Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Detest War But Prepare For It

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Detest War But Prepare For It Empty Detest War But Prepare For It

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:59 pm

There was no stopping it at this point. What started out as a a series of military conflicts between random Minor Nations was rapidly engulfing the Major ones. Neutrality was a distant hope and based on what Kitsuki had seen, if she wanted to be there to protect those she cared about then she'd need to arm herself properly. Kitsuki stepped into the Weapon's District with a massive casket holstered on her shoulder. Inside was the Blastsword known as Shibuki. She could have sent the object through time if she wanted but she decided that if people saw a young petite black girl carrying a massive case then they wouldn't be persuaded to try and rip her off. She'd come across as a professional, which of course she was.

This professional drastically needed an upgrade and she had worked with Zizz to sketch out some designs. The Angel was not only a time manipulator but also a Universal Builder. She could reach into the minds of others and pull out ideas, concepts, and designs then she'd began to fill them in with the concrete knowledge necessary to bring them to fruition. There was nothing that Zizz loved more than watching a crafter at work. To create was to love. And to spread love was her purpose. Unable to contain her excitement, the Angel flew laps around Kit's head the speed at which she moved essentially making her a blur. The "halo" that she created was remain above Kituski's head even as she entered into the most famous and prestigious of Weapon's Shop within the Heavenly Emporium.

She set the case down and gave it a polite tap to alert the storeowner of her arrival. Once he had made himself visible, she'd give a polite bow and speak in a measured tone.

"Hello, My name is Kitsuki Kurahasa and I am in need of a experienced crafter"

Zizz began to settle down. She completed an additional lap and then perched on Kit's shoulder. She was taking in the sights, sounds, and beautiful smells of the establishment's crafted weapons.

Detest War But Prepare For It Empty Re: Detest War But Prepare For It

Post by Okane Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:09 pm

As she would enter the shop it would perhaps be a little bit of a disappointment. There were works of weapons along the walls but nothing stood out as impressive. It had a framed document on the wall marking it as the property of stag but truthfully it didn't stand out as the legends suggested. The smell of hot metal and grease or polish perhaps was lingering in the air. Almost as if one was passing a piece of iron right under the customers nose. As she entered though a pair of bells chimed when the door passed them. A younger man would look up from the counter. He looked young and had a smudge on his cheek hiding a bit of the freckles that lined his face along his nose. He was wearing a blacksmiths apron though with tools hanging from his belt on the front. He was in the process of polishing a katana that was at least a tier above the shops in the world outside the emporium. However as she introduced herself he would bow his head and speak in return. Seemingly rather timid. "Oh um..Okay. I am Julius. The apprentice here. One moment and I will fetch my master." He stated before turning and moving passed a curtain into the back.

A few moments later the curtains would part to reveal a large bearded man with deadlocked grey hair. He bent down to get through the door way before stepping up to the counter. His clothes seemed to cling to him like a second skin as his muscles strained against them. He would seem to hold a permanent frown as he placed his large hands on the counter. Callused and worn with burn marks here and there. A man of his trade. He would speak in a low growl as he looked over the young girl. Much less shy and far less polite. "You need something advanced girl? Show me whatcha mean and I will see what I can do for ye. I assume it's somethin ta do with that large case yer carrying." He would glance his blue eyes to the case and then stand up crossing his arms. A unique shinobi this one. Perhaps she would want something he could do but if not...well. He had his doubts without even having to be shown the sword. "Boy! Go and fetch the prince. Chances are he will be needed here." And with that there was a scurrying sound and a door closing out back.

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Kitsuki was a bit unsure she was in the right place. The shop was rather underwhelming and the boy at the counter seemed about as lost as she was. She saw the Stag symbol on the wall and knew she was in the right place. Perhaps the company didn't reveal its best gizmos and gadgets to any random shopper. Kit guessed you needed to be a certain calibre of customer in order to get access to the good stuff. Luckily, since Kitsuki was now a Chuunin and a member of the Royal House she considered herself to be squarely in that category. Zizz eyed the katana the boy was polishing but just before the Angel zoomed off to inspect it, Kit made a sharp click of her tongue. It was not proper manners to go around analyzing every bit of crafted weaponry one came across. She turned her attention back to the apprentice.

"Sorry about that" she said with a smile. "And no problem, I'll be right here"

Julius went to the back to fetch his Master and out popped a stereotypical blacksmith. He was a hulking laborer with dreadlocks and a beard. He was exactly the type of person she mentally pictured when thinking of an experienced crafter. Kit felt a bit guilty about that. Appearances could be very deceiving and she shouldn't rely on those mental images to guide her business decisions. Kit smiled when the bearded man called for "The Prince." She wasn't sure who that was but they sounded super important and regal. Just the sort of person to help her with her new weapon.

"Yes! I'm hoping to make a few alterations to *this* weapon" Kitsuki clicked upon the latches on the case when she said the word "this." She swung the case open and revealed a massive sword that contained a roll of explosive tags. The containment mechanism was complex and secure ensuring no accidental explosions would occur while in transit. She assumed that the crafters would recognize it immediately as being Shibuki, one of the Seven Swords of the Hidden Mist. She had the official seal of Kiri proving that she was its rightful owner and that she hadn't stolen the weapon.

Kitsuki gave a confident grin in response to any surprise they expressed. Her possession of Shibuki meant that she was a rather important person in the Kiri government and a powerful shinobi in her own right.

"Basically, I want to turn it into a compact cane that can also function as a bow if necessary"

Post by Okane Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:40 pm

The older and very large blacksmith would watch with cold eyes as this girl spoke. His eyes shifting to the thing flying about freely and then back to the girl. A small frown seemed to be permanently placed into his face. He had seen war before. He was old enough for it. He could tell easily enough that this young lady was a soldier. Perhaps one of some repute but she was not to be easily dismissed by her childish appearance. As if to confirm his suspicions she would reveal something he never thought he might lay hands on. One of the legendary seven swords. Property of none other than the village hidden in the mist. One with a reputation of kill first and ask no questions. Those seven weapons were responsible for more death than perhaps any other squad in history. The one she held in the case before him, bound as it was, was known for being perhaps one of the most destructive. Warranting destruction over an area with explosives that didn't care about cover or who else might be in it's radius. It was literally a mobile repeating bomb. His eyebrows would rise as he felt fear welling up within himself.

