Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Invoice

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Invoice Empty Invoice

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:16 pm

Vik was out for the day and so Shimiko occupied his office in the Chinoike Clan District. He was out conducting research at the nearby hospital and so she would have the place all to herself for the rest of the day. War was on the horizon and so her first order of business was to upgrade her weapons.

Shimiko penned a letter to a famous weapons-crafter in Suna. The man had built a solid reputation for crafting next level weapons and she had long admired his skill from a distance. Her job prevented her from reaching that level of crafting herself and so she saw no harm in outsourcing the difficulties of upgrading her arsenal to someone more experienced. The letter would also include an invoice with 1.1 Million Ryo and the official seal of Kumogakure. This wasn't just about getting herself better gear though. Sunagkaure had been a chaotic failed state for a few years now and yet there was a crafter that was consistently churning out high quality materials from that part of the world. Clearly, the political situation must have stabilized. And if had stabilized, then it was in Kumo's best interest to develop contacts with this new government.

Spoiler:

Flattery tends to work best with his sort...

Shimiko then sent the letter off and asked for the Clan Messenger to bring in Arashi.

Invoice Empty Re: Invoice

Post by Arashi Hayate Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:52 am

The young fairly new clan head of the Inazuma clan had requested for a meeting with the Raikage to discuss permission to leave the village in pursuit on leads for his brother's whereabouts, but had been given the response of the Raikage herself was not in the village, away for some meeting. All Arashi cared about was the fact he couldn't talk to the Raikage...but he still had another option, the one standing in the Raikage's place during her absence--Shimiko Chinoike. He had to travel into the clan district for the Chinoike clan, it felt a little odd for the Inazuma clan leader, but he was given the chance to meet with Shimiko and he wouldn't miss it, the man smiling as he strolled to the place he'd been given to meet her at.

Upon arriving he was made to wait, she seemed to be in but was busy at the moment. The generally cheery man kept a smile the while time, until he was requested, given permission to enter. He'd enter the office upon request, the young Ranton user casting a smile towards the beauty before him as he entered. "'Ello, hope I am not taking up to much of your time, Shimiko-sama." he'd say with his signature charming tone, despite the apology the man held an air of confidence in his voice. The young man's vivid amber hues aimed to look Shimiko in her eyes, if she was to gaze back at him while he got to the point.

"I was going to address this to Raikage-Sama, but it seems she isn't around and I was sent your way. I was hoping to request permission for some time away from the village." he said still smiling, although the smile slowly faded into a more serious look as he spoke. "I recently heard rumor of my brother Hyoketsu Hayate having been spotted heading west in the Land of Rivers, towards the Land of Wind...I wish to follow up on these rumors, I know its a lot to ask--but...well, its my bro. I can't just let this go. I'm willing to accept terms to make this happen, this isn't my first time requesting time away." he went on to say, wasting zero time getting to the point. He didn't wish to beat around the bush.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Shimiko didn't know much about the new leader of the Inazuma Clan. She had more or less ignored them after the Lei Inazuma Incident and it appeared the clan was so ashamed of their ward's actions that they didn't make much fuss as the Chinoike Clan began taking over more and more village functions. That being said, they were still entitled to respect within Kumo and that meant being able to request an audience with her at will. Shimiko was acting Kage while Nariko was away on business in Kirigakure. She had been put in charge to deal with the Church and the Loyalists who hated them. While that matter was squared away, new ones kept cropping up and she had no doubt that this Arashi Hayate would bring a fresh problem to her plate.

Shimiko was pleasantly surprised when she was greeted by a young man. He sported blue hair, a piercing in his ear, and a set of tattoos. Shimiko would return his smile and gaze before responding:

" Oh please! I will always make time for the leader of the Inazuma Clan"

Shimiko was half Inazuma herself although she didn't really identify with that side of her family. She had always emphasized her Chinoike heritage and truth be told, her household was a Chinoike household. Nevertheless, she had always done her best to show the utmost respect and deference to the Chinoike Clan's liege-clan. It was a habit drilled into her from birth and even now she found herself standing to greet him.

"Please sit" she'd gesture before returning to her chair.

