Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Refined Nightmare (Sero)

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

A Refined Nightmare (Sero) Empty A Refined Nightmare (Sero)

Post by Akari Chinoike Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Mission Name: Protect The Emporium
    Mission Rank: B
    Theater of War: N/A
    Relevant Plot NPCs Nope
    Mission Goal: Exterminate the individuals who are trying to destroy the Emporium
    Description: A group of missing nin are attempting to destroy the Emporium, their camp has been located and scouted. Go out and exterminate them, no survivors.
    Payment: 25,000
    Maximum Number of Participants: 4

-

Why did people go to such great lengths for their stupidity? Case in point, a gaggle of missing nin had decided to get together and bring down the giant floating city in the sky. Because that was a good idea right? Let's go destroy something, and in the process perhaps have something go horribly wrong and have thousands of tons of debris come crashing down atop them. Not to mention the fact that the Heavenly Emporium was very much neutral ground for all shinobi nations during the war that had kicked off about a year ago, give or take a month or so. So of course that meant that the shinobi of the world would have a vested interested in ensuring that the Emporium was not destroyed. It sheltered refugees, merchants of all flavours, and provided a place for people injured to recover. It had meeting halls for diplomatic meetings, hospitals, shops, restaurants, and in general was a melting pot of people from multiple nations.

And some idiots wanted to bring it down and didn't think that would have repercussions?

"Stupid.." Madrigal said himself as he stood tall among three others. All of whom were quite dead. See, with the Heavenly Emporium always moving, missions from it had a meeting point decided based on it's route and the location of the mission task. As such Madrigal was waiting for his mission partner at said predisposed meeting point with a large force of missing nin only about a half a kilometer away to Madrigal's north. What was surprising was that the group was smart enough to send out scouts, and a group had been at their meeting ground location, moving through the woods quickly. Of course Madrigal took the liberty of ensuring that their meeting zone was clear and free of hostiles. He wouldn't want his partner to be ambushed now would he?

Madrigal was dressed in a custom fitted black suit with a red tie. A red scarf, not fully wrapped around his neck but trailing down his front, effectively framing the tie, was his only ornamentation. His long black hair hung down to his lower back and his well tailored suit and dress pants matched his leather shoes as well. It was important to note that despite the dead corpses around him, not a single drop of blood was on him, or even amiss from them. Their deaths would appear to have been completely natural from the outside perspective. The 6'5 man's stark white eyes and acute ears would keep his senses open for any approaching individuals although the eyes wouldn't be activated. He didn't need them for the moment. No, Madrigal would simply be straightening out the cuffs on his suit while standing in the center of the three bodies that surrounded him. His normal glasses, which he wore strictly for adornment would be absent. He didn't wear them on missions, too easy for something to break them and injure an eye.
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : N/A

A Refined Nightmare (Sero) Empty Re: A Refined Nightmare (Sero)

Post by Sero Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:59 pm

Sero had been kept at the emporium after the bandits had been dealt with to ensure that any more attempts on the emporium had him at the ready. He wasn't assigned there indefinitely but a few days to ensure all was well. There was a house on the edge of the emporium that had been set aside for him. So close to the edge that if an attack hit the edge of the stone floating mass where his home was it would likely collapse with it. However this provided a lovely view. It had to be that way though so his mere presence didn't drive others to the brink of madness in their sleep. They were yet to find a way to turn off his aura so they had simply placed him as far away from the majority of the population as possible. Which suited Sero just fine. It was far more comfortable than the cave and didn't smell like the hospital. He had spent the better part of twenty years with hardly any company so this was simply another living space to him. He took no offense to the fear others held of him. He thrived on it in the end.

However there was a new threat. A mission assigned to Sero with a partner similar to the bandits but with a more credible threat this time. Missing ninja were trying to make a name for themselves it seemed. More fools to the slaughter. He had been ordered to dispatch immediately and ensure each and every one of them were dead. Punished for their insolence. He was to be given another mission partner for this one as well to help with tracking their prey. Their camp already scouted and located of course but having someone with anything related to sensory aided greatly in any combat situation. Sero was just a walking being of death so whoever had been paired with him likely held the crucial abilities they needed to succeed. Sero would quickly turn on the tap for his sink before sticking his hand under the running water. Making sure to hydrate himself for the fight to come for a couple of minutes of absorbing every drop. It simply wouldn't do to not be at a hundred percent. As soon as it was done he would exit his home and leave it unlocked. He had no belongings to speak of so he cared not if anyone could enter.

Sero would walk to the edge of the emporium and simply step off of it. Falling to the ground before hitting it and puddling for a moment. Emerging from the puddle in human form once more. He was wearing white pants over bare feet and a black v neck shirt with a high collar. A long white coat hung down to his knees. No weapons were visible on his person though his hair hung wild on top of his head with bangs draping down around cold blue eyes. The hair matching the eyes in color. He would roll his neck as a bone jaw jutted out of the right side of his face. Marking him easily as a Kaguya. Still it was a good hundred meters to the meeting point and he would begin walking. It only took a few moments before Madrigal would notice changes in the forest. One moment there was the sounds of typical life in the forest and the next all was silent and still. Not a single bug or bird moved. He would see Sero approaching before he ever felt him. Sero would stop nin meters away as soon as his aura would hit. It was as if there was a great beast stalking through the forest suddenly to anyone within ten meters. Some dark thing filled with hunger and hunting. Like the human before him was just for appearance sake but there was truthfully a monster there.

"I see you have begun without me. I am Jaakuna Sero of Kirigakure. I will be assisting our targets with their passage to the underworld today." His voice was cold but just from the sensation he gave off, it was as if he wasn't human at all so likely the suggestion that he would be killing today held no doubt.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Madrigal would note the moment the forest went silent. The birds, quieted, the animals ceased moving about. It was a dead stillness in the air except for the footsteps of a single individual approaching. His senses, being as highly attuned as they were, picked them up easily when it was the only sound one could hear. Madrigal turned his attention in the location to see a man about half a foot or so shorter than him approaching step by step. His mission partner had arrived it would seem. The man had blue hair, blue eyes, and what seemed to be half of a jawbone attached to the outside of his actual jaw. Madrigal studied the man carefully, his eyes taking in every aspect physically. Given they weren't active at that moment he wouldn't be able to see the tainted chakra of the man before him. At least, not yet, but when he stepped past the ten meter mark, settling on standing nine meters away Madrigal would suddenly an oppressive force in the air.  Like a predator was stalking him from somewhere unseen.  The hairs on the back of Madrigal neck would rise but the man would drop into his Gentle Fist stance, a grounded stance with his legs, arms extended before him one slightly more than the other with his palms open.

