Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Nurse for a Day.

Anonymous

Nurse for a Day. Empty Nurse for a Day.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:52 pm

Mission details.:

One hundred and ninety centimetres of medical ninja walked through the academy’s front entrance; crimson hair tied up into a bun hidden underneath a hair net. Her attire was utterly and completely different than what she would normally wear. Black bodysuit and gauntlets were gone, replaced by a simple white scrub separated into trousers and shirt. It had been a few weeks since Fujikawa’s graduation yet here she was, back at the academy sooner than expected.

“Fujikawa? Is that you?” the Nurse for a Day turned, flat bottomed shoes kicking up a small cloud of dust, coming face to face with her rapidly approaching former teacher. A wide grin was worn on his face as he rushed over, hand raised in a greeting.

“What brings you back to the ol’ stomping grounds eh?” His hand was extended forth in a handshake before being firmly gripped, shaken in a mutual greeting between old associates.

“Oh, nothing too serious. Your nurse is attending personnel business and I was asked to lend a hand. Felt like a good opportunity. I already know the academy and am a medical ninja after all.” Fujikawa laughed warmly, pulling back from the handshake to slap him firmly upon the shoulder, guffawing all the while.

“I see I see! Well, given your expertise I am sure you will do fine. I trust you know where the nurse’s office is. I need to get to class. Good luck Fujikawa.” The two Shinobi parted ways, Genin heading towards the office and Chunin towards their classroom.

The office was a clean and well-equipped seeming thing. A brief exploration of the supplies revealed everything she could possibly need. Bandages, splints, painkillers, antiseptic, burn kits, plasters, gloves and pretty much anything any self-respecting academy nurse could need. Fujikawa simply could not think of anything else she could need, at least not without getting into the realm of the super specific.

However, only an hour into her watch the first patients came in. A teacher, or some other member of staff, rushed in with a student clutching a wound.

“Nurse? Kunai accident. Student cut himself.” Fujikawa rose from her seat and withdrew a pair of disposable gloves from a nearby box, slipping them over her hands. She briskly walked towards the patient, guiding the whimpering and sniffling student down into a chair. A brief inspection revealed that it was nothing painful and most vitally, the Kunai had not broken off inside the wound.

“Next time, do not remove the Kunai.” From a nearby drawer, the temporary nurse snatched a roll of bandages, a bottle of antiseptic liquid but most importantly, two clothes. She sat back down in the chair opposite the slowly quieting child, having gotten used to the pain. It was unfortunate then, that what came next was going to hurt like hell.

“Bite down onto this please.” Fujikawa extended the first cloth, folded over itself, towards the young student. They took the cloth and chomped down upon it, holding it between their pearly whites with as much force as it took to hold it in place. Then came the pain. Fujikawa pressed the second cloth, coated in antiseptic, over the wound. Immediately it was stained crimson, pressed against the wound, and the boy’s eyes began to water.

“Just hold on until the bleeding stops. I’m doing this to prevent infection and stem the bleeding.” Fujikawa was rather annoyed at the teacher who had brought this student here. Their foolishness in yanking the Kunai out, potentially causing additional bleeding on the way out, and not doing anything to stem the bleeding. She knew the teacher was not a medical ninja, but a little basic common sense would not have gone amiss.

She pulled the cloth away, checking to see that the majority of the bleeding had stopped and then simply cleaned up the dry blood, before lobbing the blood-stained cloth into a nearby disposal bin. She unfurled the bandage and tightly wrapped it around the youth’s arm, using it to hold in place an absorbent mass of cotton, before tying a knot.

“I realise that must have been very painful for you, but you were very brave. Good job.” Compared to how boisterous and loud she normally was, Fujikawa spoke in a softer tone as she removed her gloves and threw them into the same bin as the cloth had been. The proper disposal of medical waste was an important aspect of medical care. A clean hospital was a sanitary hospital and sanitation was VERY important in preventative measures. Ounce of prevention was worth a pound of cure and all that.

“Take care alright? Feel free to return if there are any issues. There is a jar of lollipops by the door. Feel free to take one for doing a great drop.” And with one final sniffle, a nod and goodbyes, the duo of teacher and student returned to class. The rest of the day was rather peaceful, filled with Fujikawa writing the paperwork and the occasional member of staff popping in to catch up with their former student.

The day passed oddly quickly, and peacefully once that first little incident was all over and done with. It was only a brief chat, intended to ensure she knew what had transpired and to explain the absence of some medical supplies, with the official nurse that kept Fujikawa from leaving but once that was over and done with, she was free to take her leave and collect her fee.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:19 pm