Arashi got straight to the point. Good. She found that her generation was much better at cutting though the pleasantries and flatteries. Vik would have inquired endlessly into the man's family life, what he had eaten, what he'd like to drink, and on and on until the sun was ready to set. Shimiko had little patience for such trivialities so it was much appreciated when Arashi outright stated the purpose for his visit.

The blonde listened as he mentioned that he had heard rumors that his brother was on the move. She wasn't terribly familiar with the situation though. The Menza Crisis had kept her out of the loop on such matters and while she was sure she could pull his file, it'd be easier if Arashi just told her precisely why his brother had left the safety of Kumo in the first place. To have a family member missing was a terrible thing. No Kage or stand-in Kage would have been able to prevent Shimiko from going after her brother if she was in Arashi's shoes. Keeping this in mind, she tried to be understanding of his situation while also considering the needs of the village.

"...I apologize Arashi but can you remind me the exact circumstances of your brother leaving Kumo? If this is a matter of tracking him down and bringing him back I can send a squad out to investigate. As you know, these aren't the safest of times we're living in and I hesitate to give you permission to go after your brother when I don't know the full scope of the situation"

Post by Arashi Hayate Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:27 pm

He'd hear her response about always making time for the leader of a respected clan of Kumo, that she seemed fine with making some time out of the day to speak with him-- it'd make the young man feel a bit more at-ease about this. He always had the small worry he'd be denied when making this request, but typically those with the power to grant him such a liberty were understanding. "I do appreciate it, its an honor to be able to speak with such a beauty of the Chinoike clan." he said with confidence, his natural flirty but charming tone slipping for a moment, even giving her a slight bow with a smile and wink cast her way upon her having stood to greet him. He'd go ahead and take a seat in the chair she gestured too, slipping back into a simply cheery smile rather then a flirty one.

Still, this was a business meeting, he was trying to keep his flirtatious attitude in check, at least a little. He kept a composed face as she would get down to business, expressing desire for more information about his brother. This was the two's first meeting, it was completely understandable she had no idea about the situation. He'd simply give a cheery response--his attitude hardly ever faltered by anything. Made being around him at times a delight, and other times maybe annoying--him being the type to smile and make a joke during a more serious time. But he also had more tact, he could reel it in, keeping it to a simple smile and friendly tone.

"Understandable that you haven't heard anything about it, I try not to make too much a fuss. My brother is from Yukigakure, not Kumogakure. Our mother moved there when we was younger and she took Hyoketsu with her...anyways about 6 years ago he was sent out on a mission, didn't return when he should've. I went to find him and did, but without warning he knocked me out and that was the last I saw of him, he never came back to Yuki. Thats the short version, I don't wanna bore you with details of chasing him for 3 days before that even happened." he'd go on to say, a hand reaching up and rubbing the back of his head. His arm was completely bandaged, making it impossible for Shimiko to actually see his tattoos, his shirt covering the back piece, and the bandages hiding his sleeve of ink. He kept them covered as he knew many would judge him for it, Tattoo's being typically seen as a sign for a criminal.

He'd lower his hand and fairly quickly continue on. "I recently got word of him being spotted near the border with Kaze no Kuni, and I can't pass up any chance to find out what happened to him, what he has been doing...he said his Mission wasn't over...But he had completed the Mission from Yuki already..." now his cheery tune had been broken, the man glanced down at the desk between them for a moment, and his smile was wiped away for a more somber look. He composed himself and looked back into Shimiko's eyes, his vivid Amber hues filled with determination. He didn't need to even say it...he intended to go, but he wanted to do it the right way rather then just sneaking away.

