Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Ascent

Arisu
    Arisu
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Ascent Empty Ascent

Post by Arisu Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:35 am

A modelesque figure, Arisu from the head down was dressed like any standard Kirigakure ninja of Chuunin or higher, wearing the standard uniform and flak jacket combination. She had on some gloves and the boot variety of the shoes, rather than the open toed sandals, but her frame was still quite visibly thin. Her skin was a porcelain white though, her hair a silvery color, and two red dots prominently displayed above her eyes. The eyes themselves were currently a purple hue with a single ring in them, as her Rinnegan were active. Additionally, Arisu seemed to be growing a horn directly from the top of her forehead.

The sight of Arisu at the Training Grounds was becoming more and more common lately. She'd gone here for the last few days, always sitting cross legged and almost meditating, although with just a blank stare from her Rinnegan for hours on end. Of course, she hadn't necessarily come to the Training Grounds just to meditate. There was something else she was doing, and any sensor would likely be able to pick up on it.

As one of the few Otsutsuki on the world, and one of the only known ones in Kirigakure, Arisu had been given access to the scroll of Tool Creation, a powerful jutsu that was reserved for the Otsutsuki clan, a relic of the weaponry that her ancestors had commanded. She was studying the scroll in the Training Grounds, looking to wield the power as her own.

Sitting crossed legged, Arisu's Rinnegan was active, and chakra actively leaked from her back. She was attempting to form it into the floating red chakram that the scroll had mentioned, but it was a fairly difficult jutsu to master. If it hadn't been for the scroll being in front of her, detailing the pathways that it needed to take, she wasn't quite sure that she would be able to work on it so easily.

Today though, her focus was on point, and a red form seemed to appear out of thin air, forming into a circular chakram shape behind her, as her focus and chakra control helped her make the shape out of nothing. She was the first to wield this technique on Earth for a long time. With the chakram made, Arisu simply thought of 8 different weapons, and as if on command, a whole gambit of them were made.

Standing up, Arisu commanded the weapons to fan out with her mind, much as she did for her commands with the Gedou Mazou and the Chakra Chains she commanded, and they appeared to follow her commands just as well.

Learned:
    Tool Creation: 300/300

-20 Tool Creation, (non elemental affinity)
    Stamina: 430/450

Village : Kirigakure

Ascent Empty Re: Ascent

Post by Naitome Otsutuki Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:01 am

The older male of the Otsutsuki not born of this world, he's from a different planet even. He has grown accustomed to the people of this world. After all, it was his destiny. As he stood behind the other Otsutsuki. It was rare for him to see them. His purple hue eyes with the singular ring dancing around the small of his eye observed from a distance. He was curious and determined to understand those like him. And, if it came to pass he would absorb them into himself being the touted Sage from Space by his mother and father. But, this one was different. This one was one of his own. Not just in name and sake of Village which the people of this planet adhere too.

No, this one was special. He knew it. Since he wasn't outside the village and doing actions for the sake of his people. He could be how he would dress on his home planet. He knew the clothing made him look otherworldly but it is indeed custom of his people. The open front cloth showing two of six magatama designs etched into his flesh. His white, high-collared kimono with a black obi, over which he wears a pale green sash tied at the right shoulder.  Beneath his robes, he wears black fingerless gloves, long black pants, and black shinobi sandals completed his homeworld attire. As his hands rested in the open folds of his cloak. He smiled as he watched the younger Otsutsuki. He observed a scroll laid out in front of the boy as his eyes scanned the actions of his brethren.

As he stood back watching, his messy white hair falling into his eyes as intrigue rested on his face. In his heart, he could feel the gravitational pull of the fact he was looking at one of his own. Perhaps this Otsutsuki has the same destiny my mother and father told me I have?The thoughts danced in the mind of him. His smile radiated across his facial features as he noticed bright red form seemed to appear out of thin air, forming into a circular chakram shape behind her. This caused the eyebrows of the Naitome to rise with intrigue. He watched as she formed eight weapons behind her. His smile remained as she stood up and seemingly they disappeared.

The Sage From Space would remain where he was standing, about fifteen meters behind her, and would speak to alert her to his presence. His sultry deep voice inviting and friendly would deliver the words. Unbeknownst to Naitome himself, fate was creating something that even his mother and father couldn't have prepared the man for.

"Well, you seem to be able to use your abilities quite well Otsutsuki. Consider me a fan. After all, it's very rare I get to see my fellow brethren. Not since I left my home planet some ten years ago and became a shinobi of Kirigakure. My name is Naitome. I am one of your elk so to speak."  

He would remain the distance so as not to alarm her or come off as threatening. It's one of the virtue instilled to him by his makers. However, being that Naitome himself comes from the linage of great Otsutsuki, he would provide a feeling of comfort to those of his kind. Something he doesn't realize just yet.
    Arisu
    Arisu
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Arisu Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Grabbing the scroll, Arisu threw a glance back at the man who had spoke. She hadn't ever met him before, but considering his words and the unmistakable pull, she knew him to be another Otsutsuki. Of course, she activated a secondary technique, one known as the Satya of the Forbidden World, using her connection with the Rinnegan to see if this man was another who's fate was intertwined with her own, or was simply a wayward Otsutsuki that wasn't attached.

Of course, he was one of the ones on this planet that she had been searching for. Naitome's body was encompassed by a purple aura in her vision. Because of their unique connection, there was a way to view anyone's link to the Rinnegan, something that most Otsutsuki prioritized learning how to do, since it was common practice to try and blend in as much as possible with the common shinobi and not stand out, using subterfuge and disguises to go around and identify other users without outing their own status.