A loud sigh would escape the old mans lips before he placed a hand on his head rubbing the side of his head through his hair. "Aye, it seems I was right to call upon our master. Put it away for now girl. I wouldn't want anyone even knowin that thing was 'ere. Someone lookin ta claim somethin so legendary would kill me and the lad just to get information on where ye went with it. Most crafters wouldn't even consider touchin the thing for more than simply admirin it. Now now don't lose hope yet. I said most. Okane is somethin different from the rest of us. This small flyin city we are on, he built it. Started in the desert with nothin they say. He be a true artist of anything he puts his hands to. I'll tell ye this. If anyone in the world can do what yer askin it be him. He likely doesn't give further than I can spit of a shit what others may think bout him workin on that or what Kiri would think, authentic as yer papers may be he likely won't even ask for em. Not that I know what goes through his head. I just work for 'im."

The back door would audibly burst open and the young boy would come running back in mere moments later. Likely not catching a glimpse of the weapon or he might piss himself. He leaned down as he rested his hands on his knee's gasping for breath. The old blacksmith would grunt and the boy would understand to get out the message quick like. He would take a deep breath and stand straight. Sweat soaking his face. He must have sprinted back. He glanced to the old man before back to the girl. Speaking timidly. "Um...Uh...Prince Okane would um...he would like you to join him for lunch. He uh..he reserved out the entire um...dining area at the tower for the two of you to speak. He...well he doesn't usually do that. I would be quick if it were me....is all." The kid would bow and the old man would nod. Agreeing.

- The Tower

Usually the restaurant was bustling with people willing to spend large amounts of money on dishes that required an artist of a chef to prepare. Ingredients freshly made and a staff as well groomed as could be. Chandeliers decorated the ceiling and usually there were tables scattered here and there. However for the moment there was only two wait staff present in their black uniforms waiting by a single table in the center of the polished marble floors next to a table with a white silk table cloth. A round table made of red wood and the wood was engraved with scenes of battle. However the silk table cloth draped over it was imprinted with a series of roses. A golden triple candle holder was burning in the center of the table with lavender scented candles and all of the dishes were hand crafted ceramic with actual silver silverware and silver lined tall glasses on a long stem. Champagne rested on ice on one side of the table. Okane himself was not present yet. However the two staff members would both bow to her in silence when she entered and pull out a chair for her.

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Kitsuki didn't have to recite her credentials. Shibuki did the talking for her. A lesser ninja such as Q might smirk or gloat over his possession of such an artifact, but a Lady of the WASP was modest and respectful at all times. She watched the man's expression as she revealed her prize and waited for his reply. What he had to say next did not disappoint.

He asked her to put it away for now and that its mere presence in the shop could pose a security issue. Kitsuki wasn't particularly worried about being attacked. First, she could handle herself pretty well in a fight. Second, they were in a neutral peace zone and attacking them would bring down the wrath of every faction involved in the War. These facts wouldn't assuage her hosts though. They were just humble crafters who may one day have to leave the flying city and its protections. If someone spied Shibuki in their shop, then they might be accosted by a villain seeking the whereabouts of this priceless artifact. Kitsuki could not put these gentle souls in danger and thus she touched the case and whisked it away to the past. Shibuki would glow with a heavenly light before disappearing from the man's sight.

"Done"

The dread-locked crafter would go on to praise the Iron Prince. This Prince was apparently known as Okane and he was the one responsible for the flying city. Kitsuki vaguely recalled the name and its association with the Stag Emporium. She listened in awe of man's skill and passion for crafting. She was exactly where she needed to be. The door suddenly burst open and in came Julius looking as though he had just won a death race against Usain Bolt. The sweating boy struggled to get his words out and Kit was tempted to give him a hand. He must have literally ran all the way to the main tower and back. The news he brought made her smile with contentment.

Kitsuki had been invited to lunch with the Iron Prince and he had reserved the entire dining area for their meeting. The Royal Representative was beaming with pride. She wanted to play it cool but there was something positively regal about a lunch date with the greatest crafter in the known world. Kitsuki returned the bow and said:

"Thank you so much for all your help! I really mean it! I'll leave at once but I promise I'll never forget you guys"

She'd offer to tip them 1,000 Ryo each. If they didn't accept it, she wouldn't be offended and would instead promise to tell all her friends and family about their shop. The word of a Royal Representative carried quite far and that was especially true given her area of expertise was in P.R.

She then dashed out of the establishment with her small Angel flying right behind her.

(Tower)

The knotty haired crafter and his apprentice had encouraged haste, but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Kitsuki wanted to make a lasting impression on Okane and so she had zipped to her hotel to change with lightning speed. A Lady of the WASP knew how to fully dress to impress in five minutes flat without a wrinkle on her dress or a hair out of place. Kitsuki Kurahasa decided to wear an elegant black and gold dress. She had fixed her hair to perfection and added in a few gold bands to boot. She told herself that this was not a date just a business meeting, but her teenage girl brain would not comply with this formulation of events. She added just a touch of wildly expensive perfume and applied a light but noticeable amount of makeup. When she arrived, the teenage girl part of her brain was absolutely floored. The entire dining area of the restaurant had been cleared, there were only two wait staff present, and a single table in the center of the room. The table was dressed the exact way a dinner for two might be, complete with lavender candles and a bucket of champagne.

Its like a fairy tale!

Kitsuki suppressed a blush. Years of training in social grace kicked in and from the moment she was greeted by the two staff members she went into Princess mode. Sensing the seriousness of the situation, Zizz had reduced herself to the size of an atom. The Angel hid inside Kit's hair completely and totally dormant. She was a feisty creature and normally she would love the chance to meet someone like the Iron Prince but she could also see how important this date meeting was for Kit. Therefore, for once, she opted to be discreet when it came to this particular matter of creativity and construction. Kit allowed the waiters to pull out a chair for her and then sat with immaculate patience. Her etiquette was irreproachable and she made not a single faux pas from the moment of entry. The Dean of Etiquette would be proud.

Kitsuki's Prince Charming had yet to arrive but that was fine. She had all the Time in the world.