"I don't want Kumo wasting any more important assets for another village, I'm stronger then the average Genin but I'm still not too much of an asset--where an entire squad would leave the village that much less defended. This is my business to attend to...You're clearly someone important to the Chinoike clan, I'd hope you can understand what it'd feel like if you had a brother missing for 6 years, you'd want to go to the ends of the earth to find out what is going on..." he'd finish, giving her his perspective of things, while calling on her compassion for family matters. "I've already made arrangements for another member of he Inazuma clan to stand in my place during my absence." he added, possibly confirming how intent he was on doing this.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Shimiko flicked her hand at him in an "Oh stop it" kind of way when he referred to her as the beauty of the Chinoike Clan. She wasn't sure if it was true but she did like to think of herself as being the prettiest and most skilled kunoichi in Kumo. Playing to that side of her ego was a smart move, although it would only get Arashi so far. Fortunately, there was a decent bit of substance to his request. Arashi relayed the story of his brother to Shimiko who sat back with her hands folded. She listened with a compassionate yet somewhat neutral look on her face.

The man was a Yukigakure Ninja. Shimiko found this interesting as the conquest of that country was long overdue. She didn't comment on that fact though. It appeared as though Arashi's brother had some unfinished business and he wasn't willing to join his family until that business was completed. That left Arashi in the dark and worried for his family member's well being. He made a couple of good points in asking for permission to leave. Times were uncertain and it wasn't smart to send a squad of shinobi to go on a wild goose chase. Arashi was also willing to leave a representative behind who could manage the clan in his absence. He even appealed to Shimiko's sense of dedication to her own family. He had good intentions but the way he worded it was problematic. It had rubbed Shimiko the wrong way and that was clear when she turned her head up at him a quarter of an inch. Her own brother had died in this very village. While he was correct in stating that there were no lengths she wouldn't go to to find him if she were in his shoes, she found it uncouth of him to talk to her like that.

Luckily, Shimiko had matured over these past few years and she had learned to not be so sensitive when people referenced her dearly departed brother. The woman steepled her hands and set her elbows on the desk, Kage-style. It appeared that his mind was already made up and that this was more of a courtesy visit than a genuine request. She could have him arrested for desertion but that would only alienate the Inazuma Clan. The village was still deeply divided and the last thing Shimiko wanted to do was turn people against her and the Church. By granting him leave to find his brother, Shimiko would be doing just what Nariko asked her to: keep the village united and functioning until the real Raikage could return.

"Alright Arashi, I'll allow you to leave the village to go after your brother but I have a few conditions you must adhere to...."

Shimiko began listing them on her hand one by one.

"First, I cannot risk your bloodline falling into the wrong hands. I am going to place a seal on you that will ensure that your kekkei genkai is not stolen by a foreign adversary. Jashin forbid you die on this quest, the seal will activate and poison your organs thereby making them unsuitable for transplantation. Second, I need you to check in with me every three to five months regarding your status. You'll send a written report to Kumo which will include an update on your well-being along with any interesting intelligence that could prove useful to the village. Third, I don't want you making trouble for us. Don't join any criminal organizations or foreign villages. If you want to do something that violates the law or may harm Kumo's interests then you can speak to us and you better have a damn good reason for it. Fourth, if Kumo needs you, you must come home right away. But I will only call on you to return if there is an emergency.....I know what its like to lose a family member...I've lost a lot of people these past few years and I won't put that pain on you. I want you to find your brother and make sure he's safe...that's an order"

Post by Arashi Hayate Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:37 pm

Arashi wasn't exactly the brightest guy, but he could read obvious body language, able to pick up on the head tilt, him getting the vibe he had struck some nerve. The man had spent a lot of time away from the village over the years, much like Shimiko was unaware of his own situation, Arashi was not aware of her own brother's fate. But Arashi would simply keep this note to himself for now.

His vivid amber hues watched as Shimiko shifted her position, taking on a TsunadeKage style--elbows on desk, fingers laced at chin level--position in her seat, very different then her seating position while he had told her his quick recap on his situation. Meanwhile he had remained the same position in his seat, sat rather straight up despite normally not having the best posture, body language speaking volumes of him being focused on the conversation and the woman before him. Even if this wasn't an important discussion and request, put a pretty lady in front of the man--and he was focused like the laser beams he could create, accurate--but fluid.

Arashi would find himself granted the permission he desired though, Shimiko responding, but mentioning she had 'conditions' for this allowance she was to bestow him. The man knew that it would be coming, he'd sat in this chair before...well, not this chair, but in this same situation before years ago. The man nodded in the pause between her stating she had some conditions, and beginning to list them off--him watching a finger raise with each condition she had. He listened to her, although the first one caught him a bit off guard. A Fuuinjutsu to seal his bloodline if he was to meet his unfortunate end? It wouldn't take bit a split second for him to agree it wasn't a bad idea, and that if its what would make the difference, he was willing to do so.

