Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

The Farfour Accords

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Village : N/A

The Farfour Accords Empty The Farfour Accords

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:45 pm

Konohagakure had won. After months of intense fighting, the Mountain Alliance now occupied large parts of the Land of Earth. This meant that Konohagakure was back in control of its former territory through several Minor Nation proxies. They had been the favorite to win going in but it appeared that the Fire Country had drastically underestimated the region's pugnacious spirit and the willingness of external actors to assist. Fortunately, Konoha's decisive victory at Meijing was enough to break the enemy's back. The rest as they say is history.

However the war did highlight a critical point. Prolonged occupation of Earth Province was becoming a political, economic, and military liability. Each successive rebellion had gone farther than the last. In fact, Masaru's valid claim that Akari had released his nation only brought more scrutiny to the Iwa question. How could Konoha credibly maintain influence on such a vast nation from across the continent? Akihiro's Space-Time Ninjutsu provided a rather inelegant solution to this problem. Nyguyen had discussed the matter with his council, he had reviewed the deal that Kimiko had struck with Yui, and he analyzed the conditions on the ground in the aftermath of the war. He had thus come to the conclusion that retaining sovereignty over the nation was more trouble than it was worth. Konoha had won the war and proven its valor in combat. The point was made, the legacy protected. The man's own reputation was now solidly established. Sure, he had been knocked out like a baby during the Battle of Meijing but thanks to the efforts of his bold leadership, they had carried the day. He had no more real use for Iwa. It was now about saving face and letting the Earth Country off the hook slowly and with major concessions.

Once the Mountain Alliance had begun their occupation, Nyguyen immediately demanded a meeting with the Tsuchikage. Unfortunately, the man had fallen to the plague at some point during the fight over Meijing. The Hokage would ordinarily find this amusing, but he had seen how fiercely that man had fought for homeland and he decided that this was no laughing matter. He wished the warrior a speedy recovery and bid that he send an emissary in his stead. Nyguyen planned to propose favorable terms. A path to independence in exchange for loyalty and short term financial support. It was truly the sort of genius that would give him his own chapter in the annals of history. The Minor Nation footpads would be upset but screw them. Truth be told, Nyguyen did not care for the Mountain Alliance. Their stunt over Kariforunia Island could have led to a humanitarian disaster. It was a blemish on Konoha's reputation who were their backers. He'd take this oppurtunity to cut them loose now that they've fulfilled their purpose of bringing Iwa to heel.

He was certain he could convince Iwa that he was not here to humiliate them, but he didn't want to take any chances. To ensure good-faith negotiating, he hired the illustrious Okane to serve as mediator. The man was not only a renown crafter but also a royal hailing from that part of the world. His presence would add legitimacy to these peace accords.

Nyguyen was the first to arrive at the conference room. The flags of both nations were lined up on opposing sides. He took his place in front of Konoha's set and patiently waited for his counterpart to arrive.

The Farfour Accords Empty Re: The Farfour Accords

Post by Kotoshura Yui Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:29 pm

It seemed Kimiko did keep her part of the deal and told Nyg to accept it, as Yui has been called to sign a peace treaty, she was sure he would have some sort of demands but the principle parts of the deal her visitations she was allowed and her charges all dropped and cleared. These were non-negotiational terms and she expected these to be kept no matter what. She would enter the room as she saw Nyg and gave a slight nod taking a seat at the table. He seemed to have brought the best negotiator and really the only reason he likely was here is a war would be far too costly for Konoha when they had made an enemy of Kumo if her reports were right. They could not be directly linked to an attack in Kumo but it isn't hard to put two and two together.

"I am here to negotiate the terms Kimiko offered me not you, the only reason you are alive is that I choose to let you live. Now let us not beat around the bush what do you want as I know you won't give me her exact deal but seeing Rin with visitations in Iwa as well as any charges you have on me being dropped are not negotiable terms if you cant offer this much the talks are over."

