Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Kiri/Kumo Dual Mission! (Yoshitsune)

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

A Kiri/Kumo Dual Mission! (Yoshitsune) Empty A Kiri/Kumo Dual Mission! (Yoshitsune)

Post by Peragus Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:54 pm

Mission Name: Subject Gathering [Repeatable]
    Mission Type: Combat
    Mission Rank: B
    Mission Goal: Capture and Kill the Bandits.
    Description: A tribe of bandits has been located outside the village forming an organized group with guards and scouts. Though at the moment they aren't a high threat, they're a bunch of criminals that need taken out (D to C-Rank NPC, ~20 of them). The Ryuutei Clan has paired with Kirigakure to deal with them, the Ryuutei offering a way to dispose of the criminals as training subjects for their young and food in return for offering to come through and take care of the cleanup themselves after the job is done.
    Payment: 25,000 Ryo
    Requirements: 1 C-Class Ninja or 2 D-Class Ninja.

Today would be an interesting morning. For today Calis was to go on a mission with a shinobi from another village entirely. The Chuunin Exams were here, and Hana had given visiting shinobi permission to go on missions within the village with her shinobi. Presumably it was to raise coordination and trust between villages. It was also a fun tactic for the shinobi in question for it let those participating in the exams to learn more about their potential competition. Today his partner was someone named Yoshitsune. He would be the first to arrive at the gates and would settle down to wait patiently for as long as it required. Their mission was to eradicate an organized group of bandits. Apparently the villages Ryuutei Clan had offered to deal with the disposal. Calis wasn’t interested in learning how they would do it, but he would trust that they would be..thorough.

Wearing his usual black shihakusho and white haori the genin would stand tall in the morning mist as he waited. The symbol for Kirigakure proudly imprinted upon the back of the haori. He was representing his village on this mission and he would prove that they were no shinobi to take lightly. He wagered friendly competitions and rivalry’s were sparking up across the village as shinobi from differing villages ran into one another. It was good, so long as no one let it get to their heads and do something stupid.

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

A Kiri/Kumo Dual Mission! (Yoshitsune) Empty Re: A Kiri/Kumo Dual Mission! (Yoshitsune)

Post by Yoshitsune Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Yoshitsune would find very quickly upon arriving to Kirigakure for the exams that the meager amount of money she had brought with her was completely insufficient. She had survived in Kumogakure simply by living frugally and in a rather inexpensive part of the city, but the apartment that had been so kindly provided to her in Kirigakure for the exams was located close to the village’s Academy, and thus in a rather centralized and well off area. She didn’t have the same luxury of buying discounted rice or being able to scavenge off the land when in the center of what was likely a tourist destination with all the prices jacked up with the event in mind. What little wealth the genin had was quickly drained dry, and she found that if she wanted to eat that she would have to do work.

The thought of it made her pout a little bit. This was supposed to be her island vacation! If she had to work while doing it, and also prepare for the big exams event, what was the point? It was just like double work then while away from home. Plus, wasn’t doing the mission just enriching the other village too? The logistics confused Yoshi. She wasn’t really the most intelligent, but even she could see some strange flaws with what was going on here. A random mission would be selected, with the contents scanned over quickly. Her stomach was rumbling, and so she was more than eager to take the first thing that paid well and was pointed in her direction. Something about combat. Kill a few bandits. There would be a partner. Nothing too crazy. She would be off to it quickly, leaving the mission selection office in a dust cloud from her speed.

She would arrive wearing a two-piece swimsuit. It was a deep, royal blue, outlined with white around the edges of the top and the waistband of the bottom. This was supposed to be an island vacation for her after all, so she did make sure to bring her swimsuit along. A light, beige overshirt would be worn over the top to keep a bit of her modesty, but from the bottom down she was nothing but legs until her wooden geta. Perhaps something that would catch a few eyes, but she figured in a village so close to the sea there would be a good deal of people walking around in their swimsuits. To complete the outfit a baldric would be slung over her shoulder, hanging from her torso with her katana attached at her hip.

She would arrive on the scene at full speed, the clicking of her wooden geta announcing her presence. A boy wearing a white haori and black shihakusho would be spotted, and seeing him at the meeting spot she would make the assumption that this tall boy was her partner. A certain Calis Kazehana.

“Hey! Hey!” She would wave when she got close, skidding to a half only a few feet away from him. Her baldric would shift a bit from the sudden stop, indicating that it was perhaps a bit too loosely fitted. “You must be my partner right? Yoshitsune of the Tengu, at your service!” She would mock a little bow towards the man, a bright smile on her face. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting!”

Character File

A Kiri/Kumo Dual Mission! (Yoshitsune) Empty Re: A Kiri/Kumo Dual Mission! (Yoshitsune)

Post by Peragus Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Calis would blink a time or two at the woman that had arrived as his mission partner. Then perform what was known as the ‘once over’. It was a simple up and down look that gave the basic information of armament and capabilities. However his would end up unconsciously lingering a little longer than he expected. He hadn’t been expecting someone in a bathing suit. He damn sure wasn’t expecting someone quite so, eccentric. He would have expected someone serious about showing their pride in their village. Someone who wanted to compete with a member of the village they were in the exams for. It would’ve made sense, but this, this was a shock. He found himself staring a little too long and he shook his head in mild embarrassment. “Crap, sorry, yes, I’m Calis Kazehana. I must beg apology, I didn’t mean to stare.” He would say as he reached for her hand. If she allowed him to take it, he’d brush his lips over the back of it in a gesture of respectful greeting.