The rest, they was exactly what he expected. He could've almost copied her word for word if he wasn't as polite. Check in every three too five months by sending a report back to the village, don't make a fuss in the name of Kumogakure or join any other organization or village while away, and that he was to be available to a swift return upon request if the village was in need of his services. The man did still have his duty to hold, even if his path was very different then most's. It was what she said next that actually lead to a visible reaction--not even the mention of a Fuuin being put on him had made him budge, but this did. This was subtle, but his eyes widened just a bit when she said 'thats an order'. This would after a moment draw a smile upon his features again, his lips curled a bit, while his eyes remained determined, filled with Lightning.

"Well if thats an order then I can't fail on my mission." he said through his smirk. His expression would soon shift though, more an inquisitive look now. "I fully agree to your conditions, they are exactly what I expected. Well...besides one. I haven't had a Fuuinjutsu used on me before...hm. Guess there is a first time for everything, ya?" he said before casting a toothy grin. But he was quick to shift back to a more neutral expression and back on topic.

"Well...what do we need to do then to perform this Fuuinjutsu? I'm ready if you are, I mean...I am as ready as I can be willing letting someone use a jutsu on me..." he said, a small note of being a hint uncomfortable with the idea of it, but still willingly to do so, and not visually showing any uneasy look, remaining determined with a side of cheery. He clearly wasn't the type to let much get to him.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:33 am

Shimiko smiled when Arashi took the her words to heart. He smirked demonstrating that he understood she was being playful. She noticed he was awfully flirty which wasn't all that surprising. She had grown up around Vik who was more or less the same albeit older and more conservative in his appearance. Fortunately, unlike Vik who was twice her age, Arashi was on the younger side. This made returning his flirtations much less awkward.

"I'm going to need you to take off your shirt first...that is unless you're shy about that kinda thing" she said with a playful smile. Her grin (and blush) was partially hidden by her steepled hands. Shimiko really did need to see his bare back in order to place the seal on his body, but she'd be lying to herself if she wasn't genuinely interested to see what the Inazuma Clan Leader was packing.

Assuming the young man obliged her request and took of his shirt, Shimiko's eyes would linger for a moment. She'd then abruptly stand and walk over to him while also activating her Ketsurygan in preparation for what was to come next. "Please turn around" she'd say in a friendly but professional tone. She didn't want to make it terribly obvious that she was enjoying this more than she should.

If he complied with her request, she'd place a hand between his shoulder blades. The first thing Arashi would notice was that Shimiko's hands were delicate and soft. Bukijutsu users were renown for their coarse, calloused, and rough hands. But the Grandmistress of the style was so practiced with her blades that her grip was as precise as her strokes. Not too hard and not too soft. Shimiko located the appropriate spot for the seal while also enjoying the view the Clan Leader had provided her. Once she was satisfied, she'd flicker through a series of seals and slam her palm into his back. A flash of chakra erupted from her hand and a few drops of her blood entered his body. The Kanji for "Necrosis" appeared and then slipped under his skin. The Fuuinjutsu had successfully been applied. No one would know that it resided within his body, ready to activate in the event of his death.

Shimiko gave his shoulder a final pat and then stepped back. She shrugged at the simplicity of the matter.

"All done!" she said with a cheerful grin.

Necrotic Organ Seal - LEARNED [No WC Required]

Post by Arashi Hayate Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:50 am

The young man would find himself being requested to remove his shirt, followed up by a comment of 'unless you're shy' which only made him have a quick and subtle chuckle. "Now now, what would others think, seeing me in your office stripping down." he said with a grin following, the man standing up while he did. "Imagine what people will be whispering about the head of the Inazuma clan and the young beauty of the Chinoike...or is this just a ploy to see me without a shirt?" he said through his grin, teasing her a bit. The man was confident, that was for sure. She could end him in a second if she wanted, but he couldn't help but let the natural charm slide in--especially when she seemed to play off of it.

