Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+9
Hirano Issei
Irui Mikiri
Ashitaka_Inuzuka
Kureji Toukei
Ryuko
Shimiko Chinoike
Hana Kaguya
Chigetsu
Uchiha Akihiro
13 posters

Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks.

Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: X
    Ryo: a looot

Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks. Empty Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks.

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 am

Let me get this immediately out of the way: this suggestion is made regarding the blatant way Ryuko is abusing the trade system to break the game's economy while Masaru is enabling her to do so because he obviously benefits from it.

First of all, for those who aren't familiar, here's a very simple breakdown of how resources and trading work:

Resources and Trading:

^ This is it. This is all you need to know about Resource and Trading to understand what's happening.

So now that we know this, what is Ryuko doing that is so bad and game breaking that requires a community post about it?

What Ryuko is doing is basically the following:

• Kumogakure has level 5 wood, and level 1 fish.
    • Frost (owned by Kumogakure) has level 1 wood, and level 5 fish.

1. Kumogakure trades ALL of its wood to Frost and ALL of its fish, forfeiting the resource site income and massively profiting from applying East Indiaman bonuses to the trade route.
    2. Frost trade trades ALL of its fish to Kumogakure and ALL of its fish, forfeiting the resource site income and massively profiting from applying East Indiaman bonuses to the trade route. Frost is owned by Kumogakure and so the mass profit is doubled.

FAQ
    Spoiler:

Final Note:
    I find it extremely disappointing that I have to resort to a community post to try to turn around staff so they'll make a decision that should be obvious for anyone who isn't trying to break the game..
    Seriously disappointed right now. Do better.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks. Empty Re: Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks.

Post by Chigetsu Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:39 am

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I don't understand how staff can look at this and have a good conscious and say it's fair. If I was in their shoes I would have too much shame to argue something so blatantly unfair should be approved, especially when it's based on flawed math. It's been shown over and over again why this is wrong both here and in the Discord at this point, so I don't feel the need to directly comment on the war system itself, just that this is shameful and this Kumo mistake needs to be fixed immediately.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Ryo: 10,000

Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks. Empty Re: Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks.

Post by Hana Kaguya Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:43 am

Uchiha Akihiro wrote:
    So now that we know this, what is Ryuko doing that is so bad and game breaking that requires a community post about it?

What Ryuko is doing is basically the following:

• Kumogakure has level 5 wood, and level 1 fish.
    • Frost (owned by Kumogakure) has level 1 wood, and level 5 fish.

1. Kumogakure trades ALL of its wood to Frost and ALL of its fish, forfeiting the resource site income and massively profiting from applying East Indiaman bonuses to the trade route.
    2. Frost trade trades ALL of its fish to Kumogakure and ALL of its fish, forfeiting the resource site income and massively profiting from applying East Indiaman bonuses to the trade route. Frost is owned by Kumogakure and so the mass profit is doubled.

Let's also make one thing clear. This isn't a "1337 h4x." This isn't a revolutionary idea. This is just blatant abuse of a system which staff should always be vigilant about and preventive. But knowing that the majority of staff thought this would be okay is very alarming.

And let's not get started with the flawed basic math. The fact that some staff members are stubbornly refusing to face the facts shows such a deep level of immaturity which makes me question the functionality behind the scenes.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:51 am

I won't even pretend to understand the underlying math/mechanics underpinning the War System. I have a big exam to study for and I can't dedicate a significant amount of time to auditing a complex system like that.

I will say a few of things:

1. I initiated this audit and as much trouble as I had understanding the system, I found several major discrepancies and rule violations. Ryuko conceded to these mistakes and I'm not upset that she made a mistake. I'm upset that she couldn't immediately tell that taking in tens of millions of ryo in a single month with a few million expenses would break the game. I found that to be profoundly disappointing. I feel like staff should know and act better. Either the rules weren't being followed correctly and she should have self-audited OR the rules were being followed to the letter, and they are in drastic need of adjustment. Either way, the end result is unjustifiable.

2. Gladius has had a complex but surprisingly stable in-game economy for three years now. I'm shocked at how well balanced the village, organization, and personal economies have been. Becoming rich is (was) difficult, required IC effort, and felt rewarding. Watching as Kumo hands out millions in bonuses and spammed gear ruined all of that.

In theory because my main is in Kumo, I'd benefit immensely from it but I don't want that. I will honestly say it breaks my heart. This was not the game we created. We've done so well with keeping the economy balanced and fair, and to see it get shat on in three months is upsetting.

3. I would prefer to see the War System scrapped and/or drastically simplified. I know several who have had trouble understanding it and auditing based off of it. However, if the site thinks it can be kept, that's fine. However, I'd prefer Lyon's interpretation because it doesn't lead to a clownish result:

Total Income: 56,937,500
    Total Expenses:  8,231,750

Imagine this. Every. Single. Month.

That is not a healthy or sustainable in-game economy. That's a joke. We would need to artificially inflate the prices on numerous systems to keep up or basically be content with a broken system. I don't think that's reasonable. I urge everyone to come to the consensus that we can't permit that kind of imbalance.

Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Ryuko Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:54 am

I never thought and still don't that I was breaking anything.

It started with me looking at how much money Kumo was bringing in vs How much it spent each month and realized that we had almost nothing leftover to spend if an emergency arose.

Since I was going to be Kage I had big plans for what I wanted to do with Kumo but it was going to take a lot of money to do them.

I consulted with other people including people former and current staff members about how to dig Kumo out of this pit and start making legally making money

The other major villages seemed to just take over a minor nation, collect the base amount of resources that comes with it and call it a day. I took a risk and started investing in everything I could to raise my income a bit higher.

Build as many fishing boats as possible, upgrade outposts to Metropolises ect. I had to sink a lot of money into doing this and it was a lot of risk involved since My Trade ships had no cannons and could have been easily sacked.

It took a lot of time and effort but my investment payed off. There was nothing stopping people from copying me so I'm not sure why nobody ever did.

56 million a month might seem like a lot on paper but it's not when you consider that my expenses are only going to go up as I buy and build the stuff nessisary to keep my territory safe and secured. Maintaining a large army of guards, a navy and air fleet isn't cheap.

And that's not even getting into all my talk about "to the moon" which has been no joke.

If we change how we interpret the war system we might as well get rid of stuff like Paved roads and Airships since no village will ever be able to afford them.

Stats
    Strength: B
    Constitution: B
    Stamina: A-> A++ (Arch Angel's Tiara)
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: B
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Ryo: 10,000

Post by Hana Kaguya Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Ryuko wrote:I never thought and still don't that I was breaking anything.

It started with me looking at how much money Kumo was bringing in vs How much it spent each month and realized that we had almost nothing leftover to spend if an emergency arose.

Since I was going to be Kage I had big plans for what I wanted to do with Kumo but it was going to take a lot of money to do them.

I consulted with other people including people former and current staff members about how to dig Kumo out of this pit and start making legally making money

Having little leftover after your budget is the point, especially when you're running a maxed nation. I don't think the people you consulted told you about this system exploit. They may have suggested you build trade ships and other revenue producing structures, but how Kumo swaps entire resource systems is wrong.

Having big plans for a nation is good. When Kirigakure planned the Chuunin Exams I had to cut my current budget and save/protect my assets. It gave a lot of risk and reward with the game, especially when Nozomi arrived at the front gates and there was a battle.

But when you're pulling over 60 million per month, and your monthly expenses being 8 million, it defeats the fun of the game. Why worry about being robbed when you have 20+ vaults filled with 20 million each all in different locations? By allowing this to happen, money just loses its value in the game. Anything that has a price tag on it takes a faction of wealth that its negligible.

Ryuko wrote:The other major villages seemed to just take over a minor nation, collect the base amount of resources that comes with it and call it a day.  I took a risk and started investing in everything I could to raise my income a bit higher.      

Build as many fishing boats as possible, upgrade outposts to Metropolises ect.  I had to sink a lot of money into doing this and it was a lot of risk involved since  My Trade ships had no cannons and could have been easily sacked.

It took a lot of time and effort but my investment payed off.   There was nothing stopping people from copying me so I'm not sure why nobody ever did.

Again, risk is part of the game. Wasn't it fun knowing the danger of having unguarded trade routes? That if an attack were to happen you would have a confrontation and possibly and investigation? If that isn't fun for you, unfortunately, you're play the wrong game. There is constant risk, and if the danger doesn't make you feel giddy, you'll be in for a surprise when you have to participate in war or defending the village.

And what's stopping people from copying you was an understanding of the trade system Lyon, and a lot of the site, interprets it as. It's that interpretation and the sense of balance is what prevents me from doing exactly the same for Kirigakure in a few days.

Ryuko wrote:56 million a month might seem like a lot on paper but it's not when you consider that my expenses are only going to go up as I buy and build the stuff necessary to keep my territory safe and secured.  Maintaining a large army of guards, a navy and air fleet isn't cheap.

Let's get one thing straight: these airships and other ridiculous buildings I've seen being approved are absolutely batshit crazy. They shouldn't be approved and thus wouldn't be apart of Kumogakure's budget. But lets say we are all cool with them. Great. You might need to wait several months to do a massive purchase, similar to the one you did recently as Kumo's midmonth update. But that's assuming you were dependent on the passive income used to sustain a village. Why not rob another nation? Craft shit and sell it? Make an IC trade agreement? (Kumo will sell x-amount of chemistry items to Konoha per month), do missions? There are countless ways a village can supplement their income, and while you will still need to wait time, that's the purpose of the game.

Reaping in 60mil per month defeats any need manage money, making money pointless. Why bother when you can just tie every ninja's bank account to the village funds?

Ryuko wrote:And that's not even getting into all my talk about "to the moon" which has been no joke.
    |

Why is this even a thing to be considered? This is a Naruto RP site. The setting is close to medieval Japan. We stab people and use Ninjutsu. Why is space travel even something to be considered? If guns are cars kill people's motivation, imagine when Kumo's own SpaceX launches a shuttle into the atmosphere. Seriously, have you all lost your way? This might as well just be a sandbox fantasy Multiverse site.

