Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Winds Upon The Dawn (Private)

Mal'Zeth Muramatsu
    Mal'Zeth Muramatsu

Winds Upon The Dawn (Private) Empty Winds Upon The Dawn (Private)

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:59 pm

The morning sun was just cresting the horizon as Kai, his simply cut, black hair, and normal attire about his body, spun his Naginata around himself for the upteenth time that morning thus far. He’d come out in the cool hours of the predawn morning to practice with his newly acquired weapon. The steel glaive he’d purchased from Okane Tomi spun around his body, barely stopping as he slowly became acclimated to his higher weight. With the rise of the sun would come the higher temperature of the desert day and already the genin could feel himself beginning to sweat as he practiced in his own personal style. The Style of The Grand Typhoon, a pretentious name, but the styles of the best in the world was supposed to sound pretentious. It was also supposed to be true, and so Kai had his work cut for him if he was to live up to the name he had given his personal combat form.

Moving through multiple assaults that would assault the same position from multiple angles, Kai would find himself getting into a sort of ‘groove’. His movements were fluid and limber, and he was slowly beginning to feel like the glaive in his hands was a part of himself. A confident, sure, smile would play across his features as he moved. He was good at what he did with the Naginata, of that he was sure. He couldn’t wait to start dipping into the world of illusions and trying to mix them up with his style to make it even more lethal. As he continued his practice the sun would continue it’s advance into the sky. How long had it been since dawn? A half hour? A little longer? He wasn’t sure, but he knew that soon he would need to take a small break before he wore himself out entirely.

Last edited by Kai Aglaris on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: A
    Ryo: A bit

Winds Upon The Dawn (Private) Empty Re: Winds Upon The Dawn (Private)

Post by Azuma Asakaze Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:38 pm

Morning was upon Sunagakure, the sun had only peeked over the horizon a short time ago, most would still be sleeping--while the early birds was up and starting their days. Night owls would likely just now be finding their ways to bed. Azuma must've been an early bird this morning, the man was making plans for some training in The Sand Forge, something he found himself doing more often then not, but his plans...they wouldn't work out today, no, something else was in store for the Shinobi.

The Desert Rogue made his way through the streets of Suna...the recent rain in the village left random puddles to step around, sections of the sandy streets turned to mud. Azuma simply walked around these. He was in his more casual outfit, a white Yukata hung over his torso, and his legs clothed in typical black pants meant for flexibility and durability for battle. 'Casual' or not Azuma was always ready, his equipment on him at all times. He finally arrived at the Sand Forge, but as off White and Amber hues turned towards the training grounds, he'd see they wasn't vacant.

"Someone else is training here...Guess I should go elsewhere." Azuma spoke quietly to himself, about to turn around and walk away. But the shinobi in the Sand Forge caught his eye. The young Jounin would watch for a moment, focusing more on Kai as he practiced with his new weapon. Azuma was fairly impressed with the man's style, the art Kai adopted with the Naginata drew Azuma's attention. Azuma himself favored the weapon, easily the go-to in his arsenal.

It was at this point Azuma took notice of the Genin's weapon, a glaive that seemed familiar to Azuma. A stray smirk crossed his features. 'So thats who Okane was making that weapon for...' crossed Azuma's mind as he inspected it from afar...Azuma loved weapons and happened to get a good look at the Glaive Kai now wielded during its Forging only a couple days prior. By now this young man, only a couple years younger then Azuma himself, had piqued the Jounin's interest. Old habits die hard they say, the olden days of Azuma being a rather social person would show itself in The Desert Rogue. He'd go on to approach, entering the training grounds.

"I wondered who in Sunagakure Okane would've been making that Naginata for...I see I'm not the only one who favors it over other weapons." Azuma spoke up, announcing his presence if Kai hadn't noticed him before. Azuma would stop approaching, about 15 or so feet, roughly 5 meters between himself and Kai. "That is an interesting style you use, your movements are fluid and limber, but deliberate. I don't recognize it, is it a style of your own making?" the Jounin would question Kai. The man wasn't shy and clearly had no issue talking to others, his voice was confident, but friendly. Azuma was aware of most of the higher ranking Shinobi within Suna's walls, but he'd never seen this man before. He wondered, who was he, and what Rank was the Shinobi? He was pretty imposing for someone he'd not seen around before.