“The mission is to travel out to a fortified bandit outpost and eradicate them. We don’t have to worry about cleaning up. Apparently we have volunteers coming in after the fact to handle that portion. Enemy numbers aren’t definite but the last count had about 20 of them. Although there could be more by now. They’ve had enough time to build up a fortified position. I can fly us over the wall. But I think it might be best to crack through the wall to give them a moral blow.” He would say, his natural professionalism rising to the surface to replace embarrassment. The light dusting of colour on his cheeks would dissipate, and he would carry himself with the air of someone who was prepared to get the job done.

“I can take us there by air if you wish, or we can travel by foot. However I must warn you, I’m not very fast on my own feet.” He would say, admitting the last with a small shrug. He could fly at quite a respectable speed, but because of that capability he hadn’t focused on building up his own speed yet.

Stats:

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

Post by Yoshitsune Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:56 pm

Yoshitsune, for perhaps the first time in her life, had been caught off guard. The eccentric girl usually was able to respond steady and firm to nearly anything, but Calis taking her hand and kissing the back of it took her by complete surprise. She would find herself with a big, dumb grin on her face afterwards. She had no idea she had been paired up with such a gentleman. As eccentric and oddly mannered as she was, Yoshitsune was something of a sucker for the traditional style of manners and culture. This was really something she only displayed when eating, being all formal about it, but seeing it here was a very pleasant surprise. She would pull her hand back after Calis had released it, bringing both of hers up to her face to rub at her quickly warming cheeks.

“I didn’t know I was in the presence of such a gentleman~” She would coo, bashfully looking down to the side. Consider her impressed. “You don’t have to apologize for anything though, I don’t mind. I wouldn’t have dressed like this if I was so easily dissuaded…” She would trail off into thought as she spoke, taking a look down at her own body. “I take it that natives of this land don’t usually wear their swimsuits out in public? I hope that I didn’t make a strange first impression by doing so, I was just hoping that there would be some chance to take a swim while I was visiting this land. It is the Land of Water afterall. It must have nice beaches?” She would trail off, easily distracted with her own thoughts.

“Oh well, I suppose.” She would wave a hand to dismiss those thoughts, as if blowing them away. It was time for business anyway, not fun. “You must be pretty amazing though, if you can fly? Tell me, what sort of flying would it be? Do you grow wings out of your back?” She would walk around Calis, inspecting the male’s other side for a moment. “Can you fly and carry me at the same time? Ah, don’t tell me I’d be too heavy. That would be like a dagger in the back… You wouldn’t say that, would you? Even if it was true, just please keep silent and bear the burden.”

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:56 pm

Her reaction to his greeting would send a thrill of pleasure through him. He did not usually get such reactions when he greeted women in that manner. Most got embarrassed and moved on, some appreciated it, but none commented as she had. “While it is pretty warm during the day, the nights can get fairly cold. It has been known to snow at times even. So no, most don’t go around wearing swimsuits. However most would simply see you a tourist and move along. We do have some incredible beaches. As a matter of fact, it’s early in the day, after we handle this, we can go to a beach nearby the objective if you wish.” He would say, a small smile on his features as he considered the geography of where they would be.

“I would not however consider myself particularly amazing. However, I can fly us with no issues. All day if necessary. Hell I could take you, myself, and a full squad of others..” He would say as he raised an eyebrow and looked up in speculation. He could create three sand platforms which could hold two people each, so that would equal out to be about right in most cases. “So no my dear, a lady as lovely as yourself would be no burden at all.” He would say as he channeled some chakra into the earth and churned it into sand before bringing it up and under them as a sand platform. Said platform would rise into the air at it’s best speed and begin carrying them toward their destination.

“Even with this platform, it’ll take some time for us to get there. So let’s chat, we’re from totally different lands and I’d love to learn more. So tell me what it’s like in Kumogakure? Or anything about yourself you might want to share?” He would ask, a bright look on his features as he turned toward her. Curiosity evident in his eyes.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

Post by Yoshitsune Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:56 pm

Yoshitsune would listen and nod as Calis spoke. Had she given the impression of a tourist then? Perhaps that was why those in the mission office had given her such strange stares. Or perhaps they were wondering how a shinobi could go with so little gear? That was neither here nor there though. The talk of beaches thought got her clearly excited, a bit of light shining in her eyes at that. She would nod her head quickly, eager to jump on the male’s offer. Even if she was here working and for business, Yoshi would have her beach vacation yet.

“Yes! Let’s go! That sounds like a great way to spend the rest of the day. I’ve always wanted to visit one while I was here, since there are so few beaches worth going to in the Land of Lightning. Everything is far too rocky. I’ve always heard about fun things to do at the beach that I’ve always wanted to try.. Like smashing open a watermelon!” She would mock swinging a bat with her hands down at the ground. “I’ve always wanted to try that, but it wouldn’t be the same if you don’t do it at a beach with some friends… Hey hey! Are you a good swimmer? You must be since you’re so tall…” Perhaps Calis had already gotten the impression from her, but Yoshi was one who spoke a lot, and rather quickly as well.

