feet, and once done, she made a gesture for her to follow and began to walk into the village. Once they were underway, she would start with the questions, because there was many, and she didn’t want to be within earshot of the guards… the one in particular had very good hearing, so she waited until they were well and away before speaking again. “So… they took you 15 years ago. How old are you now? Did they give you a name?” A couple of questions that, while simple, they were also extremely important.

[2]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:33 am

When Kanuchi’s hand went towards the blanket, the redhead felt her hands tighten in death grip, and the other twitching ready to fight to protect it. But Kanuchi simply traced a hand over the lettering, causing the redhead to relax slightly, but the answer wasn’t a clear yes, or no like she’d been hoping. It was a “perhaps”, a “maybe.” But that was more than she had in all of her life to this point.

As she was brought in, she could feel wetness fall down her face and asked the older woman, [color=crimson]”Why are my eyes leakin’? This should be a great day … if I finally succeeded in so long.”ust as she wanted to know why her body was being weird, Kanuchi had ones as well. And the redhead was quick to answer, [color=crimson]”I’m 15, and they were idiots who don’t know about the soul of the things they craft. Thinkin’ weapons, and armor they so covet are just soulless thangs. Not’a one’o them has the mind of a Weapons Master, seein’ the quirks, the ’personality’, the little spiritual nuances ya pick up when ya truly set forth ta master the blade and oneself. The little thangs that let’cha feel ‘it’. Even if they don’t have conventional souls, and can’t talk, they .. have the personalities and idiosyncrasies that make them, them. Ya know?

“So of course they didn’t give me a name. In their eyes, a weapon don’t need a name. It just needed to be forged to kill one’s enemies. Not’a one’o them ever took time to really connect to try’n become one with the thangs they made. Or really connect with all the forgin’ secrets they stole … although sorry I wasn’t powerful enough ta get our folk’s secrets. But I was just 8 when I escaped.”

The redhead hoped that was enough, but was a little worried that Kanuchi might not get it, so she decided to add, ”Listen, if ya have a favorite weapon, a companion ya trust and works well for ya. Or even just a random weapon ya got lyin’ around, I can try and guide ya through the beginnin’ steps of what I’m talkin’ ‘bout … but it’s hard ta describe how Gear has a Heart, if a person don’t really care about connectin’ with their special partner.”

[3]

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:33 am

Niko smiled gently as they walked in response to the woman complaining about her eye leaking.. “Likely a physical response to your heightened emotional state. After all, you probably didn’t dare to hope of being right, did you?” She had heard of many child soldier projects where they took away the rights of a person individually to try to make them into a hyper efficient weapon, but in almost all those cases, the slaves that were recovered didn’t have access to the emotional spectrum. While she was certain that the woman’s own was damaged, and there was definitely some instability, she knew too that the fact that they were intact put her head and shoulders higher than others on the way to recovery.

Niko listened to the woman talk about herself. 15… that timeline matched up with the story. Her insistent that weapons and armor had personalities of their own was both mismatched and spot on for the blacksmith. As someone who poured her heart and soul into her craft, she understood where she was coming from, although the shorter woman seemed to be on the ‘use’ side of the spectrum rather than the ‘make’. On the other hand, she understood this as nothing more than a means of trying to reach out, to make contact with anyone or anything to help that craving for social interaction she had been denied. “I am familiar with what you mean; when I make a blade, especially one that takes a long time, usually they start growing on me and take on a life of their own in a way. I appreciate the offer for the lesson though, perhaps another time.” They had more pressing concerns at the moment.

The fact that she didn’t have a name whatsoever was just plain sad. The fact that they were stealing forging secrets was something that made her eyes grow cold as she focused on the path ahead of them. She had escaped at eight years old meant that she had survived the past seven years completely on her own, which was a miracle in and of itself. They finally made it to Niko’s house, where the name ‘Kanuchi’ was stenciled in a Steel Plaque on the right side of the wooden door. A single layer, but relatively large home, it was a pretty modest place for a Jounin, but Niko didn’t care about the home itself so much as what was in it. Connected to the backside of the house was her forge, and then connected to that, her shop. Because they were attached, she was allowed to use the Forge itself for her crafting, but she owed a substantial amount of money, so getting access to the shop was not an option at the moment, and one couldn’t see either of the attached buildings at the moment.

“Please wait here a moment.” With that, she would enter the home, deep in thought. So many things were running through her mind, but there was a single item she needed to retrieve to make things as crystal clear as possible; she had to show irrefutable proof after all. Just spouting off something to someone who had been through so much was like spitting in the wind; wasn’t a great idea, and didn’t amount to much. But physical proof, that you could touch and feel? That was how you got to someone who had been through trauma. That, and Niko was rapidly running through a list of possible names in her mind.

Emerging with one hand behind her back, she left the door open and then brought a very familiar looking red cloth that she had been keeping in excellent condition since before she
    could remember. Presenting it so that she could take it if she wanted to, Niko gave a small smile to her, holding back her own welling emotions that she had been holding in since seeing the blanket around her waist.

“Welcome home, Shunko Kanuchi.”

[3]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:34 am

The redhead nodded at the comment of her leaking eyes being a reaction to her heightened emotions, made sense, she gave a pained grunt and replied in her pained voice, ”Yeah, this … this still don’t feel real ya’know? An’ addin’ on ta that. My other family, the weapons that’d been the only one’s ta never clash with me, an’ kept me safe all these years were just stolen. Not long after I got ta the Land’o Lightnin’. It’s how I got all these scuffs an’ shit on me.”

“An’ dealin’ with thangs is always easier if yer pissed. But, a mix of lotsa grief at the loss o’ the only ones to keep me company, an’ that I could trust ‘n love for years. An’ finally bein’ … hopefully close ta findin’ my sister I’ve been searchin’ for, for so long. Yeah. I ain’t got no nothin’ resemblin’ emotional control right now … sorry ‘bout that.”

“But even if ya ain’t my sister. Ya … ya think ya can help me find my other family? The twins, Yuri, an’ Borro. They … I need’ta save’em like they’ve saved me. Can’t disrespect ‘em by doin’ differently ya’ know? I ...”
    And with recounting the loss would weep all the harder till she could regain her composure to finish answering her questions.

At the compliment and her saying she knew what she was talking about was something that raised her spirits a little bit, but saying she’d like the lessons later. It was more than she hoped for. Most people she met, didn’t care to understand how she connected with the Gear. To them it was simply a ‘thing’, but Niko was one of the very few who actually had interest in seeing the world through her eyes. Even if they probably wouldn’t see it the same way. At the very least it might help her have someone help her word it in a way that non-Weapon Masters could get.

As they walked upon the house, the woman asked her to stay for a moment. And she did, her emotions still more than a little raw, but had calmed down a little. But when she returned holding the same blanket as she did, and said welcome home followed by a name. The recently named Shunko fell to her knees in shock her tears coming full force.