The Satya technique allowed an Otsutsuki to see past those sorts of disguises, but neither Naitome nor Arisu seemed keen on keeping their presence hidden. There was at least one more around the world that didn't make any attempts to hide, in Kumo if the rumors were accurate, although Arisu hadn't verified that, nor did she intend to just yet with a war on the horizon looming. Naitome being here could either be a blessing or a curse, depending on how this conversation went.

Arisu herself wasn't particularly keen on fighting other Otsutsuki for their abilities, as she wasn't much of a fighter. Coming together under a common goal was a much better thing for all of them than infighting and always having to look over their shoulders. Besides, this man was a Kiri nin, if what he was saying was true. Kirigakure wasn't Arisu's enemy, nor did she have any in the village. Making an enemy of her nation's shinobi wasn't really something she aspired to.

Besides, if Naitome was going to try and attack her, he was a bit far away for that, and he'd had at least some opportunity to try and sneak up on her, so she wasn't sure that his goal was to do that in the first place. Perhaps after further conversation, they could root out where they both stood.

"I've inherited the gift of unparalleled chakra from our people, and ninjutsu is a particular talent of mine. You're right though, very few of us get to interact. My name is Arisu. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I've only been here a couple of years myself."

Learned Satya: 250/250

Spoiler:

Post by Naitome Otsutuki Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:53 pm

He watched the woman grab the scroll, his eyes not moving from her as he did so. His hands remaining rested in each side at the sides of his body. His eyes locked with hers as she glanced back showing him that beautiful ocular power much like him.  It's been well over ten years since he has seen another like him. He could tell she was using a technique he knew as well. He had nothing to hide as he knew this girl wouldn't attack him. And, she could feel that he wasn't here to attack her.

The purple hue that danced over him being taken in by the Rinnegan of hers cause Naitome to smile a bit. His eyes closing with the smile as he kept them close for a moment. The young features of Naitome make him look younger than he is as well. He breathed in and out opening his eyes as he heard her speak.

"I've inherited the gift of unparalleled chakra from our people, and ninjutsu is a particular talent of mine. You're right though, very few of us get to interact. My name is Arisu. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I've only been here a couple of years myself."

He smiled at her and then nodded his head in acknowledging his acquaintance as a pleasure. As he finished his smile he would open his mouth to speak, the words sounding almost majestic when he spoke, not as if he is royalty but more of relaxed confident alluring tone.

"It nice to meet you as well. That gift of unparalleled chakra is one that I have not seen in my time. Even back where I am from. I have a lot of powers myself truthfully, but not that one. I am intrigued. Being that we are originally not of this planet. At least, for me. That is the case. However, I can assure I also know of Satya Of The Forbidden World. I could sense you were one of our bloodlines people. We are of a divine purpose. See, I see you as one of my people. And, I believe our lives purpose to destroy one another is absurd."

He would remain where he stood, body unmoving, and facial expression remaining relaxed. If one was to be a sensor or use that Satya Of The Forbidden World again would see his chakra is relaxed and not stimulated.

Arisu
    Arisu
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Arisu Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:03 pm

"Most Otsutsuki have larger reserves than the average person, I just happen to have above average reserves. Comparable to a Bijuu's. It isn't that too interesting. Anyone can improve their chakra reserves and stamina if they dedicate the time and effort to it, mine is just naturally large."

Arisu wasn't attempting to brag, just stating a fact. The difference between their personalities was notable, as Naitome kept a smile on his face the entire time, while Arisu's face was more neutral than anything else. Of course, that was just how Arisu was, usually quiet, perceptive, and polite. Still, even she showed a hint of surprise at the words that her Otsutsuki counterpart had said.

She wasn't quite sure that anyone else would have shared her view that the Otsutsuki should not have to destroy each other to benefit. All Otsutsuki had an urge to fulfill their curse of completion, stealing the powers of each other Otsutsuki and killing their rivals so they would be unrivaled. Arisu always hated the idea of killing the other Otsutsuki, she wasn't very fond of having to fight and kill the others, so the fact that their views seemed to align here was pretty great.

"Oh? Then you might be one of the most reasonable Otsutsuki to ever grace this planet. As far as I know, it's common place for us to more or less attack each other on sight, but I suppose you and I are anomalies in that regard."

Perhaps it wasn't an unreasonable goal to try and get as many of the Otsutsuki to agree to a truce and live side by side among each other without any squabbles. They could still be gods among men, and with the other descendant clans by their side, create a world in which peace could truly be attainable, with the Otsutsuki ruling where they belonged, and their cousins helping keep the peace in a new era.

Arisu had thought it a pipe dream, especially considering the upcoming war, but if it was achievable, that would be interesting to say the least.

[3]

Post by Naitome Otsutuki Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:21 pm

"Most Otsutsuki have larger reserves than the average person, I just happen to have above-average reserves. Comparable to a Bijuu's. It isn't that too interesting. Anyone can improve their chakra reserves and stamina if they dedicate the time and effort to it, mine is just naturally large."

He kept his smile upon his face, and that while he has these feelings about his brethren, he has done an act against his makers. After all, it was something his mother and father prepared him his entire life for. The act was a rite of passage for Otsutsuki, at least those of his lineage. Naitome fully awakens his Rinnegan not too long after. The memory came rushing back to what he had to do. He quickly pushed the memory back into its deep casket of his memories. He had time to reflect long after it happened.