Immediately he'd activate his Byakugan to survey the area and the world without twenty kilometers simply, changed. All was visible to him, from every bug on a tree, to every bird in the sky. As well as the worms, gophers, and other such creatures below the ground. Madrigal could see each and every missing ninja in the camp and the surrounding area, doing a quick count in his head he'd count fourteen in camp, plus another three man scout team to the north. That meant there had been twenty given the three he himself had already executed. What drew Madrigal's attention was the appearance of that aura to his eyes. It was emanating from his partner. The man's chakra coils were black and a bestial but untamed force seemed to writhe within him that was sensed more than seen. Even with his byakugan active. Taking a quick look Madrigal could see that Sero wouldn't be able to turn this aura off, his coils were literally black in colour and no technique or art he had ever heard of could change that.

Stepping out of his stance and deactivating his Byakugan the Hyuga would nod toward his blue haired comrade. "I did indeed, we found each other as I arrived. I am Madrigal, and I'll be joining you in that endeavor. Interesting chakra you have there. I've never seen or heard of anything like it." He would say. His tone was polite enough but the constant assault on the psyche the aura of the man was giving off was making it difficult to stay that way. Of course he'd implied he'd always had the byakugan in his statement of 'never seeing anything like it'. He'd basically had to at that point otherwise he'd imply he hadn't always had it and that had the ability to start leading down some uncomfortable questions. "Seventeen targets, three are in a scout team to the north, parallel to this one. The rest are in the camp about a half kilometer due north of us. The scout team is a half kilometer beyond that." He would say, giving his partner the relevant information. "Shall we?" He would ask, an eyebrow raised in curiosity. The aura this man gave off wasn't affecting his mannerisms yet, but that would change over time. He could see himself becoming more reserved the more time he spent near him. Never impolite, but certainly much less talkative as a whole.
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Sero Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:15 am

Sero would watch the man enter a fighting stance and his fingers would twitch. His eyes narrowing. If this one chose to attack him...He would retaliate of course. Still the stance was new to Sero. His head would tilt as he examined it. It looked like a good stance for precision strikes. However his attention would quickly shift to the eyes as the byakugan activated. Looking into those eyes he could feel it. Like no secrets could be kept from it. As if it saw all he was and more. The veins running out from his eyes and the color of it told the story. The famous byakugan. He had never seen it before himself but he had read of it. The eyes were as famous as the Uchiha after all. Still did that mean he had been teamed up with someone from Konoha now? Unlike with Kumo at least this one was supposed to be an ally. So leaving his body here with the missing nin wouldn't do him any favors. Still it wasn't as if Sero could remain perfectly calm in the face of a threat. He wouldn't attack him first but should this one try him...he was in for a harsh lesson.

There was a tension in the air for a moment as great violence was on the verge of happening. The bodies around them forgotten as two different types of beasts would stand facing each other. Neither one doubting their capabilities and fully ready to take down the other. However it would be madrigal who came to his composure first. He would report what all he had found which raised one eyebrow for Sero. He had clearly held eye contact the whole time the byakugan was active. Yet he had the enemy position for a great distance in a different direction. Down to their numbers and position. Sero had to admit he was impressed. The last sensor nin he had been partnered with had some capabilities but he had to be considerably closer and touching the ground. Sero would glance in the direction indicated as if expecting to see enemies so far away. When the question of if they should continue was posed to him he would look back to the tall man. He had relaxed from his fighting stance and the byakugan was gone. So he had felt Sero as a threat but had relaxed after a moment.

"My chakra is....a topic for another time. The Byakugan correct? I have read of it but never truly understood it's capabilities. As for the groups of enemies. Normally some would suggest attacking the scouts first but with three of them if one of them got off a warning to the rest they would be on guard and coming for us. I intend to hit the main group first and kill or scatter most of them. I will need you to inform me when we are withing sixty meters of them. Tell me Mr. Madrigal, Can you tell which elements they had? It determines who I engage first after the initial attack."

He spoke calmly and with a cold indifference to the idea of killing people. Sero would step over the bodies and begin walking north as directed towards the camp. His hands would fold in front of him with his sleeves coming together so those hands were hidden. At the very least he appeared to be confident. However this time they were dealing with missing nin. He wanted to be more careful in the event of more elements or sensor nin. If they got within a passive sensory distance the moment they sensed Sero there would be panic. He knew this from experience.

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:18 pm

Madrigal would listen to the man's words, but his chakra was clearly what was making the strange and oppressive feeling to Madrigal. He had never felt this kind of feeling before and the only thing different in the are than normal would be Sero's chakra system with it's strange dark chakra coils and bestial, untamed feel to it. However he wasn't attacking him and they were assigned this mission together anyway. Still, the man's very aura was spine tingling and Madrigal felt himself effectively shut down unconsciously. Not physically, he didn't black out. However he felt himself walling himself off to a degree from the emotional aspect of feeling that kind of oppressive aura. At his partners words he would nod confirming his suspicion. "The Byakugan indeed, unfortunately I cannot see their elemental alignments. I can however of course tell you when we are that close." He would say, unable to give the man the information he desired. "If you tell me what you need to avoid or focus on, I can shift my targets immediately to ensure they are removed from play when their capabilities present themselves." He would continue.

All in all this mission wouldn't be particularly difficult, eliminate a bunch of missing nin who were too stupid to leave well enough alone. Then move along, he'd end up finishing this mission and then moving on toward Kirigakure soon enough. Where he would hopefully transfer into their shinobi corps. "Let's move along shall we? I stopped by the Emporium on the way to Kirigakure to join their shinobi forces and I really should continue on the way." He would say with a jerk of his head toward the group a half kilometer out. "I'll lead, I'll take us around any traps." He would say before beginning to move off. toward the group, his byakugan coming back to existence so that he could see any potential traps in their path and lead them around it. The longer he spent in Sero's aura to more closed off he would become he felt. In general becoming colder, although probably no less polite. Just very 'short' with everyone.
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:14 pm

Sero would listen as the man revealed that he could not sense elements with the legendary byakugan. A weakness Sero had not previously been aware of. How interesting that a sensory type doujutsu was limited more so than the sensory techniques he had previously encountered. However the range on it appeared to be more impressive. He could ascertain enemies with ease while they were a considerable distance away. Even if elements couldn't be sensed keeping track of enemy troop movements helped immensely on a battlefield. Any time that a known enemy was approaching or being hunted a Byakugan would surely help in that regard. Sero couldn't help but be impressed. However he did not wish to approach an unknown force with no information on if they had elemental strengths against him. Not when he didn't have to. Lessening their numbers with a surprise strike from a distance was preferable. He had just the jutsu to do it in mind but the surrounding damage would be incredible. Luckily there weren't any villages, outposts or even farms out here. Likely the missing nin did not wish anyone coming across them so there was no threat of civilian casualties. Not to mention the man with him would have detected them by now.

Speaking of the Hyuga with him insisted on taking lead and Sero did not argue. If anything he was more curious about his other statement. So this man was going to join the shinobi forces? It was rather shocking that Konoha would let go of someone so potent but Kiri was an ally supposedly. Perhaps a ninja exchange program was on the table. However that meant that Konoha would have the perfect set of eyes in Kiri that could observe everything. Certainly an ideal spy. However Sero would shrug it off and speak. His voice calm as he watched the Hyuga from behind.