The weight she’d been carrying for all her life, the thread of fear that she was wrong and her sister wasn’t alive, the pain on being a thing rather than a person. It was like a good chunk of that was lifted, and her emotions came pouring out, ”A name, I have a name that my sister gave me … I FINALLY FOUND YOU! I-I … BIG SIS!”

And with that would be openly bawling on the streets. And like most cases with Shunko, she wore her heart on the outside, letting everyone know her emotions freely and without restraint. Such was also the case here. Her tears, and her features showed both the pain of her loss, as well as mixed with closure and immense happiness at finding her older sister.

[4]
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:34 am

Niko could feel the tears welling in her eyes at the emotional display that was proceeding before her, and moved before she realized she was doing so, scooping the small woman on the ground in one fell swoop. She had her Sensory active though, as she knew there was a small chance that she could react violently to the touch, but the odds were relatively low. Even instinctive reactions like that were usually pushed to the side in the wake of an overwhelmingly strong emotion, and as that intense feeling was definitely present, it brought down the possible threat level to tolerable levels.

Once she had her up in her arms, she brought the woman inside, shutting the door with her foot and moving to the large wooden table that was flanked by several chairs, giving the small woman a gentle squeeze of a hug before setting her down quietly and stepping towards the large kitchen. Her home was pretty modest, all things considered, and everything was obviously function before form, not much in the way of decoration or pleasantries. There was a few notable spots; a door that led to the hall towards the living quarters, the large kitchen, the large window off to the side of the house that had a bench built into it for lazing around in the sun, and a single, large wooden door that was definitely different than the rest that led to the forge. Everything was clean and tidy, obviously well maintained.

Once Shunko calmed down a little bit, giving her some time to herself and a moment to breathe on her own and process what she was going through. The sounds of cooking could be heard and an extremely good smell soon followed and Niko did one of the things she did best to brighten the spirits of anyone she was taking care of; cooking up a meal. Considering that she was looking a little thin, even with her ridiculous curves seeming like they were deflated; a week or so of good meals in this house and she would be right as rain.

She came back with a pair of platters; one of them had a large bowl of rice covered in broccoli and a dark brown sauce, the other with chicken that was wrapped in bacon. As a Kanuchi, chances were that she had an appetite on her like she herself did, and considering all the mouths she fed, food never went to waste around this house. Settling into the chair at the head of the table, she finally spoke back up. “We will get your weapons back… I understand they are important to you, but we will not be running headfirst into enemy territory until you are properly trained. I don’t know what they taught you, but I can guarantee they can’t hold a candle to a proper Kumogakure Ninja. And I won’t risk losing my little sister for anything, so you are going to have to trust me on this… alright?” Her voice was calm, reassured, and at some point while she was cooking she had rubbed her eyes to clear them of the moisture.

[4]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:34 am

Shunko felt a stab of fear at being grabbed, but the warmth and sense of emotions she had no names for, having never had a chance to know them filled her being. And she felt her arms instinctively reached up and held her big sister in a crushing attempt at a hug, mixed with death grip of a scared child clinging to comfort.

She was barely aware of anything thing till she was placed down on a chair at a long table, the gentle squeeze giving her that unknown emotion filling her. As she walked away Shunko did what she normally did when filled with emotions and needed to clear her head, she trained … sure a kitchen knife was not as strong as one meant for combat, but it was in the same spirit. That and as a largely self taught, weapon master-in-training she trained herself to treat everything she touched as a weapon.

She would stand a few feet away from the table and would go through forms using the recoil of her strikes to add force to her return strokes or when drawing her arm close for another stab. Every motion, and attack using it's force and recoil to ease into the next one. Flowing fluidly as she tried pushing herself to strike harder and faster.

The tears slowly calmed, and her loss channeled through the strikes helped her fight her pain. She felt the precision, the care, the calm strength of the knife. It’s weight and heft light but well balanced, it’s sharpness undeniable, and how quickly it responded to her movements helped calm her further. Whoever made this knife was a skilled craftsman and she would bet money, was not only precise, but put care and effort into their creations. Normally, she and calm weapons didn’t get along well, they never heated up with her, and it felt wrong wielding them, but this was oddly not the case here. Rather it was as if the blade was understanding of her, and didn’t try overpowering her fire, but supported and guided it. Almost like a family member was standing beside her reassuring her as she threw herself into her training.

But before she knew it, the smell of food hit her and drew her out of it. Looking at her sister, she’d blush, ”Uh ... I feel abit rude, but I’ve been callin’ ya Kanuchi thinkin’ that was your name … but uh? What’s your name? But sorry ta keep ya waitin’, I feel a bit better now that I’ve been able ta clear my head. An’ thank ya kindly for the food Big Sis. It looks delicious!”

And with that she’d sit down, and eagerly await to her the name of her sister. As someone who’d never had a name till today. She saw names as very important, and not knowing a name, or using it. Was the height of rudeness, even if she did end up calling her Big Sis, she wasn’t about to offend her by flat out refusing to learn her name

[5]
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:35 am

The woman wrapping her arms around her neck was another good sign; it didn’t matter if she understood it or not, but the fact that she would accept an embrace and was willing to reciprocate made her heart swell with hope and happiness. Even Oriana hadn’t gotten that far yet, the skittish woman barely allowing Niko to choke down the food that Niko gave her, and still requiring a good meter of distance from anyone else unless they are fighting.

Niko was hyper aware of everything going on around her most of the time, but in this scenario, even more so, always having her head tilted ever so slightly so that with her Sensory, even though her eyes were focused on making the food, she could see the woman performing some kind of training to help her calm herself. The fact that she was able to do it with a kitchen knife was interesting; perhaps while she had the ability to craft most anything and make it the best possible, Shunko was able to use most anything as a weapon. Something that could be explored later.

The taller redhead set the food down and blinked, realizing that she had managed to come up with a name for the younger sister before even properly introducing herself. “Wow, with everything going on it must have slipped my mind…” she started, pausing to chuckle and smile. “I am Niko Kanuchi, Jounin Ninja of the Kumogakure and Master Craftsman of the Hellforge. Niko is fine though.” That being said, she put a plate in front of the woman and gestured for her to try to food.

“I liked your Kata earlier. Impressive you can do that with something like a Kitchen Knife; most people require a tool they are familiar with. You seem to be adept at anything you can find and use… but that leads me to wonder, what is your preferred weapon? If you had to choose just one thing right now, what would it be?” Taking one of the silver Senbon out of her hair, she set it down on the table for her to inspect. She was asking of course because she intended to make the weapon for her if it was small and something she could use her remaining steel for. But she only really had enough for none-thrown weapons at the moment, so she hoped it would be something small like that… unless she used her Ebony and just had her buy some more for her when the opportunity arose.

That would work.

Once Shunko had dug into the food a bit she too would grab some; she wasn’t overly hungry, but a snack never hurt. She would use the time to broach another subject too. “You know, with your skill set, if tempered correctly, you could make a decent Ninja. It isn’t a bad way to make a living, and you might even get to work with me directly.” It was an option, but she wasn’t going to sugarcoat it either. “Probably harder and more dangerous than what they were using you for before, but that’s only if you don’t train properly or bite off more than you can chew.” She was saying these things in a relaxed tone, but the truth was that she was absolutely furious, even if you would never be able to tell behind her perfect poker face. She would be finding out more about this organization that took her, and she would be crushing them herself.