"Interesting. A very fine ability. One of my latent abilities is I can use all chakra natures known to man. But, that is also just one of many."

"Oh? Then you might be one of the most reasonable Otsutsuki to ever grace this planet. As far as I know, it's common place for us to more or less attack each other on sight, but I suppose you and I are anomalies in that regard."

The smile on his face remained but shortly left his face, as he responded. The same tones of harmony in his vocal cords rang through despite the chilling words being used by him. It was indicative of being partly Sage and partly heaven-sent so to speak.

"Well, I am not opposed to taking a Rinnegan from someone who wants to destroy the tranquility of these people on this planet. I also would just as quickly do the same who tries to defile us as people. I'm sure there will come a time that we may have to do that to someone. I just hope Arisu you wouldn't hesitate because of your feelings on the matter."

Arisu
    Arisu
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Arisu Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:06 pm

"Mmm... indeed. Self preservation is perhaps my primary objective, as I cannot complete my goals without still being alive. Just because I don't like killing doesn't mean I won't for the greater good."

Arisu wasn't exactly a pacifist, and knew when it was time to get her hands dirty, she just didn't revel in the chaos of battle like so many did. Nor did she particularly enjoy fighting, unlike so many others. In fact, a lot of her time as a genin was spent in the Academy, assisting in lessons and helping teach the Academy students. Eventually, she'd treat all the people of her world like those students.

Nothing changed for Arisu while she was speaking to Naitome, but she activated the innate Chakra Visualization ability, so she could monitor the Tenketsu of the other Otsutsuki. Attacking her wouldn't be the smartest thing, but sometimes people just weren't rational. It was just best to monitor him for the time being. Maybe once they'd established some trust, she could let her guard down a little more, but for now she would at least stay as attentive as possible.

"So then, you've made contact with another Otsutsuki. What do you want now? A discussion on not attacking each other? A team up? Or do you want to learn the Tool Creation technique I just learned?"

Active:
    Spoiler:

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Arisu Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:17 pm

OOC: Naitome gave me permission to take his path.

"Of course, there are other ways that we can cooperate. If you'd be willing, we could ally ourselves completely. My will is greater than yours, but that doesn't mean we can't both achieve our goals. If you would like to help me save this world, then follow me."

Arisu moved towards Naitome and grabbed his hand, assuming he didn't object, leading him to an isolated area of the training grounds and out of the sight of anyone else. When she was sure that nobody else was around, she spoke a single command.

"Kneel."

Guiding Naitome to take a knee, Arisu stretched out a hand, placing it onto his forehead. Their eye powers merging into one body would likely be better served than only using a single path in two bodies. Naitome would likely already know what she was talking about, and why she was doing this. In this manner, she could utilize both paths herself, or allow his body access to her own path, splitting their powers as she saw fit.

He had spoke true, his goals were altruistic as were Arisu's. Very few people would be willing to sacrifice themselves for a goal such as this, but to them, this was simply a duty to the world.

Concentrating on her Six Path's connection, Arisu's Rinnegan and Naitome's Rinnegan activated, synchronizing, before the Doujutsu eye faded from Naitome's eyes, leaving him with his normal eyes. Arisu's own Rinnegan changed briefly, a second ring appearing where before there had only been a single one.

The Six Paths Technique was a way for Otsutsuki to absorb the path of another Otsutsuki, but it was usually the case that they were taken unwillingly or after death. With both Arisu and Naitome's cooperation, Naitome's transfer was done with his life intact. However, with that path taken, Arisu knew that she could use him better if he wasn't as alive as he was.

"Thank you for your sacrifice. You'll serve me and this world for as long as I'm alive. You'll be my top path, and the first of my pantheon."

Forming the Mirrored Ram Seal, Arisu summoned the Gedou Mazo, the massive statue appearing behind her. Nobody else around, she made this next move quickly.

"There will be no pain, I promise."

The statue's mouth opened up, and an ethereal dragon appeared, running straight through the body of Naitome, his entire chakra supply being torn out of him. The death was quick, painless, and over as soon as it began. As soon as he was hit and lay lifeless, Arisu dismissed the Gedo Statue and Phantom Dragon. From there, she just needed to implant him with a Black Receiver Rod, so that she could animate his body as a Path.

Forming the Ram seal, Arisu made a small rod and shoved it into his sternum. With that done, she was able to channel chakra through his entire body and reanimate him. Standing up, Naitome's body was once again 'alive' and his eyes had formed an identical Rinnegan once again. When she got home, she'd need to implant more rods throughout his body, to make it harder for someone to remove them from him. Overall, a very productive day, Arisu had achieved all she'd wanted and more today. She was saddened that she'd had to kill Naitome, but as he had said, she couldn't hesitate because of her feelings on the matter.

-Exit-

Learned
    Six Path's Technique 300/300
    Absorbed: Animal Path 0 exp/300 exp to unlock

Used:
    Six Path's Technique
    Gedo Mazou -35
    Phantom Dragon Technique -45
    Black Receiver Rod -.2
    Six Paths of Pain -2

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:11 pm

(Interrupting Arisu's Exit)

Kitsuki had been training a bit aways from Arisu and Naitome. She had noticed their paleness, the horns, on their head, and the general inexpressive way they moved. She had her suspicions as did the rest of the Kiri military. Aliens served among them and not all of them were like Zizz. Kit had heard from the Angel that those lot were no good but so long as they did not cause any disturbances, Kit would not accost them. She was there to temper Zizz's programming not be driven by it. Still, when Arisu took Naitome off the main grounds to somewhere secluded, Kitsuki couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in suspicion. She shook her head and continued practicing her cane kata. However, what came next was impossible not to notice.