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:12 am

Kai would continue his training, moving with the weapon to the best of his abilities, however he felt something off about the whole thing. As if he was wielding the type of weapon that simply wasn't meant for him. He was talented in other aspects, dangerously so, but the use of a glaive seemed to not sit with him. As he continued his practice the sun would continue it's upward tread, his sunglasses would protect his eyes from the harsh glare of the sun however, and his simply cut black hair would do nothing to impede his vision. As he continued to take the weapon into multiple spins, cuts, and blocks, he just couldn't feel himself getting into the weapon. 'Something is wrong, I'm just not enjoying this..' He would think before he heard a voice from somewhere.

He turned toward the man who wore a white yukata, the garment simple and elegant. It, at the very least, looked far more elegant than his own garments of dark green undershirt, green coat, and blue jeans with his weapon holsters attached. The man before him seemed much older, and carried himself with a bit of a lazy air about him. "Actually, I was just thinking that I couldn't seem to get into the weapon. I know I move with it well, but I can't seem to enjoy it." He would say before pausing to look at the weapon in his hands. "The style is of my own design yes, I created it piece by piece, but I'm probably going to put it down, I think I'll stick with Taijutsu instead.." He would say, a mildly regretful tone to his voice as he admitted that he'd probably use his body to fight rather than the finely crafted steel blade. "Do you want it? I'm not going to use it, but it might be useful to you." He would say, offering the Naginata shaft first to the man.

"I'm Kai for the record, Kai Aglaris, fresh genin of Sunagakure." The man would say, his tone dry as both of them forget the simply procedure of introducing themselves. "What brings you out here? I'm not in your way am I?" He would ask, an eyebrow raised in curiosity. He didn't want to be in the mans way if he could help it.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: D
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: D

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: N/A
    Link to Known Techniques: See Character Updates.
    Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 am

The young Jounin had clearly caught the attention of the slightly younger Shinobi, who'd turn towards Azuma. He'd get a response from the Genin, although his response was a bit odd to Azuma, maybe even raising an eyebrow from him as Kai went on to say he wasn't really enjoying his weapon. Was a bit of a bummer, but everyone had their tastes--Azuma was about his weapons, particularly the Naginata. It seemed Kai had been working on his style, but seemed to want to drop it in favor of Taijutsu. Still, it wasn't a bad choice. One look at Kai spoke volumes for potential in Taijutsu. The man was fairly imposing, even for someone of Azuma's stature, Azuma being rather tall and not lacking muscle tone.

Then Kai offered the weapon to Azuma.

The Jounin blinked, a bit confused, before raising his hand up in subtle protest. "I couldn't take your weapon from you...even if you don't think its for you, I'd feel bad." the man explained, a little shocked to be offered the weapon literally before names had been exchanged between them. Speaking of which. Kai gave his name, even mentioned his rank--a Fresh Genin? A man like him? Azuma may had been a bit shocked, but the man kept cool. "I'm Azuma Asakaze...and I was going to come out here to train but I saw you was already here using the training grounds--I didn't want to impose on your training. But sometimes I can't help myself from meeting a new face." Azuma introduced himself, and explained that Kai wasn't 'in his way' or anything of the sort.

"Most Genin aren't out training this early. Then again, you don't strike me as a normal Genin. Dedicated to honing your skills from what I'd seen. Who's your Squad Leader?" Azuma would first ponder on the idea Kai was up pretty early for training, before following it up with a question. Maybe it was the Sunglasses, or maybe it just wasn't plainly visible for all to see, but Azuma despite being an experienced warrior had no clue of the powers Kai held within his blood--within his eyes.

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:53 am

[OOC: Sorry, I know it's rather short, but I'm hoping the amount of dialogue to respond to will make up for it? ^^;]

The man would seem confused at his offer, was it not normal to offer a tool one didn't intend to or feel comfortable using to someone who might be more suited to it? "Why feel bad about such a thing?" He'd ask in curiosity as he simply settled the naginata blade into it's sheathe and then against a nearby rock. "If I'm not going to use it, but you might, a thought that is supported by your earlier comment. Then would it not be appropriate for you to take the weapon, even if won't use it yourself you could potentially inspire another to take it up. It's a fine starting piece of a potential user of such a weapon." He would say before considering what else the man had said.