She would wait to see his response, she clearly had some bad blood with how he treated her in the battle she had won. Still, she did want peace, for her nation and for her safety, her child safety, and Rin. She at least forced his hand to negotiate when he otherwise would never have given it thought, so how would he respond she was blunt but honest as always.

Post by Okane Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Okane would have quite the day planned it seemed. The war with his cousin in Iwagakure had been lost as Masaru fell to the plague. Sickness keeping him from victory it would seem. Personally he didn't have much in way of attachment to the man or the nation. He had never been there nor did he truly know anyone from Iwa aside from Masaru. It had been a quiet place in regards to anything they had wished of him. However the mountain alliance had attempted to grab power from Iron and that was a personal issue. With that thought in mind he had his own reservations. Seeing as how Masaru had been present to halt the attack. If not for his relationship with the young Ashitaka he would have virtually no ties with Konoha. However Ashitaka had left an impression on him and he rather liked the boy. Who found Konoha and its wars difficult. That said he was aware Konoha had won if not by brutal means with their alliance. Ahh how torn a lesser man would be. For now he was fairly neutral as he would be meeting both the individuals in the meeting for the first time.

Okane himself was dressed in an all white suit. His shoes, his pants, even his belt and tie were white. All of it bleached to perfect cleanliness without a mark or wrinkle anywhere on it. His suit was a three piece with a white button up shirt tucked in and a white vest with three golden buttons and golden cufflinks with the stag symbol on all of them. Jade earrings hung from both his ears as his pitch black hair flowed freely around his shoulders. His suit coat was also white with gold colored silk on the inside. He had found it amusing to dress in the color of surrender. Still his green eyes seemed to glow with power as they scanned the room. Yui was on her side of the table already making demands. Okane would smile as he walked up to her. Bowing his head quietly. Before introducing himself.

"My dear woman I can appreciate your passion. It drives mankind to great achievements. However to bring personal feelings into a negotiation and put a nation on the backburner. Very daring. I ask that you do try and remain civil while negotiating within my walls if you would. I will of course see to it that both sides find a fair deal here. Otherwise wars like this one can only continue. Costing lives and riches as they continue. Please. Do be seated."

He would continue to walk to the other side of the room where Nyg was already seated and smiled before bowing his head the same as he had done for Yui. "Ah you must be the current Hokage. If so I have heard a great deal of you from your student. He has been an excellent addition to my efforts here with his work. You really should visit the palace we built together before you leave. As I said with the other attending side to these negotiations however I expect a level of civility here. I hope you understand that a conquered people hold a great deal of spite usually for the conqueror. It will be a test of patience to keep the negotiations going. I assure you."

Okane would finally move to his seat at the center of the long table with the flag for the Stag symbol behind him. A man known for his neutrality presiding over the meeting. Before he sat though he would speak once more. "As both of you likely know, My name is Okane and this is my island. I am neutral to both parties. This is a place of peace and I expect it to remain as such. Any attempts at violence will be stopped immediately and a fifty thousand ryo fine will be placed on the offending party. Know your attempt will accomplish nothing more than a loss of revenue for you. This applies to both of you. That said, I believe the lady has already begun negotiations. Hokage, your reply if you please?"

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:55 am

Nyguyen returned the nod offered to him by Yui Kotoshura. She was more subdued which was good. The last thing he needed was to fight for his life at the Heavenly Emporium. The truce between nations on this ground was sacred and not even someone as reckless as Blast Yui would break it. They were soon joined by the Iron Prince himself. He was dressed in all white, perhaps as a symbol of his neutrality and the fact that these were technically surrender terms, although Nyguyen was not so haughty to refer to them as such.