Not long after the two had ran off together, a massive statute had appeared in the training grounds skyline. Even at that distance, the sudden summoning of the Gedou Mazo was noticeable. Kit stopped what she was doing and stared at the gargantuan being in awe. She swallowed and felt Zizz vibrate from within the folds of her hair.

Something's wrong...
    ⵍⴻⵜ'ⵙ ⵛⵀⴻⵛⴽ ⵉⵜ oⵓⵜ

All that had been happening the news recently and the sudden summoning of this ungainly creature prompted the Royal Rep to investigate. She took off at her top speed. Kitsuki was wearing her Quantum Meruit Armour but given her strength, it didn't slow her down one bit. She made her way through the woodlands of the training grounds until she finally reached the source of the commotion. She had arrived to see Arisu impale Naitome's lifeless body. Kit gripped Amicus Curiae and immediately activated the bow mode. She notched an arrow from her quiver and aimed the weapon directly at Arisu.

"STOP! What are you doing with him?!"

The young man she had led away from the main training grounds was now lifeless and he had something in his chest. The enormous demonic looking statue wasn't moving but there was some kind of energy coming from it. Kitsuki swallowed her fear and kept the bow trained on Arisu.

"Answer me!"

+20
    Grace Pool: 75
    Arisu
    Arisu
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Arisu Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:59 pm

With the rod inserted in his chest, Arisu had complete control of his body, now reinvigorated through her own chakra. Stronger, faster, more durable than before. Naitome stood up, his rinnegan turned to Kitsuki, and the signature smile that he had kept plastered on his face presented itself again.

"More or less a bonding ritual, with Naitome's consent, although it was supposed to be a... private affair." Arisu replied, as Kitsuki posed her question. Fighting a Kiri-nin wasn't something she was particularly interested in. They were supposed to be allies after all, but she could understand how this would look to someone who didn't know what she was seeing.

"Arisu's powers as an Otsutsuki grant her control over life and death. The statue over there is the shell of this world's 10 Tail's, what remains after the Tailed beasts were created. This rod embedded in my chest ties my life force to Arisu's, but in return, I'm granted increased physical ability, access to her vast chakra, and the ability to more freely swap out Rinnegan abilities. This allows me a greater ability to protect and serve. Your concern is appreciated but unwarranted." Naitome explained, pointing to the rod. Arisu had made it a short one, with less than an inch sticking out.

Naitome kept an eye on Kitsuki, activating the Chakra Visualization of the Rinnegan, providing himself and Arisu a boost to their perception and seeing if she had any techniques active. Their visions were linked, granting them both a better field of view.

Arisu's face, unlike Naitome's, remained at a neutral expression as always. "I assure you, I'm no threat to Kirigakure. I'm the one who solidified the Konoha alliance after it was strained. My duty is to the greater good, as is Naitome's. His participation in the ritual is willing."

(adding in costs later)

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:10 am

Kitsuki's stern expression never wavered despite Naitome's amicable appearance. Arisu explained that she had just completed a "bonding" procedure. At this juncture, Naitome spoke up and added that Arisu's powers made her a lich of sorts. The monstrosity that stretched into the sky was apparently the shell of this world's ten tails.

Ten Tails? There is a Ten-Tailed Bijuu?!

Kitsuki felt her heartbeat quicken and she stretched the arrow to its absolute limit. She didn't know much about the Bijuu and the little she did know was filtered through Zizz's understanding. Normally the two's communication was rock-solid. Nothing was misunderstood or misinterpreted. But whenever Zizz spoke of the Bijuu or the "Colonizers" as she called them, that understanding broke down. There were words and meanings in Mende that Kit found quite difficult to grasp. She didn't have a cerebral understanding of the language and she relied on her heart to translate the ancient script. Unfortunately, Zizz's feelings on the subject were rather complicated. They were fraught with worry, fear, and hatred. It made comprehension difficult and literal translation impossible. But at the mentioning of a "Ten-Tails," Kitsuki sensed Zizz shudder. They didn't need to exchange words to know that this was bad. The whole reason the Angel had come to Earth was now towering before them. Kit didn't know whether to point her arrow at Arisu, Naitome, or the Leviathan.

Naitome stressed that he had consented to this procedure and that their linkage was best for the village. She didn't know this young man. She couldn't ascertain if he was truly doing this of his own volition or if this rod was a control mechanism of some sort. Perhaps a physical genjutsu that was keeping him under her sway. When Kit noitced that Arisu had her Rinnegan active, Kitsuki kept her eyes focused on the pair's legs. She had some rather unfavorable experiences with Genjutsu and even someone of her average Intelligence knew that eye contact with strange pupils could lead one into a world of hurt.

"Deactivate your Dojutsu now!"

Keeping them active was a lethal threat in the shinobi world. She wouldn't tolerate it. Kit then added:

"Everyone has their excuses! Kyoji said he was doing it for Kiri! Ken said he was doing it for Kiri! I'm not buying those excuses anymore!"

The second Arisu said "the greater good," Kitsuki knew something was up. Headmaster Sukimori had warned her that the road to hell was paved with good intentions. So many shinobi had lost their way thinking that what they were doing was right and just. They had convinced themselves that the ends justified the means. No more.... She would show this world a better way. Kitsuki's determination grew stronger and as an outward expression of that, Zizz glowed and floated out of Kit's hair.