"But you didn't come out here to answer questions and hear a mere genin talk. You came to train, and I'm taking up too much of your time. So allow me to answer your questions and suspicions." He would say, commenting on the man's hinting at him not being normal as well as the legitimate question of who his squad leader might be. "I am indeed dedicated to honing my skills. I need to become more powerful, to protect my home. I have certain talents, but they're secret, and I'd rather keep them that way frankly. They use up far too much of my chakra at the moment either way, so until I can increase my reserves, I'm afraid I won't be using them all that much regardless." He would say as he blinked, as if the man could see him doing so behind his sunglasses in curiosity at the question itself. "Squad leader? I have none as far as I know, nor a team. I am merely a man who joined the forces in order to become stronger. I am simply a man who wished for nothing more than to protect his home." He would say, voicing his thoughts aloud. "Does that change things? Have I been doing things wrong so far?" He would, curiosity in his tone.
    Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Azuma watched on as the taller man spoke, going on about how it'd make for a fine weapon for someone, if he wasn't going to use it--why not take it. Azuma sighed, he was the type he liked to earn his way, being handed a brand new weapon, especially from a stranger basically, felt wrong. But he'd push those feelings aside...he'd go ahead and step over to the rock Kai had set his glaive against, and would knell down and begin checking it out in more detail--while listening to Kai speak further. The Genin had a lot to say, actually. Was nice to meet someone who wasn't so tight lipped...Azuma was even guilty of it sometimes, most Shinobi were quiet types. So someone willing to actually chat...it was refreshing.

He listened, Azuma's gaze brought back from the weapon to Kai as the young man spoke, speaking of 'certain talents' that he possessed, but wished to keep quiet about. The mention of needing to train his chakra reserved brought Azuma back to stand, facing Kai once more. When it came to answering Azuma's question about a squad leader, this earned a raised eyebrow at first...but as Kai asked if he was doing something wrong, having not been put to a team yet, Azuma was quick to shake his head in response. "Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm sure you know this but Sunagakure just recently reformed, and the village's administration is taking its time oiling the gears. You don't need to worry that you haven't been assigned to a team yet, I don't know if anyone really is right now. The cogs of the village's higher ups are...a bit stuck right now, taking forever for anything to get done around here." Azuma would tell Kai, trying to quell his worries. Whining about the bureaucracy of the village may have shown the man's age just a little...

"If you don't mind though..." he said as he turned his focus back to the weapon, and would go to pick it up--a glance to Kai to make sure he had no issues with it before Azuma did. Azuma lifted the Steel Glaive, it was a bit heavier then he was used to. His weapons was light, even his Naginata was made with the intention of saving weight. This had some mass behind it, Azuma shifting it carefully and with a little less grace then normal to bring the blade closer to him, removing the sheath that Kai had it in and inspecting the blade...more quality work, what Azuma expected from Okane. He really would have to hit the craftsman up for some high quality weapon soon. He turned his attention back to Kai.

"If you plan on honing your skills more, and wanna work on your stamina for better chakra reserves...best thing to do is train hard right? I'll be more then happy to help you train some...maybe I can teach you a thing or two. If you want we can have a little match...feel free to attack me. Give me your best shot." Azuma said rather casually, giving Kai a friendly smile. This didn't come off as some type of 'bragging' and simply sounded as genuine as an idea could, it wasn't some 'challenge' to Kai, but an offer in aid of training...and Azuma was the type to wanna know what the Genin had so he could help with that training. As casually as he had suggested the idea of a spar, and saying to feel free to attack him, Azuma went back to paying attention to the weapon...once more inspecting its craftsmanship. He really was into weapons...

