Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

The Balcony

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Village : N/A

The Balcony  Empty The Balcony

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:38 pm

The Siege of the Senju Clan District was a subject of enormous concern for the military of Konohagakure no Sato. A boy who had come into contact with an Ōtsutsuki was now at the center of a rather un-nautral disaster involving Mokuton. A massive dome had been erected over the Senju Clan District and while Konoha's forces were studying and probing the object, Nyguyen decided to have a chat with one of his Senju Jounin. Nyguyen wasn't sure why he had singled out Jingo. Some would call it a hunch but he wasn't fond of the phrase. He liked to think of it as being more intuition than anything else.

Nyguyen had made a reservation for two at one of his favorite hotpot restaurants: the Balcony. A table had been set up on the roof of the restaurant. It gave a beautiful view of the village proper albeit with the blight of the Mokuton Entity's dome piercing the city skyline. The setup was what had earned the restaurant its namesake and he could think of no more fitting backdrop for their conversation. Nyguyen hadn't ordered but he did pour himself a glass of water from a jug that had been set on the table. He lifted the glass carefully (not harming himself in any fashion) and drank its contents. He set the glass of water back down and patiently waited for the shinobi to arrive.

The Balcony  Empty Re: The Balcony

Post by Jingo Senju Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Jingo had expected this to be a normal day for him. Maybe he would go shopping or just take a stroll around the Senju Clan compound, but apparently fate had something different in store for him. As he was leaving his compound sometime around mid day he felt a very strange rumbling in the ground and suddenly became alert. Perhaps the village was under attack or something like that. He used his full competency and speed to move away from the compound until he reached a safe distance away and was able to observe what was going on. Apparently a gigantic fucking dome made of wood had surrounded the compound and sealed it off from the rest of Konoha. In Jingo’s mind he was honestly just a bit confused, as he wasn’t aware of there being anyone else in his clan with the capability of using wood release. Such a large scale event would warrant immediate response from the village leadership and the military, so Jingo just spent a bit of time examining the wood from the dome. He could tell that it was chakra infused wood manifested through the use of wood release, so it was obvious to him that someone had to have used some technique to do this. The technique didn’t seem malicious either, since it didn’t cause any damage and only cut off access to the compound.

Either way, Jingo wasn’t too worried about this as he was confident in dismantling the dome if push came to shove. It was around the time that he finished examining the dome that he received word through some inexplicable means that the Hokage wanted to speak with him for a bit over some lunch. Jingo was surprised that the Hokage seemed to be treating this matter so casually, but he wasn’t one to talk considering his average disposition. Jingo considered that it was possible that the Hokage was aware of the cause and simply wanted to ask some questions about the best way to deal with the situation, but it was best to just go find out for himself. As he made his way to the restaurant named the Balcony, he also considered the power shift that had occurred over the past few years in which the Uchiha had taken majority control over the happenings within the village. Jingo didn’t care about this as long as they didn’t cross his bottom line and start trying to use this new power to leverage themselves over his clan. He also considered how quickly they seemed to go through Kage. There was almost never enough time to actually get to know their new leaders before they disappeared into obscurity. Jingo was no politician however, so the thoughts of those who played those political games were beyond him.

Having pondered as he walked, Jingo arrived at his destination in his full regalia as he often did when he wandered the streets. One would be hard pressed to see him as a shinobi with such a getup as his sense of style was more akin to that of a nouveau rich merchant’s son trying to stand out. Nevertheless he made his way through the restaurant and up to the balcony for which the restaurant was named. Upon arriving at the rooftop he looked out and saw the Hokage sitting at the place with the best view of the village, which had now been drowned out by the sight of a very large dome. Jingo wore his signature smile on his face as he approached where the Hokage sat, taking a chair across the table from him without saying anything as he did so. After taking a moment to get himself settled Jingo stared into the eyes of his hokage without a care in the world, projecting his inordinate confidence in himself knowing full well the capabilities of the man before him. He then said, “I assume Lord Hokage wishes to discuss the large dome that has covered my compound yes?”