[5]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:35 am

"Nice ta finally meet'cha Niko!" Shunko crowed at the praise, puffing herself up, and looking every bit pleased with herself. "Thank ya for the compliment, and yep. Everythin' I touch is a weapon, even such improvisational weapons like rolled up magazines or newspapers, wooden spatulas, fish, other food produce … if I can pick it up or wear it. It's a weapon.”

"As for right off the toppa my head? A blade that heats up alongside me. I don't do well with calm, emotionally cool, or defensive feelin' blades. Not my style. Why I love Hessei and Issei so much. Heated up right along with me, and we're as eager as a fight as I was.

"But a … if I don't have any passionate, or aggressive blades that love a good fight. Then maybe a Kunai or a Bow? A senbon would be nice. Kunai and Senbon are too much like stray cats ta really consider family. But I did have 42 holsters and each were packed with Senbon, Shuriken, and Kunai. I need ta restart buildin' my rep as a livin' armory. Don't feel safe unless I gotta 'nough weapons to cripple, main, or assassinate anythin' at any range."

She made sure her back was to a wall, and she could see both main entrances into the room before getting started.

She stabbed the knife with surgical precision into the bacon wrapped chicken in one hand, her other guarding her plate she was leaning over with a fork held like it was a flick of the wrist away from stabbing some one.

Her head turned towards her environment, and scanning the room with a threatening glare at nothing in particular, only flickering to joy when she was talking to Niko. Her entire body screaming in body language,

Between chewing out Savage chunks of chicken around her blade, would smirk, "That'd be nice. But I wouldn't worry about danger, since I was walkin' only jobs I ever did was theivin', fightin', or killin'. If ninja trainin' is anythin' like that, you ain't gotta worry about no thang.”

"... Although … uh! As ya can expect from a runaway that was trained ta do nothin' except steal and kill, and needin' ta lay low. Only was able to get criminal work. Sucked, but ya gotta do what'cha gotta do to survive. Course that means Imma really need help in being a normal member 'o society, rather than somethin' ta be used ta do their dirty laundry. Can ya help with that?"

By now she'd have finished eating several chicken, would move to the bowl, pouring herself a mountain. While listening to Niko.

[6]

Last edited by FlashWarCry on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 am; edited 3 times in total
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:35 am

Niko had been prepared to eat some food right alongside her sibling, but had to pause as she watched the way that Shunko ate… but for the moment she focused on the woman’s words. She had been right regarding her ability to take anything and everything and turn it into an improvised weapon, something that she certainly appreciated and would be useful in the future. She would need to make sure she understood that just because anything could be a weapon, not everything should be seen as one.

A blade? She was a Kenjutsu user then, or would be once she learned the Shinobi arts… that made things pretty simple. But she would definitely have to use her Ebony for something like that; the woman’s weapon of choice was not a small one, and she hoped she could use the rest of her steel to increase her skill in the art before making something for her. She couldn’t have her sister, who would apparently become a walking advertisement for her shop if things worked out right, using something shoddy and half-assed.

Kunai, bow, senbon, shuriken. She was familiar with ninja weapons then… that was good. Niko could make some steel ones for her at her current level and the rest would sort itself out as she got better at her craft. She really needed a smeltery and crucible to make this thing something amazing… an A class weapon, later on down the line, but for now, this was fine. She was also working on some Fuuinjutsu that would be extremely useful if it panned out as a proper way to bring weapons to her from far away, something she could teach the younger sister.

She nodded to the younger woman’s insight into what was to come, glad to see that she was willing to entertain the idea of becoming a ninja. It wasn’t a horrible life, but it wasn’t a cake-walk either. She needed to understand that fact, although she had a large portion of it down pretty solid. With some concrete tutoring, Niko was certain she would pass the exams and become a Genin inside a few weeks if Niko pulled some strings with the staff there and explained the situation. “Of course I will help with your training. The heat of the forge is only as important as the temperance used to wield it.”

But with a sudden burst of movement, Niko had pulled the other senbon out of her hair and grabbed the one off the table in one fall swoop, using them in both hands to pin both of Shunko’s wrists against the table with a single hand, forcing her to stop in her tracks entirely, and she had a dangerous look in those emerald green eyes which contrasted with her pleasant tone, making Niko downright terrifying in the moment.

“Take your time eating… actually taste it. No one is going to take it from you in my house. Once it’s on your plate, it’s yours. Please ensure you actually enjoy my cooking.” Once she would make a movement showing she understood, Niko withdrew the senbon, setting them down and grabbing some food herself, eating the chicken and bacon slowly, enjoying the taste and setting the right example.

[6]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:36 am

Shunko smiled when she heard that her sister was willing to train her, but was surprised at the speed she got to her and pinned down her wrist drawing an impressed whistle from Shunko just as she got a look at Niko's face.

At that look Shunko felt her heart beating like a drum in her throat, as a massive wave of adrenaline surged from out of nowhere, and her entire body shivered with excitement as her eyes drank in a look that promised a horrifying experience as she listened to her words, unaware of the manic, almost ferally gleeful smile spreading across her face.

"You look really pretty like that, it's good ta know my Big Sis has a pretty, fun side. But yeah, sure thang … jus' maybe let me know when I'm accidentally slippin', kinda hard ta change a lifetime 'o habits in a day … that and I haven't ate anythin' in 3 days. So a mite hungry.

"Still your home, will try eatin' slower, just use somethin' ta let me know when I fall inta bad habits."

After Niko sat back down, Shunko's grin would be face splitting as her heart hammered in her chest and body felt all tingly from the endorphins, adrenaline, and other chemicals flooding her body. A bright red aura would form around her almost excitedly flickering in response to her emotions.

But she did what she was told and for the first moment since the food arrived took time to enjoy it, or at least chew thoroughly before swallowing and she was glad she did. A deep guttural moan of pleasure purred out of her throat. And with all the excitement added onto that, "I'm glad I'm wearing a Fundoshi and pants. Cause I'm moist as fuck right now. No wonder ya were adamant about enjoyin' it … mean my body feelin' excited at bein' near death helps to. Gonna have an extra fun Combat Trainin' later tonight … feel like I could punch out a bear right now."

As she'd continue to eat, purrs of pleasure and girly squees of happiness filling her as her aura died down and her happiness turned less Battle Thirsty.

[7]

Last edited by FlashWarCry on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:37 am

This was an interesting reaction, but she couldn’t say that she was all that surprised. There was bound to be tremendous psychological damage from being raised as a living weapon without even so much as a name, and while her emotions were relatively intact, the wires of what went where seemed to be crossed in an odd combination. She had become someone addicted to combat and the thrill of the threat of death… a very unstable thing, certainly, but could be tempered and controlled like anything else. The fact that it brought her arousal was a bit odd, even by her understanding the circumstances, but that wasn’t her place to say; she hadn’t really ever had that sensation herself, and doubted she would.