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:06 am

Kai would watch as the man would move to the weapon he himself had set against the stone and begin inspecting it closely. It was a fine weapon and well crafted. He didn't feel guilty about giving such a weapon up despite Okane giving it to him for so cheap. Kai felt that the craftsman would rather have his equipment be used by someone who enjoyed the craft, or simply used at all really. The tall genin wouldn't use the weapon, he was far more comfortable with his fists and legs and such. So him keeping it would be a total waste. The man would look back up to him and respond to his questions though, prompting a nod from the genin. Bureaucracy dragging it's ass of course, why wouldn't it be anything else that was keeping him from a team at this point? After explaining the man would turn back to the weapon, asking Kai's permission as if the genin wasn't literally trying to give it to him.

He would pick up the weapon this time and feel it's weight, and balance. It was a tad bit heavier than most such weapons would normally be, but it was still well balanced and a capable weapon in the hands of someone who could move well with it. Azuma would eventually turn back to him though and offer a spar. Telling him to feel free to attack him and to give him his best shot. Kai was skeptical about that, his best shot could obliterate a target from 50 meters away. The genin wondered if the man had been referring to his special capabilities when he said it, but decided that he simply hadn't been. Those would be far too dangerous regardless, that was something he shouldn't just utilize on a whim and it's power was simply too powerful to use unless he intended to kill the target.

This however brought a weapon to Kai's mind. "You seem confident, I realize that while I gave you my rank within the village, you did not in fact give me yours. You also refer to genin as if you were one once, but are not anymore. You're a jounin aren't you?" He would ask, tilting his head to one side as he considered his actions. Spar the jounin? Or simply decline and practice his forms more. It seemed almost illogical to spar against someone that by anyone's standard should be significantly more powerful than him. However mayhaps it would indeed prove to be a worthwhile experience in order to raise his reserves as swiftly as he could do so.
    Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:00 am

Azuma seemed very casual about the idea of a spar, he either was confident enough in his own abilities to tell someone of unknown capability to 'give him their best shot', or a fool. Luckily it was the former in Azuma's case. The man was still looking over the weapon Kai was offering him as Kai would inquire of Azuma's own rank. It drew his attention from running a finger along the razor sharp edge to looking up at Kai once more. "Oh, how rude of me--I apologize Kai. Yes, I'm a Jounin." he confirmed with a nod, and in a fairly fluid movement he would send this weapon Kai had offered him into a fairly skillful spin about his person, only made a little more rough then normal by the weight.

"Hmm...may need to work on my own muscles a little more before I can make real use of it. But if you insist you won't need it, I can't let one of Okane's fine works left unused." he said. He would with a smooth movement slip a scroll from his sleeve, and open it. He had a space within the scroll, and with a quick motion, he'd seal it. The weapon dissappeared from sight, enclosed into the scroll for use later. "Feel free to let me know if you change your mind." he added in passing before moving on to something else Kai had said. "I used to actually train here years ago when I was a Genin...heh guess I still come here to train for nostalgia's sake....the Shodaime Kazekage himself used to train here, and ever since Sunagakure has trained many Shinobi in this area. " he went on to explain, he indeed had been a Genin before--but that was many years ago now. He had been a Chuunin since 15, and even made Jounin by 19. Azuma was a very experienced shinobi indeed. He sighed quietly as memories of days past crossed his mind, but he forced them out, and returned his attention to Kai.

"Anyways, I was only offering to spar--if you don't feel like it thats perfectly fine. I can let you get back to your training and need be, I don't need use of the training grounds--worst case I can head out to the Red Sand training grounds." he said with a small chuckle. "I just always like to see what Genin have...guess its the old guy in me, I always wanna see what the next generation of Shinobi brings...even if you're probably not much younger then me." Azuma's smooth deep voice said with a friendly tone, giving the tall Genin a smile.

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Kai would listen to the man, his eyes never leaving him as he spun the weapon around like someone used to it and nodded at what the man had said regarding his rank. “No apology is necessary Azuma.” He would say politely as the man finally made his decision of keeping the weapon. He smoothly sealed it within a scroll he let slip from a sleeve and told him to tell him if he ever changed his mind. Kai wouldn’t, but it would be easier to simply agree and move along. “Of course, and be sure to pass it down without any hesitation if you find someone who would rather use it.” He would say, intent on the weapon going to someone who would use it one way or another. It was finely made, and didn’t deserve to simply sit upon a shelf, collecting dust instead of the minor knicks and scars that fine weapon should be gaining from continued use.