When she brought the fact that he had been at her mercy, Nyguyen was not rankled. He was the victor here and he was content for Yui to get the venom out of her system. What he had said was accurate. Konoha's victory truly was inevitable and he expected that he'd need to teach her through total warfare the difference between Iwa and Konoha. Fortunately, cooler heads had prevailed. Kimiko Uchiha had talked Yui out of fighting and the rest of the combatants had withdrawn. Nyguyen's own students were grievously injured and although he wanted to hate Iwa and Kumo for their actions, he knew that it would be an exercise in futility. He had started this war, or at the very least, he had supported it with his full might. He brought his pupils into battle against opponents that he had underestimated. That was on him. He would not continue to punish Iwa beyond what was already taken from them. Once a deal was secured here, he'd focus his attention on the real enemy: Kumogakure no Sato.

Yui outright stated those terms that were non-negotiable for her. She wanted her name cleared and for Rin to be granted visitation rights. It was what Kimiko had offered and they weren't offensive enough for Nyg to retract them. Okane counseled patience and understanding to which the black man gave a gracious nod. It was best not to let emotions get the better of them. Not here and not now. When Okane mentioned Ashitaka's assistance at the Heavenly Emporium he raised an eyebrow. He wasn't aware that that was how the boy was spending his time but he had no objection to it. Ashitaka was mentally unwell and any activity that was productive yet peaceful was probably good for him. He wished that the boy had come to him first to ask his blessing, but there was no use prosecuting that case. The Heavenly Emporium was a neutral location and using his talents for the city's benefits did not hurt Konoha in any way.

"Ah, this is the first I'm hearing of it but I trust he only had good things to say" Nyguyen grinned but underneath it there was a bit of aggravation. Ashitaka was rather impulsive when it came to speaking his mind. He had no doubt that the boy had aired his frustrations to Okane and while his construction efforts weren't problematic, talking out of shop was. He'd need to speak with the Senju about that. "Ashitaka has gone through quite a bit so I'm glad he is deploying his talents in a constructive manner. Regardless of how beautiful it is, I would love to visit the palace at some point"

When asked for a reply, the Hokage folded his hands and gave Yui a confident grin.

"Kimiko is not the Hokage. Any terms she offers is always subject to my approval. But....I will honor the agreement. Iwagakure fought admirably in the Battle of Meijing and by all accounts you might have been able to defeat us or worse. Your retreat has earned you what was promised. As part of these accords...I will grant you a complete pardon for all past crimes. Your dealings with Menza, your assistance in the rebellion, all of it will be wiped clean. Naturally, I expect you to renounce the Society and all of its works. If I learn that you are still working with them then the pardon shall be nulled and we'll be back to square one. Rin will be permitted to leave Konoha and visit Iwagakure to be with his child. I'd hate to break up a family. The details of the visitation can be worked out but until things settle down he will have to return to Konoha at some point"

Nyguyen cleared his throat and continued.
    "Your instincts are correct though. That won't be the end of this discussion. Earth Province belongs to Konoha by right of conquest. The Second Hokage Satomi Uchiha rightfully took possession of that part of the world with the blessing of Masuyo Kaede and that won't be relinquished so easily. However, I am willing to consider a gradual plan of independence. The Mountain Alliance has proven to be more despicable than any Earth rebel I've read about. The Alliance's actions regarding Kariforunia Island was a travesty and a violation of every standard of human decency. I ordered my Nin to assist in the evacuation and I immediately withdrew all financial and technical support after I learned what they had done. Employing a mad man like Ken to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians was the straw that broke the camel's back. Konoha will send troops to dislodge the Mountain Alliance and push them out of the province. Iwagakure will be free of their influence but as I said before they will not be independent. As of this moment, Earth Province will remain part of the Fire Country but shall have the status of Autonomous Region. You can govern your affairs as you see fit. Masaru or his successor can retain his title as Tsuchikage" Nyguyen subtly had let Yui know that he was well aware of the vacuum of leadership in the aftermath of the Mountain Wars. "However, the Tsuchikage must be loyal to Konoha's interests. If we fight any wars we expect your aid and assistance to the best of your ability. If you refuse well then we are back to square one and I'm sure you can imagine what that entails. Additionally, Konoha will be taking 50% of Iwa's income. The other half you can do with what you please. The exclusives will be handed over to us as well."

