Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Tuning up one's affinity

Mort
    Mort

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: 0

Tuning up one's affinity Empty Tuning up one's affinity

Post by Mort Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:46 am

Mort took another look at the gift package for all kumogakure Shinobi and breathe a heavy sigh. It was the sort of sigh that made those around said sigher understand the plight of the sigh, even if they didn't know the cause. In this case, the cause was a simple affinity issue, as Mort happened to not have the one major thing nearly all Kumo shinobi had: a lightning affinity. Instead, he was born with an affinity for wind, making the selling point of the gift package more or less useless. Sure the gear was higher quality then what was sold at the market, but it still hurts his beating heart but he couldn't take advantage of its main selling point without having to drop some complicated seal that would need a recharge.

"Yanno Id, it's days like these where I wonder why I became a ninja." The statement wasn't completely true, he knew completely while why he became one, he just needed to release some of that negative energy inside him. 'No need to be overdramatic right now, just go and get your care package and be done with it.' "No, I can't just bemoan my issue. No way Jose. Instead, I'm going to pull out the most forbidden technique a customer would ever do." His face would darken slightly. "I'm going to try and speak to the manager."

'Motima! That's madness! You really think that something so dumb and rediculous will actually work? If you're that deadset on getting something, just place an order and move on!' But he couldn't just 'move on'. This was something his primal instincts would never fully understand, the need to stand up for one's beliefs and see it through to the end, to try one's best, even if it failed. That or maybe he had five too many sodas and was currently running off of a sugar high, giving him a confidence one wouldn't think possible for a Genin to have until they hit Chunin.

Walking into the shop, Mort would try to locate some sort of bell when he feasted his eyes upon a display case holding a very specific object. Looking at the name, all manners of wanting to discuss the egregious gift pakage fell through. The Tuning Sword was calling out to him, and he'd wave his right arm, his body stiff as he tried to find some sort of bell to try and get ahold of someone to try and buy the beautiful piece of artwork before him.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Medic | Fuuin | Tender | Blacksmith | Engineer | Chemisty
    Class: B
    Ryo: A Lot

Tuning up one's affinity Empty Re: Tuning up one's affinity

Post by DamienDarhk Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:33 pm

Darhk Unlimited had been booming with business since the day they had opened shop, even with the fact that most of the customers had originally came in for the advertised free equipment many had found other things that they purchased. It made Damien appreciate the deal he had made with Ryuko all the more, his shop was making more money than he thought it would considering the loss they were taking from giving away items. He had to admit it was the best marketing strategy he had ever used, however he could not take credit for it. It was Zhu Li that had come up with the idea of purposing that little tid bit into their deal, considering everything she had done for him she was looking to get a very nice bonus with her salary.

Today had been a busy day as all the rest had, Hiro would be taking inventory in the back when he heard the ring from the bell hanging on the door signalling another customer entering the shop. As the old man opened the door behind the counter his eyes would fall upon a very strange sight, a young male standing in front of one of the display cases waving his arm around as if he was trying to press a button or something in the air. Hiro would let out a cough both to clear his throat and to get the lads attention, "Is there something I can help you with boy?" The deep rumble of Hiro's voice would carry through the quiet open shop floor, sounding like a deep growl as he leaned against the counter and waited for the boy to answer him.

[1]
    Mort
    Mort

Character File

Post by Mort Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:50 am

He's stop moving around in what was probably an uncomfortable way and looked at the man addressing him. "Oh, that's where the bell was. Yes, yes indeed! You see, I had come in after seeing the gift package offered to Shinobi, and while I am one myself I couldn't exactly take advantage of it's electrical channeling properties as I have an affinity for Wind and not Lightning, so I though I'd come in to see what else I might be able to work with when I saw THIS!" He'd motion to the display version of the Tuning Sword, his arms outstretched towards the display weapon. "I saw that there was a note saying I'd need to place an order for it specifically, and well, I'd like to place the order!" He could hear the beautiful sounds the weapon could make in his mind, the possibilities with such a weapon at his fingertips. Sure it wasn't exactly perfect, but he could think of a few way to channel his fuuton affinity into it to carry the sounds it'd make farther.