The knowledge that he used to train here as a kid wasn’t particularly surprising, given that he would’ve had to train somewhere and if he was from here, then it made sense he’d train here at least a few times. With that thought, it wasn’t at all a surprise that the first Kazekage trained here as well. “A training ground with a history then.” He would say simply, as he worked his wrists and knuckles, small pops radiating out from them. “I can’t say I’m a particularly talented genin yet. I only just obtained the rank. However I’m working on changing that. Although I have no particular talent anywhere yet. I haven’t figured out if I’m good with any elements yet, nor have I picked up any particular talent with Ninjutsu, weaponry, or taijutsu.” He would say, simple, blunt honesty being his hallmark, even when in regards to himself. “So I’m unsure if I would even be a fit sparring partner for a Jounin, Azuma.” He would say. Truthfully, his talents laid within his special technique, but he couldn’t show it. It was simply too risky to do so and it could kill Azuma, or even him if he wasn’t careful enough. Or at least, he couldn’t obviously show it.

Stats:

Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:35 am

When the man heard the suggestion of passing the weapon on to someone else who could make use of it, it earned a nod in agreement from Azuma, sharing the same ideal that it'd make for an amazing gift to another Genin some day--essentially. Azuma listened to the blunt and straightforward way Kai would speak, some could almost call it robotic, but it still had those more human--or maybe alien--qualities to it. Hearing him claim he had no real talent in anything in particular, it caused the Jounin to raise and eyebrow, even a slight head tilt.

"Everyone has something they are good at, sometimes it just takes time to figure it out." he'd reassure the slightly younger but also taller male, rubbing the back of his head. "I think you'd do fine. I mean, with your size, you'd make an imposing Taijutsu master." he'd say as a random thought out loud, his hand dropping back to his side after. "But if you're not interested in the idea of a spar against a Jounin then thats fine. I'll leave you too training, just make sure to work hard." Azuma said in encouragement to Kai, a smile casted his way as Azuma tried to look him in the eyes...a bit hard when the man had sunglasses on. Azuma would give a nod after this and turn about, him going ahead to move out of the training grounds to leave Kai to his training...although it wouldn't take much to stop Azuma if the Genin changed his mind on the spar, Azuma in no rush and simply walking.

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:47 am

Kai would listen to the man speak, he agreed with the principle that everyone had something they were good at. He simply hadn’t found what he himself was good at yet. Taijutsu didn’t seem right so far either, although he’d probably try again with it at a later time and feel it ‘click’ as if it was a part of him. He couldn’t use any highever ninjutsu either, although he wagered that was more or less simply a matter of practicing with his reserves and building himself up. However there was another side of that coin too. Like he said, he had never found out what elements he could use, if any. Perhaps he should begin to focusing on jutsu for the elements he could utilize well and branch off from there with more options and a stable foundation.

“Wait a second Azuma.”

He would say as the man was walking away. He had a pensive look upon his features before he turned to him. His glasses hiding hid his thoughtful look completely, but the slightly tilted and upturned head would probably be enough of a clue. “I haven’t had much luck with anything I’ve tried, however as I said, I haven’t discovered what elements I might have. As a jounin of a fresh village trying to build forces, you’re probably going to have a genin team. Do you happen to have a method to discover my elemental affinity? I might be able to utilize such knowledge to build a solid base to build upon.” He would say, as question curious as he considered all of the options.

Fire was destructive, water was exceedingly versatile, earth was brutal and unforgiving, lightning was quick and efficient, and wind was almost as a versatile as water, with the added bonus of being much more difficult to see. All of them had their bonuses, and he wouldn’t mind having any of them as his elemental affinity. All he wanted was to know which one was it so he could begin to practice it immediately. Should Azuma know of a method to discover such information, it would be far easier to discover it then simply trying to learn random jutsu after random jutsu.

Stats:

Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 am

Azuma's ears burned with the words 'Wait a second Azuma', the Jounin's forward pace would come to a halt, and the mismatched gaze of the man would be cast over his shoulder back to Kai, the man standing with an expression of thought and involvement as he went on to speak too Azuma. The Desert Rogue would, while Kai was still talking, turn around to face him again, feeling it'd been rude not to make sure Kai knew he had Azuma's attention.