Angelic Return: .5 GP | .5 CP

Total Grace Pool: 24

Post by Okane Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Once she was seated the staff would step back and one of them would step forward to pour champagne into each glass. The cooled liquid causing a fine mist to rise from the top of it. Perhaps the drink might be considered too cold by some but Okane found the temperature refreshing. Still as she was seated a soft sound began in the speakers around the ceiling. Beethoven was playing. The moonlight Sonata to be precise. Gentle and relaxing to the ears and not so loud that conversation would have to be risen above the normal volume. The way the room was designed left every note perfectly balanced right where the table had been placed. As if by design. Only after a moment would the doors open from the upper area and from them would emerge Okane. If she had expected a bearded large man she was in for a surprise. If anything Okane could be described as beautiful. His skin was like porcelain under the light. A low cut white V neck shirt exposed most of his chest which was well built but without any hair to see. His own long black hair hung down beneath his shoulders and spilled lightly in the front. Almost glistening in the light without a hair out of place. Held back from his eyes with an ebony crown with two long horns protruding upwards. Two golden necklaces hung from his neck and a signet ring with the stag symbol decorated his right hands middle finger. Dark slacks were pressed to show the crease lines over polished black dress shoes with pointed toes. green gems decorated his hair on the right side while the left was mostly shaved. Around his shoulders rested a fluffy almost blue fur coat that rested just above his ankels. His jade like eyes seemed to shine even with the well lit room almost glowing as he stood there smiling down at her. A smile that might charm even the coldest of hearts.

Okane would smile as he saw the girl. Of course he had heard her name. Knew of her royal nature and connections to Kirigakure. He had for some time longed for a reason for that nation to be on good terms with him and this was an opportunity. So he would act as the royalty he was and treat her as the royalty she was. When he moved to descend the stairs it was with grace and poise well beyond that o the average man. He seemed to almost glide along and as he moved as if by nature itself golden flower petals fell from him in his wake and faded to nothing once they touched the floor. He didn't appear to be an aged man but perhaps still closer to his youth. No stress lines from the business he ran or hints of impatience. Instead he would approach her and bow low to show respect. Softly he would reach out his hand and offer it to her. If she took it he would let his silk like skin touch hers. Warm to the touch like a blanket fresh out of the dryer. He would introduce himself and lightly kiss the top of her hand after he did with a voice that sounded hypnotic. Beautiful and easy to be lulled in by. "Welcome to my home Princess. I am the Prince of Iron. Okane. (A gentle kiss to the top of her hand.) I am not one to rush first meetings as it were, if you would do me the honor, I would like a dance before our meal. After all we can order whatever we like. Our chefs can make anything. I myself will be having Mustard-Glazed Black Cod with Fingerlings and Chive Puree. After our dance if you oblige my desire." With that said as soon as he spoke of his order he would step back and one of the two staff would move over to take his coat and move to the kitchen with his order.

Stats:

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:39 pm

Kitsuki smiled as the staff poured champagne into her glass. She wasn't much of a drinker, but she wasn't opposed to partaking either. As Royal Representative, she was expected to toast and drink socially with other members of high society. The key was to taste and savor the alcohol without becoming a rowdy drunkard. There was an elegance to sipping alcohol. It allowed a proper woman to enjoy herself without losing her sensibilities. Kit was trained to be an expert at negotiating such boundaries. She wouldn't drink any champagne though until her date arrived and just when she wondered when that might be, a beautiful piece of music erupted from the loudspeakers above.

Beethoven. Moonlight Sonata..... she recalled upon hearing the first few notes. Kitsuki was a musical genius and so she knew every note played by every instrument of the song. Such a classic was a must-know for any student of Maestro Ko's. If Kitsuki was impressed by Okane's taste in music, she was absolutely floored by his entrance. The doors of the upper-area opened and none other than the Iron Prince stepped through. Kit's eyes were glued to the man as he made his way towards her. The crafter had called Okane a Prince, a genius that lived in a flying city, and a man whose approach to the discipline was as mysterious as it was perfect. Naturally, her mind conjured images of an elegant Lordship who was young, handsome, wealthy, and had immaculate taste. The real Okane exceeded her expectations. He was physically fit, dressed in fine jewelry, and had long black hair that seemed to drape over his body like tapestry.

Kitsuki's facial expression indicated joy at his arrival but it was fairly subdued compared to how she felt internally. It was at that moment that Kit was rather glad that the Dean of Etiquette was as harsh as she was. If it hadn't been for her lessons, she'd have been so obvious in her amazement. Kitsuki wondered how a man that worked so hard to build so much could seem so well-groomed. She didn't have a poor opinion of laborers but she knew by necessity they had calloused hands, faces marred with soot and burns, and course skin. The man before her was like a statue.

He must be as good at crafting as Maestro Ko is at music....

Actual golden petals seem to fall from his body as he approached her. She instinctively rose from her seat to meet him. It wasn't necessarily a break from social etiquette, he was after all a Prince and it'd be rude for her not to present to him as well as he did to her. He bowed as a show of respect to her and she gave a polite curtsy in response. She synchronized her actions to mirror his exactly. It was the product of years of finishing school and hopefully it would impress him. It wasn't every day that one came across a kunoichi with the grace of a noble woman. She took his hand in her own and felt how soft it was. There was no way this hand could belong to a crafter. She knew of pianists who guarded their fingers with religious fanaticism. And their hands were not nearly as soft. She allowed him to kiss her hand and the moment he did, her smile grew wider. Any wider and she'd be chastised by her Dean for "cheesing." A proper lady did not "cheese." She smiled. A smile was an indication of amusement and enjoyment. Cheesing was a a goofy expression of childish mirth.

She struggled to pay attention as he spoke to her. He addressed her as "Princess" and made it clear that her hormonal imagination was right to view this as a "date" of sorts. Before he conducted business, he'd dance with her. She'd have cut him off with a yes right then and there if not for her schooling. He went on to say that he could make her anything she'd like. He would be having fish which was great because Kit herself was a pescatarian. It'd be easy enough to just copy his order but if she wanted to be on his level, she'd need to order something unique and elegant. Even something as simple as ordering food could be an opportunity for a woman to show off her creativity and high class.

"I am pleased to meet your acquaintance Prince Okane.  Your home is beautiful as....are you.....is your taste in music. I'd be honored to dance with you."

She was so nervous about the situation she practically whispered her selection to the staff. She decided on a Darksea Rocktail glazed with Béarnaise sauce and paired with black pepper brioche. It was a decisively Kirigakure dish. The Darksea Rocktail could only be found within the borders of the Land of Water. It was an ultra-rare and expensive delicacy that was eaten by the wealthiest of Mizu no Kuni denizens. The creature was so rare that one often had to get special permits just to be able to fish for it. In ordering such a dish she was doing two things at once. First, she was giving Okane a chance to flex his enormous wealth and power. If he was as rich and influential as he came across as then he'd be able to fulfill her request no problem. Of course, she was running the risk that he wouldn't actually have it and in doing she'd embarrass him while making herself look pompous. However, she trusted that her eyes were not deceiving her. Everything this man touched was gold and if she asked for Darksea Rocktail then she'd get Darksea Rocktail. Contrary to the ways of the baseborn, ordering expensive delicacies was rather endearing to people such as Okane. It often reaffirmed their sense of power. The second thing she wanted to do was to give a "shoutout" to her home village. She was reminding him that he was holding court with a Princess of Kirigakure. How he conducted himself here would be communicated to the Emperor. During times like these, you wanted to remain within a Head of State's good graces. it was a gentle reminder of her own power and prestige.

