Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

All men hide the beast within

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : N/A

All men hide the beast within  Empty All men hide the beast within

Post by Sero Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Through the woods of the training area as the sun began to rise, the nocturnal beasts found their homes to sleep for the day. Their hunts either successful or not they were creatures of the night. It was the way of things that these beasts would hunt under the night sky and the creatures of the day would be virtually left alone by them. So it was that these day light creatures emerged. Feeling safer having survived the night again and moved in search of food for themselves. From the deer, to the elk, to the chipmunks they emerged and began to forage. So used to the day being a much safer time for them. It had always been that way so long as they had lived. Peace reigned so deep within the training grounds. Partially up the mountain where most shinobi never trained. However as of late this peace had faded. Something else stalked these woods. The beasts of the night had made their homes deeper into the mountains, the creatures of the day more cautious to emerge. Rumor in the village was there was a new monster in the mountains. Something that hunted there they had never seen. But those who had wandered too close had felt it. Something was out there that may consume any who wandered too close. The mountains were no longer as safe as they had once been. The mist clung longer to the ground and the air was colder. Even the shadows seemed to stretch out like claws waiting to claim anyone who grew too close.

Today was like one of those days. Deep into the mountains the mists clung like a blanket. The birds were silent as they hid in the trees shivering in fear. Everything seemed more alert and watching around itself in a deep sense of survival. Even a mother bear and her two cubs would quickly leave the area as the mist began to cling ever thicker to the tree's. Even the mighty bear sensed the danger and would have her young run from it. Seeking food elsewhere away from the other predator species. Whatever it was stalking these woods had this part of the mountain to himself. No creature wished to tangle with him despite his frail form. Slowly Sero would move through the woods in search of food. Hunger clinging to his stomach. Since he left the hospital he had to fend for himself and it was a new sensation. He moved through the woods in a stained white pair of pants with shinobi sandals over black socks. A black shirt with a vneck revealing his pale features and a doctors coat over him as if for warmth. His blue hair sat wildly about his features with one long bang hanging in his face. Cold blue eyes watching through the mist for prey with no sense of life or emotion to them. Along the right side of his face was a bone jaw with closed teeth separate from his mouth. As if the skin there had long since faded away. In his right hand he carried a crude, curved bone dagger as if he intended to catch his prey with his bare hands and one knife. He wasn't an exceptionally skilled hunter but he was dedicated and hungry. A single fur pouch of water hung on a strap made from vines over his shoulder. He appeared so frail yet he wasn't daunted by the climb. He held a sense of dedication to his task that did not allow for weakness. His cold blue eyes watching for anything that would cross his path as his aura sent out a sensation. Like a great and hungry beast was nearby,
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Village : Kirigakure

All men hide the beast within  Empty Re: All men hide the beast within

Post by Haruko Kaguya Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:42 pm

Rumors had made their way to Kirigakure, word of something new lurking in the mountains and woods around the training grounds. At first these simply seemed like fake rumors, 'oh there is a monster in the woods' told by children to frighten other kids, but in a very short time it was becoming apparent something truthful was behind the words whispered among the villagers. Haruko had been hearing this for a number of days at this point, but today would be a tipping point. A man from the hospital had approached the woman with information that...'Something' escaped. The fact they had 'something' locked away to even escape to begin with actually pissed her off, which isn't an easy thing to do--Haruko was very calm and level headed--pissing her off took a rather big blunder. But now, with that information in mind, she put together this information and the rumors to come to an alarming conclusion. There must really be something, someone, out there...they didn't give her hardly any information on who they had locked away like that, but at this point it didn't matter--this would be something she'd deal with herself.

With that in mind, the morning sun barely peaked between the mountains of the training grounds, a layer of mist blanketing the area, lowering visibility...although for those used to the Mist, this wasn't much a hindrance. Haruko made her way through the training grounds, her iced over azure hues sharpened and focused as she kept her wits about her. She wasn't sure what or who she'd be dealing with...what she did know is there was a presence she had not felt before...and it made a chill run up her spine. She was making her way quickly towards the forest on the mountain that the rumors had been pointing towards. The young woman would slow her run to a walk once she entered the area, her head on a swivel and eyes alert...She'd keep searching, until it felt like the air around her got colder. The mist thickened. She wasn't a sensor type...but she could sense something wasn't right, something was here...something powerful.