When Kai said something about Azuma probably having a team of students, it almost made him chuckle, a visible moment of him holding it back, only letting out a short 'Heh' with it. He'd let Kai finish before responding. "...Wouldn't call it a team, but I do have one student. I never put my name in to take on a full Genin squad under my command...I tend to focus on more dangerous missions that Genin shouldn't come on, and never thought myself the teacher type...but. As I said. I do have a student...I offered to help teach someone very recently, another Genin with some interesting abilities. That said..."

Azuma reached behind himself, digging into a hip pouch, the secondary one that would be on the left side of his body as he was right handed, and the right kept more important items such as Shuriken in it. He pulled from the pouch a tag, a simple peace of paper...nothing on it at all, blank. With a slide of his thumb, this paper would be revealed to be two sheets of it as he held it between his fingers. "I picked up some of these as I intended to test my student's affinity..." he said, a smirk creeping across his features. He'd walk back, approaching Kai again. He didn't expect Kai to even know what this blank sheet of paper was, so he'd halt fairly close to the slightly taller man, taking one within his other hand while he continued holding the other between his fingers.

"If you channel your chakra into this piece of paper, it'll react differently depending on what element you are more in-tune with naturally. If it gets soggy, Suiton--if it splits in half, Futon--if it catches fire, Katon--if it crumbles, Doton--and if it--"--Azuma channeled his own chakra into the paper, it instantly crinkling up--"--crinkles like this, Raiton. I admit--I can only utilize only one element myself...but since I do, I focus on it." he would finish explaining, with the added note about his own use of only Raiton. He was the 'Raiton Warrior' after all...unofficially. With that out the way, the one he'd taken into his other hand was offered to Kai. "You try. Hold it between your fingers, and flow some chakra into it."

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:13 am

Kai would listen to the man explain that he did have a student, but it wasn't anything like a genin team yet. He mentioned how he preferred going on more dangerous missions alone, generally choosing the life of the worker bee shinobi. It was a respectable decision. However the man seemed to already be going against what he stated in that regard by taking on at least one student. Was he finding himself potentially more of a teacher than he thought he was? Was he normally that contradicting? Kai didn't know, however it was fairly irrelevant at the time. For Azuma did have some sort of paper that would allow him to test his affinity. Kai listening intently, nodding where appropriate before taking the paper from the man. Fire, it burns, water, it becomes soggy, earth, it crumbles, wind, is splits in half, lightning, it crumples up. He looked at the paper a moment, wondering if he was soon to discover where his path should lay.

Channeling chakra into the paper, he'd blink in surprise at what happened. Of course, Azuma still wouldn't see that since his sunglasses would block the view. However what occurred with the paper was nothing short of incredible. The slip of chakra paper split into fourths, and then one fourth did a different thing. One crumbled, another crinkled, another turns turned to ash, and finally the last one of course got soggy. Kai blinked once or twice before looking at Azuma, he wasn't sure what to say, or if he should just keep his mouth closed and let the man react. However Kai was exceedingly surprised at what had happened, was such a thing common? He wasn't sue, but he assumed he was about to find out.

Stats:

Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Azuma handed Kai the paper and would watch as the slightly younger man looked at it...well...at least from what Azuma could tell, who knew where this guy's eyes where looking behind those shades. Maybe Azuma needed a pair...nah. Either way he'd watch as Kai went to channel chakra through the slip of paper--mismatched hues watching for what happened with a fairly serious expression. What happened next...well...

Azuma watched the spectacle, something he never seen the paper do before. Azuma watched as the paper split, and each piece did something else. He couldn't tell--hell he wasn't even looking--but Kai was blinking in confusion at the result, where Azuma literally hadn't reacted at all...still staring at where the paper once was, un-moved...

