Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

What Do They Call A Quarter-Pounder in France?

Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 750,000 Ryo

What Do They Call A Quarter-Pounder in France?  Empty What Do They Call A Quarter-Pounder in France?

Post by Kim Chang-Min Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:04 pm

Konami Kereko marched into the Mizukage Complex and headed up the stairs to see the Mizukage. She had just returned from a meeting with the Kereko Clan and they were less than happy. The Clan had complained endlessly that she had more or less abandoned them after they had taken her and her sister in. They weren't buying her "research sabbatical" story and while Konami didn't particularly care for the family of angry black ninjuh, she had given them her word. She wasn't above lying but she respected Makahshi's memory and what he had stood for. To them, her word was as good as gold. After a long discussion fraught with cussing and insults, Konami had reached an agreement with the Clan. She and her sister would be moving on to other endeavors but before they did she'd need to make sure that the Kereko were set for generations to come. They had a laundry list of demands, each more outrageous than the last. It was nearly impossible for any Kage to agree to, let alone the Kage from a Clan as notoriously xenophobic as the Kaguya.

Fortunately, Konami had a hidden ace up her sleeve.

The woman and her twin sister had not been sitting on their asses while away from Kiri. They had  conducted a significant amount of research on the plague and while they did not find a cure or even a vaccine, they had made some astonishing progress in the field of chakra-neuro-biology. Progress that they had refined and worked on in secret for quite some time. The fruits of their research had paid off and now Konami had the means to actually barter with the Mizukage. Yes her demands would be quite severe but luckily she had something that no one else in the world had. Knowledge. It wasn't just any knowledge. It was knowledge regarding a subject of particular interest to the 7th Mizukage.

How to create the perfect cheeseburger.

Konami had learned of the Mizukage's cheeseburger addiction from the Kereko Clan. At first, it was in the context of a fair lewd jape but then as they began to talk Konami realized that the Kaguya's fixation on the foodstuff was genuine. She could use that as the delivery mechanism for her serum. It'd be irresistible to the Mizukage on two fronts one practical and the other culinary. It was a major bargaining chip and she intended to milk it for all it was worth.

"Konami Kereko, Nidaime Mizukage, I need to speak with Hana immediately"
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Ryo: 10,000

What Do They Call A Quarter-Pounder in France?  Empty Re: What Do They Call A Quarter-Pounder in France?

Post by Hana Kaguya Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:50 am

The administrative clerk knew Konami well. After all she was perhaps the only longest lasting Mizukage and actually did stuff for the village's growth. And in this case, appearance was all that mattered to assign Konami and Hana an urgent appointment. They were scheduled to meet in a conference room on floor thirty-three, the clerk paging Hana in her office to meet Konami there. Security would key card the elevator to give Konami access to them and allow her to ascend.

Hana grabbed her essentials and headed down the elevator to the room with her guard unit where they were to meet. She waited in the chair on the far side of the room. The guards stood along the walls, six on each side, with her. The conference room was pretty typical and modern with florescence lighting, a long mahogany table, and severe cushioned chairs all pushed in. Hana set Hiramekarei against her chair within arm's reach assuming she needed it, which would be very unlikely. As far as she knew, Konami retired on good terms with Kirigakure and sought to travel as a researcher. But her knowledge ended there. She also had something to do with the Kaguya's success by helping the former leader Tsubaki Kaguya in purchasing a clan district and supplying them with revenue. The clan has changed drastically in her absence, modernizing with the rest of the city. But regardless, Hana felt she would at least be on good terms with given the Kaguya and Konami's past relations.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu

What Do They Call A Quarter-Pounder in France?  Empty Re: What Do They Call A Quarter-Pounder in France?

Post by Kim Chang-Min Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Konami was given access to the conference room on floor 33. The Amazonian walked to her destination with powerful and calm strides. Everything about her exuded confidence and competence, this Kage had only just recently taken up the position and she was eager to see if her successor was up to par. The woman walked into the room and took a seat opposite from Hana. She leaned back into the comfy chair and looked around the room. She started nodding her head as if she was taking it all in. Inspecting everything about the room, the village, the Kage, and its contemporary situation. The expression on her face could best be described as "Not Bad, Not Bad At All". Konami shifted in her seat and the red beret she wore on her head budged a bit.

"Lady Mizukage. Its a pleasure to meet you."

She reached across and shook the woman's hand. Konami searched Hana's eyes for answers. Did the Kage know of her involvement in the Clan Massacre of 931 A.S? Did she know of her sister's embezzlement? Did she know of her role in conspiring to have the 2nd Mizukage removed? There was much and more Konami was guilty of and she had taken a risk coming into the village. If her past crimes were discovered, she was putting her liberty at risk by visiting her former village. Konami spied the giant blade resting on the corner and noted the array of guards. She wasn't nervous but she was concerned. She didn't detect any hostility from the burger-monger but perhaps that's just because this Kaguya didn't wear her heart on her sleeve like young Tsubaki did.

"I trust Kirigakure has been in good hands since I left....The village, or rather city, appears to be in excellent health."
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:03 am

Konami entered the room, her figure and the rumor of her being abnormally tall being confirmed by Hana's own eyes. She was considered tall in her own rights, but this woman greatly exceeded her standards. The woman was taller than most Kaguya male. Hana blinked a few times forcing her focus back to reality as her mind started to drift into the thoughts of "snoo snoo" and how Konami's boyfriend would get off to her, assuming she has had any in the past or any currently. The offered a hand, Hana reached out and giving a gloved handshake. Following protocol, the guards would start their rotation. One of the guardsmen activated their chakra sensory technique passively to keep tabs on their chakra signature. Any public contact with the Mizukage were generally carefully monitored by the chakra sensing technique to ensure no Genjutsu or assailants got the drop on the Mizukage. It seemed a bit extra, but the ANBU were hardened with experience. The comforts of life eluded them when they signed up to become ANBU. They chose the life of hardship, constantly being in "the shit" as they like to say it.