"Once we are within sixty meters if they haven't sensed us it will be too late for the main group. Since you already started I assume you won't mind if I dispatch of the next group or at least disorient and wound them. Once we are within sixty meters though do not step much closer for your own safety. If you wish to Join Kiri I will demonstrate how Kiri deals with its enemies here for you. If you wish, you are free to engage the other scouts when they come running to their allies. Believe me they will."

Sero would look in the supposed direction of both groups. They were far enough away he couldn't see them. However as he walked his bare feet would leave charred marks on the ground. He was getting excited and his heat was rising. Blue eyes glowing in the shadows at the idea of doing what he was designed for. Still he wished to also show the capabilities of his own nation and guild. Not a full demonstration of their power but enough to impress preferably. All while revealing nothing of his own abilities other than one elemental affinity that had nothing to do with either of his bloodlines or his Bijuu. The suggestion that he handle the scouts also held another purpose. Allowing Sero to see his capabilities and include it in his information files. Perhaps even recruit him if he turned out to be highly capable. A close range fighter was needed in his guild for the time being and being able to track their targets at that range was.....desirable.

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:02 pm

Madrigal could see the man's eyes upon him from behind as they traveled, the man not within his blind spot given the height difference. He listened to his claims of the group before them being dead already when they reached sixty meters away and the long haired man nodded in acknowledgement of the statement. Very well then, sixty meters away from the main group it was then. It was entirely possible that they had a sensor amongst them and would pick up on them quite a bit sooner than that but in the off chance that they did not have one then this would be cleared with enough time to go for lunch. The offer for Sero to demonstrate how 'Kirigakure deals with it's enemies.' would be interesting to see pan out. Madrigal was no stranger to killing personally, the three corpses they just left behind were proof enough of that. So the man had no issue with letting Sero demonstrate such. "Very well then, sixty meters away it'll be. I doubt we'll get that close before someone senses us though. I can't imagine a group this size has no sensors of their own." He would say, warning the man prior so that he wasn't surprised if it turned out that the group did indeed have a sensor amongst them.

The travel would take a few moments, their targeted destination took about fifty five seconds for them to reach and once they reached it Madrigal could clearly see one of the men perk up and look toward them with surprise. "One pinged us as we hit the sixty meter point. If you work fast you can still get them." He would warn, watching as the man began to give a warning to his comrades. They were traveling from the same direction as their southern scout team, meaning the team had to have been dead or at least unconscious before they could have gotten to this point. With the group now warned Sero would have to act fact to take them out from this range and some might survive now that they were warned in advance that an attack was probably forthcoming. That was fine though, it would be give Madrigal more to do. The original three scouts he had killed hadn't lasted long and another group of three probably wouldn't survive long against him either.
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Sero would walk with him for a time. He shifted his head as he rolled his neck. Bones cracking audibly as he had a little twitch of excitement. A giant was awakening within him and he could feel the power surging. Feel it coming from deep within. The urge to kill. To hunt, to maim. It was all a design to him. A game that he played. Like an artist on their canvas. Each stroke of the brush bringing new life to a scene. He would kill them in much the same way. A walking horror to them. He was sent here to punish because that was all Sero did. However with only one focus he had excelled at it. He enjoyed his work though to him it wasn't cruelty. It was punishment for the wicked. People who would threaten what Kiri chose to protect. This Hyuga was a valuable bit that Kiri could use. His power to kill three trained men without a mark on him and his sensory to detect from so far away were invaluable. So Sero would show him he had chosen the mighty. He had chosen those with power to side with and if Kiri would have him, so would Sero.

They stopped sixty meters away and it seemed that the educated guess the other man had made was right. The enemy had a sensor nin. They only had a small window of time before....well even if they tried to run now there was no where to go. No where to escape to. Sero was on their trail now. However heeding the advice given to him from the Hyuga Sero would step forward. A low growl filled the area as he got within fifty five meters of his intended target. The woods all around them casting shadows. However if the Hyuga was watching Sero's face would shift momentarily. His lower face turning dark and transparent like murky water to reveal a jaw there with the appearance of a chesire smile. Though Sero did not let that smile meet his cold blue eyes. Instead his hands would lift as he began forming hand seals. Rat → Dog → Tiger → Horse → Dragon → Ram → Dragon. Once it was done he would turn sideways and raise his right hand palm forward. A small ball of green forming in front of his palm before suddenly it zipped away from him between the tree's. Careful to avoid touching anything in a straight line.

There was only a second as the green ball of flame flew through the woods and then suddenly there was an explosion that rocked the forest and created a hot gust of wind that whipped Sero's cloak back and forth. A wall of green fire rushed forward as if erupting out of the ground in every direction from the impact point for fifty meters. Tree's and brush being wiped away in the powerful blaze as the terrain before Sero five meters in front of him soon became a barren wasteland with small bits of green fire burning here and there. What had been a forest a mere two seconds before was now more like a war zone. Fire crackled around Sero framing his body as he turned and looked to his companion. One word spoken in a question as his face returned to normal. That bone filled smile fading away.

"Survivors?"

-10 chakra:

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 am

Sero would heed his warning and activate a jutsu after a long series of hand seals. Some in the camp were doing seals of their own however and as the green ball of fire zipped through the trees to it's destination earthen walls would spring up from the ground. The walls only blocked a few of the men however and otherwise were moving to try to behind them. Of course this didn't happen anywhere near fast enough as the green ball of fire impacted and the firestorm began. Madrigal would remain five meters behind Sero, knowing the man wouldn't purposefully damage himself and so knowing that anywhere behind the man would therefore be safe from any possible attack. The green fire scorched tree's and turned the area into blackened foliage. Madrigal would see the smile on the man, the jaw appearing in a murkyish appearing lower jaw. The smile wouldn't touch the man's eyes and it would disappear as quickly as it appeared as he asked the simply one word question.

Madrigal's Byakugan scouted, the earthen walls had held, two of them, five individuals total, three behind one, two another. "Five, the sensor brought up a wall and another followed his lead. Some were behind them but most were not. Counting the scouts that leaves eight. The five behind the walls are already moving toward us." He would say calmly and after a slow count of three the five individuals would be there. Three were woman, two were men. They looked at them angrily and Madrigal dropped into a gentle fist stance. The men would take their own taijutsu stances, strong stances like his own. Theirs was of the Arhat Fist however, a stance that he was familiar with and would have no trouble fighting against. The women all begin channeling chakra for ninjutsu and Madrigals Byakugan took in the information easily. The three began to perform hand seals as the men ran toward him, the movements a bit jerkier than normal due to that oppressive feeling that his partner was  giving off but coming at him all of the same.