The tiny black Angel's wings shifted and she hovered a few inches to Kit's right. She was staring daggers into the alien. She was usually happy-go-lucky and friendly to even the coldest of humans. But this wasn't a human, it was a conqueror. Zizz growled but coming from her it sounded more like a hiss or a buzz. This horned devil was a virus that if left unchecked would kill the planet. Zizz was the vaccine. Created by a people who wanted nothing more than to prevent other worlds from sharing their fate.

ⵙⵀⴻ'ⵙ ⵍⵢⵉⵏⴳ ⴽⵉⵜⵙⵓⴽⵉ, ⴷoⵏ'ⵜ ⴱⴻⵍⵉⴻⵠⴻ ⴰ ⵡoⵔⴷ oⴼ ⵡⵀⴰⵜ ⵉⵜ ⵙⴰⵢⵙ. ⵜⵀⴻⵢ ⴰⵔⴻ ⴷⴻⵛⴻⵉⵠⴻⵔⵙ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵡoⵔⵍⴷ ⴽⵉⵍⵍⴻⵔⵙ!

Kit wanted to say more but she didn't want to ramble either. The missteps of others would not help her resolve the present dilemma. She thought quickly and came up with an imperfect plan. She called out to Naitome:

"You said your doing this willingly right Naitome? If so then take out that thing in your chest. I saw her put it in.....take it out and I'll know you're telling the truth"

Kit kept her bow steady and addressed Arisu:

"Step away from him please!"

Even in the most dire of situations, Kit maintained the politeness expected of a WASP.

+20
    Grace Pool: 92.5 [Max]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Arisu Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Arisu dismissed the Gedo Mazou, the giant statue disappearing back into the ethereal from which she had summoned it. She took a few steps away from Naitome as directed, but wouldn't comply with the request to shut off her Rinnegan, offering an explanation. "I cannot shut off my Rinnegan. While I am sustaining him, Naitome and my Rinnegan are visible. There is no shutting it off without letting him drop. Likewise, he cannot turn off his Rinnegan either. However, our Rinnegan don't possess a genjutsu, so whether you trust me or not, there's no danger inherently present by looking at the Rinnegan. My ability is tied to the Gedou Statue and power over life and death."

Naitome nodded. "The same issue is present with me removing the rod. As I said, this rod ties my life to Arisu. The ritual has been completed, at least in part. Allow me to explain further. All Otsutsuki have powers that any may possess. Some Otsutsuki have an additional power that is unique to that eye." His voice was calm, the smile never faltering as was common on his face.

"There are seven different Rinnegan abilities. Mine is known as the Animal Path. It grants me a unique summoning contract that holds any summon I can think of. They cannot be killed. Arisu's is the Outer Path. She can summon the Gedou statue, the husk of the 10 tails, which was created from the original God Tree that graced this world with chakra. Uniquely, she can bring back people from death, or tie them to life by sealing the statue inside of them."

Arisu frowned slightly as Naitome explained the abilities, disliking that she was divulging this information at all, but it was necessary. Naitome continued speaking. "The rest are the Asura Path, the Deva Path, the Human Path, the Preta Path, and the Naraka Path. In summary, Asura creates machines and weapons, Deva has some control over gravity and can make satellites like meteors or even the moon, Human can extract all information from someone and remove their soul through touch, Preta can absorb any ninjutsu, and Naraka can serve as a lie detector or heal any damage to a person."

Arisu spoke up next. "I used my ability to bring people back to life to restore Satomi Uchiha from the dead, so my ability to do that fully is unusable for the time being, but that's why Konoha and Kiri's alliance wasn't broken. The Mizukage can confirm that much."

"Now, I would appreciate you taking the bow away from Arisu. Either of us dying would be quite problematic, and neither of us are a threat to Kirigakure. You seem to be a good person, trying to do the right thing, I don't imagine you'd kill someone who has disarmed themselves and isn't seeking to do any harm. If it's a matter of us being Otsutsuki, your world's history is tied intrinsically to ours. The progenitor of chakra here was an Otsutsuki, the Sage himself was one, as was his brother. The Kaguya, Uchiha, Senju, Hozuki, Inazuma, Hyuga, Tetsudashi, Kazehana, and some others are all direct descendants. Not all of us are here to do this world harm, our family already resides here. Arisu and myself understand that this world is one to be protected from destruction, and for that reason we joined forces and I willingly bound myself to her cause."

Naitome interposed himself between Arisu and Kitsuki, his eyes flickering over to Zizz and Kitsuki, a frown on his face. The Angel wasn't particularly friendly to them, both could see. Arisu made no attempt to flee or move from her position. "I can't permit you to harm Arisu, nor do I wish any harm to come to you or your tiny friend. So what's your endgame here? You can either shoot us both down in cold blood, or cease hostility. We haven't done anything wrong."

The smile finally dropped from Naitome's face as they awaited the reply.

Maintaining: Six Paths of Pain, and Chakra Visualization
    Dismissed: Gedou Statue.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:50 pm

When the Gedo Mazou disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared, Kit jumped a bit. She pointed her bow at the airspace where the monster was and then back at Arisu. She was relieved to see the statuesque being gone but that did not fully alleviate her concerns. Arisu declared that she would not deactivate her Rinnegan as doing so would jeopardize Naitome's safety. She added that there was no risk of Genjutsu by looking at her eyes but Kit wasn't about to take her at her word. Her fight with Mort had made her realize that Genjutsu users were liars by trade.

Kit listened as Naitome continued to blow her mind. He told her that all Otsutsuki had fantastic powers that were far beyond what most shinobi could replicate.

