Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Taming Lightning (Shimiko)

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire, Water, Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Taming Lightning (Shimiko) Empty Taming Lightning (Shimiko)

Post by Valen Minamoto Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:45 am

Information:

Tamwyn waited patiently at the designated Dojo within the Defense Coordination Center. His breathing was calm and even as his mind wandered. He was early so it was no surprise he was the first one here. He had come beforehand to calm himself. He didn't really need to do it to start the fight. Raijū could pull him and his partner in the moment he closed his eyes and willed it so long as they were in physical contact. However calming himself will keep him steady as he fought down the ever-burning unyielding rage he had within him over what had transpired at Moonspire. He wanted vengeance for those deaths, wanted to take the cost of those lives out in blood. Ever singe it had happened, ever since the shock and disbelief had faded, and the anger settled in to take it's place. His had been a burning yellow. Before they had glowed brightly when he had used Lightning chakra. Countless people had seen him like that. But it had always faded, now? Now they were always bright due to the unconscious Lightning chakra he was channeling as he battled his own inner turmoil of the events of Moonspire.

He had been relegated to an observer there. The moment Damien had given him the order to stay there and protect Yenn. He had been forced to stay, all because of a stupid seal. Because if he tried to disobey the engraved markings upon his very bones would paralyze him and leave him well and truly useless to defend anyone if the group that had done the attacking had found the underground levels. He knew some blamed him for the 'being a coward', 'Doing nothing while the one who was supposed to be protecting died'. He let them for the most part, he blamed himself after all. He knew, intellectually, that there was nothing he could do. However he also felt like that didn't matter. Regardless, he was going to take payback. He needed to ensure that no one felt like they could take shots at Kumogakure and get away with it. His soon to be wife and unborn twins needed a safe place they could stay. The best way to do that now was to ensure that future greivances, imagined or not, at Kumogakure needed to be aired out diplomatically. Because doing so violently would not end well for the party that tried.

Which brings him to why he was sitting, yes sitting, cross legged in the middle of a Dojo in the Defense Coordination Center. For he had an access to more power, a way to obtain more strength that not many would find it easy to equal. Raijū was the companion spirit of a long dead god. A demigod of lightning in it's own right. He searched the lands endlessly for suitable partners to bond and fight alongside. The beast itself had been immortal after all. He had found a potential one in Tamwyn, and had made his presence known to him. Had given him some of his trust and the ability to earn to right to call himself the beasts partner by fighting it. Tamwyn had gone to Shimiko, asking for assistance in that fight and she had acquiesced.

He had followed instructions and gone to the address he had been given and spoken to the man had named as 'Mr. Deero'. The man asked questions and had Tamwyn explain all he knew once Tamwyn made it clear that all of his knowledge of 'Raijū' was instinctive, given to him by the wolf itself and not stated. For Raijū did not, or could not speak. He had explained how the fight would work, they would enter the mindscape to find a clear, empty field, with a storm brewing above them. A white direwolf would be waiting for them patiently. They would have as much time as necessary to adjust to any differences they might find, which should be none, and only when Tamwyn gave the wolf the signal that they were prepared would Raijū begin. The beast would grow to a size of six meters, which they were to let him reach before starting. Once he reached that size, a crack of lightning would strike the ground nearby, signaling the beginning of the fight.

They were to fight as if their life depended on it, for it did. Failure was not met with a second chance, they would simply be killed, and that was all. Victory was a simple enough task in theory, beat the wolf via any means. Obliterate him into nothing, cut him to ribbons, beat him to a pulp, it didn't matter how they won, they just had to make the beast unable to fight. Unable to continue, doing so successfully would cause another lightning bolt to strike Tamwyn himself, which would both act as the signal for success, and forcefully, but safely, eject both him and Shimiko from the mindscape. Shimiko had accused him of not preparing before, but he ensured that wasn't the case this time. Going so far as to inform Mr. Deero that his teammate, Mōtimā Midori-Okō Kurama, or 'Mort', for simplicity had been told of this. Because Mort could break them out of the fight if it became necessary due to some emergency. He was a safety buffer for them in case they needed to come out to defend Kumogakure.

He had informed Mr. Deero of Raijū's capabilities, the threats they might face, the power of his tooth and claw, the techniques he might know. All had been explained so that everything could be planned for. He had been given further instructions, to meet Shimiko here at this Dojo. This is where they would go into his mindscape to fight down a demigod. It was going to be one hell of a fight and part of Tamwyn, a large part of him was looking forward to it. "The power to protect my  fiancée and unborn twins, and Kumogakure..The power to avenge Moonspire..I'm coming to take it Raijū." He would say softly, his tone determined. Outside a bolt of lightning flashed across the sky and he swore in the accompanying thunder he heard the howl of a great wolf. An acceptance of the coming challenge and an excitement of his own.

Tamwyn sat, garbed in his armor which looked exactly like his normal clothing, fashioned by Ryuko. His trench knives remained at his side in their small side sheathes, the open finger slots available for easy arming. He was as physically prepared as he could be. He had left a Will with Yenn, which would give all of his Darhk Industry shares to Mort if Tamwyn should fall. He would give them to Yenn but she didn't like money or knew how to handle it. The Will simply requested Mort ensure she was taken care of. All else, which essentially included his and Yenn's home, and a scroll with all his personal techniques. As well as the equipment he was currently wearing, were to be left to Yenn. In speaking of Mort though, the man would be nearby, in another room perhaps, ready to come in the moment word of an attack came. Mr. Deero, being Shimiko's ANBU contact would probably ensure that word of any such emergency came here first and foremost so that Mort could release them. All that was left was for Shimiko to arrive and get comfortable, then they could get started. It was still a bit early though, but he didn't fidget, he simply sat quietly, breathing in calmly, it was never a good idea to let yourself get nervous if you could help it. This was a challenge like any other, and it would be transcended like any other.

Renown: 9,250
    Ryo: 8,750,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Outdated at this point
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Taming Lightning (Shimiko) Empty Re: Taming Lightning (Shimiko)

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:15 pm

Spoiler:

Shimiko marched into the Defense Coordination Center like a woman on a mission. She was a woman on a mission. It was a single mission but there were layers to it. The first and most immediate layer was to assist one of Ryuko's students in a battle against their chosen entity. It was a straight-forward task requiring that she do what she do best, fight and kill. On the off-chance that things went awry, Seid would be in the next room with Mort ready to terminate the battle. The second layer was a bit harder to wrestle with. It was to determine whether or not she could actually trust this Lightning Ward. He had said nothing that gave Mr. Deero pause but that didn't mean he was scott-free off the hook. Shimiko had many enemies, especially since she had offed the Lady Superior of the Orthodox Church of Jashin and installed her own children as its leaders. Disgruntled Lee-hei acolytes, Konoha shinobi, and Kiri-Nin were just a fraction of those that wanted her dead. Given the forces that hated her, it wouldn't be impossible to breach her inner circle and put her in a position where she'd be vulnearable. This was Ryuko's student yes, but Rini had given her an interesting tidbit of information about the man. Hot wheels had a mouth on her but Shimiko could tell she wasn't in the habit of lying, at least not about this.

She had sensed a certain vibe from Tamwyn back in the War Council. She had chalked it up to him feeling guilty about Damien's death but now she was sure there was more than that. He was being haunted by something and she was connected to it. The blonde's religion was the most obvious choice but she couldn't be sure. She'd need to wring that piece of knowledge from him before she was willing to risk her own life trying to gain him more power. The third and final layer to this complex puzzle was that of her village. How could she balance the ever evolving chessboard of friends and enemies. Tamwyn was a microcosm for her whole life. He was a potential ally and yet she had received credible testimony that he hated her guts. Nozomi was her sworn enemy and yet her best friend saw her as a potential ally. An Uchiha that she once thought she could trust as both a friend and respected counter-part had turned out to be a treacherous cutthroat. Shimiko's tangled web of alliances and enmities made it difficult to discern who she could trust and now that Kumo might be relying on her, one wrong decision could doom her nation.