He'd relax and assume a more neutral stance before snapping his fingers and pointing up, hie eye contact not breaking from the man asking him. "Oh, and I'd also like to purchase 200 books, I hope that's not too much to ask for." He'd give a smile to the poor shopkeeper as he'd reach into his neckline. Biting his tongue a little he'd dig around before pulling out a leather red wallet with golden-colored trim, already ready to pay.

Current Bill (so I don't forget)
    20,000 Ryo for 200 Books
    20,000 Ryo for the Tuning sword

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:49 pm

Hiro would let out a laugh that would cause the glass cases of the displays shake slightly, "Well now, that's quite a large order. Plan on doing some writing are we?" The bearded man would joke as he walked towards the back shelf that stood behind the counter, placing forty packages of small books on the counter. "I can seal those into a scroll to make them easier to carry them, if you like." The man would offer, knowing that carrying so man books even if they were wrapped in packs of five was not so easy. "As for your request on the Tuning Sword, I will let Mister Darhk know of your interest as it is a special design of his that I am not capable of duplicating. Unfortunately, Mister Darhk is an extremely busy individual and I am unsure when he would be able to fill you request." Hiro would add in regards to Mort's desire for the Tuning Sword, however another voice would come over an speaker behind the counter. "Hiro, Bring him to my office." Hiro would shift a little when the voice, "well seems the boss would like to speak with you himself. Follow me." Hiro would open the half door of the counter to allow Mort to pass through, before opening the door behind the counter. Behind the door would stand a long decorated hallway wide enough for two to walk beside each other, that was not exactly as extravagant as the outer shop, however still more than one would expect from an area where only the employees where at. On the left a few feet beyond the door from the shop would be a single doorway leading to the shops storage room, though Hiro would walk straight past it. Reaching the end of the hallway, Hiro would do something hidden from Mort's view that would cause the wall to move and reveal a stone spiral staircase. "Just head on up there," Hiro would say as he stepped out of the way to allow Mort to pass by before returning to the front of the shop.

At the top of the staircase was a pair of large double doors opening the doors revealed extravagant office, the entirety of the wall on the right was a large fish tank full of exotic fish from around the world on the left from floor to ceiling, from wall to wall were books. The wall opposite the door was a large window looking out into Kumogakure, in front of the window would sit a large desk behind which would sit a large chair facing away from the doorway hiding the one sitting in it. On the opposite side of the desk set two comfortable looking chairs. Above the doors into the office sits a large painting of Moonspire from a distance at night, Darhk Tower visibly stretching out to the moon painted in the background. It's placement is in such a way that Damien could look to it from his seat at the desk if he was facing the desk, but unless one looked behind and above them as they entered the room, one wasn't likely to see the painting until they went to leave. "Have a seat," came Damien's voice from the chair without turning around, "So you are interested in the Tuning Sword, are you?"

[2]
    Mort
    Mort

Character File

Post by Mort Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:54 pm

He give a smile back to the shopkeeper, not quite realizing it was a joke. "Sort of. I've been working on some new ideas, but to properly execute them I need books as scrolls are too flexible." He had been trying to think of new ways to apply seals, and since books were just several tags that could be put together, in theory once could make the book into a proper ninjutsu tome. As for the quick seal, he'd nod. "That'd be nice, please and thank you." No need to reveal his plans yet. If he was going to show it off, it'd be in the field of battle.

Still, out of all the things that he figured might happen during his shopping trip, he didn't expect to be called back by the store owner. He'd go through the back area and walk down the hallway. As he'd follow, Mort would look at the walls and wonder why everything looked as nice as it did. Sure making things looked nice would help morale, but this didn't feel like a morale booster, or if it was it wasn't for the employees. When the staircase was revealed, he was a little surprised to head Id speak up in his mind. 'Get the fuck out of the driver's seat ray of sunshine. You're shit at negotiations.'