There'd be no talking business yet, and as of right now, that was just the way Kit liked it. The Princess was skilled in a wide variety of dances. She was the pride and joy of the Performing Arts discipline within her school and so the teachers had made sure that in addition to playing music, she could dance to it as well. She assumed that they'd do some light ballroom dancing but whatever Okane was up for she was game and had the skills to back it up. She was normally skittish about dancing in front of large crowds, but when it was just the two of them, she felt as though she could dance with him all day and all night. She let him lead as a proper lady should. Once they were pressed together and moving in perfect time with the music, Kit would look up at him. He was taller than her and he exuded a strong masculine energy even though he was as refined as his title suggested. She'd look away in embarrassment if he caught her. She was usually good at suppressing her blushes but with them so close together it was impossible. A honey hue made its way across her brown cheeks as she tried not to mess up out of nervousness. Luckily, dancing was more or less muscle memory for her.  Not sure what to say, she'd fall silent and just enjoy their dance together. If he wanted to converse, she'd let him lead on that just as she would in dance.

Post by Okane Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:14 pm

Okane would smile as she ordered. It was indeed a rare dish and if not for some who might seek him from each nation he may not have gathered rare ingredients from around the world. However he demanded the best from everything he built. It wasn't enough for one to simply own a kitchen that could make most meals. He had to have the best chefs and food from around the world. True that it may not be cooked the traditional way that her homeland might make it but that was for a simple reason. The chef Okane had hired didn't simply take pride in his work. He was an artist. The kitchen his studio and the plate his canvas. Truly Okane had never ordered anything from the man he did not find to be superb. He smiled at her challenge to him. Letting his jade eyes meet hers as he seemed to smile coyly. As if he would falter so easily. He knew she was testing him and doing a gamble to do so. He so enjoyed the subtle challenge of high society. His smile however was genuine as the wait staff would bow their head and move to the kitchen to see to it the order was placed.

Okane would wait until they left the room and then smile as the lights dimmed as the moonlight sonata came to a conclusion. Light would shine upon each of them as he bowed and held out his hand. A simple beginning to a waltz. Chopin spring waltz would begin to play ever so softly and if she took his hand he would pull her in but not too close. A hand just above the small of her back and the other holding her hand to the side. They would dance in slow sweeping motions around and round to the music as if they had practiced it for this very moment. The light focused only on them as they twirled with such beauty and grace. Even though they danced so sweetly Okane never pulled her in too close or touched her in any suggestive manner. He was proper as a gentleman should be and simply seemed to be enjoying himself dancing with her. For the moment they were alone and the world didn't matter. The soft piano barely covering the sound of their steps as golden petals seemed to follow their every move. Glistening in the light for one glorious moment and then gone.

He would dance with her in silence for the song. No ruining the beauty of the moment with words. It was enough that they danced. He didn't seem bothered by what may happen with his valuable time as others might or seem to care about the loss of revenue from taking over the restraunt. Instead he focused on entertaining her. Showing her he was every bit the prince he claimed. Matching her education in the formal arts and then turning into something so majestic it may as well have come from a poem. Only once the song was done would he release her and take a step back to bow as the last note touched their ears. Every movement so gentle and perfect. The lights would finally return as a gentle piano tune would pick up as the music continued. He would smile to her and speak with a voice like a harps melody. "I must thank you. Not many have been so incredibly educated in the fine arts. I must admit it is usually those who seek to prepare for bloodshed more than diplomacy who seek me out. I will admit you caught me by surprise young princess. I have heard so many rumors of the power of your nation. It's military might always the topic of conversation. They neglected to mention the majesty in which you're royal class conducts themselves. Color me impressed."

Stats:

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Okane's smile when she had made her order told her everything she needed to know. None of this was an act or a front. He really did have the Darksea Rocktail and when the waiters took her order without complaint, she couldn't help but give him an infatuated look. He had rose to the challenge without breaking a sweat. He was the real McCoy in more than one way. Okane's wealth was also matched by his grace. As the pair danced with the spotlight on them, she felt like she was going to lose herself in this fairy tale. He was treating them like the royalty they were and Kit was loving every moment of it.

He was a fantastic dance partner. She had danced with enough clods to know when she was dancing with one. They stumbled awkwardly  as though they had two left feet. They moved out of time with the music and ruined the tempo of the dance. They were occasionally weak-willed and refused to lead like a man should. Even worse, there were those who were basically bullies who swished their partner this way and that. It was a sign that they weren't confident in their skill and rather than leading and letting the girl follow, they tried to rough-house. Then there was the worst of all: The Weinsteins. It was what the Dean of Etiquette had called those Lords who were so drunk off of power that they believed that they could grope a woman while dancing. Kitsuki had never had the displeasure of dancing with a Weinstein but she knew her orders if she ever did encounter one. She'd break their fingers and leave them on the dance floor like the trash they were. The Dean was strict and she wanted her ladies to behave prim and proper, but that didn't mean they had to take abuse. Sexual harassment was not to be tolerated whether it be inflicted by a servant boy or a King.

Okane was none of those things.

He was her Prince Charming. Leading her across the dance floor with grace and certainty. Because of Zizz, Kitsuki could keep track of time with the precision of an atomic watch. She knew exactly how long time had passed from one event to another, nearly down to the millisecond. However, for the first time in a long time, she had lost track of time. All she had was eyes for Okane and the beautiful golden petals that seemed to spring from this magical moment. If this was some kind of Genjutsu, Kitsuki didn't want to wake up.

She was perfectly content to dance with him in silence. In fact, she was rather relieved. If they didn't converse then the chance of her messing up and saying something stupid was reduced to zero. She could enjoy the moment doing something that she new she could excel at: dancing. Talking wasn't a weak point of her's but there was a greater chance of her saying something off than there was of her missing a beat. Eventually, the beautiful music came to an end and with it their dance. Kitsuki wanted to keep dancing with him but she knew that a thing was beautiful not because it lasted.