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Jingo arrived and took a seat. The man's attitude and presence reminded Nyguyen of a Buddhist. Despite the giant forest overgrowth covering his clan, he appeared to be untroubled. The Senju always had a way about them and he never really understood why some of them were so devil maycare. He knew Desiyami and she was much the same. Brief as her reign was, it appeared her personality had left an impression on the institution. Nyguyen leaned forward in his chair and returned Jingo's eye contact.

"Yes. I know who or what is causing it....but what I don't know is why. Jingo....what do you know of a young boy named Ashitaka Inzuka?"

Nyguyen folded his hands on the table. He could explain everything in one shot but perhaps it was best to find out what this Jounin Senju knew.

Post by Jingo Senju Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:31 pm

Jingo awaited the Hokage’s response with interest, hoping that he would explain the cause of the giant dome surrounding his clan’s home. To his surprise, the dome seemed to be somehow related to someone not of his clan, at least not his knowledge. Jingo paused for a moment as he considered the name, before remembering some vague details about it and saying, “I heard something about a young man causing a large uproar due to his negligence during an important mission, but outside of that I don’t really know much about them.” His way of speaking was lackadaisical, as though the results of that mission and its ensuing drama were beneath his interest. He paused once again before saying, “I don’t suppose this young man has something to do with the giant dome surrounding my home, does he?”

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Nyguyen didn't smile when Jingo mentioned Ashitaka's disastrous mission during the Meteor Wars. There was an element of humor in the statement but at the moment, Nyg didn't have it in him to acknowledge it. A pair of breaksticks were placed on the table by the waiter. Nyg waited for her to leave and then he responded:

"I believe he does. The mission you mentioned went poorly....extremely poorly. I have reason to believe he was struck by some kind of psycho-chakratic technique. It destabilized his chakra network and produced undesirable psychological effects....I'm concerned that that incident is what led to the current disfigurement of the Senju Clan District."

Jingo didn't appear to know much about the Senju orphan so Nyguyen elaborated.

"Ashitaka Inzuka was raised outside of this village by wolves. He was eventually adopted by a family in the Inzuka Clan but its now rather obvious to me that his true parentage lies within your clan. I don't suppose you know of any type of mental illness or propensity for anti-social behavior among your kin that would be responsible for this type of incident? When I went to visit Ashitaka, a Wood Release manifestation accosted me and the medical staff. It called itself Konoha and spoke in terms that was reminsict of Ashitaka's beleifs. It was like an violent externalization of his fears and insecurities."

Nyguyen hoped that Jingo had more information on the subject. If this was some kind of Senju-specific mental malady then perhaps the man knew the cure.

Post by Jingo Senju Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:47 pm

Jingo listened intently to the story that the Hokage told him, causing him to fall back on a bit of his medical knowledge as he considered the possible ailments that might have befallen young Ashitaka. This line of thought was interrupted however, when the Hokage mentioned some weird ass sentient plant entity that had manifested itself in the Konoha Hospital. The idea of the existence of such a creature made Jingo raise a single eyebrow at the absurdity of the situation, but his face quickly returned to its normal tranquility, given that there were plenty of stranger things that had happened in the ninja world. After Nyguyen had finished explaining the situation, there was a momentary pause in which Jingo thought to himself for a moment, giving off the impression that he was considering some possibilities.

He looked to Nyguyen and said, “Given my limited medical expertise, I can only assume the sorts of mental traumas associated with being raised as a feral animal by wolves, but as for some strange wood creature or any mental illnesses related directly to the Senju clan, I can’t say I’m aware of any. His propensity towards anti-social behaviour or possible mental illness is almost certainly tied to his upbringing, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that manifestation was just a result of him subconsciously lashing out at those around him.”

Jingo waited another moment to allow the Hokage to consider what he just said and then continued, “Personally, this boy sounds like a threat to the village and the type of person who should have never been given training to become a ninja. Having a young man with blatant mental illness running around with the power of the Senju bloodline is a major threat to the village and to the reputation of my clan, especially if those powers cause annoyances like this giant dome over here.”

While the subject matter Jingo was discussing was quite serious, he still maintained his lackadaisical demeanour, speaking as though he really didn’t care what would happen to the young man.