Ryuko wrote:If we change how we interpret the war system we might as well get rid of stuff like Paved roads and Airships since no village will ever be able to afford them.

With the right territories and trade set up correctly, a country should reap in 10 - 15 million ryo per month, which is a really good stable income. If you made 15 million per month you will have 7 million leftover EVEY MONTH which will compound up to 84 million ryo per year. That is a dummy thicc amount of money, and that's assuming you aren't using any other means to supplement income.

I understand if you want to have lots of money for insurance, but it should be something you save and work for in way others than exploiting the trade system. It's not something that should just drop in your pocket every month.

The price tags on every system on this site isn't build to sustain this amount of ryo.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Kureji Toukei
    Kureji Toukei

Post by Kureji Toukei Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:59 am

If something that can easily be abused is found in the system, the general idea is to fix it. It's been done in the past before EVERYTIME, the fact that this is something only benefitting members of staff and they have to power to say "yeah there's no issue with it" and keep it the way it is is truthfully very concerning.

If you keep going down this road, it's just going to lead to another Neo-Gladius 2.0 where people aren't going to put up with that kind of abuse and migrate to somewhere else.

I'm not mad at Ryuko for using the system like this, she found the lack of wording and capitalized it to her benefit. What I am mad about is staff deeming that loophole as okay and only continue to abuse it. Very poor staff attitude and if this is really how they're approaching it, someone needs to be kicked.

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Bukijutsu, Sensory, Weapon Smithing (S), Ninjutsu, Kyujutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: 460,837

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:26 am

I can't believe how many people have to tell you that exercising your power in this manner is wrong, Ryuko.

I can't believe how many people you've ignored who have told you that your math is wrong.

I can't believe that I have to explain twice how even the means by which you've conducted this exploit is wrong.

So for those who are not privy to the Discord server, I'm going to repost my findings here.

On the distribution of resources:

Per the game rules being broken:

General Organization and Village Rules wrote:Resources are determined by the conditions of the Land of vary in five different levels, with five being the highest. Each level produces 100,000 Ryo of income per month, and a village is capable of collecting up to three levels of income per resource. Some villages will be better set in their own resources than others, and in the case of excess or lacking resources, trading becomes necessary.

Trading occurs when two or more Lands wish to exchange levels in monthly shipments to each other. For example, the Land of Fire has level five in Wood and the Land of Water only has level one. The Land of Fire can then send up to two levels of Wood in exchange for two levels of Fish, because the Land of Fire only has level one fish and the Land of Water has level five fish. Both lands will have level three in Wood and Fish, in this case, and will receive that level of income for them both for every month that trade is in effect.

Statements in bold are the key points. In my opinion, there are two significant problems with the trade rules as they are presented.

The particular exploit problem illustrated by Ryuko's actions can be summarized as:

a) trying to trade resources that her village has an excess of to a minor nation that already has a full stock, (which should negate the trade value of those resources for both villages entirely)

b) trying to exploit the system by generating artificial demand using the trade system to deplete the stocks of the villages involved in the trade, (which is a crime against humanity that I thought we could avoid seeing in a place like this, references to real life notwithstanding. Real life has a lot of awful things people do that should be emulated as little as possible.)

and

c) trying to complete a trade that would result in her village once again having an excess of the pertinent resource, which should not be possible per the rules, never mind the possibility of trading identical resources. (Which should look abusive at face value, because it is.)

The other problem illustrated by Ryuko's motivations can be summarized as follows:

a) There is no apparent ruling on where the enhanced value of the goods being traded is coming from, when said value is enhanced by the "East Indiamen" ships.

b) There is no requirement for the village receiving the goods whose value is enhanced by these ships to pay the adjusted cost of the goods they are receiving. In essence, the ryo is materializing out of thin air.

All that said, as I've seen several other people here say, I'm kind of appalled that Ryuko would attempt such an exploit, and when confronted with the moral and technical wrongness of her actions, abuse her administrative power to declare herself correct. All other aspects of this incident aside, that one in particular stinks of a slippery slope. Because if you're going to flex authority to win a game, why stop at giving yourself a hopelessly unfair financial advantage?

As a moderator of a game, when you find a broken or easily misinterpreted rule, you are not supposed to capitalize on the damage. You are supposed to fix it. That is the entire point of you being given authority.

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Lightning, Water, Wind, Storm, Dark
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:34 am

I've been thinking about this and, there just isn't a way to accept such a colossal surplus. We need something to balance this massive amount of income for villages. This surplus is the result of expenses not being properly paid out.  

I'd suggest:

• Village Maintenance (Upkeep costs)
      - Infrastructure
      - Gas and electricity
      - Water
    • Food/Agriculture production (Which would increase to feed your army, acquired territories)
    • Distributing the income to personnel
    • Increasing the cost of materials

In a normal situation we'd have various corrective forces that would make sure this doesn't happen. Yes there should be money leftover, but it shouldn't be a massive quantity like this.  We should allow the village to save money, but not accumulate vast amounts. We could also limit the trading of resources, which seems to be the easiest route.