Don't cry because its over....smile because it happened....

Kitsuki broke from him and returned his bow with a perfectly timed curtsy. Okane thanked her for the dance and praised her for her skills. When people though of Kiri, they thought of bloodshed and violence. They were known for giant swords and ninja who didn't play by the rules. Kit assumed that part of the reason she had been inducted into the Royal House was because they needed someone as elegant and graceful as her to be the face of the nation. It was a bit egotistical for her to think in those terms ,but she couldn't think of any other reason as to why they'd pick her. She wasn't all that strong nor was she from a particularly powerful Clan. Kit smiled as she replied to his compliment.

"You flatter me Prince Okane. Ninety percent of the credit goes to the WASP Academy" Being of high society, Okane probably would have heard of Sukimori's School for War, Art, Science, and Philosophy. It was a finishing school for young kunoichi that came from wealthy and established households. It was relatively new but its reputation was growing. They were churning out some of the best women the world had to offer. Strong, smart, and above all else, classy. "The other ten percent....well....they don't just let anyone into the WASP" Kit said with a confident smile. She was, of course, "bragging" but she was doing it in the classiest way possible. If she kept gushing over him like he was so much cooler than her then she'd look like a pretty sorry Princess. She had to give herself some credit.

Post by Okane Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Okane would smile a soft smile. It was such a wonder to think he may not even be human. The air around him seemed to sparkle gold and his porcelain skin seemed so fragile and yet he gave an air of almost a mystical strength. Ahh the wasp academy. His own education had been more private and in house but such as place was not unknown to him. He had dreamed of visiting one day to appreciate their level of skill but had never been sure if it would be considered appropriate. Still his silk like words had begun to emerge from his soft lips once more. "Ahh yes. I see it now. Their artful way of approaching life is well respresented in your words, your steps and even down to the small details in which you present yourself. Your instructors should be proud. Come than, let us sit and enjoy the champagne while it is still cold. I have been told there is something amazing you wish to show me and I can only hold my own curiosity at bay for so long." Okane would wink before moving over to her seat and pulling it out for her. Servant work but he didn't seem to mind at all.

If she took her seat he would smile once more and step to her side. "If I may be so bold, I feel it is only appropriate to present a princess with a gift on our first meeting. Give me a moment." He would smile and if she allowed it lightly take her hand by the wrist and turn her hand palm up. His other hand moving over her open palm as his fingers shifted like a pianist at work. Gold flakes began to gather there. Shining like they produced their own light. Forming into a small golden rose with a tiny seal on it to make it permanent. Gradually taking shape as a hairclip about the size of her palm. A golden rose resting there as he pulled his hands away and moved to take his seat. The servants finally returning as he did. His jade eyes glowing in the dim light. He had created a gold piece of jewelry and made it permanent from seemingly nothing. Yet for him this felt like a simple gesture. His smile spoke of mischief but nothing pressing her comfort zone. Instead he would sit back as food was served.

Two plates with dome coverings would be brought out and set respectfully in front of each of them. Only once both were set would they be simultaneously removed and the scents unleashed in a small burst of steam. The food had been prepared to perfection. Nothing burnt, nothing done out of step. Even the plating was done beautifully with a glaze appropriate to the dish on the side. One of the servants would hand their lid to the other before pouring some champagne for Okane and then setting the bottle back in the ice bucket. Than the two would step back. The lids placed on a small cart for the time being. If anything was needed they would be ready. For now Okane would idly collect the appropriate fork and knife before cutting into his dish and then finally running his fish through a line of glaze before slipping it into his mouth. He would hum his appreciation as he chewed before swallowing. He would take a sip of his champagne after the bite quietly before sighing happily. "I can never stop enjoying what this man makes any less. It is as if he has a gift from the gods. How is your meal?"

Stats:

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:58 am

Okane could see the WASP in her which meant that she had taken her school's lessons to heart. Every word she spoke and every action she took was blessed by her education. There was one man in particular she had to thank. Kit was dazzled by Okane but she practically worshiped Headmaster Sukimori. Okane invited her to back to the table and she graciously accepted. She sat down in the chair he had pulled out for her and she gave him a cute smile in response. She didn't say "Thank you" as to do so would actually be insulting. It was what a gentleman was supposed to do. It was expected. To thank him for it would be tantamount to saying "I didn't really think you'd be the type to do this so I appreciate it." It was a subtlety of court but it was one that was lost on many an untrained commoner. He then stepped to the side of her and said he had a gift to give her.

"You flatter me...I'm beginning to wonder if all of this is to butter me up for your expensive prices"

She allowed him to take her hand and watched as he performed some kind of ninjutsu. Kitsuki's eyes lit up in wonder as she tried to guess what he had in mind. It wasn't long before a perfectly sculpted rose was created right in the palm of her hand. She could tell right away it was a hair piece. She stared at it unable to comprehend how he could do such a thing. Zizz (who was rather microscopic at the moment) strained internally as she fought the urge to examine the creation. The Angel would have the ability to look at it in time, but for now, this moment was for Kit to enjoy. She looked back at him wondering how he did it. "Thank you Prince Okane....its beautiful" It had to be a ninjutsu of some kind but whatever it was, it was certain to turn the crafting world on its head. She returned his smile and clipped the rose into her hair. It fit perfectly and was just the right size. Not so small that it would go unnoticed, but also not too large so that it would be intrusive and overbearing. It also complimented the gold of her dress and the bands which tied the ends of her hair.

"I'll wear it with pride" she said gleefully. The food was soon served and with the class of a Queen, Kitsuki tasted her meal. It was absolutely wonderful. Okane was right to brag about his chef. The man had cooked the Darksea Rocktail to perfection. The accompanying sauce was irreproachable and yet somehow different. It wasn't exactly the way it was cooked in Kiri, yet somehow it was just as good if not better. Kit sipped her own champagne and gave the lightest of sighs. A blush rushed to her cheeks as she realized that this meal was far more delightful than it had any right to be. Kitsuki was an Angel and this was truly her Heaven.

"Delicious" she commented. "I've met musicians whose skill at instruments was nothing short of superhuman...I didn't think the same could be true of chefs. You've spoiled me my Prince, I don't think I can bear to eat anything on this city that isn't made by this chef of yours."