She would not sully Nariko's legacy, nor Ryuko's, nor Seigi's. She'd see this through and Tamwyn was a personal test. Could she accurately deduce his intentions and win him over as a loyal comrade? Or would she reject him out of distrust? Or would she put her faith in him only to suffer a final and permanent betrayal? So many possibilities but only one ending.

Shimiko threw open the doors of the dojo and walked inside. She saw Tamwyn sitting on the ground as cool as a cucumber. She strode over to him and knelt down maintaining perfect posture but there was a tension to her actions that betrayed an unmistakable level of aggression. She was wired. She waited for him to say something even a hell before acting. The woman had her Ketsuyrgan active but the moment he opened his mouth, she'd unsheath one of her Tessen and hold it against his neck. The speed and unexpectedness of the action was designed to catch him off guard. If he had any degree of discernment, he'd know she wouldn't hurt him. It'd be tactically unsound for her to do so in her current kneeling position. If he didn't flinch or make any sudden movements then she'd know that this would be more of a mental interrogation than a physical one.

That was good. If she had to beat the truth out of him, it'd be very ugly. He'd be in no shape to fight the Thunder Beast. As the storm raged outside, one would rage within the halls of Kumo's Defense Center. A battle of wits with the prize being one Jashinist's trust. Shimiko spoke first:

"Why do you hate me?"

If he lied or gave a non-answer then he'd be sent back considerably in her mind. Past the point of her refusing to help him and into the territory of being a threat to close to remain untroubled. This wasn't just her assistance he was trying to gain, it was avoiding her ire.

Active: Ketsurygan

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:41 am

The dojo doors opened suddenly, and Shimiko Chinoike leather clad and pigtailed strode into the room. Tamwyn's luminous yellow eyes were drawn to her as she moved. Not just because she was the only other person in the room. Anyone, and he meant anyone, could accept and appreciate the fact that Shimiko was stunning, and the woman drew heads wherever she went. Of course, that was probably part of the point of the outfit. It utilized her physical assets as a distraction while still keeping to functionality. If she could distract even those she lived near, what could she do to the attention of those that had never seen her or fought her before? However any look that might come from Tamwyn would be one of simple appreciation and not of desire or want. He had Yenn, and he loved her more than anything in the world. There was something odd about her though, a tension in her actions, she was aggressive? Was she angry over something else or was it him? Was she mad about his interruption of her at the training grounds and his request? That was possible, but it didn't feel right.

Her eyes were also active, and they hadn't even started. So clearly the anger had to be directed at him for some reason, to what reason he couldn't fathom. He wouldn't speak a formal greeting, instead he would nod his head to her in greeting although the look in his eyes would betray a confusion as to the situation. He opened his mouth to speak, to ask her if something was wrong, but when he did there would be a war fan at his throat. An eyebrow raise of curiosity would follow. She wasn't trying to kill him, she wouldn't have come through the front door like that if she was. She certainly wouldn't have let him see her if she could help it and she certainly wouldn't hold the weapon to his throat to gaze into his yellow eyes before doing so. He wouldn't flinch, or move, beyond the raised eyebrow of course. The storm outside raged, and he wasn't sure if was caused by Yenn's feeling of fear and anger at the situation, or not. Shimiko spoke, five words that causes the other eyebrow to raise along with it's brother. "Ah" He would say simply at first, she had caught wind of his general dislike of..Wait..why did he hate her? He didn't personally, but why would she think that. Another look of confusion came across his features after a moment of silence he would speak.

"On a personal level, that is you personally Shimiko, I don't. Which is why I'm confused, I can't imagine why you would think I hated you." He would begin before squinting his eyes in thought. He began to speak calmly, letting his thoughts out so that she could understand he was trying to the bottom of where that claim might have come from. "The only two times we've come near one another, to my knowledge, was the meeting in the Audience Chamber, and when I came to you asking for help. I can't imagine anything I'd done to disrespect you at our meeting in the training ground so it must have been the meeting.." He mind flashed through the events, his report of events, Yenn being sick in the plant because of it all, Shimiko's arrival, his impromptu promotion, Rini's analysis of the-...Ah. "Rini said something after Yenn and I left." He would say quietly, his eyes meeting hers again now that he had come to a conclusion he though was the correct one.

"I don't know what she said, but I can't imagine she's perfect all of the time. I'll admit Shimiko that if she saw me note your arrival, she would indeed have picked up on hate. However I can't see how she could have picked up on the reasoning for it or the true target. I don't hate you. I don't know enough about you personally to do so and you've never taken something from me or done some atrocious thing to me and mine. Not you. It's the Jashinism Church I despise." He would say, his voice still calm, but getting an edge to it when he spoke the name of the church. "You can hate an organization without hating the individual members. Now, as much as I dislike doing so, I'll explain why to you. So that you understand, because I don't want there to be any misunderstandings between us. See, Jashnists, took my parents from me when I was a boy, and cut them open like a hog upon their sacrificial altars." He would say, his eyes becoming a tad brighter as his anger rose at the remembrance. "When I was a child my parents barely made ends meet, and when we lost our home they put me up with a family friend while they tried to get a home for us again. They wanted me to have a roof over my head while they slept in the streets, like homeless wretches, just trying to make a living to buy a home for us once more. They disappeared a few months later, and rumors abound about how the church used to take the homeless, take orphans, and use them for their sacrifices. Could I be blamed for hating them? For hating that church with everything I am? I don't hate you Shimiko, you're at best a year or two older than me and I was four. You couldn't have held the knife that ended my parents, my only living family." He would say, his voice remaining calm and respectful, if a bit clipped at the end.

"You've noticed my lack of a last name I'm sure. I don't even know what it is, that family friend that was taking care of me gave me up to the orphan system and I never knew it. Put yourself in my place, could you blame me for hating the Jashinists? For despising them for what they did to me? For taking everything that mattered to me and ripping it away? But I'm making my way in this world. I've obtained a measure of strength, I've worked my way from orphan to the aristocratic, and most importantly of all. I've a family of my own coming. Yenn has agreed to marry me, and we're expecting twins. Right now I couldn't care less about the Jashinist Church so long as they don't try to take what's mine from me again. Because I have the strength now to take something from them too. However your Jashinist ties aren't the only thing you are. I despise the Jashinist in you, but I respect the shinobi in you far more. It's why I came to you for help with this after Ryuko disappeared. It's why I never questioned going to anyone else. Now luckily, I've made it very clear to Yenn that there is a solid chance I die here tonight. So if you're going to slit my throat and kill me, at least get it over with, but if you do I hope you can look her in the eye when you tell her I won't be coming home when you know you're the cause." He would say, finishing his response. It's funny how five simple words, could cause such a response isn't it? His yellow eyes, alight with lightning as he stared into her Ketsurygan waiting for her to either slide that war fan across his throat, or take it away.

Stats:

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Tamwyn's decision not to make any sudden moves proved that he was smart. If he was a proper idiot then not only would his life be in jeopardy by way of Shimiko, but any chance of him surviving the entity fight would be reduced to nill. A battle of such character was not for those of feeble mind or body. The young man remained still but the surprise was clear on his face. His initial reaction told Shimiko a lot. The most important thing she had discerned was that he did in fact hate her and that what was about to come out of is mouth was some trumped up technicality, caveat, or condition. It wouldn't do anything to lessen the anger she felt and the only reason she didn't lob his head off right then and there, was because she wanted to hear him confirm her suspicions with his own voice.

