Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+3
Orihime
Son'Rei
Hua Li
7 posters

Plot Tracker / Character Lore Subforum.

Hua Li
    Hua Li

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

Plot Tracker / Character Lore Subforum. Empty Plot Tracker / Character Lore Subforum.

Post by Hua Li Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:34 pm

As per suggestion of Nyg, here's a thread.

What is this about?

The idea is to gauge the interest in a subforum specifically for people to make an OOC thread in where they can flesh out their character to a much deeper level (while maintaining proper overview) than what updates would allow us to do.

Examples
    The most common example is a 'plot tracker'. A thread in where you can keep track of threads you RP'd with others and bundle them in personal story arcs. As if you were keeping tabs on the progress of your character's personal stories.

Personally, I am a big fan of fleshing out my character to a greater degree. This include most often:
    - Family trees and lineages. Often with a description of my char's relation towards them
    - Relations. This relates mostly towards other PCs, in which I keep notes and track of what my character thinks of these people. This could serve as a personal note book, this could include emotions. Friends, rivals, enemies, etc..
    - Storylines. I often create threads and missions according to a certain 'story arc' and link them in this post in what should be the chronological order. This can further include additional notes much like the back-cover of a book would, or even be associated with a set of new jutsu my char picked up as a form of growth/reflection.
    - Character Lore. This is most important to me for characters which I give certain unusual secrets or not readily available information.
    Example of this would be Hua Li's 'Demon Script'. But I have done this to write out far more extensive lore that played an important part to my character (Lais' 'Three Keys' of occult lore).
    - Buildings of importance. On Gladius, this could easily relate to the description of the house given by Living Expenses. By this I mean an extensive description of every room, possibly including pictures. The greater the house, the greater the setting described. Ask Fives/Verd/Chi about the Saga's Spider Island if you want an idea.
    - Whatever more I deem important.

Why?

While not a mandatory thing, as a world-builder and an analytic personality, descriptions and proper explanations of my character's lore and background are crucial to me. Perhaps other players feel like this about their character as well. Having an OOC subforum for that purpose would allow us to properly give it a place, while offering other people the ability to gain a deeper understanding of our character's workings. Or they might simply enjoy the level of depth that is being offered and take inspiration out of it.

Plot Tracker / Character Lore Subforum. 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Son'Rei
    Son'Rei
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Plot Tracker / Character Lore Subforum. Empty Re: Plot Tracker / Character Lore Subforum.

Post by Son'Rei Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:01 pm

I 100% support this, I have been on many sites with similar aspects, all with different names but I refer to it as a Complete Profile. Where you can add to your history or change of personality or minor changes in appearances over the course of the life of the character (your rp time) minor things that don't need an update but helps keep people informed about the character your RPing with as well as be able to include the influences of other player characters, and the like. This helps with keeping track of the characters IC development, if the player wants to.

Last edited by Son'Rei on Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orihime

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: not much

Plot Tracker / Character Lore Subforum. Empty Re: Plot Tracker / Character Lore Subforum.

Post by Orihime Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:08 pm

For the veterans, for the renown here in gladius, I would like to know why they are renown. I would like to keep track on my own as well.
    I thought this site already has a plot tracker and thought I just haven’t found it yet, I think we need this.
    Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

Post by Ei Kanagawa Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:54 pm

Hua Li wrote:As per suggestion of Nyg, here's a thread.

What is this about?

The idea is to gauge the interest in a subforum specifically for people to make an OOC thread in where they can flesh out their character to a much deeper level (while maintaining proper overview) than what updates would allow us to do.

Examples
    The most common example is a 'plot tracker'. A thread in where you can keep track of threads you RP'd with others and bundle them in personal story arcs. As if you were keeping tabs on the progress of your character's personal stories.

Personally, I am a big fan of fleshing out my character to a greater degree. This include most often:
    - Family trees and lineages. Often with a description of my char's relation towards them
    - Relations. This relates mostly towards other PCs, in which I keep notes and track of what my character thinks of these people. This could serve as a personal note book, this could include emotions. Friends, rivals, enemies, etc..
    - Storylines. I often create threads and missions according to a certain 'story arc' and link them in this post in what should be the chronological order. This can further include additional notes much like the back-cover of a book would, or even be associated with a set of new jutsu my char picked up as a form of growth/reflection.
    - Character Lore. This is most important to me for characters which I give certain unusual secrets or not readily available information.
    Example of this would be Hua Li's 'Demon Script'. But I have done this to write out far more extensive lore that played an important part to my character (Lais' 'Three Keys' of occult lore).
    - Buildings of importance. On Gladius, this could easily relate to the description of the house given by Living Expenses. By this I mean an extensive description of every room, possibly including pictures. The greater the house, the greater the setting described. Ask Fives/Verd/Chi about the Saga's Spider Island if you want an idea.
    - Whatever more I deem important.

Why?

While not a mandatory thing, as a world-builder and an analytic personality, descriptions and proper explanations of my character's lore and background are crucial to me. Perhaps other players feel like this about their character as well. Having an OOC subforum for that purpose would allow us to properly give it a place, while offering other people the ability to gain a deeper understanding of our character's workings. Or they might simply enjoy the level of depth that is being offered and take inspiration out of it.

I am in support of this.
    Bones!
    Bones!

Village : Kirigakure

Post by Bones! Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:55 pm

This is a must. If not, then I'm flooding misc with all of my shit.
    Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Lightning, Water, Wind, Storm, Dark
    Class: S
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:29 pm

I love this concept! I want to implement it now.

Post by Iwai_Hyuuga Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:36 pm

1000% Approve of this.

This and maybe another Sub-Forum for RP Classifieds.

Those two things where the only 2 things on BG that weren't attrocious. And were crafty little RP things, nothing really XP worthy or "Staff needs to look at these". Just some fun things RP'ers could use if they wanted too.

Skill(s): Bloodline, Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Genjutsu

Stats

Strength: E
    Constitution: D [150]
    Stamina: C [450]
    Speed: C [450]
    Coordination: C [450]
    Intelligence: C [450]
    Perception: D [150]

-------

Always keep money at the clan district;

Byuakkugan:
    15 Posts
    500 m Omni-Range (neck weakness)
    250 m telescope
    50 m Tekketsu Read.

---------

0 Ryo
    - 700 XP Debt

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:43 am