Pink would spread across her cheeks at the ‘lovely lady’ comment, and she couldn’t help but bite at her lower lip. She was beginning to feel like taking this mission today was a lucky turn of fate for her. As much as she wanted to make some quip back, all Yoshi could do was let out a slightly flustered giggle in response.

It would be erased off her face as the sand churned under her, raising the two of them up into the sky. Instinctively she would grab onto the nearest thing for balance, and this would be Calis. She would clutch onto the male, uncomfortably unsteady at first as the platform raised up into the air. This wasn’t really what she had in mind when he mentioned flying, and so she would be once again caught off guard. Two for two today.

“O-Oh?” She would look down at the ground with a bit of unease. It was clear she had never flown before, and that there was a hint of nervousness in her voice. She was still clutching tightly to Calis, holding carefully to his arm while pressed tight against him in fear of falling off. “Well… In Kumogakure it’s… not particularly cold or warm. I was raised up in the center of the country, up high in the mountains… There’s no beaches there, as I’ve said, just rivers. The coastlines are all much too far from Kumogakure and poor for swimming as well…” That she was a bit off kilter was obvious from the way she spoke now, not nearly as quickly or fluid as before.

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:56 pm

Her excitement at the idea of the beach afterwards brought a larger smile to his features. “A watermelon huh? Well I’m not sure we’ll find any before then. I don’t exactly keep one with me, but who knows, maybe we can find one or two somewhere.” He would say with a small shrug. “I’ve lived here all my life, so I would have to be a good swimmer. I cannot say I fight well in the water though. I do best on land or in the air.” He would say as he answered her questions and thoughts patiently. The comment about his height brought a knowing smirk to him. It wasn’t the first time someone had commented on it, and he was sure it wouldn’t be the last either. She seemed to talk quite a bit, but that was quite fine with the Kazehana as he himself didn’t talk all that much unless he was needing to lecture someone. Particularly a certain pink haired Hozuki.

The pink that spread across her features at his comment would bring a small chuckle to his lips, and the biting of her lower lip would cause his heart to skip a beat or two. Maybe these exams including other villages wouldn’t be so bad. Hell, perhaps competition wasn’t required.

Her reaction to the sand platform would cause him a brief pause in his personal movements, although the platform would continue moving. He had never encountered someone who had felt uncomfortable when he did this. Hell, fixing it was as simple as using the surface walking technique upon the platform. However he didn’t want her to let go if he told her. ‘What the hell is wrong with me? I just met this woman, and she’s from another country. It’s not like we’d see each other again.’ He would think before pausing. Or was that why it was so easy for him to get flustered here? They were both ‘new’ to the other, and it’s not like they would have to see each other again afterwards if either of them didn’t want to. He’d keep these thoughts to himself as she answered his questions while carefully holding onto him.

He would move to wrap that arm around her waist however, not sexually, not flirtatiously, but simply comfortingly. “It’s alright, I have full control of every particle of sand this platform is made from. You’re not about to fall, and even if you did, I’d catch you well before you landed. However, despite the fact that me saying this would probably prompt you to let go. You can just use the surface walking technique if you’re uncomfortable.” He would say, hinting that he didn’t actually want her to let go if she didn’t want to. However wanting her to feel safe while they flew all the same. “As for the beaches here, Kirigakure has multiple beaches along it’s shores. As a matter of fact, I know of one or two that one can only get to if they fly or go well out of their way to climb over rough terrain to reach. We can go to one of those if you wish.” He would say as they continued on toward the outpost.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

Post by Yoshitsune Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:57 pm

She almost didn’t consciously notice the arm around her waist. If she had been wearing more clothing she likely wouldn’t have, but the feeling of his arm against the bare skin of her waist would send a chill up her spine. Yoshitsune would relax after this, although this didn’t make her loosen her grip on the male in the slightest. As much as she might have liked to have been cute and flirty about holding onto him like this, it was all an animal-brain instinct that came from the fear of unstable footing. Maybe it showed, but Yoshitsune had never exactly been in the air like this before. It wasn’t exactly a fear of heights, as having one for someone that came from a land of mountains and cliffs would have been silly, but the fact that their footing was sand. Something about it just felt unstable, even though it wasn’t at all.

As soon as he mentioned the trick to being able to comfortably on the platform Yoshi would almost facepalm. The fact that she had forgotten to do something like that in the first place likely reflected poorly on her, but she was so used to just being able to maintain her balance in the first place that it was usually hardly necessary unless walking up walls. She would flood a bit of chakra into her feet, and then into the bottoms of her wooden geta sandals, and then she would be able to relax.