The young man would oblige her though, first removing his baldric that held his sword over his back, setting it down on the chair he had been sitting in. The man would grip both hands onto the collar of his shirt, and lift, slipping his head out and shimmying for Shimiko just a lil as he slipped the shirt off his body, revealing both the work of art that was Arashi's sculpted body, muscles toned, almost the perfect mixture of muscle, lean, and tone--while also revealing the rather beautiful work of ink that crossed most of Arashi's back, with the vibrant literal blood red leafs curling around his side a bit--almost matching up with the leafs on his arm if they had been revealed. He stretched just a little, and rolled his shoulders, maybe cause he needed to--maybe just to 'flex' a little in Shimiko's presence. It surely wasn't past the man to do so.

"I do hope I'm not too...distracting" he said with a grin cast her way. It did seem she took a moment to even stand up, just a small pause for her to get a nice view of the shirtless man in front of her, before Arashi watched Shimiko stand from her seat, and approach him. Now that she had removed her hands from in front of her features, Arashi couldn't help but not notice the very subtle blush crossing the woman's features. Ah, so she was enjoying this, if only just a little. But he left it alone, amber hues watching as the beautiful blonde Jashinist would activate her Doujutsu, noted by the shift in her eyes, Arashi seemingly not phased by the shift from a shimmering Jade to Red--it wasn't the first time he'd seen the Chinoike's bloodline limit activated in his life.

The man was requested to turn around, which he would, turning himself about to show her his back, her surely getting a full view of the ink forever emblazoned in it. The red of the leafs peeking through the clouds was bright, such a eye catching pop of color. What she likely didn't know was the fact there was real blood mixed into the ink for those. Same with the tattoo still hidden on his arm. The young Hayate would feel the woman's hand come to his back, feeling her soft skin meet his, making him arch his back just a tiny hint in recoil but otherwise letting her fully do her job. She seemed to run this hand over his back until finding a place she had been satisfied with. He wasn't watching, probably a good thing she didn't intend to hurt him.

The man felt her hand once more, this time applied with some force, him holding firm as her hand contacted his back, and the sealing itself with take place. He didn't get to see it, although the spark of chakra did ignite a quick like as the seal was activated and brought to lfie by it. Luckily it didn't leave a visible mark, Arash glancing over his shoulder after feeling her pat his shoulder, watching her step back and shrug before claiming it was finished, giving him a cheery smile. This would earn a bright smile back from him in return. He glanced down to where she had used it on him, at least the best he could trying to look over his shoulder--probably worth a chuckle watching--him glad to tell it left nothing oddly placed over his work of art. Would hate to have such ink go to waste with some Fuuin Formula sticker slapped over it.

Arashi turned back around while continuing to smile, the man standing about seven inches higher then the woman standing before him. "Now see, I thought it'd be hard and painful...but that was just a pleasure, might as well have tickled." he joked with her about the Fuuinjutsu process, giving her a full face smile--eyes shut and all. He'd go back to look her in the eyes, Amber hues looking to meet her either crimson or emerald gaze. "I do hope that Fuuinjutsu was as you said it was...I'd hate to become some slave, fanning you as you sit in your throne, while being nothing but eye candy cause you sealed my soul to serve yours." he continued to kid with her, giving the shorter Kumo Kunoichi a playful wink as he did. Who knew, maybe such a thing wouldn't be that bad. He'd grab his shirt and sword from the chair, and simply slung them over his shoulder, not taking the time to put it back on just yet. He wasn't shy, that was for sure.

"I do appreciate it, Shimiko...I know asking permission to leave the village for some time is a big request, and not so quick to be given out to just everybody. I'm glad you are willing to let me pursue Hyoketsu...He doesn't even know our father, former head of the clan Hikotaka, was murdered a couple years ago..." he seemed to shift to a much more serious conversation, letting her know he did genuinely appreciate the responsibility she was granting him, while bringing up the fairly recent death of his father--reason he had became the leader of the Inazuma at such a young age, even more at such a weak stage in his life. Surely many of the older members was stronger then him...but the clan had liked Hikotaka as leader, however short a time it was, and trusted his son Arashi with the task following his death. This would've been pretty big news in Kumo, seeing as the Inazuma had a hand in Kumo's founding only a number of years back, during Arashi's lifetime even.