Tick...tick...tick. Ding. He looked back up at Kai after being metaphorically frozen in thought, processing what he witnessed...even a fairly intelligent man like Azuma needed a moment to process that. "...Welp, that's new. Hmm...." he looked off to the side, thinking for a moment. After a bit of thought the man looked back to Kai, smirking. "...Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'm right, you may have...well, I'll call it a gift for elements. I've never seen it do that before, it did every tell for each of the five basic chaka natures." he'd express his theory to the man. But Azuma wasn't a fan of theories, so...he had to test this.

"Mind if I try to teach you a Ninjutsu? I can only harness Raiton but if my theory holds true--you should be able to learn it."

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Azuma’s reaction was quite amusing to Kai, so much so, that it almost almost made him crack a smile. He hadn’t known that would happen either, but watching the man try to process what he had seen and finally reacting to it was entertaining. The man would take a moment to consider what he had seen before looking back to him smirking with a theory. Kai would listen to said theory and nod in understanding. “That makes sense.” He would say before the man spoke again. Kai would listen to the man’s request, he wanted to...teach him a jutsu? Why would he say no to such an offer? All it was was more strength he could utilize. Although one point might have escaped the higher ranking shinobi.

“You say you want to test your theory, but without the ability to use other elements yourself, then how are you intending to test it if all you can teach me is Raiton? I won’t deny the offer of teaching, but this will take time. I’ll practice with the other elements in my spare time now. If you still want, teach me that lightning technique and we’ll see if your theory at least has a good start.” He’d say, utterly reasonable as he went silent and waited for Azuma to continue. He wondered what jutsu the man would teach him. Obviously it would be something rather low ranked due to her lack of experience. But that didn’t stop him from being curious anyway.

Stats:

Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:50 pm

Azuma would listen to what Kai had to say, it only earning an eyebrow raise from the Shinobi. "I never said it was a sure fire way to confirm the theory, just that it'd help confirm it." he'd correct Kai pretty quickly. Azuma tried to ignore the somewhat rude pointing out of the obvious and move on, going ahead and taking a few steps back from Kai, creating enough distance to not endanger the tall man. "Hmm...this one might be a bit advanced for you, but we'll see how it goes. Alright...So the hand seals for this jutsu are Tiger--Snake--and Tiger again." he would say, while also slowly performing these hand seals as he said them.

"Once you finish the hand seals, imagine your chakra...now make it vibrate at high speed. If you can get your chakra to vibrate it'll create the foundation for all Raiton abilities. Might take you a second to get it, I'm not gonna act like I'm the best teacher around by far, but if you can do that--you should be able to focus this vibrating chakra through your hands and..." with that he clutched the last Tiger sign just a bit more, before extending out both arms, and as he did, lightning energy would form about his palms, before it would rip from his hands and spread out, able to hit multiple targets at once, "Lightning Release: Thunderbolt" echoing as the lightning was seen spreading out as it did but Azuma had positioned himself so it wouldn't come close to Kai. This went out for 20m from his position before finally sparking out. Azuma's hands fell back to his side and he'd look at Kai, a single motion gesturing for him to try as Azuma would step further back out of the way.

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:06 pm

Kai would nod his head in understanding "I didn't intend to cause offense if I did." He would say, apologizing as best he could in the situation before paying close attention to Azuma's actions. 'Tiger, Snake, and Tiger once more.' He would think as he committed the seals to memory and continued to watch what happened. Listening to the Jounin as he did. Lightning techniques seemed as good a place to start as any after all. Once he'd explained the technique, the Tiger seal would drop and lightning would fire from his hands, spreading out into a twenty meter spread from his position.

Kai would watch the jutsu, note it's branches and forks as pure electrical energy ravaged the targeted area. Azuma had made sure not to target Kai in the attack, and Kai would nod in understanding after seeing the technique done. Once the man had dropped his arms and gestured for Kai to try, the muscular genin would oblige.

'Tiger, Snake, Tiger.' He would think as he formed the seals carefully while channeling chakra into his hands. Then he'd release the final seal and throw his hands forward, feeling the vibrating chakra radiate toward the closest point of exit, his fingertips. Arcing streaks of lightning would coalesce around his fingers before firing off into a similar spread to what Azuma had just done. The area in a twenty meter cone would be ravaged by lightning once more. The genin ensuring that Azuma wasn't in the line of fire. The dancing branches flickered and struck the ground before dissipating harmlessly. Kai would turn to Azuma and raise an inquisitive eyebrow. "How did I do?" He'd ask neutrally.