Still holding on to him, Yoshi would turn up to stick out her tongue to Calis. “I wasn’t afraid.” She would say, a bit of a pout on her cheeks. “I just... I wasn’t expecting sand. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anything like this before.” Now that she was comfortable the claw grip she had been holding onto him with before would be released. “I’m used to just running everywhere I needed to go… I like to think I’m pretty fast too, so I usually get to where I’m going without any trouble. But this is pretty convenient…” She would glance down, seeing the movement of the landscape below them. “This even moves just about as fast as I can run. It must be nice, not having to worry about trees or anything along those lines. Or cliffs and rough terrain…” She would look up to him again. Leaning against him as she was now, with her holding on to him and his arm around her waist, it would seem almost as if they had some sort of great familiarity rather than the true of them just having met moments ago. A bit of playfulness would return to her voice and expression now, the nervousness from earlier having melted away.

“Ah! It would only be fair if we went there together. You’ve already had the opportunity to see me in my swimsuit, so it would only be fair if you return the favor. You do agree, don’t you?” A light smile would cross against her face. She could already assume it just be being against him like this, but she imagined that seeing Calis without a shirt would be something she would be able to appreciate.

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:57 pm

“We just met and you’re already trying to get me out of my clothes? How could I possibly resist such a tempting offer?” He would quip back right after she mentioned the idea of seeing him in a swimsuit. “It’d just be my boxers though, I don’t travel around wearing mine so some tourists you see.” He would continue, a jesting tone in his voice as they continued on. “And yes, it is rather lovely to forgo all the annoyances of traveling by foot. I rather like being able to fly over the trees, the animals, and other such obstacles.” A small grin would spread across his features as he thought of something. “Man, if you’re this impressed by this technique. Maybe I shouldn’t tell you that this is a D rank jutsu?” He would ask, an amused tone to his voice as he held her close.

The feel of her against him was something he didn’t want to let go of, and he would be loathe to do so when it came time for the mission to really begin. Maybe he could end it in one swift combination of techniques. If he generated his sandstorm around the outpost and discharged it, it would kill anyone within immediately. Two steps and done, as simple as that. Then they could be off to the beach to enjoy each others comfortable with the whole day ahead of them.

He entertained the notion for a while before concluding that the bandits would probably have hostages. He could eliminate the entire outpost like that without killing them too. That meant they’d have to go about it the old fashioned way. “So what kind of kunoichi are you? Do you specialize in Ninjutsu? Taijutsu?” He would ask, his curiosity getting the better of him as they flew along. It wasn’t even a foreign shinobi trying to troll for information. They were on a mission together, and the more he knew of her capabilities the more he could plan for in advance.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

“Get you out of your clothing? No, if you wanted something like that I would have to insist you take me out for some dinner first. Something nice too.” She would giggle after that, grinning with that same sense of mischief. It wasn’t exactly clear in her voice whether she was serious or kidding, as flirting tended to be with things like this. “But your boxers is fine~ I’m more or less in my underwear right now as well. I think that would be more than enough to make an even trade.”

The comment about D-Rank would bounce right off her, pinging like a ping pong ball off a wall. Yoshitsune wasn’t exactly the most proficient in ninjutsu. She preferred to fight with her natural speed and swordsmanship skills… or swordswomanship skills. Ninjutsu theory wasn’t really her forte. Plus, when they had been on such a fun topic before, it seemed like a strange thing to bring up. She clicked her tongue in her mouth, not sure what to say in response.

“Oh! I specialize in using swords. I suppose other weapons as well, but I’m mainly trained in the Kumo-ryu style. I usually don’t fight with much other than my natural abilities and my blade, but I can use a good deal of Fuuton Ninjutsu too, if I need to, I suppose. Usually though I’m fast enough to just run circles around people though.” She felt fine sharing, not really feeling any sort of inherent suspicion towards foreign shinobi. To Yoshi, who had trained with the Tengu for the majority of her life, those from Kumogakure might as well have been just as foreign to her as those from Kirigakure. “I can use a bit of Raiton as well, but I’m still a bit iffy with that all… I’m generally in close quarters though. I take it from your lack of speed and these sand platforms that you’re the opposite then? You must be best at longer range.” It was a basic deduction. Yoshi wasn’t exactly the smartest, but she could tell just based on what she was seeing that Calis likely preferred to avoid direct conflict. It was strange, since his muscular build would indicate the exact opposite.

Character File

“Shall I strip now then milady? Perhaps with a little dance for your amusement?” He would jest as they rode on. “Careful what you say, I might manage to turn that beach visit into a lovely little date. If I remember correctly, it isn’t slated to get cold tonight.” He would say, flirting back as the terrain sped past them below. Her statement that his boxers were fine would cause a chuckle to escape his lips again. She seemed to have no reaction to his comment about this being a D rank technique which he figured shouldn’t be all that surprising. She’d never seen anything like by her own admission after all. However she would soon get a fairly good indication of what the rest of his armament could do.

Her admission to being a close range fighter worked well for him. Since he was best at a distance and could support and defend her from quite a ways off. “You would assume correctly. I fight best at long range, I can crush my enemies into paste, shoot them full of holes, and bury them beneath the ground, with enough pressure that they can’t even move. I’m also capable in Earth, Wind, and Lightning Ninjutsu.” He would say as their ride continued on.

