Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Wolverine Time [Specialty Flashback/Ashitaka]

AriDokuma
    AriDokuma

Village : N/A

Wolverine Time [Specialty Flashback/Ashitaka] Empty Wolverine Time [Specialty Flashback/Ashitaka]

Post by AriDokuma Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:58 am

It was maybe a couple of days or so after Ari encountered Ash outside of that horrible team meeting. Ari has been doing her best to improve her behavior as Rin told her, but frankly it was because of why he fights. He fights to protect the future generations from the suffering she endured, and that included protecting her as well. It was something Ari considered before, but she didn't have the courage to face it. If there was anything however, Ari realized that the bo-staff she bought a while ago doesn't really compliment her style.

Ashitaka has brought a few weapons in the two occasions they met, and Ari figured that Ashitaka was a weaponscrafter of some kind. If not, then perhaps he could point her in the right direction. Regardless, Ari raised a hand to knock three times against the closed door to Ashitaka's workshop. Then she proceeded to wait as she was wearing her tools and armor. Albeit this time Ari did send a message to Ashitaka to inform him ahead of time that she wished to speak with him about possibly working on a weapon for her. As for whether he will or not is up to him.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 171,892
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: B

Limit Break Points:
    • Physical:
    • Technique:
    • Destiny:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3685-dokuma-s-updates?nid=14#28855
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3683-ari-dokuma
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Bukijutsu, Sensory, Weapon Smithing (S), Ninjutsu, Kyujutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: 460,837

Wolverine Time [Specialty Flashback/Ashitaka] Empty Re: Wolverine Time [Specialty Flashback/Ashitaka]

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:56 am

Ashitaka was startled by the sound of knocking on his apartment door. The rooms surrounding his had no tenants to his knowledge, and in general he tried to limit his work to the daytime hours when it wouldn't bother people. Also, his insignificance in ninja society meant that he didn't exactly attract visitors, so having one was more than a little surprising. It didn't help that he had dozed off again in his pile of weapon designs that he couldn't afford the materials for. After a few moments of dragging himself to and struggling to put on his clothes, the disheveled boy worked his way to the door. His haggard "hadn't slept at all this week" appearance added yet another layer to his looking much older than he was. At this rate, he'd probably start getting gray hairs before he hit puberty.

He opened the door. It was Ari. Great. He'd accuse her of having a knack for catching him at his worst, but he never seemed to get any better than his last "worst". If he was going for the "tortured artist" look, he was certainly nailing it. In spite of that, he tried to smile for her. He couldn't remember the last time he subjected himself to a bath, so he hoped that the smell of melted steel and titanium, and cut Senju wood would mask whatever awfulness he was probably emanating. To that end, he stepped back further into his apartment a bit.

"Hello Ari, do you need something?" he asked, trying not to think about how she found out where he lived without him telling her.

It didn't take a Sensor or a Dojutsu user to see that Ari wanted something from him, and figuring her for a very practical girl, couldn't begin to guess what it was. Leaning against the wall directly opposite the door from him were his three prizes: the Scorpion Tail, the Wing Hammer, and the Modular Weapon. They didn't look especially impressive to the untrained eye, since deceptive innocuousness was a trait he deliberately forged into them. The last of these, which she had yet to see prior to this point, looked for all intents and purposes like a very nice staff with a silk cord hanging loosely off both ends. But she was a Taijutsu user, and her Ninjutsu was better than his by a considerable margin, so he didn't know what she was after.

Wolverine Time [Specialty Flashback/Ashitaka] Empty Re: Wolverine Time [Specialty Flashback/Ashitaka]

Post by AriDokuma Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:21 am

Opening the door is none other than Ashitaka himself as Ari expected it would be. She secretly hoped that Ari didn’t get the wrong address as it would have been awkward if it was someone else. Still upon seeing Ashitaka her stoic expression broke with a smile on her face.

”I wanted your opinion about something since you’re more familiar with odd weapons. Do you know how or who could make me some kind of a weapon that compliments my taijutsu ability? Ya know, in case I can’t generate the chakra for Ninjutsu?” Ari inquired as her eyes briefly shifted from Ashitaka over to the display of weapons. The kid owns a variety of weapons, and at least two of them Ari recognized albeit they seem to be simple to use. Except for the Scorpion Tail of course.

”Maybe something similar to gloves, but with spikes? Like I bought these spring loaded kunai to enhance my close quarters prowess, and if I ever needed to they’re to serve quick ranged alternatives to slow my enemies down in some way. Although I doubt I will ever get a chance to use them.” Ari raised her hands to show that her steel arm guards possess the pair of kunai mechanisms that are already loaded.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:
    • Physical:
    • Technique:
    • Destiny:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3685-dokuma-s-updates?nid=14#28855
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3683-ari-dokuma
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Bukijutsu, Sensory, Weapon Smithing (S), Ninjutsu, Kyujutsu

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:04 am

"You... want a weapon? From me?" Ashitaka waited for a moment for the other boot to drop. But Ari seemed to be sincere about her request. He was kind of at a loss. He normally only ever made weapons for himself, and it never occurred to him to try making one for another person. "Okay, just a moment, please. I'll see what I can do."