Confused by all the strange secret stuff, he'd let Id take over, their eyes shifting to purple as they walked up the staircase, and as soon as they had reached the doors, there was a sense of foreboding in their gut, becoming even stronger as soon as they entered and saw the, while admittedly cool, fishtank that was way too large for anyone to own and not be trying to show off.

They'd take a seat, recognizing the voice from the speaker and wondering if this man got off on being mysterious. "That is correct, we are quite interested in the Tuning Sword.  Unlike most Kumo Shinobi we're one of the few who doesn't have an affinity for Raiton, so we feel that it's design will allow us to use our Fuuton affinity as best as we can."

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:14 am

It wasn't surprising to Damien to her the boy say that he did not possess the affinity for Raiton, though the elements was the most common in the land of lightning there were those that held power in other ways. Damien would turn around in his chair, finally showing his face to the male. Damien's shoulder length hair a jet black framing his face and matching his black button down shirt, his violet jacket the same shade as his eyes. "My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience about the gift package, here at Darhk Unlimited we aim to please every customer." The male would say with his best salesman smile on his face, only the truly perceptive and intelligent would be able to tell that his smile was nothing more than a mere pokerface. He was sizing the male up, trying to understand him and why he referred to himself as we. "I have been working on some new designs, some similar to the genre of the Tuning Sword. They would work with sound using Fuuton chakra, if you are interested in something in I am willing to supplement the items in your gift package once they are completed." Damien would take a sip of whiskey as he would wait for the male to reply, before turning the chair slightly so that he could stand up and walk over to his whiskey cabinet. "Would you like a glass?" He would ask to be polite, he didn't know the male's preference but if he wanted a glass Damien would be an good host and pour him one. He would then walk to the empty table next to his desk, just a few feet away from where Mort sat. Placing a small paper on the table, Damien would activate the unsealing technique. A Tuning Sword would appear on the table in a puff of smoke, "It just so happens that I have a Tuning Sword ready for purchase, if you like you can test it out and see how it feels in your hand before you pay for it. It's not something I offer to many clients, however I will make the exception in order to apologize for the inconvenience of the gift package."

[3]
    Mort
    Mort

Character File

Post by Mort Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:51 pm

They weren't surprised when the chair turned around it revealed a man, though they were a bit surprised to see how...plain he looked. It was a little jarring given everything else; the room, the hallway, even the chair. Sure his coat was a bit fancy, but it wasn't extravagant. And yet it somehow worked. "No need to apologize, I understand the need to cater to the majority of your customer base before you can address others."

As much as Id wanted to believe they they were perceptive and intelligent, and while they certainly were the more knowledgeable, they were still limited by their lack of worldly experience. Not that they weren't paranoid and assumed he was lying somehow, but as far as they could tell the man's smile, while feeling out of place for an apology, was genuine. When offered a glass, they'd take a moment to consider before nodding. "Please and thank you." They had had some liquor in the past, and while they had found most liquor tasted horrible, to say no was rude.

Their eyes flickered from purple to green for a few moments when the sword appeared in front of them, Mort internally trying to take control, but Id mentally shoved him back. 'Calm the hell down dumbass. If you act out right now we might get banned or worse, arrested! 'Can I at least swing it? Unlike me you're swing is shit when you're in control.' '...only because I know I'll regret it if I don't let you.' Taking in a small breath, they'd nod again.

"It would be foolish not to take up both offers." They wondered if he really just 'happened' to have only one made at the time, or if it was a purposeful bottleneck on supply. When indicated they pick up the sword and let Mort back in the pilot seat, their eyes shifting back to green as he carefully tested the weight and feel. "Hmmm, good balance, solid grip, the weight is a little more forward then I'm used to, but that works to it's advantage. He'd pull out a small rag and would wipe off some of the oils on his thumb before lightly pressing the blade's edge; enough to tell it's sharpness, but not enough to cut and draw blood. "Oooh, that's a good edge. Not as sharp as Kumo's artifacts, but much sharper and higher quality then anything I own right now. He'd nod. "I think she's a keeper."