Tamwyn blabbered about how little they knew each other. He prattled on about them only meeting twice as if it was supposed to mean something. Shimiko had only met Nozomi in person once and it was more than enough to engender a lifetime of hate. Shinobi encounters were brief but could decide the fate of whole nations. He had proven himself not to be a dullard so far but Shimiko might re-evaluate that depending on what he said next. She didn't buy his explanation of not hating her personally but she allowed him to continue. After a mouthful of words she had deemed meaningless, they finally arrived at the truth of the matter.

The Orthodoxy had made a sacrifice of his parents.

If this was the Shimiko of a year ago, she'd have smirked. Shimiko of two or three years ago would have laughed in his face and taunted him. Shimiko of five years ago would have praised Jashin's name and opened up his throat before he could say another blasphemy. Fortunately for both of them, Shimiko was not that sort of person anymore. Ryuko, Seigi, and her Twins had showed her a better way. A way to be more true to her God while respecting the lives of others. It was why she sat and listened stone-faced as Tamwyn told his life's story. Judging from the timeline, it was indeed rather likely his parents had fallen victim to the Church. Before the religion had been legalized and given access to those on death row, they had made sacrifices of those who would not be missed. Criminals, homeless men and women, orphans, and rural folk were all targeted to fulfill the spiritual demands of the faith. Shimiko had gleefully taken part in more than her fair share of such sacrifices. She wasn't sure if she had killed his parents and she certainly wouldn't remember their names. A dark shame crept in her spirit as she realized that she may have very well created an enemy within Kumo. It was the reason why she had gone against Mora and installed the Twins as the Orthodoxy's new leader. She had been convinced that if they continued down this path, the nation would be consumed in civil war and it would not be able to fulfill the prophesies promised to them by the Necrossiah. It was a tough choice but one she did not regret. Hearing Tamwyn's story made her thankful that the madness had stopped when it did.

Shimiko was wise enough to let him talk but that didn't mean he was off the hook. She couldn't afford to show weakness, kindness, or mercy. She had reformed but she was still true to herself. Jashin was her God and to hear Tamwyn speak out against what she had done in his name, rankled her more than her senses could restrain. She also found his response dodgy and flirted with the idea of killing him anyways. When he managed to outright state that he hated the Jashinist in her, she knew he was past the point of trying to save his own life. It was a damning statement and it was likely the core of what Rini had meant. When Tamwyn said he didn't hate her personally and that he merely hated the Jashinist side of her, he was in fact confirming every word of Rini's accusation.

The Jashinist part of Shimiko was Shimiko. There was no one without the other.

When he bid that she murder him and look Yenn in the eye and tell her why, she retracted the fan and smacked him on the cheek with the dull side. She was very weak and so the act amounted to nothing more than a love tap. Shimiko withdrew the fan and reopened it in a flash. She began to fan herself silently as she kept eye contact with him. She didn't appear to be thinking but she wasn't speaking either. The only sound that was made was the soft woosh of the fan as it reduced her temperature and temperament.

"........"

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Tamwyn would sit, making eye contact with her as he spoke and he wouldn’t break it. He wouldn’t avert his eyes from hers, bloodline active or no. When the woman removed the fan from his throat and smacked him lightly on the cheek with the dull side he wouldn’t even flinch. His own strength more than enough to not let such a tap move him. When she began fanning herself with it, never breaking contact, the only sound in the room the sound of her fan as she used it to fan herself. He would let the silence move on as he considered his own words before realizing his mistake in what he had said. He sighed moderately, but still didn’t remove his eyes from her. He wasn’t afraid of her, even if she killed him, which she could, that was the worst she could do. But he had far too much potential militarily and for some reason he doubted she would cut the throat of her previous friend’s student. Still, an apology was in order.

“I apologize, the reminder of my parents caused me to speak without thinking. I..disagree..with the rite of human sacrifice. Vehemently so, and my rage over parents I’ll never get to know because of it will probably never cease. At the same time, unless you were sacrificing people at the age of six. It couldn’t have possibly been you to do the deed and that’s no reason to take it out on you.” He would begin, still not looking away from her eyes as he spoke. He took a moment to choose his words, hopefully well in this case as he still did want her help. In the end he pointed at his chest. Well, not specifically, he pointed at the golden disk that held his cloak in place. Engraved upon it was the symbol of Kumogakure. He eschewed a headband in light of that pin and he spoke quietly as he brought it fully to attention. “I’m a Kumogakure shinobi. My, disagreements, with some parts of it’s society doesn’t change that in any way, shape, or form. Jashinism is legal and people do choose to practice it. Even I don’t think you trick or force people into such a thing.” He would say, speaking as if he were trying to make a point clear.

“I’m not going to do anything against Kumogakure. That includes the legal establishment of the church. I can disagree with something, or someone without causing it harm. Granted, if I ever found the son of a bitch who used the knife when the religion wasn’t. I’d demand justice. But I doubt that individual will never be identified. At the end of the day though, no matter how I feel about the religion as a whole my loyalty is to the village and my family. I’ll do my duty, even if I do it alongside, or to protect a Jashinist. Do I get angry at the remembrance of my parents? Do I want revenge on the ones who did it? Wouldn’t you? But that doesn’t mean I’m going to attack, or do anything against one who didn’t do the deed.” He would say, finishing finally as he taking a deep breath. Then a thought occurred to him. “Wait, why bring this up now? If Rini told you this at the meeting then you could’ve mentioned it at the training ground when I came to ask for your help. You certainly didn’t have to accept helping me if you were intending to kill me. So why do all this?” He would ask, a questioning eyebrow raised. His hands would still be laying palm up and open on his knees as he sat, legs crossed. A meditative position. He wouldn’t have moved the entire time since he arrived, even with threat of violence against him. When the woman was ready, if she was still helping him, all she would have to do was place her hands in his and close her eyes and try to calm her mind. He would mentally request Raijū to bring him into the battlefield. When the beast did, Shimiko’s physical contact would allow the beast to bring her along too.

Stats:

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:20 am

Shimiko didn't react when he apologized. It did surprise her though and it tipped her off to just how desperate he was for her help. Either that or Ryuko really had gotten her hooks into him. The late Queen was the only person Shimiko knew who could read her so well and tailor her words accordingly. Shimiko was flattered that he felt the need to apologize to her for being angry at the death of his own parents. It was enough to make her overlook the fact that he had expressed disapproval of her religious rites, although he wouldn't be the first. The timeline was also interesting in that if it was that long ago then Shimiko was indeed not responsible for their deaths. A fact that a small part of her was grateful for. She had joined the religion around twelve or so and thus couldn't have taken part in such a murder. It was possible that another Orthodoxy member did it, or perhaps another serial killer or a human trafficker. It was also possible they had simply abandoned him, but not even Shimiko was so cruel as to verbally pose this theory.  

He continued to speak about how his loyalty was to the village. He was willing to set aside his hatred of the Church and its teachings if it meant serving the greater good. It was a feeling Shimiko could relate to. It pained her to see heathen faiths congregate in the land of the Necrossiah. Buddhism. Hakkinism. Ninshuu. All false religions worshiping false gods and yet she had forced herself to tolerate it for so long. Tamwyn was willing to do the same and that moved the needle closer to where he needed it to be. Finally, he closed by stating that if the person was identified he'd demand justice. Shimiko had mixed feelings on the subject as permitting an Orthodox Jashinist to be punished for sacrificing in Jashin's name was an anathema to her. It wasn't her call to make but it was something she doubted the Lord and Lady Superior would allow. Then again, it wasn't like she hadn't executed her fair share of Orthodoxy shinobi when their machinations threatened the stability of Kumogakure. She filed away the threat for now.

He then asked why she'd chosen to confront him now. Shimiko didn't stop fanning herself throughout the interrogatory or the speech leading up to it. She continued long after he was done talking and then suddenly closed the fan. She was calmer now. The seething desire to kill was now managed and focused like a laser. She was the warrior poet that Ryuko always knew she could be.