“Any problems with killing? I need to know now.” He would ask, it wouldn’t be unusual for her to have never killed before. He however had, and he would spare her that emotional trauma now if he could. She could go for debilitating wounds and he could finish them off, it would be child’s play.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

“Now?” She would laugh. Already she was having too much fun. “No, save that for later, I think. If our targets saw you riding in on this platform while stripping and dancing I think I might become just a tad jealous.” She couldn’t help but laugh with that mental image. Things were hitting off well between the two though. Yoshi was fast. Not just with her feet, but in all aspects, and it was clearly showing here. While others might think less of her for being this way, perhaps calling her ‘loose’, she had no problems with letting something spark and occur quickly like this.

“You better watch what you say though.” She would press a finger into his lower stomach, poking just above his waistline. “It’s getting me excited and we haven’t even started with our work yet. I’ll be distracted for the entire time just thinking about you in your boxers. It’s too cruel! Like something akin to knowing that there’s a delicious cake sitting on the windowsill to cool, but being unable to eat it.... You wouldn’t do something so cruel, would you Mister Calis?”

The talk about the mission began again. How annoying! It would cause her to pout out her cheeks. Already she was beginning to wish they could just skip ahead with all of this and get on to the fun stuff. As diligent as she normally was with this sort of stuff, work was work. It would be hard to be eager for work when something so sweet and ripe was right in front of her.

“Killing? What, humans?” The question would cause her a moment of confusion. “No, why?” How could someone enter this line of work if they had difficulties killing? Well, she didn’t know how Kirigakure shinobi did it, but killing was something she had gotten used to as a part of her training. “Ah? I have an idea…”

“How about we make it a game? We’ll both go down at the same time and… How many were there supposed to be? Oh well, it barely matters. We’ll both go down together and make a contest out of it. Tally each kill, and the one with the most at the end wins. That sounds fun, doesn’t it?”

“Oh! To make it even more fun… Let’s make it a wager. In Kumogakure, I try to make missions into little games or competitions like this. It always makes them more entertaining. The one to win at the end will get a prize… How about, they can ask for something of the loser after the end. Anything they want. That sounds like a fun competition, doesn’t it?” She would smile innocently up to him.

Character File

Her comments would cause him to laugh as well, not simply a chuckle. It had been awhile since he’d had a reason to actually laugh again. “Jealous eh? I might have to just to see for myself.” He would say as they traveled, it would still be a few minutes yet before they arrived, or even really saw the structure itself for that matter. So they had time to continue their little game with no issues. “But what if I don’t want to watch what I say?” He would ask in his own innocent tone. “What if I like the idea of getting you excited right before a fight? Hell I wonder... if I could...make it worse?” He’d ask, the pauses in his speech would coincide with him slowly inching his lips closer to hers, he was being a horrid tease and he knew it, and if it actually connected it would probably make things worse for their flirting situation, but he didn’t care at that point.

Her comment about having no issue killing humans would cause him to nod in understanding, she’d been forced to kill early then. Not all shinobi did, but it was inevitable that before one became a Chuunin that they killed at least once. Her thoughts of making it a game would cause him to pause and raise an eyebrow at her. At least until he listened and a grin spread across his features. “Indeed it does sound like a fun competition. Anything the winner wants eh?” He would ask as he thought the wager over. He didn’t know what she’d choose if she won, nor did he really know what he’d want if he did. But it was a fun little game regardless.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

Post by Yoshitsune Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:58 pm

She would frown, biting her lower lip. Yoshitsune had always been the sort of person to just reach out and take what she wanted, social norms be damned, but even she could see that doing so in a moment like this would maybe be… less than ideal. They were on their way to kill a bunch of people, after all. As much as she didn’t have a problem with killing people, Yoshitsune also found it to be something of a mood killer. To get all excited here just to jump into the icebath of combat would just be annoying and get her all antsy. It made her just want to get this all done as fast as possible. Of course, she would have wanted to do that anyway, being who she was, but fast in the wrong way. That would be fast in the ‘I don’t really want to do this’ sort of way, instead of the ‘I like to go fast’ way that Yoshitsune usually did. The game she suggested was supposed to be a way to mitigate that by turning it to be about the mission, but it didn’t seem like it was working.

Even so, she saw what he was doing. His lips were too close. She could feel the heat of his breath against her skin. Yoshi would lean up, attempting to snatch the kiss that Calis was teasing her with. If she wasn't able to catch it the girl would be left in a frustrated pout, puffing her cheeks out in a somewhat childish display of impatience towards the male.

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:58 pm

As she tried to reach for the quick kiss he’d turn his head and let it land on his cheek. “Nope, if you want it that bad you can win and request it as your prize.” He’d say with a bit of grin upon his features as gently ran his land up and down her back. Her skin was warm and the contact with just his hand was giving him shivers. “Let’s stop that for now though. We should be focused on the mission, besides we’ll be there soon and we have no real plan whatsoever.” He would say with a small bit of resignation in his tone. He’d rather be teasing her at this point, and seeing where it ended up. “The outpost will be heavily fortified by now, an easy task with even one earth ninjutsu user. It’ll be a safe haven for them, and I intend to try to hit them in their morale too. I should be able to crush the gates with no issue. After that, you’ll run in while I fly in and provide support for you and proceed to win our little game.” He would say, giving her another small grin at the last.

