Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Lernean on the Fourth's Wall

Mort
    Mort

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: 0

Lernean on the Fourth's Wall Empty Lernean on the Fourth's Wall

Post by Mort Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:03 pm

"Ahh, isn't it great Id? Just like we're back in the Range!" The boy stood upon one of the cliffs of the third and most dangerous of the training fields. Even though he was born in the Land of Fire, his clan had an affinity for colder weather+ and staking out on their own. Plus with the war going on, going to visit the range itself was kinda out of the cards, so he was on standby for the moment. So he did the next best thing to recreate the experience in said training field.

"Yeah fuck off, I quite like my sauna time and you wanting to camp in the training field of all places is a first, even for you." Id was, unsurprisingly inside the tent with several scrolls. Earlier in the day they had sealed up the Blood Etherium Mort had made in a botched attempt to follow some old recipe to make some unique weapons, but it had it's uses. Now though Id was trying to focus on studying up for future battles, having inked up the smaller scrolls with the proper fuinjutsu seals for use later. But every so often they'd look to the one scroll still with it's seal activated holding a jutsu Mort and her were trying to stabilize.

"Aww come on Id, You're just grumpy because you forgot the woobie, didn't you? He'd look back to the tent, a nice yurt of a tent that felt like home away from home. Being able to take a small break while not thinking about-no he wasn't going to do that right now. That was for later.

"F-Fuck off! That thing needed cleaning anyways. Now get in here and help me work up new formulas for this, trying to stabilize a physical jutsu while not letting it disintegrate before you can apply it is easier said then done."

1 shadow clone
    Enclosing Technique; -3 CP (Clone)
    67.5/135 CP & 64.5/135 CP

Lernean on the Fourth's Wall Empty Re: Lernean on the Fourth's Wall

Post by Seigi Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Seigi had been in the mountains for a week now, training his body to help better withstand colder temperatures, as well as mastering his Magnet Release techniques using the mountains rich and high-density rock. It was after five days of training that he noticed another tent on a cliffside adjacent to him, and decided to check it out. Often times, there were younger shinobi who trekked up the mountain to train, only to either die from exposure or forget about the energy the trek back needed, and THEN die from exposure. He wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. Having left his camp in the morning, he chose to take the long way up the mountain, resisting using chakra to climb it. There was a certain feeling that pushing his natural abilities to the limits that gave him a sense of pride and strength, and there was no other rush like climbing a mountain that had claimed other lives. In his universe, the mountain tops around the village had been cut off from when Kokuo attacked the village, so these mountains were unfamiliar to Seigi, something new and foreign to explore, just outside of his own home.

As he approached the camp, he could hear someone talking out loud, most likely to another person, but Seigi didn't take up any stance or ready a weapon. Instead, he would slowly approach the camp, calling out to them.

"Hey! Don't attack me, I'm a kumo-nin!" He would call out at first, holding his hands up. He would get closer to the encampment, looking it over. It seemed simple enough, and he only saw one person but figured there was probably another in the tent.

"I brought tea!" He would call out, pointing to his day pack on his back.

Character File

Post by Mort Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Mort would stop in his tracks as he hears someone call out, and looking to the sound he'd see the source of the call: A pale ninja who looked more at home within his own clan then any other major clan in Kumogakure. In return though, the mysterious kumo nin would see the truly unique sight that is Mōtimā, wearing nothing but a pair of swim trunks, geta and four swords strapped to his body, the most recognizable being those of the Weaknessless Soaring Shortswords and the next being The Tuning Fork Sword sold once sold at Damian's Shop.

"Ah, come to train up here as well? Well you're in luck friend, as we were about to make some snacks to refresh our brains before we trained as well!" He'd motion to the shinobi to come closer. Mort wasn't worried if the man was a foreign shinobi, as they were in Kumogakure still. If anyone had managed to get in, he would have been one of the first to know given he held one of Kumo's three artifacts.

"Who the fuck are you taking to now?" The clone would pop out of the tent and take a look at whoever had spoken, actually clothed unlike their main body in a kimono-gi mix. "Oh, he's one I don't recognize. He almost looks more like a manifested Id then an actual human, doesn't he?" The purple-eyed clone would give a small smile, and Mort himself would pinch his nose before giving a small sigh. The man did look like he was somewhat related to those Boros Otsu, but only slightly.