Her heart beat picked up pace but the woman never showed it on her features, a stoic expression as she continued her search. Suddenly, she'd stop, and eyes would peer over her shoulder, off about 20 meters to the side. Her ear burned...someone was there. She'd turn towards the sound of foosteps, it didn't seem Sero was being particularly quiet as he moved through the woods. "...You're out there somewhere...lets talk okay...?" she'd call out, still having not actually laid eyes on him. It'd be only a couple steps later she'd have her eyes fall upon the man in question...from a distance she could quickly make out the odd sight of what looked like a closed jaw covering one side of the man's face. The Kaguya was quick to pick up on the fact...he too was a Kaguya. But...something was off. He didn't look strong...but something told her the man was highly dangerous. She'd speak up, voice inviting, but also hesitant.

"Hey...I'm Haruko...whats your name?" she'd try to talk to Sero, seeing how far it'd get her. She kept on her toes, knowing this could turn into a fight at any moment.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Sero Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Sero would hear the voice, Inviting him out into the open. Inviting him to talk as it knew he was there. Such bravery, or foolishness, he was not sure yet of which. Still he would step out from behind a tree and cold blue eyes would regard her. Unblinking as they seemed to glow in the dim light. The mist swirling around his feet as if to embrace him. As if to love him. The pale of his clothing blending into the background as he watched her in silence a moment. Unsure of friend or foe as of yet. At least this one wasn't pointing an arrow at him and demanding he be still. He wasn't much of one for demands. Still he would seem to inhale as his head lowered back a moment. He could feel it. There was fear there. Caution even within her. So bravery was his conclusion. She seemed so on guard. Ready for him it appeared. Still he would grip his dagger tighter. He knew not to trust easily. The fear is what drove people. Controlled people. Actions driven by it always ending in tragedy. Mankind were monstrous in this way. He was simply the monster created by it.

Showing fortitude of character this one however would identify herself with a greeting and then inquire of his name politely. Not at all like those who made demands of him. A low growl would erupt from his throat like something much larger. Something monstrous and dark within. As he growled his lips and jawline would appear almost transparent like a dark water revealing what appeared to be his teeth underneath as he rolled his neck. As it faded back to normal he would turn and begin to slowly pace in a wide circle around her. Checking for any weapons, weak spots perhaps. The Bone dagger in his hand seemed to sink into it like it was sinking into a pool of water before it was gone from sight. No weapons now to encourage her threatening him but still that sense of danger had hardly waned. However he did not close the distance. He kept the same amount of distance as he walked a perfect circle around her before returning back to where he had stood a moment ago. Seemingly satisfied with the walk around her and inspection he would finally answer her. His voice cold and void of emotion yet when he spoke it sounded different. Like there were whispers off in the mist too far gone to hear clearly. Nothing appeared to be out there but one might even consider it a trick of the mind....did she really hear whispers echoing him?

"Names.....how civil. I was born with no name. However the hospital did have one for me. A place I could not leave until recently. I was designated as Sero....though when the nurses whispered where they thought I could not hear, I was known as Sero the Abomination......Have you come in search of a life to take...Haruko?"
    As he said her name it was done so in another deep growl. Echoing in the woods again.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:50 pm

The feeling creeping up her spine was strange, as a Yuki 'cold chills' wasn't really a thing, but in today's case, it would be--the uneasy cold feeling surging up the young woman's spine as she'd watch the figure take a step more into the open now, and she could get a better look at the man. Blue wild hair, clothes that would confirm the story she'd been given of him escaping the hospital, an extra layer of Kaguya bone forming a clenched jaw over half of his face...a look in his eyes that could send fear through even the most hardened Shinobi. She'd take in a sharp breath in quiet as for a brief moment her eyes would meet with Sero's, the cold between the two sets of hues could freeze anything between them metaphorically, Haruko's frozen oceans locking on Sero's equally icy hues, a dim glow in the shade of the mountain forest. A moment of silence was in the air as the two stared each other down...Haruko's eyesight may had been the first to divert away, but for decent reasoning...her eyes shifting to the dagger clutched in Sero's hand. Also made of bone. Her suspicions would be more or less confirmed now, the man had the same blood that ran through her own veins within his.

Her eyes returned to his, a low growl beginning to burn her ears, her watching him roll his neck and picking up on the change in his jawline, taking notice of the dark water-like shift for a moment, having been cousins with a Hozuki, she knew exactly what she was looking at. By this point...seeing those whom held powers in two differing bloodlines was becoming less of a shock to her, she knew by now she wasn't the only one who had a foot in two differing clans, she'd already met a few. Still, this was no time to worry about that. Haruko had to remain on her toes...this man was growling, and hadn't responded to her otherwise...now beginning to pace a circle around her. She'd remain in place, but her eyes followed his every movement. Keeping locked with his as he went around, examining her...she'd remain in silence, although the feeling of dread could never leave her--no matter how much she tried to push it out. Like something was weighing on her...an actual manifestation of the monster within the one she now stared down. It wasn't until he'd made a full 360 degree path around her position that he'd finally speak, voice a frozen void, and almost as if the mist itself carried echos of his words as whispers.