“Does that sound alright to you? I suspect they’ll have hostages so we’ll have to free and protect them too but the small force coming to ‘clean up’ should be able to take care of them. We’re just the sweepers for the trash in this case.” He’d say as he leaned back on the platform. The outpost was coming into view at this point. It was large, and reinforced as he’d suspected.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

Still pouting at his failure to steal a kiss, Yoshi would nod her head. Patience wasn’t exactly one of her virtues, and perhaps it showed a bit right now. That pout would melt down into something of a more determined expression though. If it had been left up to her she wouldn’t have really bothered with a plan at all. Her plan was usually ‘go fast’, and then the details took care of themselves afterwards. Having a floor plan or something along those lines for the infrastructures was nice, but not altogether necessary. “You mean, while I win our game.” She wouldn’t so easily let that go. Yoshi was competitive even when there wasn’t anything to gain by winning, and in a situation like this that natural competitive nature would be magnified. On the ground she should have an advantage as well, shouldn’t she? Being closer to the targets allowed her to strike them more directly, and consequently would disallow Calis from getting out of hand with trying to steal kills from her.

“I’m ready as soon as you are. Just give me the word and I’ll be down there.” While still holding onto Calis she would reach down for the handle of her katana. It had been a while since she had last had the chance to test it like this. She was almost glad now. It would allow her to work out a few kinks before having to prepare for the exams.

Character File

Grinning at her he’d ask “Aw, do you really want to kiss me that bad?” in a slightly innocent tone as they got closer to the outpost. Another couple of minutes he wagered, and they would be there. He had to consider how to get inside, the morale loss upon crashing open their gates or walls like a grape was a solid idea in his eyes. However he had to keep in mind any hostages that they might have. He doubted they would be outside of the building and in the courtyard. However he couldn’t be too careful, and he had to ensure his opening of the place wasn’t too violent upon the building or there could be debris falling onto the heads of those men and women.

The walls were high, about ten meters up to be precise, and the iron banded door stood stoic and imposing within their frame. The place was made from stone, and was set into a high ridge. Extremely defensible, as it could only be attacked from the direction they were coming from, or from above. ‘I can do above, but Yoshitsune can’t, and I can’t support her if I’m too high up. Better to go from lower then.’ He would think to himself as the distance was eaten. He considered the problem for a minute. ‘My tidal wave of sand would crash open the gates, or even the walls, with little problem. But it would heavily damage the building too. Hell, the shock of the gates crashing down against their intended direction could do it too.’ He would think as he studied the coming obstacle. ‘Buuuut, I don’t need to see my sand to manipulate it, now do I?’ He’d think with a smirk as he opened his thigh pouch and performed a hand seal.

Black sand would explode from his pouch, pouring out and moving behind them like a river of ebony before forming into a large sphere. Every grain available for the task was put into the sphere and condensed, becoming viciously heavy and causing it to be slow and ungainly. This caused them to slow down so he didn’t accidentally outrange his own technique. “So, kiss for good luck? Or shall we wait till later?” He would ask with a smirk as the object formed.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

She would pout. The walls of the base were coming into view though, and so it seemed that their little game of teasing had come to an end. Which was a good thing, as Yoshi wasn’t exactly the type who could easily resist that sort of stuff. She would need to focus entirely on the combat, both to put a good foot forward for her village and also just for the general sake of self preservation. Getting distracted in the middle of combat because she started thinking about boys or kissing would just result in her getting grievously injured. That, or running into a wall. Running into a wall was no joke either. Doing that at her top speed probably would straight knock her out, or maybe even worse. And getting knocked out from running into a wall was a very un-sexy thing to do. Not that Yoshi particularly cared about that normally, but with the atmosphere going on right now she didn’t really want to make a total fool of herself in front of Calis.

“You had your chance for a kiss.” She would harumph, still pouting a bit. That he was asking that now with that smirk of his while she had just tried to steal one earlier was frustrating. “We’re too close to fool around. We’ll have to wait until we’re done now. Just do whatever you’re about to do so we can start.” That she was frustrated was clear on her voice. It was maybe a little childish, but that was just who Yoshitsune was. The drawing of Yoshitsune’s katana with her free arm, and the sharp rasping sound of metal on scabbard that came with it, seemed to signal the end of their earlier tone of conversation. At least for now. Unless Calis decided to continue teasing her, which he certainly had the power to do.

Judging by what she could clearly see Calis doing with the black sand and the speed at which they were currently moving, it seemed pretty clear that the sphere of black was going to be used to gain a point of entry into the building. Maybe a battering ram?

Character File

Calis would give a mock pout of his own at the woman as she denied his good luck kiss. Oh well, there would be plenty of time for that later. “Then I suppose it’ll have to be a congratulatory kiss for a job well done.” He would say as he turned back to the task at hand. “Focus on the outside, we’ll go in once we can secure any additional exits and entrances. That way we won’t be surprised by any escaping and either leaving, or flanking us. We’ll go inside together, but when it comes to the outer area, go nuts as soon as the gates are open.” He would say, laying down their original game plan with a few other caveats as well. They couldn’t risk leaving another manner of escape and rushing into such a place that had time to be prepared prior was a suicidal idea all on it’s own.