There is absolutely no way to look at the system as it is now and say it is working correctly. We clearly have an imbalance with the system when a single village can accrue that much with so little in expenses.

Please stop breaking the site through rule interpretations for personal gain.

Village : N/A

Post by Hirano Issei Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:59 am

So the first thing I would like to address in this post is the interpretation being voted on by members of staff.

When we read the trading rules we see the following paragraph:

"Trading occurs when two or more Lands wish to exchange levels in monthly shipments to each other. For example, the Land of Fire has level five in Wood and the Land of Water only has level one. The Land of Fire can then send up to two levels of Wood in exchange for two levels of Fish, because the Land of Fire only has level one fish and the Land of Water has level five fish. Both lands will have level three in Wood and Fish, in this case, and will receive that level of income for them both for every month that trade is in effect."

There is a clear example given that explicitly states that the Land of Fire can send 'up to' two levels of wood in exchange for two levels of fish. This seems to me to be a clear indicator of the limit established for trading. I don't really see where an interpretation that you can trade more than this comes from.

This brings me to my second point associated with this interpretation, which is the morals of the situation. It is strange to me that someone who has been accused of doing something both against the rules, and morally wrong, is able to vote on whether or not what they did was against the rules or morally wrong. It's one thing for a member to exploit something they found on the forum but I see it as one of the important duties of a staff member to close up these exploits once discovered. Hell, even if I know of an exploit I'll just shitpost about it in chat until someone does something about it. That, or I'll just be a dirty snitch about it.

I would also like to address the fact that Ryuko has a history of abusing her authority as a staff member, stretching back as far as 8 years ago on another Naruto forum. I understand that 8 years is a massive amount of time and probably shouldn't be taken into consideration when it comes to judging someone's moral character, but I would like to include the situation that happened back then to build upon some other shady things I have seen this person doing as a staff member on this forum. About 8 years ago I got into an IC conflict with Ryuko's character at the time and an argument ensued in which Ryuko attempted to claim she could smell the blood of someone she knew on me despite her clan stating such a thing required an active ability and despite the fact that I had thoroughly cleaned myself of such scents and liquids. In response to this, Ryuko used her staff powers to stealth edit her clan to give herself the ability to use a form of enhanced smell to detect something that happened in another thread. Unluckily for her, the clan had been archived on wayback machine just in case a situation like this happened, and she was caught.

I find this story relevant to the situation as it shows a clear willingness to use her position as a member of staff to her advantage and because of what I intend to show next. From perusing some of the things Masaru has gotten approved on his crafter, Damien, I noticed that there was a large number of problematic items that would completely shatter game balance if they were to be allowed. I also noticed that Ryuko was the one who approved almost every single one of them. The following is a list of some of the problematic items (feel free to check Damien's crafting thread if you want proof of who approved them.)

DamienDarhk wrote:Name: Chakra Drones
    Item Rank: A
    Material Rank: A+
    Units Used: 2 Transducers, 8 Batteries, 60 feet of Copper Wire, 4 units of Ebony
    Description: Small Disc shaped devices no larger than 6 inches in diameter, that through a connection with chakra can be linked to and controlled by a Shinobi. These Drones are capable of preforming surveillance or even used in combat as they allow the user to use them as the point of origin for their Techniques. These Drones can be activated at a cost of 10 chakra each, and maintained for 3 chakra each post. A maximum of 4 can be used by the same shinobi at Once. Each drone is capable of reaching 1km away from the user, however to be used as the point of origin for jutsu they must be within 250m of the user. It comes with a small scouter which sits on the users ear and has a screen display that sits in front of one eye which can show the user video feed from the drones when they are outside of the users eyesight for surveillance. Drones move at -1 tier the users Coordination.
    Requirement: Engineering
    Crafting Time: 7 Days
    Yield: 2

This is honestly ridiculous because of the sheer ease of multiplying your simultaneous jutsu output with massive range increases.

DamienDarhk wrote:Name: From Me To You
    Function: Passive
    Price: 100k
    Description: A special formula of Damien's design, this allows the enchanted item to reciprocate any physical interaction back to the object that caused the interaction. (A punch which makes contact with the item will have the force of the punch on impact transfer back to it. A weapon would have the force of the impact transferred back to it, this can cause damage to the weapon.)
    Charges: 45 uses (90 with Platinum)

Ah yes, lets just create an enhancement that can be applied to ten or so armor pieces that allow you to reflect 45-90 instances of S rank damage upon the object striking you. I'm sure that's balanced and reasonable.