The meal was good but the moment was so much greater. She enjoyed spending time with Okane. He was so talented, rich, sophisticated, and handsome. It was almost unfair how perfect he and his life were. She had no hope of resisting his charm and the last thing she wanted was to leave the Heavenly Emporium with a massive crush on yet another man far above her station. It was like Headmaster Sukimori all over again except this time it was much worse. Student-Teacher relationships were greatly frowned upon in high society and so there was never any real chance of anything between them. With Okane not only was the age gap presumably more reasonable (or that could have just been his mere appearance) but she wasn't his student. There was no real barrier between them except of course the fact that he was probably the most beautiful crafter in the world. And she was, well, a plain jane. Kit had never really cared to be the "hottest" or "prettiest" girl in the world. She was just Kit. Smart, talented, strong, and good natured. She was confident in herself and wasn't all too concerned about boys and other immature trivialities. Yet now, she wished that she was like some of the models she had seen in various magazine. Doubtless, Okane could have any girl in the world. Why would he ever choose her? She pushed away the depressing thought.

Stupid! He's just being a gentleman! Or maybe he's just making the best of impressions on a Royal House Representative. He isn't trying to date you dummy! You're here for business and he was nice enough to show you a good time. Stay in your lane and don't lose focus on your goals.

She set aside her burgeoning feelings and tried to live in the moment. Kitsuki continued to eat and drink at a leisurely pace. She wanted to savor every morsel of this scrumptious lunch.

"Prince Okane...if you don't mind me asking...how were you able to do all this? The floating city. The golden flower. The crafter I spoke with earlier said that there is something about you that no other creator possesses. I'm curious as to how is it that you...well....do the things you do?"

Post by Okane Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:35 pm

Okane would smile as they ate but he also at quietly in small bites. He wasn't so crude as to stuff his mouth despite how delicious the meal was. Instead he was following a lot of the teachings the wasp academy did for etiquete at the dinner table. The lessons for males with his private tutors wasn't all that much different to be honest. More of him taking the lead perhaps but he wasn't forceful. It all seemed to fall into place with him. He would listen as she commented about being spoiled and not eating anything on his ....island without it being prepared by the chef himself. He would smile and finish what he was chewing on before dabbing at his mouth with a napkin. With that done he would raise his glass at the girl across from him. Too young for him of course but he enjoyed being charming. "To excellent food accompanied by excellent company." With that toast he would sip the last of the champagne in his glass and set it down. The nearby waiter coming over and immediatly refilling it without having to be summoned and a glance to her to see if she wanted more. If she gave any indication he would top off her glass, if not he would place it back in the bucket and take three long paces back.

Okane would collect his glass and sit straight backed in his seat. The candle light picking up small sparkles of gold off his pale skin. Giving him the vision of being something far more mystical than human. He would listen as she questioned what set him apart. One of his employees had mentioned something set him apart and he could only help but to chuckle softly. (He couldn't say mods and crafting time after all) He wasn't chuckling to mock her though. His shining green eyes held no animosity or cruelty. Instead he would take a breath. His gaze shifting to the side softly as if in thought. "My father is a good man. A sense for business to him. Even through his efforts to make sure I had an education in so many trades I was a petulant child. I felt as if all life was for me was an education. So I rebelled as children do and wasted away my talents partying with others. I will never forget what he told me to bring me back from the edge. He did not yell, did not bring me down with his words. Instead we stood in the desert on a beach next to the ocean under the night sky. He told me so many people were content to live in this world as it was. Only striving for what was already there. He didn't see that future for me. It is only by the grace of great men and women that the world progresses. Those who would bring about change for the sake of the world. I have made weapons and armor for war but I have done more than that too. I have created new power sources that last indefinetly. Tools for travel and even conquered the skies. Because a father believed in his child the world turned a little more. I will continue to improve the world. It is my destiny."

He would smile and look back to her. It appeared a slight blush was on his cheeks for having spoken so openly. He would take another sip of his champagne before setting it down. Leaning forward now as he folded his right knee over his left and placed his folded hands over his knee. His eyes studying her as his mind whirled. Speaking gently once more. "You asked what set me apart, I hope that provided you with an answer. However I would prefer my skills proved my words. It is by our actions we should be judged and not pretty speeches. So in turn I will ask you. What incredible item have you brought to me to mold into a new form?"

Stats:

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:44 pm

"To excellent food and company" Kitsuki repeated with a smile. She raised her glass for the toast and sipped the champagne. Normally, Kitsuki wouldn't want her glass refilled but she saw no harm in topping it off, although she wouldn't want another refill. The waiter's movements were refined and practiced. She wouldn't be surprised if he had undergone formal training as a butler. Men of Okane's position rarely suffered simpletons for even the lowest positions of service. He began to chuckle at her question and her heart sank. Kitsuki's face didn't show it but she was worried that she had asked a stupid question. The last thing she wanted to do was insult or make him think she was some kind of idiot. As Okane explained though, she realized it was not her he had been laughing at. It was the irony of the whole situation. He had spent at least part of his youth squandering his talent on bullshit and after a heart-to-heart with his father he made something of himself. He had talent yes, but when he nurtured that talent and put his effort and soul into his craft, he was able to make miracles happen.

Kit stared at him in awe as he told his story.
    He's just like me!

Kitsuki had been in a similar situation although her story was not as dramatic. She and her sister had been pretty bad kids. Getting into fights, hanging out with the wrong crowd, and generally getting up to no good. At the end of their rope, her parents had shipped them off to the elite boarding school known as the WASP. Katsumi had calmed down a bit after that but was mostly the same. Kitsuki on the other hand, had done a total 180. She took the lessons of the Academy to heart and she had transformed herself from a meek follower desperate for notoriety into a distinguished Lady of the Arts. She was so much stronger than she had been before attending the school and now she had the grace to really showcase it. She identified with Okane's story. Destiny was a powerful thing and just as his was to progress the world through technology, her's was to save it from otherworldly threats. She smiled back at him and almost giggled at the fact that he was blushing. Sharing something so intimate with a stranger was not an easy thing. Kit wanted to tell Okane her own story but now was not the time for that. Besides, even if the themes were the same, they way he told his made it sound heroic. If Kit opened her mouth and tried to capture that same magic, she might come off as a spoiled brat that was sent to bad girl camp for a few years and came out a Stepford Cuckoo.

No way jose.