After he gave those instructions they would arrive. His platform would stop in the air, hovering before the gates and arrows and kunai would fly off from the walls. The sand that made their platform rose to their cause and within moments all of the enemy projectiles were batted aside, without a one getting close enough to even warrant a secondary glance. “Childish.” He would say simply as he moved the large sphere over the wall onto the other side. Cries of confusion could be heard as he moved the orb to the other side of the wall and then smashed it open. The doors opened outward, for that would normally make it harder to break them down. As one had to fight the physics behind the hinges that allowed them movement. In many cases, the material of the door gave out long before the hinges did. In this case however, the gates blew open, the physics of the hinges closing it no longer assisting as they had been blown open from the other side.

As the orb moved out he dispersed it into multiple bullets that fired off toward the hinges destroying them and bringing the gates down, crashing loudly and ensuring that they could not be remounted without extensive repair.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

The moment the orb blasted off the hinges and tore down the gate Yoshitsune would be off. She would simply jump right off the platform that Calis had created, arching her body to aim herself down towards the opening that he had created. Rather than falling at some incredibly speed that would likely cause her to injure herself on the landing, Yoshitsune would gently descend, moving as if she had a parachute on through the area. This would be from the hand seal she had formed right before falling, having made the Bird seal with her free hand. The Gentle Descent Technique, a new ability that Yoshitsune had only recently picked up. It was made specifically for falling from great heights like this, and worked through manipulating Fuuton chakra to the bottom of their feet in order to cushion their fall.

Once she got close enough to the gate she would switch course, breaking out into a run rather than allow herself to continue to parachute down. Her slow movement down did made her something of a target, although Calis still retained the majority of the fire, and so when the first barrage of kunai and arrows were loosed in her direction her sprinting began. She would move at full speed through the air, temporarily being able to step on it through platforms she formed through focusing that same chakra around her feet and then stepping off it as if it were solid ground. The Gentle Step Technique.

It only took her a few steps to reach the gate. Especially with a quick application of Body Flicker, she would be more or less a flash to onlookers. Once hitting the ground and entering the gates she would release the Body Flicker, and from there on Yoshitsune would wreak havoc on the inside courtyard. The variety of mooks that had been in there clearly weren’t prepared for the gate to come down, and were even less prepared for Yoshitsune to come swirling in like an angry hurricane. With her blade already drawn she would immediately cut down the closest of the first responders, an armored man with a naginata. She had simply just held her katana out around neck level and then ran right past him, having the katana impact him in the collar at incredible speeds. This method of attacking got around the disparity between how fast Yoshi could move her arms and legs, and from it she would immediately decapitate the man, blood spilling everywhere. Once the man’s head had been separated from his shoulders Yoshitsune would skid to a half.

“I am Yoshitsune Sōjōbō! Protector of the Tengu Clans of Kumogakure!” She would shout out suddenly in a booming voice, projecting it so that all in the courtyard would be able to hear. “You rabble of goblins, do you have the courage to challenge me for my head?”

With that battle cry completed she would charge forth again, her katana prepared to strike down the next.

[498/300 Gentle Step/Gentle Descent Training]

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:59 pm

With his abrupt opening of the fort before them Yoshitsune would be off. He would’ve gladly brought her to the ground below however that apparently wasn’t necessary. As she would gently glide down toward the ground before speeding off like a rocket into the gates. Calis would begin moving his own platform the moment the gates shattered. He however would fly over the wall instead of through the gate. Multiple attacks came from different directions, however his sand defended him from them all. Streams of the black sand from his pouch would flow out and begin striking like massive whips, digging furrows into the ground where they struck and striking foes with enough force to break bone. One stream would slam onto the top of the wall and drag itself across it, slamming into the archers on the high ground to ensure they couldn’t threaten his partner.

Bullets flew, whips struck, and bodies were crushed and battered beyond recognition in his wake as he worked with Yoshitsune to clear the courtyard of enemies. More would be inside, and they would have to move carefully in there. However for now they could afford to truly cut loose with their abilities. He wasn’t quite sure how many were left. He simply kept striking out as he saw another target, and trying not to take any from Yoshitsune. She didn’t seem like the type to appreciate having her ‘targets’ taken from her, even accidentally.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

Post by Yoshitsune Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:59 pm

As she sped forward another variety of hand signs would be made. Ram, Snake, Ram, Boar, Bird. The use of these fuuton techniques were mainly just to cause as much chaos as possible rather than to directly kill. Four small tornados would be released from her as she ran forward, spinning around the courtyard wildly. They hadn’t been aimed at anything in specific, but would blow up dirt and dust into the air to add another layer of mess to the situation. That, and blow away or divert the course of any projectiles that might have been aimed at her. Although with how fast she was moving it was unlikely that anyone would have been able to properly aim at and hit her in the first place. The second technique would release a massive gust of wind her her open palm, blowing down the next few targets she had sped towards. The three of them would all immediately be blown off their feet, and with them on the ground Yoshitsune would trample over the lot of them. Each would have the tip of her blade drug in a straight line through their faces as she did, beginning at the bottom of their chin and then being sliced straight upwards through their nose to perfectly bisect their faces. A trail of blood and screaming men would be left in her wake. The injuries had been severe, but not enough to kill them, but this would be fixed with her second run through the area. Another scratching scar would be sliced down into their faces, this time deep enough to cease their movements.