DamienDarhk wrote:Name: Stardust Staff
    Item Rank: S
    Material Rank: S+
    Units Used: 1 unit of Adamantite, 1 unit of Platinum
    Description: A specially designed staff that is attuned to nature, it can be used as a anchoring point for summons allowing the Summoner to have 1 additional S-Rank summon out at a time. This can be broken down for smaller summons instead of an S-Rank, i.e. 2 A-Ranks, etc following the guidelines for Summoning.
    Requirement: -
    Crafting Time: 14 Days
    Yield: 1
    ENCHANTMENT:
    Name: Stay with Me
    Description: When the user of the staff summons a charge is from this enchantment is instantly used, doubling the duration of posts the summon is out before the summoner must pay the cost again. This uses a charge for each summon, and if the user pays chakra to increase the duration another charge is used with it granting the same results.
    Charges: 45 (90 with platinum)

Let's just casually boost one of the strongest skills in the entire forum and make easier to get massive amounts of efficiency from your chakra and extra jutsu sources without the massive stat investment usually involved for this benefit. Very goofy.

I'm too lazy to dig this up but there is also this free + to a stat for very little investment:

Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks. 953d5926fc9c49ba8670297a5b5a505b

This also doesnt take into account the fact that Ryuko approved multiple items that were specifically for her character, which just seems generally unethical to me.

The link to the items can be found here: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3746-darhk-designs

Now we can get on to Ryukos response in this thread.

Ryuko wrote:I never thought and still don't that I was breaking anything.

This is either willful ignorance or a complete lack of understanding associated with the systems. I'm more willing to bet on the first given the attempted abuses of said systems.

You could have made plenty of money legally under the rules of the forum, but that doesn't seem to be what happened. Hell, the amount of money you could have made legally would have far exceeded that of the other villages given that they don't seem to be actively minmaxed for such things.

The other major villages seemed to just take over a minor nation, collect the base amount of resources that comes with it and call it a day.  I took a risk and started investing in everything I could to raise my income a bit higher.      

Build as many fishing boats as possible, upgrade outposts to Metropolises ect.  I had to sink a lot of money into doing this and it was a lot of risk involved since  My Trade ships had no cannons and could have been easily sacked.

I am hard pressed to believe there was much risk involved with this at all. The only thing you risk losing is a little bit of time for your village. Villages essentially produce money out of thin air in a consistent manner that is almost never interrupted barring very specific circumstances that have almost never occurred on this forum. This means that any risk to your 'investment' would just be having a slightly slower increase in your monthly income. It's not like the other villages are actively competing with you to try and leverage their wealth to have an advantage. I really don't see what you could have possibly been worried about losing. The only thing worth spending your money on is stuff that increases your monthly income and either giving wealth to your ninjas to do with what they want, or buying overpowered shit from crafters.

It took a lot of time and effort but my investment payed off.   There was nothing stopping people from copying me so I'm not sure why nobody ever did.

People wouldn't have been able to copy you because what you did was not within the rules laid out in the trade rules, and using your own position as a member of staff to rule on this subject is immoral and honestly insulting. People aren't stupid lol.

56 million a month might seem like a lot on paper but it's not when you consider that my expenses are only going to go up as I buy and build the stuff necessary to keep my territory safe and secured.  Maintaining a large army of guards, a navy and air fleet isn't cheap.  

Fleets and npc armies are irrelevant when characters can just roll through and autohit them casually to yoink their stuff. The issue involving an income of 56 million a month has nothing to do with the amount of npcs or ships you can buy, its about the amount of resources that can be funneled in to your local crafter who happens to be another admin that you conspired with to bring benefits to your characters. This is especially egregious when we consider your history of approving your own items and other attempted bypasses of the rules.

And that's not even getting into all my talk about "to the moon" which has been no joke.

moons meme plan gang gang

If we change how we interpret the war system we might as well get rid of stuff like Paved roads and Airships since no village will ever be able to afford them.

Paved roads and airships are borderline useless investments of your money and if you pay for them you either have so much money that it's irrelevant or you just want to be inefficient and waste your resources.

At best Ryuko was incompetently ignorant of how systems work on the forum and should have some form of punishment, on top of not being able to rule on anything related to these rules. At worst they actively exploited systems in a way that was not legal, conspired with another admin to approve his blatantly system breaking items, conspired with him to approve her own items, and to top it all off abused her position as a member of staff to rule on her own trial.

That's some dictator shit lmao.

Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks. IWsULYD

Hoshigaki Yui
    Hoshigaki Yui

Post by Hoshigaki Yui Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 am

Let's not try to do a site takeover again because I refuse to go that path, maybe the rules are being read wrong but in no way will I tolerate the same crap that happened a few months back where you bash an admin and create another site and threaten all sorts of actions, I won't tolerate this sam,e crap again I will not shut up this time. Do I think we cant allow that much income a month, heck no but to say you think shes some sort of tyrannical monster makes all of you seem like you are literally trying to do the same crap, hell no not again I put my foot down hard on this.

Signature:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:25 am

Hoshigaki Yui wrote:Let's not try to do a site takeover again because I refuse to go that path, maybe the rules are being read wrong but in no way will I tolerate the same crap that happened a few months back where you bash an admin and create another site and threaten all sorts of actions, I won't tolerate this sam,e crap again I will not shut up this time. Do I think we cant allow that much income a month, heck no but to say you think shes some sort of tyrannical monster makes all of you seem like you are literally trying to do the same crap, hell no not again I put my foot down hard on this.