Kitsuki let the subject return to the meeting's original purpose: her new cane. Kit nodded and response to Okane:

"I empathize with your story and I think the world is glad that your father was able to bring out your genius and creativity. I think the item that I have for you will add to your legacy Prince Okane"

Now it was time for Kitsuki to knock his socks off. She was sure that he was familiar with Fuuinjutsu but the technique that Kitsuki was using to store Shibuki was not a seal. She put her knife and force down and reached out to the air next to her chair. She focused for a moment and the space near her began to bend and distort. Time itself coalesced around the empty space and then glowed as an object was brought from the past into the present. In a light flash, a large case would appear before them. The technique she had used was known as "Angelic Return" and it allowed her to banish items into the past and bring them back to the present at will. It was nothing the Prince had ever seen before and hopefully it would alert him to the fact that he was also dealing with a Child of Destiny.

Kitsuki undid the clasped to reveal the weapon contained within. Laid within the velvet interior of the case would be the notorious Sword Shibuki. The blade was rather large with rolls of explosive tags lining the side of it. The case had secured it completely so that a misfire could not possibly occur.

"I present to you....Shibuki, one of the Seven Swords of the Hidden Mist. I need you to turn it into a cane-bow hybrid. I have the specifications and blueprints of what I want already drawn up."

In truth, Zizz had been the real source of the blueprints. Kitsuki's understanding of weapons crafting was rudimentary at best but with the help of the Universal Builder, she was able to capture the finer details of what she wanted. The Angel was able to interface with her mind and "crunch the numbers" so to speak so that a readable and actionable blueprint could be created.

Used:
    Angelic Return: .5 GP | .5 CP

Grace Pool: 16.5

Post by Okane Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:44 pm

Okane would smile as she mentioned addin to his legacy. Of course his ego was there but he was truly curious. His eyes however would show surprise and delight at her technique. There was no document with a seal on it. The design of the technique was unlike anything he had ever seen before as it didn't actually seem to be connected to anything he could sense. Most foundations of seals required a location for the sealed object or jutsu to be placed. Be it a tattoo or a sheet of paper or even etchings into an item. However this one didn't seem to be connected to an object at all. A fascinating jutsu of course. A great deal of potential to it. But what had it done exactly? He was unsure and the unknown fascinated him. If he had his hands on that technique he could create a new focus point for some of his technologies. Calling it to him at will as she had done. He would lightly clap as he smiled. Rising from his seat to show how impressed he was.

"Ahh wonderful wonderful! Such an amazing display of technique and skill. Truly an impressive woman. Now, lets see what we have here."

He would move closer to it and his eyes would dance across the surface. She introduced it but he needed no such thing. Such a fantastic legendary item was well known in the crafting world but he had never seen himself actually remolding one.  He would reach out and trace his fingers down the tags and edges. Whereever and whenever he touched it the tips of his fingers would turn gold with little red seals on them. Even if she had it contained his touch held another level of cautionary designs. Preventing any mishaps himself on top of her skill. He would hum happily as he appraised it. "Such artwork. Many would say this is a brutish weapon but to put this together in such a simple appearance and yet elegant at the same time. The one who created it would rival myself. You said you had blueprints already?" He would hold out his hand for them and if she would hand them over he would glance the documents over and study them for a moment. No confusion apparent in his eyes but a nod here and there. Already the wheels were turning in his head.

Finally he would roll up the blue prints and tuck them into his pocket. Closing the case on the weapon before turning to the two servants present. Addressing them. "At the end of the dinner, if she agree's to any terms, I want an escort prepared to take me and this item to our research and development center. Two full squads. I won't accept any mishaps. This is a treasure to Kiri. I will not have anything happen to it." With that he would turn to her and smile happily. Such a challenge was worthy of his time. And yet business had to be conducted as business. One of the servants was already walking away to make the arrangments. "I can certainly make this happen. Though it will take me one week. Personally I would do this just for the honor of it if I could. But it would set a precedent for my other customers. I must ask for something in return. For this I would charge, hmm well I suppose a hundred and fifty thousand. With a garantee of my work. Alternatively though..." He would sit in his seat once more and collect his glass before sipping from it to clear his dried mouth. Such a fantastic site had certainly brought forth some emotions. "There are feats in this world worth more to me than currency. Perhaps you would consider keeping your money in return for the technique you just used?"

Stats:

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Kitsuki had been watching his reaction as she recalled Shibuki. She had found exactly what she was looking for: surprise, amazement, and admiration. Kit was certain that none of the girls with whom he most assuredly flirted with could do what she just did. The technique was courtesy of an elemental release that was entirely unique to her. She smiled as he called her a "truly impressive woman." It was music to her ears. Okane would then turn his attention to the prize itself. She gave him free reign to inspect the object. She didn't think he'd steal it and if he tried she was confident she could stop him. She was infatuated with him but not enough to let him make off with one of Kiri's most powerful swords. He asked for the blueprints and she'd conjure those in much the same way she would with the case. A flash of golden light and the blueprints would materialize in her hand, unfortunately, her skill with the technique was not perfect and so she had ended up giving him more than she had intended. Alongside the blueprints for Amicus Curiae would be the blueprints for the Quantum Meruit Armour. Kit realized her mistake and said:

"Oh that other thing...you uh...don't need to worry about that" she blushed. The armour had a very unique aesthetic touch to it but she wasn't finished with the design. Most of the mechanics had been devised with Zizz's help and so filling in the cosmetic blanks had been harder than she thought. Aesthetic design was normally an area where Kit excelled at but retaining its function and making it look good was tough work. "Its an armour I'm working on...I'm not good enough to make it myself but maybe some day I will be."

She didn't have the money or the clout to really request his services for the armour and she hoped he didn't think she was  asking for handouts. Kitsuki listened as Okane described the security protocol he wanted applied to Shibuki. Kitsuki trusted him  completely. The man's reputation was unblemished to the point where the entire world consented to his governance of the neutral zone. After all was said and done, Okane was willing to craft the item she desired. Kit suppressed a grin far wider than what she was currently displaying.

No cheesing!

She hadn't expected a freebie from the man and so his price of 150,000 ryo seemed more than fair. She was about to make a verbal acceptance to his tender offer when he brought up an alternative form of payment.

He wants to know how to perform Angelic Return?

Kitsuki shouldn't have been surprised but she was. She didn't use Time Release a lot but when she had no one had ever broached the subject of being taught it. She didn't even know if such a thing was possible.