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:27 pm

Nyguyen didn't know whether to be frightened or received that Jingo had ruled out any Senju-specific malady. Granted, Jingo had indicated that that was only according to his understanding and there might yet be Senju who knew more. Nevertheless, Nyguyen was glad that this wasn't something embedded into the boy's genes. At the same time, that meant he could no longer rule out influence by a sinister third party. Ashitaka's encounter with the Ōtsutsuki of Kumo came to mind. He was hoping to put that theory to rest but that wouldn't be the case. Either the alien or perhaps another entity was controlling Ashitaka and forcing him to act erratically. Jingo's speculation was more tame. He reasoned that Ashitaka was a kid raised by wolves and was thus lashing out at an increasingly chaotic and violent world. It made sense and if Nyguyen were just a Jounin sensei he might even leave it at that. Unfortunately, he couldn't now that he was the Hokage. He had to consider every possibility no matter how unlikely and terrifying.

Jingo further added that Ashitaka was now a serious liability. Nyg sighed and replied.

"I do not know who passed him along for service but I intend to speak with that individual. Regardless, Ashitaka is now a member of our military and he is rapidly progressing in terms of strength and competence but his instability is of significant concern. I say that as a sensei and Kage. You mentioned that his actions are hurting the reputation of your clan....so I must ask you. How would the Senju leadership deign to handle this situation?"

Post by Jingo Senju Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:25 pm

Jingo waited patiently for the man’s response, and though it only took a moment, it almost felt as though it had taken an eternity. This whole conversation seemed to have the strange feeling to it to be honest. Such things were irrelevant however, and Jingo considered how best to respond to the questions of his Hokage. He didn’t take long before saying, ”Honestly I don’t really care what you do with him so long as it prevents him from making any more of these giant domes. He’s already been trained, and not much can be done about that, so you might as well find the best use for him that you can, whether that be finding ways for him to control himself better, or by repurposing his organs for more competent individuals. Either way, this is a decision that I would leave up to you.”

He took a moment to sip some tea before continuing, “Now the old codgers of my clan might think otherwise and push for his execution or imprisonment, but you can feel free to ignore their opinions given their lack of competency or influence in recent times. Just be prepared for them to try and make a stink about it in public if you do decide to avoid going down that route.”

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:00 pm

Nyguyen was rather astounded at the lack of care Jingo showed for his own clansman. Nyg simply could not relate to that level of nonchalance when it came to blood. Any Uchiha who had done what Ashitaka had would be demanding answers for the clan to have a hand in how the situation was dealt with. Jingo seemed content to let the Kage handle it and handle it in ways that included ripping out his kekkei genkai. This was the second time someone had openly expressed a desire to rob Ashitaka of his innards and Nyguyen could not longer contain his anger. He leapt out of his seat and knocked the glass of water from off the table. It crashed to the side sending shards everywhere except in or near his own body.

"Are you drunk?! That's my student that you're talking about...HOW DARE YOU IN MY OWN VILLAGE!" He shouted.

This talk of organ raiding had to stop. It was very disturbing and if this is what Ashitaka was regularly contending with, could he blame the boy for his paranoia? The child's own kin was apparently fine with him being relieved of his organs! If Jingo pressed on Nyguyen would stare at him with complete contempt. How could a man be so callous regarding the fate of a mere child? A child that shared his heritage? Was it because Ashitaka had been raised by wolves or worse yet, the Inzuka? If anything, the Senju themselves favored harsh action against Ashitaka. He had shut down that option with respect to the medical establishment but to hear it uttered from the Senju's mouths rocked him to his core.

"Taking his organs is absolutely off the table and I will be issuing an order that such procedures are to be forbidden as a matter of national policy. Only the Military Command Council has the authority to create exceptions and we will not let a troubled youth fall through the cracks so easily. I don't want to hear that kind of talk out of your mouth, your clan's, or anyone else in this village ever again. Do you understand me Jingo Senju?"

Nyguyen wasn't sure if he could beat this man in a fight but if he threatened Ashitaka, he'd have to be willing to find out.