"I admire your candor. It just saved your life." Shimiko began.

"I also accept your apology....but just know you won't get one from me or the Church in return. I don't know who killed your parents and if what you say is true, I personally was not responsible...but even if I was old enough I wouldn't regret it. Nor would any of my brothers and sisters in faith assuming of course we were in fact responsible for their deaths. The sacred scriptures of our religion demand sacrifice and at that particular time our spiritual leader had given us the greenlight to offer up the souls of those who had been forgotten by society. We gladly did our duty and would do it again. There is no Jashinist part of me to hate because my Lord claims all that I am."

They were extremely harsh words but they needed to be said. Tamwyn had done her the courtesy of being totally honest about his feelings on the subject. He could have attempted a lie and if he was half as good as Ryuko was, he might have been able to slip past her. He had opted for total transparency on the matter and she'd give the same in return. That meant saying things that might provoke the cool ninja into righteous anger.

Let's see how true your commitment to the greater good really is....

Assuming Tamwyn didn't immediately lash out, Shimiko continued after a brief pause.

"I don't expect you to like me, the Church, or even the political leadership of this village. I'm sure you're not the only ninja to hate me yet take orders from me. You're just the only one with courage to admit it out loud when confronted...and have reasons for it beyond intolerant articles written by atheist hacks. I admire your commitment to Kumo above all else. Its one of the few things we have in common I'm sure...that and the premium we place on our respective families. There's nothing I won't do for this country and its people....all of them. Even the heathens that deny Jashin. I'm so invested in this soil that I was willing to do things that few will ever know. There is a reason Lady Mora Mikiri, Void rest her spirit, is no longer the leader of the Orthodoxy"

Shimiko had just said a very dangerous thing. There were perhaps four or five people in the world who knew exactly what had happened regarding Mora's untimely demise. Tamwyn was now fortunate enough to count himself among the privledged few. He was strong and after this fight, he'd grow stronger still. She had just said some very ugly things and given his non-violent response, she was willing to trust him with a deep secret. One that he should never so much as allude to without risking significant consequences for himself and his loved ones. He had to know that despite her religious posturing, no one was above the city that Seigi had been willing to die for. Not even Jashin's Vicar.

"As our living testimony continues so does our understanding of Lord Jashin. Lady Mora had one perspective on the propriety of sacrificing the homeless...the new Lord and Lady Superior have a continuing interpretation....one that doesn't involve a repeat of what may or may not have happened to your parents. Its one that I and my non-Jashinist friends and family can get behind. Its an interpretation that means your wife and children can walk the streets without fear of a Jashinist. Unless you're a criminal who has been proven to have committed a capital offense...you have nothing to fear from me or the Orthodoxy"

Shimiko had parsed her words very carefully. She wasn't about to denigrate Mora to an infidel, but if Tamwyn could read between the lines, he should have been able to pick up on what she was saying. Mora had taught her fellow Jashinist certain things. Things that had made life in Kumo difficult for them. Things that had threatened the uneasy peace that Nariko had so generously granted them. Shimiko had been willing to overlook that kind of radicalism up until the point where it threatened her Twins. It was at that point where she knew that a decision had to be made. The new Orthodoxy was no longer a threat to Kumo and if Tamwyn understood that then while they may not be friends, they could certainly be comrades.

"As for why I didn't confront you earlier? Honestly? I wanted a chance to think it over. After you left, Rini Nakamura said some other things to me that...required a severe response. Afterwards, I needed some time alone to clear my head. I toyed with the idea of hunting you down but I knew if I did, I knew it wouldn't stop there. I've always been short-tempered and quick to burn through every ounce of energy I have destroying those who slight me and mine......Ryuko saved me from being that person and for awhile after she was gone that's where I was heading back to. I thought about her and how much you must mean to her for her to take you on as her star pupil. I decided to give you a chance to explain yourself but you came to me first and your situation with this being...complicated things. It wasn't just about whether or not I wanted to kill you, it was whether or not Kumo could afford to lose another high value asset in the middle of a world war. I thought over it some more and decided the best time would be right before we face off against this creature. I wanted to see what you'd say when so much hung in the balance, right before facing off against your greatest challenge. That's why I decided to confront you here and now."

Once more creative thinking was required on Tamwyn's part. He might be able to surmise that the additional asset lost was not merely Ryuko. Things had gone awry with Rini and the result was likely a weaker Kumo. Shimiko's temper had consequences and the instance was a personal wake up call for her to think before she acted. No matter how righteous or wronged she felt.

"And now that I've had the chance to speak with you and learn the truth of the matter. I've decided I'm all in with helping you. I won't be killing you and nor will this entity of your's. You're going to go home and tell your child about how you beat it and used that power to fight for them and this country. I'm going to do the same for mine."

Shimiko tucked the fan back into her armour's sleeve and closed her eyes.

"I'm ready Tamwyn. Are you?"

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 pm

She continued to fan herself for quite some time after he had finished speaking and when she did and the metal instrument snapped closed she would speak finally, speaking of admiration for his frankness and stating that it had saved his life. That was a good start at least right? He had come here expecting back up for his fight with Raijū. Now he had apparently survived the arrival of the woman who had originally agreed to help him and arrived with a threat on his life. Progress was progress, soon they might even get to start fighting. Hopefully just not each other. Her continued words, of accepting his apology continued to put a hopeful spin on things. Then however she would begin to state that she had no intention of apologizing back. Nor would she expect anyone else in her religion to. He would listen to her words, take them in. She would speak of the sacred scriptures of her religion demanding sacrifice. He would consider her words carefully, in the end, he hadn't really expected an apology from her had he? No, not for potentially sacrificing his parents. Although if one were to be diplomatic about it she could apologize for potentially having mistakenly depriving a child of their parents. But that wouldn't be strictly correct either. Because what sacrifice of theirs didn't deprive someone of their families? She said they were approved to sacrifice the forgotten of society, but by what meter had they measured that by? Did every family member with a homeless relative have the capability to take care of them? Did a father, or mother not have to make sacrifices for their children by forgoing the roof and food being over their own heads? Were they 'forgotten' by society? No, but to the church it didn't matter.

That wasn't why they had come here though.

It wasn't why he had asked her here, it wasn't why they had come into this room prepared to fight tooth and nail. This entire topic of theological debate could be something that could be handled another time. However for now it was what was being discussed. Either way though, his personal dislike of the church made no difference against the fact that it had become legal. His anger rose regardless, his eyes would become hardened amber before he himself quashed it immediately. He still didn't take his eyes from hers though. He had given her honesty, and she had returned the same. He couldn't be mad at her for that, and besides, there was a bigger enemy to face. When she continued after he had remained silent, he would listen, his ears picking up every word. Her acceptance that he might not like her, that she didn't expect him to. That she doubted he was the only one who disliked her but still took orders. But he was the only one to speak up and have a real reason for his opinions. He would hear her words of her devotion to Kumogakure, to it's people, to it's very sediment. Then when she spoke of her being willing to do anything for the country, and that there was a reason that Lady Mora, was no longer in charge of the church his eyes would widen.

He had considered Shimiko just another Jashinist, someone who would gleefully slap you down on altar and cut your heart out regardless of the consequences. Someone who didn't care who was on it so long as she had them. Yet that didn't seem to be the case at all. She was devoted to Kumogakure all alright, and if she had assassinated her previous religious leader for the sake of the country, then it was a clear sign that her devotion to the very soul of Kumogakure was not oppressed by the views of her religion and church. Just telling him of that deed alone would be an unequivocal risk. Unless she intended to kill him after all? No, he didn't get the kind of vibe from Shimiko that said 'I'll tell you things no one else does before you die.' That would be stupid and risky, and while he would bet she was one, he was certain she wasn't the other. Given that she had agreed to help him fight a giant chakra wolf in his mindscape after barely knowing him, the jury was obviously still out on 'which' of the two options she was. However she wasn't both and that meant she didn't intend to kill him. At least not at that moment when she said it.

She would continue, explaining that the new Lord and Lady Superior held different beliefs on the perspectives of things. That the new perspective of the church meant that a repeat of what happened to him would not be forthcoming for others within the village. From her words, it would appear only criminals, guilty of capital offenses, would be sacrificed. That his wife and coming children could walk the streets safely. He would listen, still quietly, still taking in everything. When high tension moments like this come up, he always listened to everything before responding. Always took it all in and considered his words. It made some believe him to be slow witted, but that was very far from the case in reality. There was still one more thing she had to answer, his question of why she had waited to come to him, and the answer came. He would listen still, quietly taking in all of her words as he continued to make eye contact. Ensuring to her that she held his full attention despite his continued silence on everything that had been said.

Her response to his question was simply that she wanted to think, to consider things. Rini had said something to her, score one for his mental faculties there, and that she needed to clear her head. That she had always had issues with her temper and lashing at anyone and anything that slighted her. That Ryuko had helped her through that, that her..disappearance had started to revert the pig tailed woman back to the way she was. That she thought about how much Tamwyn himself must have meant to Ryuko. He hadn't ever thought of it himself, he had always just tried to be the best he could be. Ryuko had seen that, had seen his effort and his potential, and gave him what he needed to flourish. Shimiko would go on to explain that she would give him a chance to explain what Rini had said, to explain his apparently hatred of her personally. But he came to her first. Had come to her asking for her help against something he wasn't sure he could take alone. She would explain that her personal anger didn't matter then. That it was about whether or not Kumo could afford to lose him too. That she had calculated the time to confront him, and decided that it would be right, right now, on the eve of his most important fight to date. When tension would be high as a default and he would be on the defensive immediately.

Her considered those words, judged from her perspective the best time would indeed be right now. He considered specifically the words of her reverting back to the person Ryuko had saved her from being. He knew her reputation in a fight, and instinctively his eyes would finally break the gaze with hers long enough to look toward her pigtails. He considered how she had appeared in the Audience Chamber that day. Considered how she had seemed so much more relaxed and considered the differences in her appearance from then to now. The pigtails were an obvious sign, and seemed to be a symbol to her. She was relaxed, but not in the same way, it was a relaxed tension, that was constantly up. Then it had been something more significant. As such, the first words out of his mouth would probably not be what anyone would have expected.

"You should wear your hair down more often." He would say simply, it wasn't a criticism of how she looked now, but a validation of how she had looked then in the Audience Chamber too. Once that comment was out of him he would take a deep breath. "I didn't expect an apology from you. One doesn't apologize for doing what one believes. Not without compromising that belief on a fundamental level. What you've said to me this night tells me that you're not some hand puppet for your churches doctrine. That you think and feel for yourself and act on those core beliefs and what you believe it right. I can't speak of the actions of the church in the past. We can debate those actions and decision later if you wish, but from you've said, the woman who sanctioned those actions is no longer in power. I know it wasn't for her policy on the rite of sacrifice, but that doesn't change the affect. Regardless, based on your titles of them I can surmise that the new Lord and Lady Superior are none other than your twins. Since I can't exactly think of who else might have the title and be both a 'Lord' and a 'Lady'. If their policy is as you say, and I have no reason to doubt you given your own candor thus far. Then my problems with the Jashinist Church have become...limited. The one who effectively sanctioned the sacrifice of the homeless is no longer an issue. The ones with power have different beliefs, that will prevent similar fates from befalling other children in the country, and that is truly all I could reasonably have hoped for. With that said, there is nothing I would not do for this country, or it's people. Jashinist or not. As you say, Ryuko made me her star pupil. I'm not sure if it was the right decision on her part. However all I can ever do is strive to try to make sure it was. To that end there is no sacrifice I would not make for this country. None I would not make for Yenn, my fiancée, for Mort, my teammate, for Yui and Yua, who the only thing I have in common with is that we share a nation. Nothing I would not sacrifice for you too if necessary, in order to ensure that this country is safe and has the best chance of a bright future. As you say, our love of this nation is something we share, and if we don't necessarily agree on the idea of 'Human Sacrifice' that does not mean that we can't become friends down the line because of what we do agree with." He would say, his words careful regarding Mora and her fate. He hoped the message that he understood and wouldn't say anything was clear. However one never knew where others might hear and he was a bit paranoid by nature.

His eyes would harden again however, but the focus of that wouldn't be Shimiko. "Before we can ensure the safety and prosperity of our home though..There's another matter to take into consideration. Konohagakure, and Kirigakure have killed our people. Unarmed, innocent people, who were simply trying to be productive. A reckoning is due to them and I intend to tear them both apart bone by bone, and stone by stone if necessary to see that my home, my family, my people are safe from any such attacks. I intend to tear them apart so severely, that no one will dream of trying to harm our nation, our people, again." He would say, his lips curling back into a snarl. "We're here to fight my prospective companion in that endeavor, Raijū. I know I've explained this Mr. Deero, but after this discussion I want it to be fresh in our minds. Put your hands in mine when you're ready, Raijū will pull us into the battlefield. Tell me when you're ready and I'll give the signal to him. Then he'll grow in size to prepare. A bolt of lighting will strike the field between our locations. That's the signal to start the fight. If we try to jump the gun he'll remove us and might not let me try again. The fight is to dominate him, defeat him, no holds barred. We aren't capable of actually killing him as in reality he's just unsubstantial energy that has a consciousness. So there's absolutely no reason to hold back. I don't know how long you'll be able to be in there, his bond to you isn't as complete as his bond with me is. For the sake of erring on the side of caution, let's assume you won't be able to be there for long." He would say before closing his eyes finally and taking in a deep breath.

"When you're ready, place your hands in mine, and relax." He would say and if she did he would calm himself fully and feel a pull of something before he felt a 'shift' of sorts. He would open his eyes to find a field before him, he would be standing in front of Shimiko, their hands in each others. He would let go of her hands and turn toward the wolf that would be meeting them there. He himself was already ready. The plain before them was open with no obstructions. A great storm brewed above that held no rain within it's depth. Lightning flashed across it, the sound of thunder could be heard in the distance. Should Shimiko give him a sign that she was prepared he would turn to the wold who would be his partner. Who would fight with him, empower him, and help him laying waste to those who dared attack what was his. He would nod at that creature, nod to signal is readiness. Now it was only up-to it when they began. The wolf controlled the lightning here, and therefore it would signal the beginning with the lightning strike that would come down from the heavens to strike between the wolf and Tamwyn and Shimiko. Once that occurred, once that bolt stuck. The fight would begin

Last edited by Tamwyn on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Stats:

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Shimiko saw the initial flash of anger in his eyes but did not respond to it. She wanted to see what he was made of and when he suppressed it, she had her answer. Tamwyn was capable of controlling his emotions and she had to give him credit for that. If she was roughly where he was at in his stage of development, she might not have been so calm. He also appeared surprised at what she had implied regarding Mora. That was good. It meant that he now understood just how important national cohesion was to her. She wasn't a blind fanatic willing to tear down Kumo for no reason. She was its guardian. A role given to her by her sensei and older brother. A role that was further confirmed by the interventions of her best friend. If Tamwyn saw himself in a similar capacity then there was no reason for them to be enemies.

"You should wear your hair down more often."
    "Hah!"

Shimiko couldn't help but laugh at the observation. There was an underlying truth to it and she was pleasantly surprised that he had picked up on it. Shimiko's pigtails symbolized a certain approach to their profession. An approach that had served her, the Orthodoxy, and the country well. However, it was an approach that could swallow her whole at any moment and turn her into a weapon against those she loved most. She wore the style for missions like these, when the benefit to her nation was worth the risk of being consumed by that same beast. Tamwyn indicated that he understood why she could not apologize. He went on to acknowledge that the change in religious leadership lessened his gripe against the institution. He didn't say that he had lost his grudge against them but it was better that he hadn't. Shimiko wouldn't have believed him. When he asked whether the new leaders were her twins, she curtly replied: "Yes they are. I raised those two under my own roof since I was younger than you. It was all part of our Lord's divine will. Jashin revealed to me that they were the ones best suited to lead his Church and they accepted his calling." Lady Mora had viewed them as a threat and rightfully so. The pair were popular, closely connected to the government, and some of the most devout worshippers in the organization. Mora had tread lightly given how attached Shimiko was to them but both she and Lee-hei had overplayed their hand. They had conspired to remove the Shukaku from Yui and Yua. It was a direct threat to their lives and it was a threat that proved to be the catalyst for Shimiko's decision to overthrow them.

Tamwyn didn't need to know all that of course. The important thing was that they shared a sense of patriotism. When he spoke of his desire to break Kiri and Konoha, she grinned maliciously. Tamwyn was similar to Ryuko but she could not recall her sister displaying such an open thirst for vengeance. Then again, the late Queen could be rather vicious when she wanted to be. The downfall of Lord Oda came to mind. What Ryuko and Tamwyn displayed in rare moments, Shimiko had in spades. He'd be able to see it in her eyes. The bloodlust and anger he felt towards those nations was a mere fraction of her's.

"You and I are in fundamental agreement on that issue. Jashin as my witness, we'll avenge the people of Moonspire sevenfold. By the time we're done with them, no generation will be left un-scarred no plot of land unsoiled*"

She doubted Tamwyn would understand the full gravity of the statement. He wasn't a Jashinist so quoting scripture was not likely to have an impact on him, but the context of the sentence made her motivations quite clear. Shimiko listened patiently as he explained how the fight worked. She had already gotten the details from Mr. Deero but a refresher was always helpful. She didn't have any additional questions, in truth, she was eager to get this started. She was curious as to how strong this Raijū was and how her own power stacked up against it. There was only one way to find out.

Shimiko placed her hands in his and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and relaxed her whole body. In a moment, she found herself whisked to another dimension. She opened her eyes and took in the new scenery. It was an open plain with no geographical hazards. She wheeled around and stood beside Tamwyn, shoulder to shoulder as they faced a giant wolf. The creature appeared ever patient but its size betrayed a level of power that Shimiko had not seen since she faced Nozomi in the World Tournament. The clouds above crackled with thunder and the whole area felt alive with electricity. Shimiko turned to Tamwyn and nodded. The expression on her face spoke louder than the gesture. This was her element, she was going to enjoy this fight. The blonde was pleased that she still had all of her tools on her and rather than waste time pussyfooting around, she activated her Hachidora Ketsurygan.

Let the games begin.....

Active: Hachidora Ketsurygan

*Horrors 16, Verses 87-88

Post by The Cockroach Cook Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Raiju:

Instinct

Raijū waited patiently for his potential companion to arrive. He could feel the connection, the desire for power. The white furred wolf lay with his paws crossed, his storm filled eyes watching intently as his foes appeared before him, a short thirty meters away. A low growl that echoed throughout the plane would sound in his throat while he rose to stand as he grew in size to his full height of six meters. He could appreciate Tamwyn bringing a pack mate, to fight him alone would have been foolish. Raijū did not wish to fight without a pack, it was for that very reason that he had chosen Tamwyn as a potential companion. Now he needed to see for himself how well he fought and if he had finally found someone worthy of his power, or if the last few weeks had been a waste of the divine beast’s time.

Loyalty

He could feel the excitement, the need for combat. The intensity of that need fueled the sky as he felt his own adrenaline pulse. The dark clouds lit up with jagged flashes of lightning giving the area an eerie strobing glow, the tendrils of electric death touching the ground over and over again in the infinite distance. The sound of the peals of thunder was near deafening as they shattered the silence in the great expanse in time with Raijū’s beating heart. He wanted to fight, it was the driving force behind his existence. To be whole and walk with a companion once more.

Strength

As soon as Tamwyn nodded his readiness Raijū sprang into action. A bolt of lightning would touch the ground between them and in that moment the wolf would split himself, creating four lightning shadow clones each six meters tall. Two of the clones would sprint to flank the two combatants, one on either side while activating Electromagnetic Murder. A three pronged attack of lightning would be centered on Tamwyn and Shimiko. Three streams of lightning coming from the mouths of two of the clones and from Raijū, each thirty meters long and one meter wide. Simultaneously the remaining two clones would activate Body Pathway Derangement and rush headlong into the two humans instinctively avoiding the streams of lightning, intent on making contact with either or both Tamwyn and Shimiko, stopping their ability to combat Raijū’s self made pack.

Combat Notes:
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:16 pm

The moment the lightning bolt began to fall Tamwyn would already be channeling his chakra and the moment it struck and Raiju began to separate into five beings an arcing bolt of lightning would leave Tamwyn's hand. One didn't actually need to lift ones hand to fire a technique from it. It simply helped in the matter. Of course it also blatantly telegraphed an attack and that was silly, although sometimes it was necessary. The thick beam of lightning, five meters in diameter would stretch out the thirty meters between the two parties in the blink of an eye. As soon as the blast left his hand Tamwyn would kick in his Lightning Release Armor, the incredibly powerful technique coalesced around him and gave him a strong defensive barrier as well as increased his own capabilities. When he was channeling the power of Raijū he could utilize the technique and still utilize his ninjutsu. Of course, without the assistance of his partner in that regard he was rather limited in what he could do with it. However the ability it had to drastically increase his physical capabilities was necessary to keep up with the wolf. Tamwyn instinctively knew that.

The arcing lightning blast he'd fired, one of his most powerful techniques, Chain Lightning, would move toward the middle most Raijū and should it strike it would find it arcing off to another one. When it did it would do so with just as much speed, but lessened power, and it would continue to arc between them, reducing it's power by a tier each time with it's speed remaining the same. Provided there was a heat signature without sixty meters when it struck something of course. It would always arc toward the closest one. Of course that was possibly a double edged sword, given that could also arc toward Tamwyn himself. Of course even then the risk of absolutely negligible. Once his Lightning Armor was active, the moment it was as a matter of fact, Tamwyn would begin to move at his maximum speed, not allowing the Raijū's trying to flank them to get around behind him. He would also work to keep out of range of any jutsu they might use but so long as he kept moving he should outpace any they might do. The one's coming at them wouldn't be able to close the distance given they moved at the same speed although by the same token, Tamwyn himself had access to none of his ninjutsu unless he allowed them to get closer by lowering the level of his armor or deactivating it entirely. He would have to rely on his taijutsu techniques, or the few NinTaijutsu available to him.

This was a fight he had wanted, a fight he came into knowing he could die in. Despite Shimiko's early words of ensuring that wouldn't happen it was always a possibility. Regardless he had to be careful and as he moved he kept her in his sights. He would also work to keep every Raijū in his sight line but that would obviously be difficult. It would help that he could maintain his speed running forwards and backwards and he would use that to ensure he was always facing the main battle. Besides, he needed to ensure he knew when Shimiko was doing something big. In the end, without Raijū's assistance with Lightning Release Armor, he couldn't even use sensory during it. A powerful technique, but with exceedingly harsh restrictions as well.

Spoiler:

Stats:

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Shimiko eyed the big down as it rose from its slumber to face them. She wasn't particularly impressed. Shimiko had never liked animals, not even dogs. Many a critter had met its maker after crossing paths with her as a genin. It was worse when she was emotionally volatile which she was now. She doubted she could kill this entity so simulating its death would simply have to suffice. She bent her knees a bit more as it prepared for battle and the moment lightning struck, she was off to the races. Shimiko went forwards and up.

The Hachidora Ketsurygan increased her physical abilities and when she added on the power of the Devi of the Hidden Cloud style, she moved with such speed that she could jump off the air itself. In an instant, Shimiko had sprouted two pairs of limbs and had armed herself with her Sai and Tessen. The original arms were free to perform handseals. She moved so fast that she had no trouble dodging the streams of lightning launched to her position from several different angles. She'd also head into the skies before the clone wolf could attempt to melee her. She was now thirty meters in the air and rapidly advancing on the original wolf's position. Shimiko movements were erratic as if she was a dancer violently skirting through the sky in an unorthodox path. The aim was to get Raijuu and perhaps even its clones to focus on her as opposed to Tamwyn. Once she was 10 meters directly above the real wolf, she'd descend with all the fury of Jashin.

Shimiko charged Raiton into her tessen, acrobatically twirled around to build momentum, and unleashed a devastating wave of electricity. The wave's celerity was the stuff of legends. It was so fast that it was doubtful that even the mighty Raijuu would be able to track it accurately. The goal was to blind the beast by slashing out its eyes. Shimiko would then activate her Siberian Armour and land on the original entity's back where she'd plunge two Sai into his spine. If successful, Tamwyn and the clone wolves would be treated to the image of a multi-limbed woman with blonde hair, snow white skin, and black markings riding a giant wolf and using her embedded Sai as reins. She wasn't sure if the pricks would be able to paralyze the beast but it would certainly get its attention.

-----------------------------------------

-1 Rank Reduction for Chinoike Clan Jutsu [Ninjutsu Affinity Perk]
    -1 Rank Reduction for Bukijutsu [Bellona's Kiss: Enchantment Perk]

Active: Ketsurygan

Techniques Used:
    Siberian: 20 CP
    Arc Reaction: 10 CP
    Devi of the Hidden Cloud Style: 10 CP

Hachidora Ketsurygan Boosts: 5 Charges
    Many Handed One: 2 मृत्युमृत्युबल
    Activation: 5 मृत्युमृत्युबल

Shimiko's Stamina: 280/320
    Hachidora Ketsurygan Charges: 95/100
    मृत्युमृत्युबल Pool: 123/130

Stats
    Strength: D
    Constitution: D
    Stamina: A++
    Speed: A
    Coordination: S
    Intelligence: S
    Perception: S++

-1 Tier to Raijuu's Perception for the purpose of tracking Shimiko's movements
    -1 Tier to Raijuu's Perception for the purpose of tracking the Lighting Arc

Lightning Arc moving at X++ Tier Speed

Additional Information:

{Analyzing Raijuu Post 1}

Post by The Cockroach Cook Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:44 pm

An arc of lightning would streak from Tamwyn’s hand, connecting with one of the Raiju clones that was attempting to flank him and then leaping to the next closest target, and again and again. The only hit that actually mattered was the first one, and the clone it hit would immediately cease it’s electromagnetic murder and split itself once more, damaged but not heavily so. Following suit, every other clone would use lightning shadow clone again until there were eight lightning clones.

While Raiju could not effectively track Shimiko’s movements, it was not difficult to understand that when someone rushed towards you in a fight they were probably intent on damaging you. Just before Shimiko slashed at Raiju’s eyes with Arc Reaction, Raiju would split himself again, a clone popping forward and slightly to the right and taking the brunt of the lightning slash. Both wolves were hit, and while not completely blinded both Raiju’s had a slash across their left eyes. There were now two Raiju’s with near identical slashes across their eyes, further confusing which one was the original and which was the clone. Raiju was not here to fight Tamwyn’s pack mate, he was here to test the abilities of his chosen companion and with a burst of speed he would rush towards the white haired man, effectively trading places with the clone he had just created. Shimiko would land on Raiju’s clone, the Sai burying itself into the wolf's back and a howl would sound from its throat, signalling its need for assistance from the other clones. Four of the newly created clones would rush towards where Shimiko was, leaping at the woman and intent on sinking their teeth into her flesh as she rode atop their own pack mate. With the original Raiju and four clones closing in on Tamwyn’s position, ferocious growl’s would sound as they lunged and sought to run him down to tear him limb from limb.

Combat Notes:
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:05 am

Tamwyn moved like lightning, moving toward the left for thirty meters after firing his chain lightning at the wolf pack. The two that he could've sworn would disperse did not however and Tamwyn knew he would either have to kick it into a higher gear or be killed. The only problem was that in order to do so, he needed access to his stronger jutsu. When he moved he moved toward the left, keeping an even distance from the wolf as the entities pack mates rushed toward him in order to end him with tooth and claw. He had to make a decision quickly but he did have a few moments given he could currently move faster than the pack. Did he dare slow down to utilize some of his bigger jutsu? Could he trust Shimiko implicitly to survive a Kikoho if he fired it into the melee she had jumped into with professional glee? As she struck, Raiju made another clone, and the other four did as well, making the number of wolves quite large in all reality and then his potential companion rushed him.

He made a decision, and slowed down his Lightning Release Armor, tuning it down to give him access to his Raiton jutsu once more. He needed to be able to utilize them in order to truly effect the fight and he couldn't let Shimiko do all of the work, not when he had talked such a big game before. When he tuned it down however, he turned, backpedaling and putting his hands into the familiar diamond pattern. He wouldn't get the chance to fire the beam however. As the original pack of Raiju's caught up with him, the different in speed being far greater in only his base level of Lightning Release Armor than he would have expected. The had rushed him with the intent to tear him apart with tooth and claw, and tear him apart they did.

His Lightning Armor wasn't able to withstand more than a single blow from the beast of legend. It fell with casual ease and he felt the sharpened ends of claw and fang immediately after as the other clones attacked after the first. Shimiko would be expelled from his mindscape immediately, his body, and it's belongings would be nearby. His will, as stated in the initial post would be handled later on. However it was clear that the man who had become a shinobi with the desire to become a legend, and make his name in the world would be gone before he could truly make his mark. His last thoughts before blackness took him was of his love, Yenn, and how he would be unable to be there for her.

Stats:

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:47 am

Close but not close enough. Shimiko had managed to blind the wolf in one eye but not both. The creature was a quick thinker she had to give it that much. It split into two at the last possible second so that her attack would not completely decimate its eyes. When the kunoichi landed, it was not on the real Raijuu's back but rather a clone. Even as the pinprick Sai stabbed into its pelt it maintained its structural integrity, a testament to its size and unearthly power. The other clones converged on her location trying to bite her off but the moment they opened their maws to tear her to pieces, she executed a burst of red electricity strong enough to annihilate all of the wolves that threatened her. The clones were strong but not strong enough to take a direct hit from Shimiko's Red Lightning. Even as the storm of electricity roared and consumed them, she was already moving towards Tamwyn who was being surrounded by Raijuu's pack.

No....

Years of experience had told her that even as fast as she was and even as near as the distance may be, she would not arrive in time. Shimiko watched as the hounds tore Tamwyn to pieces. All it took was a single miscalculation on his part. A little slow. A little late. There was nothing she could do as the Jounin she had sworn to protect was torn limb from limb. Shimiko didn't even have time to fully process the scene before she found herself thrust out of his mindscape and into the present reality. She had been about to open her mouth and shout out his name but found herself screaming it alone in a Dojo:

"TAMWYN!!!"

The young man fell over with blood leaking from his ears, eyes, nose, and mouth. She wasn't certain of the psycho-mechanics of what just happened but the result was plain to see. As penalty for challenging the Lightning Wolf and losing, Tamwyn's life was forfeit. She got up from her kneeling position and rushed over to him. She cradled his lifeless form in her arms. No breathing, no pulse, nothing. There was no mistaking it. He was dead.