"Thank you...Shimiko-sama" he ended it with, giving her a more normal smile now, and reaching out with the hand he hadn't been using for holding his sword and shirt over his shoulder, palm open and up, inviting Shimiko's hand. If she'd oblige him, the man would bow to just below her height, while raising the young woman's hand up, a gentlemanly brief kiss to the back of her hand, before gently letting it down and go, standing upright, continuing to give her a smile. If she instead took his hand in a more handshake fashion, that'd be what he'd do instead...or maybe he'd be left hanging, which was fine--but a bit awkward for him. Who knew how this would go, maybe she'd just be like 'off with ye' head in the name of Jashin' and his story ended here.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:05 am

"It'd be scandalous" she said accentuating the word as she leaned forward and rested her chin on her steepled hands. "I do love a good scandal.....but I also like to see how hard my shinobi have been training" Shimiko appreciated the fact that he wasn't afraid of her. It was refreshing to match wits with someone who was confident in themselves even when faced with unparalleled power. Most men in this village walked on eggshells around her, even her own husband was a bit too timid for her liking at times. The ones who weren't afraid of her, despised her. Being a well-known Jashinist tended to have that kind of effect on your life. This interaction was a nice reminder that despite all the political drama and violence that had marred her life since becoming a shinobi, there was at least someone still willing to treat her like a regular 20 year old woman.

Shimiko's eyes roamed Arashi's sculpted body. He wasn't overly muscular which was good. The tone and definition showed that he had strength without sacrificing speed and precision. A well-balanced form for physical combat and other things that shall go unmentioned.

"I do hope I'm not too...distracting"
    "Ugh, get over yourself" she said as she rolled her eyes in exaggerated exasperation. "Give a guy some abs and he suddenly thinks he's the hottest thing on Earth"

Shimiko was of course joking. It was evident in the way that she had been biting her lip and blushing that she enjoyed the show he was putting on. Shimiko successfully placed the seal as previously described. As she worked, she noticed the intricacy and beauty of his tattoos. She wasn't a fan of guys with a ton of ink but there was something powerful about Arashi's skin art. She'd need to inquire more on the subject at a different time. Shimiko wasn't a stranger to tattoos herself, she had a discrete Black Lightning and Red Lightning Seal etched on the space near her right and left breast respectively.

"Applying seals is my specialty although if you were looking for something rougher...I could probably accommodate that. Pain does build character."

When she was finished she noticed that Arashi was trying to turn around and see whether her seal had disturbed his tattoos. She assured him the moment she saw what he was doing. "Oh and by the way the seal is invisible. It slips beneath your skin the moment its applied so no one will be able to see it.....I can't have anyone knowing about it or they might try to undo it before killing you. That and of course I wouldn't dreaaam of messing with your tatts"

When he joked about becoming her slave, she laughed. He was so over the top with his flirtations that even at 15 years old she'd have found him too ridiculous to date. Interestingly enough, there was a level of irony to his joke that he wasn't aware of. Shimiko was descended from Vampires, and ever since she had awakened her Hachidora Ketsurygan it would be fair to say that she had unlocked the deepest parts of her Jiang-Shi heritage. Creating thralls and forcing them to serve her was a theoretical ability of her's and while she would never dream of using it on a fellow Kumo shinobi, the picture of Arashi waiting on her hand and foot was pretty funny. She laughed out loud and shook her head. "Ugh cmon now, you really need to stop" she said with a smile. "That mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble on the road" he clearly was the sort that was used to not taking things too seriously. His mission was grave but he seemed to not let it weigh on his soul. She admired his playfulness and it reminded her that as difficult as her life was going to get, she should never lose sight of who she was as a person. She was cheerful. She loved to laugh, smile, and joke just as he did. To savor life was a gift from Jashin and it was a gift she planned on taking full advantage of.