"And put on some proper clothes for fucks sake." The clone would toss his battle kimono at Mort. He'd frown, but he'd comply, butting it on like one would a bathrobe before heading into the tent, giving another hand motion to the man to come in with them.

Post by Seigi Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:44 pm

These folk seemed even crazier than Seigi was, bringing him a slight comfort, and it wasn't until he was closer that he would realize that he recognized this person. Given away by the blades they carried, this was The Seraph of Swords himself, Mōtimā. The second person Seigi didn't recognize, however, noting that they looked like a "manifested Id", something else he didn't recognize, but as he began to ask what it was, they would yell to Mōtimā once again.

"What pleasant company."
    Seigi would think to himself, grinning as he was invited into the tent. Following behind, Seigi would be careful not to track any snow inside.

"It's not every day I get to have tea with someone famous, especially this high up." Seigi would say, making himself comfortable, removing the small tea set from his bag. He was grateful he had packed an extra cup before he left Kumogakure. "But yes, more or less, training is why I'm here. The training grounds have been so full since Ryuko went missing, so it's been harder for me to hone my skills. These mountains are just about the only quiet part of Kumogakure anymore."

Character File

Post by Mort Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 am

The inside of the tent was fairly spacious, tall enough to stand in but still small enough that the cots had to be folded down right now. In their place a small camping kitchen setup was in place. The stove would have water that was being warmed, and but not quite hot enough yet. There were also a ridiculous amount of notebooks on one side next to the scrolls, 200 to be exact if one bothered to count them.

Mort would move over to the small kitchen setup and begin making various snacks, while id went back to their seal work. "Heh. Us, famous? The only thing famous are these weapons, we're just the ones who use them. Maybe someday we'll be properly famous, but until the average genin is able to recognize us we're just a warrior of the wind." The smile on his face deformed a little, and he was glad he wasn't looking at his guest. Ryuko was still a sore spot for him. He knew she was alive out there, she just HAD to be. But with his current skillset he couldn't do much about it.

"Yeah, dealing with those weaklings clogging up the lower levels is a pain, but we find these grounds to be suitable enough. Heck, it's even better then our clan district since up here we can work on things like sealing and senjutsu without wo-" Their eyes would widen as the clone popped, Mort prematurely ending the jutsu, the clothes they were wearing falling to the ground. Mort himself would let out a long sigh before bring over the now-ready teapot and sandwiches.

"Sorry, forget that last little bit. Made a promise to Ryuko that that info wouldn't be leaked out, though it seems Id's pretty feisty today. They're okay though if you're worried about them, clone body and all that." He'd set down the break food & drink on the small table that had been cleared out, then moved the clothes Id wore over to their sleeping bag. "Oh right, it's pretty clear you know who I am, but I have no idea who you are, so let's do this properly. The name's Mōtimā Midori-Okō Kurama, though I prefer to go by Mort. Who you spoke to earlier was Id, my mental partner in crime."

Post by Seigi Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 pm

As the Id would disappear, Seigi would blink, and Mort would explain the situation, which would answer a few quetions he had pent up already.

"Well, it's a pleasure to officially meet you, Mort." Seigi would bow his head slightly. Mort brought over his own teapot, as well as a couple of sandwiches, which Seigi would eye as his stomach rumbled. "My name is Seigi Chinoike. I have no titles to go by, so you can just call me Seigi." He would tell Mort. He refused to go by any title he had earned in his own world, feeling as if using them here would be an insult to himself. He was someone completely new, he didn't need to rely on those anymore.

"So, I can't help but hear that you said you knew Ryuko?" Seigi would ask, cocking his head. "If I'm not mistaken, then perhaps you could help me with something..." Seigi would reach into his shirt, producing a small necklace. It was simple, a single laced string with a small, translucent crystal on it, nearly identical to the one Ryuko had worn. He would take it off of his neck, holding it in his hand.
    "After Ryuko disappeared, I found this necklace in my residence. I know she wore one similar, but I have no idea why. You seemed more studious than I do, so maybe you can make some sense of it." He would hand the necklace over to Mort, leaning back to watch his reaction with it "She was close to my sister, but not particularly close to me. I only met her a handful of times. From what I gathered, this stone seemed to be connected to her abilities somehow, but it's beyond me."