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Damien would smile as Mort inspected the Tuning Sword and commented on how it was a keeper, of course the man knew it would be considering what he had seen on the cameras in the shop. The lad had entered the store with such determination only to be knocked off balance and look like a fool at the sight of the display, of course Damien now realized he more than likely was coming to complain about the gift package. "It's more than just a sharp blade, it hold the same properties as the tuning fork. Go ahead and smack it against the wall, it provides a beautiful ring." Damien would remark as he continued to watch Mort handle the blade as he took his seat back at his desk. "If you are satisfied Hiro can ring you up down stairs, unless there was anything else I can help you with that is. We offer a variety of services here at Darhk Unlimited, from weapons and armors to poisons and enchantments for such items and everything in between. Of course if you are looking for some extra income we can help with that as well, anything your heart desires whether you see it in my shop or not and you think it simply a dream. I can make such a dream come true." Damien's voice would hold a hint of ominousness to it as it he was offering more than simply wares and extra income, in truth it depended upon the person what kind of business was dealt with by Damien but he had a hand in almost everything in the village with the exception of religion. The male would place his elbows on the table and interlocked his fingers in front of him as he waited for Mort to respond to the inquiry of if he wanted more, interested in hearing just what the male would say.

[4]
    Mort
    Mort

Character File

Post by Mort Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Both Mort and Id were a little conflicted about smacking the sword; Mort as it hadn't gone through his personal ritual, and Id because smacking it could possibly add additional cost. But after a little hesitation they'd do so, giving it a light smack on the wall. It gave off a solid reverberation, and he'd note that while the blade itself vibrated, the handle didn't agitate his hand. The sound was, just as the man said, quite lovely.

'Do we need anything else? We got you a sword, addressed the gift package issue, and even some books for good measure.' 'True, but what about the future weapons? Like a spear, or scythe, or even a shotel? I may be good at swords, but as a warrior we have to be good at ALL weapons, or at least know how to use them.' 'A shotel is a sword dumbass' 'And? still a weapon we have to learn how to use!' '...I'll see what I can do.'

Lowering the blade as it stopped it's shaking, they's turn back to it's creator. "Can you elaborate more on the weapons and armor? As much as we knew we'll enjoy this work of art, just as well we know that someday we'll run into a foe that'll be able to counter such a tool. As such we'd like to commission several items along those lines. While a sword is good and all, I have yet to see an axe or shield appear in Kumo save for...well one person, and she had to make them herself." Their thoughts drifted back to Niko and her strange style of gear. She too had slipped into a coma since they met, and without her they didn't have a solid way to get higher quality gear. It had gotten to the point where Mort had wondered if he was asymptomatic and was the cause of the several blacksmiths he had met to fall into said coma, or if he was just unlucky.

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:16 pm

A smirk would form as Mort would ask about elaborating on the weapons and armor, as well as mentioning needing to comiision several. "It's hard for me to elaborate really, as there is nothing that exists in this world that I cannot create.  Swords, spears, axes, broadswords, shields, full body armor, drones, communication devices, whatever your heart desires I can make a reality no matter how absurd you might think your request to be. If you dream it, I can make it and no one can beat my quality of products. However due to the broad spectrum of which armor and weapons fall into, I am going to need more details from you. What exactly are you looking for?" Damien would sit back in his chair and take a drink from his glass as he awaited the male's response, he wasn't lying either there was nothing that he couldn't build. If the boy could see his office back in Moonspire he would see the countless number of projects he was working on, and that's just his personal ones not counting the thousands that his employees were working on as well. An axe was simple and he had already made one shield for the new Queen, it would be nothing for him to make more. Though without more of that strange material she had found, the other shields would not be nearly as powerful as the Queen's and yet they would still be an impressive stopping force. "If you provide me with a list of the items you wish for, I will add them to my itinerary and get them completed as soon as I can. However I will note that it could be a few months before I am able to get to it as I have a long list of special request I must fill before I can start new requests, however placing the orders now will ensure your placement on the list and you will not have to worry about someone else jumping the line ahead of you. So to speak." Damien would add. The man was not lying of course, at least not completely. He did have a long list of requests that had come in since the shop opened, but it would not take him months to get to Mort's request just a few weeks a month max. Damien believed in giving out longer deadlines than it would really take for two reasons, the first reason was it meant when he completed it early they would praise him more for it and often times give a higher payment for it. The second reason is if something unforeseen came up that caused a delay, he did not have to worry about explaining it to the client as he would still have ample time to complete the request by the given deadline.