I agree with Yui. There is no reason to attack Ryuko as a person and there is no way in hell we are splitting the community or anything drastic like that.

This is just to build a community consensus about getting the village income system rules back in balance. We all make mistakes and my goal would be for staff to correct them and commit to doing better in the future.

Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Ryuko Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:23 am

Just to make a couple things crystal clear for transparency's sake.

I stated my case to the rest of staff about how I intercepted the rules as they are written. I did not vote.

The only thing Damian has made specifically for me has been my X rank Spear and Shield which I didn't touch the moderation of. All The other items I approved are mass production stuff that is intended for sale to everyone.

To get into the specifics of the items themselves that where complained about here I'm not sure what the problem with the Drones is. They cost chakra to operate, chakra that can't be cost reduced in any way. It's not like they save you from having to cast hand signs nor are they invincible. Plus they are very limited so it's not like you can have swarms of them either.

The Stardust staff is for the most part a pretty standard cost reduction item. Instead of reducing the cost upfront on the initial casting it instead extends the duration until you have to repay the cost to keep your summon active. Considering an A-rank enchantment can do stuff like Banishing summons of its rank and below an S-rank one being able to extend the duration seems perfectly reasonable to me.

For From Me To You my interpretation of that was that is that it reciprocates damage which means the you have to take the damage in order to mirror it back.

All I can do is use my best judgment when trying to decide if something is balanced or not. Nobody's perfect in regard which is why sometimes something that gets approved by one staff member sometimes gets yanked later. None of the staff are immune to this happening.

There's a reason I don't mod jutsu much because they are some of the most complicated things on the site to judge if they are balanced or not. When I'm not sure about something I ask the other staff about what they think but sometimes it'd better to just leave it up to them from the start rather then butting in and just being in the way. If I can't be as helpful in that one category I can make up for it by doing as much other work as I can so that they don't have to worry about the other stuff.

Going forward we're still trying to figure out what changes should be made to the system. Sayuri said she'd have some suggestions in that regard for us soon so I'm waiting to see what they are.

Stats
    Strength: B
    Constitution: B
    Stamina: A-> A++ (Arch Angel's Tiara)
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Lightning, Water, Wind, Storm, Dark
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Ryuko wrote:
    Going forward we're still trying to figure out what changes should be made to the system.  Sayuri said she'd have some suggestions in that regard for us soon so I'm waiting to see what they are.  

Solution:
    You can only trade excess resources to places lacking them, and rules are to be interpreted explicitly as they are written. There will be no deviation, and certainly no personal interpretations.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Bukijutsu, Sensory, Weapon Smithing (S), Ninjutsu, Kyujutsu
    Ryo: 460,837

Post by Ashitaka_Inuzuka Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Irui wrote:
    Ryuko wrote:
    Going forward we're still trying to figure out what changes should be made to the system.  Sayuri said she'd have some suggestions in that regard for us soon so I'm waiting to see what they are.  

Solution:
    You can only trade excess resources to places lacking them, and rules are to be interpreted explicitly as they are written. There will be no deviation, and certainly no personal interpretations.

Yeah, let's not get distracted from the point here. The deal with the items is more debatable and less relevant to the problem. Also,

Yui wrote:Let's not try to do a site takeover again because I refuse to go that path, maybe the rules are being read wrong but in no way will I tolerate the same crap that happened a few months back where you bash an admin and create another site and threaten all sorts of actions, I won't tolerate this sam,e crap again I will not shut up this time. Do I think we cant allow that much income a month, heck no but to say you think shes some sort of tyrannical monster makes all of you seem like you are literally trying to do the same crap, hell no not again I put my foot down hard on this.

I don't think that we need to do anything as drastic as that. Then again, given that much of the old crew appears to be back, I'm not sure what purpose that was even supposed to serve. I wasn't present for any of the old drama. However, abuse of administrative power can't go unaddressed and should result in at the very least temporary suspension of said power.

It doesn't have to be this way, though. This topic didn't need to be the fiasco that it is. Certain people just need to admit their mistakes and fix them, and fix the part of the system that led to the mistakes.

Post by Masaru Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:47 pm

Uchiha Akihiro wrote:Let me get this immediately out of the way: this suggestion is made regarding the blatant way Ryuko is abusing the trade system to break the game's economy while Masaru is enabling her to do so because he obviously benefits from it.

Let me get this immediately out of the way: Do not assume you know me or why I do anything. You know nothing about me or why I sided with Ryuko so let's just drop that assumption right now. I sided with Ryuko on the vote for the simple fact that she is right, there is nothing in the rules stating what she did was wrong. Did I have similar intentions with Iwa? Yes, and we talked at great lengths about it. That however has nothing to do with why I voted the way I did.

Uchiha Akihiro wrote:First of all, for those who aren't familiar, here's a very simple breakdown of how resources and trading work.