Character File

Post by Mort Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:01 am

A small knot seemed to form in his stomach as his guest introduced himself, but he wasn't sure why at first. Id was yelling in his mind as they threw a temper tantrum because they lost their clone privileges, but it was background noise to the feeling, so he'd logic it out for once in his life. The name Seigi felt...familiar, and he knew the last name of Chinoike decently well thanks to Shimiko and a few others. And then it clicked for the both of them, their mind silent.

Seigi Chinoike was the second Raikage, and he fell to plague several years ago. And yet, the person before him looked like the Raikage, but wasn't claiming to be, or, well what a younger version of the Kage might've looked like? Older? It wasn't exact, but it was damn close. He had only seen pictures of Lord Second as most of his time training was isolated within the clan, but it was eerily similar. His first thought was that the man was using a transformation Jutsu, but that wouldn't make sense, as it was well known that he died. Memory loss? Deep infiltration? A warrior was prepared for many things, but not something like this. This was new territory.

He'd have to find out more info, as this was odd, so for now he'd continue as if nothing was wrong. Looking to the necklace he pulled out, he'd note the similarities to the one Ryuko wore back then. "It feels odd to be called studious as a Warrior of the Wind by one such as yourself...but Warrior Poets do exist, so it makes some sense. But you're right, short as it was, I'm one of her three students." When offered he'd accept it and begin to look it over. It wasn't exactly the same, some scuff marks that hers didn't, but it was like he was holding the original., just like the man holding it. More questions. He'd flip the necklace and noted it had the same feel as one of his enchanted weapons, which confirmed wht he thought it might be. "Hmmm, she never spoke to me about it before, but I have a good idea on what it's used for. Tell me, have you ever heard of a hydra?" If it really was what he thought it was, then he'd finally be able to properly practice his craft.

Post by Seigi Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:55 pm

When Mort commented that it felt odd to be called studious by him, he would simply chuckle, nodding to the massive amount of scrolls behind him.

"You have more scrolls in here than the armory does swords."
    He would joke, not taking the time to count. "But I'm sure each one has its purpose."

Mort revealed to Seigi that he had been one of Ryuko's three students, then proceeding onward to speak of "Hydras", something Seigi was not familiar with, and when asked, he would proceed to let Mort know truthfully.
    "I'm afraid I haven't." He would say. He had encountered many types of beings in his life, but a hydra was unfamiliar to him. It sounded like a beast, and if so, Seigi was beginning to piece everything together.

Seigi would reach down to the tea kettle, pouring himself a cup. Lifting it up to his nose, he would sniff it, feeling it's warmth cut through the cold and begin to warm his hands up again after his journey through the valley. He would bring the cup to his lips, the damn-near-searing tea going down easy. He would sip it gently, placing the cup back down on the table between them.

Character File

Post by Mort Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:16 am

Mort would bring an open hand to his chin, thinking about said scrolls. "Ahh. Yeah you could consider those my armory of sorts." He didn't think of himself as studious, but he could see how the mistake could be made. He was more bookish then some of his other shinobi, but that just came with learning fuinjutsu. If he could he'd rather learn through the spoken word in a story of some kind, but those kinds were few and far between. Knowledge was good and all, but unless he could apply it, he'd just be knowledgeable, not sagely.

He wasn't too surprised that the man hadn't heard what a a hydra was. Even now most of his clan still believed them to be myth and even fewer believing him that he had witnessed a duo. Continuing to spin the necklace in his hand as he got some tea for himself. "Hmmm, think of a hydra like a multi-headed snake-lizard, but like a really beefy one. Nasty stuff if you don't know what to do. We Kurama have stories from back when Bijuu roamed the land freely, about how these legendary lizards breathed poison and their blood was like acid, even ones about how no matter how you hurt them they they always would heal from it. And those stories, well I can confirm they have some truth to them. I've been lucky enough to meet two myself, and last I checked I lived to tell the tale." Mort finished messing with the necklace, it's chain wrapped around his wrist as he tried to piece together how the summoning would work. It was pretty clear the charm was a part of it, and that chakra had to activate it, but that was it so far. did he need to sign something for it to work?