Nyguyen paused. He wanted the weight of what he was saying to sink in. Okane had guaranteed their safety and had insisted a tax (a rather low one) would be imposed on the aggressor, but Nyg wasn't 100% sure that his words wouldn't provoke a response. He was ready to defend himself if need be. Once he was sure his demands did not engender violence, he'd get to the sweet part of the deal:

"After conferring with my advisers though I have been convinced this need not be a permanent state of affairs. Every quarter, Iwa will send Konoha a monthly report of its active shinobi, income, and assorted details of governance. Once Iwagakure has achieved total self-sufficiency then Lord Satomi's project will have been completed. The Earth Province will be able to stand on its hind legs and operate as a fully independent nation. You will no longer be beholden to Konoha, you will no longer need to pay the 50% tribute, and your exclusives will be given back to you. All you need to do is pay a final 2 Million Ryo Independence Tribute and Konoha will relinquish its claim to Earth Country. With regards to the Kaifeng Clan, they shall not be harmed. You will permit them to peacefully leave where they will be settled in the Fire Country. In return, the Kotoshura will be allowed to peacefully return to Iwa as promised."

Nyguyen sat back in his chair and let the offer marinate. Iwa had lost the war. They were severely outgunned and their leader was in a coma. They were in no room to negotiate, but the Hokage was okay with letting them save face. These Accords would allow Yui to walk out of here with her head held high. She and Masaru could claim that they won a moral victory. They brought Konoha to the table, secured a good deal, and could move on from the pains of the Mountain War. The reality was that Nyg intended to dictate the terms and enforce them. Iwa's independence, like its conquest, was all in Konoha's best interest.

Post by Kotoshura Yui Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:36 am

She listened to the man and nodded, she did need to be civil with Masaru in a coma she lacked any strength outside of herself in the village. She also needed to get back to her village and claim Kage to prevent power vacuum fights, while she liked everyone there none of them were strong enough to control the others. The mention of Aki not doing well brought a smile to her face, he was going to betray Konoha she knew this would come to. The little brat like him could not handle power and desired more and more power to the point he would eventually turn on his village.

"I do have a warning for you, Aki will betray your village, if you think you can keep a monster like him in check you are sadly mistaken. He will betray you to get more power and you will be helpless to stop him, you let him develop this mindset without punishment. You never choose to punish him for anything he's done, even with certain killings that can't be proven but we know he did it."

It seemed he agreed with Kimiko's offer, for the most part, still, he only thought he was the kage, in reality, she felt Kimiko and Aki would soon remove him for his failures in the war. To actually get independence he suggested fifty percent of their income, that was a bit high, how could they develop when all their income remaining would need to be spent on maintenance of the village alone. The help when called for war was also an issue, she refused to send her shinobi to kill the innocent or have Konoha take over the entire world, to defend Konoha when needed yes but to outright try to take over the world no chance in hell.

"The fifty percent is a bit high, how do you expect us to rebuild when the remaining budget would all need to be spent on maintenance and nothing else, had Konoha done what it should when it fully controlled Iwa we would not need to spend vast fortunes to rebuild the village. I suggest a delayed start to pay to allow us to at least get our main structures are taken care of and our defense set up, after all, if we lack defense it would pull you into another war if we were attacked."

She would wait for him to respond to this but she also wanted to make it clear she would not allow her village to destroy the world with conquest. To stop this current war yes she would help them but after this, unless Konoha was attacked she wanted no part in another war.

"We will help to stop the current war after this however do not expect us to be your vicious attack hounds to destroy the shinobi world. We want peace and time to grow as a nation and don't want to be pulled into pointless conflicts that only harm our standing in the world."

Post by Okane Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:03 pm

Okane would settle back into his seat and listen. His left leg would fold over his right as he smiled. Whenever someone spoke he would turn his attention to them. Those glowing green eyes seemed to see all. When he made eye contact it was as if he could read their thoughts. well that was how it may feel to lesser individuals. For now he was dealing with two people in charge of a village each. People who had more reason to fight than to make peace. Idly his hand would move to pick at his pants leg as the two spoke of income and paying back Konoha for their losses on the war. Oh how interesting though. The percentage was so high. Okane would smile as he settled back into his chair and listened. So the Hokage wanted half their income and to have his own personal extended forces. People to die for their country so their own didn't have to. It was a dangerous proposition. If they continued their attacks on the other nations than it would force those loyal to Iwa to die for a cause not their own. Amusing as the thought was he knew it wouldn't fly. Of course....likely the man knew it as well. Negotiate high and let them go negotiate down from there. A proper diplomacy tactic. A little give here but plenty of take. However he had agreed to the non negotiable part so there was already progress.

Of course her reply was to warn him of a man named Aki. So there was someone powerful in Konoha that Iwa thought was dangerous and out of control. They had no proof but they were willing to bring it up during negotiations. A risky move but if it turned out to have merit, it meant that Konoha was harboring someone dangerous and if they ignored it...well that was going to show weakness on their part. However she also insinuated there wasn't anything they could do about it now. Was it possible there was someone so powerful that all of Konoha couldn't stop them if they went rogue? How alarming. His attention remained on her as she mentioned the need for rebuilding. Ahh so here was the part where they attempted to negotiate down on the steep price. Of course she would give him the counter offer to simply postpone the payment while they rebuilt. From what Okane understood there had been a great deal of damage and life lost during the war. She would pause for dramatic effect and then continue to explain that they would not be attack dogs for Konoha. They would help with this war but not beyond that.

Okane would smile and clear his throat as he looked to gain the attention of both present. He would sit forward and place his folded hands on the table. If they gave him the opportunity to speak he would smile and as he spoke his voice would be like silk on the ears. Almost hypnotic in nature. Like a lullaby you forgot you knew.

"If I may, If you wish to claim a percentage of another nations income you will need a representative in Iwa to look over their finances. Being as there is already someone you will be allowing visitation rights, I suggest they are a good fit for the position. As for finances and rebuilding defenses. I have a proposal that suits both. Have your man in Iwa monitor their finances. Let them rebuild and pay their shinobi and from whats left after expenses take fifty percent of that. This allows Iwa to rebuild and expand still while Konoha still regains some lost funding. However indefinitely until Konoha is satisfied isn't a great line to draw. I suggest a solid number to be paid back. If Iwa happens to choose to pay more than their fifty percent after their expenses to clear it, they can be free sooner. As for the assistance in war, well that's very open ended. I suggest another alternative. Iwa agrees to station troops along Konoha's borders to defend Konoha in any war they do not openly provoke. This creates an alliance based on defense instead of offense. allowing Konoha to dedicate more troops to their war efforts if they are provoked instead. If you trust them enough to let them risk their lives you should trust them enough to defend your home. Perhaps even place an Iwagakure outpost in Konoha and the same in reverse in Iwa."

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Nyguyen's face soured as Yui trash talked Akihiro. The situation in Moonspire had been explained to him and although he might have handled it differently, ultimately he stood behind the young man. The decision was tough but reasonable and  they'd with the consequences as they saw fit. Nyg knew Yui was bringing this up to get under his skin. There was bad blood between the Kotoshura and the Sparrow. Nyguyen was certain that Akihiro's assassination of Yui's cousin played a role but there was a lot more there. He didn't want to delve into it but he couldn't let her insult to his clan member go unanswered.

"Akihiro has proven more loyal and useful to Konoha than you ever have. But we are not here to talk about my family, we're here to bring peace to our nations. Please refrain from insulting my nation's Head Strategist."

When Yui balked at the 50% figure he remained stone faced. It was an extremely high cost but he felt that Iwa had the funds to pay for it. The War in the Mountains had not touched Iwagakure no Sato. The village was fine and had not experienced any significant damage recently. Even Satomi's sacking had been relatively tame compared to what Kyoji had accomplished in the Land of Iron. He didn't plan on budging with respect to the percentage but Yui's request that Iwa-Nin not take part in wars of aggression was respectable. There was a consensus growing in the shinobi world that wars of conquest were unlawful although given the current state of affairs few were willing to codify these amorphous norms.

Okane chimed in with a reasonable compromise. Nyg turned to face the man as he considered his words. He seemed to agree that the 50% figure was too high and that it would be ideal to use Rin as an accountant of sorts. Unfortunately, based on Rin's previous actions, he wasn't confident that the former Uchiha could be trusted to do the task. Both as a matter of loyalty and competence. He stroked his beard and gave a counter-reply:

"I do not trust Rin Uchiha to give a full and complete accounting of Iwa's assets. I will send my own team of analysts to look over Iwa's books. I'm willing to come down to 25% per month but there will be no grace period nor any set date. You will pay the monthly fee for as long as it takes for you to become self-sufficient. I expect payments to start immediately after this peace deal is signed. The 2 Million price for independence will stay as such....I'm sure you'll get assistance paying it. Kumo seemed more than happy to put its ninja on your soil to defend you...maybe they'd open up their treasury just as easily as they open up their armoury"

Nyguyen smiled maliciously. He despised Yui's recklessness and abject hatred of the Uchiha so squeezing her little village was amusing. He couldn't afford to totally ruin Iwa as that would just cause sectarian backlash. If they were pushed to the point of no return then they'd have nothing to lose and start bombing Konoha's interests. Terrorists like her were troublesome, especially during major wars. He had come down on the monthly figure but that didn't mean she would be getting off the hook so easily.

"I agree with Okane's compromise regarding the war. Iwa will station troops along Konoha's coastlines and will only participate in operations that revolve around defending the Fire Country. I will not ask you to participate in wars of aggression or offensive operations against our enemies. I'll decline to put bases in your country, I imagine they won't be welcome the second independence is achieved....likewise having a permanent Iwa base in the Fire Country is excessive. You will have a temporary operating base for ensuring our coastal defense."

Nyguyen hoped this counter-proposal was acceptable. He held all the cards and he wasn't afraid to walk. It would be a thorn in his side but decimating Iwa quickly was better than fighting a war on two fronts.

Post by Kotoshura Yui Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:19 am

She laughed at the thought Aki was loyal, one-day Nyg would regret trusting him so much when he falls on the blade that he trusted so much. That was not her problem though, it also appeared he would lower it to twenty-five percent but no grace period and no set end date, this was still a bit high and she could tell by Nygs smug expressions he was doing it only to get back at Yui. Still, this was more reasonable, she also negotiated a deal where they would not attack but instead defend Konoha only, this was optimal as it would allow her to build up the village properly. This likely was the best deal she could get, she sure did not want to push more and have him leave the table, with a sigh she offered out her hand. If he accepted it meant the peace deal was reached and the war between the nations over, still she seethed because Akari had given Iwa its freedom, and this jerk ignored her release of the village.

"With this, we will be at peace we will not show any aggression toward Konoha, and trust me when I say I do not like the society as a whole, nor do I like Jashinists and their insanity I am for order and they are both chaos. I won't deal with them any further and truth be told had Aki actually joined Rin and myself in the nine tail fight like he promised us he would we never would have had to call for help in desperation. Before you ask how I ever came in contact with Menza let me give you the information you likely seek to show my transparency he was the one that did the surgery and gave me the knowledge of my clans kinjutsu. He came to me in the middle of the night and offered the information, I did not refuse as at the time I was an angry teen and wanted power to defeat my foes. This is the truth regardless if you believe me or not, I want Menza dead more then you can ever imagine along with the traitor Kyoji that had me tossed into Kiris fighting pits while a Konoha shinobi and these pits were a fight to the death."

She was sure this information would shock him, they did not have all these details like how she had ever met Menza but the fact he appeared in her house in Konoha and was not detected should give Nyg a worry. She never called him he appeared to her directly, meaning he had seals inside the Konoha village using FTG. She would not talk about her suspicions about how Menza got them in there but something was certainly not right. She hoped he would agree to her handshake and realize the information she gave him showed she offered true transparency with her dealing with the society she did not know of Rin's actions with them and had nothing to do with them.

Post by Okane Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:36 pm

Okane would smile and refrain from chuckling at the hate spewed for the Society. No doubt if they knew of his involvement with them they wouldn't work with him beyond this point. Then again he did supply anyone who came to him as a true neutrality. Aside from personal concerns anyway. The death of his reflection had made him wary of certain individuals but he was still open to hearing them out. They spoke of the society being chaos and how they were for order and he felt his finger tapping impatiently. True order stemmed from chaos. Or at least that was his opinion. Still the matter would be reported to Nozomi in due time. His only real contact with them thus far. For now it didn't matter. Konoha had been after them before and now it simply meant that Iwa wouldn't shelter them any further. Suna on the other hand seemed more open to powerful allies. At least ones they couldn't say no to anyway. For now Okane was fulfilling his role wonderfully as a mediator. There was a lot of take and give from either side but it seemed like they had both reached a level they were comfortable with.

Yui had even gone so far as to reach out her hand. However Okane was looking over at the Hokage with a watchful gaze. He was going to help them with his military might and then refrain from stationing troops there? Of course the locals wouldn't like it but he had the opportunity to station there permanently if he so wished. He held the power in these particular negotiations as the victorious side. Yet he was willing to let them run fairly rampant except for a specific set of people to keep an eye on their finances. He was being very lenient which led Okane to wonder if he would in fact have other means of observing them outside of what was discussed in these accords. Still Okane would nod to a nearby servant and the servant would step forward. Bringing a scroll with him. A simple blank scroll but that was the intention. Once it was placed in front of Okane the tip of his index finger would turn to steel from the last knuckle up and he would touch the page with it. As he did all that had been agreed to would be scribbled in chakra ink spreading from where he touched with two lines for signatures and his own signature above them as a witness. Pens covered in silver plating for Iwa and gold plating for Konoha would be brought forth on silk cushions for them each as the document would be passed to Konoha first.

"As much as I do enjoy the times where a hand shake is enough to settle a matter, when it comes to the lives of entire nations a legally binding document should be involved. Please, do take your time to read over everything before you sign. A copy will be sent to each of your administration buildings and the main document will remain here. Once this is all settled please, feel free to explore the Emporium to your hearts content. Enjoy our cuisine and the view. If you wish to stay the night a penthouse at the Stag tower will be made available to each of you. If not transportation back to the ground will be readily available as well if you need it. Do note that if either side breaks this contract, there will be a one million ryo fine paid to the other side and the contract will be brought back to review. Thank you both for your candor today."

Stats:

Nyguyen Uchiha
    Nyguyen Uchiha

Post by Nyguyen Uchiha Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Nyguyen grinned as Yui agreed to his terms. Although the more she spoke, the harder it was to control his mirth.

"I am for order and they are both chaos."
    "Hah!"