I find it funny that you say it's very simple, yet hardly anyone on site understands it because it's so complicated it makes most people's head hurt. In fact you are having to explaining it, so obviously it's not so simple. which brings me to my next point

Uchiha Akihiro wrote:And I can assure you that when the War System was designed keeping this lack and excess in mind. I designed it.
    You know the saying when you 'Assume' something? If that is how it was intended to be then it should have been written as such, the way they are currently written leads me to no such conclusion.

Uchiha Akihiro wrote:Final Note: I find it extremely disappointing that I have to resort to a community post to try to turn around staff so they'll make a decision that should be obvious for anyone who isn't trying to break the game..
    Seriously disappointed right now. Do better.
    If you're disappointed it should be with yourself, since as you say you wrote most these rules. Maybe you should have made them clearer instead of Assuming everyone can just understand what you intended, simplify it for the Neanderthals like myself

Kureji Toukei wrote:If something that can easily be abused is found in the system, the general idea is to fix it. It's been done in the past before EVERYTIME, the fact that this is something only benefitting members of staff and they have to power to say "yeah there's no issue with it" and keep it the way it is is truthfully very concerning.

If you keep going down this road, it's just going to lead to another Neo-Gladius 2.0 where people aren't going to put up with that kind of abuse and migrate to somewhere else.

I'm not mad at Ryuko for using the system like this, she found the lack of wording and capitalized it to her benefit. What I am mad about is staff deeming that loophole as okay and only continue to abuse it. Very poor staff attitude and if this is really how they're approaching it, someone needs to be kicked.

It's not something only benefitting staff, anyone could have done it and I would of still sided with them for the simple fact that it was within the rules for them to do so. And I don't believe Ryuko intended on capitalizing on a loophole when she did it. As far as fixing it, we are currently discussing changes to the rules to make sure misinterpretions do not happen again.

Hirano Issei wrote:I find this story relevant to the situation as it shows a clear willingness to use her position as a member of staff to her advantage and because of what I intend to show next. From perusing some of the things Masaru has gotten approved on his crafter, Damien, I noticed that there was a large number of problematic items that would completely shatter game balance if they were to be allowed. I also noticed that Ryuko was the one who approved almost every single one of them. The following is a list of some of the problematic items (feel free to check Damien's crafting thread if you want proof of who approved them.)

DamienDarhk wrote:Name: Chakra Drones
    Item Rank: A
    Material Rank: A+
    Units Used: 2 Transducers, 8 Batteries, 60 feet of Copper Wire, 4 units of Ebony
    Description: Small Disc shaped devices no larger than 6 inches in diameter, that through a connection with chakra can be linked to and controlled by a Shinobi. These Drones are capable of preforming surveillance or even used in combat as they allow the user to use them as the point of origin for their Techniques. These Drones can be activated at a cost of 10 chakra each, and maintained for 3 chakra each post. A maximum of 4 can be used by the same shinobi at Once. Each drone is capable of reaching 1km away from the user, however to be used as the point of origin for jutsu they must be within 250m of the user. It comes with a small scouter which sits on the users ear and has a screen display that sits in front of one eye which can show the user video feed from the drones when they are outside of the users eyesight for surveillance. Drones move at -1 tier the users Coordination.
    Requirement: Engineering
    Crafting Time: 7 Days
    Yield: 2

This is honestly ridiculous because of the sheer ease of multiplying your simultaneous jutsu output with massive range increases.
    Um idk where this Assumption of yours came from but the chakra drones don't multiply your jutsu output. You still have to cast the jutsu pay the cost form the handseals, Ryuko approving them has nothing to do with her gain considering anyone can buy them from Damien and use them. They weren't designed for her or anyone specific, they were designed for anyone to use. As far as an increase to range, they have to be within 250 meters to use with a jutsu, that's not that much. Let's also not forget that this are items that can be destroyed like any other item.

DamienDarhk wrote:Name: From Me To You
    Description: A special formula of Damien's design, this allows the enchanted item to reciprocate any physical interaction back to the object that caused the interaction. (A punch which makes contact with the item will have the force of the punch on impact transfer back to it. A weapon would have the force of the impact transferred back to it, this can cause damage to the weapon.)
    Charges: 45 uses (90 with Platinum)

Ah yes, lets just create an enhancement that can be applied to ten or so armor pieces that allow you to reflect 45-90 instances of S rank damage upon the object striking you. I'm sure that's balanced and reasonable.
    Again check your facts before running your mouth, it doesn't reflect, it reciprocates meaning whatever damage you take is deal to what dealt the damage. YOU STILL TAKE THE DAMAGE, the armor that's enchanted is still damaged and can break so again what's the issue.