Post by Jingo Senju Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:32 am

It seemed as though Jingo had struck a nerve with the Hokage, given the massive outburst and theatrics that followed his statement. He had no idea that his tongue in cheek comment about yoinking the boy’s organs would have been taken so seriously by the Uchiha, but such emotional outbursts were exactly the sort of things that Jingo enjoyed seeing. Jingo’s state of awareness heightened to its highest levels as the Hokage leapt from his seat in some magical unspecified way whilst magically also knocking over a glass of water with an unspecified body part towards an unspecified side of the table. Of course, the Hokage had just aggressively gotten out of his seat and swatted the glass away like a normal person or something along those lines. Though such a specification was irrelevant, Jingo almost imagined a world in which a wacky inflatable arm waving tube man somehow doing some sort of flip while smacking away the glass like a ninja warlord.

Such fleeting thoughts did not draw his attention away from his hyper awareness as he observed Hokage’s body (not his eyes) with his normal focus, and the trajectory of the water glass with his peripheral vision. The glass had veered off towards the left and behind their table, violently shattering upon the wooden beams overlooking the rooftop venue, raining shards of glass and water upon the streets below. None of the shards of glass traveled anywhere near Jingo or the Hokage, but who knows what happened to the random passerby. Maybe there was some kid who accidentally licked a glass shard that fell in his cotton candy, who knows. Irregardless of such things, Jingo sat as he had from the beginning, situated in his chair three meters away from the Hokage, but during the swatting of the glass he had scooted his chair back enough that he could stand with ease should the need arise. He didn’t expect there to be violence of course, but it never hurt to be careful when you are offending the most politically powerful man in the nation.  His hands rested on his lap, his fingers interwoven, his palms flat on his lap, and his elbow resting upon the armrests of his chair, readily prepared to utilize whatever technique he might need for defense in the case of the Hokage getting violent. All of these actions had occurred just after the glass began to be swatted and had been done rather casually, being completed before the Hokage began to speak.

He listened to Nyguyen’s rage filled roars without flinching, the same nonchalant, arrogant look on his face, as would be expected. He waited patiently for the Hokage to finish his rant about the evils of organ theft and his desire to see no more talk of such things within the village. This was news to Jingo of course. He was somewhat surprised that there were already issues involving organ yoinking permeating the opinonbase of the village, but it didn’t matter to him much anyways. He hadn’t been very serious about taking the young man’s organs anyways. All he cared about was the Hokage following his heart to make the best decision within his purview. Despite his surprise, Jingo gave away no such signs on his face throughout the whole ordeal. He did find the whole situation somewhat comical of course, given the Hokage’s abrupt outburst and the assuredness with which the Hokage attempted to exert his authority over him and his clan. He couldn’t fault the man for following the whims of his heart though, so he began with an apology of sorts.

“Lord Hokage, you’ll have to forgive me. What I said about your student’s organs was a facetious statement made in poor taste. I was unaware that some folks in our village had already suggested such things with actual seriousness, and for that I apologize.”

He spoke with his trademark aloof and detached demeanour, pausing after the apology. He then continued after a moment,

“But don’t mistake my apology for my stance or the stance of my clan on the subject. Personally, the only thing I wish to do is see people follow the desires in their heart, whatever those may be, regardless of their morality of lack thereof. I have no stake in what happens to your student nor do I care to. The same cannot be said of the old farts back at home. They will bitch and moan about every little thing that inconveniences them even slightly, whether it be the arrogance and laziness of the youth or the cold making their bones ache during the winter. If such paltry things set them off, you can imagine how upset they will be about a young man wielding the ultimate powers of their clan, especially since they cannot obtain those powers themselves. More than that, the young man has surrounded their home in a giant mass of wood, making what may seem like a mockery of their clan to the superstitious old geriatrics. All I am saying is that the elders may not take too kindly to this incident and that you should be prepared to deal with any issues they might bring up.”

Throughout his long winded speech, Jingo continued to observe the Hokage, hopefully soothing the man’s rage in some way. During this whole set of circumstances and events, Jingo was fully prepared to unleash the fullest extent of his capabilities if the Hokage actually decided to escalate the situation, though he doubted he would. There was very little reason for the Hokage to directly attack one of his Jounin in a public place, but being weary of an emotional person whose buttons he had pushed had never done Jingo wrong. Despite his intentions to deescalate the situation, Jingo still exuded an air of raw arrogance about him, as though he was fully confident about the situation at hand. At this point, all Jingo could do was wait and see how the Hokage would respond to his advice and to continue observing the man with the fullest extent of his abilities.