Immortal summons? Soul stealers? Ten Tailed Bijuu? Resurrection? Gravity manipulation?

To be fair, some of the powers seemed more fearsome than others, but all of them were concerning. Zizz was right. These people were powerful and if they banded together, they could easily conquer the planet. Kitsuki had always believed that the story of the Rabbit Goddess and the God Tree were myths. Allegories that had been passed down from generation to generation with the hope that its lessons would cultivate responsible use of Ninjutsu. If that was the case then humanity had failed miserably. Kit wanted to call the alien a liar but somehow she knew what he was saying was true. Humanity did not always have chakra. The history textbooks had been clear on that much. Information from before the arrival of the Rabbit Goddess was scarce but from what little historians knew there was no mention of chakra or super-human feats commonly associated with magic. If the Otsutsuki were the progenitors of this world's power then how could they hope to defeat them? How could she? Kit looked at Zizz through the corner of her eyes.

The Angel was still glaring at the two but she wasn't communicating. She was just hovering. It was as if she was just as unsure of herself as Kit was.

The Hokzuki? Chigetsu....Kaguya? Hana....some of the biggest and most powerful shinobi clans have Otsutsuki blood running through their veins?

It was too much to bear. Kit's world was crashing down around her. Every time she thought she was finally understanding how the ninja world worked, a new bomb was dropped on her head that made her question everything. A dark question lingered in the back of Kit's mind. Do I have their blood in me? Am I cursed? Kit was no bigot. She didn't want to believe that these aliens were intrinsically evil or that their descendants among humans were somehow "dirty." But she had felt how Zizz had mourned the loss of her creators, she could sense the anguish that lay beneath the Angel's fun loving exterior. They had done something horrible to her home world and given their capabilities, all it would take was one of them going rogue to repeat the same tragedy.

What do I do?

Naitome appeared to be seizing on her in-decisiveness. He made his case for why she should put her bow away and accept that what they had done was for the benefit of not just Kiri but the world. Kitsuki was suddenly struck with a sensation of deja-vu. She had experienced his before on a small island just off the coast of the Isle of Whispers. She had swarmed Sero's home with a group of shinobi and had threatened him in order to get him to comply with her orders. She had later found out that the whole situation had been contrived by certain elements in the Kiri government. Elements that did not take kindly to a monster living so close to the village. Kit found out that while the Emperor's Office did not approve of Sero, he had won the backing of the Mizukage in exchange for his loyalty. She was wrong to have barged into his home wielding a weapon of deadly force and now, she couldn't help but consider that possibility now. They were indeed unarmed and passive. Arisu refused to move and Naitome stepped in front of her. He was willing to protect her with his own life and Kit found that touching.

All the same, there was one crucial difference at play here. At Sero's cave, it was Zizz that had convinced her to lay down her bow. The Angel had said that while she wasn't sure what to make of the darkness that surrounded his spirit, he was not a deceiver. He was sincere in his objective to cleanse the world of evil. It remained to be seen how he planned to do such a thing, but Zizz had come into contact with him and she had more or less blessed his intentions.

She had not done so here.

The Angel's wings started to shift and she glowed as she scrutinized the two Otsutsuki.

ⵜⵀⴻⵢ'ⵔⴻ ⵍⵢⵉⵏⴳ ⴽⵉⵜⵙⵓⴽⵉ....ⴷoⵏ'ⵜ ⵜⵔⵓⵙⵜ ⵜⵀⴻⵎ....ⵜⵀⴻⵢ ⵜooⴽ ⴻⵠⴻⵔⵢⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⴼⵔoⵎ ⵎⵢ ⵡoⵔⵍⴷ...ⵜⵀⴻⵢ'ⵍⵍ ⵜⴰⴽⴻ ⵉⵜ ⴼⵔoⵎ ⵢoⵓⵔⵙ ⵜoo.
    Zizz...I....

Kit was conflicted. The Angel wasn't omniscient but when it came to matters of morality, Kit had learned to trust the creature's instincts. Yet she also knew that Zizz was not emotionally unbiased. Kit was aware that Zizz acted on her heart occasionally and that the pain of her loss might be affecting her judgment. Whatever it was that made her tick, hatred of these space people appeared to be inherent in her nature. Owing to the power of Time Release, Kit had developed a remarkable sense of timing and memory. It was at this point she recalled a conversation she had had with Zizz.

"Well...why me? I mean not me specifically, but why anyone? You can control time! Move at the speed of light! Nothing can even hurt you! Why not just.....solve all the problems in the universe on your own?"