Stuff:

Ryo: 171,375
    Stats:

• Stamina: C
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: D

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: N/A
    Link to Known Techniques: See Character Updates.
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:37 pm

Sero would glance at the man with the impressive eyes. He mentioned that five of them survived. This would earn a small smile from Sero. Good. These ones would prove more of a challenge than some silly bandits. As was expected of someone trained to be a shinobi. Why they were so foolish as to go after the emporium was beyond him but he didn't care for their reasons anyway. His orders were to eliminate the threat. So that was what he was doing. The fires flickered green around them before smoldering away. It was ninjutsu so the threat of fire spreading out of control was minimal. Still it let them see clearly the five approaching. Cold blue eyes would regard them as they hesitated but formed ranks. Taijutsu fighters to the front and ninjutsu support to the back. Typical squad behavior. The two men had chosen to use their physical power while the women had other ideas in mind. Clearly they were angry over their fallen comrades. Their anger overcoming their fear. For now at least. Still it was clear that by them only taking stances they were stalling. Probably trying to buy time for back up to arrive.

Sero would let out a breath as if irritated by the sight of them. Speaking calmly. "I'll leave the taijutsu specialists to you to play with. I look forward to seeing something interesting. As for the three support units in the back. I'll handle it. Likely one of them is the sensor nin and we can't have them dictating the tactics here." With that Sero would step forward. Blackened earth cracking under foot as he walked calmly forward. Not sprinting or charging. Not even putting up a barrier. Just walking straight at them. Once he moved forward only a few meters the two taijutsu users charged forward with an enraged roar. One kicking high with a wide kick and the other sliding low. However as both hits seemed to connect they would simply pass right through the man. Leaving the two fighters sprawling in shock. Looking back at Sero as one shouted out.

"He's a Hozuki! Watch out!"

One of the women would flinch as she made eye contact with Sero. She saw only death there and her ninjutsu sputtered and failed as she took a step back. The step triggering the jutsu in the wrong direction back the way they came as an earth spike tore along the ground behind her. The other two however would use a combined jutsu tactic to begin sending rocks flying at Sero. Smashing into him and each other as they built a ball around him. Burying him within. The two began to pant as their jutsu finished. The one who flinched would look at the ball a moment before her eyes widened. She tried to warn them.

"Watch out! He wasn't affected by..!"

it was too late. Sero had turned to water and seeped between the cracks to get out before emerging. As she had sensed him he was already making hand signs. Dog, rabbit, dragon. As he finished, he would point his index finger at her. "Found you." he said before firing three bullets made of bone into her throat. Blood being coughed up as she dropped to her knee's and began to choke. One of them rushed to her side and the other stood there in disbelief.

"A Hozuki and a Kaguya? It's....it's not possible....."

Bone bullets - 5 chakra

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:39 am

Madrigal would nod at his blue haired companions words before the Taijutsu users each made a shadow clone and all four rushed him. With the chakra spread even it wasn't possible to see the differences in the clones and the originals. Although he knew them all the same due to their lack of any form of of subtlety. The faster of the two reach him first and he simply deflected the forward palm thrust by pushing on the outside of the arm and sending the man's force to the left and aside from Madrigal, this caused the clone to run head first into a tree with all of the force of his own blow behind it and the distinctive 'puff' of smoke enveloped him. The smoke cloud temporarily blocked his opponents vision of him, but it did nothing to Madrigal's and he acted immediately by firing a Vacuum Palm at the second clone and sending the man flying back into one of the originals who ran into it, both their respective impact forces being enough to dispel the clone. Not before the clone transferred that impact force back onto the man who ran into him. Ninja Newtons laws and all.

The resulting impact would cancel out the man's own force and knock him to the ground which left only one more for him to deal with. This one took some time, but all in all Madrigal had no issues keeping up with the man as he deflected blows, left and right, defending himself and never seeming to attack. Eventually the man, heavily breathing and seemingly on his last legs would look at his hands as if to ask 'What's wrong with me?'. Madrigal of course, always polite, explained. "Every time I touch you, I seal a tenketsu, and I've been sealing them with every block and counter, with every tenketsu I seal, I drain more and more of your chakra." He would say, prompting the man to look at him with fear before Madrigal moved, far faster than before and snaked a strike through the man's hasty guard and struck him once in the heart. The man would suddenly clench his heart in pain before falling to his knees and falling over, quite dead.

At that point Madrigal would move over to the other form on the ground, the one who met a speeding clone and..tied he guessed? either way, he would kneel there and hit the same spot near his heart and the man's chest would spasm and he would awaken with a start, gripping his chest where his heart was before he too very back, silent and with his eyes glazed over, death evident within them. Of course the Hyuga would have watched Sero's little show as well, for nothing was hidden from the All-Seeing Eye. The interesting fusion of two bloodlines was quite something to see. He wondered how they actually melded but he supposed that was a secret that Sero would probably not want advertised and besides, everyone was entitled to their secrets. "The scouts are almost here." He would say as his eyes easily caught sight of the team of three coming toward them quickly. One of them had a much higher chakra signature than any in this group and the Hyuga made note of it. "Large chakra source, their leader was potentially with the other scout team." He would say simply as he faced the direction the team was coming from and waited patiently, he could see them clearly with his eyes and so he wasn't in any rush.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Sero would smile as they recognized their folly but for all their efforts it was too late. Of course they always fought at first but there was a moment he rather enjoyed. The moment when the wicked realized they could never have prevailed. That their sinful ways only lead to their destruction. One of them was trying to stop the bleeding of her friend who clutched her with fear in her eyes as she died slowly. Choking as she gasped for air where only blood came. Had they been innocents perhaps he would have cared. However for them this was simply justice. The one facing him drew out a knife in a shaking hand as his blue eyes turned to her. Shadows would stretch as he stepped forward again. Her lip trembled as she began to sob. There was nothing she could do to survive this. The knife in her hand was meaningless. Her jutsu were meaningless. She couldn't protect her friends and it hit her. She was going to die here. She turned and moved to stumble away. Abandoning her allies as she tried to flee. However Sero would not allow this. He would sigh as she was moving in a panic and not very quickly.

Without a word he would begin to form hand seals. Rat, dog, tiger, scorpion and finished it with snake. Amplifying the technique as out from his back a fifteen meter long tail with long blades along it made of bone would erupt forth. Hovering a moment before Sero crossed his arms. The woman didn't get more than six meters before it slammed forward at C rank speed like a viper. Snagging her up as her blood splattered across the tree's. She gurgled in pain as it wrapped around her. Piercing her in a dozen places all the way through before with a sudden yank it would tear her apart. With that done his companion would inform him that the scouts were almost there and their boss was with them. He would look over the clean work he had managed of the taijutsu specialists. He had missed the combat but not a mark was on him and neither of the dead men had a spot of blood to them either. His version of killing was much cleaner than Sero's. Classy even. Sero would look to him a moment before his tail shot out and its blades would jab into the shoulders of the last girl.

He would drag her screaming in front of him before he would hold his hand over her mouth. She tried to bite him but only served his purpose further. As her mouth opened a section of his hand about the size of a tennis ball would turn to water and fill her mouth. Keeping her from breathing. He controlled it to keep her from swallowing it as he shifted it between him and the direction the last three were coming from. Speaking over his shoulder to his compatriot.

"Then let us see if they are fools. Their lives are forfeit but if they try and negotiate for the girl perhaps it will provide an opening. If not at least we have a shield. I look forward to seeing what the enemy comes up with for this situation. Don't you?"