Eventually, Arashi serious'd up. He thanked her for granting him permission to leave and talked about how his brother didn't even know of their father's death. Shimiko had vaguely heard of Hikotaka's passing but truthfully it hadn't really been a concern of her's. She nodded solemnly and let a moment of silence pass between them. Arashi still had his brother. It was a fact that she envied, but also sympathized with. Family was the most important thing one had in this world next to their faith. Arashi thanked her and she responded by embracing him. She didn't want a handshake from the Inazuma Clan Leader, she wanted a hug. The hug was platonic but sincere. She whispered in his ear:

"Your more than welcome Arashi. If you find him, hug him and never let him go. Once a family member leaves you they are gone forever. Do everything in your power to keep that from happening" she broke the hug. Of course this maneuver would presumably foil his plans to kiss her hand but if he attempted to do so anyways, she wouldn't resist and would instead laugh and use her free hand to cover her blush.

It would solidify her opinion of Inazuma men though. They all appeared to be partially insane and driven by love, passion, poetry, and all that mushy stuff that high literature contained. She was thankful that she was raised as a Chinoike and not as an Inazuma. She'd probably be a less effective killer if she had grown up to be as prim and proper as this lad. She did appreciate a true gentleman though. Perhaps she'd set him up with a high ranking Chinoike. It wouldn't be the first marriage between the two clans.

"If you need anything...my door is always open Arashi. Goodbye, Good luck and safe travels!" she'd walk him to the door and escort him out assuming he had nothing else to say. She would then walk back to her desk (really Vik's ) and start doing paperwork. Being acting Kage was a real drag but it did have its moments. Moments where you got to make a difference in someone's life. And her meeting with Arashi had made her realize why Nariko had put up with this job for so long.

Post by Arashi Hayate Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:19 am

When he was told to 'get over himself' it only earned a subtle chuckle from the man, not taking it to heart. Besides, the look on her face and tone in the young woman's voice told the real story--and thats all that mattered to Arashi. He held his tongue though, letting the soft chuckle be his response when she was pretty much eyeing him. Had he figured he wasn't exactly her type, and she wasn't an already taken woman, he'd probably keep going, but this level of casual flirting was just right for the two--not enough to cross any lines, still enough for some playful fun.

As for her comment on her being able to oblige him with a less pleasurable fuuinjutsu experience. Surely...Arashi didn't want that. She could end him if she wanted, and even with the playfulness behind her words--somewhere inside he knew she was very much capable of such things, and could easily make his life a living hell right here and now. When she assured him it was invisible, it earned a smile from the man, although by then he had basically confirmed it for himself. "Glad to hear, would hate to have to explain why a random sealing formula was just tagged onto my body and covering the work of art it is." he said, the man holding back a chuckle as he did. If he wasn't as charming as he was in other ways, between his kind nature and cheery attitude, his confidence could be seen as arrogance...but he got away with it, he was smooth like his father, especially with the ladies. It was all about moderation...some humbleness, some arrogance, mixed with charm and cheer, and you got Arashi.

"Aww come on', who could be mad at a smile like mine?" he said with giving her that exact smile in response to the comment of his mouth may get him in trouble on the road, clearly joking as he knew all too well the world was a cruel one, but taking it in stride. This may had been his best feature. The man adamantly fought letting things get him down, he was a pillar of confidence and 'keeping your chin up', even in dire times. The man deep down was hurting, and sometimes the fact this was all a mask he would wear to hide his true feelings was just fractured enough to see through it. This came through when he thanked her, his tone shifted, and the real man behind the smile had peeked through the mask.

The man was shocked when he had offered his hand out for her's and was instead met with a hug from Shimiko. This made the man's eyes for just a moment go a bit wide, before settling once more, vivid amber hues glancing down to the bit shorter female. He'd go ahead and return the embrace, the best he could considering he had one hand tied up holding his shirt and sword slung over his shoulder, but his other arm crossed over her upper back, giving her a squeeze about the shoulders in a friendly, albeit unexpected, hug.