“Then you will eat until you had your fill, Shunko-chan… I simply wish for you to actually taste it instead of inhaling it, and try to relax.” Her normal, light tone was present now, as though she had never gotten dark in the first place. Niko was taking in the information rapidly and piecing it together, bit by bit, to better understand and be able to help her newfound sibling the best way she could. She gave her a smirk and a gentle shake her head. “You were never in danger of death, just felt my intensity whenever I get serious. And I am certain I have some more clothes around here somewhere you can change into if those need washing… and they do.” They were, after all, well used and worn, without a good washing in some time.

“And we can do a bit of training later… shouldn’t be an issue. I need to find out your stronger traits and weaker ones anyway. That said, I don’t mind whatever you say with just me, but I also need to teach you a bit of temperance when we have other people around. You talk like that in public you are going to get singled out pretty quickly… particularly in school.” The social lessons were probably going to be the most intense, and she would have to discover what made the woman tick; what she liked, and what she didn’t. Couldn’t have possible rewards without proper punishments to properly motivate someone...

[7]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:40 am

As Niko clarified what she was asking and explaining what Shunko saw was her serious side, Shunko let out a joyous laugh, ”Color me impressed, had my heart pumpin’ in my throat, and body all full a excitement … don’t know the fancy book word for it. Just that it was amazin, and made really happy all’a the sudden. I gotta see one’o these days yer angry face and violent face, just maybe not directed at me. Not cause I’d be scared, but cause it’d mean I fucked up horribly, and I don’t wanna lose ya after all this time findin’ ya … but promise me ya’ll let me see it? I really like the fact my sister has that fire like I do, an’ it’d be fun for us ta spend an evenin’ just lettin’ loose ‘n spreadin’ carnage among our targets … it’ll be like family bondin’. You, me, an’ our Gear family, just havin’ a ball.”

At the mention of new clothes Shunko’s face would scrunch up, and she’d visibly bristle, ”Only if ya promise ta take good care’o these. They’re comfy and have all the right spots ta allow me to easily conceal and draw weapons, scrolls, and aren’t restrainin’. But yeah, jus’ give me a Fundoshi, some bandages for a Sarashi, and a pair o’ Kendo pants an’ I’ll be all set. Used ta get problems findin’ clothes that fit with my tits not makin’ it uncomfortable, didn’t make a weakness by giving an enemy more ta grab ahold of for control, an’ didn’t interfere with me weapons.

“Those three things though? Perfect. Covers what needs coverin’ and don’t get in the way, although the eye patch stays. I’ll clean it and the flimsy ass lens in my socket in private. Don’t like other’s seein’ it, makes me feel ugly. But at least it served the lesson they were tryin’ ta teach. Ya lose somethin’ important if ya hesitate. Good lesson, ta be honest, sucks that I had ta learn at 6, but what’cha gonna do? Amirite or amirite?”

She’d tuck back in while listening to Niko’s talk. The joy of the food simply amazing. At the talk of her speech she shifted her head slightly to the left so her right eye could focus all of it’s attention to Niko, ”Sounds like fun bondin’, ya got any wearable weapons like Tekken, an I can do decent hand ta hand combat, but I look forward to it.”

“But what’n the hells wrong with the way I talk n’ what’s booze gotta do with it? Although I don’t mind gettin’ singled out, it’ll be more fun if they try ta make a problem where there is none. An’ I never say no to a fun fight. If that what they’re after, I’m more’n happy ta oblige.”

And she was too. The thrill of a good fight, the chance to push herself to the limits, and the promise of a good time … well for her anyways.

[8]
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:41 am

The fact that ‘spreading carnage’ was considered ‘family bonding’ was a bit much, even for Niko, but she didn’t make any outward indication of her regret for the upbringing that brought Shunko to that stage in her mentality. It wasn’t the younger sister’s fault after all, and even though she was only three at the time when it happened, she still hated herself for not knowing she had a younger sister in the first place. The fact that she had forgotten most all of that ate at her soul and hurt more than she cared to admit, even though the logical side of her mind knew that there was nothing she could have done at that age.

Because partially, she hadn’t wanted to know.

Her Uncle didn’t like to talk about the incident where he lost his sister and brother-in-law’s family, and never really got into details about any of it. She knew it was painful for him, but more so for Niko who wanted to know, but at the same time, didn’t ask the questions because it hurt too much to dig. If she had the courage, she could have known she had a sister earlier… been able to search for her, maybe find her before this all had become so ingrained into the woman that thrill seeking actually turned her on and killing was something enjoyable.

Niko took in a deep, calming breath and shifted the conversation to the clothing.

“You have to dress the part depending on what you are doing. You go to school in that and you are going to stir up a calamity amongst the other students… probably staff too. And besides… I haven’t made you any weapons yet, so you need to be patient about hiding them.” Besides, she was working on custom Fuuinjutsu that would make hiding them a moot point; they would literally have them sealed inside their bodies, just waiting to be summoned. But it was still in the trial and error phase, so only time would tell how it would pan out.

“First things first, I greatly dislike alcohol. Avoid it if you can. Second, you are going to have to train harder than you ever have in your life if you want to make this work… and I do mean that. By the time I am through with you, whatever hell was in your past will seem like a happy memory.” Mostly because she was going to drill academics into her mind with all the intensity that she had, and considering how hard she worked, often falling asleep in the forge and not caring about her own wellbeing in comparing to accomplishing the goal, Shunko was in for a wild ride.

It helped that she would be adapting rapidly on the fly; figuring out the best ways to teach her and incentivise her to push herself along with it. “Third, fighting is only authorized in self defense and when either myself or an instructor condones it until you are a full fledged Genin. Understood so far?” Teacher mode was on already… and it was clear from her tone, these rules were not to be broken easily, if at all.

[8]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:43 am

At being told she would have to wear clothes Shunko blanched and gained a slight battle between blush and green tint to her face as her stomach tired to backflip while full of food, "C-c-clothes? I … I got a little phobia about clothes past a certain extent, if it were upta me, I'd wear nothin' but my weapons.

"Ya see … I ain't had someone ta tell me what was happenin' to my body as it was developin', an' ya'know how tender breast can be when their comin' in. Slightest bit 'o pressure in the wrong way, or wrong direction feels like your nips are being ripped off with pliers. Everythin' hurts. And it sucks.

"Now imagine that, but ya ain't gotta clue on what's what, ya can't have it to baggy cause, won't hurt, but snags when drawnin' a weapon. And gives hand holds that are control points to yer enemies. Which means ya have a higher chance of bein' killed.

"Ya can't have it tight an' rubbin' ya wrong. Cause bein' hurt means ya got an exploitable weakness. And again, higher chance of dyin'.

"This here? Was my solution. Nothin above the waist ta grab. And below the waist, is versatile enough to be extra dangerous.