Speedy Limbs: Jingo can exchange -1 tier in strength for a +1 tier in Coordination at a cost of 5 cp.

Coord C->B -5 cp   255/260 (activated from the beginning of the post)
    Strength D-> E

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:34 am

Jingo's reaction (or lack thereof) forced the errant Hokage to calm down. The Jounin was totally unmoved by his display of emotion and appeared to be as at peace with the situation. The guy reminded Nyg of a buddhist monk. The Senju were known for their patience in the face of adversity. It was what had made them excellent mediators in the endless wars between the Uchiha and the Hyuuga. The Scarlet Clan in comparison were quick to anger, for the Curse of Hatred ran through veins like a thick bile. Nyguyen was now consciously aware of his behavior and thus fell silent as Jingo reacted then spoke. He could see and account for each of Jingo's actions with complete precision. Every movement was foretold and broken down through the Eye of Insight which had had been activated in the moments following his outburst.

Jingo apologized for his commentary. The words caught Nyguyen off guard. He was not use to people apologizing to him. Jingo further explained that he was agonistic with respect to Ashitaka's fate. He didn't care one way or the other but his clan would. Ashitaka's actions were problematic for them and if the Hokage shielded the boy from the consequences then it might create friction between them and the Uchiha. The Hokage's clan already had a disproportionate amount of power in the village. He couldn't allow this incident to raise the ire of their junior partners.

Nyguyen deactivated his Sharingan and looked off into the distance, in the direction of the giant mass of trees. He said nothing for a moment before turning back to the Senju. An apology of his own formed on his lips but he swallowed them. He was the leader now, he could not afford to apologize.

".....I....understand" he managed.

He had been rash and emotional in his response. Even if organ harvesting was Jingo's position, he ought to have dealt with it better. The conversation had not directly yielded any useful information but indirectly it had made Nyguyen aware of one key fact. He was too emotionally invested in Ashitaka's development to make sound decisions on the boy's behalf.

I should defer to the medical establishment....on everything except this organ harvesting business of course....

Nyguyen look down at his chair as he contemplated sitting back down. The Smiling Daoist hadn't gotten up and was wired for a response out of a desire to preserve his own well-being. He had nothing to fear from the Hokage but he was right to be prepared. How could a shinobi so implacable have escaped the village's attention for so long?

"Your counsel while well-intentioned does indicate a disturbing lack of empathy. Ashitaka may not be a close relative of yours but he shares your blood. I assumed you'd have a more.....pointed....position on his fate. Although I do admire your ability to be detached from affairs such as this."

It wasn't an apology but Nyguyen was subtly letting the Jingo know that by keeping his cool he had impressed the Kage.

Post by Jingo Senju Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:13 pm

It didn’t seem likely that there was going to be any conflict after all the aforementioned actions and statements were made. After the Hokage deactivated his sharingan, Jingo placed himself into a more relaxed posture and listened to what the man had to say about his advice. Apparently the Hokage found his lack of empathy to be both disturbing and admirable at the same time. After having listened to the totality of the Hokage’s statement, Jingo looked at him and said, “A man’s fate is his own. I have no desire to impose myself on someone I’ve never even met. That’s all it is.” He paused and flashed the hokage his trademark detached smile and continued, “Now then, is there anything else you need from me Lord Hokage?”

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Nyguyen was creeped out by the dead smile given to him by Jingo. He didn't say a word in response though. He merely shook his head. Rather than sitting back down, he walked away from the meeting without another word. He was too emotionally charged to enjoy a meal at the moment. He had come away from this meeting more confused and angry than when he had entered. He didn't know what was ailing Ashitaka. Jingo had no knowledge of any inherited maladies that could be causing these symptoms and he shared the same warped perspective that others in the medical establishment did. Nyguyen was not about to cast out his disciple like some leper. He'd get him the help needed but first he'd need to get to the root of this problem, no pun intended.

It was time for Nyguyen to dig deeper into the history books. Deeper than he had ever dared to go.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:03 am