[5]
    Mort
    Mort

Character File

Post by Mort Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Nothing he can't create. While many time he'd heard people say that, Damian would be the first person Mort believed that when those words were spoken that it was true. Once again Mort's mind went spiraling into the many possibilities and choices he could choose from, but Id would reign those thoughts in. They weren't made of money, and they still needed to save up money to assist in their gift for their clan. For now they'd just have to limit themselves to one weapon.

"We are fine with waiting for a little longer seeing as you've been so kind to us. We think for now it would be best to start off with just an axe and a shield as we doubt many shinobi are used to fighting against that sort of weapon combination. We aren't picky when it comes to design as long as it's functional." Id almost added that they found the creator of a weapon was usually at their best when not hampered down by specific requests within the weapon that weren't broad strokes, but they'd keep it to themselves to not cause any trouble.

"We believe that's all. You said the man downstairs was named Hiro, yes? If we have any other requests we would go through him?" Sure they knew any requests after this would probably take longer, but knowing the best way to place any future orders when they actually had money would be nice.

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Damien would smirk when the male said they weren't picky, it gave him more freedom to be creative. Something he enjoyed however there was one thing he needed to know, a piece of information that had to be said before he started. "All I need to know is what kind of shield you wish to carry?" Damien would remark as he began making notations within his little black book. The type of shield was important considering the various kinds of shields there were, from small lance shields to giant tower shields and everything in between. Though he enjoyed the freedom of creativity the creation needed to suit the wielder, a tower shield might be too much for him to carry with one arm while wielding a weapon or a lance shield be too small than what he needed. The amount of variables were simply too great for Damien to take a chance in making the wrong type shield, after all not everyone could hold a tower shield like Ryuko could. Once Mort had answered his question Damien would finish his notations and close his book returning it to the inside pocket of his suit, "Yes Hiro will be more than capable of passing on any future request to me in the event I am unable to meet with you. Just come in and let him know what you are looking for, and he will get it to me though the wait on those might be much longer depending upon the workload." Damien would reply to the question of placing orders through Hiro, after all the man was in charge of Damien's shop after all. Still there was much left to do, and Damien needed to return to Moonspire, "you can leave the money for the sword and the books with Hiro as well, and you will be hearing from me soon." Damien would state before taking his leave from the office without waiting on Mort, leaving the boy alone in his office as he went to leave the shop.

{Exit}
    [6]
    Mort
    Mort

Character File

Post by Mort Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:49 pm

"Hmm, maybe a...oh what was it called? Baloese? Baluse?" They'd try to recall what the strange-looking shield they once saw in a book was. "We think the best way to describe it is like the hull of a long sailing ship." They'd pull out a slip of paper and make a semi-decent drawing of it. "We know it isn't a conventional style of shield, but a buckler is too small and larger shields aren't useful for our current style of combat. This one though should work decently well for wind techniques given it's more aerodynamic shape." They recalled their fight with the girl with the not-bird and her twirling can technique. if they could somehow recreate it with a shield, perhaps they'd have a stronger chance at winning their next fight against her. it also looked like it could be used as a surfbord or skateboard, and ninja or not shield-surfing just sounded cool.

Their questions having been answered, it seemed the meeting was done as the boos of Dhark got up and left. It was a bit jarring not even being motioned to the door where they came from, but it was clear it was time to go. Getting up they'd turn around and finally see the large moonspire painting and take a few seconds to appreciate it. They'd take a final swig of their liquor and make their way back through the hallway, gave a small knock to let Hiro know he was coming through, and pay for his items, a look of both happiness and confusion from the meeting on his face.

{Exit}

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:55 am