He went back into his apartment, leaving her standing at the open door, and rummaged around among his possessions until he found and came back with a tailor's ruler, a marking pencil, a regular pencil, and a notebook titled "Ari". The last of these contained a brief description of her personality and physical appearance, and a list of the jutsu he'd seen her using, also with brief descriptions.

"Hold your hands out please." he requested, and once she acquiesced, he'd take measurements of her hands to include their length and width both open and in fists, the length and spread of her fingers, all of which he recorded in the notebook. "So what do you want these made of? Something classy like titanium or polished steel, or more affordable like iron or wood? Also! Did you want a set that includes your feet, too? I saw you doing a lot of handstands and kicks during your katas."

Post by AriDokuma Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Ashitaka appeared to be stunned from the fact that Ari just dropped a question like that. Granted yes Ari is an expert in Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. However having an extra edge onto her arsenal that doesn't expend her chakra to use can't hurt to have either. Not to mention that sometimes having a good weapon on hand is better than having the standard issued equipment.

Ashitaka told her to wait, and so Ari did while he rummaged around his stuff. When he comes back, Ashitaka is carrying a notebook and is furiously writing something down. As to what Ari isn't at the right angle to read it. Still, her teammate instructed her to stretch out her hands so Ari did just that. Her hands are smaller than Ashitaka's, but her palms is calloused and when Ari turned her hands over. The girl's knuckles reveal signs of extensive training with Taijutsu. Closing her fingers into a fist as instructed.

"I hear Jade is actually a good material. Tougher than steel so I hear." Ari answered his first question as her eyes shifted slightly to look into the apartment. Simple, yet functional all the same.

"Well when it comes to Taijutsu you have to use every part of your body. That includes the feet, joints of the elbows and knees. Kind of like when my clone kneed you under the chin because you were too close to get a proper kick out." Perhaps Ari spoke too much, but she found it informative and Ari liked talking about subjects she knew very well.

"Having a set for the feet would go well, especially with the Strong Fist in the factor of it."

Stats:

Limit Break Points:
    • Physical:
    • Technique:
    • Destiny:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:01 am

"Jade, huh? Pretty high-class stuff. I don't know if they'll even let a kid like me touch it," he quipped with a rueful smile. Not to mention, the material was only slightly superior to Titanium and cost three times as much. It was practically functional jewelry. That suited Ari, in a sense, Ashitaka guessed. Although, he couldn't really cast judgment, given his recent fixation on Senju wood that made a couple of his weapons cost far more to create than they ought to have. He saw her trying to look past him and moved into her line of sight, his smile looking full of even more remorse. "Ah, sorry! I'm not exactly prepared to have guests today."

Or ever, really.

"I don't think I can make you something good for your forearms and knees. Maybe you could commission an armorer to whip up some spiky bracers or shin guards? Also, I'm afraid I'll have to ask for the payment up front. It'll be 10,000 Ryo, if you're willing to donate those two spring-loaded kunai mechanisms to the project. That way, I'll only need the ones for your feet."

Ashitaka realized that he was never going to make it as a salesman, so he really hoped this whole ninja thing was going to pan out for the rest of his life.

"If it's any consolation, I promise I'll get started on it immediately, and assuming I don't face any difficulties in acquiring the materials, I should have them ready for you in a few days!"

Post by AriDokuma Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:18 am

Ashitaka made what Ari took as a joke about her wanting Jade as her material. Truthfully, Ari didn't see any problem with it albeit it is not ebony. However ebony is very expensive in bulk. Still, she giggled upon hearing his response.

"If they got an issue with Genin using their stuff, then we could have a word to our sensei. I'm certain he can bore them with a lecture long enough to make them reconsider." Ari commented as she was referring to Nyguyen's long speeches. As to what Ashitaka referred about her elbows and knees. That was certainly a thought as Ari can see value in that. However, that was an investment for another project.

"Sure thing, lemme just get these things out first." Ari pushes in the safety pin to keep the spring from launching the kunai out of the mechanisms. Of course she still aims it straight down away from everything else in case something went wrong. Ari takes the kunai out of her mechanisms and stows them inside of her hip pouch. Then she takes off the spring loaded mechanisms and hands them over to Ashitaka.

"I know you said ten, but I'm giving you fifteen thousand ryo for you to have more room to use. Or you can just use the remainder for yourself if you want." Ari says as she fishes out exactly fifteen thousand ryo from her pockets and hands them over to Ashitaka. Once he takes them, Ari smiles once more before lightly bowing in respect to him.