-5 chakra first tail of the lost ones
    -5 chakra amplification technique

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:34 am

As his eyes showed him all within the battlefield he would see the swift work that Sero had performed on his targets and the woman that had tried to get away hadn't run nearly fast enough to do so as the scorpion like tail that his partner had spawned stabbed her brutally in the back before wrapping around her and pulling her back. A hostage then, fair enough. As she struggled to try to get free, even going so far as to try to bite her captor in a desperate last ditch effort she would suddenly find herself gagged by the water that was now within her mouth and refusing to go down her throat. No doubt some form of manipulation by the blue haired man. Her muffled cries would slowly cease as she decided to wisely conserve what air she did have. At Sero's words Madrigal would would simply nod before simply waiting patiently within his Gentle Fist Stance.

The three man team arrived after a short wait, the three men having to close the distance from where they had been but it would be quite clear they were too late. Madrigal watched the looks upon their faces as they came within sight of the blast zone from Sero's earlier fire attack. The tightening or the faces as anger was restrained. The clenching of fists until knuckles turned white as rage ran through them. That was good, their anger would cause them to make mistakes. As they closed the distance the three men stopped, settling on three different trees above them. The leader took one look at Madrigal, the suit momentarily drawing the eye before turning toward the man with the hostage. The leader was a large man, almost as tall as Madrigal and broader of shoulder. Faint trails of smoke escaped his nostrils, clear evidence of a fire user if there was any as Madrigal had seen no lit cigarette or cigar during their entire travel there.

The man would speak, his voice deep, and laced with a burning hatred for the man who held the woman hostage. "That, would be my wife you're holding. I would appreciate you putting her down you fucking savage." The man would say as the two guards kept their eyes focused on Madrigal. The Byakugan user idly cracked his neck as they silently stared at him. The decision of who they would fight would be obvious it would seem. However it would appear they would wait for their leader to finish talking with Sero first. Perhaps try to negotiate 'sparing them' for his wives safe return. It almost made the Hyuga laugh, they wouldn't be able to win this, not in any way in hell.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:23 am

Sero would see them arriving and he could tell that he had their attention. The boss was easy to spot even without sensory. The smoke trailing from his face strongly suggested Katon specialty. Of course it would be a katon specialist that challenged the might of Kiri and that which was under it's protection. Firey passion led to poor decisions usually. Still that meant they didn't care much about his compatriot. Rage made one see through a tunnel. Sero was his only focus now and that was immediately clear. Sero would fold his hands behind his back but his right hand would shift for his ever observant compatriot. A simple bit of hand signs with a rotation of his fingers and a jerking motion. Signaling for him to circle around and strike from a flank. They may be outnumbered but at least two of them were just fodder. If the Hyuga could flank and strike he should be able to take at least one of them before being noticed. Making this a two on two. Still the mention of the wife rose an eyebrow before cold eyes settled on impatience. With a tilt of his head the water moved into her throat as she began drowning. Gagging and struggling in vain.

"You chose this path. A terrorist and a missing nin. I care not for your reasons. The simple truth is you have murdered and caused chaos for those along your path. Most of your team met a quick fate. Lower your head to be executed and I will grant you all quick deaths. Think quickly for your wife is drowning. I hear it is a very unpleasant death. You're lungs burn as they convulse struggling for air. Even now fear is gripping her mind. I can feel it."

Of course he knew that this man would not volunteer up his life. The love of books was fairy tales. People were selfish and foolish. When it came down to it they would always value themselves over others. However having his wife as his hostage didn't bother Sero. She too was a terrorist and had already tried to kill him and failed. She was doomed. His mission was clear and the reason behind it was clear. He needed not question the morality of it. Beyond that the man would most likely foolishly not attack with that troublesome Katon. Not with his wife in the crossfire. Instead one of his subordinates would draw a knife and charge Sero. The woman would let out a struggled whine to try and warn him but it was too late. Too little.

The man would charge Sero as Sero turned those blue eyes to him. The mans kunai rushing forward and turning black from his doton release. "OMNI STRIKE!" The man would scream as he suddenly slashed out a dozen times in an instant. Finishing with a vertical slash and a grin. However that grin faltered as the shadows built up around them. His eyes rose to look at Sero. Those cold blue eyes looking to him unphased. Horror filled his eyes as he realized he had engaged in close combat with someone he couldn't harm. Those cold blue eyes held no mercy. Only death stared down at him as the shadows darkened around them. He would whimper as he fell back and Sero would form the snake seal without ever removing his hands from behind his back. He would open his maw like a snake unhinging its jaw before a huge volume of water burst forward and swept up the man. Smashing him through rocks and trees as it washed away a section of the forest. Breaking his body over and over again until he was a drowned lump of bloodied flesh as the water settled over the ruined section of forest.

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Madrigal would listen as the leader of the group and Sero spoke, the blue haired man apparently holding the leaders very own wife hostage. My wasn't that convenient? Either way it didn't change what had to be done. The mission was to exterminate the threat and that meant making some decision that one might not otherwise like to make. As the man's subordinate moved forward, Sero's hostage trying desperately to scream a warning to the man but the no avail. The leader would watch as Sero's body simply wasn't phased by the attack, becoming water and unable to be harmed by physical assaults. The man who had tried to cut down the Hozuki would be met with a painful and watery end as Sero unleashed a large water technique and drowned the man as he forced him to be smashed against nearby rocks and trees. What was left looking like an unrecognizable mass of flesh and blood after his ordeal.

In response the leader would look on blinking in surprise and slowly letting that surprise turn into a regretful anger. "I'm sorry." He said simply before beginning to form seals. Madrigal's eyes would see the orange light of fire within the man's throat and a massive amount of chakra being spent on the technique before he simply moved. If Sero's body was water, than two elements in particular would be able to counter him and kill him. Moving to be ten meters in front of his temporary teammate he would speak. "Allow me to show you how the 'Hyuga' do things." He would say simply, directly referencing back the man's statement regarding showing him how 'Kirigakure' did things. The leader was still ten meters ahead of him and rearing back his head to breath out an absolute conflagration of flame and Madrigal's response was to spin. As the fire came out a great dome of chakra eight meters in size would surround Madrigal and spinning wildly with the man's own spin. The fire hit the dome and the enormous fire technique would be parted like a great sea of flame before being scattered. The blowback from the technique hitting his defense would result in a scream as a gout of fire shot back and struck the leader final comrade, besides his wife as course, and incinerated him into simple ash in the wind.

The contest lasted for a time before the leader finally ran out of breath and the fire died down. As it did Madrigal slowed, falling into his Gentle Fist stance once more. Standing between the two groups and waiting expectantly. "Is that all?" He would ask with a raised eyebrow and a tone of derision in his voice. He could defend against such attacks all day. Now though he wanted to kill this man. "May I?" He would ask, his tone polite. The question wasn't directed at the leader of course. It was directed at Sero. He was simply seeing if the water and bone user minded if Madrigal took the kill on this insufferable vermin. Madrigal took bonds of any kind seriously. Even if they were simply temporary ones like Madrigal and Sero themselves being assigned to the mission. If he was a part of a group, his loyalty was to the group. Take Kirigakure for instance, if he was apart of it. His loyalty would be to it and it's citizens. If he were to happen to join the ANBU someday, his loyalties would go to Kirigakure first, and the black ops second, and the order would continue down the list. Right now he had no committed loyalties. However he would always server the larger purpose first and foremost. The leader of this band of terrorists had tried to do serious harm to not only Madrigal's temporary teammate, but his own wife too. Another bond, this one willingly shattered. No, there wasn't anyone Madrigal would want to kill more at this moment than the man that had fired that jutsu.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:15 am

Sero would watch the man as he said something Sero couldn't hear over the struggles of his wife. However as Madrigal moved in front of him insisting he show Sero how the Hyuuga do things, Sero understood. An attack was coming. He would smile to himself as he watched the attack coming. If his ally was confident in taking a hit that would finally damage Sero, well all the more power to him. Still the massive fire jutsu and rotation that followed caused Sero's eyes to widen in surprise. It was highly effective as it sent the attack backlash everywhere but behind the rotation itself. When it ended Madrigal and Sero were unharmed and the man was the only one left. His own ally laying fried on the forest floor. Sero would tilt his head as he studied the Hyuga over again. Physically capable. Sensory ranges astonishing and accurate. Able to manipulate chakra to disperse even major attacks. He would be valuable indeed. Still those cold blue eyes would shift to the woman he held hostage. How useless a tactic it had been. Their love held nothing to the mans greed. Turning on the emporium had been a mistake that now cost the man everything. His wife and even his life.

Madrigal would ask Sero nicely if he could finish this. Sero would nod quietly as he turned. The tail snapping about like a whip as it tore the woman apart. A bit of water soaked in blood would shift from her corpse and rejoin the host body. Once it was done Sero was confident enough in his partners ability he let the tail jutsu disperse as the bone crumbled away and fell from his back. "Do as you wish but make it quick. I wish to speak on the walk back to the Emporium." After Sero would begin walking. The man who led these people to their doom would shake with rage as his eyes reflected insanity. He had just seen his wife ripped apart in front of him and the thing responsible was just going to walk away. His fists would clench and blue flames would erupt from them. He would scream out with his fists clenched to either side of him at Sero's back. "Don't you run away from me monster! You won't get away with this! I'm going to incinerate you and leave nothing but Ash!"

Sero had made it several paces at this point as the man launched off the branch after him. However Sero wouldn't even glance back as he spoke mostly to himself. But he held no doubt that both men would hear him clearly. "You shouldn't ignore your opponent. It could prove fatal." Sero said with a smile. Trusting Madrigal to handle it as he continue walking away from the scorched warzone. To him with this mans death their mission was complete without either of them knowing injury. This Hyuga was impressive and covered the weaknesses Sero still held well. If he was coming to Kiri, well than he would need to be recruited to the nightmare brigade. Perhaps Sero could handle that now. Such power and willingness to kill his enemies would let the man fit right in.

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Madrigal could see the surprise on Sero's features as he blocked and redirected the fire technique with Heavenly Rotation. Clearly he had impressed the man and when the Hyuga asked if he could take care of the leader the shinobi would simply nod as he turned, snapping the tail like a whip and tearing the woman apart and letting his jutsu disperse. After a quick statement of making things quick and expressing a desire to speak on the way back to Heavenly Emporium. Nodding as the leader of the missing nin group began to shake violently as azure flames of chakra erupted onto his hands. He cried out about Sero not walking away from him. About how he wouldn't get away before charging forward with an insane light in his eyes. Sero would speak, calmly, telling the man that he shouldn't ignore his opponent, that such a decision could prove extremely fatal.

That would be Madrigal's que of course and as the missing nin flew through the air at Sero Madrigal would simply turn and move toward Sero, intent upon catching up to speak as they walked. When he did though, he fired off a single Vacuum Palm that struck the missing nin dead center as he flew through the air with no one to rectify his momentum. The sudden shift would fling the man toward a tree branch which would now become a heavy wooden stake. The branch would slide into the man's body at about sternum level and the man's eyes would widen in shocked disbelief as he was hung out to die like a piece of trash. The fires he held went out and his hands fell to the branch, feeling at it weakly before simply going limp and falling to his sides. The life faded from his eyes and they got a distinctive glazed look as he simply stared off into space, blood pouring out of him. Madrigal wouldn't even turn to look at the man and his eyes would be deactivated. There was no need anymore.

He'd brace himself internally for the strange chakra based aura that surrounded Sero and move into it and close the distance to walk beside the man as they traveled back to the Emporium. "You wanted to talk you said?" He would ask curiously as they moved, adjusting his cuffs after the fight.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Sero would walk as he could hear the sounds of a brief exchange behind him. The mans foolish charge torn apart by one solid sound of a man being crushed by sheer force. The only sound after was the sound of a man dying after being impaled. Sero would continue to walk but it wasn't long before the impressively well dressed man fell in next to him. Not a spec of blood or dust on his suit. Neither of them looked as if they had pushed themselves or struggled in the least during the battle. Yet behind them the remnants of a burning forest was filled with dead bodies and assorted body parts. Sero was messier than his mission partner for sure. The body parts were mostly him while Madrigals kills had been precise and clean. Idly Sero would wonder to himself if the Hyuga techniques would even work on him. One thing was certain however. Even he did not desire close combat with this strange man. If ever they had to battle for dominance, Sero would have to push out some impressive jutsu to get passed that defense. After all there would be no hiding from the byakugan so stealth was pointless.

Madrigal would fall in quietly next to him as they walked. A glance of those cold blue eyes would look to the mans pale own. He was dealing better with the aura already. Less of a stiff posture. Nor could Sero sense much in the way of fear left in him. He understood Sero was an ally instead of a threat it seemed. He would inquire as to what Sero wished to speak of. To which Sero would turn his attention back to their path as he spoke. No urgency in his speed to return.

"Within the borders of Kirigakure there is a group forming under me. A guild of sorts. Though others fear our potential we seek only justice. We do not care for simple criminals like petty thieves. However we have a purpose. Those who would murder, enslave or preform acts of cruelty within the borders of our nation would learn to fear us in time. We are a force of retribution for the afflicted by these monsters. Sometimes you have to send a monster to deal with monsters. However the three of us currently within our group are all... well like myself as you can sense. I could use someone more...sociable within my guild. You have shown that you don't mind the slaughter of those who have it coming and are more capable than the average shinobi. If you are accepted into Kiri Madrigal, I would have you join me. I would have you join what I have come to call the Nightmare brigade."

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:20 am

Madrigal would listen to the man's words as they walked, contemplating them carefully as they traveled through the forest. The Emporium was quite a ways away so it would take some time for them to return to it. Madrigal would move with a fluid grace unconsciously as they walked and as he spoke he would continue to do so, effortlessly moving over rough terrain that might on the ground and moving as silent as ghost with the sole exception of his voice. "An interesting proposal, you say you have three members, including yourself. You're an arm of Kirigakure's Military? The 'black squad' as it were? I thought those would be the ANBU." He would say as he tilted his head to the side in thought. "No wait, you referred to it as a 'guild' specifically. Mercenaries then? Employed by Kirigakure?" He would ask, an eyebrow raised in curiosity and looking for confirmation. Provided it was given in any way he would nod before continuing.

"So you kill those who perform cruel acts and murder others. Does Kirigakure sanction this? I have to make sure you understand Sero that should I be accepted into the village I'll be a member of their forces and subject to the rightful orders of my superior officer. I can request me be allowed to be a part of your 'guild' as you say. However the decision has to come from above my head. If I'm told no, I can't. Although I wouldn't mind helping you and your group provided my higher ups allow me to do so. What kind of living situation do you have? A barracks? Something of the like?" He would ask, his tone remaining neutral and polite. He didn't know how he would feel about joining such a group if this man's aura would be around him all day but at the end of it all it would be interesting to meet the others within it and it would be extremely interesting to see how everything pans out. To that end he wouldn't mind joining. However if he was told no by his superiors, he wouldn't feel bad then either. He was completely ambivalent to the entire thing. So long as he could make a name for himself, that was all he really cared about in the end.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:20 am

Sero would listen to the man as he spoke. So he was a soldier through and through. His concepts of responding to situations based on his commanding officers orders were to be valued. As much as his power his ethics as well. Though he was a little more gentle than Sero was. Quick kills were not something Sero usually cared for unless the situation called for it. Perhaps he had too much anger from his time spent lost and helpless in the hospital. A forgotten thing nearly entirely discarded aside from the rations they supplied him. Lost to politics wishing him dead. Silly clan leaders thinking they were done with him. A simple abomination in their eyes. Yet he had survived and now was making a name for himself. It was true that they would probably make new moves against him soon. He needed to be prepared for such. However a new thought occurred to him. If this man worked for those same people....if they held influence within the village political scene still they may utilize this one to watch him. Eventually to eliminate him. However Sero had decided long ago to fear no man. He could assess situations and respond correctly but fear would not rule him.

The questions poised to him were fair though. Still as he walked he would allow a little slip of a smile about a barracks. Shaking his head a little at the thought. Speaking calmly as they approached ever closer to the emporium. Now safe from a terrorist plot thanks to the two of them.

"We are a group of Kiri loyalists. Some I am sure that will join us will be part of Kirigakures direct forces but we...well I did make a deal with the previous Mizukage and our missions are sent to us directly from Kiri. We are perhaps what you would call mercenaries with one subtle difference. We are not bidden to the highest bidder. Our loyalty lays with the safety of our nation and its citizens. With that said I would warn you. Kirigakure is currently in a struggle for power since the last Mizukage fell to the plague. I do not even know who you would report to at the moment. As for our habitat. We have a temporary base of operations but are working for more. Perhaps you could even be our liaison for establishing a guild base closer to the village for us. If you don't shrink away from such a task."

Sero was direct and honest. He had no need for games. He cared not for the flowered words others chose to spare others discomfort. He was a direct being who did not consider himself human. Nor did his companions. Still he would fold his hands in front of himself as they walked. Gliding along like a specter through the woods. He was a thing built to destroy but he seemed to have the concept of loyalty down. As far as a leader went there were those who followed him adoringly. Yet it took a specific type it would seem. Still they had nearly reached their destination for the time being. His cold blue eyes would look up as the shadow of the massive structure began to loom over them even at this distance.

"I will warn you of one thing though my new comrade. If one day the village chooses to dispose of us. When we are of less use than we are a threat in their minds. They may send you for me. Tell me honestly if you would. If you and I were to do battle. Do you think you would be able to eliminate me as easily as you did those men? Or do you think you would fall before me? No answer is the wrong answer here. I am simply curious of your thoughts on the theoretical."

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Madrigal would listen as the man spoke of the situation in Kirigakure. He didn't really understand why Sero would refer to their group as 'mercenaries' when that wasn't really what they were. They were more of an 'off the books' group that gave the village plausible deniability by not openly employing them. It made Madrigal wonder how long the hierarchy of Kirigakure would keep them around. Such groups weren't kept around forever and eventually under some Mizukage's reign the group would simply become a loose end to eliminate. In speaking of the Mizukage, there too was some interesting news. He hadn't heard of the previous Mizukage falling to plague or that the situation was tenuous at best. That might cause some delay in a response for him. It also meant he should get to Kirigakure as quickly as possible to get the process started. He would have to leave the Emporium by the end of this very day, something he had no qualms against. Although he would've liked to spend another day or so here, perhaps see if Zoe wanted to see him again before he left. Ah well, he could always visit her when he wanted to for the time being so that was always a plus.

Still, their living situation seemed tenuous as well. A 'temporary living situation' usually meant mission like circumstances. Meaning they probably lived up in a tree house, or more probable a cave. That was mildly annoying, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be worked around. He himself could function well as a survivalist and could probably do quite a bit to make the cave more livable until successfully negotiated for living quarters or at the very least rights to build a base not far from the village. When it came down to it, the idea that this group might be removed as a probably loose end simply made the entire thing more fun for him. When all of that was said and done, the cons didn't even come close to outweighing the pros. "Provided I'm given permission from whoever is in charge, then yes. I would join this 'Nightmare Brigade' you call it. I will also gladly take on the task of negotiating better living conditions for the group as a whole. Even if I'm not allowed to join by whomever takes charge." He would say, his words calm as they approached the large mass of the Emporium.

He would listen to the next words from Sero's mouth and contemplate it quietly for a few moments. Who would win between him and Sero? The man could turn into water and was immune to physical attacks for that reason. However Gentle Fist, did not utilize physical attacks, that meant his techniques should theoretically be effective against him. However it was entirely possible that was incorrect. He gave it some thought before shaking his head. "Too many inconclusive variables for me. That day would come in the future and we have no idea how we would have progressed by then. Not to mention I have no idea if my style would actually be effective against you as of yet." He would say, tilting his head up to ponder. "If I were to guess right now, you might be the victor, but with time to progress my arts, who knows?" He would say, with a small smirk at the man.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:02 am

Sero would listen as their ride back up to the island could be seen departing once the two of them were spotted in the clearing. An airship designed for trade remodeled into a shuttle to bring people back and forth to the flying island. It was an impressive bit of technology.  If he was admitting things to himself the conquering of the skies was something of fairy tales. Still it would be a few minutes before the ship could be brought about to come down and let them load on board. There was ways for some to reach the heights of the island but this was the simplest of them. He listened still to Madrigal as the man explained that he did have some interest in the group. Even going so far as to be happy to represent them in a fairer light regardless of if he was allowed to join. To be represented by someone a great deal more sociable was a favorable step to take. No longer considered a cult would be even better. Azreal would have others believe he was a god but he did not claim to be such. If anything the only thing Sero claimed to be was less than human. A monster.

Still the question on who would win would bring a smile to Seros face when the reaction was essentially inconclusive. Too many variables. In truth neither of them knew if the soft palm technique could conquer hydrification. However curiosity in a fairly safe environment was getting the better of Sero. Instead of simply taking the compliment of the probability of him winning at the current time, He would be interested to know if there was another physical way to harm him. He knew fire, ice and lightning could. For now he preferred being aware of his weaknesses. Even if that meant someone else being aware as well. Someone he was potentially weak to. So he would hold out his left arm. Cold blue eyes watching the other man as he let his smile mix with the deepening shadows of the area. It was as if the surrounding darkness did not like Sero allowing himself a moment of vulnerability. The woods growing a few noticeable shades darker around them. However Sero took no notice of it as he spoke in return to the man.

"I would like you to attempt to close off a single chakra point temporarily. My hydrification technique is ready. Why wonder about our compatibility when we can know? Just please make sure it's temporary." His cold blue eyes were watching as his exposed arm seemed to take on a dark and murky look. Almost like water one could nearly see through but most would not wish to touch.

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:51 am

Sero would smile as Madrigal answered with an inconclusive result. Madrigal didn't like to deal with information he simply didn't have and so his guess would have to as such given that their individual potential would surely not have been reached yet. However the question of whether or not his gentle fist technique was one that brought out his curious side and he pondered on how it might work if it did. His results were inconclusive there too because he simply didn't understand how the technique that turned Sero to water worked and as such he couldn't know for certain if his gentle fist would indeed work without trying it himself. It was only after a few moments after deciding that they arrived a the Heavenly Emporium, or at least, the shuttles that ferried people to and from it. They had to wait for an opportunity and the few other people waiting for a turn immediately saw them waiting and moved to wait for the one after the next one. Their eyes pointedly avoiding Sero as they felt the aura he omitted just by existing.

Madrigal himself was keeping himself more or less together, falling back into lots of conscious thought in order to avoid thinking about the feeling of being hunted. He wasn't, and he knew that, but that didn't make it anymore unnerving at the moment. Still, when Sero extended his left arm, and told him to try shutting off a tenketsu Madrigal would feel an eyebrow raise in surprise. Most people would rather not find out how easily he could attack them. However Sero seemed to have no issue with the idea and apparently wanted to find out for himself if the techniques of the Hyuga Clan could affect him. Nodding Madrigal would activate his byakugan to target a tenketsu. Then he would raise a single finger and tap the point on the man's arm. He wouldn't press hard, it would barely be a brush of contact, but that was all the gentle fist needed to work in the end anyway. In the case of normal people and animals the tapping of a tenketsu caused internal damage that caused immense pain as well as closed off the tenketsu temporarily until it the chakra he used to plug it ran out.

Madrigal however had no idea if that would actually work on Sero, who's physical body could apparently turn to water. He believed he'd heard the name 'Hozuki' earlier from one of the bandits. A well known clan name from Kirigakure. Madrigal hadn't known of the bloodline capability they had possessed but it was clearly fairly potent. Of course if his gentle fist touch worked out then it would prove to be vulnerable to his own personal attacks. Which would be quite interesting to see. He actually wondered if the closing of a tenketsu, if successful would prevent the man from being able to become water for some reason.

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Sero would watch quietly with cold blue eyes as the man activated his Byakugan without a word in response. Good. They both shared a curiosity. The other people who had moved away from them bothered him not. For he had lived his life with commoners avoiding him as much as possible. Man feared monsters. Even more so monsters they did not understand. They had no danger from Sero but they feared him all the same because they could feel the potential of danger. The sensation that he may turn and wipe them from this earth at the slightest insult. No wonder their eyes avoided his for they suspected he was a demon himself. Something devoid of a soul. For without a soul how could one have humanity? Still his interest would lay with the quiet and refined man before him. Watching as he stepped forward to accept the invite. This would be an interesting situation to guess at. He had his own hypothesis but waited to see what would happen. Watching that single finger reaching out to touch something he himself could not see. Something that was the basis of his power. How interesting the Hyuga were to Sero now.

There was a sudden flush of pain but nothing Sero couldn't brush off. The liquid appearance of his arm quickly returning to a pale skin tone. He could feel that he couldn't force chakra through that point yet. Eyes would look to the spot the man had touched as his own fingers brushed over it and pressed against it. Flesh. The hyuga had the ability to force him to a flesh state. Much like that seal had done but in the opposite. For when the seal had taken all his chakra he had returned to liquid. So there was another weakness. If his chakra points could be targeted directly his hydrification would not save him. A good thing to learn. He would raise his arm to examine before rolling his sleeve back down. This would also be good to show him how long the effects lasted. Perhaps in the future he would need to use his other bloodline to block such attacks. He doubted that such an attack would get through a solid shell defense but that was an experiment for another time. He wouldn't ask too much of the man for the time being. Instead he would just accept reality as it were.

As the shuttle came about and the back opened up to unload a couple of wagons and their merchants Sero would fold his hands back in front of his waist. He could still use the arm. He just couldn't force chakra through it. It seemed that simply losing the one arm wouldn't end techniques not attached to the arm itself. The rest of his body still surged with chakra. It was a good thing he could do one handed seals in that event. A weakness yes but not as extreme as raiton. For now he seemed satisfied with the result. As it would become unloaded though and they had to wait for the nervous horses to disembark under the trained handling of their wagon drivers despite Sero's aura Sero would speak to Madrigal once more.

"It seems highly effective. An impressive power to touch even the untouchable. With that said I would appreciate if you kept this discovery between us. I care not for the Hozuki clan to learn of any of this. I owe them nothing. Nor do I wish for others to have a new way to dispatch of me. A monster such as myself has enemies after all. I'm sure you understand."

Stats

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:30 pm

As he struck the nervous horses upon the ferry would disembark, and attendant would run through the ferry with a brush and mop, given the animals proclivity to use the bathroom wherever they stood. As they worked to clean up the ferry he would see the results of his touch upon the man. The liquid form of the man would turn solid and pale once more and it would appear as if the chakra point had successfully been closed. Nodding to himself at the discovery that his gentle fist worked just fine against the strange water like people he would file it away for himself. As Sero folded his hands in front of his waist and speak, requesting that they keep it between them. Nodding Madrigal would agree. "Of course." He would say simply, a small, understanding little grin on his features as the attendant motioned for the two to get on, looking at Sero nervously. Madrigal would board the ferry and stand near a window and it would appear, provided Sero boarded of course, that no one would decide to ride with them. Small surprise. "A ride to ourselves it would seem." Madrigal would note with a raised eyebrow toward the blue haired man.

"So what else can you tell me of the Nightmare Brigade? The other members you have thus far. What of your temporary housing? Tree house? Cave? It matters not to me. I'll see about getting you better accommodations once I'm part of Kirigakure's military but in the case that I fail I can at least see about helping you make your current accommodations more livable. Are there any rules in the organization?" He would ask, the questions coming rather quickly but needing to be asked regardless. Besides, it was something to talk about on the ride up to the Emporium.

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:56 am