"But since then? Kinda avoid anything that hinders my weapons. Or can get me trapped or killed … that … and I'm already feelin' unsafe an' naked in a bad way without havin' a weapon or two on me. Honestly … the shock of findin' you, and the weird, squeeze thing ya did gave me a bit of the feeling o' safety that was recently, forcibly stolen … but it's not like ya can wrap me in that thingie 24/7."

At being told about the no booze policy Shunko nodded, "Only drink myself when other's give it to me, but I try warnin' 'em first I can't really hold my liquor. Blacks me out quick.

"O' course they usually get all smiles and laughs, like their gonna be upta somethin'. Next day I need ta book it outta town cause of the property damage. So … no real problems there. And I've only drank Scotch so far, tasty but not good for the memories.

"As for trainin', I'll do whatever trainin' ya can throw at me … as long as it ain't books or writin' never had the need ta be able ta read a map, name of a target, and basic descriptions. So less won't, and more ain't that good at'em.

"I am pretty good at math though, how I know if I'm getting stiffed on a job. So Training won't be a problem. I'll train non-stop day and night if I have too."

She saw the seriousness in Niko's eyes about the no fighting rule. And if the clothes thing made her pale, that role made her look absolutely terrified, "does that mean no personal trainin' at all hours of the day and avoid havin' fun or stress relief at all cost? Cause I ain't ever know anythang else but violence … it … it's what I was made for. I don't know how to do anything but that and crime. And I wanna be legit, and be with ya now that I found ya … but what am I if not a weapon? Worse, a weapon that ain't bein' put to use?"

[9]
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:44 am

Niko raised an eyebrow as she claimed that she had some sort of clothes phobia, not really thinking that could be such a thing, but willing to listen, and waiting patiently for the younger sister to explain. Nodding, she understood where she was coming from. The green eyed Jounin had already finished growing, but Shunko was still developing and growing, not that she needed any help in the curvature department; her chest was probably heavier than her own, which was insane.

Niko would then move to a closet and open it while she explained about the booze, her skills and weaknesses, laying out a compression tight-suit that was meant to be worn underneath other clothing and would help the woman keep her ample assets in place, something she herself had worn when she was still growing into her body. Next to it was a few sets of clothing that would fit her and with the help of the compression suit, wouldn’t be a problem as far as the chafing went. They were pretty typical casual clothes, but would be school appropriate. Indicating the black suit first she started.

“Wear this as a base layer; it holds everything in place and will keep anything from rubbing the wrong way… I had the same problem a few years ago so I do understand… and I can explain what is going on with you easily enough, but tomorrow. You are going to need your rest, because come the morning, the real work begins.” She was going to have to set some ground rules and goals it would seem, and she turned around to give the younger sister a bit of privacy to change so that she could wash those pants and discard the bandages; there was more of that stuff around here anyway.

“No alcohol, because it makes you a more dull edge.” It was a start, and she thought that the woman would be able to appreciate that she was relating her to a weapon, as she was familiar with, and would slowly work on making her feel like a person rather than a tool. “Your lessons will be attacking your weakness, so plenty of books and such, but we will start slow. The better you do in your book lessons though, the more time you will get to spar with me, one on one, so I hope you give it your all. That should hopefully sate your desire to fight, no?”

Hearing that she was done changing, her ears ever sharp, she turned back around and pointed towards the uniforms and casual clothing. “You will have to wear one of those outfits if we have company or if you leave the house, but wearing just that suit while its just us in the house is fine. Sleep is important too, because your mind hasn’t gotten as much exercise as your body, so these lessons will wear you out quicker than you think. Questions?” Crossing her arms, she waited for the inevitable questions that would follow, because she knew there would be some, and she was ready for them.

[9]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 am

Shunko watched in apprehension as Niko laid out clothes, and told her about what to expect. And as she promised earlier it was going to be greuling. Although being compared to a blade made a happy smile at the analogy followed with an affirmative grunt. But that she was going to have to train with books.

“So I gotta learn how ta spell ‘n stuff? And actually read books? Is there like a speedier version where ya can … I don’t know throw books at me till I get osmosis or somethin’? That’s how osmosis works right? Ya hit somethin’ enough and it learns it lesson?

“Cause it’s gonna be a lotta work on both of us to get me to be able to read good. But yeah, if we can spar every day, and ya can watch over me do my mornin’ and evenin’ practice. That’ll sate it good, especially if ya give me that serious face from earlier. Maybe dig deep and throw on a scarier face, really get my blood pumpin’, and satiate my need to clash against somethin’ strong and horrifyin’ to force me ta get stronger quick. It’ll be fun, I get my need for fightin’ outa my system. You get a person who ain’t ever gonna be afraid o’ you, an’ll love ya no matter what. And we can have fun while yer trainin’ me to get better physically. It’ll definitely motivate me to do well on my weak spots.”

And it was true. If Niko’s serious face heated up her warrior spirit, and need for violence. Then something even deeper and darker would be like her birthday came early, which brought to mind, ”Sorry ta ask this outta the blue, but do ya know when my actual birthday is? I never celebrated it before, an’ had the thought of how excitin’ it’d be to see ya dig deeper than your serious face would be like my birthday comin’ early … but then I never celebrated it, hell don’t know when it is. So can’t really grasp why that sayin’s a thing, so thought I’d ask ya.”

As Shunko was handed the compression suit she quickly started undoing her Sarashi while wiggling out of her pants. She never had a sense of modesty or propriety before, and when changing or doing laundry had always went by the maxim “one spot was as good as another”. By the time Niko turned around Shunko would already be in the suit.

Bending and twisting getting a feel for it. While looking at the clothes laid out apprehensively, ”Why can’t I just wear this? It’s actually really comfy, Don’t snag or nothin’. But if i had ta choose … what’s best in a fight, and wouldn’t interfere with drawing or using weapons?”

She’d wait to hear from it before asking a few needed question, ”Yeah I got a few …First, ya got any weapons I can snuggle with tonight? For as long as I can remember my Gear Family has watched over me as I slept and kept me safe. But now there gone, I need weapons near me when I sleep so I know I’ll be okay lettin’ my guard down … no offense. I’ve let it down plenty near ya. But sleepin’ is a whole nother game. Having yer weapons there to watch over me and snuggle with me would make me feel much safer.

“Second, What was that squeeze thingie ya did ta me when I broke down cryin’? And … what do I need ta do to get more o’ those? It … it felt safe for a bit. And a whole bunch o’ emotions I have no idea what they’re called.

“An’ if ya had somethin’ wearable that was like that, I wouldn’t mind wearin’ that.

“Lastly … if this is too much ta ask for let me know. When yer makin’ my blade, It needs to be filled with passion and hunger. When I get heated up, and draw it, it needs to be right there ready ta fight. It needs ta strike with ferocity without bein’ to heavy handed, or defensive.

“But most important for me. Can ya dig deep, find that darkest, blood thirsties, most violent part o’ ya. And channel it inta the blade? Purge yerself a bit of carryin’ that around, an let me carry a part a that passion and Battle Hunger? It don’t need to be a fancy sword, jus’ as long as it can keep up with my Battle Hunger. That an’ it’ll be like I’m carryin’ two special things; somethin’ ya made for me, and a part of ya that ya hide from everyone else cause they can’t handle us Kanuchi’s when where on a tear.”