ⵡⴻⵍⵍ ⴼⵉⵔⵙⵜ oⴼ ⴰⵍⵍ ⴽⵉⵜⵙⵓⴽⵉ, ⵉ ⴷoⵏ'ⵜ ⵔⴻⴰⵍⵍⵢ ⵛoⵏⵜⵔoⵍ ⵜⵉⵎⴻ...ⵉⵜⵙ ⵎoⵔⴻ ⵛoⵎpⵍⵉⵛⴰⵜⴻⴷ ⵜⵀⴰⵏ ⵜⵀⴰⵜ...ⴰⵏⵢⵡⴰⵢⵙ, ⵉ ⵛⴰⵏ oⵏⵍⵢ ⴷo ⵙo ⵎⵓⵛⵀ oⵏ ⵎⵢ oⵡⵏ. ⵎⵢ ⵛⵔⴻⴰⵜoⵔⵙ ⴷⴻⵙⵉⴳⵏⴻⴷ ⵎⴻ ⵙo ⵜⵀⴰⵜ ⵉ ⵛⴰⵏ'ⵜ ⴼⵓⵏⵛⵜⵉoⵏ ⵉⵏⵜⴻⵔⴷⴻpⴻⵏⴷⴻⵏⵜⵍⵢ...ⵏoⵜ ⵔⴻⴰⵍⵍⵢ. ⵜⵀⴻ ⵛoⵍoⵏⵉⵣⴻⵔⵙ ⴰⵜⵜⴰⵛⴽⴻⴷ ⵓⵙ ⵡⵉⵜⵀ ⴱⵉⵊⵓⵓ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵡⴻ ⵏoⵜⵉⵛⴻⴷ ⵀoⵡ ⴼⴻⵔⴰⵍ ⵜⵀⴻⵢ ⵛoⵓⵍⴷ ⴱⴻ, ⵀoⵡ ⵜⵀⴻⵉⵔ ⵉⵏⴷⴻpⴻⵏⴷⴻⵏⵛⴻ ⵡⴰⵙ ⴻⵠⴻⵔⵢⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳ ⵜo ⵜⵀⴻⵎ. Poⵡⴻⵔ ⵍⵉⴽⴻ ⵜⵀⴰⵜ ⵉⴼ ⵍⴻⴼⵜ ⵓⵏⵛⵀⴻⵛⴽⴻⴷ ⵛⴰⵏ ⴷⴻⵙⵜⵔoⵢ ⴻⵏⵜⵉⵔⴻ ⵛⵉⵜⵉⴻⵙ. ⵜⵔⵓⴻ ⵙⵜⵔⴻⵏⴳⵜⵀ ⵛoⵎⴻⵙ ⴼⵔoⵎ ⵛoopⴻⵔⴰⵜⵉoⵏ. ⵏo oⵏⴻ ⵉⵙ pⴻⵔⴼⴻⵛⵜ ⴱⵓⵜ ⴱⵢ ⴼⵉⵏⴷⵉⵏⴳ ⵙoⵎⴻoⵏⴻ oⵏ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵏⴰⵜⵉⵠⴻ pⵍⴰⵏⴻⵜ ⵜⵀⴰⵜ ⵙⵀⴰⵔⴻⵙ ⵎⵢ ⵠⵉⵙⵉoⵏ, ⵉ ⵛⴰⵏ ⴱⵔⵉⵏⴳ oⵓⵜ ⵎⵢ ⵜⵔⵓⴻ poⵡⴻⵔ ⴱⵢ ⴰⵉⴷⵉⵏⴳ ⵜⵀⴻⵎ. ⵎⵢ ⵛⵔⴻⴰⵜoⵔⵙ ⵙⴰⵡ ⵜⵀⴰⵜ ⵜⵀⴻ ⴱⵉⵊⵓⵓ ⵡⴻⵔⴻ ⴼⵓⵍⵍ oⴼ pⴰⵙⵙⵉoⵏ....ⵓⵏⵜⴻⵎpⴻⵔⴻⴷ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵓⵏⵜⴰⵎⴻⴷ. ⵉⵏ ⵛoⵏⵜⵔⴰⵙⵜ, ⵡⴻ ⴰⵏⴳⴻⵍⵙ ⵔⴻⵍⵢ oⵏ ⵜⴻⵎpⴻⵔⴰⵏⵛⴻ ⵜo ⴱⴻ ⵎoⵙⵜ ⴻⴼⴼⴻⵛⵜⵉⵠⴻ. ⵜⵀⴰⵜ'ⵙ ⵡⵀⴰⵜ ⵢoⵓ ⴰⵔⴻ. ⴰ ⵜⴻⵎpⴻⵔⵉⵏⴳ ⵙpⵉⵔⵉⵜ. ⵢoⵓ ⴽⵏoⵡ ⵜⵀⵉⵙ ⵡoⵔⵍⴷ ⴱⴻⵜⵜⴻⵔ ⵜⵀⴰⵏ ⵉ ⵛⴰⵏ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵢoⵓ ⵀⴰⵠⴻ ⵎoⵔⴻ ⵉⵏⵠⴻⵙⵜⴻⴷ ⵉⵏ ⵉⵜ ⵜⵀⴰⵏ ⵎⴻ. ⵡⵀo ⴱⴻⵜⵜⴻⵔ ⵜo ⵜⴻⵎpⴻⵔ ⴰⵏ ⴰⵍⵉⴻⵏ ⴼoⵔⵛⴻ ⵜⵀⴰⵏ ⴰ ⵙpⵉⵔⵉⵜ ⵉⵏⴷⵉⴳⴻⵏoⵓⵙ ⵜo ⵜⵀⴻ pⵍⴰⵛⴻ ⵡⴻ ⵙⴻⴻⴽ ⵜo ⴷⴻⴼⴻⵏⴷ.

Zizz's explanation was a weight on Kit's shoulders. How could she, the lesser of two siblings, be responsible for directing an alien life form in a cosmic battle against good and evil? It was lunacy. But for the first time since she had heard Zizz's speech, Kit felt secure in her role. Zizz was now so blinded by pain that she would tell Kit to attack a defenseless pair of Kiri-Nin without solid proof of wrongdoing. The Angel was good, but like all Angels, their sense of justice could occasionally make them rather cold and calculating. Kit sighed and lowered her bow. She wasn't sure she could trust Arisu and Naitome but they had shown a willingness to de-escalate.