With the chakra signatures monitored, the meeting would start. Hana's first impressions with Konami was relatively the same as when she met Rei. Being from an older generation of ninja she figured Konami had a sense of honor and pride, much like Rei. Something she didn't quite understand being so young and inexperienced. "Yeah, I guess. So what did you want to see me about?" Hana said, rushing to the purpose of their meeting. Hana didn't exactly prefer meeting new people. There was an odd tenseness around her when she did that she couldn't describe. But she knew the faster she finished this meeting, the faster she could finish her work for the day and hurry home.

Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Konami smirked when Hana asked her what she wanted. Straight to the point...very good... Konami wouldn't waste any more of this woman's time. She was young but competent which was more than Konoha could say of its Kage. The buxom twin would state her piece fairly and simply.

"Me and my sister were adopted into the Kereko Clan which as you may or may not know originally hails from the Land of Lightning. They are martial arts clan that specializes in Taijutsu but they also engage in other activities including construction (via unlawful union activity), retail (via smuggled and untaxed goods), and personal security (unsanctioned assassinations and shakedowns). The Clan has a very long and proud history....me and my sister are very grateful for what they've done for us and we wanted to show our appreciation. I want you to promise that all contracts for construction and retail will be given to the Kereko Clan. No bids, no negotiation, no bullshit. Anything that is made or sold runs through the Kereko Clan...its a bold ask I know and before you reject it, I think you should hear what I'm going to give you but before I do I have one question for you....Do you know what they call a Quarter-Pounder in フランス?"

(Note: The illegal underbelly of the Kereko Clan's business were thouoght by Konami and stated aloud as indicated by italics.)
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:11 am

The former Mizukage felt it was necessary to give a little background on herself and her clan she was adopted into. Kereko was a name she was very unfamiliar with. She had heard it in conversation here and there over her years as a ninja, but has had no interaction with them directly. From what Hana could tell, they were a washed up clan. Perhaps they were great fighters back in their days of service, but their impact was so insignificant now. They lacked organization. What Konami had essentially asked was to give a lazy, no-name clan a chance at having some presence in Kirigakure. It seemed like a huge waste of time. There were plenty of craftsmen loyal to Kirigakure who have proven their worth by spending years honing their skill. Why would she just push them aside for the Kereko? It was bad enough their representative was Konami. Hana saw her as one of the many Mizukage that quit after a short reign. They always had an excuse. They had to. But it was all noise to her.

Hana's face remained unchanged, though internally she was heating up the coals for a hot retort. Konami even knew her request was difficult to process. She had a bargain? It was when Konami spoke after her brief pause did Hana's eyes widen. The words were immediately translated by Hana by her years of culinary, and more specifically, burger knowledge. No way... She knew exactly what Konami meant. "You think you're capable of making the Royale with Cheese?" Hana paused for a moment, in a bit of deep thought.

"You know, a lot of people believe they're capable of making the Royale with Cheese, but what happens is a bunch of Zoomers making stunt 'burgers.' They add avocado, stuff the patty with cheese, and even add an over-easy egg. They try so hard to be unique and innovative that they detract from the actual meaning of the sandwich. Before I even ask what building contracts the Kereko have in mind, I need insurance that you actually know what it takes to make a burger."

Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:11 am

Konami guessed Hana would be skeptical but when the Mizukage's eyes lit up in response to her question, she knew she had the woman hook, line, and sinker. "I don't think I'm capable. I know I am. Unlike the others who have held this office, my resignation was for a reason....I hoped to cure the plague and while I did not succeed in this endeavor, my sister and I did manage to make some groundbreaking progress in the field of Chemistry. Progress that we can share with you in the form of the most delicious and nutritious burger known to shinobi-kind."

Hana wanted assurances and the lemon twin waved at her dismissively.

"I'm neither a 'Zoomer' nor a charlatan. I have chosen my words very carefully and I mean precisely what I say....I can create the Royale with Cheese. A better question is....are you woman enough to finish it?"

Konami wanted those no-bid contracts for the Kereko Clan. It would provide a nice resolution to her relationship with them. She was willing to create these cheeseburger solely to that end. However, it wasn't just about the contracts. It was a point of pride. This burger would be her magnum opus. Her gift to the world of Chemistry. Her crowning achievement. She didn't want to hand it over to a overgrown baby who still ordered off of the kid's menu. She wanted someone who could finish the whole thing and enjoy every single bite. Konami didn't feel the need to bring documents to prove herself. If the Mizukage trusted her then she would have her lawyers send the documents. One set for the no-bid contracts and another set for the specifications of the Royal with Cheese. Once the documents were signed, the burger would be created and once it was created then Hana would be able to feast upon it at her leisure.

Konami wanted an enthusiastic yes. If she sensed that the girl was serious and was truly the best burger consumer in the world, then the deal would be sealed. She'd shake Hana's hand and the rest would follow naturally. Yet if Hana continued to doubt her capabilities, then she'd simply have to find another buyer. Perhaps a burgermonger who could tell a X-Class Chef when they saw one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm