Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A long overdue meeting

Okane
    Okane

A long overdue meeting Empty A long overdue meeting

Post by Okane Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Okane had an appointment today that interested him. There was an employee he had never met that he had heard a great deal of lately. Ei Kanagawa. A unique individual that was known not only for their impressive engineering skills which they had initially been hired for but now they had become a Kage over the nation he was born in. Of course he had been born outside the village but it was where his business had taken root and flourished originally. Suna. He had never been a fan of the heat but for now he had his history with it and could appreciate it. It was interesting to Okane that the nation was no reaching out to him for a meeting. Likely wishing to get his assistance with it's newfound flourishing glory. He had a document in a blue folder sitting on the table in front of him of everything that had happened recently in Suna. Of course a man like Okane would keep files on major nations. Especially ones he had a business attachment in. Such as the established shop in Suna. So much had gone on recently that had some concerns from him but otherwise it hadn't affected his business much.

Okane was dressed rather simply in comparison to his usual out of this world outfits. Wearing simple black slacks over black dress shoes and a white button up shirt. His hair was left loose around his head almost jet black in color. Save for the jade beads decorating a few strands. A gold ring with the stag symbol on his left middle finger. Ei had reached out to him and requested a meeting as the Kazekage and an employee so he could hardly turn it down. If anything it peaked his interest considerably. He had agreed to it quickly of course as he wasn't interested in playing games with potential clients. Iron was on the verge of no longer needing his financial support so perhaps it was time to turn his attention elsewhere. He had invited Ei to his penthouse for the meeting and had small sandwiches prepared with coffee. His chef had made the sandwiches with smashed avocado, Sriracha mayo, and a perfect sunny-side-up egg, with a little lime juice, cilantro, and red onion for extra flavor on top of buttermilk toast. The coffee was a Brazilian roast with fresh creamer in a small pitcher next to the pitcher of hot coffee.

All of this had been made on the large balcony outside his penthouse with serving staff waiting nearby. Rose bushes surrounded the edge of the balcony/patio looking out over the vast Heavenly Emporium and even into the view of the land below. Okane already had his coffee of half and half poured for him with a hint of caramel added to it. His right leg was folded over his right while his left hand lifted the coffee to his lips as his glowing green eyes would take in the paper he was reading in his right hand. When Ei arrived at the tower they would be taken to the elevator and security would swipe a card to unlock entry to the penthouse. The penthouse itself was decorated with white leather furniture and redwood walls with an office with a red wood desk off to one side and a kitchen with marble counter tops and all of it was spotless. They would be directed to the patio and to the Table with Okane who would hold out the newspaper to a servant who would take it with a nod from Okane. Before those glowing green eyes turned to Ei.

"Kazekage Ei Kanagawa I presume. It's about time we finally meet. Wouldn't you say?"

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

A long overdue meeting Empty Re: A long overdue meeting

Post by Ei Kanagawa Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:52 pm

After claiming the position of Kazekage there was a list of people she was forced to deal with. The first and most immediate of those people was Nozomi Himitsu. Somehow, whether through luck or divine favor, Ei had managed to survive her encounter with Nozomi. A deal had been worked out, if one that was heavily in Nozomi’s favor. Of course, it was necessary to do so. She had to agree to Nozomi’s terms or likely end up dying and being replaced. Or worse, Sunagakure returning to full Society control. At the very least her reign was secured for now. That left three individuals remaining for Ei to deal with. Kara Kazehana, the former Kazekage Raijin, and Okane Tomi. Kara, who seemed to have had a great deal of influence in the manner in which Sunagakure decayed to a crime and drug ridden hellscape, had to be questioned. Her escape from the Kazekage’s office and fleeing the village only seemed to confirm Ei’s suspicions about the woman. Something would have to be done in her regard, even if she did manage to successfully escape Sunagakure. Then there was Raijin- A member of the Society who had been the one to take over Sunagakure originally and invite every criminal, bandit, and lowlife to make their new home in the village. Nozomi had suggested that they would work together in bringing Raijin to justice, but that had yet to happen. Eventually it would need to pass, but Ei was forced to wait until Nozomi called upon her.

Then there was Okane Tomi. Someone she could meet with. A message had been sent his way, and the two were able to arrange a meeting shortly afterwards.

This would be the first time Ei would enter the Heavenly Emporium, and within the Stag Tower she couldn’t help but be impressed by the architectural planning and just the sheer structure of it all. It was impressive, without any doubt. Okane Tomi was surely a genius, and there were few who could deny this. Her ornate silk kimono, painted over by hand with blacks and reds and whites, was what she dressed herself in for the meeting. One of her favorites, and something that she would be easily recognizable in. The variety of pinned flowers and other hair ornaments she typically wore would be carefully arranged through her silky locks of black. It was her normal routine for when she had the time to prepare. While this was a situation that likely called for more than just your average attire, Ei was the sort of person to use her finest china with every meal. She always wore her best, and so it was difficult to top what she normally did with something even more extravagant.

Within the penthouse, on the balcony, Ei would finally approach the man she had failed to have an encounter with for so long. She would finally be able to take a seat across from the man she had come all this way to see.

It is about time. I’ve heard so many things about you. Finally I’ll have the opportunity to see if they’re true.” Her eyes would be directed to him, making complete and total eye contact. She wasn’t one to shy away. There was a certain harshness to her glare, even with her neutral expression, but this was simply a facet of the harshness of Sunagakure. Only for a moment would she turn her gaze to the hors d'oeuvres placed out together with the coffee. The gesture was appreciated, but she was here primarily for business, not pleasure.

As the new Kazekage, it’s important that we speak about the future of the village, and our relationship. It’s undeniable that the Stag Emporium has a certain amount of influence in how the village could advance into the future.

Ei wasn’t the sort to use flattery. Infact, she blatantly refused to do so. She would say what was necessary, and at times that meant torpedoing diplomacy, but this wasn’t one of those times. It was hard to deny the importance of the Stag Emporium.

Needless to say, I’ve come to work out agreements, financial or otherwise, about our relationship.

Post by Okane Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:16 pm

Okane would watch his conversational partner find her seat. Almost skipping the greeting entirely. His green eyes would regard her quietly as she said if the things she heard were true. Leaving out if they were good or bad things she had heard. He would take a small sandwich and place it on his plate before carefully cutting into it with a butter knife and fork. The egg finally popping and coating the sandwich in a yellow yoke. He would take a small bite as he listened to her interests in their relationship for the future. He would chew quietly as he sat back and hummed in satisfaction. Enjoying the taste of the breakfast before swallowing and taking a napkin to dab at his mouth. It was clear that he was comfortable even in the presence of a Kage in front of him. He was making a point of it for the time being by eating even when Ei did not. He would sip some more of his coffee as she finished speaking. She finished with saying financial or otherwise and he would smile. Keeping it behind the cup for a moment before relaxing his features and setting the cup back down. When he spoke his voice was like silk on the ears. Like a sweet hypnotic melody.

"I agree, My company could help progress your nation considerably. No doubt you could run it just fine without us but with our products you could defend what's yours far easier. Proper equipment readily available to all your shinobi always boosts the chances of successfully defending against threats both foreign and domestic. Seeing as at the moment I imagine most of what you have access to is about C grade in quality. I assume you came to me because you know we can bump that to B for the majority of your troops and even A grade for your elites. However I have not been blind to the happenings in Suna. You said financial or otherwise. I'm so happy that you did."

Okane would pick up the blue file and lean over to set it in front of Ei. Leaning back he would cross his fingers together and place his hands on top of his knee's. Within the file were documents of information about the known stability in Suna or lack there of up until that point. Documentation of Nozomi and her presence there as well as documentation of Kara. Even the common knowledge in Suna of Ei herself and what troops Suna had shown so far. It was immediately clear that Okane had some research done prior to the meeting since he was from the land of wind originally. Of course he had eyes and ears there. The move was to show Ei that he too had information to work with. His green eyes would study her a moment as she read if she did. Otherwise he would speak once more after a moment.

"For now, my chef put some time into making our breakfast. I would appreciate it if you did the courtesy of sharing a meal with me while we talk. It's so awkward to eat alone. Of course the first topic of the negotiations I will freely reveal as my goal. The crafter Kara. Did you know she was a business partner of mine? It's only fair I inform you of such as it will be a major part of todays negotiations. Perhaps this will dissuade you from working with me, perhaps it will not. But it is information you need to know. I run a very open business after all."

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

Post by Ei Kanagawa Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Ei listened as Okane spoke of quality and equipment. She keenly was aware of what he meant, even if he used these letter grades as abstract measures of the quality of weapons and armor. Of course, these things were necessary to acquire for the village to be prosperous. Supplies, in all senses of the word. Making sure their Jounin were better equipped was a fundamental part in ensuring that Sunagakure’s interests could be secured, both domestically and in foreign affairs as Okane had mentioned. She had come here for business purposes exclusively, however she didn’t exactly mind that Okane chose to eat at the same time. She was keenly aware that she was being essentially wined and dined right now, and while Ei absolutely did appreciate the aesthetics of the situation- Okane clearly did have an eye from art, which she could tell just merely from the way he handled himself and the things he surrounded himself with- It was all just a little bougie for her. Even with how strongly she valued art and aesthetics, Ei had always subsisted in poverty until recently. Her diet had consisted of cheap, prepared food out of a necessity. Of course, now that she was in a position of power that all could change, but it would be a slow process. Just having become the Kazekage days ago this luxury was all still foreign and alien to her.

And then her eyes would narrow. The file that was spread out on the table would be glanced at, and then the naturally harsh expression that Ei had would gain intent behind it. Ei having become Kazekage was common knowledge - But of Nozomi’s position within the village, the count of troops that Sunagakure had? This could be something that another village, one with gripes against Sunagakure, might pay for. Valuable information… And then Nozomi’s position in Sunagakure could be a potent blackmail. The connection that the village had with the Society was only assumed as of now due to Sunagakure being the Society’s last known position, but having information of Nozomi’s presence in the village would serve as clear proof to the other nations that Ei was working together with her. Something that by itself could provoke an invasion.

Her narrowed eyes turned up to Okane now. It was clear how Ei’s mood had shifted. She had nothing to say immediately other than to glare at this ambiguous threat. Obviously he had spies in the village still, and those would have to be eliminated quickly, but largely the damage was already done.

She took a mug of coffee. Ei wasn’t exactly hungry, but this would be something she would sip at now at Okane’s request, although reluctantly. While Nozomi had pressured her into an unequal treaty, she wouldn’t allow the same thing to happen with Okane.

Kara Kazehana.” She finally spoke after a sip of the coffee that Okane had provided. “Is wanted for questioning and interrogation after her actions during my seizing of power, and for her role in the village during the previous Kazekage. I have suspicions that she was related to the blackmarket trade in the Land of Wind, although I have no abject proof as of yet. Due to her fleeing the village she also has the potential to spread knowledge of the village’s exclusive, secret techniques. Something that would be a grave sin. Of course, it’s in my best interests to prevent that. Even if she was your business partner, I do not believe that her crimes would necessarily pass onto you, if that was what you were afraid of. Not necessarily.

Not necessarily. She hadn’t had any suspicions of Okane up until the point he revealed that file and more or less admitted to having spies within the village. Now she was beginning to wonder if all these major corporations had simply been taking advantage of her home.

Shortly she’ll be added to Sunagakure’s bingo book as an S-Rank criminal, with a bounty of one million ryo, or perhaps more depending on what funds I can allocate. However, I do not see why you would concern yourself with this to the point of including it in our negotiations.

It was up to Okane to speak what he intended for this, as Ei wasn’t going to set him up or lead into it. She was a stubborn woman at times, and already she was regarding him with a sharp gaze.

Post by Okane Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Okane would watch and examine the reaction of the woman across from him as he revealed how much he knew. He wished to show her that hiding anything from him was pointless. However His expression wouldn't change as hers did. He remained calm and poised as her words poured over their meal. When she was done with the file he would reach out to touch it and when he did a seal would spread across the folder and fade into it. An idle thing for him but it showed he also had control over chakra ink. He didn't need to pull out the ink or draw anything. He simply tapped it. When the seal faded he would open it to reveal just empty pictures and blank papers. He had his own method of keeping his information to himself it seemed. However he would sit back and smile as he watched her. His green eyes looking for any hint of less than hostile emotions. Any hint of hope for the negotiations. However for the time being she appeared as utterly untrusting and rightfully so. She was a new Kage of a nation not currently up to par with the others. If such information were to get out....well it wouldn't from Okane.

He would sit back a moment as he considered her words. He would watch her as neither had a need for breaking eye contact. A very intense woman. Passionate even. Still he would speak when she allowed him to after a moment of silence. He was giving the impression of considering her words. "First, allow me to congratulate you. Not many can make it to the office you now hold. I can see though how it could provide a great deal of stress for someone. You have a nation to consider now and not a minor one." With that he would smile and glance to the serving staff. Nodding to them. All of them would turn and move away in an elegant line until they exited the penthouse. Leaving the two of them alone. With that Okane would rise from his seat and move over to the railing. Passing Ei as he did. "Join me please?" regardless of if she complied or not he would move to the railing and place his hands on it. Gazing over the impressive view. Towering above anything else in the area they could see the scenery for miles. He rather loved the scenery.

Still he would wait until she joined him or turn to speak to her if she did not. He was calm and collected and when he moved it was with impressive grace but no alarming speed. "My dear Kazekage. I have a love for the land of wind. It was where I was born and where I spent my younger years. It was even the beginning of where this company started. I remember your predecessor briefly as I only met him once but he seemed to care little for the village and more for his own power. Perhaps it was why I did not remain there and expanded. However it was there that I too met Nozomi. I understand her influence and power probably as much as you do. I assure you that the society has their hands in more pockets than your own. Including mine. I tell you this so that you understand my wish for honesty in our negotiations. I will not hold it against you as I hope you will share the same courtesy. As for my business association with Kara, the world watches me as I am open to all nations. Traffic comes and goes and rumors spread. At the level I operate even if she were a former business partner it would reflect on me in some way. So I will make an offer on that regard. If you wish to question Kara I will arrange a meeting here. There will be no arrests or violence allowed but you may ask your questions. I will also prepare a nondisclosure agreement for your secrets. Something I assure you she will sign. However I can not have her in a bingo book. So knowing that, you have the advantage here over me. You know what I desire, So I open the floor to you for what you seek. If you are open to negotiations knowing my goal that is. "

Stats:

Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

Post by Ei Kanagawa Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:45 pm

It seemed that Okane didn’t wish to stay in one place during their meeting. She had heard of those who thought better when taking, or pacing, but it seemed like an odd choice in the middle of negotiations like this. She wasn’t the type to do so, but Ei had been the one to ask for the meeting with Okane, and this was his home, so she would acquiesce to his request. She rose from her seat as well, leaving behind the coffee that she had just sipped at. Following Okane to the railing, she would look down to the scenery below the Heavenly Emporium just as he did. It would have been the perfect scene for a painting, and she could already imagine it. The Heavenly Emporium itself would have been excellent for it, both to capture within the scenery and also to use as a vantage point to paint amazing landscapes of the surrounding land. Unfortunately, she was already beginning to understand that she would have much less time for her passion now that she took control of the village. It was an unfortunate part of the job description that she would have to begin to abandon her previous joys and hobbies in order to make time for her village. However, the beauty of the scene did make her more than a little nostalgic. She found herself looking down, having abandoned the intensity of her glare as Okane spoke, and even as he turned back to her.

You seem to have taken me too literally.” It was the first thing she would say, her eyes almost caught in a haze now. Her mind had traveled elsewhere for a second, although now her sharpness was returning.

‘Questioning’, as I’m using it here, is an euphemism. I do not mean to literally ask her questions, nor would I deal with her in the terms of a contract. Trust in contracts and legal institutions as they are in the world of business simply do not exist in the shinobi world. No, what would be required would be a delve back into her memories. With the Psycho Mind Transmission technique, I would be able to read back months, or even several years into her memory given enough time. Preferably this would be done with the assistance of a Mind Reading Amplification Machine, however that would simply be to save time rather than a necessity. This would simply be to determine if my suspicions towards her ties to the black market, and her role in bringing Sunagakure to the crime ridden state it had been in for the last several years, is true. Any of the village’s secrets she might have would be removed. My village possesses a unique technique to remove memories, and this would be the method used to ensure absolute secrecy. Unfortunately, there is no reliability in things such nondisclosure agreements or simple interrogation, or even torture. Striking directly to the core of issues like these in a surgical manner is necessary, even if inelegant.

Her eyes turned back to Okane, finally. Ei’s gaze was tired, and even with the sharp glare it wasn’t difficult for someone as intelligent as Okane to see the exhaustion laced beneath. Perhaps she should have had more of that coffee.

But the question is, why would I do this? You’ve met Nozomi. You must understand the power she has, and I’m sure you can deduce the sort of sacrifices I had to make in order to secure power with her influence in our home. I’ve already had to sacrifice a good deal of my sovereignty and power in order to get this far. Not that I resent her for it, it’s simply business. However, I’m not keen to continue to so carelessly trade away what little power I have in that manner. First Nozomi gives orders, then you, and then who else? My title will become nothing more than a word, and my village will forever remain unable to achieve its rightful place in history.

She sighed, turning back down to the scenery below. Frustration upon frustration piled up, one after another.

If I abridge justice like this for your favor I’d be as corrupt and spineless as my predecessors. The entire reason I wished to take over was to avoid my home being sold out and betrayed for foreign interests, and yet here I am doing it again and again. No… I can’t agree to a deal like this for something simple. There’s not enough money in the world that would make it acceptable for me. The only thing I can accept trading power away for is power in return.

It was a vague statement, left like that purposefully. Power was a difficult concept to quantify, and it wasn’t exactly intuitive as for how exactly Okane could provide her with power- That being a form of power that wasn’t wealth.

... When I took over.” She began, deciding to explain herself after a moment of silence. “I engaged in a short fight with Nozomi due to a misunderstanding. I was lucky to come out of it alive, however... I noticed during the combat the make of her kimono, and the method of which it could seemingly change shape and form, and the quality of its construction... I’m a craftsman as well in addition to an artist. I assume you, or one of your compatriots, must have made it for her. Make me something of the same quality, and I’ll accept your proposal here.

Post by Okane Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Okane would listen as she spoke. He had figured she meant to go beyond questioning. It wasn't the ninja way to leave things to perception of a situation alone. There were always ways to look deeper into something. To see the truth of it from the core. However playing around in someone's head by force rarely ended well for the one being 'questioned'. She was passionate about it all and Okane would lean on his elbow on the railing with one foot shifting up to rest his heel on another rail. from an experienced perspective like Ei it was clear that Okane was not experienced in combat. There were dozens of openings and he seemed too relaxed to be able to quickly put up much of a guard. He was a crafter and a man with a mind for business. Luckily for him she had already put a number on it. Something he could work with. She was willing to spend a million ryo to get her hands on Kara. For most that was a crazy number but it wasn't beyond Okane's capabilities. She continued to quantify it as a balancing sheet in his opinion. If she were to let go of some power she would need to gain some back. Preferably of equal worth or better in her favor.

It seemed she was tired and not willing to let go of something easily. Still he couldn't risk being associated with someone in a bingo book openly and his relationship with Kara, although strictly business, was well documented. Beyond that she had a mind as brilliant as his own and held influence in the growth of his company. Okane was sure that he still could pull more use out of her. So risking her mind being destroyed wasn't a viable option. Too many losses and no gains from any of that. Instead his free hand would rise up to stroke his chin.  Speaking once more.

"I see. So you are new to the position of an already struggling situation. If you lose something and gain nothing both those who serve you lose faith and those who oppose you gain courage. Even if you were willing to let the Kara matter go you would need some great means of redemption in return. However I wonder. Are the the type who wishes for personal power or do you seek to improve the nations military might? On one hand, we could equip you wonderfully. On the other, we have the means to increase the might of your military a great deal as well. "

Okane sounded certain of his words. He would glance to Ei once more. Those green eyes shining. Brimming with intelligence but something beyond the common means of other men. He was something else entirely and by his own right on the level of a minor nation or perhaps...perhaps something even more. If the flying city wasn't enough to encourage his buyers he still seemed highly capable as a crafter. It was well known some of his S rank works. Still he would tilt his head as he studied her.

"I of course wouldn't dream to ask something of you for nothing. Money isn't something you couldn't make on your own eventually so I won't simply offer to pay the bounty. But I will offer you two choices. Both of equal value to Kara's bounty. If you let the matter with her drop and let her go I can help bring Suna to the same level as her neighbors. In most villages common C grade items and equipment are all that are available. B rank if they pay more. If you go the route of a personal puppet armor, I can make it out of some of the most durable material in the world and as flexible as what I made for Nozomi. The weaponry and equipment on it would also be of impressive caliber and if your puppetry skill is high enough....put you a great deal closer to Nozomi herself. Or, the other route is in the form of a contract. We will offer you two things on this contract that equal to or are greater than the loss of 1 million ryo bounty. I can have my shops pump out A rank equipment of Ebony or lesser for your nation as something every one of your shinobi will have access to without ever having to leave Suna. For now more than 5,000 ryo above material cost. The second part is releasing one other thing to you. Something I created while I was in Suna. It's called dune glass. A glass so solid it surpasses even ebony. And it could be exclusive to your village."

Stats:

Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

Post by Ei Kanagawa Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Sunagakure will take a lot of suffering to turn into something beautiful. But when you’re making a piece of art… I’m sure you’ll understand, but happiness never comes into the equation. Happiness is a very conformist category. It doesn’t enter the frame. When pursuing a creative endeavor, that wonderful fever, happiness is never a part of that. You’re prepared to suffer for your passion, lose sleep, whatever is necessary. If I have a vision and a canvas…

She trailed off, turning to silence after a few moments. Her eyes had turned back down into the landscape below. There wasn’t any reason for her to say any of this. It wasn’t particularly related to what was being said or discussed now, or the proposition that Okane had just made. He was right though. She was tired, and Ei would continue to be tired for a long, long time. There was work to be done, and she was the only one who could do it. Likely after meeting with Okane she would have to speak with Nozomi again, just to attempt to smooth things over and keep good on her end of the bargain. Even if she didn’t want to, those exclusive scrolls had to be delivered, along with the payment she had promised.

In return for dropping the situation with Kara Kazehana, I’ll allow the contract to supply the village with superior weaponry to go through. I cannot be as corrupt as my predecessors to allow the village’s pride to be traded away for personal gain. At least with this, the entire Land of Wind will benefit. As for the puppet armor, I’ll pay for that with my own personal funds. As much as I am reluctant to say this, as the Kazekage now I must work to become an ‘ideal’ of strength. If I’m not strong enough to protect the village there isn’t any point in me having this role. So I have to acquire whatever strength and power that I can, from any source. As for the Dune Glass, I’d be happy to work with you to make it exclusive to Sunagakure no Sato. Any benefit I can gain now would be appreciated.

Her tone had shifted dramatically over the course of this event. That intense sharpness and harness melted away over time into exhaustion, which was clearly present now. Perhaps if the village was in a better position she would have been firm and resolute on this situation, being stubborn and cruel, but she simply couldn’t afford to right now both due to her power situation and her own stress levels.

Post by Okane Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:42 pm

Okane would smile as she spoke of art and he found it a little sad that she seemed to lack a love for what she did as of late. She compared it all to art and he would look out to the landscape as he listened. One hand sliding into his pocket while the other shifted to hold his pocket watch lightly. A habit of his but still he didn't seem all that uncomfortable. Not even with the offer he had just made. If they did get a contract to supply Suna even at such low prices they would still turn a profit. A whole nation wishing to order high quality items from him. It was all he ever wished for. Though the highest qualities he would keep at a regular price. The ability to make near legendary gear made him valuable. He wouldn't trade it away so easily. Even his best employed crafters couldn't match his skill. Aside from perhaps...Would Ei remain on the payroll? An interesting question he supposed. Something to bring up at some point during their meeting. For now he listened as she spoke of accepting his proposal. His smile twitched for a moment but only a moment.

Okane would bow his head as he held out his hand. No formal documents or anything like that though he would have the contract written up for her soon. If she shook it his hands would feel so soft. As if it was impossible that such hands had ever worked a day in his life. Yet his renown for crafting was legendary. Was it all some elaborate lie or did he have some sort of trick? Still he spoke and his voice was like a melody.

"It's settled then. Since my company will be supplying you, than you will be granted a tour of our research and development department. A place usually restricted to the scientists, security with the proper clearance and board members like myself. Please, come with me if you would."

Okane would release her hand and leave out the information that the only other board member was Kara. It was open and common knowledge but he didn't wish to push buttons if not needed. Still he would walk around the side of the building and open a side door avoiding his living space entirely. It wouldn't be for much longer and would be refurbished to simply be an office. Once his palace was finished anyway. For now he would enter the elevator and press a panel on the wall. Which would slide to the side and reveal a hand print scanner. He would press his hand to it and it would scan it with a green light before it would beep. He would remove his hand and the panel would close before the elevator would close. He would smile as they began to descend. The glass lift would give them a good view as they went towards the lobby but instead of slowing down there the lift would continue down beyond it. For a moment there was nothing but solid walls as they went down a couple more levels. Once the doors opened though they were were in a facility with people in lab coats moving around.

Okane would step in and they would find any staff they passed would pause whatever they were doing and bow to them. Okane would nod in return as they passed until they reached the security room. He would step inside as two men in uniforms were watching a dozen screens. He would clear his throat as the two men shot up and bowed to him. "Yes yes. Very well. I need labs one through five pulled up please. Thank you. Here we have a series of items in development you may find interest in. Labs one through four can be mass produced for your liking but lab five would have to remain a personal purchase. I would be happy to explain anything that catches your eye."

In lab one they would be setting up what appeared to be a disk with a glass orb on the top in the center of the room. A disk would be thrown over it and as soon as it reached within five meters almost instantly a burst of flame would fill a five meter square and the disk would be no more. The second lab was the same but with that one electricity arced instead of fire. In lab three it was a larger space where a member of security in padding was flying around the room at crazy speeds using a belt system that shot out grappling hooks on a line that dragged him around. In lab four a senbon with a green tinted tip was being launched from a device at average speeds but when it collided with the test dummy the explosion shook the camera in the lab and the dummy was no more. However Lab five was doing something interesting. They had ten black kunai sparkling like a night sky lined up on a series of launchers. Facing a slab of concrete. A flash of red lights and a small warning alarm blared so loud they could faintly hear it from the room they were in. After about ten seconds the alarm would turn off and a scientist would press a button to activate the launcher. Ten black kunai would launch and punch right through the slab of concrete and bury into the far wall behind it. Okane would fold his hands behind his back and smile to himself. Watching her for a reaction. This level of weaponry was likely greater than anything she had anticipated.

"Of course we can produce more affordable less advanced weaponry. Not everyone likes something that explodes after all. A sword still has it's uses."

Stats:

Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

Post by Ei Kanagawa Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:57 pm

She watched him. Closely, carefully, but not as close and carefully as she would another. Ei was the analytic type, with an eye for art. She had carefully watched everyone, always, ever since she first became a shinobi, but from such an inexplicable combination of reasons right now her guard was lowered. It was why she blabbed all she had so far, unnecessary things about herself and ideals that were more than just business discussions. It was the opposite of how she should be handling herself right now. Okane was, despite the fact that they had an arrangement, likely just looking to take advantage of her, or find whatever advantage he could. Safe to say, this wasn’t out of the goodness of his heart, but because he wanted something. That was how businessmen always were. But part of her wanted an ally now, or at least someone she could pretend was her ally. She watched and thought as he extended his hand towards her. The make of his hands, the softness of his skin, the sound of his voice.

She took his hand.

I’ll be a pleasure to be working with you.

She said, her voice soft. One last comment before following him to where he wanted to show her. Somewhere restricted to scientists and board members. She couldn’t particularly call herself a scientist, nor did she want to be associated with the term. There was a vast gulf between science and art, a sheer metaphysical difference. She preferred to think of herself, and Okane, as artists instead, even if perhaps in his case that wasn’t true. It would be a few moments where she was lost in her thoughts, following along with Okane. Into an elevator, using a secret panel, a hand scanner- It was technology beyond what she had ever seen before, but her analytic eye allowed her to analyze and understand to some extent just through a glance. The glass monitors were stared at. Information absorbed. Labs one through five according to Okane’s words. Each explosion, burst of flame, arc of electricity, would be watched in turn.

Wonderful. All of this can be mass produced for Sunagakure? This will be… Wonderful. It’ll give Sunagakure’s military a fighting chance in any potential future conflicts. Once the infrastructure is finished a new generation of shinobi will be able to be put into the field with this weaponry. Of course, traditional weaponry will be necessary too. Swords and the like… After our initial deal, please inform me whenever any new products appear in your testing chambers. I’d be more than happy to assist with funding and testing anything you produce.

Post by Okane Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Okane would smile as she had taken his hand. Though her interest in his work had a sly grin spread across his face. Oh how little she knew of his vision. This was the beginning but the truth was he needed field tests. What was accomplished in the labs was good but what was accomplished in the field was where the real data came from. For now he escorted her out of the room and off to a private and empty lab. There on a table sat an ingot of midnight ore. Perfectly placed there and glistening in the light. A perfect bar made just for such an occasion. The silk it was set on was pure white in contrast. However it had a bit of a shine to it as well.  Behind them on a sword stand were also a pair of midnight ore straight chinese blades. Almost like katana in nature but slightly different with red tufts coming out of the hilt in black bamboo sheaths. Okane would step into the room as he ran his fingers along each item slowly as he described them. His glowing green eyes seeming to finally match his smile. He liked his work more than the people who he worked with clearly.

"A few options just for you while you are here. A taste of what I provide. If you wish to purchase it anyway. I have two materials on the table here. Both of them of the highest quality and rare as only I can make them. You would be the first to get the raw versions of them. This silk is what Nozomi's Kimono is made out of. Aptly named immortal silk as anyone wearing it will never be pierced or slashed. Nothing in this world will cut it. What rests on top of it however is a little more famous. A brick of midnight ore. Once you melt it down it can be molded into any shape you see fit. It is stronger than any other material I have ever seen and my strongest weapons are made from it. The twin swords on the stand behind it are one such craft. Each of these are yours if you choose. The swords are two hundred and fifty thousand for both, the silk is one hundred thousand and the midnight ore is one hundred and fifty thousand. Simply pay the attendant at the front counter when you leave. Oh and, do not attempt to reverse engineer these. If I heard of such a thing I would be hurt....I don't like being hurt."

With that Okane would approach her and lightly if she let him take her hand in his and bow low to kiss her knuckles or a ring if she were wearing one before smiling and winking to her. "For now I have other pressing matters to attend to. I must start production immediately if I am to satisfy. I will also attempt to gather crafters and fighters for your village for a while. If they meet with me I will send you a profile with each of them. The contract will be written up for you to review and sent to your administration building in Suna of course. I look forward to a future together. If you will excuse me for now my dear Kazekage I must be off." He would release her hand from his and turn. Almost floating away and out of sight to another part of the labs. A heavy set of doors and a security team was all that would be seen of section 7. It seemed even Okane had secrets as he faded into the part of the labs more heavily restricted than the rest.

Attempted exit
    6 posts = 60 exp

Last edited by Okane on Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Stats:

Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

Post by Ei Kanagawa Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:27 pm

She watched him with those same hawkish eyes as he turned his lips down to her hand. A light kiss against her knuckles- Okane must have been a romantic. Normally these sort of gestures were exactly what Ei preferred, but the separation between business and personal matters here had already grown too far, and she was still tired. Under normal circumstances she would have had to suppress a swoon, but right now all she would do was smirk, smiling down at him. Now that she had been escorted out of the room and brought off to a private and empty lab with a sample of the materials in question, Ei would evaluate the situation again. A sample of Okane’s Midnight Ore and a majestic looking Immortal Silk. That, and two Midnight Ore Chinese Blades. Her eyes would gleam over them.

Wonderful. You won’t have to worry, I’ll have no need to reverse engineer these materials. I’ll leave your ryo at the front counter as you requested. Now… I have a lot of work to be getting to, just as you surely do. Now that we’ve had this meeting I suppose I can rest easy.

She would close her eyes, sighing for a moment. The issue of Kara Kazehana was gone, for now. Hopefully this deal would enrich Sunagakure and result in an influx of mercenaries or foreign shinobi being added to their ranks. She could only hope. Once he released her hand she would exit away, traveling towards the civilian sections of the Heavenly Emporium from the same way she had came. The money that Okane had requested would be left at the front counter, and she would leave with the materials he had gifted her.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am