DamienDarhk wrote:Name: Stardust Staff
    Item Rank: S
    Material Rank: S+
    Units Used: 1 unit of Adamantite, 1 unit of Platinum
    Description: A specially designed staff that is attuned to nature, it can be used as a anchoring point for summons allowing the Summoner to have 1 additional S-Rank summon out at a time. This can be broken down for smaller summons instead of an S-Rank, i.e. 2 A-Ranks, etc following the guidelines for Summoning.
    Requirement: -
    Crafting Time: 14 Days
    Yield: 1
    ENCHANTMENT:
    Name: Stay with Me
    Description: When the user of the staff summons a charge is from this enchantment is instantly used, doubling the duration of posts the summon is out before the summoner must pay the cost again. This uses a charge for each summon, and if the user pays chakra to increase the duration another charge is used with it granting the same results.
    Charges: 45 (90 with platinum)

Let's just casually boost one of the strongest skills in the entire forum and make easier to get massive amounts of efficiency from your chakra and extra jutsu sources without the massive stat investment usually involved for this benefit. Very goofy.
    Again a mass produced item that I actually made for Damien to sell in Konoha when I made it, considering Konoha had the bonus about summoning. I can even show you the reference to it, the fact that Damien sold one to her after she approved it doesn't mean shit. That was something that happened ic and is no way related to her approval of the item.

I'm too lazy to dig this up but there is also this free + to a stat for very little investment:

Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks. 953d5926fc9c49ba8670297a5b5a505b

This also doesnt take into account the fact that Ryuko approved multiple items that were specifically for her character, which just seems generally unethical to me.

The link to the items can be found here: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3746-darhk-designs
    Um this was approved on Neo-gladius Ryuko approved the resubmission of it, it as also been discussed in staff chat that it was acceptable so once again you should check your facts. The item Sero refers to is the "Moonspire Estate" which if you look is the name of Damien's resident, it was made for him and I offered to replicate it to those that bought it off of him. Don't really see a single extra + is an issue, and apparently neither did Nyg so.

Hirano Issei

Village : N/A

Post by Hirano Issei Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:13 pm

Masaru, there is literally a 4 line paragraph that completely removes any possibility of there being an interpretation in which Ryuko would be allowed to do what she did. It is explicitly stated what the limit to trading is, but neither you or Ryuko seem to be reading or considering anything related to that in this thread even though it has been brought up like 3 or 4 times.

"Trading occurs when two or more Lands wish to exchange levels in monthly shipments to each other. For example, the Land of Fire has level five in Wood and the Land of Water only has level one. The Land of Fire can then send up to two levels of Wood in exchange for two levels of Fish, because the Land of Fire only has level one fish and the Land of Water has level five fish. Both lands will have level three in Wood and Fish, in this case, and will receive that level of income for them both for every month that trade is in effect."

Using you and Ryuko's logic for a moment when it comes to your drones, there is nowhere where it explicitly states that you cannot utilize simultaneous jutsu through these drones at normal cost. By definition this would allow for simultaneous jutsu usage on top of the silly 250 meter range increase on techniques that could be made extremely broken if given increased ranges.

When it comes to your 'reciprocation' enhancement, I don't think you understand basic concepts of physics. If you were to strike something with a certain amount of force and that object you struck simultaneously reciprocates that much force back, then the forces would be canceled. If we want to go by your incorrect logic, I could just enchant a gauntlet with that enchantment and punch someone in the face for double the force of my punch because the force of impact of that punch would cause one set of damage, and the "equal and opposite reaction" of striking them would be transferred into the gauntlet and then sent back via the enchantment. If you want to make your intended concepts clearer then you should improve the clarity of your writing for these items.

Honestly I don't care about the intent of where the staff was going to be sold. The biggest problem I have with it is the sheer fact that you thought it was a balanced item in the first place. Neither of you seem to address anything of substance in your responses and you blatantly ignore any arguments to the contrary. Perhaps it's my fault for accusing you two of shady actions, but the fact is that these systems are not particularly hard to understand, nor are they able to be abused in the way that Ryuko attempted to abuse them. You can keep plugging your ears and going "lalala" if you want, but it's blatantly obvious that none of the site agrees with you two.

Can we stop breaking the site? Thanks. IWsULYD

Satomi
    Satomi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Ryo: 600,000

Post by Satomi Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:27 pm

A lot has been said already. But this shouldn't be allowed even if its loophole. For balancd sake this is absolutely crazy. I didn't say anything at first because I figured staff would look into it immediately because of how egregious it is. But breaking breaking the game is kind of a moral choice and we just hope that our mods and admins keep the flow even. Not exploit it.

Stamina: A
    Speed: S
    Coordination: B+ (Wealthy)
    Intelligence: B
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:35 pm

Masaru wrote: Don't really see a single extra + is an issue, and apparently neither did Nyg so.

For the record this is inaccurate.

I have voiced my concerns repeatedly about that in staff chat. I specifically said I was unhappy about this.

Here's proof that I adamantly opposed it:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Anyways this has gone on long enough and the community has had the opportunity to voice their concerns. This is devolving into a level of toxicity that is unproductive so I'm now going to go ahead and lock this topic. We've exhausted discussion on this and other subjects regarding the approval of certain customs. There is nothing else to say on the topic.

Staff will confer and make a plan of action to deal with these issues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:52 am