Hey Zizz....can I tea-
    ⵏo

The Angel was usually not this abrupt but Kit took her simple answer at face value. Zizz was her's and her's alone. At this current stage of their relationship, not an iota of the alien's power could be shared. Not that it mattered though, even if such a thing was possible, she wasn't sure she'd take that deal. Kitsuki was well aware that Okane had humanitarian tendencies. She was also aware that he was currently the greatest arms dealer in the world and Kiri wasn't his only customer. Once you taught someone a technique, you couldn't exactly take it back. You could kill them or erase their minds but that was quite a hassle and something she'd only consider in the most extreme and gravest of circumstances. She didn't think Okane would abuse Angelic Return to that point, but she couldn't be sure. He was a businessman and if she gave him the technique, she couldn't fault him for using it just as he'd use any other. It was his influence and his genius that protected him, not an army or his own power. His crafting was his shield just as well as it was his sword so it was only natural he sought to expand his repertoire.

She decided not to hold his request against him, but for reasons both practical and personal she could not oblige him. Of course, giving him an answer straight away would ruin the fun game between them. She had flattered him quite a bit and now it was time to tease him. She gave him her most charming smile and took a sip from her glass of champagne. As she drank, she maintained eye contact with him. He had done so much to flex his power and might before her, now it was time for her to do the same. She pretended to give the matter some consideration before setting the glass down and replying:

"Unfortunately, its not the sort of thing I can teach you. Its complicated....I'll have to decline the alternative option Prince Okane. If its all the same to you, I can pay you the 150,000 Ryo for your help...although...."

Okane had said that money wasn't a factor for him and from what she saw, she believed it. He wanted his curiosity sated and even if she couldn't teach him the jutsu proper, she could shed some light on how it worked. She could use that as leverage to get an even better deal. Kitsuki was a good girl but she wasn't as naive as she came off sometimes. She understood the way the world worked. She wasn't going to let a little crush get in the way of her being prepared for war. She detested conflict but sometimes the best way to prevent one, was to demonstrate that you weren't afraid of it.

"I can introduce you to the person who taught it to me.That is if you could give me a deal on the armour as well"

She hadn't intended to show him the armour but now that she had, she decided she'd make the most of it. He might think she had done it on purpose but at this point that was a risk she was willing to take.

Post by Okane Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Okane would smile as she mentioned an armor she was striving to achieve her goals with. He glanced at it momentarily before she snatched it away and smiled before turning back his attention to the blueprints before him. It wasn't a slight thing she was asking but a compete rework in the design. He would need to melt down the materials and start from there. His jade eyes seemed to glow with intelligence as he looked over the blueprints. It was well written and for anyone knowing what they were looking at easy to follow. He could already picture in his mind the steps he would have to take. Already the security team was arriving. Their response time was no joke. They would form a formation around the box as Okane indicated it before he rolled up the blueprints and they seemed to be there one moment and gone the next. A small bit of slight of hand but with A rank coordination it would be neigh impossible for the average eye to follow. Instead he would smile to the young princess and bow low to her as was polite. Speaking in a soothing voice as he did so. It was a pity he couldn't learn the technique.

"Ahh well my dear princess it has been an honor. I must turn down meeting the one who taught it to you however. There is little to no garantee I would gain anything by doing so. I am a man who doesn't do much without purpose. Give me one week with your precious item and I shall turn it into something fashioned just the way you wanted it. Once it is done it will be delivered to where ever you are staying. For now I am a busy man on a schedule. Please excuse me from your grace. It was a wonderful meal we shared but I admit I am filled with boyish wonder to begin on this project. "

He would smile and move backwards while bowing. Something often done by someone of a lower station than the one they bowed to. He would only turn on his heel and leave once he was ten paces from her. The entrouge of security following him to his lab. No one would attempt to stop her if she followed but staff would keep her out of the lab itself in a comfortable waiting area if she tried to follow into the lab itself. It was a restricted area for her safety and the safety of those around her. She would be given a sweet near the top floor of the tower for the time she would have to spend waiting regardless of if she intended to use it or not with an order list to phone down to the chef to pass the time. Okane on the other hand was focused on his work for the next week and would hardly leave the lab. Already planning the project after hers. A man married to his work.

exit thread?
    8 posts at 20 exp a piece 160 exp

Stats:

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Kitsuki blinked in surprise at Okane's reaction to her counter-offer. She had totally misread him. He was uninterested in meeting Zizz or crafting her armour. When he called himself a man who didn't do anything without a purpose she was rather stunned. She had expected him to be a time utilitarian but not to the extent that such behavior would border upon rudeness. Not content with refusing her deal, he excused himself from the meal entirely to go work on her weapon. If this was just some regular craftter then she'd be thrilled at the prospect of them getting to work so soon. However when dining with a Prince so elegant and handsome, the words were like nails on a chalkboard.

"Wai-" she was about to say but before she could construct a well-reasoned argument for him to stay, he was already leaving. The exit was so swift that it left her sitting at the table in total surprise. The weapon had been taken away for him to work on and now she was sitting in the dining hall alone. She looked at her half-finished meal and then back at the empty chair. She tried to process what had just happen. Like a thief in the night he had stolen her heart and then exited stage left. She furrowed her brow in annoyance. It had all been a ruse. A dastardly plan to seduce her and get what he truly wanted: the oppurtunity to work on Shibuki. She shouldn't have been mad. The whole reason she had come to the Heavenly Emporium was for an experienced blacksmith to create the weapon that she desired. She couldn't have asked for a better blacksmith than Okane so why was she upset. She balled her hands into fists and scrunched up her face. If he had just been straight with her then she wouldn't be so upset. He was being gentlemanly yes but he had given her the impression that she was special and that they could spend more time together. She hated herself for being so easily charmed and distracted.

Stupid! I told you that this was all business! It was never a date dummy, he's just trying to butter you up for money and influence. He doesn't care about you. Not really. He probably doesn't care about any girl.

She sighed. Headmaster Sukimori was the same. Always wedded to a mission or some higher purpose. He was a bit less "Prince Charming" than Okane but he was also a lot less rude. Kitsuki shook her head and stood up. She tried not to be mad at him but she couldn't help feeling like she wanted to sock him in the face. She gathered her things and left the hall. It was an excellent dinner and dance yet the whole thing had been spoiled. She shook her head realizing that maybe if she had something that she cared about as much as Okane and Sukimori did then she'd probably not melt so easily.

ⵡⴻⵍⵍ ⴰⵜ ⵍⴻⴰⵙⵜ ⵢoⵓ ⵙⵜⵉⵍⵍ ⵀⴰⵠⴻ ⵎⴻ ⴽⵉⵜ
    At least I still have you...

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 am