[10]
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 am

Niko waited until she finished speaking, and then replied in order that she got the information a smile on her face for the first bit. “Reading, writing, proper grammar when speaking… we won’t change who you are, but you will be representing both of us, and I intend to uphold the outstanding position we have in this village with you right there next to me. No shortcuts.” Although she had to admit the idea about Osmosis was entertaining to picture in her mind.

“I realize that it is gonna be a lot of work… but you will appreciate these skills later on in life. And no, no practices for now. You know how to fight… you will be studying from the moment you wake up until our afternoon spar, which I will postpone if you don’t take these lessons seriously. Trust me… you won’t have enough energy to practice when I’m done with you.” She gave her a confident smile, but it was the truth. Assassinations were a skill, the art of killing important, and usually one of the hardest skills to learn… but the reverse was also true. When you didn’t have the instinctive drive to hold back and not kill your enemy when the situation didn’t demand their life, it could be just as bad as hesitating when the situation did call for it. The thought of hesitation made the eye flash in her mind for a moment, but she managed to not look there instinctively.

Her desire to see Niko get ‘scary’ was something off-putting, but she didn’t let it actually push away from the woman. It wasn’t her fault that her wires were crossed, and she had to dedicate some time to uncrossing them; having a bit of a desire to fight was a good thing, but she was overflowing with it to the point where it became an actual attraction, and that was something that would get her killed. The idea that she could lose her little sister after finally having a real blood family member in her home made her resolve in her mind to help her with that part of herself, teach her the right way to do things, and where lines needed to be drawn.

A deep pit of sadness hit Niko like a brick, but she managed to keep it from showing on her face, as the woman asked when her birthday was. The truth was, she didn’t… she didn’t even know when her own birthday truly was, and her Uncle just used the day that she had been adopted by him for it. It was about right anyway. By the time he knew his end was coming and that kind of information would be important to figure out, his mind was too far gone for him to be of any use. “No… I’m sorry. I don’t really know when mine is either… so let’s just share the one I use for now, OK? July 1st.”

Niko gathered the garments and put them gently on the table, intent on washing them when she got the chance, tossing the wrappings into the trash. “I have fresh bandages,” she would declare before Shunko had a chance to protest, knowing that she might want to put them back on at some point. The suit she was wearing made every single curve the woman had stand out like a freaking swimsuit model, so when she complained that wasn’t the only thing she could wear, she knew that they were going to have to have a talk tonight about her ‘body’ and it’s ‘developments’ which was probably going to learn into the Birds and the Bees, and how hormonal teenagers were nothing she could avoid.

But in a bit… for now, short ranged goals.

“Your going to have to trust me on this one. You can wear that underneath, but it can’t be the only thing you wear. I’ll explain why here in a little bit once we get you settled in…” and that brought her to the last topic; she didn’t feel safe, and apparently wanted more hugs. It was impossibly cute… and there was an easy solution for all of this. “I make you feel safe, right? So for tonight, you can sleep with me. Sleeping with weapons nearby is smart, but I’d rather you not stab yourself on accident because you had a nightmare. And then I can give you ‘hugs’ whenever you want them… that’s what the ‘squeezing thing’ is.” As if to punctuate this, she moved close and wrapped her up in a firm but comforting hug.

“As far as you getting a blade, I always put my heart and soul into what I make, so I doubt it will be anything I have control of when I make it as to ‘which’ emotion gets into it… but I’ll have you help me make it. We are going to need to get you the material you want anyway… but that won’t be until you graduate from the actual Academy. I can make you some Steel Kunai between now and then, but no actual blades until graduation.” She knew this was going to be something of a point of contention, but that was fine. She couldn’t coddle her if she was going to make it in this world, because she was already both behind and ahead of the game… and it was time to gain that balance.

[10]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 am

At hearing that her training would leave her too tired to practice Shunko gave a small laugh, ”I once ran for two whole days non-stop while givin’ the peeps the Don’yokuna Clan try payin’ ta catch me an’ bring me back. An’ if I can have the stamina for that, I think I can do whatever trainin’ I need ta do if all I’m doin’ is sittin’ around. I’ll definitely need our afternoon spar to make sure I don’t get soft from all that sittin’.

“But I do agree that’ll be the hardest trainin’ of my life. But if a good fight’s on the line, ain’t no way I’m gonna do anythang but me level hardest.”

“July 1st? That ain’t to far from now! An’ … I finally get ta have a birthday, and best of all! I get ta share it with my Big Sis Niko! It’ll be the best day ever! Although … uh! What happens in those anyways? I heard they were a thing, but other than somethin’ called cake, don’t know what it is. Just that people think it’s important.”

She looked at the clothes, as Niko told her that they needed to talk about her body, and other stuff that apparently were important things in society, but looking at the clothes she started feeling her body shaking, and face grow pale, ”I’ll let ya choose. Just … somethin’ that’ll make me not freak out that I’m offerin’ people an easy openin’ ta attack … I know! I know! Ain’t supposed to be carryin’ weapons or gettin’ inta fights. But a lifetime of nothin’ but fightin’ for survival ain’t somethin’ that can be broken overnight … and clothes make me all jittery an’ nervous … so … Imma trust ya to pick. Cause I can’t even comprehend most o’ these things … I mean ya saw my clothes, been wearing that style since I was ten. So … anything’s good?” She’d ramble in nervous indecision, and it was true. To her all of those clothes looked equally terrifying and vulnerable. But she knew Niko wore clothes, and she was pretty strong, so she’d have a better eye for what’d be good for her to wear.

Then came the biggest surprise of her young life. When Niko asked if she made her feel safe Shunko gave an embarrassed smile and a nod. And then Niko gave her a hug as she called them. When Niko wrapped around her she’d notice her muscles singing with nervousness and tension that she’d been subconsciously carrying since their talk. And bit by bit the muscles would slacken as Shunko tried to return the hug. Not having any control over her strength, or moderation, it was quite a bit tighter than Niko’s but the attempt at mimicking could be felt.

It didn’t take long for Shunko to start gently crying onto Niko, clasping onto her for emotional support, ”This is the most best thang I’ve ever felt! It’s better than a hundred fights … it … I usually need almost fifty weapons on me to feel anythang half as good as this.

“I … I don’t know what I’m feelin’ but a part o’ me can’t remember feelin’ this happy an’ safe.”

And she’d just sit there returning the hug for all she was worth as Niko continued talking. Normally hearing no blades till Graduation would have her up in arms wanting to find some point in time when she could be with the things that understood her best. But at the moment? The hug was the most important thing in the world, ”If I can keep gettin’ these hugs everyday, an’ we can at least spar, I’ll be good with that … I never knew I’d find somethin’ better than fightin’ and killin’. But … I ... I,” She’d shake her head and wiggle closer as she rested in Niko’s arms. Her body radiating a pure and innocent happiness, and a familial love that radiated out from her in waves, as if subconsciously responding to Niko.