“Weak! You’re inferior even to the packhorses of the Heike Clan!” She would grin, taunting the bandits she had just slaughtered. Something of a devious grin had formed over her face in the process, which was now somewhat covered in blood from the swing of her blade. It seemed that she was pretty clearly enjoying herself here, even if not being the most efficient with her blade or chakra. Knocking those three down and then killing them in two run by’s had been entirely for her own entertainment, as she could have easily just beheaded them in one dash through as she had killed the first as she came in.

[381/300 Training Divine Wind and Gale Palm]

Character File

Watching and listening to Yoshitsune taunt their enemies was amusing to the tall Kazehana and he would give a small grin at her enjoyment. He wasn’t quite as comfortable with such slaughter. He preferred to keep his opponents alive when he could afford to. However it was obvious here that he simply wouldn’t be able to do so since they would need to ensure that none of these men and women escaped alive to bring another group like this together. Not only that, but if they left any alive and then went inside of the fort, they could flank them if they gathered and attack them from two directions. Even if they did, Calis wasn’t worried about such an assault, but it would be annoying to deal with. Eventually enough sand would be thrown around that he would scatter it all up into the air over his area and fire it all downward in bullet like fashion.

The resulting slaughter would leave little more than simple chunks of formless meat upon the ground as the heavy fire simply tore them apart. It would almost be easier to sweep them up than gather them for burial. Calis felt some gorge rise from the spectacle but managed to keep it down, controlling his stomach, and his emotions. ‘This is necessary Calis, they can’t be allowed to live.’ He would think as he looked to see how Yoshitsune was doing on her end.

Stats:

Yoshitsune
    Yoshitsune

Post by Yoshitsune Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:59 pm

She would notice the actions of her partner, snapping her out of her bloodlust, as the rain and torrent of blood and gore came down upon her from the top of the gates. The bullets of sand that had gibbed those on top of the fort would send the mess spiraling down to her, nearly coating her in the disgusting mess that had formerly been living humans. It was enough to make her smile in an almost giddy nature.

“You’re pretty good up there, Mister Calis! I have nothing but respect for the methods you use to kill!”

The distraction would only last a second. Another flash of hand seals would be made, and then a burst of wind would be sent down directly at the ground. Not for any combat purposes, but purely just to blow all the blood and gross bits that had landed on her off. The impromptu air drying was incredibly successful as the blood was still wet and fresh, and so it would only take a second of that before she would be clean and dry once again. Then she would rush out into combat once again, seeing to pick off any stragglers that had been left.

There were only a few left. The vast majority, if not all of them, were taken out immediately on the top by Calis. There remainders were just stragglers in the courtyard who Yoshitsune had yet to take out yet. Two of them, both stuck in shock at the messy slaughter of their comrades. It had all happened so fast, Yoshi almost couldn’t blame them. One of them seemed to be hesitating, while the other had already dropped their weapon and seemed to be in the process of surrendering. He was babbling something, but Yoshi didn’t bother listening.

She would throw a shuriken immediately, infused with wind chakra to make it faster. It would collide right into the bridge of the nose of the man who had been surrendering. A quick death, although perhaps one that was undeserved.

“Cowards.” She would announce towards the remaining man, a bit of a dark laugh in her voice. Before he could react she would rush forward, and his head would be left spinning on the ground as well.

[376/300 Training Great Breakthrough and Rotating Shuriken]

Character File

Her words would cause him to pause and he’d suppress a shudder at the idea that someone could feel respect for such a slaughter. He wasn’t at all comfortable with such wanton killing, but at least it had the benefit of being quick. ‘Do I really want to get involved with someone like that?’ He thought, thinking forward to their beach visit later on. He mulled on it for a few moments before deciding that it didn’t matter. ‘She’s only here for the exams, and it’s just a bit of fun if anything does happen. It won’t mean anything, and I don’t have to like her personality for that.’ He would think, confirming his decision that it simply didn’t matter.

Then he would watch her murder a surrendering man and cringe. Then she would execute the final one and he would slowly bring his sand cloud down to the ground. The idea of killing a surrendering enemy was abhorrent. However he had stated that they couldn’t let any survivors leave. That literally meant that they needed to execute them in other words and he mentally berated himself for such a stupid mistake.

He would land his platform and move toward her, his own form clean as no blood ever even flew up toward him. His face would be stoic, but not angry. It had been his own screw up that allowed her to kill a surrendering man. He would be his burden to bear for that reason. ‘God I’m going to need a reason to forget this..’ He would think before speaking aloud. “Good work, the inner gate is probably open, and we can walk inside, but we’ll have to be careful. We don’t know what kind of traps and enemies are inside. So stay close, I’ll have my sand scout the walls for trip wires and panels that can be used as traps.” He would say as he moved toward the door.

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:09 am