She'd listen to him, keeping a serious, stoic expression as she did, although a close examination of her chest showed her heart was pounding. She was much more uneasy than normal, and she'd yet to figure out why. She wasn't normally like that. Either way, she'd get the man's name...Sero...or as some called him, Sero the Abomination. He'd go on to ask if she was there to seek his life...to end the abomination. She was quick to shake her head, and respond. "I'm not here to hurt you Sero..." she'd say, voice a bit softer than she'd normally speak, trying to lower tensions between them with a kind tone.

"I was told about a monster escaping the hospital...but you're no monster. I want to help you Sero...If I'd been informed of your captivity I'd have put a stop to it sooner, I'm sorry I couldn't be here sooner...but I'm here now." she'd apologize for something more or less out of her hands, though as the next Mizukage, she still felt the weight of not being able to help sooner on her shoulders. "...I know you don't know me...but already I know we have some things in common...I know exactly what its like to be held captive...and your powers; You have the abilities of Kaguya and Hozuki clans, don't you?" she'd go on to ask, trying to confirm her thoughts. "...The world is a cold lonely place...but you don't have to be alone anymore..." she'd say, slowly bringing up her hand and flipping it over so the palm faced the sky, making sure it wasn't in any threatening manner. Bones would shift and crack, protruding from her palm and shaping into a crude flower of bone--the veins of Yuki ice running through every crack in the bones, showing she also had two bloodlines.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:08 pm

She spoke of not being there to hurt him. So soft was her voice, yet he did not seem to falter in this dark thing he was. As if he could be nothing more or less. As if he was so far from human that he was but the beast they had believed him to be. Out here in the woods he seemed like he may never belong among people. The thing that stalks the nightmares of men swelled within him. Feeding off of the fear of others. She began to speak on him escaping the hospital. She spoke of him being no monster but even as she did those unblinking eyes seemed to almost glow as if she were going down a dangerous path. Of how she knew he was of two blood lines and named them. The names being stated made his eyes narrow and it allowed the shadows to dance around them mixing with the mist. The bone dagger had been absorbed back into him but now he felt more dangerous than when it had been in his hand. His hands would slowly clench into fists as she continued. Speaking as if she knew him. Attempting to relate to him.

When she held her hand out and bone emerged there was a surge of malice. A black pulse visibly seen as it left him. The shadows grew and strained and now audible whispers in the mist could be heard. Whispers in fear. Whispers wishing her to run, to flee this place and never look back His eyes locked onto the bones protruding from her hand and the growl deepened. Like a dangerous animal suddenly cornered. Only he did not look for a place to run. Instead the whites of his eyes slowly turned black before his shining blue eyes looked from her hand to her. There was murder there. Some part of him wanted to reach out and tear her insides out. The only thing that stopped him was the ice veins on the bone. A flash of the kind girl in the woods. The simple ice chip she had offered him when he was so thirsty. When she helped him find water and a home. Out here where he wished to be. That half of her ability prevented him from attempting to kill her. Still he would speak. His voice like talking into the void. Empty...cold....dark.

"Held captive in the hospital? It wasn't the walls or the people that held me there....I was trapped within my own body....my own weakness. I didn't have the strength to leave until recently. It was because of these two....clans...these people who would not only desert me for what I am....but the one I share with you. Those cursed bones we have. That clan called for my father to end me. And he tried. To his dying breath he tried and in doing so left me broken from birth. Those clans left me for dead. Those clans wished death upon me. I do not seek to rejoin culture such as that. I did not die that day, however I have become death. As such I will tear down the worlds of the wicked. I will reign down punishment on those who have it coming to them. I am the instrument of fate now. Will you still offer me peace knowing it is not what I seek Kaguya?"

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Haruko had the intentions of putting the man at ease, to hopefully calm tensions, bring them into an environment they could have conversation in without tensions...maybe hoping to quell this eternal dread she felt simply by being in his presence. Little did she know even if her intentions had succeeded, she'd still feel this way around him. She hadn't quite put together yet that this was simply an aspect true of Sero, and she was under its effects. But her intentions was failing, and everything she'd say would only seem to irk the man further. She kept her icy blue hues met with Sero's more or less glowing Azure glare. She should've simply stopped speaking, but by the time she realized this, shadows crept and danced about the erie mist blanketing the forest the two was in.