”If what ya make is the same thang I’m gettin’ from ya now, it’ll be the first time I ever would be able ta connect with a blade full’o love an’ goodness. Kinda actually makes me feel shame for my past a bit … kinda like I’m in the presence of somethin’ pure an’ good, that’ll be there when I need it. I … can ya help me move away from a life’a crime ta be someone who makes ya proud? I wanna be someone that is worthy of gettin’ these hugs.”

And she’d just sit there holding and being held. All the tension, all the stress, all the need to be on guard all the time, being slowly washed away in the embrace. Silent tears of an emotion she had no name for softly dampening Niko’s sweater.

[11]
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 am

Niko narrowed her eyes with a very confident smirk at the fact that she could outrun non-ninja individuals… sure the circumstances were less than ideal, but if she thought that would hold up against a Jounin, she was sorely mistaken. She would find out tomorrow… best let her think she has the upper hand for the moment so that when it does happen, she would have no choice but to take whatever Niko warned her of seriously when it came to her training. There wasn’t a snowball’s chance in Suna that she would be getting ‘soft’.

Niko nodded at the date that would serve as their birthday. It wasn’t that far off at all, of course, and they would both be a year older at least, on paper. Maybe that was something she could do more digging on at some point, because the truth of the matter was that she didn’t really celebrate her birthday; she was always busy taking care of other people and never really worried about herself. If it wasn’t for the fact that she had a reminder on her calendar she would probably miss it entirely… but now she had a reason to look into it, as it was something that Shunko was excited for. “I’ll ask around, find out what a birthday celebration is supposed to look like.”

Because for Shunko, more than likely, it would be her first ever celebration.

Then came the topic of clothing, and Niko hefted a deep sigh, smiling and rolling her eyes, and then put her hand on the cimple while sleeveless shirt that went with a blue skirt and a pair of black knee high boots. “This one will fit you well and allows you complete range of motion. And, just so you know, all these clothes? I made them myself… so it’s like you are close to me when you wear them.” She would of course make more things for Shunko, as having a single outfit was a horrible idea, but she had a feeling she would be making armor before much else.

Niko would take her hand and press it to the fabric gently. “See? Their soft. Comfortable. And I think you’ll look great once we get your hair washed and brushed.” That was all that really needed to be said on the subject, and Niko let it drop as they moved on to the hug that they would stay in for a time. She didn’t get to hug many people, so having at least one person she could show physical affection for was a good change of pace. She felt her tense up greatly, but try to hug her back with great strength; if she wasn’t as tough as she was, it would have possibly be painful. In a show of strength, she coiled her own muscles, forcing her to loosen up just a bit, and then relaxed, giving her just the right amount of pressure.

She felt the woman start to cry and she put a hand on the woman’s head, holding her tightly against her body to comfort her. “This right here… this feeling… this is what I fight for. What I make weapons and armor for. This is what those tools are meant to defend and protect. While your sword may be an extension of yourself and you can cherish them, it cannot replace true human connection. This is what we stand for, with all our armaments, to preserve.”

She had heard the woman’s tone change from brash and aggressive to a little rough around the edges, but soft and innocent. There was hope that she could recover from this without a doubt. She even claimed that she wanted to be ‘worthy of the hugs’ and become a better person, which was all that she needed. If she kept that mindset, achieving that goal wouldn’t be hard at all. “Of course Imouto-san (little sister). We will work hard together so you can become proud of who you see when you look in the mirror, that I promise you.” Niko would sit there with her for hours if that was what she needed, just let her cry it out and feel safe, truly safe, for the first time in her life in her arms.

[11]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 am

Shunko was still feeling a course of excitement of her first birthday, when Niko picked out her clothing, she told her that she was the one to make them. And it would be as if Niko was there alongside her, it dulled the fear a little bit, knowing that she would be closer to her sister than just her blanket she’d kept for all these years. It was still scary, and she was a little unsure, but she’d trust her. Not to mention the uniform was quite comfortably soft.

When talked about getting her hair washed and brushed it reminded her that she hadn’t had a bath since yesterday before getting to the boat that brought her here. Well if one counted dipping in a river and scrubbing dirt off her body as a bath, but a hair brushing was a rare luxury, but the compliment that she’d look great afterwards made Shunko feel a blush spread across her face, ”Nah! I ain’t that special to look at, and I ain’t had a hair brushin’ in quite some time. To expensive of a luxury, but it’ll be nice ta get all nice’n washed up … but thank ya for the compliment, but ya don’t need ta lie about it, to save my feelin’s none. All I got goin’ for me is lots o’ muscle, and even more passion. You on the other hand look better’n I do.” ”

And in Shunko’s opinion it was the truth. Sure people gave her weird looks sometimes, but that wasn’t her problem, all that mattered was she was a good enough weapon to survive to harsh realities of the world. Her body past it’s ability to fight wasn’t all that special.

But it was the hug that really hit her hardest. And in the depths of her tears, she heard Niko talk. Saying how important human connections were, what a Niko made her weapons to fight for, to preserve. And it hit Shunko all the harder, ”I ain’t never had this before … all my life since … since …,” She’d pause and her hand went up to her eye patch, whispering to herself that she trusted Niko, removed it and looked Niko right in the eyes. Niko would see for the first time the empty socket, only held up and conformed to an eye socket shape by a rather haphazard looking, clear glass orb. Shunko’s face showed her vulnerability as she gazed at her.

”Since I learned the price ta pay for hesitatin’ and not wantin’ to kill. Even before than, all I ever had were my weapons. When I got my eye ripped out, they were there ta comfort me; when I was runnin’ away and was afraid, they gave me strength; when I had noone ta talk to, and felt like I couldn’t go on, they were there to be my faithful companions and stalwart friends; when my life was in danger, they saved me; when I felt lost, and didn’t know where ta go, they helped push me ever forward.

“It’s different than jus’ an extension … it’s a gest-gast … ghost salt? A merger of partners, what I wanted ta share with ya earlier. When two individuals form a bond, an’ work on becomin’ one, where ya can understand each other, an’ become greater … but that’s the only bond I’ve ever known … why I call ‘em Family. Cause till now? It’s the only family I’ve know.

“Humans though? I … I guess I really did get thangs backwards. Cause I never had that before … noone ever wanted me for anythang but violence and bloodshed; ain’t never had anyone who ever saw me as anythang but a weapon to use ta do their dirty work. But if this is what I was missin’ … I … I really want ta protect this. I wanna be able to wield those weapons ya make, an’ make lotsa human connections.”

And she just let it all go. Niko’s promise to help her be able to be proud of who she saw in the mirror, made her feel all the more hopeful. And she’d just stay there for a time. Just letting her heart take the first step towards healing.

After awhile she let loose a powerful yawn, the events of all this emotional turmoil catching up to her, ”What do we do now? And where do we go from here?