Yui Kotoshura and agent of order?! Spare me. As she continued speaking though, her words gave him pause. She mentioned that it was Menza that had given her the famed Iwagakure Kinjutsu. This was a new nugget information that Rin had not shared although it was reasonable that Yui would withhold this from him. Rin had mentioned that Menza had indebted Yui by resurrecting her dead brother. Nyg had searched the records and had found out that Taichi Kotoshura did in fact die from the plague only to have been part of the wave of resurrections that took place in the early 930s. It was rather suspicious and Nyg wanted to corroborate that bit of evidence. He would ask her a question he already knew the answer to. If Yui answered correctly then he knew that he had made the right decision. Yui was a reckless and stubborn Iwa Nationalist, but she was not a willing participant in the Society's schemes. They had targeted a pair of young, dumb, madly in love teenagers and had used them to wreak havoc in the ninja world. Nyguyen could live with this deal knowing that Rin and Yui weren't truly evil just grossly misled.

"You mentioned Menza made first contact with you and gave you the Iwakagure Kinjutsu....was that all he gave you?"

Nyguyen was testing Yui. If she lied and said nothing else then he knew that he could not trust her to uphold this deal. If he she told the truth about Taichi and corroborated Rin's story regarding Menza's role, then he knew that for all their faults they could be counted on in the war against the Society. Once he had his answer, he'd merely nod and turned to Okane.

"I do believe that is appropriate thank you....not just for this but your efforts towards peace in general. I found your mediation helpful and as always your willingness to provide a neutral location for diplomacy is deeply appreciated. I'm afraid I cannot stay much longer as I must return to Konoha but we will break bread together soon Okane."

Once the paperwork was prepared, Nyguyen would activate his Sharingan and used it to review every single letter of every single word. Once he was absolutely certain that it memorialized every aspect of their oral agreement, he would sign it. Nyguyen would then turn to Yui and shake her hand. It was a firm and final gesture that although simple, would finally end the war between their two nations. He would turn and do the same for Okane, less to seal the deal and more to reiterate his gratitude for the mediation.

"Now if you will excuse me, I must take my leave."

Nyg would leave the PR and flashy statements for his communications team. He had done his duty. The Mountain Wars had ended in a definitive Fire Country victory. Konoha and Iwagakure were finally at peace.

Exit.

Post by Kotoshura Yui Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:17 pm

He asked when she first made contact her first contact was yes just the Kinjutsu the second contact however when she called him desperate to revive her brother was when she owed him. He had placed a seal on her first contact and it allowed him to instantly appear to her when she needed him the second time.

"The first time he had placed what I later learned was an FTG seal on my foot, I used this seal to call him to revive my brother, I was so grief-stricken I made a terrible choice. Had I never summoned him the second time and the third time all of this would have never happened. We all could have been spared but I must live with the terrible and stupid choices I made as a young fool. The third time if you have not guessed was when Rin and myself were about to die to ninetails, we had to defeat the beast and he had helped us seal the beast into Rin but at a terrible cost. As for his FTG seal on me, I blew my foot off he had it on and regrew it using my gates, which should give you a hint at what sort of resolve I have for survival."

She was once again very open and transparent likely giving him even more details he did not have, she was sure he knew about Kyoji betraying Konoha sand having her tossed into the pits to fight to the death it had been in her reports she filed with Akari. Yui would also sign the paper making it final, she really hoped Konoha would not be stupid enough to send mocking bird to attack using it as a guise for them acting innocent. She knew of this organization and he would not be able to trick her nation like he had others. Once Nyg had taken his leave Yui would bow politely to Okane and take her leave, she felt something off about this person but whatever he got her peace and that's all she wanted.

EXP:4X20=80
    -Exit Thread-

Post by Okane Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:49 am

Okane was rather pleased with how the meeting had gone. There were still hostilities of course but there was a treaty signed now. The issue is to some this was just paper. There was no one to enforce the rules of contracts upon their heads. He hoped their honor would hold this in check but for now his worries would have to wait. Copies would be made and sent to each of the nations but the original would be locked in his vault. With that done and two of the world leaders leaving his city he could rest again. Relax a little even.

Exit thread
    4 posts at 15 exp a post = 60 exp

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content