"I'll probably be doing a mission in the meantime, but I'll come for it when I get back!" She got a little excited at the second half, but Ari was excited on what sort of surprise Ashitaka was going to whip up. Without further ado, Ari will bid him farewell before leaving him to start his work.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:
    • Physical:
    • Technique:
    • Destiny:

Ashitaka_Inuzuka
    Ashitaka_Inuzuka

Character File

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 am

Ari's quip about Nyg-sensei actually got Ashitaka to crack a real smile. It was his first one in days, if not weeks. It took some effort to work it back off of his face enough to reply.

"Now, now. Let's give Nyg-sensei at least a little respect," he commanded, doing his best to sound like he was giving a stern admonishment, then followed up with "He would at least have them paying us to take him away."

It was a relief to have something to be able to joke about, and Ari taking his advice to heart brightened his mood. She seemed to have not reached the age yet where she stopped taking anything he said seriously. Which meant that he was going to have to find out how old Chika was, because he's apparently there already and he did mention being older than Ari.

"Thank you," he said with a tone that indicated that his focus was entirely on not triggering the spring mechanisms. It was a common misconception that they would be further without the iron blades in their path, but nothing could be further from the truth. The weight of the blades actually converted the springs' deadly raw kinetic energy into a functional and reusable propulsion for the slightly-less-deadly blades. "Although I feel I should warn you that a "last resort" will always be too late. The best you could hope for in using one is elevating a loss to a tie."

He paused to blink in surprise at her declaration that she'll pay him 50% more than he asked. Ashitaka wasn't sure what to do with that. It's not like he could miraculously do a better job of creating the weapon, and he felt bad for taking more than the cost of materials for a job done for a friend and teammate.

"Tell you what. Since you're being so generous, why not give me a few days and I'll have it back to you with a fighting style that capitalizes on its capabilities?" he suggested, not seeing a hint of strangeness in that he, a young child, could invent an entire functioning martial art at a moment's notice. Then he heard her talking about going on a mission before he finished. "I wish you'd at least wait until they're ready. But if you're not, there's something I'd like you to know: you're a very honest person, so trying to beat the magic eye people at games of deception is a lost cause. You should fight like a train: your nature makes you predictable. Be inevitable. Don't hold anything back. Hit like you mean it the first time and don't let up until they either surrender, or, if you're feeling merciful, die. The unaccounted-for advantage of Doton is something you demonstrated in the ravine: you can control the shape of the battlefield. It doesn't matter what your enemy thinks they know you can do if they can't escape."

Post by AriDokuma Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:59 pm

It was a bit disrespectful to be joking about their sensei, but Ari couldn’t help herself as she laughed. It wasn’t exactly a bad thing, but Nyguyen sure loves to give long speeches. Especially passionate ones. However it wasn’t necessarily a bad quirk to have.

”I agree.” Ari commented before she went on the process of taking out the kunai and handing the mechanisms over to Ashitaka. To which he took with a verbal thank you. The advice that Ashitaka gave did make sense, and frankly when she got them it was honestly just in case she needed a last second ranged attack. However, there hasn’t been a time where Ari needed to do so when her immediate reaction is to use either Taijutsu or Ninjutsu. Or both even.

”True I suppose. I haven’t exactly gotten the chance to really use them unfortunately, but I’ll try to mix my fighting style with the other tools. If anything, bombs are good if whoever I’m throwing it at isn’t expecting it.” That was definitely something Ari took stock in. Bombs of smoke, chili pepper, and flash are great and it doesn’t cost chakra to use. Not to mention she has yet to come across anyone who can’t stand being in a cloud of chili peppers.

”A fighting style eh? Well I wouldn’t mind knowing some techniques that would get the most out of the weapon. I don’t expect to be gone for too long, but supposedly I’m having to go up to the Land of Frost. Not exactly what you call a vacation if you ask me.” Ari shrugged her shoulders at the mention of Land of Frost. It was honestly a really high ranking mission, but with the details Ari honestly might be one of the best genin wise to slip in and out without being noticed. Assuming everything went well that is, but that was a topic for another day. Ashitaka’s words of inspiration brought a grin on Ari’s face.

”Oh I know. Just wait until you see what I’ve concocted. It’s really amazing in my opinion, take this for example.” Raising her left hand, Ari molds earth chakra that’s rather strong, yet only her left hand is completely encased in earth that Ari flexes by curling her fingers into a fist and then opens her hand again.

”This is something I made called the Terra’s Grasp. It doesn’t matter how weak I am because this baby will force your hands or feet together behind you. I can even fire this thing from afar too, so it’s great to detain someone from a fight.” Then with a drop of her concentration, the earth flakes off from her hand and falls to the ground.

”I’m still working on the others, but I’ll get back to you on that later. I’ll swing by when I get back of course, so take care until then.” Ari bids her farewell to Ashitaka with a wave of her hand before she starts to walk for the stairs that leads down to ground level. She still needed to pack for her journey, so that’s exactly what she’s going to do next.

[exit]

Stats:

Limit Break Points:
    • Physical:
    • Technique:
    • Destiny:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:34 pm