This wasn't even his focus, no, what she said while she hugged him was. The importance of family...it clearly meant a lot to her. It'd draw a more genuine smile from him. "I will...The Inazuma clan will be whole once more, I can promise that." he'd say, tone lacking the playfulness, a serious simple few words, but filled with the same grit and determination he exuded before. There was a storm within the man, and it wasn't just his chakra. A fury of nature was hidden in his amber eyes, with tempests tearing to be let loose. When she let go of the hug, he had his chance to do what he'd originally intended, the taking of her hand, and a gentlemanly kiss placed upon the back of her hand. When he'd looked up from this action he smiled at seeing her try to hide a blush. Well, at least he had that effect on her.

He heard her last words, an offer that her door was always open. "I really appreciate it." he said somewhat quietly but still clear and crisp, giving her a real bow this time, respectful of the woman who held such a high rank over him. He may had been not the formal type, and comfortable in his own skin enough to flirt and play around with her, but he still held respect for the woman and wasn't afraid to show it. He'd go ahead and actually cover himself up before being walked out of the office by the blonde bombshell, putting his shirt back on and fixing up his baldric/sword combo. He may had joked about it, but he had no plans to actually risk causing any rumors...what would others think if they saw a shirtless beefcake being escorted out by maybe the most beautiful woman in Kumogakure? The man would have to leave cause her husband would likely have his head if he stayed. Upon reaching the door he'd cast one last smile back to her.

"Expect letters...and I'm not just talkin' reports. I'll catch you some other time, Shimi-Sama." he said with his signature cheery charm back, raising a hand up to give a two-finger single motion wave, giving her one last wink when it came to his informal usage of a 'nickname' for her and the joke about 'letters'. With that, the man leaped away, his speed not too impressive, but movements solid and fluid enough to show the man had potential as a shinobi. Surely he'd be strong...one day.

--Exit Post

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:39 pm

Letters of the non-intelligence variety was something to look forward to at least. But until then, this acting Kage busied herself with the situation in the Land of Hot Springs. She ordered two Scout squads to head to the Land of Hot Springs. She ordered a kunochi in the group to disguise themselves as her. She then sent a letter to the Land of Hot Springs saying that Kumogakure would absorb the Land of Hot Springs into its political and security framework. The people of northern Kishin would be protected from the madness of the Black Death.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:11 am

To receive a summons from a Chinoike for the second time is a bit surprising for Sven. Truthfully he expected that Vik wanted a round two of debating what is best for the Chinoike. After what happened between the Jashinists and Kumogakure. Sven was anticipating the typical I told you so. Yet it was none of those, and it wasn't Vik who summoned him.

Sven has heard of Shimiko as anyone in the Chinoike clan should be aware of her. So far in what seems like a long time Shimiko is the strongest Chinoike to exist. Not to mention she's a high ranking officer, and a champion of her church. Some can say what they want about her, Shimiko is the type to get things done from Sven heard about her.

Sven is dressed in his black suit jacket of silver threads that has ebony plates in the fabric. His blonde hair groomed as usual. His very presence doesn't scream shinobi except for the fact that he is wearing the Kumogakure headband around his neck. He didn't bring his viper puppet for he didn't find it necessary to bring it. Sven otherwise is a tall man and looks like a business type.

The oddly satisfying taps of his shoes echo across the halls. Sven approached the closed door that he was summoned to, and being the gentleman that he is. Sven knocks on the door before announcing himself. "This is Sven Chinoike, you wished to speak with me?"
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Shimiko looked up from the mountain of paperwork on her desk. Sven Chinoike had finally arrived although much later than she had hoped. While the ANBU would normally amuse herself with him for a few hours, she didn't have time to kill right now.  She had just received a message that there was someone waiting for her at the gates.

"I did. And your late." she said gesturing with her eyes to the clock. Truth be told, she found the young man dashing but if Shimiko had learned anything about boys its that if you fell for them too quickly they thought they owned you. Crush or no, she was a very busy lady and that meant sacrificing business for pleasure. She got up from her desk and walked over towards him. "The matter I wanted to speak to you about is closed and now I have to step out...but I'll see you later Sven." the blonde said with a wink. She ushered him out of the office and went along her merry way. She'd need to talk with him at some point but when she did, it'd be about something more important than clean-up duty in the Land of Hot Springs.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 am