Her offer of peace was met with a look of malice, a glare from the figure of bone she'd created to her eyes sent a shiver down Haruko's spine, but she'd remain firm in standing her ground even as his growl burned her ears, and she could swear she could hear fleeting voices coming from the shadows. At this point she begun wondering if he was casting Genjutsu...but this felt more real than simple illusions. For a hot moment she was prepared to defend herself, the look of murder was in his eyes, and while she was doing her best to have this be a peaceful encounter, she wasn't going to let herself be killed if he did attack.

His voice crept into her ears, the voice of a man who'd abandoned his humanity long ago, as cold as the ice that ran through her veins. All the while, she'd absorb the flower back into her palm, and brought her hand back to her side, continuing to stare into the man's azure eyes--the whites having shifted black. She'd listen to Sero, heard what of his story he'd allow her in on, at the words of 'cursed bones' her eyesight finally broke from his, shifting off to the side and becoming distant. She already had theories of whom would be behind such an order within the Kaguya crossing her mind. A deep but quiet breath and sigh would pass in her nose and out her lips as she continued to listen to Sero, looking back up towards his gaze towards the end...the words echoing in her mind right after they was said.

'Will you still offer me peace knowing it is not what I seek.'

A short silence passed, maybe only 5 seconds, Haruko looking Sero in the eyes, her's still showing that of concern and care...even after such harsh words that someone more hot headed and less understanding would've taken as the words of an enemy to the village. She'd turn on her heel, so that her left side was too Sero, and begin walking slowly...now she was the one who'd go about walking in a circle around Sero's position. Unlike his time doing this though, she wouldn't stare him down and examine him...this was more or less like pacing, as she'd respond to him.

"...No Sero, I will not offer peace if it is not what you seek. The Kaguya clan...these cursed bones of ours...they have for decades done wrong against their own and the people of Kirigakure...there are injustices that can not be forgiven, and this is one of them." she'd respond with, at first maybe sounding as if this would turn to a fight, but quickly it'd become apparent they may be more on the same page than originally thought. She'd made it about 3/4ths the way around this circle around Sero and stopped, eyes shifting back to him. "You say you are the instrument of fate...Maybe its time for them to pay for those crimes." she'd speak directly to him, before her eyes shifted away again and she continued her slow walk around. "...I was abandoned by my father, after he killed my mother, trying to keep it secret that his daughter was a half breed..." the way those last words rolled off her tongue was weighed with disgust for such a title for those like herself and Sero. "...For years the dirty secret of the Kaguya clan...and I was kept in the dark about it all until I was eighteen. Sero...if peace is not what you want, than I can offer this...come be by my side and we'll see to it that you'll have your revenge...You can help rid the world of the wicked in service of Kirigakure." she'd finish, just in time to stop where she'd originally started, turning to look at Sero once more.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Sero would pause as the growl seemed to echo through the woods. The mist seemed to dance in tandem with the shadows as whispers echoed deep within the mist. Simply too distant to know where or who. Or even what was being said. As if the dead were speaking among themselves and awaiting a new one. however as the bone flower remained a moment longer there was a sense of urgency in the whispers. Building in the distance as one word could almost be made out. Just enough to guess at it. "Run." was the word being repeated by dozens of echoing voices. However as the bone faded so did the voices and soon the shadows stopped their dance. The mist seemed to cling and climb at Sero's form without success. His black eyes watched until the bone faded entirely. Slowly the black would fade back to reveal the icy blues from before. The aura seemed to calm and allowed for her to speak without the threat of death looming over her so entirely. She was stronger, more skilled and likely faster. Yet something about this frail looking man would not allow her to remain comfortable. As if he was more dangerous than his appearance let on.

Sero would remain standing in place as she slowly moved around him. Examining him now as only those cold blue eyes watched her. As if they could reflect her soul back to her. He was the fear under her skin. Nothing else was there and he held no weapon or armor. She spoke of her history and he would listen to her. Cold eyes never blinking and that blank expression never changing. He didn't feel like he intended to kill her now but there was something lurking. A fear just beneath the skin. The sensation of a tingling on the back of the neck like there is something watching from just outside the peripherals. She would slowly come around full circle in front of him again as finally he would allow himself a moment to divert his gaze. Looking left and then right as if he expected trouble to come from seemingly out of nowhere. As if perhaps she had brought back up and was merely stalling for time. He had grown suspicious of others over his life and it was not a simple thing to let go of. People often hated what they did not understand.