Stats:

Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:32 pm

The Desert Rogue would watch from his safe distance, watching on as not to long after he had presented for Kai to try, he'd watch as the young but imposing Genin would shift through the three hand seals, and almost as if he knew it all long, the young man would be able to cast the Raiton jutsu, releasing a burst from his hands just as the Jounin had before, drawing a smirk from Azuma before Kai ended up turning towards him, and asking how he did. Azuma simply kept his smirk, and even opted to not answer, instead the man would pose a simple question.

"Kai, how you you feel about becoming my student...I guess If I am taking on one, I might as well take on another...plus I want to see what you are capable of, I get the feeling we're only scratching the surface...what you think?"

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:59 am

The question would come as a surprise to the tall genin and he'd blink once or twice behind his glasses as he processed the question. They'd talked about squads a bit earlier but he hadn't anticipated an offer like this. Did Azuma want to teach him because he seemed to have a talent for elements? Did he just want him as a student because of said talent? Did all teachers just want talented students despite the fact that the true measure of a teachers skill is how well they can cause one without talent to truly rise thanks to their guidance? Naaaah probably not. It was probably the desire to see how high said talented students could reach. A desire to have a guiding hand in those that could become movers and shakers in the world.

Kai would feel flattered at the offer and accept with a small nod. "I accept..Azuma-Sensei." He would say, using the title for the man for the first time. It would certainly fit now that the man would be his teacher so it made sense to get used to it immediately. Still though, with this talent for all five elements he would need to figure how more jutsu to learn, perhaps a trek to what passed as a library for research on each of the elements? Compiling a list of jutsu to learn and memorizing it shouldn't be too hard. "So what happens now?" He would ask, wondering if the Jounin had any desire to teach him anymore lightning jutsu or any other objectives.

Stats:

Azuma Asakaze
    Azuma Asakaze

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Azuma Asakaze Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:05 pm

Azuma watched for a response from Kai, mismatched hues noting the nod from the younger man, and hearing his words. It was almost an echo from the last time he'd offered to teach someone, Kurenai had referred to him as 'sensei' just as quick as Kai would. It'd strike a chord within him, but he wouldn't show it. Maybe he could be a good teacher...but only time could tell. The follow up though, 'So what happens now', drew a pause on Azuma's face. But he was quick to smile again, and respond. "Well I'll need to fill out paperwork but thats something I can do later." he'd say, quickly following it up with an offer.

"So, I'm pretty hungry. How about you join me to get some breakfast? We can discuss information I'll need for paperwork over some food." he said,smile shifted into a full face grin. He'd go ahead and just gesture for Kai to come with him, he wasn't taking no for an answer it seemed. This is pretty much what he did when he had took on Kurenai as a student, offering a meal and a chat to start the Sensei-Student friendship. The Desert Rogue turned and would begin making his way out of the training grounds, hoping Kai was in tow.

--Exit Post

Post by Mal'Zeth Muramatsu Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:25 am

Hearing that the man would need to fill out paperwork would cause Kai to wince internally. He didn't understand this worlds fascination with having every single little thing documented, signed, and filed. Sometimes, in triplicate. It was insane, so he already felt mildly bad for the his new sensei because he had said yes. To be punished in such a way for trying to help usher in a new generation of power houses for their village was cruel. The offer of food however would bring a contemplative look upon his face before shrugging and following after Azuma. He could choose to ignore that it wasn't really an offer once the man left and motioned for him to follow. He could stay and train anyway, but what did he have to train now anyway? He didn't know of what jutsu each element could allow him to learn regardless. Besides, food was good, free food was better, and he was hungry.

Since he'd be off duty he could open up a bit more too. Kai tended to take things seriously when it came to work, even training. It was the natural danger inherent in their jobs that caused him to take things seriously and wall himself into a state of focus and determination. While he was working, his answers were short, to the point, and he didn't show much emotion. When he was off duty he was much more open. He looked forward to breakfast and followed after Azuma to where the Jounin intended to whisk him away for food to.

--Exit, 11 posts for Kai total

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 am