Shimiko did not know him personally before today but he was a patriot, a husband, a father, and a student of her best friend. Someone she had sworn to protect despite nearly killing moments ago. She had failed him when he needed her most. Shimiko fought back the tears as she thought about what she'd have to say to his surviving spouse. Yenn was now  widow and her children without a father. Shimiko held his body and prayed as she tried to emotionally re-center herself. They hadn't been close but they didn't need to be. He deserved to be mourned and remembered.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: 0

Post by Mort Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:47 am

Mort and two of his clones were in one of the side rooms of the Dojo, making several designs for a new sealing techniques as they simultaneously played a game of cribbage, finding the challenge of multitasking to be rather refreshing. Ever since Ryuko had gone missing, him and Tamwyn didn't have much interaction, but when he was asked to make sure to pull him and Shimiko out of danger if things became too heated. When he had found out that Tamwyn had an entity inside of him like their mentor did, he was both trilled for his friend, and concerned for if things went wrong. He had expressed said concerns when he found out Shimiko was going to be his teammate to him, but he was set in his idea, so all Mort could do was wish him the best of luck and that he'd be there for him.

"Fifteen-two, fifteen-four, pair is six, pair is e-"

"TAMWYN!!!"

That was not they cue they were anticipating to happen. If anything it was worse. Mort and Id immediately got up from their seats as the other clone kept sitting there, cleaning up and staying in as a backup watchman, their golden eyes unwavering. The duo quickly made their way over to the room where Tamwyn and Shimiko were in, Mort with one Soaring Sword drawn and Id drawing the other Soaring. Sliding the doors open, they'd both see Shimiko holding a bloody body, and it wasn't hard to guess who'd body it was. Mort's face hardened and Id quickly drew their sword up to Mort's neck. For all his intelligence, he was still human, and was already blaming Shimiko for his death. Mort and his clone would have a silent talk through sight alone, and then Id would lower the blade. This was no time to be emotional, the irony not lost to either of them.

Mort moved on ahead, while Id sat next to the door. Sheathing his swords he'd make his way over to...her. Shimiko Chinoike. A brief teacher for him. A friend of his mentor. A jashin. So many conflicting emotions, and if it weren't for the weight of his friend dead in her arms, he'd've laughed at the irony. But he couldn't. Instead, he'd kneel down next to Shimiko, silent as he'd let her grieve. He didn't need to check in he was dead, the signs of death were clear just from a glance, but he still waited. Maybe it was out of respect, or maybe he wanted Shimiko to suffer a little, since it was her job to keep him alive; to make sure no tears would be shed. And she failed. And by proxy due to that, he also failed. With Ryuko gone and Eli in a coma, it was just him left, the last remaining Seraph.

After a few minutes, he'd speak up, clutching Ryuko's pendant, his only true keepsake of hers, as he held back tears. "Tell me, did he go down fighting to the very end?"

Shadow Clones x2
    70/210 CP Each

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:01 pm

When the door slid open, Shimiko's head snapped forward and one of her hands immediately went to the Sai strapped to her lower back. She had just come out of an intense battle and so she was wired for combat. Mentally she was still in the fields and although she knew she was safe within the city walls, part of her wanted to be attacked so that she could have an outlet for her anger. Instead of a foe, she saw an ally. The gentleman tasked with pulling her out should things prove too dicey. She knew him to be one of Ryuko's disciples and he was more familiar to her than Tamwyn although she didn't remember their initial meeting.

Mort was clearly upset but he showed restraint. Shimiko looked down at Tamwyn's corpse then back at Mort. The depressed expression and haunted look in her eyes said more than her voice ever could.

"He did." was all she offered as she continued to hold his body. There was more that could be said but she decided that excess words would only make the reality of his death harder. Shimiko remained silent for a long time. She closed her eyes and finished praying. After a few minutes of mourning in solitude, she spoke up again.

"I'll notify the next of kin and prepare funeral services." She wasn't sure that Mort would want to make conversation at a time like this. Eventually, she'd signal the ANBU to come help remove the body and take it to the morgue for processing. Once that was done, she'd leave but not before placing a hand on Mort's shoulder and saying:

"........."

She couldn't really think of anything to say. She hoped her eyes could communicate what her mouth could not but if they didn't then she wouldn't blame Mort for being offended. She patted his shoulder reassuringly as if to highlight her sympathy before walking out of the dojo. Tamwyn had been willing to give his life for a stronger Kumo and now that Mort was the successor to his squad's legacy, she hoped he'd be willing to do the same.

Exit

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: 0

Post by Mort Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:19 pm

Mort would give a small smile at hearing her two words, but it was a sad smile. He died a warrior's death, one that mort believed he should have felt happy for, but he couldn't. Tamwyn had a future ahead of him, he had Yenn and kids on the horizon, and yet...the Seraph of Lightning's wings were cut down before his own. He'd stay quiet as Shimiko finished up her prayer as he was caught between reflecting on his death and trying to stay professional. His time as a clan head was enough to hold it together, but his breathes were a little ragged as the weight of the event slowly took hold.

When she spoke up again, he'd take a few seconds before replying. "That would be best." He felt out of breath, with each word heavy and a little forced. He would move slightly to let the ANBU take Tamwyn, but it was sluggish. It was real. Tamwyn was dead and he couldn't do anything to help him. If he had only finished his formula sooner, if he had only been in the room, maybe, maybe...maybe he could have done something.

But he didn't.
    But he wasn't.
    And he couldn't.

He'd flinch a little when Shimiko put her hand on his shoulder and locked eyes. Those annoying eyes that held the Ketsuryugan. Eyes that could kill him with a single touch. Eyes that symbolized a fear that he had when he was young and mistaken as a homeless child. But he wasn't homeless, and she wasn't there to purify him. Slowly, he'd nod, understanding her lack of words well enough. Sometimes it was better not to say anything, or that you just couldn't. A part of him really wanted to say something, like 'Don't blame yourself', or 'She wouldn't want to see you beat yourself up.', but he couldn't. He wasn't ready to. And maybe he would never be able to.

He'd stay behind for a little while longer before Id got up. They'd walk over, and tap his shoulder. Id would say nothing as no words needed to be said. He'd puck himself up and they'd walk back to the front and get the other clone, who just nodded when it saw them. The secondary clone would dissipate, and both he and Id would head out.

It was time to go check up on Eli again.

{Exit}

Post by The Cockroach Cook Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Wolves couldn’t smile, or speak or do anything that humans could typically identify as proper communication. Wolves could communicate perfectly with other wolves though, and all it took was a look or a quick turning of the head, even a low growl to make themselves understood amongst their kind. So when Tamwyn made the grave mistake of slowing down Raiju and his clone pack were there waiting, prepared with a series of nigh imperceptible movements between each other to descend on their prey.

There was no sadness or regret as their teeth sunk into the man’s ethereal flesh, only the instinct that came with tearing apart those that were unworthy. Raiju had waited for millenia for one worthy of his companionship, and it seemed he would have to wait a while longer. A human would have experienced disappointment as Tamwyn gave up and accepted his death. Raiju was a divine beast and had no such weaknesses as humans did. The inherent need to see people as better than they could ever be. He saw only strength, and in Tamwyn he saw none.

As the blonde pack mate was expelled from the mindscape Raiju threw his head back, blood dripping from his sharp fangs, and let out a mighty howl. The clones paused in their rending and did the same, a mournful cry heard by no one. Raiju was alone again, just as he had been for so long. He cried not for the mangled and broken human, he cried for himself and the years that would stretch into infinity as he continued to search for a noble companion deserving of his power.

[Exit Thread]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:38 pm