Having found no one his eyes would shift. Not a slow shift but a sudden one. Very jutting in motion. Almost inhuman in the way they snapped back to looking her in the eye. She was offering him something he had not had before. He had a purpose but before he did not know where to start. He did wish to rain down his own dark justice upon the heads of the wicked but he was too removed from this world. He didn't know where to begin or what he could do without the people turning against him. A simple solution presenting itself. He would let out a pondering growl. More gentle this time than it had been before. Slowly he would take a step forward. Like someone unsure if they approached something if it would react negatively to it. He would speak once more but this time there was a different noise in the mist. Like something giggled and echoed some distance off. As he stepped forward some black birds erupted from where they had been hiding to fly high and away from him. Black feathers reigning down around them as he whispered.

"Who are you to offer this to me? Do you have the authority for the nation not to hunt me for doing your bidding? I will warn you this once. If you have less than honest intentions for where you send me, I will remember this place where we met, and I will bury you here."

Stats

Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Luckily for the Kaguya-Yuki hybrid, her having absorbed the bones back into herself would go far when it came to easing the mind of the man before her, she could feel the murderous intent fade, even the voices that'd been whispering or yelling from a distance seemed to calm and fade. Even the look in Sero's eyes changed again, back to the way they once were. He held such hatred for their clan that it literally bled into the space around him, even after all this she still didn't feel at ease.

After she'd spoke and looked back to Sero, she'd notice his eye movements, shifting, looking for an ambush that would never come. He was suspicious, which was understandable. For a moment the man was pondering what she'd said--marked with a faint growl...this guy didn't let off much did he? Even so, she'd keep her eyes on him as he stepped forward, almost hesitantly, and would speak once more--tone very different this time, but still laced with death...kind of literally, with a threat of it at the end. He'd question if she was in such a position to even offer him this on behalf of Kirigakure...a silent sigh passed her lips. "Luckily that is not something I should worry about than...I am acting Kage for Kirigakure." she'd respond, seeing as she had no ill intentions--he wouldn't be having to make due on his threat, and she was quick to affirm her status within the village. She didn't only have the authority, she was the authority.

"Three years ago, just before the start of the war, the former Mizukage fell into a coma. Kiri went into the war without proper leadership...I'd eventually come to fill that position. They have been asking me to take the full position as Kirigakure's next Mizukage...Under my word you have nothing to fear of Kirgakure." the young woman would go on to briefly explain her position in the village and how she got there. Not too many details and to the point.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Sero would listen as he had calmed himself. The brief flash of emotion had left the area and once more they stood there like humans do. The sense of unease still clinging to the air. Like every breath was heavier than the last. However there was no longer murderous intent. By all means Sero was no normal man. However he was not a wild beast either. Clearly he held reason within his dark mind. Even a being of malice and rage could speak without attempting to kill her simply because she was a Kaguya. Or partially one. If nothing else he felt it an odd coincidence that someone so similar to him would be in a position of power. Not to mention seeking him out herself in order to establish a connection. He had thought he would need to avoid the village while he did his work and had not yet figured out how to locate his targets except by rumor and chance. His cold blue eyes watched her a moment in silence as she finished. For a moment he was unsure on how to proceed. There was not confrontation but understanding. A pause hung on the air between them before finally he extended his right hand. As if to shake hers.

"Than you have given direction to my purpose Mizukage. I will do your bidding so long as it fits within my ideals. There is a cave I reside in to the south. Just before crossing the waters to no mans land. Just before the madness. Send information on targets for me there. However I will state this. I will use my own methods and there will not be survivors. Brutality is the measure of my dedication. Fear will spread in the hearts of those who would commit heinous crimes within your nation. You have but to shake my hands Kaguya and we have a deal."

Stats

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:18 pm

When she did not shake his hand he would frown. Doubting her intentions now but she seemed distracted by something or another. Perhaps the stress of her position weighing heavily on her mind. He would pay her no more heed as he turned and walked away into the heavy mists of the village. Fading from view like a specter haunting the woods. There was much to do and more to prepare for. So he had little time to waste. If there was no deal he would learn soon enough of the troubles it would bring him. If they were to come he would need to be prepared. His cold blue eyes flared with determination as he made his way back home to the cave. He would be imprisoned no longer. No chains to hold him down.

Exit thread due to partner quitting.
    6 posts = 120 exp

Stats

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:29 am