[12]

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 am

It seemed like she was able to relax at least a little bit when it came to the clothing which was comforting… at least enough to where looking at them wasn’t making her shake. She decided to add just a hint of a bit of icing onto the cake. “I wore these when I was a bit smaller too, and if they require any alterations I can do them pretty easily.” She was, after all, pretty handy with a needle and thread, and considering that Shunko’s chest was not only larger than her currently, but considerably larger than her three years ago, she was pretty sure she would need to make some room in the chest area.

The blush she gained at the compliment was immensely cute, but the way she started down-playing herself was dangerous. As curvaceous as her little sister was, it wasn’t a stretch to say that she was certain she would be gaining a relatively considerable number of followers and admirers straight out of school. She took a moment to address this issue directly. “I’m going to give it to you straight. You are sexy as hell. Way more than I was at your age, and I had people giving me that hungry look all the time… and that was with me wearing more clothes than I am recommending. I’m not bad, sure, but you are selling yourself short, and I won’t tolerate you badmouthing yourself. Unless you literally want to cause problems in school, your gonna have to trust me on this one… and be careful. You cause too much of a ruckus, you’ll get kicked out, and then I can’t put you on my team…”

It was the first time she had mentioned the idea of the little sibling working for her directly, but it only made sense; she would know what the best ways for her to develop were, and guide her in a manner that would never get taken out of context. The Raikage knew who she was, so any thoughts that Shunko would receive special treatment was non-existent. If anything, she was going to be held to an even higher standard and expected to represent the both of them when she found herself alone, so she had better hold true to her promise of wanting to protect them both in that way.

“That aside, I think just a washcloth washing for now, and then we can hit the baths tomorrow; they aren’t far and they let me in for free because I fix their equipment sometimes. With the training schedule I have in mind, you are going to want to wash up afterwards...” There was an odd, almost dark tone to her voice just then, like the promise of something grueling and possibly torturous for the shorter red-head.

Niko didn’t even flinch, her eyes only passing over the socket for a few moments and making a mental note to look into some sort of Iijutsu specialist or something that would allow her to help heal her sister’s eyes and give her back that part of herself. She had heard of it being done… certainly there was a definite possibility. Not like she was asking to steal a Sharingan and slide it in there. Niko did nothing but give her a smile, and then with the gentle tenderness of the softest of touches, placed her lips on the top of the eye, giving it a gentle kiss. “That isn’t the cost of hesitation… it’s the idiotic method of their instruction. And if I ever find out who did this to you, I will hunt them down and gut them like a fish.” There was something about how sweetly she said those words that would probably utterly terrify most people, but it was directed elsewhere.

“There is nothing wrong with bonding with your weapons… but just remember that they are only as sharp as your use for them… what you wield them FOR is more important than how much you love them as individuals. Who you use them to protect… what principles you stand for. Becoming one with your weapons is something I do all the time, more than most, since I create them from scratch… and you have to treasure the human connections certainly, but you cannot give those connections out to anyone and everyone.” This part of the conversation was tying into the self-worth from before.

“They have to be worthy of you forming that connection. Respect is earned, not bought or given freely. Worthy of you raising your blade for.” That was the last she would say before moving the pair of them into the bathroom slowly, grabbing a rag and then stripping herself while it soaked in a bucket of warm water. “For now, let’s get cleaned up and get to bed. I got some pajamas you could fit pretty easily… and if you think that uniform was soft, you have got to try the silk ones. Amazing…”

Not really thinking much of it, she spun Shunko around to where she was facing the other way and began to wash her back, the one area no human alive could scrub themselves.

[12]

FlashWarCry

Post by FlashWarCry Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:47 am

The thought that she was going to be wearing her Big Sis’s clothes, and that she had people give her that hungry look too, cut her trepidations, she normally had for clothes down a few more pegs. In a way it would be like having her sister with her when she wasn’t around, and would be much harder to steal from her than the blanket she had spent her life protecting. More importantly, Niko was willing to alter her clothes to allow the difference in figures better suit Shunko. And that brought an even bigger smile to her face.

Although the compliment on her figure made her blush go brighter. There wasn’t really any attraction to Niko past an artistic admiration like she’d give a nice weapon, but it was still odd to get compliments. And was something that put her completely out of her depth, [color=crimson]”Shucks … I ain’t used ta people complimentin’ me. It’s makin’ me all what’cha call it? Not really embarrassed, jus’ ain’t used to it,”[/crimson] deciding to throw in a joke she added, her voice getting a cocky and genial tone, ”Although ya should probably be careful about complimentin’ me. You don’t wanna stroke my ego too much. Else I might get a big head and I might float away like a ballon or somethin’.”

The tone Niko used to hint at their training. Sent chills up her spine, and a face splitting grin that lasted till she decided to show herself to Niko. It was a moment of truth for her, and when she felt a kiss on the eye, she felt her breath catch. Niko hadn’t just accepted her admittedly rough personality, she hadn’t even just accepted her rather … unique quirks, but in that moment. Shunko felt something she never had before, someone accepting her fully for who and what she was. And was speechless, a grateful and happy smile spreading across her face.

But her comment on her plans to do to them, sounded a lot like she wanted to do it alone, ”Honestly it’s somethin’ I wanna take ya with me when I go after them … when I’m stronger, cause after what they’ve done ta our family. Ya deserve ta get that, an’ our families craftin’ secrets. But if I don’t face ‘em … if I keep runnin’ like I have been? Then I’ll always have that shadow over me ya’know? I’ll still have a parta me that’s been runnin’, scared, an’ only thinkin’ on survival … but yeah. That clan’s gotta lot ta answer for. An’ I wanna do it as a family, I wanna be able ta take back that parta me. Won’t get me my eye back none, but it’ll be what it represented … although with them sendin’ people ta hunt me. I’m sure ya’ll eventually learn even more about ‘em, when the hunter’s catch up ta me here.”

“It’s jus’ I spent the last 7 yrs fightin’ my way ta get to you, an’ ta get stronger so I would never be defenseless or hesitatin’ again. If they die before I can get back that part’o me … it’ll be like they won y’know? Like, after all I went through, they evaded facin’ me and threw all that trainin’ down the drain … does that make any sense?”

As Niko got the washbin and rag and was telling her about making connections, she’d ask innocently, ”How do I know what people’re worthy of formin’ bonds with, an’ which one’s ain’t? I don’t wanna be the kinda person that just blows everyone off, or makes it hard to “earn my friendship” if that’ll just cause problems. I wanna try ta make some bonds, an’ maybe more’n a few fun sparrin’ partners. Get close to them like I do ta my blades.”

After that, she melted at Niko washing her back, her sensitive body making little jumps and twitches as it touched a particularly sensitive part of her back. Eliciting happy giggles, that felt alien to Shunko, but didn’t sound bad at all.

When it was her turn, she’d give meticulous attention to Niko’s back, not as much scrubbing, as much as polishing the skin the way she’d polish a blade. Looking it over at all angles, and giving soft rubs over the passed area to make sure it was as perfectly polished as possible. It being her first time cleaning another, it was strange, but not fully unwelcome.

[13]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:47 am