"I don't believe in prejudice...at my old school they taught us that no matter where you came from or what family you were born into, we are all equal. Every person has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Even ones not born on Earth. I want to believe you two but I've seen and heard so much disturbing stuff lately. This country is my home, this planet is my home, and I have to protect it. We will protect it!"

As if responding to Kit's determination, the Angel flared. It was clenching its tiny fists. Zizz could suggest that Kit attack them but it could not do anything on its own. The firmness of Kit's resolve only brought its own will into greater accordance with its host. The bio-celestial mechanics of her existence were utterly contrary to that of a Bijuu. Whereas a Bijuu fought to wrest control from its host, poisoned its mind with its own agenda, and resisted attempts at suppression, Angels naturally submitted to the will of their chosen champion.

"If you say you did this willingly....I'm going to trust you Naitome.....for now at least. But don't think for a second my investigation ends here." Kit placed her arrow in the quiver and pressed a button on her bow. The object re-configured itself into a cane. She rested her hand on the pommel of the object and addressed the soul-tether directly.

"Arisu whatever you did to him was extremely dangerous. You have someone's life now permanently tied to your own and even if he consented, its still bondage. We do not permit others to willingly sell themselves into slavery. If for whatever reason he had a change of heart, his only hope of escape is to die. I don't consider that noble, I consider it unconscionable. I'm willing to bet you didn't ask the Mizukage permission for this ritual either. This isn't Kumogakure, we don't tolerate this kind of behavior here. I'm going to look into what you've told me and talk it over with a few others. I won't call the Mizukage in on this so long as you promise not to flee the village or take any other unlawful actions. I get it. The world is a violent and crazy place. We sometimes need to link up with others to increase our strength. I know what its like to tie your destiny to another, to tether yourself to someone you trust..."

Kit looked at Zizz and the Angel looked at her. Though they didn't see eye to eye on this, they would always be partners. K-Zizz forever.

"But it can't just be based on mutual consent....you need more"

Zizz had told Kit not long ago that she was free to reject the Angel at any time. However, once the rejection was final, the tether between them would be severed forever. Likewise, if Kitsuki fell to the side of evil then Zizz would be within her rights to revoke their bond and find someone more worthy. Neither of them expected those events to happen but the option left their freedom intact. The same could not be said of Bijuu and Jinchurikki as well as Arisu's new relationship with Naitome.

"....but what's done is done. I'll look into the things you told me and get back to you. Maybe we can find these other Paths and see what their intentions are. Not all of them might be evil but all it takes is one to push Kishin from bad to worse"

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Arisu Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:24 pm

After what felt like a tense few moments of indecision, Kitsuki finally lowered her bow. It would appear that she wasn't willing to strike down someone in cold blood, just as expected. It was also good to know that Kitsuki was willing to protect the inhabitants of this world from those that would do them harm.

Naitome bowed politely, the smile returning to his face. "Thank you, miss.... I'm afraid I didn't quite catch your name. Of course, you know mine as Naitome and her's as Arisu."

"It's Kitsuki. She fought in the exams." Arisu commented. They had both been present for the Chuunin exams, but Arisu had been pulled before the first part on Hana's orders. The Mizukage hadn't wanted Arisu to showcase herself during the exams so that they could hide her from the public view and keep some secrets from the world.

"Feel free to investigate all you'd like, but it's better to work together than to be enemies. You needn't worry, I'll be in the village unless on a mission. This place is my home, for better or worse. It's not like I have somewhere else to go."

Naitome and Arisu began to walk away, but Arisu halted, placing a hand on Naitome's shoulder to get him to stop. Of course, it wasn't necessary, but keeping the exact way that her powers worked would assist her in the future at all times. Turning back to Kitsuki, she spoke once more, to address Kitsuki's issues with the tether.

"Our tether isn't as permanent as you'd think Kitsuki. Death for most is a permanent thing, but I can bring people fully back to life once per year. I only have a few months before I can do so again. If Naitome changes his mind by then, I can just restore him to life and that will be that. And if he doesn't, someone else can benefit from my ability."

However, from there, they would leave the girl and angel alone. They could conduct whatever investigation they would like, ask other's opinions if they'd like.

-exit

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:29 pm

When Naitome showed how relieved he was at her decision, Kit knew that she had done the right thing. She was about to open her mouth to respond when Arisu answered for her.

"That's right, Kitsuki Kurahasa" she said adding her surname.

Arisu agreed to cooperate with her investigation which was good. If Kit could find a way to corroborate her story then she'd have one less of these Otsutsuki to worry about. The problem was that Kitsuki was the furthest thing in the world from a detective. She didn't even know where to start. She sighed and looked up at the sky.

I'll find a way....

Kit's attention returned to Arisu who had stopped to give one last note of commentary. Arisu boasted of the ability to bring back the dead, even Naitome should he choose to longer serve her. This deal didn't sit right with her but if Arisu was correct and there was in fact a foolproof escape clause, then she wasn't in a position to punish them. Kit merely nodded in response and allowed the pair to leave. Zizz gave Arisu a nasty scowl and refused to break eye contact until the Colonizer had left the area. Kit remained on the training grounds for awhile as the Angel hovered near her.

ⵉ ⵀopⴻ ⵢoⵓ ⴽⵏoⵡ ⵡⵀⴰⵜ ⵢoⵓⵔ ⴷoⵉⵏⴳ
    I don't.... Kit admitted. But this is our fight and whether or not all of these aliens are bad is just something we'll have to discover ourselves

Kit gripped her cane and marched off in the opposite direction of Arisu.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 am