He'd look back to the man in front of him. He had a plan, a plan that was probably reckless and stupid, but it was a gamble he was willing to take as he had talked about Shimiko so casually. "But before I continue, I need to know, who are you really Shiryō? Or would you be more of an Ikiryō? I always mixed up the spirits of the living and the dead, and a living man wearing a dead Kage's name and face doesn't help distinguish the two for me." He wouldn't make any sudden movements as he drank his red rooibos, holding the necklace in his hand so that it wouldn't be swiped back easily. If he needed to he could flood the person in front of him with enough genjutsu he'd be comatose for months, but it was tea time, and his meeting with hydra, Hozuki, and that strange mission with Irui had taught him stranger things existed in the world, this man may just be another one of those things.

Post by Seigi Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:14 am

Mort had put Seigi into a precarious situation, but not one that he hadn't prepared for. While it was true, he wore a dead Kage's face, this face was also his own. He had lied well enough before to convince Ryuko, but he also had Shimiko there to corroborate his story. He had hoped to make an appearance at Ryuko's ceremony but with the assassination attempt, it had been cut short, and with Ryuko gone, it did look fishy. Seigi would take another sip of tea, seemingly unbothered by Mort's question.

"I suppose it would be something in-between." Seigi would say, eyeing the cup. "I am very much alive, but the Seigi the world once knew has been long dead." His words weren't lies, but he knew they weren't exactly an answer to Mort's question. He had to be careful with his words these days, lest he give up his true identity. He would chuckle a bit, thinking about the situation. "Nonetheless, I am a friend."
    Seigi's gaze would glance to Mort's hand and the crystal in his grasp. "...And to prove it, I'd like you to keep that crystal. As one of Ryuko's students, I feel like it belongs to you." He would place the teacup in front of him, the ceramic cleared of it's contents.

"I can't think of anyone better to carry on Ryuko's power."

Character File

Post by Mort Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:06 pm

What a strange answer, one that brought up more questions then answers. They didn't like it, neither of them did as Id calmed down and wondered the same thing as him. Clone? Revived? Survived but memory loss? All were plausible, and seeing as it was a lot of possible, he couldn't be sure if any were truly the correct one. For all he knew he came from wherever items went that were stored in broken fuinjutsu scrolls, which was a concerning thought. But concerns aside, he'd watch the man's body language. Nothing said that he was lying, but it wasn't being totally honest either.

"I see, thank you for being honest, though I'm curious as to what you're hiding. Nevertheless, the fact I'm not dead and that Shimiko isn't bearing down on either of us is proof enough you're at least an ally, though I cannot help but wonder why...sorry, stray thought." Why was the fact this Seigi existing never get brought up to the general public, or even just the clan leaders? Did no one care enough to ask, or was something else going on? He would have to ask Shimiko about this later.

"One moment, lemme quick grab something."

He'd turn around and dig through his spare scrolls, pulling out an older one that had 'Secret Technique Stash vol 3' on it's side. "Here, have this in return, it's a list of my personal techniques I've been working on. some of them are complete, while other I've gotten close but haven't fully fleshed out. Consider it my way to show my trust in you as well."

He'd set down his cup, finished and dried cleanly out onto the plate. He'd then hook the amulet around his neck, the warmth of fuinjutsu giving him some small comfort. "I hope someday you'll trust me enough to tell me who you truly are Yūrei Seigi Chinoike, but for now...well I need to make preparations. Summoning was never my strong suit, but having a proper conduit may be what I need to understand the craft." He'd motion to the door. "If you ever want to talk or need a place to quietly practice, come to the Kurama Clan district. Not many use the small training area we have anyways."

{Attempted Exit}

{If Seigi accepts, he may access and learn all of Mort's custom Kenjutsu & Fuinjutsu techniques as of this post's date}

Post by Seigi Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Mort was kind and authentic, two things Seigi respected highly. In exchange for Ryuko's necklace, he would hand Seigi a scroll and Seigi would bow accordingly.

"I'm honored."
    He would say, stowing it away inside his sleeves. He would gather up his things, standing up to stretch, before confronting Mort one last time.

"I hope that it's of more use to you than it is me. And likewise, if you need anything, find me here, or Shimiko Tower. One day, I hope I can reveal the truth to you, but for now...." He would step towards the door, giving Mort a thumbs up.

"Train hard!"

[Exit with scroll in hand]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:56 am